Speaker 1: On Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast, Happy Monday. Oh my god. Today we chatted about we really need to ask Mickey to get the grab of what I mean. Oh my god, I just took.
Speaker 1: Okay, can fine people have some kind of like audio recognition? AI think they need it just for that use to them.
Speaker 2: Today we're talking about Daniel Ricardo erotic fan fiction. I'm not adding fuels to the fire. We're just talking about it more on a conceptual level. And also Braxton Hicks contractions.
Speaker 1: Did I have them? Yes?
Speaker 2: Allegedly it no, allegedly. Let's go Flex and Rooms On Kata.
Speaker 1: We have to discuss ghosting in a fresh and fun way because it's been spoken about to death. As someone who has said on record before they are pro ghosting, it's been a controversial take. I've elaborated far too many times to get into it currently, but my point is that often people aren't open communicators anyway, and so to tell them the reasons why you don't want to beat it be with them usually start a second wave of conversation. I don't want to have Granted, I've revised my efforts and I'm into soft ghosting, which is just weaning somebody off you delicately. But it came across as TikTok from a creator called quit Underscore dating Underscore Idiots, who has supplied us with four tried and tested texts you can send without ghosting. I think it's a first step. I don't know, though, because part of me thinks everyone's like, let's be authentic. Let's be authentic. What's less authentic than copying and pasting text messages that somebody else has prepared so you can send them to the next person you want to ghost.
Speaker 2: I don't know you're really coming for the authenticity laughter.
Speaker 1: It's boring anyway. The first one if you want to cancel a date. Hey, I know this is not a great message to send or receive, especially given the timing, But as tomorrow approaches, I've realized I'm not really feeling up to our meat. I've enjoyed chatting to you, and you seem like a really decent guy, so I don't want to mess you about by giving you a lame excuse. I hope you understand hate it. The next one you like them, but they're noncommittal. Hey, it's been fun getting to know you over these past months, but I get the sense we're not on the same page in terms of what we're wanting. I want a man who wants a relationship with me, and I don't think that's you. No hard feelings, take care and all the best with everything, babes not me. Literally, yes, I feel like, wait, this one's so sorry everyone, I'm reading our first text messages.
Speaker 2: How crazy is that? That?
Speaker 1: Literally?
Speaker 2: Like that is pretty much verbat of mine.
Speaker 1: This is to be a woman, to be a woman.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: It worked, It also worked, but it yeah, have redacted the third one. Connections fizzled out. Hey, it seems our conversation has reached its natural conclusion. But I wanted to say goodbye before disappearing. I've enjoyed chatting with you. Good luck and all the best.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite thus far. I could change a few words here and there, but add your flavor to these ones. Such your flavor and this is if you're not feeling a post date, Hey, I've really we're getting to know you a little. Unfortunately, I don't think we've been compatible long term, and I don't want to waste either our time exploring is connection further all the best with everything, and good luck on your quest. The worst one, absolutely, good luck on your quest. I like that.
Speaker 2: Is this a game to you? It's very much like ruin Escape coded. Absolutely, I think i'd like that last one. I think the ending is a bit like it's a little bit condescending in part.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, However, it's a two paragraph text. We meet in parts.
Speaker 2: Honestly, like when you're doing dating text, every single word counts. So that's an essay in my opinion, I hope that.
Speaker 1: Works for someone. I think I'm making the right step by disseminating this information.
Speaker 2: I think we should put on our Instagram like a carousel of each one of those who people can refer back to it. Let's ask our social media icons. As the years go on, or rather the months or the weeks, us two girlies become more and more invested in sports. Oh yeah, you're definitely flex leading the chart.
Speaker 1: I've made some developments. Everyone, Rugby, Rugby everyone, The Rugby Bold Cup is happening in real time, and I'm telling you I want to put this on record as of today, the twenty fifth of September, and say it's the most rubin in of all the sports I've watched, that's far. I don't know what it is about it.
Speaker 2: I've never watched it, but I have reservations, like it's not exciting to me. Yeah, I don't like the idea of people running into each other.
Speaker 1: It happened in all sports. Soccer is way more contact based than I really thought it was gonna be football. Everyone, I'm so sorry we digress.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Guys say just sort of say. When the Drive to Survive, like f one Netflix series came out.
Speaker 1: I missed that.
Speaker 2: I know that was a moment. I didn't watch it, but everyone's talking about Daniel Ricardo, Daniel Riccardo. Of course, I became naturally a massive fan of Daniel Ricardo, of his work.
Speaker 1: Of course, there was just this.
Speaker 2: Funny nature about Daniel Ricardo that really piqued my interests. I find him very funny, Like you know the people that just do something.
Speaker 1: You're like, it's that classic hot and quirky combo. Yeah, but when you get it, you get it.
Speaker 2: It's insane. Anyway, I came across this article in foxsports dot com dot au about this erotic fiction that somebody wrote about Daniel Ricardo, and it's called fire, Overtake in my mind, overtake my heart, thick Rick races for Love, so essentially thick Rick being Daniel Ricardo. The image on the front is him in a very jacked kind of like AI type. Anyway, on a podcast, he was on the one of the hosts, hold on, let me get it. So he was on a podcast with Dak Shepherd. He's like that armchair expert guy called f one with DRS podcast. Never heard of it in my life. That all sounds like gibberish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: However, it is what it is. And they asked him like, oh, what do you think of this? And he thought it was a joke, but then originally no, but then he thought it was a joke, but then it came out that it is true, and he's thinking, what the hell? At least I look jacked. But it got me thinking, how would you react if somebody created an erotic fiction novel of you? Like, personally, I couldn't handle that tears of joy.
Speaker 1: Seriously, you know how hard it is to write. You're aware, you know how hard it is to write in a way that is concise but sexy, and there's like a storyline but it's based on a real person, so you really have to capture their essence and immortalize them on paper for me on a screen. I love that you would like that. I think it's the height of celebrity.
Speaker 2: Huge.
Speaker 1: I don't have fan fictions, erotic literature written about you, and you think you're a celeb. I think again.
Speaker 2: I guess like it just makes me think that people think of this person sexually, which I'd rather not know why. I don't know, is that sex shaming makes you feel uncomfortable? Hm? But what can I say to each their own I just rather would like to think that it never happened, there were more through.
Speaker 1: Me being there. I just wish they just keep it to themselves, keep it behind closed or I don't care what you do in your own homes. There are children out here and they don't need to see that going out through. That's exactly what that was giving.
Speaker 2: I like the idea of sexlessness when it comes to anything to do with me, particularly and others.
Speaker 1: Tech Time, tech Time, tech Time, it's tech time with flex and prooms on kit. Put it to the next level where we give you the best and the latest gossip in tech. As we do so well, people who aren't in the tech industry. I think it's very important that we bridge the gap between scientists and civilian I would say.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's not done well, however, on your on your healf, you bring it to the table.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you. I've been having this thought recently that our inability to tell human behavior from AI behavior is going to cause more problems than me think I spoke about. I mean, I touched briefly on Snapchat's AI glitching a couple of weeks ago, but we've got more information about what actually went down. So Snapchat have this AI chatbot function. It's essentially this digital thing that you can talk to and it'll talk to you back, and the more you talk to it, the more it talks to you back. It's quite simple. But recently it posted a story on Snapchat of what appeared to be like a wall, so kind of like that line of demarcation between like a ceiling and a wall, so pretty like indiscernible, but that's what it was. And immediately I remember the day it happened, Josh who records who video records all of our footage came and said, did you see what the snapchat bot posted? I was like, I didn't see it, and I was like, can you show Me's like, no, it's disappeared now and the bot's not responding to anybody's comment or questions, and it's gone offline. But something's happened, and I said, okay, give me information if you can. And so what had happened was just a glitch, a simple glitch. The company came out and said they had to put the whole thing down to a temporary outage, and that's all that it was. My issue is before Snapchat came out and made a statement, no more than a day later, it immediately went viral on TikTok. People do in comparisons between a photo of their wall and a photo of what this bot took and what is the bot trying to communicate? Is it gaining sentients? Why would it say this? What time did it post? Is it trying to send us a message? And people are out here trying to decode what this bot meant, and very few said, well, maybe it was just a glitch, Maybe just wasn't meant to be there, Maybe it was an accident. And I think it's really scary that a lot of us are participating in these conversations about you know, like what's going to be the future of AI. AI is going to take over, and I think before AI takes over, we're going to give it power by trying to assign meanings to everything it does or does not do. There's this thing that AI does often it's called hallucinating, where it kind of like it's this it's this margin of error it has, Like for chat GPT it's five percent. So chat GPT is ninety five percent quote unquote accurate, and there's a five percent margin of err where it could just make stuff up. Now, five percent is a lot when it comes to all the information in the entirely galaxy, and we're relying on this bot to be on it every single time, so much so that we're not pausing to say, well, what if it's wrong, right, yeah, what if it's just wrong? And then what happens? Who cares? Because by the time we figured out that it's wrong, the narrative is, well, there was a snapchat bot and now it's getting sentience and it posted a picture of a wall, and that story we're going with. So I worry everyone are No to worry is fine because I'm down for the AI next generation. But part of what I wanted to touch on or to end with, sorry, is this concept called anthropomorphism, and it's when you attribute human characteristics to animals or objects. Right, So we see two windows and a line, and we say, oh, that the building is smiling, and that we don't check ourselves enough when we do that, when we apply human behavior to things that aren't human and so not a warning, not a cautionary tale, just something that humans do. Sometimes things are a mistake, sometimes they're a tech error. Sometimes the AI isn't sending us a secret message, but sometimes it is.
Speaker 2: And that is that is the uncertainty paradox. Yes, a word I've just made up, but I like it.
Speaker 1: I like that anyway. Good luck everyone, babes. I've been going through it so many life experiences. Right now, I'm holding down a period cramp, so siffy. Really, I cannot explain to you. I'm literally doing mental gymnastics right now. I think my eye is gonna start twitching. Alas, I had what I could only refer to as a Braxen Hicks contraction, because are the only contractions that I know of. Am I pregnant? No? Was I pregnant when this happened. No, what is a brax and Hicks? I don't know, babe, But it's just when when people are in labor and they say I'm having a brax and Hicks contraction, you must count minutes in between each contraction so you know whether you're ready to go or not.
Speaker 2: I'm googling. Here's what I can tell you. It's false labor. Brax and Hicks is contractions. No, it's practice contractions or false labor. It sporadically uterine contractions that start six weeks into a pregnancy. Oh, but they also felt in the second or third dRIT mystery pregnancy by a pregnant.
Speaker 1: I've got my period.
Speaker 2: Okakay.
Speaker 1: Anyway, this happened like a couple of weeks ago. Here's what I can say to you. That day, the only rigorous activity I did was play darts.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: And the only reason why I say this is because I had just come off the back of like two hours of darts, and I don't I didn't feel strenuous or intensive. But I got home and I laid down. This is no hanky panky, babe. I laid down on my side. I was scrolling as I was reading a book, I got up huh, laying on my side scrolling reading like I read on my phone. Oh okay, well sorry, that was very cyok. I get up to get my food. I ordered in food, and like as soon as I had like swung my legs off the bed propelled myself up, I keeled forward. I was like, ah oh, and I was like, what is that? What is that? I was shocked And so now I'm killed forward in a C shape, but my back is concave and I cannot outstretch my back without it feeling like I'm pulling my stomach muscles up. Babes, I tried one big pull and it's like I snapped back forward and just started bawling my eyes out. And I'm not like a recreational cryer like that. I'm a big like suppress suppress. I was. Now I'm keeled over, like I don't know what I'm doing. Then I go and sit down on the couch. At this point, the food who knows where it is. I'm sitting on the couch slowly trying to like stretch my stomach muscles out so I can lie down backwards and then almost like keep my body in a tense motion, so I don't move and thus trigger another. Whatever this contraction was, it felt like a combination, like when I had my whole body stretched out, so my whole body's taught like a little sardine. It was like a dull, thumping pain all around the abdomen right, mostly like the higher one. And then when I keeled forward, stabbing, stabbing, stabbing, stabbing, stabbing, stabbing, stabbing. It was the most bizarre thing. At one point I was lying back and all I could feel was like this steady stream tears rolling down my face. It would not stop. It's rolling down my cheeks to my neck. The collar of my shirt is so what I was like, Babes is nothing like it. It's nothing like it. Then I was like, okay, let me take some europhin. I take some europhin or panel or whatever it was. It was gone with in thirty minutes. I said, this is confusing. So the pain that I was feeling, how can you tell me the modern medicine fix it? In thirty minutes, I'd know what happened. To this day, I don't understand what happened, but it's had me paring it about side sleeping and paring it about darts.
Speaker 2: We should get onto what that was. Let's call it doctrine. I've always wondered, why do people from nay, fifty years ago look so damn old in these photos? It's giving crusty from dare I say? And it turns out I'm not the only one. Cue the TikTok.
Speaker 3: The age of eighteen, Coral seek and looked like a teenager. But it doesn't take long in an old high school yearbook to find teenagers who look surprisingly old. These people are.
Speaker 1: All in their twenties, but so are these people.
Speaker 3: This is Elizabeth Taylor when she was just seventeen, and here are some high school students from the seventies.
Speaker 1: Did people used to look older?
Speaker 4: Brandon McCarthy asked on Twitter, and evidence poured in. People shared photos of their parents in their early twenties, their dad at twenty one.
Speaker 2: Every Father's Day, everybody like will bring out the part of the one time their dad was hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah weird, it's so weird you participated.
Speaker 2: Oh I just didn't d show you how oh my dad? But it was suer today. This is what I look like. But again, it was giving crusty and Dusty all those years ago. I think the phenomena. I'm sure the video goes on to explain it, but I think we can come to our own, oh to conclusion, susus. Their hairstyles were different, there was no cosmetic interventions. And also, like people's timeline was different. So when you were eighteen, you were halfway through your life, you know, back when we didn't have like medicine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you had me for a second, you lost me. So we're saying that lifestyle prematurely ages you. But mums today, forty year old moms today look twenty eighth, and forty year old moms then look seventy five. Yeah, it is a theory in itself that preventative measures make us seeing younger. And maybe it's a diet, and maybe it's all of these things, but that contradicts the idea that back in the days was a healthier lifestyle we're getting now. Maybe sun exposure, Oden Layer, Yeah, yeah, it's the sun. Do I need to elaborate?
Speaker 2: No, that's on that. That's on that.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frums Daily podcast.
Speaker 2: For more, Tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio,