Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Yesterday I got an email from one of you, and I was about to delete it because it upset me so much. I thought, I don't know, maybe maybe I need to be a grown up here for a occasionally on the show.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're going to like it.
Speaker 3: The Jackie Boy someone emailed us as I saw us like three in the afternoon, and it was the subject heading was hot take. And then there's no like hello Christian or anything up there or you know, enjoy listening to the show.
Speaker 1: Is straight into the business arguing at work.
Speaker 3: Again, there's no formalities here, just begins hot take, arguing at work. I think the Food Fighters were better than Nirvana. Unpopular opinion, but there it is. I've said it, no, and I.
Speaker 1: Literally read that, like, who is this an idiot?
Speaker 3: This is blasphemous. This is like someone rushed to the Satanic verses. I'm literally hovering over delite and then I have to really fight the urge not to just put them in the trash bin.
Speaker 4: Hey, the food Fighters are great, don't get us. Yes, I love to hear a food fighting.
Speaker 1: Dave grow the nicest man in music in rock and roll.
Speaker 4: However, Nirvana's Nirvana Yes completely changed music in the early nineties.
Speaker 1: I don't see how. I mean.
Speaker 3: I love some of the Food Fighting song but the ones I would go back and listen to more often are still going to be Nirvana songs.
Speaker 4: Definitely. No Food Fighters is like a spin off band from Nirvana.
Speaker 1: So now that is a hot take within a hot take.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 1: It's like what a Russian doll of foods Nirvana? Dave's Dave's a little doll.
Speaker 4: Nirvana's like friend Dave Grol calls the show, and Dave girls like Joey. He's great, and Joey's a great character.
Speaker 1: Have we gone?
Speaker 4: Joey is a great character.
Speaker 3: I was going to say this week that I'd love it if they got Dave Grohl to call the show. Would you say, do you know what if Dave Grohl called the show, would you say, hey, we had this email, what do you think about this? To his face or to his listening ears, just say hey, we had an email someone saying the Food Fighters were better than Nirvana. Surely even you don't agree with that. I think he'd go no, no way, you know, And he was in Nirvana.
Speaker 4: Think about this. Yeah, he still gets the credit for being in Nirvana because he.
Speaker 3: Was in the van, and also gets the credit you gave him for being the Joey of the band. He had all that abuse for years because of what Courney love you to trush him. Don't then say he's the joey of the friend's outfit. I love it when people do give an unpopular opinion, right, but they don't call it an unpopular opinion. They just go there upset it and they shrug like they've just dropped something a grenade in your fish pond, haven't they this morning? Then if you've got another big go bold like the guy didn't put his name on this. By the way, all I know is he's his email server is big Pond. Go big, go bold like my friend big Pond, and give us your unpopular opinion, right, called us up that thing that normally keep quiet, because you know people are going to get upset about, right, the gloves are off. Okay, are we going to say that we try not to where possible not to judge them or will you will hear you out then react? Okay, so it's your unpopular opinion. End it with my friend who says Foo Fighters were better than Nirvana with there, I've said it. Whatever your unpopular opinion is or hot take, you must end.
Speaker 1: It with their I've said it.
Speaker 3: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. So yesterday I get an email from one of you in the middle of the afternoon saying you're arguing at work and you think that the Foo Fighters were better than Nirvana and ended this shoes thing to say, this bold proclamation with there I've said it, which is often what you hear people say when they give like an unpopular opinion or tape. So this morning, hold us up, give us your unpopular opinion causing devastation, reaction, outrage, scandal. How could you even think that and end it with there, I've said it, Jackie boy, what have you got?
Speaker 4: Last thing I want to do is poke the Star Wars fans. So if you're a big Star Wars.
Speaker 3: A bit and I'm not a mega one of those that protect the universe and all this, but the ones that grew up with the three, I wish that it's numbered them rather than But anyway, what.
Speaker 1: Does your take?
Speaker 4: I like jar Jar binks to me he was a great.
Speaker 1: That's just let anyone say that.
Speaker 4: When I was a kid, I had a jar Jar Binks T shirt.
Speaker 1: It's Georgey down station to the studio and radio.
Speaker 4: I would watch a jar Jar Binks movie.
Speaker 3: George Binks ruined the Frank. I hate George Lucas Brevor for what he did to it.
Speaker 1: He was a great jump on beloved movies. He needs a talking poom.
Speaker 4: And needs more whackings.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 4: I don't know what that?
Speaker 1: All right, guys, look at that funny turn?
Speaker 3: Then what's that medical kid?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: We really, yes, you need this. Our Wars universe can be so boring with all the politics and the leaders.
Speaker 1: Get that. You're quite right.
Speaker 4: You need a funny, wacky character. And he was that. God was good fun.
Speaker 3: He got the interplay between the Wookie and hands sold it for that.
Speaker 1: A space pirate.
Speaker 4: And a great big space lizard.
Speaker 1: No, yes, no lizard with the giant. It is Judge I Binks. You again to go there.
Speaker 4: I've said it, Okay, jud Jar Binks is a great, if not the best Star Wars character. There, I've said it.
Speaker 1: I don't like him, all right, this should be good.
Speaker 3: I make sure you actually hate for the speakers finally going because I see it in the eyes every morning and I'm still here.
Speaker 1: Is he okay?
Speaker 3: Hey, Patsy, what is it? Then you're you're popular? Opin and end it with there. I've said it.
Speaker 6: I will stand by this to the day I die. He has never been hot, will never be hot. And I'm talking about Brad Pitt's really amidity. I don't care about his performance in seven or Fight Club or that Dracula thing with Tom Cruise. He is not hot. He's not He's trying to be James Dean and he will never be James Dean.
Speaker 1: I just thought, right, we can talk about which movies you did or didn't like. But I thought it was University. Agreed, Patsy. That is he's just.
Speaker 4: Has any multiple times, won the World's Sexiest Man.
Speaker 2: Just not interested.
Speaker 6: I just I do not say it.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's from.
Speaker 3: The O C with those huge eyebrowsive, well it's not eyebrows brow.
Speaker 1: There was a slug across his face. Right, it's hot, Brad Pitt.
Speaker 6: No, No, definitely not does nothing for me.
Speaker 1: I look at him and I think you're kidding me.
Speaker 4: Just are you deadly serious?
Speaker 1: Are you in front of Google right now, I can be just type in Brad Pitt Fight Club.
Speaker 3: Your nice the body, look at the body, it's not it's a slab, it's a twenty four pack.
Speaker 6: I'd rather a good looking head and a beautiful sort of.
Speaker 1: Who just goes through a good looking head.
Speaker 6: It's not personality.
Speaker 1: I have a good head hot. I don't like bodies.
Speaker 2: I just like head's not doing it for me.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is didn't spend going on this. All right, let's go to lines right now then, Anthony, good.
Speaker 5: Morning, Good morning, Christian, good morning time.
Speaker 3: Okay, so whatever your unpopular opinion is, Anthony tell us now.
Speaker 5: One year you're really gonna hate me for this. But Richie Sambora is a better singer than John bon Jovi. Yeah, I've said it.
Speaker 1: You're gonna need to justify that.
Speaker 3: You call me cold up this show and on one of the greatest parades ever, John bon Jovi, I know and I know you.
Speaker 5: You listened to Richie Sambora's last album.
Speaker 1: No, it didn't with probably the rest of the world.
Speaker 5: After Math of The Lowdown. Listen to the songs on that.
Speaker 1: Can you just remind me of that ludicrous title? What's it called?
Speaker 5: It's called after Math of the Lowdown.
Speaker 1: And it's the final Chap album songs.
Speaker 5: No, no, it's his own album and you listen to John's voice. Now he's a much better singer.
Speaker 4: Now, Wow, does he ever sing on John bon Jovi songs?
Speaker 1: Richie?
Speaker 5: Yes, he did a lot of Batan vocals and you can hear it in every song that he played in.
Speaker 3: But they were in a band together. I mean, who can separate the vocals in bon Jovi? Is this mainly John bon Jovian? Sam Raura was a very good guitarist.
Speaker 5: No, No, he's a very good singer, very good blues singer and sung with a lot of famous paper too. Well, there's a look at have a look at the YouTube video with Baby King, absolutely amazing, and the album's called after Marth of a Belowdown. It was released I think twenty twelve straight to home.
Speaker 3: Video, Anthony, do you know what I dig out? The song you mentioned with bb King and I'll give it.
Speaker 1: A Listenerkay, yep, No worries, thank you. Let's go to Mark. Good morning, Mark, Good.
Speaker 5: Morning to him. AFL sucks.
Speaker 1: Hang on.
Speaker 3: I was Onether one.
Speaker 5: Paint Dry than AFL ground Final.
Speaker 4: That's the game.
Speaker 3: No, Dow my friend, where everything's going very quick right now, Mark, So your words again, AFL sucks.
Speaker 5: I would rather watch paint dry than the AFL Grand Final. NRL is a much much better game.
Speaker 4: Let me guess, Mark, you emigrated from the North. You've come down from Queensland on New South Wales.
Speaker 5: Fifteen twenty years ago. Yes, yeah, there we go.
Speaker 1: We disregard your take on this
Speaker 5: Brighter you're listening to the Christian o'crles show podcast