Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: All right today on the show, and they want to hear your stories about crazy uncles. This came off the back of yesterday. I got this text message from Tamika when we're asking you who you named after christ My uncle was in charge of naming my brother. I mean, I don't know about you, guys, I've never heard of this, so you know, sometimes it might be a book or a movie that influences kids' names and stuff like that. But actually just palming it off to out of any family member, your mum or dad, I could maybe understand. But the uncle in the family tree is the home of the crazies. My uncle was in charge of naming my brother. Not knowing what to call him, he put a bet on the horses and said the next jockey to win when I named them after them. The jockey was a girl, so that didn't work, so we changed it to the cricket and the next batter to play. That was Brett Lee's first Test match, and my brother is named Brett Lee. The incredible scene. So I want to know today about crazy uncles. Jack, You've got crazy uncle.
Speaker 3: My uncle was a police officer and when I was years old, I went on a bust with him. My job was to sit in the back of his family van with a blanket over my head, filming on a camcorder. What yes in the service station parking lot as he bought chipped PlayStations in pirated games from people in the trading post. He was undercovered.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is like a movie Jess and I was twelve, but must have been so exciting.
Speaker 3: I was scared, scared. I was scared because I was really scared that the light on the cam quarter would be seen by one of these illegal pirtors.
Speaker 1: And where was this going on in Melbourne?
Speaker 3: This was in the eastern suburbs, Southeastern suburbs, so like Noble Park. Where else did we go? Dandy Noole?
Speaker 1: So do you did a whole day of this?
Speaker 3: Did a whole day of So he was posing undercover, posting as a regular person buying pirated PlayStation games.
Speaker 1: I love the fact that that was the big crime, you know, before ice came the city, simple simpler. I'm on the big one at the moment. This is like a Narcos perhaps you myself some.
Speaker 2: Crazy uncle Ken was a crazy driver so if you ever went he had this big, huge Fairmont car, and if you ever went in the car with him, Mum and dadd say, whatever you do, don't engage in a conversation with uncle Ken.
Speaker 1: Did they go, that's a fun uncle.
Speaker 3: What you meant to do, was aki, Whatever you do for your own safety, you do not talk to your.
Speaker 1: Speak to him. I was talking about Uncle Ken before. Do not speak to him or engage.
Speaker 2: It had this big front bench seat and he would put his arm, his left arm over the seat. But if you talk to him, he would take his eyes off the road and like look at you while he was driving.
Speaker 1: My seventy year old daughters has that at the moment you have ice forward.
Speaker 2: You just would and so you just would not talk at him. And then the other thing when he had big they lived in glen Roy and they had this massive long driveway, and so he'd back out, he'd reverse out, and if there was a car coming, he'd go all the way back into the garage again. So instead of just waiting sort of across you know, the sidewalk, well, he'd go all the way back up the driveway into the garage.
Speaker 1: Don't engage, and we're going to throw. We'll have a code now, we'll call it. Let's do an Uncle Ken here. It was crazy.
Speaker 2: It could take twenty minutes to get out of the driveway.
Speaker 1: I'm not engaging. Christian Connell Show podcast