Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Mildon's Gold one oh four point three gold.
Speaker 1: Well the rest of the world. What goes on in this hour stays in this hour. Even the boss doesn't listen.
Speaker 3: Ladies, gentlemen, welcome to the Christian O'Connell for Reckfast Show.
Speaker 1: Good morning, it's a Thursday morning. It's to Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show show number one five nine for us before we get over today's show, Would a team member like to own up now to mistake they made? Who calls chaos in the last half an hour on the show behind the scenes and why there was no news at five point thirty and I thought the producers had been dozing told them off. Would that? Would that team member like to speak up right now?
Speaker 3: Well, a lot of eyes not even the people don't want to give us eye contact.
Speaker 4: Who is it?
Speaker 1: Would the team member like to speak up? Or I will name names? Three two one, Okay it was me. I'm just going to put poor producer beck on here. Hey, producer beck, you haven't done anything wrong your odin apology producer Bet Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Christian and Jack and Petrina. Oh, very professional blame Beck. I owned up to it, does she blamed me. I think I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did, because I actually said, you know, we've let Pats down. She's panicking. There's something gone technically wrong. She's know what the problem was, Pats. He didn't log in this morning. Yet she's been told to she has to log in when she gets in, and she didn't log in.
Speaker 5: No, I did log in. There's a bug in the system and it wouldn't load my profile.
Speaker 4: It's the new dip so five point thirty.
Speaker 1: You heard the news bed go yep, silence ye, Pats emptying our guts into the radio speakers. More silence, silence, Me yelling at the producers who were doing their normal stuff, which is sort playing grabas out there, like playing hopscotch, not realizing there was no news going on. I yell at them, and there was. She just didn't log in.
Speaker 5: No, it wasn't like that at all. Beck came to my rescue and I said, can you go fetch an engineer plase, because you know, it's like two miles away from the news booth and there is a bug in this system where it doesn't load your profile. But there is a way around it that no one thought to tell us about.
Speaker 1: Just ask yourselves this. You ever watched like the TV news and it not be there? Yeah, never get that. You don't like you won't tune into Today and they're like running around and so I didn't. Will you keep it quick?
Speaker 5: They all have one job and there's a cast of thousands doing those and Brad and back Beck we're very quick on the job, thank you very much. I have to defend did they log you in? I want myself in? The desk wouldn't take my profile tat.
Speaker 1: The Today Show. The desk wouldn't take my profile. So perhaps the listen you know it's an extra news so you know, normally there is a one a half nine, but today I'm going to need to carry forward the five thirty news to nine thirty is to make it up. Okay, just dick my pay Yeah all right man.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: So yesterday, what did we like as human beings? We liked being asked for our advice? And yesterday I had to ask people and I med a couple of different WhatsApp groups and there's one of like a couple of dads. So we all live around the area and they've been Some of them are Australian, some of them are pommies who've been living about fifteen twenty years. And so I asked the group yesterday, I want to go and get some fish and chips. Where's good to go? Five different answers within one minute, five very different places. Ago. I picked the first one and I went to a place where as soon as I walked in, I won't name them. They were a lovely people there, but as soon as I walked in, it was like I've gone on a time machine to the Midwest of America. Alabama in the nineteen fifties. Young kids plucking a banjo by the chip fryer and was like five different nationalities. It was amazing. It was like a benetit advert There were some Chinese folk that kept coming out the back. What's going on the back? I don't know, and they were being like pushed back in and I'm like, what who were they? There was some little nana running it all with an iron fist, yelling at people and she wrapped up wine. By the way, there's nothing butt when they wrap it all up, you know your chips. When they put that big old wrapping round you.
Speaker 4: You got about five linds to get through.
Speaker 1: So many trees, so many trees, but that warm when it's all and you put them all together, those parcels and packages, and you walk out. You've got hope in there, Isn't it is that when you leave hospital with your baby wrapped up. Exact the same thing with a bag of chips. And then she wrapped them and she seemed terrifying to me, and I realized she hadn't put any sort of vinegar on them, and so I said, those got sort of vinegar. She just literally stared at me, right please, And she opened them all up again and put the sort of vinegar in and they weren't amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you can tell by the chip. A chip is a great market for how a fish and chip restaurant is. If the chips are bad, get out run a mile.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they weren't great for me. A great chip, okay from your chippy, it's gotta have that sting of a lot of vinegar.
Speaker 3: That's maybe that's a British thing. Crispy chip like well salted crispy, all.
Speaker 1: The bits in the bottom see That's the other thing you gotta have a lot of is a healthy amount of salt on thems. Right, Yeah, otherwise they're too bland. You must you must all know where your best fish and chip shop is to get your bag of chips.
Speaker 3: Controversially, my best chip is a fast food place, Schnitz. Yeah, they do the fish and chips style chips. But oh man, whatever seasoning in salt they put on them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, really they put chicken salt.
Speaker 1: That's that chickens. Ye.
Speaker 3: But we've got a local where mum and dad live. Where I grew up, we had a local place in Ivanhoe that let you put your own chicken salt on. That's dangerous because you you really.
Speaker 1: Go liberal, you go to town. Yeah, that's you must have a local one. You've been living out where I be for ages. You will have your go to place, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've got a couple down the road. We don't have it that often, but oh it's nothing like a potato cake.
Speaker 1: This place as well had do you know we're a local business. There's one an award, but that you know, you see, oh that's quite a few years ago, but you still got that up there. It's actually faded where the suns come in every day over seventeen years ago. It's actually accentuating seventeen years ago. You should have tried the chips here. Then it was we were the best in town. Where it's got like local business runner up, It's never like local business. It's always runner up or short listed Local Business of the Year nineteen ninety four. Where are what are? Because people get very passionate when you ask about fish and chips. They just go, there's one that's all right, They go, you need to go to? So where do I need to go to? What is What are the best fish and chip shops that you have in Melbourne? Please let me know? Nine one o four three nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Also on today's show for you got a brand new isolated vocal find out now it's time what these song is you're listening out for today for Holiday for a song and we're back with don't judge me? But right now? Where do I have to go in Melbourne for the best hot chip? What is the best place to go to? There should be an independent judging body. The go just the hot chips. I think it's so important. A hot chip, a good fish and chip shop. Everyone knows where their go to one is locally, don't they. People just know it's not it's not a gray areas. But when you're new to a city, it's great. You don't know where the best places to go for on or what a place yesterday and it was all right, but it wasn't great. It wasn't a great hot chip. However, any hot chip you put into a sandwich with proper buttered bread, whitebread obviously, red sauce, brown sauce. That's that's what I did last night with them to make them even better. Oh god, that was great. You ever do that hot ship sandwich? Oh, it's a winner. You've got to have. It's best with the mankey olds. You're going to die with other cancer, white bread, white bread, butters. It's gotta be buttered. No, none of you, Margarine, put that away. We've gotta be butted. And then you put your hot chips in with red or brown sauce. But I put both red and brown sauce in there.
Speaker 4: Wors this year?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh not a barbecue.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, no, no, no, no no, it's got to be pure brown sauce. It's also known in the UK is the strange name but Daddy sauce.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, Okay.
Speaker 1: You heard it. It is known as that. It says on the bottle of Daddy sauce. It's been going for like years, centuries, I think. All right, and so we need some recommendations. Best hot chip in town? Where do I go? Tania? Good morning, you're morning Christian.
Speaker 7: Welcome to Malvin.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Tony. Where should I go for the best hot chip?
Speaker 7: Ah, Honky Dories and Ringwood just on the top plat of h Land Chopping Center.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 7: Oh, it's an experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now tell me about the chips. Describe it to us, get us excited. What's great about them? Soggy vinegar, salt.
Speaker 7: Oh, now you can eat and or you can take away.
Speaker 1: I prefer to take away. They're not the kind of you know, most of those chippies aren't the kind of place you want to you want to spend sort of garden furniture. They've got the.
Speaker 7: Chips are are a good sized chip and they cook them, you know, just right. It's not under just right. And oh so you can get it a nice drink salmon or you know, your normal normal fish or ah, and a salad with it as well. Oh no, they are and it's a personal they are personal there right, Okay.
Speaker 1: I'm getting hungry now? Does anyone else want a hot chips? I'm starving?
Speaker 3: Actually you agree with Tanya? I mean hungry dory do a good chip, but I wouldn't say it's the best chip in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say it's the best chip.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, Tania, thank you very much for cool You.
Speaker 7: Have a great day you too, thank you.
Speaker 1: Bye bye now, but that may me blessed Tarania. But anyone else get the feeling? It was like you're going to buy you know, you chat to someone who's been in there drinking all day and all right, I'll try the fruit machine in a minute. Yeah, okay, get it? Yeah, my heart group. Good morning, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good? I hope you well this morning? Thanks for calling the show mate? And best chip? Where do you think I need to go?
Speaker 7: Seafood on Evans in Sunbury. They're absolutely awesome.
Speaker 8: They're crispy, they're they're tasty, they're salty.
Speaker 1: There they'll put lots of vinegar on if you.
Speaker 7: Want it, yep um, And they're just yummy. And I'm a Celiac. So they do gluten free days Tuesdays and Saturday.
Speaker 1: That's quite a few places. Now, this is brilliant, isn't it. They do gluten free ones.
Speaker 7: It really is, Christian.
Speaker 9: It's it's really good for people that have, you know.
Speaker 1: Autoimmune diseases like I do.
Speaker 5: And yeah, so they're the best and they've won the award for best.
Speaker 7: Fish and chip shop in I think Victoria.
Speaker 1: I'll go. Let's get on Google. We need to find out where these places the place to get. There is a competition, is there? That means it's going to be judges Christian. Yes, I need to become a judge. I get to try a load of hot chips. What do you judge, Christian?
Speaker 4: What year do you reckon?
Speaker 1: They won it last year two thousand and eight. You're a defending champ. That's always the best way to be. You're the belt holder some.
Speaker 7: Reason is the place to go, guys, look at that.
Speaker 1: Going You're crispiness is important. And what I like it when I open up my bag of chips, I like I like it. I know it's a good one. Right, there's that they've done the crispiness right and they haven't rushed it. When you get a few of those tiny little scraggly ones.
Speaker 5: Oh they're the best one.
Speaker 7: I agree with your pets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who knew the such a big issue this. We've got a lot very passionate people calling up talking about hot chips this time of the morning. We've made everyone very hungry. All right, thank you very much for Conny, and that was great Margaret.
Speaker 7: Thanks Christian, have a good day guys.
Speaker 1: Right, we're gonna jump on Google. I need to find out more about the judges and now we come part of the judges for this year or next year.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three sat a text coming. Did anyone actually ask for Nickelback to be added to the playlist? Bad move? Gold not going to help booster ratings. That's amazing. When the next when the next book comes out of the radio survey ratings, do you think they're going to go back to the fourteenth of March ago? What the hell did he do? At six twenty five? We find out what were the someone blade, Nick or Mack.
Speaker 4: It's all downhill fish and have a big grab at night.
Speaker 1: We were doing really well till suddenly, Thursday six twenty five, someone played the N bomb on the radio on Bad Move Golds Day. Mystery On this day, okay today it is the fourteenth of March seventeenth, third day of the two hundred and ninety two days left on twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: Don't waste them as a notable mention On this day in history. Nineteen eighty three, John bon Jovi and Richie Sambora formed what band.
Speaker 1: Bon Jovi? You say? What's it? Nickelback, Bad Move Gold.
Speaker 3: Actually their first their first name for John bon Jovi was going to be Johnny Electric.
Speaker 1: That's right, terrible name, terrible, no success for Johnny Electric. It's like a bad Nickelodeon show. It's four o'clock on a Saturday afternoon. Time fell the Latest Adventures of Johnny Electric.
Speaker 4: Rock and roll hits and seldom crime see.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea.
Speaker 3: The question for today is something that Australia holds a record that you may not even know about.
Speaker 4: All of us may not even know about.
Speaker 3: Somewhere in Australia we have the world's largest what cow.
Speaker 1: How is is it? Nickers? That mega cow in Perth?
Speaker 4: Hey, how'd you go when you holiday to Perth? Over some of you were.
Speaker 1: When we went over there, right towards Margaret River and we had a higher car, and I said the kids should we go and see suvering the farmer. I found his number. I got a hold of it through a journalist. I rang and left a couple of messages for him, offering him cash to come and see that mega cow. Nickers, I want to have my photo take connect to the count So the kids he never applied.
Speaker 5: Oh, he might have been busy milking.
Speaker 1: Well, he needs a couple do you know what ring a roses? You have to get a couple of buddies in to get your arms all hugging each other to milk one of those big old teats.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't have a machine big enough.
Speaker 3: It is not the world's largest cow. Have a listen to this gram so if it gives you any.
Speaker 6: Idea today, what we're revealing is the world's largest he's down playing it. He's downplaying it today. What we're revealing is the world's largest.
Speaker 4: Tunnel, not the world's largest tunnel.
Speaker 1: Is it today?
Speaker 6: What we're revealing is the world's.
Speaker 1: Largest slipping slide.
Speaker 4: Oh good guess I would love if Australia had that.
Speaker 5: But no string? Is it a ball of string?
Speaker 1: String?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I think Jack he's been house trained by Hamishnandy. He's going to waste twenty minutes after we've already played Nickelback. We're going to try and claw back all the listeners of the player nickelback, I ask, is the world's largest Australia ball of string and there's a giant Australia's largest cat playing with it really happily.
Speaker 5: We've got a big pineapple and a big prawn and a dog in a tucker box.
Speaker 1: It makes sense to have a giant ball of string.
Speaker 4: Why didn't you.
Speaker 6: Guess any of the day what we're revealing is the world's largest.
Speaker 1: Ball of string. Why is anyone taking a photo the press conference unveiling it.
Speaker 4: I'll give you an extra clue.
Speaker 3: That's the South Australian Government making that announcement. South Australian Government building the world's largest What.
Speaker 5: For a mug wind farm?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: No more? Guess is in ho more guesses? What have you got it? Right? Checks with him? Come on, you know the radio rules nine four one four one o four three nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 2: What do you think The answer is The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three On this.
Speaker 1: Day Mystery, On this day, Welcome to our daily history feature. On This Day Mystery. Each morning one of us is in charge of it, taking you back in time and ask you a question. Today Jack Post.
Speaker 4: The fourteenth of March.
Speaker 3: On this day in history, the South Australian government announced they would build the world's largest.
Speaker 6: What today, what we're revealing is the world's largest.
Speaker 1: Jo I saw on the news over the weekend, the world's largest pizza. Yep, it was huge and it still looks absolutely amazing. I'm obsessed with things that are the world's largest. You've watched those TV shows like Mega structures.
Speaker 4: As big as like living room or as big as the MCG were. How big is big?
Speaker 1: Not as big as the MCG because then you've got to think about obviously the oven to go and cook it in. Oh yeah, but it was still I reckon this thing was twenty feet across.
Speaker 4: Where did they cook it in? World's biggest saven.
Speaker 1: Well's bigg as oven. Yeah, all right, so let's go to lines. Johnny boy, good morning, Come on, Kristen, good morning, Welcome to the show. And what do you think was unveiled than the world's largest what on the stone? History? Oh?
Speaker 5: Rock is rock?
Speaker 4: This Australian government did not, does not.
Speaker 1: Or invented under a blanket?
Speaker 5: True?
Speaker 1: See John? Yeah? Is he kidding us?
Speaker 5: Points for trying?
Speaker 1: What that just happened? Going up the radio show. I've got an answer for them. I know the answer.
Speaker 6: This just played the clip today. What we're revealing is the world's largest good it rock?
Speaker 1: Oh my word, amazing, Thank you John for that. What that cheered us up? Sandy? Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Good morning, Sandy. How are you well? Welcome to the show, mate. And what do you think wasn't veiled today in history?
Speaker 8: I think it might have been a lobster.
Speaker 6: Yes, today, what we're revealing is the world's largest lobster.
Speaker 3: He's very serious for announcing a lobster. They do have a huge lobster in It's massive. It is not the right answer, Sandy, tough.
Speaker 1: Look Sandy, A lot of people calling in this morning trying to guess that Shane's one of them as well. Good morning Shane, good morning Christian, Jack and past Now yeah we're good and I have you well buddy, And what do you think the answer is?
Speaker 3: Well, I was going to say battery the world's largest lithium ion battery.
Speaker 1: Green, I mean, why not earn a shame, We'll give you a prize. But Jack, I thought Patsy was that was too dull. A giant ball of string about letium ion battery.
Speaker 4: It gets interesting, it gets interesting.
Speaker 1: John bon Jovi, what was bon Jovi going to be called? If they weren't called that? Now, that's that would have been a better question. Johnny Electric.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you how the biggest battery in South Australia came to be because they kept having.
Speaker 1: Black unsubscribe to this radio link they had from the mailing list right now.
Speaker 3: They had many blackouts in South Australia. Then someone on Twitter said, hey, Tesla does these batteries, and then Elon Musk wrote back, hey, I'll build your batteries. I'll build a battery grid in South Australia, solve your whole problem. Over Twitter, someone said, are you seriously said I'll build it in one hundred days or it's free and so the contract was done over Twitter and then Elon Musk flies in builds it in sixty three days and now it's still there to back up their backup power for South Austraia when they have rolling plays.
Speaker 1: So it really is the world's largest battery. And how big is it? Is it bigger than the world's largest pizza or ball of string? It looks lobster.
Speaker 4: It looks bigger than all of those. I do not have the facts on hand, but who.
Speaker 1: Are your pats? You have another two hour and look on the internet yesterday.
Speaker 4: It's big. It looks like a couple of football fields.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, it's big.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure it's work though, because they still have blackouts there.
Speaker 1: Someone call Muskie back.
Speaker 4: That's the Musk.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three. Get directions, speed in safety alerts with a Napman GPS, natman dot com dot au or find us on Facebook Navman Australia.
Speaker 4: From staycations to vacations.
Speaker 1: Gold one oh four point three is holiday for a song? Stit me or they changed the music? What happens this funk wrokoun I like it Welcome to nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 3: There's so many good songs with the word holiday in the title or in the lyrics.
Speaker 1: Why did we go with this? Is this like a TV theme tune? It feels like an at TV theme tune for a TV show that would have been on like a Sunday night regional one. I'll go with her though, speaking cheesy like this show. All right, today's holiday up for grabs. There's a family trip to the Gold Coast. You get five nights on the Gold Coast, unlimited entry to Movie World, Sea World, and Wet and Wild. Keeps having pauses it off. I'm getting intense about when the next one is and doing it's try and time it right. You could be enjoying the ultimates Queensland. Family gets away, relax on the beach while the kids learn to serve zip cocktails by the wall while the kids have a swim. No that I thought that was another one says there or so you can go to a shopping center and laugh at the locals.
Speaker 4: Don't have on my shoe, I don't have last I've just.
Speaker 1: Sink it in. It's pen I've just put it in. Now that's actually a nice prize actually, so that's our five notes family trip up on the Gold Coast today. That's gonna be won by one of you when you hear this song played for the second time today. So when you hear Police every breath, you take play for the second time between now and five o'clock with Gavin Miller, your chance to call in and win today's holiday for a song thanks to Navman. Good luck. I hope it's one of our breakfast show listeners, The.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Next time you hear Police every breath, you take your chance to call in nine four one four. I don't know, I won't I my voice is breaking. Finally nine four one four one o four to three your chance to call it win today's trip to Queensland. I was right. The cheesy music they suddenly put in there Christian music was from a show filmed in Melbourne in the eighties called Holiday Island. Can I please have a mug? Helen Naylor? Yes she can, You can have a mug? All right, Today's show then hours time. We've got a brilliant, brand new isolated vocal in the next hour We're also going to go back to our new favorite feature with you, which is Don't Judge Me. But last week we found out about a phrase called Hector time. Do you remember that was this time last week? We do it now movie come as well on Thursday night before that. Though, sometimes there are certain things in a relationship you were just banned from doing or having. And yesterday I met up with a friend of mine and he turned up on a Harley Davidson motorbike. I didn't know he had one, and his nineteen year old son has been learning to ride on it, and I do you know he had a license. But it was a beautiful Harley Davidson motorbike, and it was a very different kind of Harley had, like a beautiful matte black finish. I think it's burnished metal. The only reason I know so much about it is because I aspire to have a motorbike. And now I live in an area where you want to go cruising around and you know, go out to the peninsula. You know, I just I'd love that, And I said to God, I'd love one of these. He won't sit on it, and I sat on it, and I simply said to he goes, what don't you get one? I just went and then the conversation ended very abruptly. I said, I'm not allowed one. Mummy won't let me have one. Mummy in this story is my wife a couple years ago, and I said, I want to get motorbikes. She said, well, look when the kids are eighteen. Right, when the kids are eighteen, it's up to you what you do with your body in your life, and if you have an accident that you've got them as far as eighteen a reminder of that. When we moved, I said, now I really want to get motorbikes when they're twenty one. I went the three years now, it's not at all, never yep. And she even got me to speak to a surgeon friend of ours as well. He said, we call men your age organ donors that get motorbikes. We see them in here every week and just have about He said, it's not you. You can be a safer motorbike rider in the world ride people just are idiots on their phones in cars. Now that same it's not It's not the ride of twenty years ago. There weren't as many accidents with their motorcyclist as there are now and the thing that's changed, he said, it's actually worse than drink driving, which is of course terrible, is idiots on their phones not checking the wing mirrors. And I see all the time now we all know not to do it. I see these these these parents and school pickers. They've got their kids and these massive, oversized souped up four by fours. They're actually holding the phone going over a roundabout, going across the juncture, charging nuts.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I'm not allowed to have a motorbike.
Speaker 5: Well the stats are bad for motorbikes and Victoria so you know, I think she's a wise woman.
Speaker 1: One day to slip it into the right text. Are going you're listening right now and you just think going. It's incredibly safe, the safest place in the world to its bayside.
Speaker 4: You can get one of those razor scooters in Steack.
Speaker 1: That's hardy, is it? It's not too catty Vespa going to get a baby Chino somewhere.
Speaker 4: I even met the foot push ones.
Speaker 1: You know, micro scooter No so one of them this morning, who like me, isn't allowed to have something. What are you not allowed to have? Are you banned from anything by beanchor your wife.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not allowed to have aircon. We have no call.
Speaker 1: Are you in a prison? Knocker?
Speaker 4: We're not allowed to have airc on. She wants are you living Wentworth?
Speaker 3: She wants fans or this thing called evaporative calling a friendlier for the environment way, which I understand acon.
Speaker 1: Is bad, But I say, when it seems a friendly for the environment, Yet the grandkids sort all that stuff out when we're not around to be threw in the planet. That's their problem.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, not allowed to have it.
Speaker 3: And now because I'm not allowed to have it, I want it so badly and I can plain and kicking, scream like a child and a pup.
Speaker 1: Night a tantrum. All right, give us a call the sorning come out like us. Then? What are you not allowed to have as an adult? Nine four one four one four three Give me a call nine four one o four three? What are you not allowed to have?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 1: What are you not allowed to have as an adult? I'm not allowed a motorbike. Alex is not allowed to have KFC. There's something funny about grown up adults, you know when you're ten. Yeah, okay, on forty five. But this guy had an old Joe. Alex, she's not allowed to have KFC. I think that's great because the thing is, Alex, wherever you are right now, listen to my words. You could go and just have a KFC today. But there's that worries that you get found out and then be told off. And even though you're grown ass man, you still don't like being told off by skype my mom. The day my mom started to tell me off about something and how she felt like I was a kid, And I'm why am I reacting like this? I don't need to worry about my mum telling me, but I still did. Shane's not Shane can't is too busy on the roads right now, can't talk safely. But Shane is not allowed to have a race horse. That seems like quite a legit one. It seems like it's a pet terrapin, is it? Peter? Good morning? Good morning, I'm good Peter. I hope you well, buddy, Thanks for calling the show. Peter. What are you not allowed to have?
Speaker 8: I swear which you mean a single man saying you're me and you're bag inside it.
Speaker 1: And you're not allowed to have it. Is there any reason why he's just been banned?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm not allowed to have it because I'll put it on the back of the bike and I'll take off for the weekend and right you'll be Steplly.
Speaker 1: That'll be the last few sees of you.
Speaker 4: So any blanket band on camping gear, Peter, no camping.
Speaker 8: I've always been been camping as a kid, always through in my life.
Speaker 3: And I'm sixty years of age now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good on you, all right, Peter, th actually call me. Thanks, Matt, see you Christians, see everybody. Have a good day. Janelle, Janelle, good morning, Good morning, Janelle. Welcome to the show. What are you not allowed to have?
Speaker 9: Not me?
Speaker 1: My husband. I also won't let him have a motorbike, and if he comes home with mine, he better have.
Speaker 8: Divorce papers as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is what I'm frying off. You know, you do not go against a lady. So it's again you worried about his safety.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and he plays me on it all the time too. He's like, oh, maybe I'll get this one.
Speaker 5: I'm like, no, you will not.
Speaker 7: I want my son to grow up with a far so yeah, I just important.
Speaker 1: Ah knows he's loved and valued.
Speaker 4: Sometimes do you reckon You could hide a motorbike.
Speaker 3: Remember you had that guy ride in about his corvette. Then he kept in a garage.
Speaker 1: A friend of mine, right, was a top level, top level Premiership football player, I mean multi millionaire, and he wasn't allowed a motorbike for insurance reason because the club had paid and they didn't want him go around to Harley Davison during the week and his wife said not to get them as well. But this guy is this was his first wife of three and he got one anyway and hid it in a friend's lock up and he would literally have a change of clothing. He'd ever go and have a shower somewhere. This went on for six months. It was, like he said, he would get so panicky, like he was having an affair with this Ducati motorbike and he would go around there. One day a paparazzi spotted in a motorbike put it on front page of the newspaper the next day, and that's how he found out. And it was the beginning of the end of his first marriage. Was at the affair. I think he got sighted in in legal Lord divorce all in the UK, you've probably the same here. You can cite unreasonable behavior. And the evidence of exhibit eight was the photo. It was the beginning of the end of it. He had been doing some other stuff. It wasn't just a motorbike. He had shacked up somewhere else as well. That's a different story. All right, kick the course coming then? What are you not allowed to have? Nine one o four three The.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three Brian Adams here next Thursday night, Rod Laver Arena. Tickets are available through ticker Tech. We have some for you every single day this week. You can win them this morning by confessing sharing something with us where we promise you no judgment, no judgment whatsoever. And we've been starting this for the last couple of weeks and there have been some amazing ones have listened to these, some of our favorites so far in don't Judge Me but Conalls.
Speaker 8: Don't judge me but christ and don't judge me but For the last eight months have been having nap around the corner after work after telling my fiance that I haven't finished work yet. Don't judge me, but I find if my candy bars are too cold, I'll stick them down my pants to warm them up.
Speaker 1: Christian, don't judge me, but on the weekend, I normally set my alarm for about eight until my wife's around six. I know this year won't get up, and then I've got a few hours, just some heck of time. Don't judge me, but I used to black eating sandwiches on the toilet. So I'd go in there, have my lunch, read a book, and then when I was finished eating, and then I'd clean myself up afterwards. That's perfect. You're taking, you're out taking. Let's being taken out seat.
Speaker 4: It's a nightclub for Lily. Let him one out, all right.
Speaker 1: So that's some of my favorites so far. We're looking for some fresh runs now. Best one we get between now and I'll give it to's going to see Brian Adams live next week nine four one oh four three. You got something you want to share, I'll kick your off.
Speaker 3: We have moved into a house around Christmas time, letting the backyard get a bit overgrown because we haven't landscaped yet. I haven't done a dog poo pick up in the backyard since we've been living there.
Speaker 5: Hello, oh that smell must be bad.
Speaker 1: It's just rough, not just that it's I thought.
Speaker 4: There's no judgment.
Speaker 1: I find this one the hardest ever.
Speaker 4: There's no judgment.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but that is you know.
Speaker 5: I think of Paul Luna should be running out of spots to do a biz.
Speaker 1: God, that is rough.
Speaker 4: I'll do it this week. And that's a promise to everybody we call it.
Speaker 1: Don't judge you, but I'm sorry. Okay, but I did judge you there. That is rough.
Speaker 5: You'll need one of those weally being plastic bags when you do it.
Speaker 1: Judge your mansion, a massive one to get like a giant shove or like a JCB some sort of digger to pick up all the justion amount of poop. Oh, okay, don't judge you, but the feature is called bad example. But don't judge you. But nine four one for one oh four three, what do you want to share with us? No judgment? Nine four one for one oh four three. Best one gets tickets to go and see Brian Adams, The.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three we are still feeling the after glow of what you did yesterday again, and there's ten thousand dollars in just a matter of hours. So that little Reagan, little three and a half year old Reagan who's got autism, can have this smart pub This assistant dog A not assistant dogs. He's got an assistant who's a dog. I would love to pa a pup assistant. Can you go pick up my dry cleaning please? Boris an assistance dog. These are dogs that are especially trained for about twelve months to eighteen months by a brilliant volunteer company called Smart Pups and the family. We're trying to raise it for a little bit four three and a half, the old Reagan, so he's hopefully god it has trained up the time we go to were junior school and they were struggling to get together at the twenty thousand. But you got the money yesterday on the show. And there is a part two. We'll have a full recap after eight o'clock this morning, but there is a part two. It was already extraordinary what you did yesterday. And then about an hour after the show, a stranger walked into this radio station and I still I'm struggling. I've actually trying to I don't write anything down, but I just write the odd words. Sometimes I try to actually write down words to describe to you the best how we're all feeling twenty four hours on from what happened. Other than wow, wow, isn't enough you wait, you hear this story. It WI will always remain whatever happens to me and the rest of my years in radio, it will always remain the most amazing thing I've ever ever experienced. It's it's surreal, isn't it. I can't believe it actually happened. But a stranger walks into the radio station yesterday is to start the story we've got to you and what was been an ex straordinary twenty four hours yesterday. But more on that after I right now, then we're doing this, Christian o'connells, don't judge me, but just remember everyone, it's a judgment free zone. Okay, Pats, Yeah, let's go to the line. We've got Samantha on the line and wanted Samantha Morney. Good morning, Samantha. Okay, don't judge me, but what have you got for us?
Speaker 7: I said my brother in law, a sympathy card when he got married to his wife.
Speaker 1: We can't judge, no, No, I can ask ask questions because I've heard about this happening before. I always wondered who would do such a thing.
Speaker 8: But yeah, oh she got married Christmas bloody eve.
Speaker 9: In the city. It was from the country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't like her still, and we're talking present tents, not past tense. You didn't like her, then you like her.
Speaker 7: I'll get used to it ten years on.
Speaker 1: Aren't you mind about them hearing this on the radio?
Speaker 5: We haven't got many listening straight away, so it doesn't matter what.
Speaker 1: Samantha. We must never fall out with you. I still deny it, right, Okay, Samantha, thank you very much. That's an amazing one. I think you've got the anti Today chat with the not doing the dog poop pit cup story. Tina, Good morning.
Speaker 7: Morning, Christian. Don't judge me, but I eat filers from people's gardens.
Speaker 5: You can't eat some though, can't, you like in salads and stuff.
Speaker 1: Not that type. I just eat whatever's growing in people's garden to say, you'll see them, you know, nice rose bush. You'll go in there and have a nibble or yeah.
Speaker 7: So I'll just pick a pedal and as I walk, I'll just just wind.
Speaker 1: To chew on it and eat it. Is that daily once a week on some month?
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, I go, I go for a walk three times in the week. So I just say, something that's in bloom or is colored, all right?
Speaker 1: And if I was to present you with a bouquet of flowers will be your favorite go to snack? What would I get you? Kind It doesn't work like that.
Speaker 7: It just needs to be growing out of the ground.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, just you know. Okay, so we were going out on a date or any think and I went to my lovely friend, here, have a bowl of roses please and some highest sense as a side order.
Speaker 7: Well, well, just anything that's colored and just growing over the fin.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, why not? Exactly good view, Tina, Thank you very much for showing it this morning.
Speaker 8: OK, no worries.
Speaker 3: I think it's a there's a Simpsons episode where Homer eats flowers the toilet.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: Didn't think that was real life.
Speaker 1: Adele, Good morning, Adele, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 9: Don't judge me. But when my boyfriend leaves the house, by making leave the T shirt here so I can smell it when he's gone us.
Speaker 1: So that's cute. That's really nice. And I don't to be judgmental here, but I'm guessing you're only just going out with him.
Speaker 9: Yes, but we were. It's a it's a good love story because we went out when we were teenagers and we've reaching our own and for adults.
Speaker 1: Ah, that is lovely. Yeah. I mean if I left a T shirt my wife to smell me now after twenty years of marriage, she just put that in the Wah, you simply smell. It's not I want to I want to be reminded of a smell. It's just simply you smell. You go from want I want to remember your smell that you actually smell. Ah. That's a lovely one, Adele, thank you all right. So who are we going to give the Brian Adams tickets to? Is our friend the cow? Sorry, not that the cow is eating the flowers?
Speaker 4: What the person saving flowers eaving them?
Speaker 1: She's just having a nivel on them. The nature's flowers, aren't they? Yeah, given to her, Tina, you get the Brian Adams tickets. Okay, coming up after eight o'clock. We've got a brilliant brand new isolated vocal if you've never heard them before, here are some of the highlights. We just play out a isolated vocal track, a brilliant singer doing their bare vocal performance, and then we played the original songs taken from some highlights. Don't stop Believe then high.
Speaker 9: Steel, be.
Speaker 10: Really easy, Tonight.
Speaker 1: Start tonight.
Speaker 10: Upon a time I was falling a lot.
Speaker 1: Now I'm only falling apart. I began dream.
Speaker 4: Feel I see them very walkin.
Speaker 1: Oh my amazing. Got a brand new one coming up in five minutes. Time stick with us and Gold one A four point.
Speaker 2: Three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three tough for this week's isolated vocal. This is a great one. By Well. He's been known as John Cougar, John Cougar, Mellencamp, Johnny Cougar as well, now known as John Mellencamp, which is the original name. His manager just changed his name one day without him and telling him to Johnny Cougar, and throughout the eighties and early nineties he was known as John Cougar and John Cougar Mellencamp, but he's actually John Mellencamp. Now anyway. This is the isolated vocal raw raw powerful singer. I've heard this song and played this song too many times, but hearing this it takes you back to the original kind of emotion in it. This is brilliant from Johnny Cougar now John Mellencamp and hurt so good and.
Speaker 10: Talking no big deals, a man, no player myself.
Speaker 1: I ain't talking no how heals.
Speaker 10: Maybe we could have walking around all day long, walk around all day long.
Speaker 1: Hur's so good?
Speaker 10: Come on me, make it hurts so good. Sometimes love don't feel like it.
Speaker 1: Should you make it? Hur's so good? That's all good?
Speaker 10: Come on baby, now, come on men, make it hurts so good. Sometimes don't feel like it.
Speaker 1: Should you make it? Hur's so good. When we do these ilad vocals, it reminds you sometimes of a voice that you've heard a thousand times, and it almost becomes over familiar. When you hear that, you win. What an amazing voice. He's got such a powerful kind of country, lived in world weary voice as well.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell breck a show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Be careful these days what you see on the internet. I was about to get excited and going it's coming to Myrabin at the end of the year. And I went on his official site. It's a tribute band in Marabin, John Mellencamp.
Speaker 5: Come, They're brilliant. Is that Scarecrow?
Speaker 1: It's not scarecrow, it's another one to see John Mellencamp's story. Okay, I got excited at first thought he was going Kansas, New York speacane and then just hopping over nowhere else in Australia's down the road from me, and see it's fine all the way out here. Is he vide into that airport they've got out there, that little run.
Speaker 3: That's actually cool that he doesn't make a big fuss about posters everywhere.
Speaker 1: As Johnny Cougar. That's what I love about Mellencamp. It just likes to rock to Morabin. November the twenty third. Part of me still thinks he might actually show up. I'm going to go to the show November the twenty third. All right, let's go back to yesterday's show and what's been going on this week on the show and super grand Jeanette and her daughter Mariah, but most of all were lovely three and a half year old little Reagan Janette contacted me and she was after some tickets, any tickets I could give her Fleetwood Mac tickets at the time that she could use to sell off talks and off trying to raise money to get this assistance dog. These dogs that children with special needs can have to makes a huge difference in their lives. These dogs that get trained up takes about eighteen months. They do these amazing things. We've found out this week. Smart Pups is the organization they've been trying to raise money raise the twenty thousand dollars which covers the training. Because it's so highly specialized. These dogs can be trained to their tether to these kids that need out, so if they go off, they will run away, or the dogs will act as an actual physical anchor to slow them down. They can sleep with them at night time to just soothe them. If you're a pet owner and you've got a dog that we all have on the show, you know what it's like. How the young conditional love they give us a little child who's scared and need some help, they give them even more. But it takes a lot of time and money to train them up, and they had to try and raise twenty thousand dollars, And when Janette sent me an email, I had a look on the Facebook page and I saw there were like three or four hundred dollars. They've been trying to do everything they could, and we called her up on Tuesday show.
Speaker 7: If you missed it, we've only got about seven hundred, and we've got some floats for the sausage sizzle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you've been doing you certainly seven hundred. You still had to bust a gut to get those. Haven't you been doing this socisor aren't you doing like uber on the side as well.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm doing that at night, but I haven't discussed that with her.
Speaker 5: She does not know about that, oh Is.
Speaker 7: She thinks that I'm just doing it for extra money.
Speaker 1: You're super grandh do what I can. This is what we're going to do. Delis. Are you sat down? No, I'm do I have to sit I would sit down.
Speaker 9: I'm starting to cheer up, Christian.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give you ten thousand dollars towards the twenty thousand, and Jeanette, I haven't got planned yet because obviously I'm trying to put this together. I'm going to do everything I can to try and get you the other ten thousand dollars as well.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I could marry you right now.
Speaker 1: So let's fast forward to what happened on yesterday's show. So that was Tuesday, after long weekends. I called Jeanette telling her that we'd give her a ten thousand, but we need to try and get together the other ten thousand, and then later on by the end of the show said, look, we'd do it by the end of this week. The plan was, would you help us out? Can you help us raise the other ten thousand, and we thought this might take days. We were coming up with ideas. You were calling in with various ideas that what we could do, auctions, car washes, all kinds of brilliant ideas, and that's what we were planning to do tomorrow's show to get ten thousand dollars. Within about sixteen seventeen hours of that phone call with Jeanette, you'd raised more than ten thousand dollars. Some of the people's stories about their five dollars, which means just as much as five hundred dollars. A thousand dollars that we got from Cindy Wright at the end yesterday at about twenty past day are so warming and life affirming. I urge you to go on to the page. You can click through from our website Gold one four to three dot com dot AU if you're in a tough spot right now. I'm not saying it will change everything, but it might just give you a little bit of hope. It's amazing the stuff that people have done. The stories we've got why they want to give a bit of money to Jeanette and little Reagan is something really special. So you did it all. It's unbelieving and if you missed it, doesn't this just warm you heart. When we called Jeanette yesterday supergrand the uber driver, this old girl. She doesn't want to be calling it out. We're still getting married tomorrow. By the way, I've had to get married to her, she says, uber driving. She drives those what are those great big mega.
Speaker 5: Trucks called road trains.
Speaker 1: Road trains she drove at the end of the day yesterday when we spoke to her from Perth on a road train. Anyway, This was her reaction when we called her up yesterday.
Speaker 9: I'm never normally lost for the words Christian, but.
Speaker 7: I just cannot believe the generosity. I'm sorry, the generosity of people todays.
Speaker 1: So that's what you did. Then we called up our daughter Mariah.
Speaker 8: It means the world.
Speaker 7: You're just going to make things so much easier. Thing and for myself, like I struggle, like I don't admit it very often, but I struggle a lot with him to hiding closed doors.
Speaker 1: I was just going to make a world of a difference. Ah, it will, and that's why people have wanted to help out. It really will, so world, Thank you very much. Everyone's donated and is still donating, and that's why there is a part two to this amazing story, which is already extraordinary. So we finished yesterday's show, and this is if you'll listen to it and you'll move in a certain way. And I'm still getting emails some people that have been moved about what's happened and just just witnessing it and hearing it. Imagine us. At the end of the show, we didn't really know what to say. We're just kind of like it was just a quiet kind of aftershock and and afterglow of just being witnessed to it all. Yesterday's show A subscribed to my wife. It didn't feel like we actually did the show. The show happened, and we would just happen to be witnessing all this amazing kindness that was coming in. And then an hour later a stranger turned up here at the radio station. And this is an amazing, amazing story that I'm still trying to process now. And it's a day later. You wait to hear about this. This dude that just wandered in yesterday and he really did, just wandering in work boots, a HIVIZ jacket, didn't want to hang around because he had a job to go back to. But what he handed to us, it's something like it's a miracle story. We'll tell you what happened next.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: All right, just been going back through some of the messages that people were kind enough to donate when we were asking you to try and help us raise the extra ten thousand dollars so the little three and a half year old Reagan could get a smart pup to help him with his fight against autism. And you raised it within about twenty hours, which is incredible. So many amazing stories came out of it. There was the homeless guy in his truck who donated five bucks and was apologetic, saying, you wish to gild give more, but you can't. That's a homeless guy living in a truck. Someonell you or I might have seeing. We always judge them. You don't really think of the person, do you, or the backstory or what's put them there. But cared, That's the most important thing. You don't need to say sorry. You cared. You gived to be part of something bigger than himself and all of us, which was amazing. Then there was this message yesterday. I'm getting so many emails about this from a lady called Joe Parisis, and she just said this. My little boy would be turning eleven this month. They usually make a donation his name for his birthday, as I don't get to give him a present. This morning, I was driving to work, he visited me in the form of a beautiful rainbow and a golden sunrise. Whilst I was listening to gold and Christian called up super Grand to say that they've got the money, all the best a little Reagan. I hope he goes on to have a very full and happy life. How amazing is that? So mixed all of this and we were just sort of trying to put it all together yesterday when the show ended, and we're all just kind of like, I kind of lost for words that were just happened. And then about an hour after the end of the show, we're going to buzz from reception that a man called Patrick is here to see us now. Man Kael Patrick had called Tuesday and said that he had access to some gold that he was going to sell during the day and give us the cash and gold that he just had around his house that was worth ten thousand dollars. And I've got to be honest, Me and the team were like, sounds like a loon, because sadly sometimes we get all kinds of people ringing up radio show. It's okay, I've been here before where people say I'm going to do this and I'm this, and I can get you there and I'll be there tomorrow morning at six am. And guess what, they're not there because they are a little bit crazy. And I noticed the radio waves that tracks these people, God bless them, and weel just thought, yeah, right, some guy called Patrick's got ten thousand in gold is kicking around and he's going to trans He's gonna basically liquoridize his assets and give us ten thousand dollars. We just presume there's no way that's going to happen. The show ended. We raise the money, You raise the money. This guy Patrick is here. He comes into the station. He's just a normal, humble guy. He's a carpenter and he's got hi Vis vest On and he's got his big work boots. And he hands me a crumpled envelope that has and I'll never forget this, a big thick watch of notes. And I said low, and I said how much is this? And it was ten thousand dollars. He had me an envelope of ten thousand dollars. I didn't even know what it's like. We all held it. We wanted to hold What is it like to hold ten thousand dollars? And this guy's a really quiet, unassuming guy, there's nothing showing about and whatsoever. We had to beg him for a photo. I wanted a photo just to remember what he did. And he didn't want anything else. He do you want to come on today's show? And in fact, he's cool today to say sorry if he was a bit quiet. He's not very good with people. Patrick, I hope you're listening now. I think you're very very good with people. You did something extraordinary. You gave us ten thousand dollars. We told him, look, we don't need the money, and he wanted the ten thousand dollars to go towards the next person, next little boy, a little girl that needs ten thousand dollars, and they haven't got a radio station and great listeners like you to help them out. He didn't want their money back. I kept thinking, yes, at some point he's going to drop back in and get the money, because that would make sense, because that's, sadly, what we're used to in this world. I still can't believe it now that he just turned up and he was a normal guy. Ten thousand dollars is a huge amount of cash, a huge amount of cash, and this guy he wasn't like he was a hedge fund manager or in a suit or had a BMW.
Speaker 9: He was.
Speaker 1: He left us because he couldn't hang around to go back to a building site to get on with his job as a carpenter, and that was it. He just disappeared.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was honestly one of the most surreal experiences that I've ever had in radio. And we didn't really know what to say because it's such a generous offer. Obviously, we want to show how thankful we are, and we know that the audience and smart pups will be so thankful of him. But just having that ten thousand dollars cash passed around and.
Speaker 4: We're all looking in the envelope.
Speaker 1: I was stressed in his work boots, and he knows you've got you've got a job. This ten thousand dollars. Yeah, it's a lot of money to you that you've just handed over. And when we I say, where do you get hold of the gold as well? Get this fro about the last twenty years, thirty years his hobbies. He goes prospects him because you know, historically there's a lot of gold out of them hills around Melbourne and beyond, and he knows where there are certain places where he can go and panhandle for it, prospect for it.
Speaker 3: That's essentially what he said. We said, he's sure you don't want this, He says, I'll go and find some more. Yeah, he was such a lovely guy, like.
Speaker 1: You know, what they did with those pigs that go and hunt truffles or something. I mean, so I haven't been able to stop thinking about Patrick and the kindness of a stranger, and also how we just judge each other so quickly, don't we. You know, you never really think about the person. I've got to be honest. If I saw him the street, I would have thought it looks a bit shady, like it looks specially and rich. I thought, God, that guy looks like a bit of trouble. But he was so kind, quiet and unassuming. He was like, you're kind of you hear about these people that just do the kindness of strangers and what they do. But ten thousand dollars and when I mean gold, he didn't like, go and take a bar of gold to a gold dealer. It's lumps, isn't it? Nuggets? I think they call with him.
Speaker 3: Yeap or even all the small stuff that he's gathered together. And he didn't want anything. He was so unassuming.
Speaker 4: He didn't want he didn't even really want to be named or come on the show.
Speaker 1: And I said, Jack's right, we didn't really know what to say because we're trying to process it, and like you can't compare it to anything else in your life. And then I wanted to give him something back, and I still I'm so embarrassed. I said this to him. I said, don't judge me, don't judge him. But but I said, to a guy who gave me ten thousand dollars in cash, she's like a mug. He will tell him a question. Conld rebi show mug. And in my hand I had ten thousand dollars in cash.
Speaker 4: With a signed Christian O'Connor mug. You're nice enough to.
Speaker 1: Get I'm a gentleman. I'm a gentleman. Okay, it was worth that. That's what you get where even now Patrick, I hope he doesn't feel short changed the whole exchange that happened yesterday. But yeah, so that's why there's a part two of what As I said, it's been extraordinary what you've managed to do. And then one of you just turns up here unannounced. We're ten thousand dollars in an envelope from gold that you found somewhere and beyond I don't know, Bala out or wherever there is still gold.
Speaker 4: I want him to take us.
Speaker 1: Well, he's going to take us out there, Jack and I are going to go antwing for gold. So yeah, Patrick, thank you very much, and everybody else you're all Patrick's and the fact that Patrick called in today to apologize to say he's not great with people, you are very very great with people. What you did for Reagan and the next Reagan. And that's what we want to talk about, Arthur and Eves and running late the moment by I'm sure Patsy weren't mind, because I just want to share what happened yesterday and about how what we can do and what you're still doing with Patrick's money, which is a pay it forward, an amazing one because he's already put down a deposit on the next smart pup for someone we don't even know.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three, Good morning, it's to Christian O'Connor breakfast show on golding It Well, you know, I said, how you know, I feel a bit embarrassed that Patrick this stranger, but not a stranger to us anymore. It'll always be a friend of ours who turned up with ten thousand dollars for the smart pumps and then just went off to his day job as a carpenter, and how I didn't. I just didn't know what to say that. I kept saying, thank you, thank you, and then and then I said, do you want to breakfast show? Mug? Do you also? Are you? Do you want to confess to what you said before he turned up?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: No, oh, you know what that you know.
Speaker 3: I didn't believe when they said Patrick's here to give us ten thousand dollars. I honestly didn't believe that that's what I want.
Speaker 1: That's not what you said. I said, we should be careful, so I'll go out there and see him, and you went, hey, you just go. I think you should. We should be careful case he's got a bomb or something.
Speaker 3: I feel terrible about that now, knowing what a lovely guy he is, and he was genuine Why.
Speaker 1: Would you think it's that that classic? Hey? You know that classic one? How many times you were in the store, but yet another breakfast show DJ blowing up the all classic Cary got some gold for you out here company and fell for it. Don't anyway, thank you very much. There are people all over the world have been chipping in. Lovely email came in from Cork in Ireland from Lynn, who's donated some money as well. It's that lovely hour distance. Distance doesn't matter, doesn't it. Other moves you one way or not. Lynn. I love the subject heading from this Leaky Eyes in Ireland lovely poetry to the words there leaky Eye is in Ireland. I love this one. We go from Ireland to Scotland. This three line email in no way confirmed stereotypes about Scottish people being obsessed with gambling. I christianize this to know every day on podcasts in Scotland. I have donated two hundred dollars for the smart pump for Little Reagan. I'm mostly going to back a horse every day for the remaining three days at Chanutlan, which is a huge, huge race meet in the UK at twenty bucks ago all winnings. I promise you we'll go to the course. I'll email you every day with the results. Crime regards Alan Mchatty, we do not encourage gambling, but let's hope we get three winners there.
Speaker 3: But talk about when we are holding the ten thousand dollars envelope yesterday, that's a little trip to Crown and just come on, no imagine we doubled it in one go.
Speaker 1: No, no, we are not doing that. I promises been given to smart and safer people than us. But thank you very much, Alan. So Patrick's ten thousand extra dollars is halfway there towards paying for another smart pup. They need to be trained up, takes time and money. So this ten thousand dollars, here's what we're thinking. You've raised to ten thousand dollars. We've got Reagan his puppy. That's that's going to happen. This ten thousand, and you've already raised an extra two thousand, one hundred.
Speaker 3: One hundred and ninety still came in after yesterday's show. So even when we hit Reagan's target and we've got now an extra two one.
Speaker 4: Hundred and ninety.
Speaker 1: So with Patrick's let's call it paid forward money. Ye paying for a puppy. That's what we think that we of someone like Reagan who needs that and needs help, that won't have a radio station that's going to get behind it. I didn't mean to claim glory for it. I didn't in a radio station to get behind it. I mean access to listeners. A lot of people that listen to Gold that can actually chip in and they've got to try and raise that money and that is hard. So Patrick's ten thousand is halfway there. It's half a puppy. This is called it the head in the first two legs the front list, can we by the end of tomorrow's show get together the back end?
Speaker 4: YEP.
Speaker 3: So we're's sitting at twelve one hundred and ninety dollars. We're trying to get to another twenty thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's up to you. You don't have to you've already done so much. But it's entirely up to up to you what you want to do now, whether you want to chip into a new page we set up and I think we're going to call it pay it Forward or Patrick's pay it Forward, because without him doing that, and we wouldn't be doing this today. It's all down to you guys now. But you've done enough. You don't need to give any more. But if you want to, we could be in the situation by who knows, by the end of the week. By the end of the Breakfast Show tomorrow, we all go into the weekending that we pay for not one smart Bump, but smooth two smart pups, and we don't even know who that one is for, and I think there's something lovely about that. But that is up to you. If you do want to chip in, five dollars is five dollars and it's amazing. Okay, five or ten dollars, whatever you can give means a lot to us, and whoever is going to get that pubb it will mean everything to them. Gold one four three dot com dot Au. There's a big old red donate button.
Speaker 4: Yep, that's right now. We'll click through to this pay forward page.
Speaker 1: What else have you got to do on the internet. Facebook's down at the way. It's not news if Facebook is down, No, it is not news. Is Facebook's down? Because well, how does that actually upset anything in the world. Oh, you might have to actually talk to someone today because Facebook's down. It is not news. The only website you need works. It's our monkey one from nineteen ninety two. Gold ONEO four to three dot com dot Au. Have a little laugh at there about. Oh, there's a registation of school. Got a god awful website like this, But then click the donate button. Gold one O four to three dot com dot Au. There's another link where I make friends in the digital department.
Speaker 2: Here the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: I got be honest, I'm not sure if today's at work time waster is gonna work, but we will see. We're trying to have a listener out here, guy called Richard Christian. I've been listening to you for our ten years now. I keep up to date with our life in Australia's going with the podcast on my cycle to work and good old Blighty want to mess? Everything is out there right now? Wow? I was wondering if you could reward my Lord too by do me in favor. I'm a maths teacher. Can you see why I'm wired about?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 1: How the next ten minutes might not work? I'm a maths teacher and today is on the fourteenth of March World Maths Day. Could you and your lovely Melbourne listeners help my class out come up with a load of maths based movies?
Speaker 4: How will that help them?
Speaker 1: I think he's trying to fill a lesson. Let's help him out. How are yours? Mine? Are even just googling? I actually did google earlier maths terms and I started to get that anxiety of like I haven't done my own when I don't understand subsets and hardly scrolled down the page. Algebra I failed maths. Okay, maths movies. These aren't funny, but technically they are maths movies. Usual subsets.
Speaker 4: Oh, never heard of a subset?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I google it's math too, James and the Giant Protractor. That's good, Thank you, guys, Finite Field of dreams. I had a problem resuentzer the hills. The hills have pie. All right, I'll take that today. The ares a mild win. Alright, Jack, what have you got for maths movies?
Speaker 4: He divide with a falaffle in his hand.
Speaker 3: He divide with a fluffle in his hand, maybe in a strange film that you don't no, I know the movie.
Speaker 1: I just wait for the comedy to arrive. You've got a head cold.
Speaker 3: Addition impossible and American Pithagoras theorem yep, yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, let's see what you do then with your maths movies. You're going to go on four seventy five three, one oh four three, The.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Christian, I do the artwork, time work, sydeo, I look forward to it today has hurt my brain died, That's exactly I felt, actually irritated. I've taken this one on. However, having a quick scan at the money coming in, there's some very good ones I've don't They've made it actually work. The reason why we're doing a world math state Maths movies is helping you. Listen about Richard who's a math teacher in the UK, and I get the feeling wants a filler lesson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my friends is primary school teacher.
Speaker 3: He watches so much YouTube, just gets the projector out puts YouTube into.
Speaker 1: The same Yeah, I do the same. But do you know what, that's a tough job.
Speaker 4: Top ten Michael Jordan dunks that sort of stuff.
Speaker 5: What educational?
Speaker 1: Alrighty you ready to mark these ready Maths movies Eyes Wide Subtract Bronze, Bohemian Maths d Silver He's just not that into math silly. It's the first one that made me sigar Gold silence of the logarithm.
Speaker 4: But canyh Gold.
Speaker 1: Something about one or two people listen to this who are at math's head, who love maths, who'll be loving these the rest of U's like a dog whistles and I'm like, I don't know, is it funny? Dude wears my calculator. That's more my kind of thing. Civil plus word Chris and Baronial pulp fraction, Clever Gold, Yeah, Lizzen Campbellfield, well done, Edward Calculator hands genius, shut the show down, Edward Calculator hands gold plus, Steven Oakley, Southwold One. Dude wears my calculus.
Speaker 4: Similar to her one from before.
Speaker 1: Bronze Dividing Private Rye Gold, Harry Potter and the Isosceles triangle, MM Mickey and Jelo one on fifty shades of gradient. Clever Daniel, Clever Gold. Dude wear's my calculator. We have enough of those now, Oh, fatal subtraction, the Curious case of Benjamin calculator button going to stay to the end.
Speaker 4: That's a gold plus.
Speaker 1: What's more, the Curious Case of Benjamin calculator button. Very good, you'll put your name on that. But that is funny. Radius of the lost arc so what I know what you divided?
Speaker 4: Last Summer Silver.
Speaker 1: Amanda and Rosebud well done and last one Row two edition Bronze.
Speaker 4: Let's have bought.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well only one thanks for those.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Please tell me, on a scale of one to ten, how bad this would have been. Sure, My cousin and his wife lived just around the corner from us. They have a little baby one year old or thirteen fourteen months, so there I.
Speaker 1: Think he meant one year old or thirteen or fourteen years at age somewhere in between, or either of those.
Speaker 4: They're definitely not an adult.
Speaker 3: The baby is at the age where she should be walking soon, so she's doing things that will shuffle. Yeah, she's been able to stand up on her own now, but hasn't taken any steps yet. Bianchor and I got to watch her for fifteen minutes last night, and I said to be, wouldn't it be so good if Noah started walking now and we could be like our house is the place where she walked for the first time. I wanted to even though she didn't. I wanted to tell my cousin and his wife that Noah walked while she was here, so that even because I feel like it's a victimless crime, because even if they even if it's not true, she really did experience it at our house.
Speaker 1: And people think about your generation that you're thoughtless and casually cruel. I've always thought, well, that's a cruel stereotype. Now I hear though, I know people are right. That is horrific for parents, isn't it.
Speaker 5: They've done a year of just playing labor.
Speaker 1: Just you're exhausted, the sleepless nights and that's a that's a that's a rainbow. That's a bit of magic.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: Wow, the life you gave carried for nine months.
Speaker 4: Is that enthusiasm is what I wanted to capture for myself.
Speaker 1: It's no, exactly, No, it's beyond the scale. Look bad. It's the worst thing you've ever told me.
Speaker 4: What about the dog poo this morning?
Speaker 1: Too? Bad things? Two bad things to you today?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show gold one four point three.
Speaker 1: Well this should be nice heading out to lunch today. Yes, what amazing excitement from my team of co workers.
Speaker 5: Everyone's dressed very nicely.
Speaker 1: You're actually dropping into a funeral.
Speaker 5: Well you're all black as well, So I'm getting changed.
Speaker 1: I'm getting changed a three piece white suit like a Saturday night feet.
Speaker 4: Nice, I have a great jacket. You are all black, though, well, what's new?
Speaker 5: I'm black every day?
Speaker 1: Sort of weeping Nana an Italian funeral. No, no, that's not Italian, all right. Title of today's show is Patrick's Pay It Forward Afterwards extraordinary generosity when we just when we thought we'd seen so much of that. If you do want to continue his great work and pay for maybe another smart for a little girl kid here in the next reaken boy or girl might need one, then head to Gold one O four to three dot com dot au. This week we've got one things that miracles can happen. Who knows what we could do? All right? We are back tomorrow morning after our fun lunch.
Speaker 5: Yay, we might not be on talking terms.
Speaker 1: Great, let's go into it like that, love. What could possibly go wrong? Don't we get you listening out for the police? Every breath you'd take for today's holiday for a song? Good luck.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three