Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're talking about have you ever gone solo to someone famous? The Patsy had quite encounter with Michael Mackinson, the comedians on World Toys here in Melbourne tonight, Rod Leave Arena and was there last sight as well, Patsy, I reckon that you've done this before, though, I wouldn't be surprised if you've gone up to other famous people.
Speaker 3: No, really, no, yeah, no, I'm trying to think. I'm trying to cast my mind back. Oh you know what, No, I did. The only other time I did was John Wood from Blue Heelers, and he was not pleasant. He was very grumpy and it was a big invasion of privacy.
Speaker 2: And broken into again, is that you at more Way?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 3: No, he wasn't impressed and I.
Speaker 2: Got allowed head out of Where where were you?
Speaker 3: We're actually no, we're actually at an event at the Arts Center when I was a much younger journalist and we were you know, it was just like when you have a champagne before you go into a show. I can't even remember what the show was, and I love Blue Heelers at school, so.
Speaker 2: I've watched like a life.
Speaker 3: Musical some live theater. I forget what it was, Hello Dolly or something like that.
Speaker 2: So I was in the Champagne before seeing the new production of Hello Dolly. You know what, Hallo Dolly is.
Speaker 3: Classic classic music.
Speaker 2: And he gets your gun and I went up to.
Speaker 3: Him and do admire your work? Yeah right? He and I got a very strong hit. It's like, okay, I thought, Okay, he doesn't. He doesn't want to, you know, have people in his face. Fair enough, he's out trying to have a good time, relax, and he doesn't need snooty nosed little journeys in his face.
Speaker 2: Don't put yourself down the stew. You've done nothing wrong. There's nothing going up and saying to someone that you enjoy their work.
Speaker 3: I know, but I am very conscious. So it like it is it is. I know they're in a public space, but it is an invasion of privacy, which is why you always think second because you don't want to be seen as dad.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's invasion privacy if you're taking photos or brokes taking them out, Yes it's an invasion of privacy, all right, So saying he loads of famous people on nine four one four one oh four three? Damon, come on, how are you going there? I'm good mate?
Speaker 4: So who have you seen?
Speaker 2: Who did you say hello to?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: I saw Andy Lee in the car on the road couldn't find the full path and walked past and saw him in the car. And then I had his Andy by Hamish T shirt on when they were doing the perfume. Oh cool, And so he took a photo of me and the T shirt to show Hamish and I took a selfieer hum in the car.
Speaker 3: So it's an invasion of your privacy?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah? And did he wind the window down or keep the window up? Doors locked?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, he had the window down. He was stuck in traffic. It wasn't moving.
Speaker 2: Wow, damon, thank you very much. That's your story, mate, Have a good day.
Speaker 4: Cowarding.
Speaker 2: Good on him?
Speaker 4: Hi, how are you going?
Speaker 1: I'm good?
Speaker 2: So who do you go and say hello to? Someone famous?
Speaker 4: It was Peter Garrett? So yeah, so I was. I'd been at a conference and I was in the hotel lobby and in walks Peter Garrett. I thought I've got to go and say hello, But I thought I can't be a fan girl here, so I just walked over and I short of just went hey, Peter. He was in Parliament at the time. Clearly I was dressed for a conference, and he thought he must have known me from somewhere.
Speaker 2: It's because this is a very good approach. I'm a big fan. I'm so sorry, mister Garrett, just going hey, Pete, how are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's exactly I got a kiss on the cheek and a hagin, how are you going to do it? He had no idea what I was and and I just said great. I said, oh, really good. He said what you been up to? Like I said, he knew me. I said, I've just been at a conference and he said, oh, oh great. I said, oh, how you going? I saw that thing last week in Parliament. He goes, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, it's very bit busy. And he said, oh what are you here for? I said, aged morticultural conference. He goes, oh great, okay, all right. I said, look, I'll let you go, and he says yeah. And I could see the cogs turning, like, I have no idea who this is, but I'm being.
Speaker 3: Nice smarter for you though, because it's better to not be.
Speaker 2: If he did know you from back in his past.
Speaker 3: It's just better to not have that awkward moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, while he's got that pin whil inter going somebody's friend or do I know this person is that marine is not marine cod And that's a nice approach. I like that one. Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: You kill me, Cayl Broner. No, you're listening to the question, you know. Kyle's Show podcast