Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, Pastor was sharing a sad story about a beloved family member's family heirloom that was handed to Patsy A chopping.
Speaker 3: Board, Yes, nearly one hundred year.
Speaker 4: Old, chopping hard.
Speaker 5: Why is it so small?
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 4: It's tiny little porch relatives.
Speaker 6: But has seen many a stew and many a from her garden chopped on that. I can feel the spirit of great Aunt.
Speaker 5: Long half a carrot at a time on this tiny But I love it.
Speaker 6: It's just a perfect size. I don't anything too big. It's just great because you can wash it quickly, and it's.
Speaker 4: Just very quickly. A trickle of water is done.
Speaker 5: But then why are you putting it in the dishwashing? And that's the reason it broken.
Speaker 3: I think it accidentally went in there. Let's not go that's not that's not okay.
Speaker 4: So which family beloved family member was this?
Speaker 6: This is on mom's side, great Aunt Lotting, yeah, great Aunt Lotty.
Speaker 4: So, and the person you trust to repair this is wait for it.
Speaker 3: Jack, Well, it's kind of distant for the being one.
Speaker 5: No, no trust me. I got this glue to glue in a piece of my piano that had come out, and I tell you the the hole that it has is incredible. You'll pull all day on that piece that I glued in and you'll never come out.
Speaker 6: We'll get it right then, because once it's glued, if it's not glued right, you.
Speaker 4: Like gloves or anything. So you got what is that gorilla group?
Speaker 5: It's called gorilla grip. We can't even say gorilla grip. Incredibly strong bonds metal, glass, fabric, wood, ceramic, leather, paper, plastic, and more.
Speaker 2: Now rest assured, Dear listen, this is being recorded right now. Cue close up on his iPhone and the radio shows have these amazing four K cameras. We've got a queue with his iPhone out watching Jack's repair shot.
Speaker 5: Okay, now the problem is last time I used it, I probably didn't apply the cap.
Speaker 4: On to put a little need in the top nozzle bit.
Speaker 3: But procedure you just have to squeeze it out. Sorry, there's a bit of carrot on the side of it as well.
Speaker 2: Not that this piece needs any energy underneath it, but it needs actually zoned out from I forgot us live on the radio and Jack's Repair Shop. It's like, well, yeah, you can actually wreck this radio. It is all about pace man, Okay, you have.
Speaker 3: Like pegs to hold it together, though, like, how's it going?
Speaker 5: You could you if you were doing it, probably you would get.
Speaker 4: Lotti.
Speaker 5: You could get clams to hold it in place. But you it says on the packaging permanent bond holds in just second, so I can literally Now I've got two sides of the cutting board.
Speaker 4: And the listeners you're still with a squished them to get around. It's just make it the spirit level.
Speaker 3: Now it's going to stick to the panel.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now talk amongst yourself and.
Speaker 2: So we're looking for your stories about sentimental breakages. If you've ever been in the awful situation of breaking something that is actually a real sentimental value to somebody else.
Speaker 4: It is the worst thing in the world.
Speaker 2: You actually can't apologize enough because it really means so much to them rio you did this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got a bit. This is a vibe kill of a story.
Speaker 5: I will preface it with.
Speaker 2: I don't worry, So I tacked on the back of a kill of a bit right now, So it's double vibe kill.
Speaker 5: It's still literally my hands. I swear to you remembering it.
Speaker 1: When I was about eight years old, I remember Mum had this old plate that she got handed down from her mum, who's not with us anymore, and it sat on top of like just this little bench near the kitchen table, was always there, and I knocked it over once, right in front of Mum and I could see her just face shattered like shatter, like how many pieces? Oh, like no, it's like a very fine china, like its shattered into.
Speaker 5: One hundred different pieces.
Speaker 1: And I started crying because I'll I knew how much it meant to her, and I could see Mom devastated but also like trying to protect me.
Speaker 5: I still remember the words she said.
Speaker 1: She said, it's all right, darling, It's it's just stuff.
Speaker 5: It's just stuff. And it stuck with I still.
Speaker 1: I still remember it because she was just trying to fight through her so upset about it, but just trying to like make me.
Speaker 2: Glue back together a broken hot You guys just can't. Some things don't mend. That is Azza. We're asking for.
Speaker 7: Christian Connell Show podcast Bad News. We'll go about for a second goal Jack's Repairshop. We learned nothing. We learn nothing. That's the show motto put it in Latin. It's not a crust, but we learn nothing. One of the engineers is coming with a G clamp for Jack's second goal at Jack's repair shop to repair this beloved family member's broken shopping board the Patsy's brought into Jack's repair shop.
Speaker 5: Now, this piece of equipment they bought it looks.
Speaker 4: Where did he get that? From the Great Bull War? What is that? What would they ever be used?
Speaker 2: On?
Speaker 4: The radio station?
Speaker 2: Represented nuts in at the Tiny gil What get it? On Antique's road show? This is from the Turn of the Louis the fourth.
Speaker 4: It's rain.
Speaker 5: Even though it's heavy and ancient, I still don't think it's going to be big enough. No, it's not going to be big enough.
Speaker 4: We need a bigger G clamp, bigger G clam.
Speaker 2: Guys, all right then, So sentimental breakages, Andrew Christian, I'm good, Andrew, So sentiment mental breakages?
Speaker 8: What happened when my wife and I first got married. We hadn't lived together before, so we were loading all the furniture up into the trailer, and I thought her father. I thought her father had tied it all down. He thought I'd tied it down. Driving along in her childhood bed came flying out the back of the trailer onto the road and got run over by a truck. And eighteen and a half years later, I still get reminded of.
Speaker 4: It, running over your childhood, he said. Rough stories to hear, aren't they. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast