Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian no Common Show podcast.
Speaker 2: There is a breaking scene in the studio. A debates England versus Australia. Hokey pokey or hokey cokey In England it's hokey cokey. It always has been. And now I'm hearing you've ripped it off and you've added hokey pokey.
Speaker 3: To me, it's always been like, it's.
Speaker 2: Always hokey cokey. Put your left leg in, left leg out.
Speaker 3: I just did it this weekend at Gordy's swimming lessons. Hokey pokey, put your kicking legs in, put your kicking legs out?
Speaker 2: Rio which came first? Chicken egg? Hokey cokey, pokey wok? Hang on microphoneke hokey cokey did come first?
Speaker 3: Heard him?
Speaker 2: Sorry, but a lot of the things you have here it is ripped off from us.
Speaker 3: Hokey pokey sounds better though.
Speaker 2: We'll talking about the origins here. Pay it back please? So is it well? How old is that hokey cokey? Oh? Sorry? Is that involved with another inch? Scrolling down? You lazy ass? Producer?
Speaker 3: Eighteen thirty two, eighteen ninety.
Speaker 2: Eighteen ninety two, And when did poke come in?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. I haven't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's he going to commitment, you get.
Speaker 3: So you would say if you did that, then you were seeing hockey cokey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that sounds weird.
Speaker 2: Do you remember? But there yet? Well, to be honest, it came first, so we've been doing it for real. How many years has it been going on? Hockey cokeine?
Speaker 3: I guess AE hundred and thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it doesn't sound weird to us.
Speaker 3: Shakespeare says, like the oldie schooley, You don't.
Speaker 2: You don't say that, Shakespeare scoldy. If that's your smoking gun, all right, you've got me.
Speaker 3: And then we don't speak like that anymore.
Speaker 2: The unknown Shakespeare place Scola al right. So anyway, that was the breaking situation we had there all right this morning on the show. Then I'm stunned with the sponsors we've gotten from asking about do you have a pet with exotic taste? Caitlin, a producer on the show, spoils, seriously spoils this tiny little yappy dog she's got, Master Henry, right, do you mean her son perhaps get this before the show today? She's Challengjack and I, she says, being a parent, all she has is a small yuppie dog. You don't say to two actual parents of miniature humans who have all of your heart, all of your heart inside them, I'm a parent too. Oh I don't know yet, baby overnight, did you? I thought you just had a dog? Dog dog? Baby baby? Okay?
Speaker 3: He gets pair for like no one I've ever seen better.
Speaker 2: Than the human This, this dog eats better than most most of us on the show. What did Master Henry have, yesterda? Even what do you have?
Speaker 5: He had his lovely meal that I cook for him every two weeks, which is kind of like a risotto.
Speaker 2: Dogs will eat poop and chunya. Okay, just serve that up right. They'd be very happy with that. You actually is it for you guys? And then you give the leftovers to Marster?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, it's.
Speaker 1: I cook it specifically for him.
Speaker 3: What's going in there? So you've got all your good veggies to keep him nice and strong. So your broccoli. This is a dog of Broker's leg, jumping off a mattress.
Speaker 2: This is a dog that's made out of straw and blue tag. He's a hokey pokey dog. If you ask me, the oldie weekly dog.
Speaker 5: No, joke.
Speaker 6: I made him a cheese platter the other day. O.
Speaker 2: My, you did not not sho board. But it's also a special board as well, wasn't it It was?
Speaker 3: Yes, he actually only eats off plates human plates.
Speaker 2: All right, no this then we need to have what do you call it? What's an intervention? This is nuts enough now, human plates. That's just when they go in the dishwasher.
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 2: You keep saying, come around for dinner one night, I my own plates. Something. There's a little curly hair like. This isn't Henry. This is Master Henry's and your ska.
Speaker 3: You'll ruck up and say, oh no, it's a cheeseboard. No, sorry, that's the dog, not for you.
Speaker 2: Hughes, Patsy Dees, are your dog? Have any exotic?
Speaker 4: He likes watermelon. Prisley loves a slice of watermelon.
Speaker 2: He's very fancy. What we're sure of the pips be not gray.
Speaker 4: Spits a mount on the floor.
Speaker 2: But if with the dogs our pips, yeah, breaking it down, they're just back at their moler, you know, they get right in between the two teeth.
Speaker 7: He does it.
Speaker 4: The next door nobs have got a peach tree that hangs over our fence was.
Speaker 2: Your climate that side of that bloody sweet or like King Kong up there, just has.
Speaker 4: To reach up and he will pick one off with his mouth and then he will spit the pip down the side of the house. He's got like a pile.
Speaker 2: That's also I love that, Christian. Two out of my three cats will only eat human gray tuna. Wow, at first I thought he made tuna made from refuse to eat cat food. Fish and chip. Night also has scallops for them, bloody scalops for the cats, so one of them last spring Cat's wed love bringer is that poor perfect sizes. They're not pussy's where they are, But not that time, Leslie. My cat loves vegemitos, Christian Jody, this is some Jody. Cat loves good cheese. A nice camember or smoked cheddar are her favorites. No Craft singles through the princess.
Speaker 3: As we do this, we should find out what is the more posh animal out of the cat and the dogs. So far cats.
Speaker 2: Cats winning at the moment. Takeisha brackets photo provided. Kangaroo is filled with Greek yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, honey and cookies. Look at this, Oh my god, we have to. I'll show this with the patch in a minute. This is they are actually kangaroos is with some kind of moose, strawberries, blueberries. It's some sort of thing heston bluemint or a high end cuisine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks like something you get in a degas station.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Pets with exotic tastes. Good morning Tina. Our blue tongue lizard loves prawns. Yep. They'd also love cat food, and I was cheaper, Alicia. I call it the Coat of Arms dinner kangaroo and emu raw meal for my three year old cavalier King Charles Spaniel. I was about to say, just I work at carle So and the lady comes in two or three times a week and buys an ice cream bun, and she scrapes. She tells us that she scrapes the cream off of the cat throws the rest away. Christian. My wife buys our cat half a red rooster chicken every year for its birthday. I love that. Ah, that cat loves that. Must see my birthday. My mum used to feed her little fox terry spaghetti body knapes. Dad would come in from one go that'ns great. She go for the dog. All right, let's go take of course, now pets with exotic taste kaffee.
Speaker 5: Good morning, guys, how are you going?
Speaker 2: We're good kafe and welcome on board. So your pet.
Speaker 5: So I've got two for you, my first being my sister's stallion. He loved whiz fis, and.
Speaker 2: That's what stadion's. That's where the Stadians have a whiz fers.
Speaker 5: You get it once once a year for Christmas, and literally you would shake the packet and he would bolt across the paddock and go right, yeah, gim me, gim me, gim and you would have to pour it into your hands, and no sooner would your hand be in front of his muzzle that his tongue would be just in there, going for.
Speaker 2: It, rolling back in his head. My god. I spent the rest of the year really living this day.
Speaker 5: It was pretty much that question, because as soon as the hand was clean, he would tear around the paddic tail up, head up, and isn't he and then come back for more. It's sort of.
Speaker 2: That's the standing ways stay.
Speaker 5: So that was the sallion and the second ones. I had a cat that would refuse to drink water from a bowl like a common up. You had to turn on the bath cat, so like.
Speaker 2: A forcet of school, he would like stick his head under it and you just start to turn it on.
Speaker 5: Well pretty much, you'd get up first thing on the morning, go and do your morning pilgrimage, go into the bathroom to wash your hands, and here's the cat underneath the bath cap, going right, come on, you're up.
Speaker 2: Why weren't you just a bowl that.
Speaker 5: Just refused to We would have water in bowls all around the house and she would refuse to. It just had to come from.
Speaker 7: The bus cap.
Speaker 2: Cats are just something else. Yeah, Kathy, thank you very much for stories. Mut have a good day you see guys carry good morning.
Speaker 8: Hi, how are you going?
Speaker 2: Oh the way cat said the cat?
Speaker 8: The mine's dogs. I have three dogs or rescue dogs, and we make them up at cats roll every two days for them and give them CBD oil helps calm them down. And one as to have arth writers so good for that. But as a treat she one of them, Avery, my latest rescue dog, loved tuna and watermelon.
Speaker 2: Wh that is quite amazing. So did the prescribe to CBD oil for that because I listen that they're rescue dogs are probably good, So you know, I quite a lot of trauma. Is that is that being prescribed? Do you just administrate yourself?
Speaker 8: I just pivot to them myself. We got it for we have a three legged recue dog and it's good for his arthritis, but it's also good for calming. And because she is a rescue, she has got a bit of trauma. And I think this latest one was a breeding dog and very young, and it had pups, so she's suffering a little bit with withdrawal from the pups. I think we haven't had her very long.
Speaker 2: Oh so good. Have you ever taken in rescue dogs? Incredible thing to do?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I love it. I'm a bit of a sucker. My last pick. The seven dogs have all been rescue dogs.
Speaker 2: Sucking a bit of a We were not a little bit alarm there. We thought you were a bit of a but anyway, face there's a sorgeous dog up the dosage on the CD.
Speaker 8: The wolf found and she takes a lot of seaver do. I'll come here quite a lot.
Speaker 2: I needed to be kicking in the doors and wait, there's no pets madam missus, you all this stuff the wolf found? Where is he? Is? Your work? Kerry? Thank you very much? You cool, you old sucker. I have a bit of a It sounds like every time the muffled. Uh few there, we've verified that, Renee, good.
Speaker 7: Morning, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 2: Pets with exotic taste, Reneeka.
Speaker 1: Yes, I have.
Speaker 7: I have a Westy Moldese who refuses to eat her meals unless by our fresh sleeper twice a day in the air fryer.
Speaker 2: Come on right, air fry is a very recent thing, isn't it. What was this? Was it? What was he doing before the airfry came along?
Speaker 7: Well, she was my mum's dog, so she got very simple, you know, canned food. But as she's gotten older, she's gotten extremely bougie and now every day, yeah, she gets freshly grated carrot. She won't have pregraded snow peas chopped ut.
Speaker 2: So it's the cat like on the workbench sort of that that that that that, show me the package, show me the preparation.
Speaker 7: Oh no, she knows. I don't know, because I thought, okay, maybe if I do it like three days in advance. No, she gets one and walks away.
Speaker 2: They yeah, Renee, thank you very much. You cool Sam? Good morning, Hi Christian, Jack and Pats.
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 2: We're talking to owner.
Speaker 6: Well, it's my sister that owns the ferret.
Speaker 2: Oh, jeanus, I'm getting jelly tonight. Where's where's Sam's ferret?
Speaker 6: We did look after them for about twelve months when they were overseas, so in a way.
Speaker 2: That ask I would like, forget it. I'm not looking after a stinky old fah.
Speaker 6: Do there, guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, this's reading from the ferret for twelve months.
Speaker 3: What is the faerry?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So my sister's ferret, Veggie, loves to eat mango coconut water and when she takes him on their walk, they stop at the local cafe and she will buy a latte.
Speaker 2: This now tastes a biscuit. This is now from Hokey Cokeie to Hokey Pokey. Okay, wait, you can't take a ferret for walk, can you?
Speaker 6: She can. She bought a little harness and a lash and she walks it.
Speaker 2: Where is this happening? North Melbourne, Brunswick, Fitzroy.
Speaker 6: She she used to live in Fairfield, so Alphington.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's budgets or hipster. But yeah, okay, and so she still walking the ferret.
Speaker 6: She does. She still takes it to the park and she puts it on a leash. I rang the other morning, the one that got swooped by the bird, same ferret.
Speaker 2: Ah right, yeah, probably it's fair morning larte or something, you know, quite jangly without it, you need to get some CBD oil from the other lady. All right, Sam, thank you very much. Your story incurding again. Take care.
Speaker 6: I'm a good run by well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's Show podcast