Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I've got a thing for antics, It's one of my hobbies.
Speaker 3: I've had my coffee.
Speaker 4: Cool, what about the screech Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one O four point three, Good morning, it's Monday morning, Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Jack morning, guys, come.
Speaker 4: On and Patsy, how was everybody's weekends?
Speaker 3: Huge win for the bumbas Saturday night.
Speaker 4: Or ONPM?
Speaker 3: How can you not say at one point victory? I was right there, almost on the boundary line. I feel like a game is always on the losing end. Of those close games. Collingwood alone to us every time we play them, it seems we lose by a point to be in the winning position. I couldn't actually believe the ground.
Speaker 4: It's actually changed. You coming today buzzing.
Speaker 3: You've got the best jack post all this week.
Speaker 4: Wow, I was in a sale year. Actually, I wouldn't just narrow it down to a week. And how was it with your neighbor? Because you were you took your neighbor and this was like a big mandate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess that was the only tricky part is my neighbor who invited me and he's MCC members. He brought me to the special members. He's Richmond supporter. So while I'm jumping up and down on my chair, throwing my scarf around my head.
Speaker 4: Do that in the EMCC bit jumping up on the chair Tom cruise.
Speaker 3: I had to well. I thought that I might level myself down to make him feel all right. But I didn't actually because I got caught up in the moment.
Speaker 4: Not surprised at that choice. Perhapsy, how was your weekend?
Speaker 2: Then I'm in the hunt for a new dryer, and I always I don't know. Something happens when I'm I'm shopping for white goods. I think I know what I want. So we go and I'll say to Chris, I know exactly what I want. Don't let me get bamboozled by all the sales.
Speaker 4: Tour all the way. Can I just ask something? Because I came back Friday after here and my wife goes, oh, it's great, can you come with me now? We need to get a new couch. Was selling our couch and I was like, oh, the man the lasting order of Friday three hours And when you go and try to buy a couch. You just sit on the couches. And then she wanted me to have so much opinion. I'm just like, I don't care. It's Friday. So how did you get to drag Chris to come and see get a new drive?
Speaker 2: He didn't kind of get a choice. He was happy to come along.
Speaker 4: You going for a walk, and then suddenly you're a freedom.
Speaker 2: Like a dog taking it to Why are we at Harvey Norman.
Speaker 3: Speaking with treat.
Speaker 4: We're going to the Marca's drive few afterwards.
Speaker 2: Actually, Jack, that's a good point. You need to feed them before you take them. There's no point taking them on a hungry belly because it'll be grumpy bum the whole time. So we'd taken Audrey to ballet and had breakfast out, which was very nice to say, two of us, so he had a full tum and I can do whatever, ask him to do whatever I want once he's been fed. So we went to Harvey Norman and I knew. We walked in the door and I turned to him and I said, look, do not let me get like bamboozled by the sales rep. I know exactly what I want. I want a heat pump dryer. This is my budget.
Speaker 4: There's a heat pumped dryer.
Speaker 2: Well, this is it's a whole new learning experience because our old dryer, which has carcked it after about twenty years. It was just one of the vented vented dryers and we used to have to put it in the garage because you know, if you put it in the laundry, it fogs up all the windows and you get linked everywhere.
Speaker 3: But aren't you meant to run that pipe out somewhere, are you?
Speaker 2: Oh, we didn't. We just shut it in the garage.
Speaker 3: I think that's in the house.
Speaker 2: No wonder it carcked it. But the lint was that bad. You'd get in the car and you'd have to put the windscreen wipers on if it had been on, because it was just lint everywhere. It was a mess. So anyway, they say to get a heat pump because.
Speaker 4: This is actually like so you're basically living in a snow gloat every time.
Speaker 3: You dog fair and fluff.
Speaker 2: But these new heat pump ones, you can put them in the laundry. You won't get foggy windows, no condensation, And apparently they're like the bee's knees of dryers and you can hardly get the old ones anymore, like they're phasing them out. But they're also like five five star rated for energy, so they don't chew up the electricity, whereas the old ones are like one or two. So anyway, we get there and I said, Hi, we're in the in the market for a heat pump dryer. This is what I want to spend. What have you got like? Narrow it down to three options because I tend to get really confused even though I've come and with a clear.
Speaker 4: View of what. Well you said you don't want to get a.
Speaker 2: Bamboosles that's right, no Bamboosoos a very good sales rep. So what does you do? Takes me straight to the Mela section and which are very nice. In a perfect world, I would love all meale, but it's very sky.
Speaker 4: This is going to be yeah, let me tell the rest of the weekend off. Actually, husband's fat of food set couches, mate, right.
Speaker 3: They're covered in lengths thing I offer him that.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, I said to this lovely man, I said no, no, no, no, no, you didn't listen to me. No Meale. I would love in a perfect world mealae, but that's not our budget. What did I say? Our budget was hats off to you. Good try, but no not the meale. Show me something half the price. So then he took me over to something else and I said, yes, that looks good. I might have that. And he said, well, there's a slight problem. There's no stock for about three months, so I'm back to zero. So you got nothing nothing.
Speaker 4: There's nothing worse to do. One those trips you leave with nothing.
Speaker 2: Nothing, because I'm one. I want it so popular it's out of stock. And he said three months, maybe longer, we don't know. Just to get some dryer, just to get a dryer or a heat pump dryer, do they whenever you want?
Speaker 4: They got hundreds.
Speaker 3: There's something similar.
Speaker 2: I'm already confused, Jack, I've made my mind up. Don't make me mean.
Speaker 4: Sounds like you actually did get a bamboozle. Did you go on eBay anything? You must be able to get hold of it, whatever it is, your heat pump dryer.
Speaker 2: I don't like getting secondhand stuff because you don't know what you're inheriting with electric stuff, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Patsy The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Today is World Speed Awareness Day. Did we know that every year, England hosts the National Window Cleaning Championships. Professional window cleaners compete to be the fastest wipers in the country. The un distributed go is Terry sutz Burrows, who clean three standard office windows. It's exactly a marathon, is it? Just three windows in nine point fourteen seconds? All right? So we're looking for your faster movies. Make a movie faster, Lords of the Piston Rings, Silver Racing Miss Daisy Silver you Me and Grand Prix Gold Free Wheelie it's weally fust. Oh yeah, you've got to have a lot of momentum to get through. Yeah, Gold and Dragstrip on Elm Street Silver. Yeah right, Jackie Boar, what have you got faster movies?
Speaker 3: Well, Spider Man was a great shipper hero, but he wasn't really that fast spider Man. Yeah, Speedy Man's very fast?
Speaker 4: Is it stinky?
Speaker 3: Bronze rain Men wasn't that fast. You're smart, but he wasn't that fast. Train Man, Yes, that's good.
Speaker 5: Gold sat Elm was rapid fire Yeah, and Dash Boot dasho.
Speaker 4: No, No, that's good, that's Gold plus.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: I'm asking to make a movie faster, all right, Jack are you ready Tomark, let's hear him. No Country for slow Men gold, Room Room with a View gold, Him in Gelong, Good morning Edward, stopwatch hands silver, men in Stare at Go Karts gold. That's very good. Shinzi, are well done you Me and Moto GP gold, Cocaine Dundee gold instead of terminate to Turbonator silver, Silence of the Lamborghinis Gold, Hurry Potter and the Chamber of Speedsters. That's very good. You didn't put your name on that, but World nine four two, Planet of the v Eights Gold, Rally Driving Miss Daisy silver, Zoomlander gold. These are very good. Three a Me Go Go Go Bronze, Tough about Chris, Jurassic Athletics Park silver, The Devil Wears Rollerblades silver, Shitty Chitty fang It fang It.
Speaker 3: Gold.
Speaker 4: That's very funny. Ralph Matchio isn't the Karate kid, No, He's the Bugatti Kid.
Speaker 3: Gold.
Speaker 4: And there's also very good Chris all Right, who wins their tickets to go to Red Hot Somit's all live in January.
Speaker 3: Have amazing ones there. Let's give it to Tim for room Room with a View.
Speaker 1: And Tim and Janong Christian Connells Show podcast.
Speaker 4: If you're already at work while the rest of of the city is asleep, we say liberate you every Monday morning. We call it knock on Monday. So if you all work, maybe just arriving and give us a call nine four one four one oh four three fro Embracing the grinds we have from merchandise view Jack is once more chance of the merchant list. What have you got from them today?
Speaker 3: That's right, and you will take your pick between a Christiano conmn Show pen, a Christiana condonn Show fridge magnet, a Christian Connal Show mug or a gold one oh four point three branded water bottle, lip bum or brand new item of merchandise. What do you got the gold one oh four point three clip on hand sanitizer?
Speaker 4: So what does that mean?
Speaker 3: Remember during COVID how everybody had a different form of hand sanitizers, almost like a carabiner on it. You go mountain climbing with we've got fifteen hundred of.
Speaker 4: Them if you want to fifteen did you say fifteen hundred? Why did they need somebody?
Speaker 3: Why did we need so many?
Speaker 1: Fifteen hundred?
Speaker 3: That's so I guess I thought just COVID might last pro yes, but this is the first.
Speaker 4: We've heard of it. Who's found these? Or soe the was doing a clear up the week Breakfast show can have this on Monday.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast all.
Speaker 4: Right knock on Monday. I must have said to Jim a Gandah that I met Saturday. Well, so I was on my hands and knees measuring boxes in a shop. I need to get some boxes of a certain size. No, no, no, for the garage because we're in this kitchen renaots. We've got to move everything into the garage. So I needed boxes of a certain size. You go wandering around with the tape measure. You feel like you're somebody had a tape measure at a certain I thought, oh, I take the tape measure locked at the height. I need these boxes to be you feel officious just wandering around. People trust you with the tape measures. Well, like that guy is an adult.
Speaker 3: So you walked into the store with the tape measure locker. Yes, yeah, why didn't us right down the number you need it?
Speaker 4: I didn't trust myself. I was actually going to take a piece of haper with the actual size. Anyway, I'm on my hands and knees measuring these boxes and this guy, one of our listeners, goes, hey, you Christian, and I'm like, yes, yes, yes, I'm looking for thirty three centimeter high boxes with a depth of no more than forty five centimes. If you want to help. Jim now, Jim Tommy, he's a gardener and he starts at six am. I don't want to query this at the time because I have my own boxes, not Jim. I don't see any gardening being done right now. It's at am and it's pitch black. What can you see? Wait till the sun's Yeah, I'm not sure about that, all right, So we do a knock on where if you'll work right now like garden Jim nine four one four one oh four three. We celebrate you, Jim.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Hey Christian, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good, Jim, And what do you do? Why are you up so early?
Speaker 7: I mean I'm in air conditioning and actually do heating as well. And I seek to Patty's hater about two years ago because I called in when you guys, did the missus miss Busters one?
Speaker 2: Yes, and it's running beautifully. I might say it's due for a service.
Speaker 4: Though, did Jim pop round again?
Speaker 6: A problem?
Speaker 2: Touch wood? It's twenty five years old. I'm waiting for it to go to the clappers like the dryer did.
Speaker 3: But I'm hoping.
Speaker 7: It'll soon go to God.
Speaker 6: I guarantee that.
Speaker 4: I love that A technical phrase, going to God, the rainbow connection.
Speaker 3: The ceremony.
Speaker 4: It feels like Patsy puts a lot in landfill, doesn't it? Barely? Wheat goes by and some white good has been shoved in a hole in the ground. What she calls it? Going to God? Jim? What can we get you, my friend? What much would you like?
Speaker 7: I'll take a lip gloss for the missus.
Speaker 4: Ladies, lovely, I tell you what would also chuck in one of those fifteen hundred we've got of the What are they say? Everybody, whether they like it or not, Jim, have a good week, thank you. Let's get a ross here. Good morning Ross, Good morning Christian, Good morning pets, Good morning Jack running, Happy Monday. Ross. And what do you do, mate?
Speaker 8: I work at the land fill.
Speaker 4: Look whereby? Very soon fridge freezers?
Speaker 6: Sorry here we get fridges, freezers, we get tires, we get everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and already at work.
Speaker 8: I work down on the tips face, so pushing stuff around with the bulldozer. At the moment I'm calling you from the compactor, rolling on the rubbish and squashing it.
Speaker 4: Really love this Live from the Compactor. It's a new podcast I'm starting. And what can we give you, Ross?
Speaker 6: I would love a coffee moke place, of.
Speaker 4: Course you can. Ross will send you that. Have a good day. Thanks going the show. Ross.
Speaker 8: You two guys have a good one.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Darren, Good morning, hell away Christians. Come on and Darren, what do you do knock on Monday? Where do you work?
Speaker 6: I work in libraries all over Australia and New Zealand.
Speaker 4: Oh good for you, very important places libraries. And what do you do? Then?
Speaker 6: We the company I work for installs RFID technology in the libraries. So self checkout machines, security, things like that.
Speaker 4: Who is stealing the books? What do you mean security gates?
Speaker 6: You'd be surprised who steals them.
Speaker 3: But they're free.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just have to bring it back to out a lot of formal swipe it and you can read it as long as it takes Yep.
Speaker 6: There are are quite a few people who still like to think that everything is their Wow.
Speaker 4: We I mean last week we did what got stolen winning on the things. I don't know people were stealing books from the library. That's so sad about that.
Speaker 3: And the self checkout. So now you can do like you would in woolies or calls. You can scan your own books, can.
Speaker 6: You Yep, that's right. So all you do is scan your library card and so you can even scan it from your phone if you want to.
Speaker 4: Those old people that use libraries, they're not doing that. There's no way excuse can you say, well, it's the same. Don't ever want if her deal with the human or I'm just going to steal it? Darren? What can we give you? What can we get you done?
Speaker 6: I'll go for the prop with coffee man as well.
Speaker 1: Things right, you're listening to the you know, Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 6: Hello Ronda, Hi, I know are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good Rnda? And what are you up to? What is work for you? Ronda?
Speaker 8: I'm on my way to work now cock on in about ten minutes and I'm a tram driver.
Speaker 4: Tram driver now that strikes me. It's quite a stressful job in this city because you get idiots are sort of pull in front of it and you have to ram them along. So is it a stressful job I would do if I was thet there's some idiot and Audi just putting it.
Speaker 8: It's a great job.
Speaker 4: I love it, a brilliant And what tram are you driving today? What number?
Speaker 9: I'm actually not sure until I get my table when I cook on So it could be any of the rest that we do at.
Speaker 4: Edge of both seems like a lucky dip, Roonda, What can we give you a surprise?
Speaker 8: What are my choices?
Speaker 3: You got the show pen, the show fridge magnet, the show coffee mug or a water bottle, lip barm or hand sanitizer.
Speaker 8: I'll take the coffee mag please, it's.
Speaker 4: Yours, Ronda. Do you ever do that? Do you ever do the number sixteen tram down at Sint Kilda Beach? I've got on that one, But the sixteen I do drive to sixteen, Okay, I might be on it late on today. I might ride with you today, Ronda.
Speaker 6: That's great, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Rhonda, have a lovely day. Thanks you on the show.
Speaker 9: Thank you very much.
Speaker 10: Jon.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Anya here, Good morning, Anya.
Speaker 11: Hi?
Speaker 4: Hell are we Oh yeah, yeah, we're good happy Monday, Anya, And where are you at? What what do you do? Anya?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 12: I got the Little Children's Hospital Surgery.
Speaker 4: Amazing place there, and big week last week with the treating all those poor children injured in the bus crash. So it's an incredible place to work you do there, So thank you very very much.
Speaker 12: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 11: It's a privilege to work for you actually, and.
Speaker 8: Just to be cheering a to all my colleagues who came together and did such a fair person job last week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I bet you always do. But yeah, big week for you last week. Now, Anya, what can we get you? It's a small thanksfully amazing work.
Speaker 11: You do there, A love of water bottle because we like to keep hydrated us nursery.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, yes, it feels like such a small thing to give someone with such an amazing job, worked so hard a token water bottle from us. We'll give you everything you've got. We'll give you everything we've got in the cupboard. You can have the whole cupboard, don't you.
Speaker 11: Oh okay, I'm sure not sure if we'll be happy that I'm getting more supplies?
Speaker 8: Well, oh my good use it anyway, Okay.
Speaker 3: No, I like the idea of all the nurses walking around with gold one four point three water bottles.
Speaker 4: Pretty branded and that great. All right, we'll send We'll send you a load and you thank you very much what you do and your colleagues as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: What happened to you this weekend? Tell us all about it in six words? Your six word weekend? You text it into me on four seven five three one oh four three. Mine is a silver wedding anniversary saved. I was sharing last week how because I've been overseas me to Ireland. My wife and I just hadn't arranged anything for silver wedding anniversary, which is a looking thing today because it's a really special day for us tomorrow twenty five years today together. And so I now have something which I'll be surprising my wife with tomorrow. But we are flying away on Friday bus. All she knows at the moment might call her life on. I do like a winter's day, you.
Speaker 3: Have one, and then what are you doing on the actual day tomorrow? Do you still go out for dinner tomorrow?
Speaker 4: That's to be arranged today A lot at the moment of front loading. You are flyaway today wills up up eleven air Friday day. So yees still to be decided.
Speaker 2: What is happening then, But it's such a great achievement twenty five years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel very proud, actually, Patsy. It's twenty five years of love and laughter, a NonStop lollaform. But yeah, we still managed yesterday to have a good old argument for twenty minutes. Felt like an argument we've been having in various shapes since I was for the last twenty five years, I said, And it's still going to be even when we get into our golden one of us in twenty five years, we're still having this kind of low level argument about me not seeing the detail and some stuff that needs to be arranged. Jack, you boy, what is your five word weekend? Six word weekend?
Speaker 3: I've got a hack for tired parents that I stumbled upon yesterday. My son's at an age now where you kind of have to keep him entertained all the time.
Speaker 4: Oh, well done, you've well, we've worked out what parent his is about.
Speaker 3: Yes, but it's never ending his head when the weekend comes. Yes, for pretty much twenty four hours a day, you're trying to keep him entertained. If you let him go off on his own. His game is to take stuff out of the bathroom drawers, put him in the bin, or put him in the toilet. So you've got to play with him if you want your stuff.
Speaker 4: And it's amazing now that he's walking, don't you find They will find danger so quickly, in seconds you can I just checked him like zero point three seconds ago. How's he got there? He Once they get those legs, they use them very quickly.
Speaker 3: So I invented a game yesterday where Gordon had to put me to sleep. So I actually climbed into his cot and he had to pass me things through the cut.
Speaker 4: You're like six fire.
Speaker 3: At first, I wasn't sure if it would take my way, but I was so desperate to try the game. And now it's going to be something I play all the time because actually late all I had to do was lay down and say, you have to put me to sleep. So he brings me a book, he brings me a blanket, he brought me a toy that plays a lullaby.
Speaker 4: And what a great game, because now works out you get to have a rest every day. The guys of entertaining my son.
Speaker 3: Not only that, the game finished with Biankee came in the room, put the blinds down, and Banker said, all right, now we say good night to Jack. You didn't actually go to forty five minutes.
Speaker 4: That is winning at being a dad. So is that back on today?
Speaker 3: No, I'll save it for the weekend. It's a bit of a cramp sleep because my knees are up to my chest. But still rejuvenate.
Speaker 1: Look Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: As Young Gordon got on like a TV show and I think he's into a watch it at.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, miss Rachel. She he's just on YouTube. It's essentially like imagine Sesame Street. But she makes it at her house. What wow?
Speaker 4: And because does that buy you half an hour? How long are the episodes? No?
Speaker 3: She goes for an hour, perfect, and he is addicted, Like you can't police head away from the table.
Speaker 4: They're messms, do, aren't they?
Speaker 3: Yeah. I could start banging drums behind him and he wouldn't turn around. He loves that thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you kid yourself that they're being educated Einstein. You know it's going to be like an iron stocking. All right, so we're talking about what happened over your weekend. Tell us about it. Six word weekend. Anthony pregnant wife, moving houses equal stress. That is way too much stress. Anthony Jackie turned fifty two on Saturday, getting old Christian binged ten pound poms. Great show that's from Chris and King's Park. Awesome day yesterday my son turned seven. It was magical. Good morning Christians. Sorry mate, but I watched your team so to get the gate at the weekend. Why would you do that to me? Yeah we're going down yeah bright and beat us three to one at the weekend. Shocking. Patsy, what's your six world weekend?
Speaker 2: Would you like some afternoon tea? I went and did the grocery shop yesterday for the week and I got home and I was a bit, you know, bit bamboozle that it was really busy the supermud. I hate doing the groceries, especially on a Sunday.
Speaker 4: Oh. I don't know what it is. I find that the drifters come out.
Speaker 8: They do.
Speaker 4: I mean people that have got no clear shopping list just wander the aisles and then do this move where they just stop in the.
Speaker 2: Middle and have a conversation.
Speaker 4: There should be lanes right way. If you used a Dowdler and that you're staying at the doordless lanement. Don't just stop in the middle. There might be someone else behind you moving a course.
Speaker 2: They need like a slow lane in the left and a faster It is like.
Speaker 4: The zombie day on a Sunday. You don't want to go anywhere near on a Sunday.
Speaker 2: I like to get in and out in twenty minutes. And also you can never get a roast chalk on a Sunday. It's like someone's come and.
Speaker 4: Brought about empty that retiary bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Anyway, I got home and Chris said, I'm going to put kettle on. Would you like some afternoon tea?
Speaker 4: And I thought is that code?
Speaker 2: I thought, that's really odd? Is that euphanism for afternoon to Yeah? And Audie was up at the grandparents and I thought.
Speaker 4: Oh, my ears sort of primped up and sugar bea.
Speaker 2: You ain't got a mug out? And I said, oh, I thought you meant would you like some afternoon tea as in some wine, special cuddles, And he goes, no, just making you a cup of tea. That's very disappointed.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian Connells Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Every Monday, a brand new episode of my new podcast drops it's called the Stuff of Legends. Each week mean, I guess they tell me about the three most important treasured objects in their life. First season got people like Ricky Gervais, Hamish Blake, Matthew McConaughey. Last week's episode was a beautiful chap lost of lovely emails about it about from Amanda Keller. Eric Banner is next week. This week episode, which is out now, is so one Alnely a very smart, very funny, lovely man. I'm a big fan of Sean macarliff. Here's a bit of our chat talking about chartered toys. I never kept any of my own. My father would my father, this is a terrible admission to make, would use the incinerator to burn my old books. You say earlier on you were trying to airbrush your childhood. Got this dad with an incinerator.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's got a pitchfork with their books on it, and he's trying out the fancy books.
Speaker 4: Sure, and I've told you about this.
Speaker 3: We don't need that there but the bear.
Speaker 10: Oh, it's an instrument of a devil in yes, ear flaming roupe at the bear.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 10: You know books that you know Mary Tortles books I'm talked to the original one. So this is in the nineteen forties. Man, they could burn my person.
Speaker 4: To burn the books in the forties was hit. Yes, I'm not drawing a line from him to your dad. No, no, dad, my dad was.
Speaker 10: I should point out my dad was not a Nazi, the opposite of the Nazi.
Speaker 4: I'd hate the Herold's Sun to get hold of this. I'll get it.
Speaker 10: They'll tell the story. They listen to this, they'll troll through this podcast and fine, Natty.
Speaker 4: Always trying to draw nasty links to your short. Yes, it's fair. Any publicity is good published. Yes, your question. It helps the book. Yes, it's such a funny guy. It's great, Coupy. It's out now, the stuff of legends. Wherever you get your podcasts, Carl Brighter, you're.
Speaker 1: Listening to the Christian O Kyle's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: What couldn't you turn off over the weekend? We've got one of those dicens. Yeah, you charge it up and then you use it. This thing just wouldn't turn off. How to take it out, to take it outside and just place it on the deck and let it just run out. The dogs and the cat were just staring at like. I was like, it will stop. Please tell me it's going to stop. Christian, I couldn't turn off my ducted heating for twelve hours. The house is getting hotter and hotter. The cats were sitting in the bath. I had my bathers on Katie Zoey Christian in the In nineteen eighty we had our family holiday to Europe, went to Ibither. We arrived in the evening. The first thing my mom did was to turn on the hot tap and the shower to see if the water was hot. The tap came off in her hand because the water was indeed very hot. She couldn't script back on because it was like piping hot, so we had to call hotel maintenance. By the time they arrived there, WHI took age as water was flat flowing out of the bathroom under the door to the room and heading down the corridor to the stairs at the hotel reception.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Right now. You can give us a call tell us what you couldn't turn off. Hey, Christian, I couldn't turn off the soft serve machine at pizza many years ago. I was twelve. You would have thought they were we amazing as a twelve year old, but there comes a point we're standing in puddles and puddles of ice cream. It's not okay. They turned off eventually by unplugging it. That's Sarah, Tracy. Yes, Tracy, why couldn't you turn off?
Speaker 13: My I was my mum's car.
Speaker 4: So what happened?
Speaker 13: It was about just twenty thirty years ago. So we got a key cup for the car and needed a spare key, so got the key caut We did some shopping and what not. Drove home going to turn the car off and it wouldn't turn off, couldn't pull the key out, do anything, so just had to leave it go and rang up the locksmith and they're like, yeah, we'll come out as soon as possible. Took them about two over two hours. The carr and read it out of fuel in the meantime, and yeah, they had to come out, take the whole barrel out and do a few things.
Speaker 4: So yeah, incredible story, Tracy. Thank you very much for sharing, mate, Have a good day. No, right, thank you, thank you. Emma. Hey, Hello, what couldn't be turned off?
Speaker 8: A toy helicopter?
Speaker 4: All right? So one of these remote controls were remote control.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah. We were down by the beach and my mate brought my then five year old and a toy helicopter and I think this is all fun and turns it on and next thing we notice it's got metal blades. So my husband's quickly going up, No good, take the batteries out of the control. It didn't turn off. It's come for us, metal blades swinging around next to you know, it goes in the water, so we okay, that's all good. It comes back out of.
Speaker 4: The water from the Transformer movie, is it. It wouldn't die, Yes, exactly.
Speaker 8: Yeah, We've all hit the sand.
Speaker 13: We're like that.
Speaker 8: We've just left it there. Come back a couple of hours later and it's finally turned off.
Speaker 4: So it was just flying around for a couple of hours.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it just had no battery. We took the batteries out and we thought, right, once it's gone in the water, surely it would it would die. But his fingers rose back up and came for us.
Speaker 4: Emma, thank you very much, the story mate. Have a good day, do you see.
Speaker 13: Thanks.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Jessick. Good morning, jess.
Speaker 14: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 4: How are you I'm good, Jess, so with a great weekend, And what couldn't you turn off?
Speaker 12: My car?
Speaker 4: I think that's worse than.
Speaker 9: The car.
Speaker 14: Having through Port Melbourne in the middle of teak hour. It got stuck permanently on and then I got stuck outside my office for about an hour waiting for RCV to come and just connected.
Speaker 4: It embarrassing, so irritating, especially because everyone has been looking around. It's so aggressive, isn't it to have a horn to the.
Speaker 13: Looks I got?
Speaker 14: And when you're a five foot tall female in the deep beet Marena everyone in the way?
Speaker 3: Is it another motorist? You'd be like, what are we doing wrong?
Speaker 4: Collectively moving at the same speed? Jess. That's a great story. Was send your price? Thank you very much to give us a call mate?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Have a great day, are you Jess? All right? What can you turn off? Nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the question Carls Show podcast.
Speaker 4: What couldn't you turn off?
Speaker 9: Couldn't actually turn off? I put a croissant through the conveyor belt, the hotel conveyor belt, and I could not turned the conveyor belt off, and the croissant caught file well.
Speaker 4: A flaming croissants. What a scene breakfast at the hotel. Yeah, those those sort of conveyor belt toasters that only exist in hotels, right, I don't even think of us general public can even buy those things.
Speaker 3: Fad be so so as well, and once you got a piece of bread in there or a croissant, there's no way of getting it back and tow it's done its full loop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's always some old guy stood by it as well, guarding his toast. Okay, so anyone steals.
Speaker 12: It, absolutely, And by the time it had come out and someone had come over and flatting the napkin, I had a black crests on and there was flames. Everybody was looking and all I wanted to find was the electrical switch, but apparently was under the bench. So I had no hope.
Speaker 4: Those hotel toasters, the convey belt one only have two molds where it's barely done anything or new to there's no number three set again and waiting an hour.
Speaker 12: Well, look Christian in their defense, after the fact, I did see the sign that said please do not put croissants and pastries through the toaster. I don't like that, but needless to say, I've never done this again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you know what we should do? A phone in too, My, you didn't read the sign. Oh don't press, don't go in there, don't touch. That's a great one. Thank you so much. You give us a cool mate. Really made us laugh. Thank you.
Speaker 8: No worries.
Speaker 4: It's got a Kylie now, good morning, Kylie.
Speaker 11: Hey Christian, here you going.
Speaker 4: I'm good. What couldn't you turn off?
Speaker 11: I couldn't turn off the treadmill at the gym.
Speaker 4: Hope you can get off it though?
Speaker 11: Oh no, I couldn't. I was running faster and faster, and you know, you just keep thinking, oh I can cope with this, and you keep pushing the faster, faster, faster button. While I was going that fast, that's the spit off the back of it. And I didn't thing to like stop and jump my legs out.
Speaker 12: All I could do was go help, excuse me, excuse me, damnseon in distress, Oh my god, until mister muscleman comes over and just goes, just stop it.
Speaker 13: Love.
Speaker 3: And I always my biggest fear is being that person in the gym that needs help from him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's terrible, and you have to go help bigger chats, help this little man here and distress. Oh kindie, that's sort of thing where you'd have to leave that gym. Yeah, no, I need to cancel my membership, are you the yeah.
Speaker 3: Don't worry way, Usually you can't cancel.
Speaker 4: It's a refund. All right, thank you very much, kindie.
Speaker 1: Christian o connall Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Time Now for your brand new mishurd lyrics. You do this every Monday. Whenever you miss hear a lyric, email it into me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. It's just another miss hurd man Christian O'Connell's miss herd lyrics. All right, answer playback. You'll miss her lyrics if you hear this, we agree. If you hear this, we don't hear it. And for the great ones, this Hall of Fame, recent hall of Famer, for the Talbot family who gave us this from panel at the disco. La devotee drinking white wine in the blushing light. Just another adelaide devotee. All right, let's see we got this week's Abella. Christian. I live in a town called Albany in w A and always hear it mentioning James Bay's song let It Go. Original line why don't you be me? And why don't you be you? And RB me RB me for me?
Speaker 1: Why don't you me.
Speaker 4: In aw me? Hear it in now? Isabella is her in her own town Albany mentioned by James Bay, why don't you be you and RB me in Albany?
Speaker 1: Why don't you me.
Speaker 4: A in there? Yeah, I hear that. Kylie's got this from Madonna. Young girls with eyes like dessert? Or is it a young girl with eyes like potatoes? The young girl with enough there isn't it?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I wanted to be there. We'll help you a lying Kylie because Michael Baker Christian I'm a big Toto fan. I've got one for him. Hold the line. It's not in the way you've been treating my friends.
Speaker 3: It's not in the way you empty.
Speaker 4: Now Michael is hearing it. It's not in the way you've been treating my plants.
Speaker 1: It's not in the way you empty bad.
Speaker 4: I'm hearing my plants in.
Speaker 3: The way you indeed, Yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 4: So Michael never has got this by lamb of God, shut it down, show huge, He's got them Live in session this morning, after nine. Never, when did you hear this? In which radio station is playing such music? The Lamb of God. He's hearing Simon cow there's Simon cow Oh my god, that might be the best of the well we never there is amazing Simon cown s, O God, that is so good. Neville Howard take about this Hall of Favor and Georgia Cooper's got to Rhiannon Fleetwood mac Rhiannon. George is actually hearing the classic teenage.
Speaker 3: Yeah nah Australia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really like that world on George Us. But today the miss hurd lyrics one by Simon Cowe one of the best we ever hadder Neville all right as always whenever you miss heard them, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot.
Speaker 1: Au, Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: This time on Friday show, we were helping jack Post get ready. It's formed a friendship with this lovely guy. Jackson's moved last year and he's gone an elderly neighbor and they were about to go on a big thing for them and they were leaving their neighborhood. And whether the friendship has existed to go to the g to the dream Time amazing game as rival fans, but come together as friends.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: On Friday, you were nervous about because this is a it's a big undertaking. It's a couple of hours. You worried about small talk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is not just bumping into him at the dog park anymore. This would be I was worried about it being close to five hours of NonStop chat, and it turns out it's a non.
Speaker 4: Stop chat.
Speaker 3: Unplugged because he messaged me. The game mind You was at seven forty start, he texted me, and because in the members it's first come, first served with seats, he said, so we should get there early. How about we get on the train at four o'clock to get there at five o'clock. You're looking at seven hours almost. I've chatted to Phil, so I said no, no, I'll meet you there later. And I got there just before the game started. Thankfully. He also had his nephew along there and as soon as he I'll hang.
Speaker 4: On a minute. Because last week you asked Rio and I are fair, should you bring somebody? I said, you can't do that because it look to him like you don't think he's enough. He obviously, here's Friday show and he's struggling. I need a backup. I need a human.
Speaker 3: Icebreaker, because doesn't it it flows so much easy when you have three people, two people demands space.
Speaker 4: A part of you felt like, oh, he doesn't think that I'll be engaging.
Speaker 3: No, I thought, thank you. It was like, now, now this character, Digby, who I've never met, but the character he's going to help keep it afloat. And it actually turned out that it was no problem to keep the conversation going, and because the matter was such an amazing mass, had everybody's attention. Then on the way home, we're on the train and he said, you know what, I actually heard the show on Friday, and you guys practicing and rehearsing icebreakers so much show that I wrote had written my own icebreakers list just in case we needed it.
Speaker 4: So did you see it?
Speaker 3: He showed it to me. He's a handwritten letter of that. I've taken a photo of what my elderly neighbor thought might be interesting conversation points for us to talk about it.
Speaker 4: So what was he going to talk about?
Speaker 3: The weather? Some of these some of these he's written and crossed out, like he wrote bad Breath and then crossed it out as if that was going to be a dead end. But then the weather he's given a big tick, no one wearing a mask on the train tick the young have no respect for the elderly.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is like Neil Mitchell's running order for today you no elderly novels are wearing masks.
Speaker 3: The weather he wrote wind and then put across through wind.
Speaker 4: I guess again that was until he bak to the weather, write Wendy here at the g isn't it?
Speaker 3: And then he has everything he's written in black pen and then in blue pen down the bottom as if he's about to leave the house, and he's like, oh, I just thought of one more. He's written sex in the sixties.
Speaker 4: What in the nineteen sixties? I think, so did you start talking about that? Actually?
Speaker 3: I wonder if he meant though we didn't get down to sex in the sixties. I wonder if he meant him having sex in the nineteen sixties, or what it's like to have sex now in his sixties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you need to clown text him now just was probably way. We never got to it.
Speaker 3: We just wanted some clorification on your final talking for it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: This morning, All the Time Waste Today you can win tickets for the best in show for one Electric day ice House, John Stevens, Belinda Carlisle Down Braithwaite, Mark Seymour loads more rock in one Electric Day November nineteenth at Werry Park. If you head to Gold one O four to three dot com for your chance to win the last tickets in town, we have a double pass. This morning Today is thank a Builder Day. Thank you, according to producer Rios gone to Christianity dot com here. According to Christianity dot com, Jesus would have been a reliable and high quality carpenter. I mean, the miracles one thing mad, but earn a trade. It's always those miracles might not always be there. Trade. Jesus, son of God cold on the website Christianity dot Com. Joseph had nine children, which means he would have been a renowned tradesman. To put a support such a large family, Jesus, who presumably served his apprenticeship under his dad, would have no doubt been a diligent and attentive student. There you go.
Speaker 3: I didn't know he had brothers and sisters.
Speaker 4: I didn't I mean, we never hear anything about that story. Do we write a follow up to the Bible? I'd like to hear their story very hard. You know, when you've got a successful family member, who is your brother? I was Jesus, isn't it all.
Speaker 3: Those poor kids like Donnie Wahburg.
Speaker 4: Thinking Jesus to don it Mark Wahlburg? All right, So we're looking for your builder movies. Building movies. You know what they're watching on the build of channel watching. Oh, they're watching dirty Fencing.
Speaker 3: Silver.
Speaker 4: He's just not that into unions. Gold Throw Mama from the Crane, Gold and Pro Level one for all my builder friends, the Balustrade Clubs, the Leave Breakfast Club, Silva. Yeah, Jackie boy, what have you got builder movies?
Speaker 3: A wonder woman's rocked up on site? Oh yeah, one a woman, gold Plumbers, Crackerjack, Yeah yeah from Christian Bale is an American psycho. He's American smokeo.
Speaker 4: Oh that's good, gold, very good.
Speaker 3: And who framed Roger Rabbit's house?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Why did a good job framing that house?
Speaker 4: Yea, that is very good. All right, Gold, what have you got there? We're looking for your builder movies.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're looking for your builder movies. All right, Jack, you're ready to mark, Let's go. Dude wears My Carpenter silver. That's some Shane No contract for old Men silver plus John Brick gold. Very good, Louise, I know what you built last summer SILVERA Mortar combat gold. It's very good. Meg Bricky Business silver, Crouching Time, Hidden Plumber silver plus some Sonya and Deacon Metro con Air in good ben Ten things I hit about Porterloo silver, tiling, Miss Daisy Bronze forest pump pump on a site. You know, maybe you're doing the foundations. I think of silver, driving Miss Daisy to Bunnings to buy a tool belt and hammer.
Speaker 3: You too long, Bronze, Paul and Cooey.
Speaker 4: Rock erecting Miss Daisy Silver, Sandy Miss Daisy silver, Ferris Bueller's Audio gold. That's very good. What I'm nick Plasters of the Caribbean silver, still cap Magnolia's gold. That's very clever. Who's that from? Julie Moravin? World and the Devil wears High Viz silver plus Austin Powers A Chippy that shacked me silver, The Sucky s Andrew Buffy the Van Bricklayer.
Speaker 3: That's very good.
Speaker 4: Adam, that's a very good Buffy the Vampire Bricklayer. Tango and discount for cash gold also good from Stuart. Three Men and a little Trady Gold that's from Tony with an a oh it's going to cost you mean debre? Have we heard that? Mike? That's very good Crouching Trady hidden costs silver. He's joiced not that into you gold Joyce so well, and finally some morning he's a very good I know what you didn't finish last summer gold? All right? Who is there? All? There's some great goals there, but who's off to one? Electric day? Jack?
Speaker 3: Sometimes simple as best. John Brick weld.
Speaker 1: Up the Christian O'Connell show podcast on.
Speaker 4: The show tomorrow. Then we're looking for two ways that you can get in touch with the show. First of all, after hearing this from Kylie, why did you have to cry out for help?
Speaker 11: I couldn't turn off the treadmill at the gym. I was running faster and faster and keep thinking, oh, I can cope with this, and you keep pushing the faster, faster, faster button. While I was going that fast, I was about to spit off the back of it, and I didn't think to like stop and jump my legs out.
Speaker 12: All I could do was go help, give me, excuse me, ex give me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, see your stories about why did you cry out for help and you didn't see the sign.
Speaker 12: I put a croissant through the hotel conveyor belt and I could not turn the conveyor belt off and the croissant court file. Everybody was looking. After the fact, I did see the sign that said please do not put croissants and pastries through the toe stuff.
Speaker 4: All right, So you can email your stories Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show podcast