Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 3: If you've got kids this weekend, you would have tried your best to find creative ways of things to do. We set we had a family meeting on Friday night. I dread these things being called. I'm like, it's just going to kick off. You must just say we're going to have a family round. And I'm like and the kids all know that.
Speaker 1: Oh no, and even I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, oh jeez, and I all sat down like, no, we don't want to be in this situation, but we need to get along.
Speaker 1: What board games you'd like to play? And I'm like, oh, you're opening with that. I was going to just say, you know, have something's to pocket money this weekend or something, only when they were like, no, they're done with board games.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: It's almost a mutiny at the mention of board games, ticket to ride and then we said tell you what then why don't So it was decided that Saturday night I was going to cook and I came up with the Southern California theme on the playlist Beers with Lives American Beers, and I made macaroni and cheese loaded potato skins. I hadd chicken kebabs infused with Jack Daniels that have been smoking for eight hours. Saturday night went really well. Last Sunday, my wife said, why don't I make like a high tea for us all to have at home.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a very British thing.
Speaker 3: My wife says that I played the national anthem as they came into the kitchen and I went, this looks a bit like we're mini fascists if everyone were like walking past on a Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 1: I think that DJing is in the English guy.
Speaker 3: Dunn Dun and we all sat down there and would you like some more cream in your scott daughters.
Speaker 1: Then my wife.
Speaker 3: Goes, because you play some hi ti music and I'm like, is that what we all know? Those albums? I found a playlist there's you know, there's a play this for everything on Spotify. Actually found a high tea playlist. Anyway, we're all having this and we have the scones or scones whenever you call them.
Speaker 1: I don't care. And do you put cream in or jam in first? By the way, I go jam first on top, yes, no way. The bed I put is the cream and then mister jams on top. Interesting and then do you turn into a sandwich and eat into it? Children horror fied I turned into a sandwich and eat a mini burger, Yeah, right, with cream and jam.
Speaker 3: What a great burger. Anyway, it is actually quite nice. Right we did this, And then I said to my wife, Look, you've made all this. Even my wife had made and baked millionaire short bread, and I've come tom up into pieces and brought in for my teammates on the show today. What's millionaire short Oh it's shortbread, but millionaire star my friend.
Speaker 1: Oh you'll love it. I've got some for everybody. Anyway, I said.
Speaker 3: To my wife, you've done all this, Me and the kids will clear it up. She went, oh, that's really kind. Now I need to point out here that the stuff we were using, the cutlery and all that, wasn't the normal plates. My wife had decided to get out her best china. All right, and this is this is already you can feel this story is a good story. Doesn't end well, guess what appens to china anyway? It's china that was given to her by her mum. And my wife missus her mum. Every single daysn't saying it for two years, and so she even if as she was getting it all out, she was getting tearful.
Speaker 1: This makes me think of my mom and.
Speaker 3: We're like, oh gosh, okay, well hopefully it can sort of bring a bit closer to again. You think your mum as you're doing this. So I said, we're clear all of this away barely two or three minutes, right the kids drop one of the battles and it's like patchy, It's like some royal dalt thing. It's like fine China, and I gourgle the kids. I gotta be honest, I almost cracked myself.
Speaker 5: And a lot of that stuff you can't get anything like.
Speaker 1: Just kill me now. Kids.
Speaker 3: Somehow even though it wasn't me, also it's embarrassed and met that.
Speaker 1: I was relieved it wasn't me, Like, oh, that's screwed somehow, I know that because this is my watch, it'll be my fault.
Speaker 3: I go to the kids, we just need to clear this up. Don't say anything. They went, I don't think it's a good idea. Mum said, we shouldn't lie. I went, you want to go and tell your mom it's her Mum? You saw she's weeping getting it out. You've broken it.
Speaker 1: You practically dropped her mummy. He is in a.
Speaker 3: Thousand pieces on the kitchen floor. I said, there's this clear up put it and bought my bin. I'll empty the bin, put it up there. She doesn't need to know about it, okay, and we can try and find some kind of new thing.
Speaker 1: But we just need to cover this up right now. We don't need this now.
Speaker 3: An hour or two later, her spidy senses women know, women know, and I'm nervy. When she comes to in the kitchen, the kids straight away start doing that glancing my glance's face where she goes, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Idiots?
Speaker 3: And then she she just cash is walking around. She's trying to work out there's a disc of vibe there. She goes, it's broken glass down here.
Speaker 1: What happens like this? What's happened?
Speaker 3: Then she goes, oh, no, my Dalton, no, my row Dalton. She picks up when and I go straight away, I should have gone it was me, but I didn't.
Speaker 1: I went, she dropped it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and my wife sleep. I'm not making that.
Speaker 1: She goes.
Speaker 3: A column, storms off right, will feel really bad. I go in there and go, look, I you will this week I will dedicate I will try and find that she went good luck.
Speaker 1: I had to. There's a there's a website called plate search where you could try.
Speaker 3: Who knew today I'll be spending all day on something called plate search looking for a dish Royal Dalton springtime. I mean, I'm I'm not finding that dish. That's the rest of my life and endless quest for that. So anyway, the cover up didn't work this morning. I want to know what did you try and cover up? What if you tried to cover up? Nine four one four one o four three what did you try and cover up? Often cover ups involved when something's been broken in the house, and imagine that some of you has stories about things that you broke when you were kids and you tried to cover up from mum and dad.
Speaker 1: It's often at the bottom of the bin as well, which I found. Biancer tried to cover up from me. Throw away my sneakers because they had holes in them, but I loved how comfy they were. Found him at the them of the wheeling bin. See you've got right right and a knee. Get well done. Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: The team have tried some my wife's ab midianaire homemade shortbread.
Speaker 1: You approve delicious, nice, isn't it. We're okay to send it to listeners. It's right to send them food, sure if they trust us.
Speaker 3: Very strict rules about this in the UK. I got into a lot of trouble once sending food to listeners.
Speaker 1: What did you send? It was just some some food, left over food and I didn't finish. I could finish my curry last start. I send it to you. That's how we do radio back in the mother Man. You mean you don't give away leftovers?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 1: What's in Christian Slot Bin tomorrow? Temper state tune in the Golden Slot Bin? Alrighty? What if you tried to cover up nine four one four one o four three Candy s good morning, Good morning Christian Candy. So I hope you're well, Thanks for calling the show, Candies. What did you try and cover up?
Speaker 4: I tried to cover up a burnout?
Speaker 1: A burnout? Right, Okay, take us there. What happened?
Speaker 4: It was a few years ago when I was a teenager and my parents went away and they left Dad's pride and joining the garage. So I decided that I'll get in it and see how fast I outside the garage and what.
Speaker 1: Was his pride and joy? What kind of car holding?
Speaker 4: It was a holding at this stage.
Speaker 1: Holding. Holdings are made for burnout.
Speaker 3: It's the number one who burnout choice hold the back wheels, don't even Whenever you hear the piece looking for a car, it's always then. The word I always hear is holding. Okay, so you're in the hold and doing the burnouts.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I just put my flat and the car was tight on carpet at the time, and it slipped all the carpets back to the back of the head and less two dirty, big black time in the garage.
Speaker 1: And how did you cover them up? That's the day? How did you cover them?
Speaker 4: I just pulled the carpet. That's over last nothing ever happened. And then the garage flooded like ten fifteen years later and removed all the carpets, and I remember walking outside and Dad just scratching his head, what the hell.
Speaker 1: Was this.
Speaker 3: Must be here when we bought the house fires.
Speaker 4: But yeah, he saw them, and I owned up to them. I told I told him that on what I did, and he just.
Speaker 1: Did heround you he had he had.
Speaker 4: Two daughters and both of us were tomboys. So if I was a mechanic back then, so like he knew, he knew what we were up to, but he was he was good. He was good about it.
Speaker 1: That's great, Candies, thank you very much the story.
Speaker 2: Have a good week, no way, thank you.
Speaker 1: Chris Christian, how are you? I'm good, Chris. What did you try and cover up? Uh?
Speaker 5: A human sized hole in a wall with a piece of a four paper?
Speaker 1: Where's this short shang renembition? The poster rack our Welsh cover of the hole? Now? Was the human sort of sized hole in the wall? A brother?
Speaker 5: Yeah? So my brother James, who I hope is listening.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: He it offended me and warned my pajamas to bed, and I wasn't very happy and we got into a bit of a wrestle and he and he sort of slipped into the wall.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: I mean you should have been signed up by Dana White in the UFC with those kind of grappling skills.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you could ask my mom, she'll she'll probably advise otherwise.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so a four is going to cover up It's the perfect crime.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean an eleven year old Brian is pretty panic station.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right, and how quickly until he got rumbled immediately.
Speaker 5: Immediately. But the worst part was Mum was out and she came home with a present for us, which was the Matchilly gotcha call TD.
Speaker 1: And did she did? She not give it to you? She did?
Speaker 5: And then she went to bed crying.
Speaker 1: This story.
Speaker 3: Everything was over for a happier ending, you know, in lockdown, buddy, and you'll there.
Speaker 1: Chuck living those Matt Tilly wind up goods.
Speaker 3: Oh Chris, you're unrepentant as well. Just silence there, all right, Chris. No millionaire shortbread for you, my friend, Chris, thank you very much for going to squeeze one last one.
Speaker 1: Dion, Good morning, Good morning Christians. Dion, what did you try and cover up?
Speaker 2: When I was seven eight, my parents went away for a week through summer, so I stole my mom's first Harley, took it down to phillip Oland for a four year joy rod and pretty much had to limp it back. How hard I rode it, the motor wasn't running too well, put it back in the shed, chained it all back up like fairest.
Speaker 3: But isn't it you took it out for a joy ride, and then what happened when he got it back?
Speaker 2: Well, I got it back all cleaned up. Thought I got away with it till after dinner the night that they got home, and they took me the shed to show me something that turned it. They found the bugs on the headlight. Gasp.
Speaker 1: I didn't think about that, did you at seventeen? Nah, no match till he got your CD for you.
Speaker 3: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast