Speaker 1: People do some weird ship it should in young people, inhaling the gas from cooking canisters known as names to get high.
Speaker 2: Some of the things more since than others. I've done everything for you, but my career.
Speaker 3: On hold, I couldn't been anything if I'd.
Speaker 2: Had the talent.
Speaker 3: Bless yourself for observations.
Speaker 2: You didn't ask for this leadership. I think he's one of the greatest leaders we've ever had. Well, good, just.
Speaker 3: Couple of Mitches. Want of us be Mitch and the other Mitchell, just to make things easier.
Speaker 2: Your Mitch, I only call you Mitchell when you're being annoying.
Speaker 3: You always call me Mitchell. Oh no, he is Mitch Tullie and Mitchell koo. Well fuck me dead. We're back.
Speaker 2: Hello guy, are we I'm good? How are you very well? You know speaks fasking Hello, groundskeeper Jenner.
Speaker 3: We do get to you. You know you don't have to just jump on here.
Speaker 2: You don't know, you don't need to blast through the doors all this attitude about and you haven't acknowledged me yet. Far out literally.
Speaker 3: Talking to the co host and then I will make my way to you.
Speaker 1: No, you wouldn't.
Speaker 3: You don't go to modern family then all of a sudden you talk to Sophia Bagara and the fucking dog wants a body mentioned. It's about the families.
Speaker 2: I love how you've likened her to Sophia Beagara's dog where the lead path? She's a dog?
Speaker 3: Your ted Bund? Who's the.
Speaker 1: Serial killer?
Speaker 3: I'm done for you anyway. The main characters and I would have thought.
Speaker 2: We'd be Mitch and Cam. We've got a lot more in common with them, firstly Mitch and also the whole gay thing.
Speaker 3: The roundness, the ratundness.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that is you.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I don't care.
Speaker 2: I'm the ranger.
Speaker 3: Actually Cam's good. He's a straight man that plays the gay role. I think that's the definition of good actor.
Speaker 2: It always surprises me that the larger one on Modern Family is actually straight. That's so weird.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when he was on American Horror Story? Yeah, really freaky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was killed by a pig, wasn't he oh the peak? Yes, terrific.
Speaker 2: Is he a good actor or did it just seem like Cam from Modern Family in a different show?
Speaker 1: At first it felt like like Cam, but then it got all bed and.
Speaker 3: What it's like whenever you see a character that's a real character actor in another movie like the Sweet Life of Zack and Cody, or all of a sudden in some sort of gay love fest. I'm like, go back to the Tipton Hotel piece of anyway, it's a big show. We got a lot going on, including Jenna.
Speaker 2: No, it's Jenna's birthday.
Speaker 3: Jenna's birthday.
Speaker 2: Just when you came in with all this tuned about us forgetting you. Little did you know we.
Speaker 3: Had everything planned? This is a this Yeah, this is a live recording from the twelfth Battalion.
Speaker 2: Oh those were the days. Happy birthday, Jenna. Thanks you don't look excited that we've remembered.
Speaker 1: No, that was lovely, just brought back a lot of memories. It's the battalion.
Speaker 3: You were hung at the town square that afternoon, still on your birthday.
Speaker 2: Don't dwell on your past lives, so focus on the current one. Another year of Jenna's birth.
Speaker 3: Correct. I mean you did commit genocide too, so I think it's fair that you were the.
Speaker 2: Whole hanging thing and puts the Jenna in genocide.
Speaker 1: Genocide.
Speaker 3: That's brilliant. Anyway, we haven't forgotten, and in fact it should.
Speaker 2: We do it we've got a couple of things planned for you, our dearest Jenna, let me No, it's not a pet. No, it's not another pet.
Speaker 3: Hey, what did I message you this week?
Speaker 2: Well, he did say should I get another fish? Obviously that was your Christmas present back in episode thirteen.
Speaker 3: But no, that's an old bit o.
Speaker 2: I said.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Actually, what I said was don't because you might have to get another tank. There might be a limit on the man space per fish, you know how it works.
Speaker 3: And a bit like killing each other the Simes fighting fish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so good thing we didn't go ahead with that idea. But speaking of instead, one of our mates, Georgie, who listens to the podcast, she runs a baking Instagram account at get Baked with Georgie Brilliant. I just when as soon as I saw that Instagram handle, I was like, oh my god, I need to do business with her.
Speaker 3: Genius.
Speaker 2: So we've asked her to prepare a little something. She's hiding next door actually because he wanted to surprise you.
Speaker 5: What.
Speaker 2: That's her cue.
Speaker 3: She's in the glass newsroom.
Speaker 2: Here she come clear, We go, Georgie. This is Jenna, Jenna, This is Georgie.
Speaker 3: Social distance.
Speaker 2: Now Jenna she's got Facebook and Instagram. Get baked with, Georgie. They are they look to die for. But you've got your own right in front of you, So to go and open.
Speaker 3: Themuk, Georgie, hop on the mic down, he will put you on.
Speaker 2: We also got a special message written on top of them for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got them, customer.
Speaker 2: We just thought that it was a great opportunity to tell you that you're a great friend. So we got killer cookie for a killer friend.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love it so mad.
Speaker 2: I want to see it is so cute. Look at that. God, Oh they look so good. I love a vanilla cookie and a bit of icing. You know what does it says killer cookies for a killer It's not meant to say that. I thought it was going to say kill a friend.
Speaker 4: Well, I.
Speaker 3: Was on holidays also holidays, so.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, wait wait, there were the word limits on the cookies.
Speaker 3: Georgie, you just small made the font small.
Speaker 6: It's a stiff.
Speaker 2: It's not like work a message.
Speaker 3: I didn't ignore your message. We teet it up and then I went on holidays and I forgot.
Speaker 2: Well do you know what.
Speaker 3: You shouldn't have just gone with killer?
Speaker 2: Do you know what it kind of works. Oh my god, Because Jenner, we did that quiz on our show once, and you have serial killer tendencies, You've got horror movie vibes that still work. Killer cookies for a killer the best I could do, so I just ran with it. Do you know what it works?
Speaker 1: It really was contest you'd organized we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna put a photo of these up in our Instagram. That a couple of minches, but also you've got to stop at get baked with George's. They looked delightful, and I can't have one professional to eat on the podcast. Would you like one?
Speaker 6: No, I've never eaten.
Speaker 2: One, so would have eaten one of your own cookies?
Speaker 6: I've never eaten one.
Speaker 2: Not sorry to give about your present, but can she try one of her own Cookiesies for a killer? Now? While we all munch away on these killer cookies, I we have another present, Jenner. I organized something as well. Mitch's was obviously going to stuff up, so I have a plan b the backup, you know, a second present for you. Yep.
Speaker 3: It was just, oh my god, these cookies. Mitch, try it, they go.
Speaker 2: I love There's nothing I love more than a vanilla cookie with icing on it.
Speaker 3: I mean, my insolinces already spiked, but this is just pushing me through there.
Speaker 7: Not good.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I can eat a hundred And it's not that like you know, that really hard icing that people put on top of ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's soft and it's not sickly either.
Speaker 1: I know what this is really exciting?
Speaker 3: Well, the box is quite long. It looks like a one from Harry Potterman. It's in a long box from Hufflepuff's Door of Witches or some one of the eyes.
Speaker 1: If she thinks what is it, it's one of those Like so it's a daser.
Speaker 3: We didn't get your taste.
Speaker 2: It's a dusk laser lighter. So Jenna is a bit of an arsonist. She does control her urges by sitting in a dark room by herself and lighting lighters and staring at the flame. But this will never run out because it's actually like electricity. You charge it rather than being a little flame on the end. It's like a little electrical current and then you just recharge it when it runs out.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 2: I want to hear the.
Speaker 3: One two three. I't Georgie's eyebrows fine, well needed, she.
Speaker 2: Was way too comfortable with that flame through it sound effect. She's like, I know the difference. I've got both.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday, generally love.
Speaker 6: You can you actually light it up?
Speaker 2: I want to see if this thing works.
Speaker 3: She's got a bloody mix for a coat on. She might like, go go make right.
Speaker 2: It's actually terrifying.
Speaker 3: Your MIC's right up. Oh my god. It's like a little many tasers. You can put that in your person. If you've got a macenti late at night, you're safe.
Speaker 2: It actually looks.
Speaker 6: Like I actually taste someone with London.
Speaker 3: You have not.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my ex used to work at well still does work at dusk and she would taste people with it.
Speaker 3: You're kidding.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Do try it on me?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's weird, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Do it?
Speaker 2: No, we can't just go. It doesn't have electric kitting, be not electric. Very now, George, if you tried your own cookies here, because I think they're outstanding.
Speaker 7: I literally just put a video of myself eating a cookie on my Snapchat and I was like, I just.
Speaker 6: Tried one for the first time, and like, guys, I get the hype and.
Speaker 3: I'm great. I'm really good.
Speaker 6: Literally, all my friends go can you make me come something?
Speaker 7: Like? Can you make me some? Can you make you something? I'm like, okay, Like I don't get it.
Speaker 3: There're a cookie?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like it's exactly.
Speaker 3: It's a cool guys. This is the I think the best cookie I've ever had in my life.
Speaker 1: Definitely, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: And I'm like a you know, Southern Hemisphere, Santa Claus. I eat a lot of fucking cookie. Same Jenny. We also have a card for you'll open it later in the show. We don't want to get boged down. It's not your fucking you know, death day or anything.
Speaker 2: I've got a cup of tea here. I'm going to try the cook Oh good, is it?
Speaker 3: Let me try to. You're joking, I've got one. Let me try to. Did you put that? Did you dip it in or will it melt off?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I dipped it in.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to dip it in case it snamps.
Speaker 2: What else did you think I would have done?
Speaker 3: Sipped it then put in your mouth. It's a safe Oh. I did that with an arrow root. Sometimes I put a biscuit in my mouth and then steep it in my mouth. I sip the tea and then just sit like got it seep really deep?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm quite happy with my method anyway, as we chow down and cook with what else we got coming up on the show today? Oh Oka, they actually are so good. I'm not just saying that.
Speaker 3: Got up on the show. We mentioned it last week. You've got a bone to pick with a friend of the show, close friend of yours. Alright, hey, oh yeah, that's right, he's done something. It is Jenner. Stop playing with the light of Jenna.
Speaker 2: There was a rattlesnake at my feet, he cries, yes, all right, hey, al right, he If you don't know him by name, I'm pretty sure most people would have seen a video of his at some point in their life. He's all over Facebook, Instagram, YouTube. But he's posted a TikTok that I was not happy with, not impressed at all.
Speaker 3: So fish you off.
Speaker 2: We're going to call him up later and I'll let him know.
Speaker 3: We'll get at the bottom of it. Also, we start the show the same way every week with it is it just me? It's something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. We call them I gems. It confuses people, but fucking get with the program.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I JM ism, I JM sens for Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Anyway? We both start the show with one and I, I mean I went first, so you can you can start a soft Mitch.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to keep eating this cookie. Sure, all right, let's do it, Bradley do your thing?
Speaker 3: Is it just? Sorry? Sorry? Mate?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: I forgot I forgot something, Jenna. I've done something very nice for you. You know. I've got my little black book. It's a note section on my iPad. It's yellow, it's not black. All my celib contacts for my night show with Kids. Who's your favorite celebrity of all time?
Speaker 1: Vere Laughson?
Speaker 3: From the room. It's from Room Room with Jason Trembling, Jacob Trum Trembler.
Speaker 2: Did you get Brie Larson?
Speaker 3: Did you I couldn't get Bree Laston because I think she was ill, she popped out of COVID or something. But I did get your second biggest favorite celeb. I've recorded something for you. Who roll it?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 2: Is your Garrel?
Speaker 8: Breadthwaite here wanting to say happy birthday to ground Keeper Jenna. I assume your name is ground That's really nice name, ground Keeper Jenna. Anyway, Happy birthday from Darryl of Corefield, Daryl and Colfield.
Speaker 2: I don't know why he realized that his name actually carries quite a bit of recognition. Why would he say Daryl from Corefield instead of Darryl Braithwaite. Lady, this is definitely from New York.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Anyway, we know you're a massive fan and I just got him to do that for you.
Speaker 1: That's lovely.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 2: I thought you'd be more excited. She was more excited about the flames.
Speaker 1: Can I play with my taser again?
Speaker 3: Ask you to go take it away? Bradley, things are coming in Georgia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see, George, is it just me? Are you so fine with people not touching you while social distancing?
Speaker 3: I'm a toucher, are you you know? I'm a touch I hug anyone.
Speaker 2: I don't think we really hug, but anyway, actually, if we have a hugged, don't think so, No dumb idea. Look, it's not that. It's not that I'm not a hugger, right like, I don't mind a hug. Yeah everyone, it's a hug. But what I don't miss is the anxiety I get of not knowing whether to go in for the hug or not, because there's nothing worse than misreading it and they're like, why is this person hugging me? So like the fact that it's just a general rule now that we don't have to hug people, it's been such a nice relief that I don't have to worry about that, And now that restrictions deciding to ease again, I'm like, oh bloody hell. Yeah, Like I never realized until recently when people started to hug again, I was like, oh God, I've really missed not having that pressure.
Speaker 3: That was your ideal world social isolation.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. I mean no, but if people go in for the hug with me, I'm like, Okay, great, they've made the call. I just hate being the one to make the call. Like when I met Kyle Sandalin's now ex girlfriend Image in the first time, I went in for the hug and she wasn't weird about her, like, she's super chill, she's fine. But Pete, who works on the show as well, he was like, that was awkward, and like, obviously I'm an awkward person, so by nature a hug for me, it's going to be an awkward hug.
Speaker 3: And I was just like shut up, Pete.
Speaker 2: Out now, I'm extra anxious about it. I literally thought about it for weeks after. I was like, when I hugged the image and should I have done that? I just hate being the instigator of a hug and getting it wrong or worse when you don't go into the hug and it's kind of you linger like sea, Yeah, babe, do a hug or not?
Speaker 3: You know, I see, I've only I'm a hugger. I hug anyone and everyone. I love a hug. I'm just like very that person. Yeah, yeah, of course I hug everyone.
Speaker 2: Well, like I just I'm surprised by this because we've never hugged, so I've never seen that.
Speaker 3: But Jenny, you know that I hug heaps of people. We've hugged general, I've hugged I think a couple of times. I've had one awkward hug that I can distinctly remember that stands out.
Speaker 2: Who it was with Alicia Keys, Oh god, oh my god.
Speaker 3: It was so horrific, and I think she just poohed, you know what, you just pooh. You've got kind of a bit sensitive, right even talking.
Speaker 2: About this on the show, where you were like she was gone for a while not.
Speaker 3: Have done it Alisha ke pooh, but she definitely did an Alisha keys Wi or something because I was in her a debut single number two, track number two. She went into her bathroom and I was sitting in the living room waiting for a good ten minutes anyway, So she came back out her baby, her baby, sat down on the chair and then I'm like, Alicia, how are you? My arms were thrown out, and then she went good baby and did this. It just gave me her cheek to kiss, basically kissing her fucking inner ear.
Speaker 2: But her hands were like stuck by herself.
Speaker 3: A sardine in a can baby two b lead pencil just.
Speaker 2: Straight, so you're just there like Jeeter's on a cross.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she did not sweating, extremely nervous. I just had an in and out burger, so my lips were greasy. Yeah, that's my one awkward hug. But no, I kind of miss it to me, Ho, do you one?
Speaker 2: Are you the one that instigates it? But every time you are yeah.
Speaker 3: I always go hey, I always want my arms out.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, it's funny that you mentioned that, because I felt a little bit better about my awkwardness surrounding the hugs. After I did this quiz that one of my friends set me. It was like, take the love language quiz, and so it learns about how you a show love and also be how you prefer to receive it. And I my love language is acts of service and like gestures. So when I read that, I was like, oh, that makes sense because when I have my hand injury, one of my friends came over and helped me fold my washing because I couldn't do that it was too painful, and they made dinner for me. I literally cried. I was like, oh my god, I feel so love and then I was like, yeah, that is my love language. So I've got the quiz here. Actually I was going to see what yours is, but I'm sensing you just a bit of a fiddler.
Speaker 3: Let's be used against me and used to come. Let me do it. Let me do the test.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, Jenna, I'll send you the link so you can do it along too. I want to know your answers as well. All right, So if anyone wants to do it, you just look up Sciencefpeople dot com and then love Language quiz is Google. You'll be right it's by doctor Gary Chapman. Apparently. Okay, so let's pick in. I feel loved? When I feel loved?
Speaker 3: When?
Speaker 2: Is the first question? Multi choice? I get a loving, hardgo embrace from someone I care about. People show me they're thinking about me through gifts, People do things to help me. People want to spend time with me. People say nice things to me. I'm thinking that's you.
Speaker 3: People say nice things to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you love a good compliment?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: So you want to go that answer?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Look it in Okay, why did you do that? Sound of it? That's a tick for like getting something correct?
Speaker 3: Should I make it dramatic?
Speaker 2: No, it's fine to not have a sound effect when you are celebrating your birthday, Jenna, how fitting? Which of the following sounds best to you? I want everyone in my life to write me a special card, a birthday gift especially picked out for me, a shoulder rub or massage, or hug some people I love. I want someone to do all my chores and errands for one week. God, imagine that's you for a week and feel bad. No one needs to buy me anything. I just want to spend time with the people I care about. I think that was my answer. That's me actually, yeah, yep, that is you don't want to be bought anything.
Speaker 3: I love it, but I'd much rather have have like all the people that I love.
Speaker 2: Okay, my ideal day is spending leisurely time with family and friends. That's you getting things done or doing a special project, having a long, deep conversation with someone I care about, getting a massage, or going shopping. What's with the massage? They keep coming popping up?
Speaker 3: Well, so that's kind of creepy Epstein love a massage, but now that ended in here the first one.
Speaker 2: Spending time with family and friends. Lock it out, it's done. Stop with this, No, why are you doing this intense thing?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: No one's winning money. There's nothing on the line here. But it's finding out your love language.
Speaker 3: I just want it to be like, who wants to be a millionaire?
Speaker 2: Do you have any love themed music?
Speaker 3: I can find some here.
Speaker 2: Okay. I show I appreciate someone by giving them a high five, fist bump, or hug. You claim to be a hugger, So it could be spending the afternoon with them, doing something nice for them, saying nice things to them, or buying a token of appreciation. How do you appreciate someone or show them appreciate them?
Speaker 3: I buy them something nice.
Speaker 2: You buy them something nice.
Speaker 3: I'd be more inclined to go. You know what, they said they wanted this when they last spoke to them. I'll get them that. That'll dum up.
Speaker 2: Okay, alright, so buy nice thing. When I have a bad day, the thing that would help me the most is a big hug, commiserating and talking it through, having time with loved one of their friends, having someone make me dinner, treating myself to that special item I've always wanted that. I'll treat myself every time you have a bad day, you treat yourself a lot. Oh, here we go.
Speaker 3: This is nice.
Speaker 2: Actually that should be what you do when we reveal your love language.
Speaker 3: Fucking hell, sorry, the timing of a heart attack.
Speaker 2: Would you like to get a copy of them? Oh wait, this is him plugging his book. No thanks, Gary, get.
Speaker 3: A copy of it, Gary's best selling novel.
Speaker 2: Okay, we have the result.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: According to Science of People, your love language is quality time. Quality time is about spending time together, enjoying each other's company. Yeah, thanks Gary for man explaining that to me.
Speaker 3: You can read more about it in chapter seven.
Speaker 2: People who need quality time crave alone time with their loved one and want to catch up with them by having time alone where they can talk and bond. Yeah, the fact that you're unavailable to all your friends proves that not just hearing them, not just hearing from them or writing to them. You do not feel satisfied or happy unless you can be with the person or people you love. What discussing.
Speaker 3: I mean with family, yes, but with friends. I can go ten years without seeing someone. Yeah, I know this is only half right. What are the other options?
Speaker 2: There's physical touch, so showing love through hugging, cuddling, being intimate, et cetera. That's what you thought you were going to be with music gifts, So it doesn't require large or extravagant expensive gifts. It can be notes, CD's flowers or leaving a pastry.
Speaker 3: So I think I think that's it. I did the test wrong because sometimes hating to leave a little note and then he's done it once, I might do it more. That's what I like. I think that's really sweet, right, Okay, Like my mom on Valentine's Day used to get as little darily hearts and put it in our lunch boxes and say love you mum, and I thinking that made me feel so special.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, I think that kind of falls under mine as well acts of service, as long as it doesn't have to be an active service. But if they're just doing something to be like, oh I thought of you. I wanted to make your life a little bit easier or make your day a bit brighter, that's my type.
Speaker 3: You've done this for the podcast, you'll weep?
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally does?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Anyway, acts of service is the other one, and then words of affirmation. People who need words of affirmation need to hear from the people they love frequently and to feel live. See I feel like that's more you. Anyway, Jenny, you were doing the quiz over in your computer, doing your own answers. What did you get?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't think it's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why, I just don't.
Speaker 1: Why says my love language is words of affirmation?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Stop, Yeah, she certainly doesn't affirm us very much, and we don't really do we affirm you much.
Speaker 3: No, that's why she hates her job because we never tell her. All right, we'll pull the link up on some sort of socials because I mean, I don't think that was that bloody google it.
Speaker 2: Love language quiz Gary someone good point? The Science of People is the website nice all ready?
Speaker 8: For my?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: What do you got for us this week?
Speaker 3: Bradle you're on mic? Hold on.
Speaker 8: Mic?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 9: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Are you guys getting the weirdest Instagram sponsored post lately? Oh?
Speaker 2: Like ads?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 7: Are you? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yesterday I got one for the new South Wales Police Yeah, And I was like, I haven't been looking up anything today.
Speaker 2: They do have some pr work to do, the police don't do.
Speaker 3: I've got some weird ones today and I'll scroll up. I normally get like, you know, fucking Baker's Delight two for one, you know, Olive scrolls with cheese. I'm like, brilliant. That's my demo. It's like some Nintendo Switch thing which I'm obsessed with. It'll be some I don't know, some stupid comedy thing. But today and the last few days I got Hotels of North Korea oh sponsored and.
Speaker 2: It can't even go there.
Speaker 4: That's my fucking point.
Speaker 3: Hotels are p youong Yang now available link in bio to or order. Also fun fact, do you get a sponsored post every three posts now on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Never know, let me look in the feed.
Speaker 3: In the feed, I actually noticed it a lot when everyone was posting the black Squares, which I tell yeah, we'll talk more on that later.
Speaker 2: But dry July.
Speaker 3: Please not the Tiger demo. Then I got I went one, two three. Then I got truddeau kine wage is gone thanks to Asos Premiere delivery. It's just a photo of this board, just just a normal Instagram photo of a gay boy, not even gay. I don't even know. He's just smart. It's a selfie.
Speaker 2: What did they put money behind their own posts?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sponsored?
Speaker 3: And I'm getting it. Then I scroll down again and I get this Melissa Smith and it's a photo of the baby. It's no.
Speaker 2: I think there's something going on there. Surely these people aren't actually paying to boost their posts on Instagram and it's just serving them to random people. Like that's odd because I'm not getting that at all.
Speaker 3: That's why I wanted to ask you, how does it work? Do you just can you put back in behind any post?
Speaker 2: I mean, on Facebook it's a lot easier. Some would argue that boost singer posts on Facebook isn't overly effective, but Instagram I'm not that familiar with it. As I get on Instagram are like those come your anxiety with this game where you put the little ball and that shit. Yeh, like you complete the maze or that shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got that. I get this recurring one on TikTok and it's this guy talking to this girl. I think it's Japanese and she's like, someone is talking your Insta and he's like, oh, no, who you need instracker to find out?
Speaker 2: I get that constant either do you have the Insta tracer apps or have you had?
Speaker 3: I have had it when I got rid of it because it gave me severe crippling depression.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to know who's unfollowing me?
Speaker 1: Of course I have it?
Speaker 8: Do you?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So I know who's unfollowed me, So why unfollow them?
Speaker 2: Why does it bother you?
Speaker 1: Because I don't want to follow someone who's not following me.
Speaker 3: I agree. I lost ten followers on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Really, what did you do?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just checked my followers app and since I've had.
Speaker 2: Basically you do have one?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I do have one? Did I lie?
Speaker 2: You said?
Speaker 3: No? No?
Speaker 2: Are used to but it's so damaging to the mental health that I got rid of it.
Speaker 3: I forgot I have it depression. I'm fine. Four hundred and twenty nine followers lost since I got the app. That's a fucking lot of people that have just gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you've probably gained some to who your cares about that shit I have.
Speaker 3: Ben Porter Photo was the last person to unfollow me. Well, guess what, Ben Porter, I think you shot too close to the specimen. You're a shit photographer there always said it.
Speaker 2: I think your theory that it's every third post might be wrong because I literally can't find one. What have I done?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: I've got this one a pet safety cart seat.
Speaker 3: Send me the link. Please need one? Definitely, I've got one every three posts.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, that's very weird.
Speaker 5: Is that weird? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Look?
Speaker 3: Ready one two three sponsored? What one two three sponsored?
Speaker 2: What the hell? I don't have that at all?
Speaker 3: Oh, I got something wrong.
Speaker 2: I literally can't find any thoughts that oh here at night? There we go. Calm are your thoughts racing at night? Try calm. It's literally just an animation of keys dangling. That is calming. That's beautiful. Anyway, I think that might be a little bit tailored to me. But anyway, I'm not mad about that.
Speaker 3: I think so too. Instagram, if you're listening, please one get rid of the sponsored post and to delete Mitch Underscore Chury three underscores official. It's got thirteen followers in the cash. The buyer was free money. Just a podcast by a couple of midges listening to us on Spotify.
Speaker 2: Pitch follows, so you don't miss a second of this bullshit. And if you don't listen on Spotify and you listen on Apple, that's fine because you've got an extra capability there. You can leave us a review.
Speaker 3: You can't do that on Spotify, which is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I don't actually know what you can and can't do on Spotify because I don't have it. But yeah, we kept getting all these people being like, oh, listened on Spotify. There's no subscribe button. I was like, oh fine, I'll make one that says follow instead. But anyway, if you're on Apple, leave as the review. We can't have some nice words if you can think of any.
Speaker 3: We cad for everyone. We actually have a review coming in from Oh see if I can get this right, Scuzzy fourteen. Oh yes, beautiful name I think that's a Christian name, they commented. And I think we've had this person before. They said, five stars. I love you guys. I'm eleven and I love to listen going to bed. You were so funny and nice. You should change the name of the shows. Is it just me starring Jenna and a couple of mitches?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: Jenna is better?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 3: And and to enter Mitch is better? And to enter? Nah, Jenna is better. She's so funny and innocent.
Speaker 8: I love it.
Speaker 2: Innocent. She's literally over there with a Mini Tasor for her own enjoyment.
Speaker 3: She's got nails that could cut through a steel beam.
Speaker 1: I was born with them.
Speaker 2: Sure you were anyway. I do recall us getting a review once before that when they went out of their way to point out that they were eleven. Yeah, and we read it out. Maybe this person's trolling that I'm eleven.
Speaker 3: But you can't write, oh maybe they are.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See that's a very funny in joke, scazy fourteen. If that's true.
Speaker 2: If they actually are eleven, that's alarming. If we've got multiple eleven year olds this thing, because I don't think they're appropriate twenty fourteen.
Speaker 3: No, that to make them sick. So I thought maybe that was the year old born, and maybe that even.
Speaker 2: I thought maybe the maps, what mean that would make them? Would that even make them sick?
Speaker 3: No, it wouldn't. No, it would make them six Yet twenty to fourteen, six seven or nineteen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, yeah, six quick math.
Speaker 2: Twenty fourteen doesn't feel that long ago at all.
Speaker 3: Twenty fourteen I was in studying Theater School doing the Tempest really on Pitt Street.
Speaker 2: What's the Tempest?
Speaker 3: Shakespeare?
Speaker 2: Shakespeare one of his worst I'd do it a fellow do, but we adapted it to a modern There were you know what theater school.
Speaker 3: Well, no you don't. I can't say that, yes they do. Did you get it neither? Yeah, of course I can tell you just stand like a nider grad. And they were like, we're doing a fellow, which is like traditional Shakespeare and like, but in a modern setting. I was like, okay, They're like, we're in a Starbucks. It was the dumbest thing I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 2: But was it the same language? Like you still spoke really?
Speaker 3: Oh god?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah yeah, we had to do that, but you try and modern it up with Hamlet that we were on Australian Idol, So that's three witches.
Speaker 3: What the fun with the judges? That's brilliant. You knew I should have gone tonight.
Speaker 2: But if you're going to change the setting, shouldn't you change the language being used?
Speaker 3: No, you can't, because that's that's blasphemy.
Speaker 2: You can't change pretty blasphemous to make it at Starbucks as well, and like pretending like one of the witches is marsha hein that's his bloody stupid Let's do Harry Potter but instead we're in a submarine. Let's do Twilight, but instead we're all dogs.
Speaker 3: Like, No, let's do Titanic, except it's a car that crash.
Speaker 2: It High school musical, except it's nursing home musical. Get up your wheelchair? May I have this dance?
Speaker 3: Grease but set in a prison that's horrific.
Speaker 2: Happy Gilmore, but instead of playing golf, he plays bingo.
Speaker 3: Happy Feet, except it's all about sign language.
Speaker 2: What I'm trying to now to think of a movie that just completely changes once you can alter the setting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Priscilla Quit of the Desert, but they're in Antarctica.
Speaker 2: The Hunger Games, but instead of fighting to the death. They're just sorting it out over an adult discussion.
Speaker 3: It's really annoying.
Speaker 2: Stop whistling, anyway. I think that's enough of that to be done. No one's got any other.
Speaker 3: I think of one. When I'm lying in bed tonight, I'll kick myself. It'll be hilarious and no one will laugh.
Speaker 2: Anyway. We should move on because I have a phone call to make him.
Speaker 3: I'm excited for this.
Speaker 2: Yes, you might have heard that theme music at the end of his YouTube videos. All right, Hey, I don't know if you call himself a YouTuber these days. That's kind of the job title I have cemented with his brain in my mind, right, but I don't know what he'd be these days. It's kind of across everything facing Yeah. Sure, influence a sure, And in fact it was of his tiktoks. Like I mentioned that, I have a bone to pick with him about. So we're going to dial him up now chill. All right, Hey, Comma, I've told him that we're calling. It doesn't know what about. Hello, Hi darling, it's me, Hi Joe. How are you No, It's so good, Thanks for coming on. I'm here too, Yeah, mentioned jener here as well.
Speaker 9: Hi everyone, how are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're actually we're recording, by the way, so yeah, don't say anything, dumb, you're already on. It's going to dial you up.
Speaker 3: He has no idea what he's calling for, does he?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, So it's actually I'm not happy.
Speaker 9: Why what with me?
Speaker 3: Yes, you're in the doghouse all right.
Speaker 2: You've posted a TikTok that I was highly offended by.
Speaker 9: Oh no, which one?
Speaker 2: I've got it here. I'm going to play it for you, all right. You guys haven't heard it either, Mitch and Dinner first time. You'll know as soon as you hear it. Why I'm upset here.
Speaker 4: It is if you well from Australia. We need to have an open discussion right now about Red Rooster. But how are they still in business? Seriously, which one of you works there? You've got to tell us, like, what are you doing to make money? How are you making money? Because your chicken is.
Speaker 3: You've done fucked up.
Speaker 2: So it kind of cut off at the end there, But if it wasn't clear, he was going like a vomit sound effect to imply that their chicken is not the most glorious thing in the world. What the fuck or i'd hate Oh.
Speaker 9: My god, is it not like you honestly, Rain?
Speaker 3: No, No, The thing is I've been here before. I shared your opinion when this show started, and I didn't really see the love of Red Rooster. But I made the error and it really pissed Mitch off.
Speaker 2: So I would like to just draw attention to one thing. Firstly, what am I wearing?
Speaker 3: Jenna?
Speaker 2: What can you see right now? Just so exactly, Mitchell? What is on the desk in front of you? A fresh pair a Red Rothe's socks sent to us because of the amount of love we have for Red Resa Well I do specifically, why didn't they send me one? I've got plenty if you want some? Oh okay, yeah can I So I just want to know what's your beef with Red Rooster, bra because I feel like they've really lifted their game recently, like they're good shit.
Speaker 9: I wouldn't know, because honestly, I don't pay them any attention, just like the rest of Australia. Oh, I'm sorry. When I literally drive past every Red Rooster, there's never, ever, ever a customer insight. I used to work at McDonald's before I was Australie's biggscl Amazon. I was, you know, in the fast bit industry, and we were actually right next to a Red Rooster and we don't think we saw one customer in the years that I worked there. We thought, how are they stealing business? Like, what are they doing? There's got to be something going on there.
Speaker 2: Do you know what they've done? They were ahead of their time. They started doing Red Roosa delivery before everyone got on board with the Uber eats and macis was easily accessible, so they would have been cars filled with morons lined up around the street time trying to get macers. But people who shop at Red Roosa, they're they're smart. They was sitting at home getting it delivered.
Speaker 3: You see.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 9: No, see, I think that speculation. You've got no proof of that. I'm sorry, I'm not that as an argument. You can bring me statistics from Red Rooster. It's just how many people delivered. This is how we stand in business. I mean, if you go and check the comments of that fixed off you can see that Australia, most of Australia agrees with me. There's about three comments on there, one from you Mitchell, and the rest of them are like, it's got to be a scam. What's going on? Like how are they making money? And I remember as a child, I think it all went down to them. You know what, I actually know what it is. It all went down to them when they stopped serving the blue pop tops with their kids' meals.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know exactly what you mean.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And from that moment forward, kids everywhere when naps, we're going to macs because they've got more range and they don't have the cool drinks, and then more they only have orange juice and apple juice. I would have want that when I can go and get a sprite. And I think that that generation now less. Red Rooster in the dark. And you know what, it's probably just because you were from bogan Gate and you didn't realize it.
Speaker 2: Honestly, in the country, Red Rooster is considered on par with all the other fast food like KFC, Machas and Red Rooster are the same in terms of like hierarchy. It's hungry jacks, it's down low. It's only when I moved to the city that I realized there's some sort of snobbery about it. But here's the thing, where are adults. Now forget your fucking blue popper, honey, because here's the thing. I've recently took one of my KFC loving friends to Red Rooster and they had it, and they said, I feel less disgusting after eating this. You know, when you have KC you feel all greasy and your paws are fucked and you feel guilty. There's no guilt with Red Rooster. There's something about it just feels cleaner, you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: What's funny is I absolutely agree with the KFC thing. I feel like you get so hyped up for KFC and you're like, yes, I'm gonna have KFC, Like this is something that I never really have very often. But when I have KFC, I'm like, here we go, girls, wrong, come on, let's hull kit and kaboodle. And then you have it and you go, oh wish.
Speaker 3: I went to macas I regret Are you being paid by macis? There's a lot of macers praise.
Speaker 9: I was paid by macis for many years, but then I got a real job.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: We were actually just saying before we got you on the phone, I said, I was about to introduce you as a YouTuber, all right, hey, But then I'm like, that's probably not his main game anymore. Like, what would you call yourself?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 9: Wait, just a glamazonj.
Speaker 2: Glamizon, you DJ you obviously post drug videos everywhere, drag queen exactly. So I think Glamazon just sums it up, right.
Speaker 9: I think you know that I have never wanted to be put in a box, and so my career has literally been every aspect of the entertainment industry that you can think of. I've got my comedy shows coming up. I'm apparently a comedian.
Speaker 2: Now, oh yeah, you have to postpone them, right.
Speaker 9: I know, because of miss Rona. She's come into the building and stolen all the VIP tickets. So I'm hoping I'm hoping to see a few of you there. You're going to come along to the show I was planning to.
Speaker 2: I remember, I was going to buy tickets with one of my friends and then the whole Rona thing happened. So when's it happening?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 9: Excuse me? The show's actually sold out before Rona happened. But yes, okay, I'll give you that. I wanted to see Jenna there though, because I need to see these cat claws in real life.
Speaker 3: Yes, No, if you haven't booked security yet, you can hire Jenna. She's brilliant. Just stands at the door and scratch all the late the late comers.
Speaker 2: Do you have any date for the shows?
Speaker 9: We do, but I'm just not announcing that just yet. I don't know whether we're going to have a second wave or anything like that. Yeah, Dave locked in. They're going to go ahead if everything goes according to plan.
Speaker 3: Well, why don't we because you know Red Rooster big fans of this show. They've actually sent us a couple of gift cards, right, we have some lie.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, we've got vouchers to give away.
Speaker 3: Why don't we send one? All right, Hayes Way, and we get him to review it on his story, have a review and he doesn't have to. If you want it to be public, you can make it public or you can make a follow up TikTok. I'm sure the haters will love it. Eating a half chicken roll? Is that what's called carter chicken roll? Half chicken roll?
Speaker 2: It's a rooster roos eating a rooster roll.
Speaker 3: We'll pay for it. You don't have to pay for a cent. Would you eat it? And would you do an official review.
Speaker 9: So you had me at free too.
Speaker 8: In the world.
Speaker 9: As I said, I'm getting it for free.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Matt and I that's his real name. We went to Katie Perry's witness to us. So I know for a fact you are a sucker for an underdog. So I'm thinking you will frothfread Reesa and you, like me, will be telling everyone it's fucking underrated. You guys don't know what you're missing out on.
Speaker 9: Okay, look, I'm going to have to turn this into a whole Facebook video like it's going to be a whole a production for this. But you give me that boucher. I'm going to go document my entire experience and I'll come back to you a s A P with the results.
Speaker 3: All I want to add is you need to try the pineapple for it to trust me. I'm a big boy. Oh my god, that will change your life. Just get one with your chicken, all right, I'll do it.
Speaker 9: Then you give me whatever you want me to try that you think will change my mind.
Speaker 2: I'll come with your babe. Because we used to do YouTube collabs back in the day. I'll go check out part two on his channel. All that shit. So it's been a while. We'll have to dust off the old vlogging camera.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Absolutely. I don't even know where.
Speaker 3: Mine is general, and I can just fucking sit it high.
Speaker 2: I saw I saw a post of yours, Matt the other day where you were like, three years ago I hit eighty thousand subscribers on YouTube, and then you were like, and now I've got seventy nine thousand, thanks for unsubsiding your fuck. Do you think that YouTube's dead?
Speaker 9: I think it's dead for certain people. I think it's booming for others. I think that there are a lot of us who have been absolutely left in the dust when it comes to YouTube, but there are people absolutely killing it. I think they're really focusing on making it a kid friendly platform to with Netflix Kids, and so that's kind of the route they're going down, and they want it to be a lot like cleaner, And so for me it was hard to you know, because I've got to look at it from a job perspective. If that's not paying my bills, I can't afford to make YouTube videos anymore, especially.
Speaker 2: If you're trying to make them really like kid friendly. Every time I upload something now for my work, it makes you tick all these specifics. It's like, oh, does this contain light profanities? Is it suitable for children? You have to go through all these things that you wouldn't have to do on any other platform.
Speaker 9: And you know, as a creator and you want creative control of everything, you don't want to be limited to their rules and sort of things like that. So I just decided to say, you know what, no more YouTube, Let's go to Facebook. Facebook's awesome. It's so much easier for more people to see my things, It's so much easier for people to enjoy the content. And yeah, it's been the best decision I've made. So you can find me on Facebook now. Everyone listening, thank you?
Speaker 3: So yeah said get a done? All right?
Speaker 2: Hey, whatever works for you. You're also on TikTok. Of course, that's where I saw the offensive one. Can I just ask, how the fuck did you get a blue tick? Because no offense. I've got more followers than you.
Speaker 9: You know what's funny is I don't actually know. One day, I just work out and it was ticked blue. And I think it comes down to the fact that TikTok and Instagram are competing, and I think I've worked out a little scam with TikTok, and it's if you have followers on other platforms and you link it to your TikTok, TikTok, TikTok actually recognizes that and will bump you up in the algorithm. Im because I've grown. I just hit fifty k and I've been on at the hot second and that's more than my Instagram now. And I think that's TikTok player of saying, you know, use our platform instead of instead of the other ones, that.
Speaker 2: We're right, So you do not have the blue tick on Instagram?
Speaker 9: No, you know what. I've been in cohoots with them for so long trying to get it, and I eventually it was actually good having the blue tick on TikTok because I actually went to Instagram and said, hi, motherfuckers, look what they did. Yeah, they got it done for me quick start. I didn't even have to ask. It's just with Instagram though, it's just because I don't use my real name on social media. I go by all Right hay and obviously that's all Right Hayes not on my driver's license.
Speaker 2: Oh but like, hello, does Lady Gaga have like Stephanie on her Instagram. There's a blue tick there.
Speaker 9: I've given them all these arguments and more love. They're not budging, so I've just accepted the fact that I won't be having a blue tick.
Speaker 2: On Instagram spewing. Well anyway, all right, Hayes, where you can stalk him. Like I mentioned once mths Rohner has well and truly fucked off. We'll have our red breaster feed and we'll have to get you in the studio as well.
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, absolutely, I'm excited to be back. I haven't been to the new studio yet.
Speaker 3: It looked very last it's very fancy.
Speaker 9: You'll love it right up my alley.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, darl and we'll catch you soon, all right, love you n leave the girls, all right. I forgive, but I never forget. Don't have a bag read Ruth through a game by bye. Fine, you didn't even remember their happy Birthday dinner, so rude.
Speaker 3: Boston and we ended nicely. But there's a real fuck stick that one.
Speaker 2: You've definitely hung up right.
Speaker 3: Oh she's still there now, he's right, he was good. All right, we have to send him out that voucher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll make it happen.
Speaker 3: Well, what a pleasure. Of a show sort of running bit overtime. It was a big one. Thank you to Georgie. What's her hashtag again?
Speaker 2: It's at get Baked with Georgie on Instagram. There's also a Facebook page as well.
Speaker 3: Lovely give her a follow, give her a like? Can you subscribe from out of a YouTube channel making the cookies? Who knows? Anyway, she probably would have mentioned it.
Speaker 2: I think these things are okay to say, is thoughts Dalan?
Speaker 3: Just like just tyrat?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, doesn't Happy birthday Jenna, Thank you, we love you. We've given you a card. Open that in your own.
Speaker 2: Having another cookie? Sorry, I know that yours, but fucking.
Speaker 3: Chuck me when I have one. We'll see you back next week. Not quoe, Sure, what's happening? Which one do we have on? You know it's not probably some sort of slow guest or some super international stuff. We're going to end it with a good friend of the show, Take it away down, whither you go a breakway.
Speaker 8: Here wanting to say happy birthday to ground Keeper Jenna. I assume your name is ground that's really nice name, ground keeper Jenna. Anyway, Happy birthday from Daryl of Corefield.
Speaker 2: You assume wrong. Dads. I assume your name's Brown. I'm not even a good dad joke anyway, terrible, all right, see next week, Thanks for listening, guys. See yeah, welcome, I know, sorry, Welcome to a d DE brief. The bonus bit on the end where we aren't really required to focus. That's why we call that we have a debrief and we have well I have a d D. So it's a good opportunity to just switch to my brain off. Don't have to bother trying to concentrate now.
Speaker 3: And I'm undiagnosed. I lent on the button on it with my elbow. Live tweeting is open. I think we're having some technical and we are. We trades cookies are good trends saying we have some technical difficulties. But you can tweet through the sheld anytime gives a call these fucking cookies, I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: What we call them. Sorry, this is not good content.
Speaker 3: Terrible radio Jenna. We did give you a card earlier on, so why don't you go ahead and open.
Speaker 2: The very rude you meant to open the card first. You don't wait.
Speaker 3: Your language is quickly being a cunt joking.
Speaker 1: Read it out the front says, on your hundredth birthday, straight joy, that's a cup of tea.
Speaker 2: I actually asked Mitch to get one hundred and something, but apparently birthday cards ended one hundred. I've just googled the oldest the world's oldest person one and twenty two. What a miserable twenty two years? So they got no cards?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Fuck that?
Speaker 2: What it would have mean? Some generic rubbish.
Speaker 3: It's one hundred years old? On that that's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Jenna here, would you want us to read the card out?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Please? So can you crank that old birthday music?
Speaker 3: I'm gotting it now into a long lot of effort to make it.
Speaker 2: Lady Jenner, how fair is the Sucheth wishing vinst are most quaint and blessed annual birth festivities. It is our fervent hope that Vinst enjoys a jolly good sponge and a warm worm and a warm berghemot on this one hundredth eve, bestowing a god ye goodmorrow full of grace, thanks be to the Church. One necessaries are embarked. Farewell are you? Mitch and Mitcheth?
Speaker 3: Absolutely beautiful?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, we.
Speaker 3: Actually have never got to the end of this song. So this, this recording was from your birthday. What year, yester year?
Speaker 1: What was it, seventeen Jenna, seventeen twenty.
Speaker 3: This is a live recording. Actually you're on the stage, they're all Wavy Duke was there. You were killed that it was horrific.
Speaker 2: That's the audio now more than ever you needed to lead the gun sound effect.
Speaker 3: Sorry, actually no, it is right now, will it's not funn I shouldn't playing gunshot sound effects everything that's going on in the world.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's what I meant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh there you go, picked up on it. Yeah, actually we should talk about that because that was not a joke in reference to that at all. But there's a lot happening right around the world and it's sort of affecting Australia now, which I think it's great. I think it's really good.
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny because you say it's affecting Australia now, but it's actually always been.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: So let's just say, for instance, aake, someone is listening to these podcast in like two years time, can you just give context of where we're at in terms of world news right now.
Speaker 3: Well, obviously the horrendous killing of George Floyd. I'm getting that right. Yeah, George Floyd in Minnesota and he was killed by a white police officer. And now we're up to like day six of riots and peaceful protests. I should probably say they're not riots.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's sparked a lot of we wont put up with this shit anymore, and rightly so. And he is an in gym on the fly either just me or did you feel very guilty for being unaware of the situation in Australia, Yeah, because it's kind of what happened in the US. What is happening in the US, I should say, yeah, has everyone a lot of media in Australia. It's been a good opportunity to be like, oh, by the way, this has been happening to Indigenous Australians for a long time, unfair treatment by police officers. I've been, yeah, consuming a lot of media around it because I was just like, holy shit, I had well, I mean I knew. I think everyone kind of knew, but we just never it was not really spoken about.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing though, and it's hard and who are we three white, very privileged young people I know to talk on the topic.
Speaker 2: Do you know, hold on, I'm gonna find friend of the show, Nick Kelly Love. He put something on Twitter that kind of really summed up like what my thoughts have been recently, because I know that you do on the flight. Is it just me? Or do you just not know what to do to help? Like you feel like you should do something, but it's like is that my place?
Speaker 9: What do I do?
Speaker 3: I also feel like there's a lot of pent up guilt from me. Yes, but I haven't done enough. But no one wants to hear about my body white guilt. It's not my time to vent and get it off est.
Speaker 1: I think also it's important that we don't stop talking about this once it stops trending. It's an issue that is ongoing and has to be addressed and acknowledged. And it's not just for the likes and all that. It's a systemic issue that needs changing.
Speaker 2: So Nick wrote, I feel so exceptionally helpless. My natural instinct is to listen actively, to learn, to amplify black voices, shut the fuck up, and learn. But it's not enough. All I want to do is my bit, but I don't know what is the most effective and meaningful contribution. I can make. I've donated, I'm learning and sharing what I learn, but I'm so conscious of drowning out black voices and the people we learn we should be learning from and acting on the learnings. And then I feel so fucking selfish for even thinking all this, because it's not about me. I just want to contribute meaningfully, and I want to learn so much. I just hope my tiny contribute and it is meaningful, which is kind of where I'm at. I'm like, oh, like, I don't just want to post a bloody black square on my Instagram. I've donated and I'm planning to attend the protests in Sydney on Saturday for Black Lives Matter. But yeah, I'm just like, is that enough like to feel?
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: I think it's all about also acknowledging that it's a problem.
Speaker 2: And like I said, I wasn't aware of the I A lot of people shy away and get scared, and I was definitely in that bucket for a while, like especially in high school, especially living in the Shire, which is so so it's so sheltered, there's such a bubble and it's so white, it's such old money, and it really is a breeding ground for a lot of racism.
Speaker 3: It's horrific to go to school in the Shire for anything but straight and white. Really it is, and that is the way a lot of us are brought up. So I've had all this shame and guild about talking about it, but I think you're right. You have to and you have to keep talking about it. We can't just do this episode on it and then you know, not talk about it until there's another killing, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Yeah, yeah, I know. It's one of those things that I'm like, oh God, I don't want to say the wrong thing, don't want to listen back to this and be like, oh I should have you know, given out links to donut or something. Yes, it's a tricky one, but you know they've been saying amplify, amplify black voices and something people can do. Hell, I might actually post it on our Facebook because one of the Studio ten panelists they've got on there now is no RelA Jacobs. She's Indigenous and also LGBT.
Speaker 3: She I love that.
Speaker 2: So she did a big backstory on Studio ten about lots of Indigenous Indigenous deaths in custody in Australia and a lot of them are like unsolved, and a lot of them just been like, oh well, not guilty, even though it's really sus I actually watched a documentary the other day. It's called what was it? The Tall Man? It was about Indigenous death in custody and I'm not something about it since it's so for long. Yeah, I remember it. I might actually share that on Facebook Nomela Jacob's talking on Studio ten, because that was a good insight from her.
Speaker 3: Well, there was a Royal commission into Indigenous deaths in custody in Australia like nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nineteen ninety one, nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 3: And it has only gotten worse since then. There's been something. I'm gonna get my facts wrong, but it's almost like upwards of five hundred deaths since the inquest happened, which is horrendous. That's meant to stop those times.
Speaker 1: Only two officers have been charged for the real those dance And I remember when I was living in Melbourne there was an Indigenous woman who was killed by the police on a tram. She'd fallen asleep, she'd been on a long journey.
Speaker 2: I think I read about that recently and.
Speaker 1: The police assumed, you know, that she was drunk and disorderly and all that when she was simply just sleeping. And her daughter was actually on the project recently talking about it, and they asked her, do you think this same treatment would have happened if she was white? And the daughter was like, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: Can you go what's their name?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me just get that up.
Speaker 3: Yes, of course they wouldn't. That's the thing, Like we go out and like, I'm not scared to walk through the middle of the night at midnight like on my own, but people of color can be because they are just so much more inclined to, you know, involved in those kinds of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's it's it's weird because I went to a boarding school in the country and there were lots of indigenous people at the school, and I never ever thought to ask them, Hey, are you more frightened to walk down the street than I am? It's it's yeah, it's it feels shit that that thought never crossed my mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree. Anyway, all we can do is continue to voice it and continue to talk about it. Sorry, I should say, and donate. So I've donated to like four different charities The Minnesota Freedom Fund was the first one I donated to, which is like paying for people who are being arrested in the protests in the US. It's paying for their bailout. And then I can't remember that the young boy who was like arrested the other day. Did you see that the Indian is Australian the police officer, Yeah, today, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, Like that was horrific, And I hate that people are saying, Oh, but did you hear the things that he was saying to the police officer. There's no excuse to physically abuse somebody.
Speaker 3: Also, the police commissioner came out today and said that police officer was having a bad day.
Speaker 1: And that that society doesn't want to see him.
Speaker 3: Correct. But the stupid thing is I had a bad day yesterday and like I just looked in had a fucking bag of chips. Like I didn't, I didn't push a child onto the ground. Yeah, like that's not an excuse for any form of violence and brutality. It's disgusting.
Speaker 1: And that woman's name is Tenure Day. Yeah she died seventeen days after falling asleep on a train. But yeah, it's really it's horrific. And she was doing absolutely nothing wrong. Yeah, and she didn't resist or anything. She was just and apparently there were others on that tram who were sleeping as well, white people and they were just laid off, which is pathetic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no good anyway, Look, it's hard, and like I said this, I still feel like I'm going to say something wrong and like I feel like I'm treading on ehls. But that shouldn't be the case. We should be able to talk about it openly and freely.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna put that Nerelda Jacob's thing from thredeo ten on our Facebook page. Couple of mitches. We'll put some links there as well for some of the places we've donated with other people as well. But yeah, I've still got this feeling around like, oh is it enough like I've donated, I'm going to share stuff I'm going to I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just feel like, oh, I literally don't know what to do. I have toy and help fix that being you know you know what.
Speaker 3: I think the key is educating yourselves, not you, which I have no I agree. I felt the same on Monday, and I'm like shit, so I literally sat in bed when I finished work at midnight and I was just reading and getting the stats, which absolutely blew my mind.
Speaker 2: To the tall man it with a full on documentary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's one on Netflix. Oh my god, I don't know what it's called. I'm going to get it quickly. It's on Netflix and it blew my mind. Thirteenth It's called The Thirteenth on Netflix. Go watch that with it about it's about how am I going to say this?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: It's about police brutality.
Speaker 2: And the lives that is it American?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right, the Black Americans face and the brutality that they face and have faced four years. People. You know, a lot of people say slavery is over and great, you know we've done our thing. We have not done our thing. You know, slavery ending is not even a quarter of the lives of the history of black people, Like they've been enslaved the majority of their existence. Horrific.
Speaker 2: I've been putting a lot more of my focus on the Indigenous Australian perspective because, yeah, obviously the stuff happening in America is all over TV and nightfully so like it's unfolding now, it's breaking news. Whatever but yeah, I've been really surprised that the lack of coverage around Indigenous Australians with like I said, I'll share the studio attend thing.
Speaker 1: And another interesting fact I've read today was that Indigenous Australians, more Indigenous Australians are in custody than anywhere else in the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Really, yes, And the thing is they make up oh I'm going to butcher it again, but say seven percent of the whole population, but they make up over thirty percent of the incarcerated population, which is which ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeap, shouldn't be that way exactly. And I think it's important to talk about these issues and just acknowledge that it's happening. Yeah, I know that today. Well recently on Jones and Amanda. Amanda did a video about it, just saying what she thought about it, and there was a lot of backlash from the WSFM community, who it's mainly consisting of over.
Speaker 2: Sixties, wealthy, white privilege people.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I think it's you know, the COT like what constant all lives matter.
Speaker 2: Insteads Yes, and.
Speaker 1: You know, government payouts and all that, and it's just so ingrained in their mind, this racism.
Speaker 3: It's a real cultural issue in Australia that they.
Speaker 1: Don't even realize they're being racist and that's just how they are. But the thing is, it's about acknowledging that, you know, they are disadvantaged and the only way to move forward is to look back at what we've done, the stolen generation and everything, and you know, acknowledging that that happened. I think it's all about acknowledgment.
Speaker 2: I saw it think the other day that was like, it's not about it's not like you know, us three have changed their minds and gone, Okay, we won't be racist anymore, because like none of us were racist or are racist. But I saw a thing that when my headphone fell out. Shit, I saw a thing the other day that was like, oh, it's not about being not racist, it's about being anti racist, so like calling out people for inappropriate jokes and stuff. And I'm like, that's a good point actually, because just like ignoring and being like, oh, well I didn't say the inappropriate joke, so it's fine. Yeah, is especially now no longer enough. So I guess that it's good things have come of this. I suppose that.
Speaker 3: And I think the big thing is ignorance plays a massive part. If you don't want to learn, that's on you and stay ignorant. But if you want to learn and educate yourself, I think you that's the most important thing. Sit down, take some time out of your day to educate yourselves on everything happening in your own country, in your own suburb. I mean, that poor boy that was attacked by the police happened in Marubra, which is ten minutes fromhere I live, like I would not have known about that otherwise it wasn't exactly, So do yourself a favor and educate because it's it's how we're going to get through this, I think. But then again I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all about empathy.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's very tricky to try and segway from this into something else, it really is. We can just end the show here, I suppose we could.
Speaker 3: There's a time and the place. Oh my god, that liner, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Maybe we need to link that too as well as the time.
Speaker 3: That's not that's fine.
Speaker 2: People are setting shit on fire in the US, so okay, we were talking about tas before as well. Don't link everything I do back, No, No, that was that was me actually, I think I brought up that it's a Tata.
Speaker 1: It's actually.
Speaker 2: Just suddenly everything feels in appropriately.
Speaker 3: It really does. We need to stick clear? Well, what can we do?
Speaker 2: God, Mitchell, your fat I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm trying.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to lighten the mood.
Speaker 3: Discriminate against me. I'm fine with the bloody hell. Well, we should win and with a high. I don't know what should we do. The one thing I do know is that the phone lines right, guys, you can call through any time eight at eight ninety six four three nine two oh one six two eight nine four.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't have had that second cookie. It's given me that sugar headache.
Speaker 3: Yeah see that's about my fourth that I'll get what. My body's becoming quite accustomed to the sugar rush. I had a coke at eleven o'clock last night, and then by two am I couldn't sleep. I'm like, what have I done? You had a fucking full, strange coco idiot.
Speaker 2: The coke doesn'tly work for me, like in terms of making me.
Speaker 3: Up, No, yeah, I feel you. I'm more of a I'm a coffee. I have to have three shots of coffee to really wake up in the morning.
Speaker 2: God, yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: Why becoming a problem? I think I've just like become accustomed to it. I really need the coffee.
Speaker 2: I mean I technically have three shots, but they're all separate coffee, So throughout the morning, I have one when I get here at five thirty, and then I have another one. I go up to the roof at like maybe six forty, and then I'll go I'm up again at eight thirty. I mean, it's bloody on tap for free. Why wouldn't I have as much coffee as I can get?
Speaker 3: Very true? Do you get tempted to have a like a smoke when you're up there with like kJ.
Speaker 2: And no, it's something. I mean, I will confess. When I'm drunk at a club, I suddenly really crave them. I go to the smokers area, I'm like yeah, and like so yeah, that's the only time I really crave them. But daytime smoking, especially in summer, it makes me feel ill when I see people smoking, because I don't think i've I don't remember the last time I had a cigarette while sober, like it it's something about me being drunk and I'm like, oh, yeah, that'll be complimenting it well, but then I always regret it the next day because my throat's all croaky and like, yeah, and my hair smells of cigarettes. Like it's never ever a good decision and it always feels like a good idea at the time.
Speaker 3: Then you scratch your face like three days later and your fingers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like what the fuck? Yeah, I always always regret it. But yeah, every time I see someone, especially in summer, like if I'm driving home and I see someone on a forty dego day, see any of your stop smoking, I literally want to vombit because the idea of that is just so fucked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree. I hates the inside of your body. I'm like, yuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I seem to recall sober cigarettes. They give you like a weird head spin and you're like, I'm like, oh god, I've got to sit down because I'm already drunk. It's kind of my head spinning already. So like you don't feel it. They yeah, anyway, I don't recommend it.
Speaker 3: No, I feel like I actually feel my arteries just closing. Yeah, cigarette when I'm sober, when I'm drunk, nothing, I just like you chobout like a seagull at apart, but like, when I'm sober, can't do it. Jenna, do you like smoking?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Have you ever had one?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Just checking.
Speaker 2: Jenna and I went to Amsterdam.
Speaker 3: Stays in Amsterdam.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's really all there is to it. We just smoked a lot of weird holy ship on a boat and that's Oh my god, Amsterdam.
Speaker 3: Did you get lost? No, we just what happened. We tried.
Speaker 2: We went to one of the coffee shops over there. We just code for weed shop and it's totally legal, and we tried. We got some edibles, had some brownies, and we went back to the hotel room and we were convinced that we couldn't feel it. We're like, oh, it's nothing. And then I went to the bathroom and I was like, girls, I think I'm feeling it. And then as I walked past, Jenna was lying down on her motel room bed and I walked past the into the bed and accidentally knocked her foot and she just goes, oh, yeah, I'm definitely feeling it because that touch would have just felt so different because of her brains, and yeah, she was just like oh. And then we got up and then we were like wandering around Amsterdam, just like, oh my god, we are off our tits. And then we remembered that we booked this canal cruise and so we're just cooked this shit on this boat and there's all these couples dressed up having a lovely time. We're just like, holy fun.
Speaker 1: And they're going through like Amsterdam history and I'm sitting there like.
Speaker 3: There's some Italian man with a bare ray on. He's got a striped shirt. My memories just go.
Speaker 1: Back to that bed. And then we're on that boat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then that's it. And we were so devastated. And when we realized that we booked that canaluy were like, fuck, we forgot about that because we went and got the things first thing in the morning. We're like, oh, we have to go all day glazed.
Speaker 3: Jesus hit your poor fuck is. I did that when I lived in Brooklyn in New York.
Speaker 2: I don't say poor fuckers. I loved it, really jenuous with a new experience.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh see, I did it alone the first time, and it was the worst decision on a rooftop in Brooklyn and I fell. I was on my rooftop and fell into like the balcony ledge and it broke it on the top of the Landlord. I fell, I tripped over gardening. I just fell into the railing high an awful experience.
Speaker 1: I also remember we went to the rooftop of the hotel and just stood there.
Speaker 3: Yeah we did.
Speaker 1: I don't know what we did there.
Speaker 2: Wow, beautiful view.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I feel you. I remember looking out on Manhattan and just like looking at the lights and they were like dancing.
Speaker 1: But we were at a popover part of town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was nothing.
Speaker 3: Look at the holiday in Express like beautiful.
Speaker 7: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: I had A three? Your life being cooked? We've never listened to our podcast in half Speed, another edition of the Apple podcast app that Spotify doesn't offer. Actually it could for all I know.
Speaker 3: No, should we sit let's save this. No, we can do it as a bit. It's a segment.
Speaker 2: No, because like Carl and Dachio do it, we'll just be sealing this ship. We're just gonna do it now because it was it's relevant. So this is last week us talking about Georgia Gardener's mispronunciation.
Speaker 3: But half Speed wouldn't have pronounce ready, so I meant to sound baked.
Speaker 2: It definitely makes it sound cooked.
Speaker 5: O fuck, come on eliving this sound and need the charge by Farward, it's my favorite.
Speaker 2: Pronounce.
Speaker 5: You better keep.
Speaker 2: Going these all the ship jokes. We were actually laughing Jenner's laughs out horn.
Speaker 3: Tell you what last Christmas, I was up with Judy in the North Coast around Cairns and we were hit by an awful cycloen not funny, no one was.
Speaker 5: I remember my friend Seamous in primary school. He got me to sign his cast after he broke his collar bow.
Speaker 3: And you know, back in high school.
Speaker 2: Anyway, jes you can imagine a sitting around on the bloody loundering floor, rip and cone and having that conversation.
Speaker 3: That it's the funniest thing in the world.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ's actually for some reason, I now feel cooked too. Lulled me into that state of mind without a single substance.
Speaker 3: I'm ready for bed. I got a whole radio show to do. Poor it was me. All right, We're back next week, Same old, same old. It's gotta be fun. Happy birthday, Jenna, thank you. How are you spending it with a family.
Speaker 1: I'm just reminiscing on old times. Just how are you actually reminiscing on old times?
Speaker 3: That's something. Family is fair enough.
Speaker 2: I can't be great to that, can I?
Speaker 3: Are you having lunch or dinner with fam.
Speaker 1: With the mining community, Jenna, I try.
Speaker 4: To get.
Speaker 3: One more chance. Are you going out with your gray hand and your parents?
Speaker 1: I'm going out with my mum to have pizza lovely.
Speaker 3: Very twenty twenty of you. Yeah, your past spirits would just be rolling in their grave. Two women, pizza, toil. That's it. That's all I have. All right, We'll see you next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll catch you then, guys, see up. Thanks for listening?
Speaker 1: Is it just me? Don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast app
Speaker 3: Or follow on Spotify.