Speaker 1: Laura.
Speaker 2: Come on in.
Speaker 3: End of the week girls, Hello, we've made it all the way here.
Speaker 4: Beautiful was everyone's week? Then miss Laura had a great week.
Speaker 2: I had a good week. Mom was good. All right, Yeah, I had them as well, them as awkward ending to the week today, I bought my coffee this morning, and it's kind of rattled me. I bought my coffee. I was with my partner Stephen. I mean actually were getting juices. It wasn't even a coffee, it was like two eight dollar juices, and uh, and I got to Stephen old pay you guys know, let me pay, not let me pay, you know, like new relationship. We're like I'll still pay you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because a couple of years and you're like, you pay, But.
Speaker 2: Now we're kind of like, let me pay for you. It's kind of an act of love. So we're both kind of, you know, fighting over our phones. And then out of nowhere, no, I'll pay. This man behind us pulls at his Apple pay and pays for our two juices.
Speaker 5: Oh that's really sweet. Rattle you.
Speaker 2: I just went thank you. It just was so awkward.
Speaker 5: Why is that awkward? It's not hitting on you, Mitch.
Speaker 2: No, I could have hit me. Actually, he actually said it was beautiful to see a young couple. He did say that, but then I went on, I just didn't know what to do. I went, oh, thank you mate, he went, no worries, I went, Mitch, I did not know what to do with myself.
Speaker 4: What you do is pay it forward.
Speaker 6: This is a thing like when someone does something nice for you, buys you a coffee or whatever it is, you pay it forward and you should.
Speaker 5: Have to buy the next nup.
Speaker 3: And the reason why Mitch is confused is because you might remember the time where Mitch accidentally paid for someone's meal and then asked for a refund.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the meal was like one sandwich.
Speaker 6: I am telling you, I'm actually disappointed at your attitude towards this because I'm a big paid forward person and the fact that you also asked for a refund that paid for someone.
Speaker 2: Know what happened was, I thought to myself, because Stephen was like, you need to now pay for the lady behind it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's exactly what you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's a change ellen thing. So I turn around and she had a grocery full of You.
Speaker 3: Didn't have to pay for hers. But the next person that comes through with slightly less things than there.
Speaker 2: I'm not standing there until there's a sixteen dollars.
Speaker 6: No. No, it's not pay it forward like a chain event where it has to be the person behind you. It's just like the next time that you feel like there's an opportunity. Okay, stop, this is what we're going to do. We're gonna go to a break now. You are going to go downstairs as a cafe downstairs, and you are going to pay it forward now live on air.
Speaker 4: I want you to go.
Speaker 5: Down don't have the downstairs and getting a coffee. Mitch will pay for you downstairs.
Speaker 6: And actually, you know what, I'm doubling down. You're gonna buy them a coffee and a croissant, Yes you are.
Speaker 5: Can you buy me one as well?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 6: Wait, wait, you have to tell them you're paying forward. We're doing it live on air because you've got to learn to pay forward.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's go to some songs that start to pick up next week. I'm paying it forward all right on the pick up welcome.
Speaker 6: We have sent Mitch on a little mission, a pay it forward mission. Mitch has never heard of the idea of pay it forward, and somebody.
Speaker 3: I think he has. I think he's just a bit of a tighter. Sorry, Mitch, probably so.
Speaker 2: Weird on the line. Can hear everything you say? Can I just point out this? Well, we've done.
Speaker 6: What we've done live on air is send Mitch downstairs to a cafe and we're going to make him buy someone a coffee and a croissant and say that he's just being kind and painted forward.
Speaker 5: So Mitch, where are you?
Speaker 4: What do you see?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 7: Girls, I'm just actually at the reception.
Speaker 2: I'm not at the cafe yet. I'm just I'm walking up to it.
Speaker 3: So I'll be there in a second. The reason why we're doing this is because Mitch was just saying that somebody very kindly generously with all their heart today, shouted Mitch too, juices at the cafe and stop there's an old woman.
Speaker 5: Continue to talk about how weird that was.
Speaker 7: I'm in the cafe.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 7: Came behind the held man? He's ordering a skin marte. I'm behind him. I'm really close.
Speaker 4: You can throw in a tree, get his coffee and throw in a tree.
Speaker 7: Okay, and god, he's just getting to coffee soon.
Speaker 3: Sorry, get him a craison as well.
Speaker 5: Bring that's okay.
Speaker 4: You don't have to surprise him.
Speaker 5: Just tell him, tap him on, tap him on the shoulder and tell him this one's on you, sir.
Speaker 7: I'd like to pay for this for you. I'd just like to pay it forward.
Speaker 2: I believe in good karma and i'd like to pay for your coffee for you.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm more than the coffee.
Speaker 7: Or what did you have? About? Three? Cool meal? And can I do.
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 5: Or Midge get the toasty image.
Speaker 2: We're on the pickup.
Speaker 7: We were in a radio station upstairs. I just paid for your coffee. Have a good day.
Speaker 2: Thank you's my co host.
Speaker 7: You've made my day.
Speaker 5: What's your name?
Speaker 8: I've done?
Speaker 2: What's your name? What's your name?
Speaker 7: Michael?
Speaker 2: Michael pick up with Brittany and Laura Michael.
Speaker 5: Has anyone ever paid it forward for you before?
Speaker 1: No? No, But it's a it's a pleasant delight that that's occurred, and I'd encourage others to do it.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 6: That's amazing. That's exactly what we wanted from this situation.
Speaker 2: Michael.
Speaker 7: Can I ask what did you actually order? I just it could have been one hundred bucks day, it's probably about three hundred bucks, but it's all right, it's all right for you. And yeah, it's just a hem and so he's tasting. It's all right, you won't be beg crept over it.
Speaker 2: Good. Good, we'll have a great day, Michael. I think now you have to do it to someone else.
Speaker 7: That's how this works. Yeah, the idea. Oh, I'll have a good day.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Mitch.
Speaker 6: If you wouldn't mind bringing us up some coffees on your way up too, that'd be great.
Speaker 2: I'm bankrupt.
Speaker 7: Screw you, guys.
Speaker 5: That's the sweetest thing ever. Oh it was beautiful.
Speaker 2: Get back up and I'm coming back here.
Speaker 7: Does anyone want anything?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Coffee, coffee for everyone, and also and also as well.
Speaker 5: All right, well, look coming up.
Speaker 3: The other day, I was telling a story about my husband, Maddie Jay and look what he left in the toilet on a construction site. And you would think that that was where the story ends. But no, we're having a big fight about this at the moment because he really did put me in the shit.
Speaker 5: After all.
Speaker 4: We've got a big update after the break. It's the pick up.
Speaker 2: I'm staying at the cafe. Take your mind back Britain, Laura to last week when Laura you told us a story. You went to visit a friend's house that was under construction. They very kindly let you look through the home. Your husband, Mattie Jay who in love, did a poo in the toilet. You realize that the palming was disconnected, so it was a dry turd in a non functioning toilet.
Speaker 4: But I'm wondering why we're talking about it again.
Speaker 3: Well, you would have thought that we talked about it enough, but apparently not. So that night I made Matt so call our friends. I also then our friends were like, okay, well he needs to email the builder because they were horrified that maybe the builder would think that they'd done the poo in the toilet. And so I was sitting across from him, Matt was writing an email to the builder to apologize for doing a stinking turd and not being able to flush it. Now the very next day, after telling it on radio and all of us having a little laugh and being like, ha haha, my silly husband, Matt, and he had this to tell me.
Speaker 7: Okay, so.
Speaker 6: You know how you would be to manage them.
Speaker 3: To let them know that the toilet don't you can dare tell me that you did a story saying I did the ship.
Speaker 5: I did not do that.
Speaker 2: I said that.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry. My wife unfortunately used the bathroom.
Speaker 5: You did not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 7: But the good news that they say it's fine, it's not a problem.
Speaker 2: They can turn the water back.
Speaker 8: On and no plush it.
Speaker 5: You're so mean.
Speaker 4: That's pretty funny.
Speaker 5: I am so off it. I am so unbelievably offer.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, give it a break. That's funny. You are known for your shocking bo to talk about them.
Speaker 3: I know I am, and I know I do, but I will not be accused of being the one to have done that.
Speaker 5: Absolute horror.
Speaker 2: Well, I wanted you to confront him live on air, so joining his name, Australian sweetheart ex bachelor Maddie Jay joins us. Welcome to the show, Matt Good, prank, Maddie Good, Frank.
Speaker 7: I hate you, Thank you, Thank you, guys, some of my best work.
Speaker 5: I must say, well played, power, well played.
Speaker 6: Just to clarify, was it actually a prank and you didn't blame it on Laura or did you blame it on Laura and then realize you're in trouble?
Speaker 4: So I said it was a prank?
Speaker 7: Oh no, no, no, no, no, I said it was Laura, and I'm copying any repercussions on the chin if it is worth it. I'm definitely not going to go back now on my claims. Throw Keith the bilder.
Speaker 3: What did the builders say, I'm so embarrassed Laura?
Speaker 5: What was the response, Matt, do you like it's Laura from The Pickup?
Speaker 7: Well, everyone knows that you have to supervise children, especially when you're giving them punishment, and I'm no different. And whilst I was running an email, Laura got distracted. She looked elsewhere. So then I thought to myself, stuff it. I'm not going to accept fault here, and I said, dear Keith, it's Matt Johnson here. You may know me from The Bachelor. Recently my wife Laura, who you may know from a radio show called The Pickup, were at the renovations. Must say, the house is looking fantastic, impressive work. There just happens to be a small chance that Laura and myself had a lovely lunch of Mexican burritos extra spicy followed by a coffee. There's a very small chance. My wife then went to the downstairs toilet to relieve herself of an enormous poo. Unfortunately, after the pool was taken, we realized that the plumbing was turned off. Look, Keith, I'd like to apologize on behalf of my wife. She does not normally like this. Keep up the great work much love, Maddie Jay.
Speaker 4: Do you know how to construct an email? I'll give you that.
Speaker 5: What did he write back?
Speaker 7: Did you hear anything he said? Really appreciate the update. I'll let the guys know. We would have gotten away with this. We didn't have to tell anyone. No one would have known. Some poor apprentice would have gotten fired. It wouldn't have been on us, and it was fine. You're the one, your honesty has gotten you into trouble said, this is on you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, part of me is like dirty about it, but the other part of me thinks like well done because they would have done the same.
Speaker 2: Definitely, our dirty were invited on the block. Thanks Maddie is Mattie j.
Speaker 5: Everyone what what a good one Australia's sweetheart.
Speaker 3: I believe that once upon a time he was chosen to be the bacher. I cannot like he was the most eligible man in this country and Channel ten was like that.
Speaker 2: Guy, bring back the good old days. I know, brittin Laura, let's give out some cast.
Speaker 5: Yes, I was just about to say that five hundred.
Speaker 2: Bucks you go rush into Chemists ware House and save on all your favorite beauty, haircare, and skincare products you can shop in store or online. Today, what's on the offer? Five hundred dollars to head into the weekend spend at Chemists ware House. We just need you a little win of the week.
Speaker 4: Mitchie gave someone a little win today.
Speaker 6: You did like a bit of a pay it forward and bought that man's coffee.
Speaker 3: Was it a little win for Mitch though, since we made him do it? Or was it the little win for the man whose coffee got brought?
Speaker 4: Well, it should be a little win for Mitch because he should feel good.
Speaker 2: I do feel good. I do feel bad though, because if you listen back, we did it earlier in the show. I'm like, let me buy this old man's coffee, and then after off the air, I'm how old he is? Like fifty four?
Speaker 5: No, it wasn't was it really fifty four?
Speaker 2: He's okay, thirty six five? Hello, what was your little win of the week?
Speaker 1: Well, this week I decided to join up for pickleball. I'm sixty years.
Speaker 4: Yes, I love pickleball.
Speaker 1: Pickball is amazing. I've driven past the courts washed people playing. I thought, why not me? I thought feel the four it.
Speaker 6: Anyway, I've recently gotten into paddle, which is like in the same realm as pickle What.
Speaker 5: Is pick pickball needs to help?
Speaker 6: Pioball is like little tiny net like beginner's tennis. It's it's like a bad minton kind of thing.
Speaker 4: It's amazing. And paddle tennis is like a cross between squash and tennis. It's a whole thing.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: Wow, someone's been watching the Olympics, Clara, and you feel good?
Speaker 6: Do you?
Speaker 1: I absolutely love it. I've found a new hobby at sixty.
Speaker 2: Who that's a little I know that. Are you single?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm not that. I've just moved like to a completely new area and I had no friends.
Speaker 2: Oh, you'll find it.
Speaker 1: I've got to do something.
Speaker 2: Beautiful, all right, Lara? What about you? James? What's your little win of the week?
Speaker 8: Hello, hey guys. Yeah, So my wife has a really stressful meeting twice a year, and so she takes the day off to go to SPA and so I called him sick and I spent a day with him in the start.
Speaker 4: Sounds a bit sexy.
Speaker 5: Does she feel distressed now from your lovely spa day?
Speaker 4: Oh, Laura, Yeah, yeah, but that's kind of a win for the umpy you're called in sick.
Speaker 2: I hate to get the measuring stick out. That's like a medium sized win. He spent a day to spa.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he called him six and he got away with it. That's a little win.
Speaker 4: Well not now he just put on national radio.
Speaker 2: You're fine. You'll be having a big meeting now once a year. Alright.
Speaker 5: I feel like we're all in consensus.
Speaker 2: Let's all say the same going to get this. Who we think is getting the five hundred dollars at chemist ware House three to one?
Speaker 5: Pickle? It's pick purely.
Speaker 4: I'm biased, Yeah, because I like pickle.
Speaker 5: We're giving it to you also like guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. I really appreciate that.
Speaker 2: All right, Oh, we're happy if we go to chemist ware House, get yourself some shol heel because you'll be pickled out.
Speaker 5: Do you play pickleball outside or do you play it indoor?
Speaker 3: We've given this, but you can go and get some sunscreen now, it's very all right, moisturizing cream.
Speaker 5: Get ready.
Speaker 4: Oh, good luck with you pickle.
Speaker 5: I hope you win it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, thank you so much. Thanks Lara. Do you have a coach?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 1: I actually went in a tournament like after I've only had four four weeks and the seventy nine year old man came.
Speaker 6: In with me.
Speaker 2: I know, you know what, I've got an idea producer, Grace play the pickup pickleball tournament. Brittany Hockley's the coach.
Speaker 5: I'll be in the crowd like I'll be like holding.
Speaker 2: Some sort of you're the pickle mascot in a pickle suit.
Speaker 5: Love it love You don't have to pay me, Just pay your pickles.
Speaker 2: Graces left.
Speaker 5: She's not really that anyway. Enjoy that five hundred dollars to spend it came as well.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you so much.
Speaker 7: Made my day a good weekend.
Speaker 2: That's us done for the week. If you missed any of the show, God be had Amy Shark on the show this week.
Speaker 5: It's been a huge show.
Speaker 2: Toilet.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't. My husband did, but that's okay. Yeah, and I was here