Speaker 1: Got anything good. Hey, this is the Christian Connell Show podcast. Good morning Rio, Good morning, Happy Friday.
Speaker 2: Pats, and you too, Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 1: So this weekend, thank you for We are heading into tomorrow. The twenty first. Is the solstice.
Speaker 2: It is the shortest No.
Speaker 1: It's the winter, winter solstice.
Speaker 3: Winter.
Speaker 1: Yes, I still get confused sometimes if in its seven years so this used to be summer Solstice. It's winter Solstice. Correct, It's the shortest day, longest night tomorrow, right, and then it all starts changing. Oh yeah, more light like a dimmer switches.
Speaker 3: Running downhill for the rest of the Yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, we are so weekend plans tomorrow, Get your heads around this. Then some friends are coming round for dinner, but they are coming round to my house for dinner, and they're making dinner for us in my house.
Speaker 4: Why how did that arrangement come about?
Speaker 1: The Swiss that's the only one I can explain it. I don't know whether this is something they do in Swissland, but I didn't want to get in the way of you know, when you accept something immediately with like offering no resistance, you know it's polite to go You couldn't I went, thank you, you should as you should come and tell my watch goes on? I hope you said no? And why would I do that? Then cook it all in house? Watch it after it's easy.
Speaker 3: Well that's you know, that's actually a nice thing to do.
Speaker 1: I think it's a great idea because then sometimes you have you go to dishes and then we could come over to theirs and I could cook. Come, well, can we do a steaks which is pretty bass me stood by barbecue. Turning someone over it too. It's a very nice gesture. So I've got that to look forward to you. What are you actually this weekend, pig.
Speaker 5: We've got Audrey's got her media production, her Theater Group production in Kilda, so they're doing a couple of different numbers.
Speaker 2: So we've got that.
Speaker 1: Beatil old fashioned one.
Speaker 2: I want to say Saint James, but I don't think it's James.
Speaker 1: I know the one you met old It's beautiful inside. Chairs are very narrow theaters.
Speaker 2: I've just got to wedge your backside.
Speaker 1: But I tell you what afterwards, there's a great ice cream place next door. Yeah, it's really nice. Check that very nice.
Speaker 2: Yes, we've got that.
Speaker 3: What are they doing?
Speaker 2: I don't know what they're singing, but they do.
Speaker 4: They know.
Speaker 1: I bet you know what the red carpets are. Hopefully someone will say at the beginning, Otherwise you'd be like googling the worlds.
Speaker 5: Is there a I think one must be high school musical sort of inspired because they're wearing like cheer later stuff, So I think it must be one of the songs.
Speaker 2: You know, spoil the surprise you find out.
Speaker 1: Maybe too old. No, they'll be doing high school music. Yeah, i'd say, what are you watch to this weekend?
Speaker 3: At two pm?
Speaker 4: I'm going to your pean and we're going to a winter Solstice getaway.
Speaker 1: So I have a cool, interesting thing to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's not really my thing.
Speaker 4: Don't know much about that world, but one of our friends is quite witchy and she's organized it all. There's twenty of us we're going out. I don't know what's in store, but I'm very intrigued and very exciting.
Speaker 1: You'll be respecting all the ancient semonies and rituals that people have had for years around this time of year in the land, same in the UK as well all over the world. You'll be tapping into really their sort of indigenous customs as well. You have an amazing Jome. I can't wait here Monday. What you actually do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're going to go out into the forest, That's all I know.
Speaker 1: So you'll be doing the ritual of something cool.
Speaker 2: Are you camping? Are you staying in?
Speaker 3: We just got a big.
Speaker 1: There's princess, he ain't no camper and Nora, we and I take it. We all agree now that Jack's left, weren't doing that camp in showing November lamping or the Airbnb show, Christian O'Connell show, go On podcast, Let's go around the team Now we do this every Friday. We call it double thumbs up. Basically, it's to stop you arguing every Friday and Sunday night on the couch. So hard to agree a TV show that everyone's happy to stream. Two from me. Just finished this week watching the brilliant fourth season on Amazon Prime of Clarkson's Farm. I actually think it's the best thing he's ever done. Jeremy and I love top Gear and known him for years, and James as well. But I'm telling now Clarkson's Farm what he's done for farmers all around the world. We see how hard they have it. And Jeremy's done a great thing. It's a very funny, heartfelt show. But you know, and he keeps saying constantly, this isn't my living, but this is heartbreaking even for me up against the weather, no matter how hard you work, And he was saying, there's no other job where it's not about your job. It's depending not on what you do about bloody weather. Yeah. So Clarkson's Farm, very funny, great fourth season. Finished that this week. And the other thing we've just started is I would say this is one of the best crime thrillers I've seen in the years. You might have seen everyone's raving them. It's called Department Q. It's new on Netflix. Yes, my god, it's so good. Perhaps you would love this really really really smart, brilliant show, great cast as well. However, I will say this, I watched an episode the other night and it's not a horror move or anything, but it's a chilling thriller, right, No, No, it's really good. But I had a nightmare. I actually had a nightmare about it that the car couldn't find me. It is a really full on nightment, you know out there, I still.
Speaker 3: Get terrified from nightmare.
Speaker 4: Is I would walk out and have to go out into the living room and put a light on to just calm down.
Speaker 1: I had to put the light on, I had to put the yeah yeah, and just reground. And normally what I did if I watch a scary TV show and I'll watch an episode of Seinfeld as a kind of a panic. And I didn't do that, and Mummy said to me, you need to watch Seinfelder. You might wet the bed. Pritty boy, I have been growing up.
Speaker 2: Sarah was right, Wow.
Speaker 1: It's very good. Department Q cannot recommend that enough. Rio, What are you into at the moment?
Speaker 3: I am watching Tires season two?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're watching that as well.
Speaker 3: It is a veryness.
Speaker 1: No, it's really bad. And I don't know about you, but it was full on the first season. This one's worse. Yeah. Yeah, we watched the second episode. Who's in the second episode? I've just the first Oh my god, I made the mistake of watching that with my eighteen year old And she was back from university and five minutes before that she was talking about this essay she's talking about about sex has been popular culture, Dad presses play and it's just like everything she talks about and they go, this is terrible. We didn't turn it off. Yeah, shame of goodness, great standard coming. That isn't the casting? That really funny?
Speaker 3: It's brilliant. It's like an X rayed version of the Office.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's really twenty minute episodes. Ye, just setting an a tire place. Very very good. The guy I've never seen him before, the poor little guy there.
Speaker 4: Oh will Yeah, where he's brilliant.
Speaker 1: He needs to be in a Tarantino movie or something. He's the star of it for me. He's so good. All right. The Christian O'Connell show podcast PASSI what are you giving your double thumbs up?
Speaker 5: Across something on YouTube the other day. It's about a documentary that is in the making to find the Gibson guitar that Michael Fox played in in Back to the Future in that scene where they do the prom dance under the ocean. So they've embarked on this massive search to find the red Gibson guitar. So after that scene was shot, which was the very first scene that he did, apparently, because remember they replaced his character.
Speaker 2: He wasn't the original Martin Mick Fly.
Speaker 5: So then they brought Michael in and after the scene was shot, it sort of just disappeared, so it's gone.
Speaker 1: Lewis from Huey Lewis and the news is. One of the school teachers behind the desk cameo in it.
Speaker 2: He's part of the bio as well.
Speaker 5: All the stars from the movie come back to launch this massive appeal help us find this red guitar. And they've even launched like a website, so if anyone's had any sightings of it to jump on, can you watch it just on YouTube if you search Lost to the Future.
Speaker 1: You guys, watch more and more YouTube now. Yeah. I read the other day that it's now counts some more streaming the Netflix for the first time. It's going to get bigger and bigger. They think it will overtake all the streaming services, right, Yeah, there's so much stuff.
Speaker 5: I know, it almost seems old school compared to it.
Speaker 2: But it's really fascinating.
Speaker 5: So they're making this this bio based on this guitar, so maybe they'll find it.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 5: The other thing this week, producer Caitlin has just about been jumping out of her skin for me tole I.
Speaker 2: Know, right, she's like absolutely on fire.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what this is this is a falls on planes?
Speaker 5: She reckons, so her jaunts to Europe, she said, she slept so well on a plane, and I said, please tell me what your secret is, because I never.
Speaker 1: We know her secret is drinking too much. And it's not a secret. What's that is? That heard a chunder into on.
Speaker 5: The plane because she got it at anko so kmart or target and it is basically or target or target because they have anko. Now it's basically an inflatable frame.
Speaker 2: I guess you would call it.
Speaker 1: That looks like a cage for your head.
Speaker 2: It is like a cage put animal.
Speaker 1: Who can sleep? And that medieval talkture.
Speaker 5: Chamber, well, she reckons she got like eight or ten hours.
Speaker 1: No way, that's buy it, she swears, full.
Speaker 2: Stop, without a doubt.
Speaker 5: The inflatable front travel pillow will change your traveling.
Speaker 1: Nah, as opposed to the fatal rear pillar.
Speaker 3: You look like such a an Exactly it is.
Speaker 1: I've seen fools with this. It's a falls pillow. I don't care.
Speaker 5: I'm never going to see these people again because you can't see how that horrible construction.
Speaker 1: How could you relax in that?
Speaker 2: You literally it's all the weight off your body.
Speaker 1: You just body? Is it what you're going to fit your legs? And it's like an inflict all Mri scanner.
Speaker 2: You come out with a beautiful neck. I haven't to go to the.
Speaker 1: Beautiful neck. I'll tell you what ringing now if you've got an ugly ass neck, what does that even mean? We haven't got any listeners or turkeys.
Speaker 2: It's almost like.
Speaker 5: A brace position, isn't it, Caitlin that he's sleeping in?
Speaker 2: But you swear by it, swear by it.
Speaker 4: It is the only thing that's ever been able to allow me to sleep on a plane and I had eight hours stretched.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what this is. I can see it right now. It's a Bogan pillow. Yes, added to my list things. Bogans love this. That thing there and also it's just it's so big.
Speaker 4: It's something next to me. Pulled that out.
Speaker 1: You've got to sort of me. You need to go to toilet, you know, and you got to go excuse me. They're in their head contraction. They can't hear you in there. Have you got a little blowho you can speak to them in Robert the Christian O'Connell Show podcast