Speaker 1: Laura and come on in.
Speaker 2: Hello, it's Halloween everyone.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you're aware.
Speaker 4: I would have rather Mitch played some audio of ghosts than hear that Laura.
Speaker 5: But that was a pretty good impression, I guess, than me trying to be a ghost. I feel like we should have worn costumes or something today.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I did think about it.
Speaker 1: That's a girl.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, stop it.
Speaker 4: But you know, I've actually seen ghosts in real life, so I believe in all this.
Speaker 5: Again, Brittin constantly says I'm really into ghosts, but what she means is that she she literally has seen ghosts, and I am, like have normally and in the past, been very dubious of this type of stuff. But some of BRIT's story is very convincing. And then I had an experience where I thought I saw my papa, so like I've come around a comforull circle.
Speaker 6: That's beautiful.
Speaker 1: I was attacked by a demon my ex eh.
Speaker 3: See that coming.
Speaker 5: Look, I am actually Look, I want to do the show. I'm excited about it, but I'm also very excited about when it ends, because it means I get to go and do trick or treating with the kids after this I'm going straight from here to pick up my kids and then we're going door knocking.
Speaker 3: Don't come to my house.
Speaker 2: You've got no treats.
Speaker 3: Don't have a lot of treats.
Speaker 2: Dog treats.
Speaker 3: That's a protein bar.
Speaker 5: Pretty give out hair vitamins to us, out some collagen supplements.
Speaker 3: There's great Elixa for your skin care.
Speaker 6: Do you give out Tony May your house? Like just earrings and jewelry.
Speaker 2: We don't give away anything because we're out of the house.
Speaker 5: No one's there, because we've got our own kids and we're getting free treats from everybody.
Speaker 2: Else in the street.
Speaker 4: Hey, look, the reason I am super into ghost is because I have seen them. Like we said, but I am going to convince you guys, Mitch and Laura today we are bringing some real life ghostbusters onto the pickup.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm actually so excited.
Speaker 6: These guys find and hunt and talk to ghosts here in Australia on a podcast YouTube series and apparently they're bringing proof that ghosts exist on the show today. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, look, before we get into the show, I do want to say one little reminder. There are so many people and so many kids that are going to be out in the streets this afternoon from right now trick or treating. So if you're in your cars driving, just keep a really close eye out and drive safe.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right, Ask on cut. Next, We've got a very big question.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what do you want to do? What do you want to do? What do you do if you want to a lope?
Speaker 4: You have like a huge family that wants to have a huge, big Greek wedding.
Speaker 1: Yep, huge, that's next time the pickup. Welcome to a Halloween Arodus.
Speaker 2: Ask uncut, Hi.
Speaker 3: I love Ask on cut.
Speaker 4: Ask on cut is where you, guys the listeners call up or you're writing with your biggest problems and we do our best to help. We have Erin on the phone today with a problem that I can relate to myself. Aaron is getting married, but she's from a big family. She wants to alope and she doesn't know how to bring that up with her family. Hate Erin, Hi, guys, have you planned your wedding yet?
Speaker 3: Erin?
Speaker 8: So, I've got little bits and pieces like a wedding dress and a flower girl dress. But that's that's to the extent of it. Because we don't want to lock anything in until we confirm, and I guess break the news to the wider family.
Speaker 5: How many people do your parents? I guess, because they're probably the ones that care the most. How many people do they expect you to have at your wedding?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 2: How big is the expectation for it to be.
Speaker 8: I'm from a European background. If it was a European yeah, if it was a European wedding all round, it would probably be close to like one hundred and fifty people, I guess.
Speaker 2: But it's a big wedding.
Speaker 8: I'm fortunate that my partner has a very small family, so it's definitely going to be if if we were to choose a normal wedding, it would be quite a small wedding of eighty people because he sided so small. But I just myself, my partner, we just don't really want to do that. It's not what we want. We've already had the little kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, well, Aaron, I think.
Speaker 8: We've got our house, so we don't see the point in spending so much money for something like that.
Speaker 4: I think you just said it there yourself. You said, my partner and I don't want that. I think that's your answer. At the end of the day. I know there's a lot of people whose feathers get ruffled when you say, hey, I'm not going to have a huge wedding or I'm not inviting great Arnie Sharon.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day, you're getting married for you guys.
Speaker 4: And if they're not funding the wedding, which they don't have to do, it's not the expectation. But they can't sit back and say, hey, have a huge wedding with two hundred people. But also you pay for it. If you don't want it and you don't have the finances for it, I'd just be getting a loop and then I would tell them I'm just say, hey, it's already happened.
Speaker 5: That's the big question, right Do you ask for permission or do you ask for forgiveness afterwards?
Speaker 6: I say, normally in my life my motto is beg for forgiveness after I don't see ession. Have you said, oh, we're interested in this, we don't want what you and dad had like if you had those conversations.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, We've slided it in a few times in conversations where we've had dinner over the parents' house and you know, it's just sort of like that awkward silence moment after that, and then Mum will pull you aside when you're doing the dishes after dinner, going well, you know that's not you know how we do things and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Oh, Aaron, who do you want at your wedding?
Speaker 2: If you're going to all lobe?
Speaker 5: Like, ideally, if you could you know, set the scene, who's going to be there from the family or is it just going to be you and your husband?
Speaker 8: Ideally I would love my parents and my partner's parents and my two little kids. That would that would mean the world to me. Just a small intimate ceremony and then that way we could you know, spend a little bit more like depending on where we would elope to, then we could spend like a week there and just on one before we come back to reality.
Speaker 2: Doesn't it?
Speaker 3: Okay, here's what you're going to do. Strap in what you're going to do.
Speaker 4: You've already got your dress, You've got the flower girl dress for your daughter. You're gonna go You're gonna organize the elopement and you're going to go to respective parents and say, hey, I understand you're going to be upset by this, but this is the decision we've made. I want you there more than anything, and I hope you come, but we're not changing our plan. And they're your parents. They're gonna come, whether they're unhappy or not. Then you do Mitch's thing where you lay on the ground, kiss their feet, beg for forgiveness.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Always, Yeah, you've got it.
Speaker 5: You can't, especially when it comes to your wedding. You can't bend over backwards to make everyone else happy. You're gonna end up with the day that is what you wanted.
Speaker 3: Bloody expensive.
Speaker 4: You don't want to be dropping like weddings like eighty to one hundred grand, so many people.
Speaker 5: This is the thing about European weddings, though, is that the money comes back to you because when you go to a wedding, you give money. Then they come to your wedding, they give money. It kind of is like a big circle of life of wedding life.
Speaker 4: Not enough, not enough, No, they don't give enough.
Speaker 1: We hope we helped.
Speaker 8: I love it. I think that's a very good suggestion. I think I don't know. I put my big girl pants on and have an upfront conversation with them.
Speaker 6: I guess if you've got a question you want to help with, you can go to the pickup dot com. Don't you write into us on our website now? Next, every I don't mean to scare you. We have proof that ghosts are real. The Australian Ghost Whisperers are joining us on the show.
Speaker 2: How are we feeling very special Halloween?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think it's now the time. Britney's already all across it. She loves a ghost I'm not.
Speaker 3: Worried about it. I feel like I'm going to connect with them on another level. I might join them. Actually, I might start ghostbusting.
Speaker 6: Sure when I got to stop The Australian Ghost Whispers live for a Halloween pick up. Next, it is, of course, ladies Halloween.
Speaker 3: I'm not a halloweener.
Speaker 4: I love ghosts, but I'm not that I don't dress up, I don't have kids to take trigger treating.
Speaker 5: Every time you say you love ghosts, I feel like you need to add context to that.
Speaker 3: Not so, I just like tho.
Speaker 5: Britney sees ghosts. She talked about it before.
Speaker 3: I've seen a few ghosts. Yeah, she talked.
Speaker 1: About a lot of things. That's the problem. So it's hard to work about which is important and which isn't.
Speaker 6: Thank God, We've got some specialists, some spooky specialists in the studio with us now. You may know them from their YouTube series The Australian Ghost Whisper or their podcast as well. They are very interesting. Katerina Legato and James Jennings join us the ghost Hunters. Welcome you to Hello, thank you, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 2: The ghost Hunters. Hello, the Ghostbusters?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, or ghost whispers? Is that what you call yourself?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 9: It all works though in SAE and in terms of ghostbusting. I've always thought that we should wear matching jumpsuits, but Katerine is not sold on the idea.
Speaker 4: How does one find themselves with the job title of ghost whisperer?
Speaker 7: Oh okay, Well, the work actually found me. From when I was very young. I was always able to see spirit and communicate with dead people. As I as I got older and moved through life, I just found myself helping more and more people with my gifts and giving them guidance and messages from the other side. And then it just became a full time job. I've been doing this full time for thirty years. Wow, time for thirty thirty years full time.
Speaker 5: A lot of the stuff on your Instagram is around like evil spirits. Is it mostly what you encounter evil spirits or is it peoples whose loved ones haven't crossed over?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 2: What is your experience a ghosts.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's a lot of people would love to hear from the other side, from loved ones from the other side. So I do a lot of those readings for people. But I have also dealt with lost souls and evil spirits when I go into homes to do house clearings.
Speaker 4: James, you are the print editor of Rolling Stone magazine.
Speaker 3: You've been a journalist for twenty years.
Speaker 4: How did you find yourself as also a ghost whisperer.
Speaker 9: Well, look, I have had I guess you could say supernatural instances throughout my life. So I have had what I would call proof, personal proof. I've had experiences which have proved you, on a shadow of doubt that it's real.
Speaker 4: What's the craziest thing that comes to mind that you've experienced.
Speaker 1: There's a few.
Speaker 9: The most recent is we did a podcast and YouTube episode where we actually caught a demon on cam. So a photo of a demonic being it's legit, and we've got that photo up on our Instagram and it's in the YouTube series.
Speaker 3: And what happened?
Speaker 6: We have the moment actually, James, we got it off your YouTube. Okay, so here it is.
Speaker 1: This is the moment James is talking about.
Speaker 9: But the biggest surprise came when another spirit haunting the property gave us some very specific instructions.
Speaker 2: Hello, here, did we take a photo? Then we take a photo of the room? Said.
Speaker 9: We took the photos and didn't notice anything strange at the time, but upon closer inspection a few weeks later, we made a terrifying discovery. By zooming in on a mirror, we found we'd capture the reflection of a demonic creature hiding in another room.
Speaker 2: What do you do when you discover this?
Speaker 3: I've just seen the photo.
Speaker 2: We just saw it before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, before that, how did you get that audio of the ghost that said take a photo like that?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 9: So, in terms of ghost hunting, there is a device people use called a spirit box, and essentially it's like it's like a frequency scanner, and the theory of it is that like spirits can tune into the frequency and speak through it. So if you watch any ghost hunting TV shows or anything, people use this as a device to get messages through.
Speaker 2: What did you do when you saw this?
Speaker 5: And you say that you often go and do clearings to clear spirits from a place.
Speaker 2: What does that involve and what does that look like?
Speaker 7: So generally I go to the house that is being that has the issues going on, and I have obviously my own ritual and way of bringing the spirits together and calming them and helping them to understand that I'm there to help them, not to kind of scare them any further, because they are quite afraid they're lost, They're in limbo, so you know, you have to put a lot of love into it and generally help them to move into the spirit. Well, often there's family members, pets waiting for them.
Speaker 1: We're going to go to a break. It is Halloween here at the Pickup and.
Speaker 6: Everywhere, not just the pick We celebrate all holidays here at the Pickup. We're here with the Australian Ghost whisper More with you guys when we come back. You right to stick around sure? All right after this on the pickup joining us in studio the Australian Ghost Whisperers, psychic medium Katerina Legado and James Jennings now I believe, Katerina. We wanted to ask if, because you can send spirits in any room, can you send spirits.
Speaker 7: In people, Yes, if there's somebody on the other side, Yes, yes, I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Have you at all in being here felt anything or sense anything since you've been here?
Speaker 7: I do feel like there is an older man around you, Mitch, like a like a grandfather, like a really maybe great grandfather. But I feel that he is holding space for you at a very emotional time, and I feel that he's wanting me to let you know that things are going to be okay for you, that you're moving through a really incredibly challenging process this time in your life. He's showing me like this pretty rainbow bridge, like things are going to be happy, even though right now you're.
Speaker 3: Not feeling that way.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Very sweet, because he's showing me the rainbow for you and his way of reassuring you that you are moving into happier times.
Speaker 1: This stuff going on in my personal life, and that feels really happy.
Speaker 7: I feel he was like a father figure almost for you, very involved in your life. That's what he's saying to me. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he was funny. I feel he's really funny, and I feel like he's been sad to see you moving, you know, being so sad, but he's also kind of saying it's okay. You know, it's okay to feel sad, and it's okay to move through all of this.
Speaker 6: That's beautiful so much that's really has, you know, tugged on the heartstrings the girls.
Speaker 7: I'm sensing I'm not sure, are you wanting another child? Kept sensing a little Laura, Laura, like a little boy around you.
Speaker 5: I would love to have another baby. We talk about all the time. Allowed Britti's gonna kill me if I have another kids. It's not great for business, but I would love to have it.
Speaker 3: I feel you will.
Speaker 7: Ever ever, since I walked in here, I felt this little child around you, this really playful little boy, and it's like, come on, I just want to come in and I want to So this is with my sisters.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: I would love the context of this though, because I mean, we're talking about spirits that have passed on, so children that haven't been born yet are people that you can tap into.
Speaker 7: This little boy is part of your soul family. So you've perhaps been together in prior lifetime, so we come together with our soul groups.
Speaker 3: So I feel like this.
Speaker 7: Little boy is kind of waiting for you to do a little slip up with Habby and Laura.
Speaker 4: Laura's already got two kids, so coming over to me. Are there any soul families in my in my aura.
Speaker 3: I have any soul kids, Like.
Speaker 7: I feel that you need to let go of whatever grief emotions are around children. I just feel that the more you let go of whatever it is that you're holding on to around that concept of family children, I do feel that there will be children in your life, even though you feel like somehow, I don't know, I feel like you're quite distanced from that feeling of children. But I do feel like there's going to be like a surprise, it will happen for you.
Speaker 1: Another slipper.
Speaker 5: That is exactly how you feel. You've spoken about it a little bit recently around.
Speaker 7: Yeah, have you been given like negative information around fertility or have you received negative news? Yeah, it's like, don't listen to it. You are the master of your own reality, right.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well I have babies in the freezer. Yeah, yeah, you hear from them? Or are they two frozen?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I have embryos frozen.
Speaker 7: I don't know, I see, but for that are fertile four that are going to be really good.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, okay, well enough about my frozen children.
Speaker 1: It's incredible.
Speaker 3: Do you ever come across James like, do you ever feel like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: These are really bad spirits that we need to like, do you ever feel worried or unsafe or you always like, no, it's cute, We're here to help.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no no.
Speaker 9: I would say it's more common to pick up on the dark, nasty stuff because I feel like maybe they want to let you know that they're there, Like they want to scare you, they want to freak you out. So like, as an example, I lived in a house many years ago and I was kept getting worken up at night because I was getting shaken. I was literally getting shaken awake, and I would see kind of like handprints on the duna type situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was so terrifying.
Speaker 9: And that's how Caterina and I met because I was like, I want to move, a want to move, and someone put me in touch with Catarina. She came in, she completely cleared the place and we became friends and we've been friends and that's how we sort of began our journey onto the podcast and YouTube is so cool.
Speaker 4: I have so many questions I know are at a time.
Speaker 6: The Australian goes with Bright they've got a YouTube channel. You do a podcast too, Yes, and that's available everywhere. It's available everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yep, amazing. Thank you for being on the show, Thank you for having us. I'm well and what are you up next? Happy Halloween?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 1: I'll give your kids tricker treating tonight. Laws you're doing that with a kids?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Now I'm terrified
Speaker 3: Halloween inside today kids, well tomorrow s