Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Showtime.
Speaker 3: That's all I needed in out cheese acupunctures by Day in the morning, Breakfast Radio, Grizzles on the Slopes with all the years.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three Soho.
Speaker 4: One thousand, one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 5: Two, Christian O'Connell's Show, Good Morning, Patsy Morning, Good morning Jack Post.
Speaker 4: How do you guys?
Speaker 6: Guys?
Speaker 5: I know yesterday I said, you know, look, I got my wedding anniversaries twenty six years tomorrow and some people kind enough to jump down some ideas. Things a little bit busy yesterday it was ben night, so I'd take the bins out. I haven't been in a situation yet where I've been able to do anything Wendy anniversary tomorrow.
Speaker 3: You just haven't made it a priority.
Speaker 6: No, no, I have no no no.
Speaker 5: Who did yesterday? And those bins of you, mister week what's more of a priority. It will cast a shadow over the whole day of festivities that are going to organize today. If Sarah's like this is having a good time and what about the bins?
Speaker 6: I went that wasn't and then we got away another two weeks.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 6: But the other thing that's made it hardness Patch is my wife has nothing for me.
Speaker 3: Yes that's right, which mean yes, that's right.
Speaker 6: We've been married together, it's not been it's not like a one person thing.
Speaker 3: Is that anything? This is what wants anything?
Speaker 5: She likes something. There's a new Lammy fountain pen. I saw that. There's purple that looked really nice. I'd love one of.
Speaker 4: Those, she says. Bank says, oh, well, we won't do anything, and then surprises me with a gift.
Speaker 8: You don't.
Speaker 5: No, Sarah says that, and then there's no surprise. There is a surprise, is no weight. There really is.
Speaker 6: Nothing for you.
Speaker 5: She keeps telling me a video. I've got nothing for you. I'm not going to get you anything. And we agreed with that, and I always go along with you. Yeah sure, but she actually, of course she wants something.
Speaker 4: Right, all right, I've got I've got a suggestion for you. The theme you said is pictures twenty six years old marriage. I have been experimenting and getting quite good at ai R Look.
Speaker 6: Can I just says hard No.
Speaker 5: If this is shark tank, this is the wors so who has got the time with a two times experimenting in AI. If there's one impressiable person that AI don't need to overrun immediately, it's you.
Speaker 4: I can even make Sarah appear in the picture.
Speaker 5: I think they're trying to clamp down on cosplay people like you.
Speaker 4: I made recently, and I'm going to show it to you now, a picture of me.
Speaker 6: Few it's a picture of your wife.
Speaker 4: The picture of me is a handsome golfer that actually is increasing. Isn't that good?
Speaker 6: That actually is?
Speaker 5: It looks like some strange Disney character that not an evil one. You know where she in the movie? She almost marries that guy and then she finds out like an amb beforehand he's an ahole?
Speaker 4: But the quality wouldn't you say something like this, Yeah, what's what's one of favorite things?
Speaker 6: But Sarah wouldn't want a generated that.
Speaker 3: Where is she going to put down?
Speaker 6: Will be?
Speaker 5: What are we in the garden of Eden? So I can put me because you can put me in her? Anywhere are we on the moon?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: Well, she likes diving, right, there's one of her hobbies. So maybe she can be a diver and you can be a merman or something.
Speaker 6: What has led you to be experimenting in?
Speaker 4: Are you going to make something?
Speaker 6: Pographic art?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 5: I'm reading about people like you, okay at the moment, and that they're putting stuff like Sandra Bullock in images and positions. She does not winningly want to go. And what are you up to there on that that computer that had that loan sock.
Speaker 4: By everybody's clothed. It's all above board. I'm going to make you something and because you're desperated taking it.
Speaker 6: All right, all right, thank you, God help us.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show. You've got a big one anniversary of this year.
Speaker 6: That's what are you? Twenty five years? Yeah?
Speaker 3: We had twenty five back in March.
Speaker 6: What did you do?
Speaker 3: We just went out for dinner and you know what we said that we would. We did say we'd get gifts, which we are yet twenty five years.
Speaker 6: As a significant you.
Speaker 3: Do need to mark these milestones. So the love God wants a new slow cooker, which is yet to get and I wanted a piece of jewels the universe.
Speaker 6: I was a really slow cooker.
Speaker 3: You have not got around to doing it yet.
Speaker 4: But we will it was months ago.
Speaker 3: I know it was much. Yes, that's all right.
Speaker 6: So he hasn't had his gift to so much. Heading towards the end of May.
Speaker 3: Gift couldn't decide on what model he wanted. Now he thinks he's narrowed it down, so we might do it.
Speaker 6: To compare the market about a slow cooker, I mean just slow cook.
Speaker 4: Did buying a barbecue? Remember, didn't you wheel at home and then build it then wheel it back to buds.
Speaker 3: The amount of research that's gone into this slow cooker is ridiculous. You could have built an atom bomb in the same time.
Speaker 6: We've got so cooker.
Speaker 5: Right, they've be'n got like four settings. He was on and warm and off facts three. It's my favorite thing to use in the house. It's idiot proof in all the ingredients that go you make it. It's like Google. You just chuck in at a round the words or foods and then you just turn it on and it does it.
Speaker 3: No, it's all about the fire for him. He wants the what do you call the wood ones, not the ones you plug in Like he's getting a smoker. You want a smoker.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's that's not so cooking. Yeah, they must be a night but if they turn up, it's good. All that they don't understand.
Speaker 3: Elect it's so bad.
Speaker 6: I've got a time wastes and I've got some plants here. The idea when you anything.
Speaker 5: Like this, this is just a mirror at the sunset.
Speaker 3: A listener there's been messaging me who is an avid slow cooker, recommending what we should get. And he works for one of the companies and he's got all this advice.
Speaker 6: So it's a salesman. Gosh, yeah, he's got working on a real slow lead at the moment. Bars, So I'm going to land the big one by the end of the year. Three months no sales. They're so close right now, they're so close.
Speaker 5: Well, this is exciting. With the cold weather, we have a way of keeping you warm. We have these Christian o'connells show beanies. They literally just arrived the last couple of days.
Speaker 6: And have you seen these pats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they look cool, look really good.
Speaker 5: Normally, any show much we have is not is not nice at all. Some of you who still got the socks that we go when the first year that are I don't think it's legal to even call them socks. What they're half a gram. Give me that cheap lou role you used to have at school that's thicker than these socks. One you go to stretch on and the softness that separates evaporates.
Speaker 6: This is molecules suspended in the air.
Speaker 4: The good thing about the beanies though, when you put them on, they keep their shape, they keep their thread count. These are going to keep you warm.
Speaker 5: I did you know so much detail about that? It does look a bit like a tiger's beanie, doesn't it?
Speaker 6: For Richmond?
Speaker 4: Again, I guess the gold colors are the same as the Richmond colored But you're not getting confused when you read the christian'conn show.
Speaker 6: And there's no confusion there, guys.
Speaker 2: Christian connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show. It is officially cold. It is cold out there this morning. When the alarm went off, just stretching the arm outside of the nice warm douner and that bear arm.
Speaker 6: Meets the cold an You're like, oh.
Speaker 5: As I get moving now, why can't I just be warm air around me right now?
Speaker 6: A nice little bubble to just move through the house, all right?
Speaker 5: So we have our Christian O'Connell's show beanies. They actually look really nice, gorgeous, warm insulated beanies for you.
Speaker 6: Knocking nine four one four one four three Stewart.
Speaker 10: Good morning, good morning, freezing bloody.
Speaker 6: I love that he's playing the part of a man.
Speaker 5: Cold is powerful. It's like method acting. Deinio has got nothing on Stewart.
Speaker 6: Now, Stewart, are you Stewart the snake catcher? I am now to the snakes. I'm not like this weather. And it's a bit quiet if you.
Speaker 10: It is.
Speaker 6: It is? So yeah, once the once it gets too cold for the snakes, they go into hiding, and then I've got to.
Speaker 10: Come in and do odd jobs here and there, just to keep myself busy.
Speaker 6: It must be the same with all snake catchers around sort of Victoria. I mean, are they all?
Speaker 5: I guess it's like snake catchers and ice cream sellers. You know, this is a quite to period they kept they going to.
Speaker 6: So what's what do you do now?
Speaker 5: At the moment, I'm doing a little bit of concreting today, so not really not looking forward to it.
Speaker 11: I would have quite preferred to stay in bed, but yeah, we.
Speaker 6: Get that feeling.
Speaker 5: I mean, if I've employed you today, and I'm seeing you turn up with this attitude and you're going to point in that concrete really feeling today wish there was a catching them brownside. That that's the whitestar I could get. You get by that bloody gray old super Shipn't.
Speaker 6: It my pass it? All right? Stuart? Okay, Stuart, everything's all right today. Still. I'll send you one of our beanie hats. Okay, i'd you send me too. I've made him tonight.
Speaker 11: I've got no bloody hair and it's freezing.
Speaker 6: Enough's a joke of this show, but yeah, that's what you get.
Speaker 5: You're never going to get to this student, all right, stud this part time stake catcher, full time lover.
Speaker 6: Still have a good day today doing that? It's most reluctant. All right, take care, Stewy warm. Here's nice a woman in the studio. Don't you worry about us? Laura, Good morning morning. How are we We're good, Laurie? Are you well? Laurie having a good week so far? Laura?
Speaker 9: Oh look, you know we're still keeping you alive and keeking of course? Why not?
Speaker 5: And what are you doing so early this morning? Have you headed to a Jimmy done your first work out.
Speaker 9: Oh god, no, I wish I had time for the gym in the morning. No, up in early to work so that I can finish and pick the kids up from school.
Speaker 6: Okay, what do you do, Laura. I work for a.
Speaker 9: Freight forwarding company, so we ship in and ship out.
Speaker 6: And you like a beanie hat. You're often on the roads this time of the morning.
Speaker 9: I would love a beanie. My boss puts the heater on, but then it goes off. And even as a perimenopause a woman, I am breathing, a beanie would be amazing.
Speaker 6: Are you working for that? What he turns it off? God, that's an off. Now start about ten minutes of fun exactly almost twenty degrees.
Speaker 9: It's one of those cyclical ones, so you think, ikay, call it's really you know, we've got good temp going, and then it stops and it's crazy. And it's only two of us in the office, so it's only a small space. So it takes a short amount of time to heat it up, but then a very quick amount of times for that heat to just disappears. So a beanie would be incredible. Plus I've got a match for this fabulous team that we love listening to every morning.
Speaker 6: Good. We'll send you some binstickers as well. Laura, have a love morning on the show. Take mate, Fye, Terry, goome morning t Bone.
Speaker 12: Good morning guys.
Speaker 13: How are you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm good, Tea and Terry? What's you up to you right now? You on the way to work? You're at work thinking about work.
Speaker 10: I'm on the way to work, mate.
Speaker 14: I'll get up nice and early around five point thirty when it's nice and cold and on the plaster so I do all new homes and there's no heating in the homes and I would love it.
Speaker 5: Beh my god, that is hard work, plaster, my dad us today is backbreaking work.
Speaker 10: Oh, you're not wrong, made time. If you need your crackfield, we.
Speaker 6: Can feel excuse me. You buy me a drink first, sir, maybe even two.
Speaker 14: No worries, Christians.
Speaker 9: We'll do.
Speaker 6: Well, Terry. We'll send your beanie. Thanks Christian.
Speaker 14: I'm also I haven't seen many stickers down in the east, mate.
Speaker 10: Can you send me a couple of them bing stickers?
Speaker 6: Mate? Yeah? Please sort that we need to protect the east.
Speaker 9: Oh we'll do mate, Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Terry, And let's squeeze in. Brendan. Here morning, Brendan.
Speaker 11: Good morning Jack, Patty and Christian and Brendan.
Speaker 6: We're going Brendan, are you at work? What are you up to?
Speaker 11: I'm actually retired after forty two years of working as a fark fighter.
Speaker 6: Oh good for you. What a proper job and service to do. Thanks for your service, Brendan.
Speaker 11: Thank you very much. But I'm out every morning walking my dog eight to ten ks. It's as cold as a mother in law's kiss out here at ma.
Speaker 6: I hope you said kiss by the way, but anyway.
Speaker 5: Yes, I did say you good man, good man eight to ten k Tho's dogs again.
Speaker 6: Walks every day?
Speaker 11: Oh yes, I's try. I take the dog and walk every day. You guys come along with me during weekdays of course. Thank you.
Speaker 6: Happy to be your walking part along the way. Yeah, lovely.
Speaker 4: My dog loves to walk. But I think even.
Speaker 6: Every day we're doing this every other day or something, you know, stress training and then mix up the cardio sessions in zone two.
Speaker 11: It's also fitness for me as well, because yeah, I've been an i'll retired person now.
Speaker 6: So do you mind me asking how old you? What's the age of retirement. Now, what's kind of age you think?
Speaker 11: Well, I've taken earlier retirement. I turned sixty three next week, so.
Speaker 5: Happy birthday for next week. And so do you what do you do with yourself? You're enjoying your time not working now.
Speaker 11: Well, I really enjoy it. I get up when you guys start at six, because my wife goes off to work. I listen to you, guys, I grabbed the dog. We go for a walk about eight to ten ks. I listen and have a bit of a chuckle along the way. Come back, I prepare, prepare a tea. My wife comes back for lunch, she goes back off to work again. And then in the afternoon I potter around. There's old people going I.
Speaker 5: For one, are looking forward to the pottering is I think it's about another twenty years of mortgage and mainly it's more than mortgage years for the next twentiears of my life. And then I would embrace the pottering around. It's such a lovely phrasing thing to do. Just potter would not much sort of pace or intention, just sort of pooling around.
Speaker 11: That's it. That's so, that's what it's all about, enjoying oneself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're quite right. Well we went Brenda of the Buddha. It's I'm going to call you.
Speaker 6: Brendan.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much you called. We will gladly send you beanie hats. Okay, and thanks you calling the show.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 11: Can I have a couple of stickers for the bins down here at Mapron of.
Speaker 5: Course you can well listen that eight to ten k walk will give you one hundred pastor as you go stick those stickers on a walk.
Speaker 6: Brendan, thank you very much you call him. I have a good day.
Speaker 11: Thank you bye.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show. Couldn't sleep. Woke up at two a went for a drive. Suddenly I'm on Chapel Street. And as I'm driving down Chapel Street, I see culture, I see fashion, I see late nights. Think about Chapel Street is it's iconic.
Speaker 6: It's a ViBe's hello hello, let's go please.
Speaker 4: It was such a believable story.
Speaker 6: I think, yeah, my god.
Speaker 3: Driving it.
Speaker 15: That.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you are a little odd with what's happening with the show.
Speaker 6: The biggest stuff. She's always like, oh are they doing that? That's nice for them, isn't it. They're gonna go out and do that, aren't they. Oh, they got another school project going on at the Bear thing is it street? The other day? Chris, have you worked out what.
Speaker 7: It is?
Speaker 3: A full moon? So that makes six the cancer.
Speaker 6: I would ramly start going chat culture fashion late night. It's iconic, it's a vibe.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 6: Let's go, carry your men nice and sea. Make sure that you do not skill.
Speaker 11: If you make it.
Speaker 6: All the way, then you will win ten ten down on Chapel Streets next Thursday.
Speaker 5: It is on a ten thousand dollars beer on eight of you, all athletes seeing who can quickly go down Chapel Street without spinning any beer spill. The less win the cash ten thousand dollars. Now a lot of people taking part in this. They want to We've got eight spots. We've given away two so far. Yesterday I was getting a lot of messages from a guy that we nicknamed the Butler.
Speaker 6: What do we do?
Speaker 5: When we first met the Buckley, we'll be doing something. A couple of years ago and Jesse wanted anyone a shot was at the Fridge Race and he did Buckler again. Now the Buckler's come back and he wants another shot, another, another.
Speaker 6: Shot at redemption.
Speaker 5: So I don't know we can how many more shots at redemption can one person?
Speaker 10: Hey, Christian, it's Jeffy the Buckley here. I need my shot at redemption. I've walking for thirty years, so I've got that down part. I've got extra large hands. I'll even hold an extra cup if that gives me the better chance to get into the race. I need a shot. I need to get back in. I need to be the winner and not the butler. Please give me a chance, Christian.
Speaker 5: Please, there's a whiff of desperation here that's never good familiar.
Speaker 6: Yes, we don't know, Jesse. Okay, lines are up and now then if you want it.
Speaker 5: In nine four one four one oh four three, we're looking for today's athlete to make it through to the ten thousand dollar beer race next Thursday in Chapel Street.
Speaker 6: Carl a brighter.
Speaker 7: Now you're listening to the Christian o'conl Show podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian O'Connell's show.
Speaker 5: You know, it's like when it's your turn to get around it and you're bringing all the drinks over and they say, do you want to tray with that. I always refuse to tray because I'm an idiot. And then you're like, Bladdy, ask a lot of drinks. I don't want to spin any ones. And you're wobbling back and you're trying to work out what's the right formation the beers at the front or back? Is it a triangle? If it's four drinks, how are you going to do it? Or they say again, you sure you don't want the train? And no, I don't want the train. We're testing it out next week with our ten thousand dollars beer run that is happening down the iconic Chapel Street precinct.
Speaker 6: We have eight spots. Two have already been filled.
Speaker 5: It's chance to some of new contenders now for our ten k beer run.
Speaker 6: Trent, good morning, Good morning. How are we? Yeah?
Speaker 5: We're good trends. So why should you be in the ten thousand dollar beer race?
Speaker 6: Mate?
Speaker 12: Night, I got this covered, used to un pass football for seventeen years. Got back from Port Mac Ironman completing that I can run it like the wind, and I reckon I can hold these hands steady too.
Speaker 6: Wow, Wie, this is a strong case. Where do you doing the Iron.
Speaker 12: Man up at Port Macquarie.
Speaker 6: Blood Dear, how'd you get on fourth in the age group?
Speaker 12: So I had a really good year, good win, a good place.
Speaker 6: Well done? And what age group are you in?
Speaker 12: Forty to forty four?
Speaker 5: Forty to forty four? And if people don't know about iron Man's, tell them just how hard it is. What are the distances you're doing?
Speaker 12: It's three point eight clomb the swim, a one hundred and eighty kilometer ride, and then a forty two k run.
Speaker 6: Oh no, get out.
Speaker 5: Even if you put a deserbel between someone was a four point eight cycle. That's still. And then it's a restaurant, it's a cafe or something. Is that I can have a lunch and then we carry on. That is so extreme. How long did it take you?
Speaker 12: I did just under ten hours this one nine hours fifty nine?
Speaker 6: Well done. I mean the training you must do must be for months.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it is, it's all you train. I've been competing for t news at the moment, so I love it. That's changed my life completely, and I'm only getting soider and faster.
Speaker 5: Awesome, what a great thing to say, Trent. It might be you Okay, stay.
Speaker 6: There, came on, It's not the fittest listener we have.
Speaker 5: Isn't he who we got here?
Speaker 6: Caring? Good morning, Caring, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 3: How are you going?
Speaker 6: I'm good?
Speaker 5: Carry Hey, Sorry, you know my jobs like here after time, it's not they're living dead here?
Speaker 3: Oh sorry?
Speaker 16: Can I start?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, so yeah, carry on?
Speaker 16: Okay, sorry. So I've got three things running for me. Okay, I think three things going for me. Firstly, my first ever job was working behind a bar, so I can pull like twenty beers in a row, no problem, smooth or silk. Secondly, I'm an nurse, so I work up well under pressure. I run around a ward like you would not believe. Thirdly, I do not like beer, so I will not be tempted to drink my beer.
Speaker 4: A great point.
Speaker 16: Yeah, that's a very good point.
Speaker 17: That's very good right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a very good point. You're making a strong case of care, and it might be you.
Speaker 6: Harry. Good morning, Harry, Good.
Speaker 14: Morning, Harry, Christian.
Speaker 6: How are we now? Harry? Tell us what you want in?
Speaker 14: I want in. I don't care about ten k, not at all. I just want to beat. I just want to win. So I can tell Jimmy that I want because he doesn't believe in me, Christian?
Speaker 6: What what doesn't Jimmy believe in Harry? I'm believe in you.
Speaker 18: Harry, Thank you Christian. You know it probably stems from my upbringing. Came third in nationals in in your ten and I'm just here to prove prove that I can actually win.
Speaker 6: And what were you in the nationals of Harry cross Country?
Speaker 5: Gotcha? Gotcha? And that burns still to this day. Does it drives you as a fuel in you?
Speaker 14: It really does, but it fuels me, you know, And I'm ready.
Speaker 4: And who is Jimmy?
Speaker 6: You're quite right?
Speaker 5: Actually who is that Dad? Or there's some projection on someone. It might be Dad. Who is Jimmy?
Speaker 14: Jimmy is my work mate, Christian?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 14: So we were listening to go We unfortunately didn't get to the mold Eyes. We're calling him like that every couple of hours.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry to hear that guy. This is the next best thing, is it? Starting with Jimmy or racing with beer.
Speaker 8: I can go.
Speaker 18: I can go to the Mold Eyes myself, and you know I we're going to go and we're going to have a romantic get away.
Speaker 14: But if I witness ten k I'm going to use it to.
Speaker 6: Get back at him, gotcha. I mean, there's so much going on here. There's a third of the Nationals. We remember that bit about five minutes ago. And then Nemesis is also like.
Speaker 5: His mate Jimmy. Listen, Harry, I'm all in. I believe in you.
Speaker 14: Thank you, Christian.
Speaker 6: Do you believe in you? Harry?
Speaker 14: I'll back myself to the moon.
Speaker 6: Got this to the moon and back.
Speaker 14: My friends the iron Man. It's no give me a chocky milk, and I'm a.
Speaker 6: Harry.
Speaker 5: You're a kind of athlete. You are competitor number three. Now, okay, what are we going to do about a nickname for our friend here?
Speaker 6: Is it belief? Is it? Screw you, Jimmy? Screw you, Jimmy. That is your race name. Harry.
Speaker 5: You're no longer Harry. You'll screw you, Jimmy. Do you accept it?
Speaker 14: I love it?
Speaker 6: I scept all right, We'll see you next week. Screw you, Jimmy.
Speaker 1: Run my friend, Run the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show over the next couple of weeks now, and we're taking you back to school in our eight to z of school.
Speaker 19: Our this week we arrive at the letter C.
Speaker 5: So what word or things to do with the letter C come to mind when you think about your school days, Patsy.
Speaker 6: What's it?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 3: Definitely creek? So I did go to a Bush primary school.
Speaker 6: And we can never hear enough of the Bush School chronicle.
Speaker 4: If I wrote words to do with school, would let us see from one hundred to one thousand words, I would never come up creek.
Speaker 3: It's phenomenal. We had a creek, I think it was a three mile creek or something that ran literally ran through the back of our school, so on the school grounds, so the school fence was on the other side.
Speaker 6: I'm going to get a map now, okay, I'll just get.
Speaker 3: A painting the picture. So in the winter it would flood, which sometimes meant we couldn't go to school because it just inundated the whole entire school because it was a little school. But then in summer, so it was like the best of world, yes, best in the worst. So in the summer we could swim there. So at lunchtime to school, yes, at lunchtimes.
Speaker 6: Come on, you just make it up. Listen.
Speaker 5: And I haven't even it six years, but I'm not quite the wide oaed palm I was. We used to swim school down the creek, these charming Australians, wonderful stuff lunchtimes.
Speaker 3: Even the teachers were to get would get involved. We wear our togs under our clothes and just like strip off at lunchtime and we'd have a swim all lunchtime. Teachers, everyone, students.
Speaker 5: Times, And that's this episode of the both school kind of course.
Speaker 3: It was so hot. It was so hot you didn't even need to take a beach towel. You just like dried off theo like your first class after lunch. But it was a beautiful, beautiful creek and sand bars and yeah, it was just you know, care free and like it's it was just so much fun.
Speaker 4: And when it's flooding in winter, is actually coming into the school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I used to flood the school out.
Speaker 5: And so that's when he missed quite a few key lessons, didn't you stop. Finally worked out what we were getting basically sport you were only.
Speaker 4: There half the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you imagine having that at school for summer time, Like, just go swimming, because.
Speaker 5: If we're going to get any more calls. Parts of where people go. I've got another Creek story see for Creek. They never did that on I'm assessing Street did. They didn't have the Creek episode that they Jackie Boy, what's the let us see for you?
Speaker 4: I think mine's more traditional. The school canteens, Yes, the canteen. Now, I don't know if it's my memory, but thinking back to it, they didn't serve any healthy options at the school canteen. Everything was fried essentially.
Speaker 6: Everything was deep fried, chip chips every day, pies.
Speaker 4: They had pizza, but I don't remember any cellars. No, don't remember any healthy options anything that wasn't in Battle.
Speaker 6: Now, wonder that we're all in the state we're in.
Speaker 5: There was no greens, you know. We had chips with everything whatever you have. I remember we used to have pizza and chips. There was just all itver was was chips with something else. The other thing that I these days, I don't really use chalk anymore, but I cannot touch chalk.
Speaker 3: Can still smell it.
Speaker 5: Talk about it's just that what is that texture to chalk. It's not even no people like like fingers down a chalk board. It's the chalk itself that the touch of it I can't stand. I can't I can't handle chalk, chalk and baked beans I cannot touch.
Speaker 3: Really, what's with bake means? The sliminess of it.
Speaker 5: The kids sometimes will chase me around the kitchen with a four start doing this.
Speaker 6: I'm getting very triggered right now. If that hand has got a chalk.
Speaker 4: In it, Will they serve you baked beans at school?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Kids would laugh at me. Oh, that ain't funny, all right, And I didn't come here fifty one still being taltured by.
Speaker 5: I've got a serious condition of a baked being phobia. But it's probably a thing or something being a phobia.
Speaker 6: But the touch of it or anything like that, I would have to clear the kid's plates. I have to look the other way. Breeding like this.
Speaker 5: Means because even it has a smell as well, it gives off a malodorous odor.
Speaker 4: And did you go to one of those schools where they didn't tell you you didn't have a choice of what you had, They just served it up.
Speaker 6: There was no menu, No, it was just this is it? Or staff? That's what the That's what the menu was.
Speaker 20: No.
Speaker 6: Are there other things that you can't stand? The touch off by the way.
Speaker 4: Oh, I hate paddle popsticks on tongue.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, when you go to the daughter and they go, we need never look at your throat.
Speaker 4: Yes, or even eating ice cream or you know echo cutlery that they have now, which is exactly got in front of me, the little wooden spoon. I hate the taste of that.
Speaker 6: It's why is it so dry? So it absorbs all of your moist in the moment it hits your tongue.
Speaker 4: And I'm eating a Sunday Say, I'll try to buy it the Sunday off without making any contact whatsoever her teeth or tongue onto the spoon.
Speaker 5: So you'll just say, screw the dolphins. Basically, we want proper cutlery. I'm sorry, you'll just have to die out, dolphins. I won't use the echo cutlery. I just don't like it's a touch on the sound. I think it's a short thing. It's the dryness or the path. There's a powdery thing to.
Speaker 3: It, brittle too, isn't it?
Speaker 6: Is there anything you can't touch parts? So are you too tough?
Speaker 3: It's no, I don't. I don't like the jelly that sits on the top of the roast chicken after you bring a roast chicken home.
Speaker 6: You mean that's sort of jellatine? Yeah, what is that?
Speaker 3: It's fat, isn't it. It's just like gone cold.
Speaker 6: Is it tallow or something?
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, it's like a jelly fast yeah fo yeah, yellowee kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Christian Connall's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show. What cannot you stand the touch of Christian? I can't stand the feel of raw chicken filets.
Speaker 6: I know a couple of people can't stand that.
Speaker 5: Rob Christian talk about the canteen at school dand and on tech we invented at the canteen the dimmy roll, two steam dim sims, one size of cheese soy sauce in a long red roll. Still on occasion, have one of those acts, Stephen that she sounds really nice, Lannie, good morning, Hello, Hello Lannie, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: So what cannot you stand to touch?
Speaker 21: Styrene?
Speaker 11: Phone?
Speaker 16: Polystyrene?
Speaker 17: Yack?
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, I don't like it. You know, when you open up apparently talking to you. There's something about that sick. The squeak of it.
Speaker 20: Yeah, it's a squeak.
Speaker 16: I don't know what it is, but in great sequence and pin them into the styrene phone to make Christmas decorations.
Speaker 20: It was torture.
Speaker 6: It would also what a rubbish Christmas decoration. That's when teachers at the end of the year and neck and I.
Speaker 5: Just need to get to Christmas. I got some styrophone at home. What a lovely decoration for my moady because it just flakes apart over time.
Speaker 4: To put in the bins. Anyway, I'll give it to the kids.
Speaker 11: It's disgusting stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah it is Learney. I'm with you, Larney, Thanks you call. I have a good day. Thanks Tracy morning shallo, Tracy, welcome to a show.
Speaker 15: Hi Christian, Hey you Glly, I'm good.
Speaker 5: Thanks according in Now, what cannot you stand the feeling of when you touch it.
Speaker 15: I'm the same as Jet, I'm the puddle popskick in my mouth. It just gives me the absolute hebe Gebis when he was talking about it earlier, was making my skin.
Speaker 4: A crawl and you saying with the wooden cutlery, oh time.
Speaker 15: Like I just I can't do it. I cannot.
Speaker 5: Sary Dolphon hebgb's is the right phrase as well. I don't know if there are younger people listening right now, And I do not know what they're talking about.
Speaker 6: But he b GB's.
Speaker 5: We all know what that is. It's that feeling that it's that thing, isn't it he b gbs.
Speaker 15: And cotton wall ball again.
Speaker 5: So there was like one hundred dollars at the bottom of a large super lass sack of cotton ball.
Speaker 6: You would not put your hand in.
Speaker 22: There, Absolutely not.
Speaker 6: I think we found a new cash. I wouldn't put my hand into a vat. Baked beans are those money?
Speaker 5: There's no way I know. I wouldn't be to get that taint off. It would always be there, the thought of it forever, scarring me emotionally. Yeah, Tracy, thank you very much. You cool, have a good day. Thanks on the show. Now, Craig apparently got an interesting one. Craig, come on, yeah, I'm good, thanks to go on the show. So, Craig, what can't you touch made?
Speaker 12: I have a problem with foam, you know, like spongers with your washer, car.
Speaker 11: With and that sort of thing.
Speaker 6: Yes, just the all of touching it.
Speaker 11: As what you said earlier, My kids kised me around with it all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, why they do that once they've got a weakness. They do it with beans and it's horrible.
Speaker 11: And although I've got another little problem, you know, you know, sausage and mc muffins and muffin muffins.
Speaker 6: I can't eat them, never eating them in my whole life because I hate the word muffin. Can't stand it. Now, this is interesting. I didn't know that the heb gbis can extend a language and words.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it really does.
Speaker 11: It's terrible, so it does. I've got many other things, but they're the two main ones.
Speaker 4: So someone told you it was a cupcake, you would be fine to eat it.
Speaker 6: Yep, absolutely, no worries.
Speaker 11: But when they say it's a muffin. I just gave my kids all the time.
Speaker 10: They got chocolate and chip muffins for the fun and.
Speaker 6: I nap, can't eat it, and they go with the cake down.
Speaker 10: I go, I'm not doing it no way.
Speaker 6: It's it's and it has it always been like this since child. It's just a name. Muffin. Just upset you, just the word muffin. Anyway, Craiger love this. This is great.
Speaker 4: And we do that cash competitions. How did to do crazy? So we put a load of the word muffin into a barrel and.
Speaker 6: Yeah, pick, yeah, absolutely, I'll never win. Yeah, Craig, thank you very much. You call me good night.
Speaker 2: Christian Connall's show podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian O'Connell's show. Christian.
Speaker 5: I can't stand touch their hair in the shower plug hole for some reason. You know, there are certain jobs that just you just realized, Sow, this is just my job?
Speaker 6: Is it to do this? Save us the three women. I'm the one that's to go in and clear all their hair out of the way.
Speaker 5: It's great, Christian, and is gagging thinking about it writing it to you if I do have to clean it out. Actually is about five tissues as a barrier between my hand and that mucky old.
Speaker 6: You're rightists revolting. It's all mattered there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Christian, I cannot stand paper straws our machas changed from the plastic traws to the paper when it was the worst thing ever.
Speaker 6: It's amazing, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Future generations are going to judge us because what did you actually what we be prepared to do?
Speaker 20: Well?
Speaker 6: Actually, I didn't want to have them straw change, to be fair, all.
Speaker 4: The turtles are extinct out, yes, but you don't.
Speaker 6: Know what it was like.
Speaker 5: It's like you put that in Maut that I can't have that coke. I'll often not use the straw and just take the lid off and chug it because I cannot stand those.
Speaker 6: Geto this. And the other day I was actually told off by another grown up.
Speaker 8: What did you do wrong?
Speaker 5: It is humiliating when you're told off by another grown up and you are a grown up and they've got no actual power over you. It's not in a situation where it's a work environment. You're out in the world.
Speaker 6: I ordered a.
Speaker 5: Pizza from a new pizza place, right, and they are proper Italian okay, right, it's there, must be in their sixties running it.
Speaker 6: This is relevant to the story. I order the pizza, she goes it. Can it be ready in ten minutes? That's what they sounded like.
Speaker 5: That's just I'm not saying that's actually sounded all right, And so I've gotta be honest. I left to go and get It's only five minute trime. Fifteen minutes later she calls me, you can.
Speaker 6: I'm like, yeah, it's away.
Speaker 5: I said it was said he would be ready ten minutes ago, and you said yes, yeah, I'll be there in any minutes. She goes it affects the taste of your pizza. And then you say the pizza is not good. Here pizza is good. You turn up too.
Speaker 6: Late, and I'm like, yeah, I'm really sorry. I'll be there. I get there.
Speaker 5: The two of them, they've alsoas been talking about the right old mate obviously her husband. Right, he's got that in that big shovel. They've got the pizza flipper. Is it there like a pitchwork.
Speaker 6: I come in.
Speaker 5: There are people eating too, like, come in and they start talking to me. They're looking at their watch. Now they were wearing watches, you know when you tell someone off going. I went waiting for ages like, there's there's no watching. But from fect she goes, it's now twenty minutes. It's been sat here, right, he goes, Do you just ring and you tell us next time?
Speaker 6: Please? Please?
Speaker 5: You just ring and you tell us the next time. It's not ten minutes, It doesn't matter. Okay, the pizza can go. I can move with the side of the.
Speaker 4: Oven or next time you go in the oven.
Speaker 5: Exactly, And people looking around like, yeah, it's actually really why didn't you call?
Speaker 6: I'm not I didn't know you'd have to call. It's in the box. I got the cart had called down. I was like, God, damnit, I go in.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure that this is a fair reflection of the craft they put into this.
Speaker 4: I thought they just usually when it comes out and you're not there yet, they put it on top of the oven so that it keeps warm.
Speaker 5: No, no, obviously not not, not the tradition Itian pizza makers.
Speaker 6: I have known. Now I'm nervous about going back in because I'm scared, like, what if there's something that does make me slightly late? Then then now they're going to refuse to take my This is Chris, not pizzazz. No whye for Chris. He's a liar, he says ten minutes. You don't see that idiot for seventeen minutes. Pizzas of must frozen. Chris, you got a dumbin O. So go on, crap that all right?
Speaker 5: So this morning, have you been told off by a grown up? It is humiliating.
Speaker 7: You're listening to the Christian o'conl show podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian O'Connell's show.
Speaker 5: Christian, I can't pull my hands into other people's sinks to do the dishes.
Speaker 6: I would empty water and run it again.
Speaker 5: Because some people don't rinse their dishes prior to putting them in, And how do we get that scust tell you that film there and stuff like that. Christian, I have a really high pitched voice, and I get told off by telemarketers because they think I'm pranking them but tending to be a grown up, and they keep asking to speak to.
Speaker 6: My best that's awful. Now you haven't put your name here? Can we call you?
Speaker 5: I need to hear this, surety, surely it can't be that you can't have that high pitch of voice. And we go, come on, that's not your voice. You stopped, young tacker. You put your parents on right now.
Speaker 4: I've done that before entering calls for this show. Sometimes we'll get kids call up on the school run and so I'll say, like, all right, olden, how old are you? He'll say twelve? This personally, who I thought was no a ten year old? That's it? And how old are you?
Speaker 5: That's such a difference, that's such a huge difference.
Speaker 6: And would they sound like a kid?
Speaker 4: Yes, they sound like a kid. Not have to pretend that it's a question that I just asked. It's a melody as every four I.
Speaker 6: Have every single qull A question is and sister, I don't know what. I just answering the questions. He just likes to keep it talning the age.
Speaker 5: Of the listeners every day call in if you have a young sounding voice, I just and we're trying to guess how old you are?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 5: Nine four one four one o four three. In the meantime, have you been told off by as a grown up Jack?
Speaker 4: I got told off recently by a lady when I didn't have my dog on a lead. But what made it awkward is she was my mum's friend and she didn't recognize me at first, so I recognized that straight away. I said, Hi, Jocelyn. And then it's more awkward for both of us. And she has already started telling me off and then going, oh Jack, yes, I heard you had a baby boy.
Speaker 6: And still then gave you the lesson about the dog on the lead.
Speaker 4: She gave me she'd already given me the dog on the lead lesson, and she worried about the dog eating wildlife, which she would never do, but she might.
Speaker 6: It is a rough, old, feral sort of dog you've got, that would be Why are you saying I wasn't going to go there.
Speaker 5: I was going to go on Marsupial or a kidnap or something, but that snagger the old thing and have it away with Jocelin. Well that's what they said about Jaws. Maca Caitlin, our producer. You got told off as well as a grown up.
Speaker 23: This was the first time it ever happened to me. It was a couple of weeks ago. I was on the Central Coast with my family and we were doing a lighthouse tour of the oldest lighthouse in Australia. Anyway, the bloke that was in charge, he was like seventy five. We went up to the top of it and he's like, you must remain behind this yellow line. I stepped over.
Speaker 6: The yellow probably bouncing hyperactively, just to look, just to see.
Speaker 23: Because I'm an adult, I'm going to like, you know, I'm not.
Speaker 6: A guy at me. I'm a seventy year old, you know, ancient mariner.
Speaker 23: The next second he stood out of line. He said, get back in line. Dare you step out of the line.
Speaker 4: I told you do.
Speaker 6: Not do that. Is it dangerous?
Speaker 5: Is it the revolving Were you by the revolving light or something.
Speaker 23: It's the highest point of the lighthouse and it's just their safety.
Speaker 3: Obviously.
Speaker 23: You know, in today's day and age, we can't trust adults to just not to because the.
Speaker 6: People like you, they don't respect the lighthouse line.
Speaker 23: But like, there's no way I was going to fall off it. It's so hot, Like the thing in front of you is so high.
Speaker 5: Maybe that old guy maybe he saw one day and they're stuck in it to the stay.
Speaker 23: Yep, maybe, but I mean I just and he just went absolutely bonkers at me, and I was so I went back to that little child and when you got in trouble.
Speaker 5: Yes, I was in that pizza shop. Yeah, suddenly I went from fifty one to eleven.
Speaker 4: But it's even worse to get told off in front of all your family, my.
Speaker 23: Whole family, and then some other.
Speaker 6: Random But I bet they love to see it. I bet they'd love to see it.
Speaker 5: I remember were years ago a policewoman told my wife and I off, are not letting our dogs are off the leash. We used to live near this deer part and they were like the queen owned them or something, so of protected species. And I went absolutely, my wife does not like people telling her off. My wife started to answer back The police officer walked towards me whispered to me, went you need to get your wife under control, and that I didn't know who I was more frightened off my wife.
Speaker 6: I was just like, this is quite a vibe right now.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: O'Connell's show, Have You wether Swinner, thank you very much for joining us. Lines are open now. We do this every Wednesday. We love hearing your stories of coincidence and chants. We call it what are the odds I believe.
Speaker 9: It or not?
Speaker 4: What are the odds?
Speaker 6: You've gotta be justing me, like, why are you quin who married a twin? What believe it or not? We don't know.
Speaker 22: I booked dinner with a friend on Saturday night under the name Julius or seven o'clock. I hear someone coming in a female voice. I've got a table book for seven o'clock for two people under the name Julia, and it was a different person.
Speaker 12: Went to the football with a mate of mine, sat next to an old couple and he was an old speedway racer. So I said, oh, whereabouts for your base goes?
Speaker 13: Well, a little town called Thortney's in London, I said, I'm from thortneyth We lived in the same house. Ten years ago.
Speaker 20: I was due to have my first child. We knew it was a boy, so we had three names picked out. We had Simon, Hugo and Lucas. I gave birth, had my little boy. The doctor lifted him up and she said, I've delivered two boys today, a Simon and a Hugo. And of course we looked at each other and we said, it's eight Yep, it's Lucas.
Speaker 6: What are the odds? Now?
Speaker 5: Someone is sitting pretty excited over there holding snake eyes.
Speaker 4: I've got a double barreled story for you.
Speaker 6: Okay, light now.
Speaker 4: When I was out with my family delivering bin stickers to people at random last week, could be any house.
Speaker 6: Not really, it's been pre arranged. But yeah, we'll go all this street set up already.
Speaker 5: You're this knocking on doors. I listened to Fox, I love them, doesn't matter putting this on it, but.
Speaker 4: They randomly called the show and archer stickers. I first went to Fred's house. Before Fred lived in that house, I was friends with the family who lived there. I'd been in his house.
Speaker 3: Already mentioned it.
Speaker 6: People listen right, Now this is a good what are the odds? To be fair?
Speaker 4: Then get this the very next house. I go to a guy called Peter. He lives next door to my best friend's parents' house. No, that is not no, not so worthy.
Speaker 6: That isn't an amazing story. The first one is a kind of wow, what are the odds?
Speaker 4: So I knocked on the door and end up having a half hour chatter Shannon and John, my friend's parents.
Speaker 6: We've got some audio here and it is quite something.
Speaker 8: I think I used to know that people who lived in this house. You used to know them? Yeah you still do. I think I've been in this house. I'm actually not joking.
Speaker 5: I literally think the acting is so powerful him. At first I thought was watching one of those amazing adverts. You're doing it for Hubled. I thought, oh my god, he's got another bonus platform that is not acting.
Speaker 4: That was right, Well, that is a mind being blown in real time.
Speaker 8: I think I used to know that people who lived in this house. You used to know them? Yeah, maybe you still do.
Speaker 4: I think I've been in this house. I'm actually not joking. I literally think I've been in this house.
Speaker 6: Your son's lost interest in your poor wife is going like she's walking to.
Speaker 5: Children now down the park there? Okay, the wait, he's got more audio.
Speaker 8: How long are you?
Speaker 6: Hell? Could I sit down glass of some cordial or something. I'm a bit lightheaded? Them being rocked with the reality. Hello, it's just beat me on the back side.
Speaker 8: How long you lived here?
Speaker 6: He's lost his mind?
Speaker 8: But I've been in this house?
Speaker 4: Do you know the people here?
Speaker 8: Is it right?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: No interest? Are they? They're shutting that door? Going on the radio is quite interesting, man.
Speaker 4: I think one must have to be a.
Speaker 6: Filter on the microphone.
Speaker 4: I think what must have happened is there's two families.
Speaker 8: Who's living?
Speaker 4: They don't know the family that I knew?
Speaker 6: Gotcha? And again, how long.
Speaker 8: I reckon? I've been in this house? Do you know the people here?
Speaker 15: Neil?
Speaker 8: And is it right? No?
Speaker 6: You know what I say?
Speaker 4: Huge?
Speaker 6: Can't believe it? Nine four one four one o four three? All right, let's pick someone right now.
Speaker 5: Hello, art supply teacher Caitlin on the phone today.
Speaker 6: Sorry, she's getting the easels out.
Speaker 5: She's coming to work today. Now have you seen what she's wearing todays?
Speaker 4: Smart?
Speaker 6: He's always very fun, the teacher.
Speaker 4: This is a two and fifty dollars Jumper.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, Jack, Jack's right, just like cool king gone wrong.
Speaker 3: It looks like you've been painting the house and and what's with the top of it. It's all ripped across the.
Speaker 5: Pretty lizard and name. Producer Rio called it any here where were we? Oh?
Speaker 6: Yes, the show? Nick? Good morning, good morning, Nick?
Speaker 11: What are odds?
Speaker 6: Thank you Nick? If you go with his story?
Speaker 13: All right, So about twelve years ago, we went to the RSPCA to adopt a dog, and our dog was in a litter of six six girls Jack Russell's, and you know, it was just playing around with all the dogs, and one came up to us. Dog was called Jess, and all the dogs in that litter had been named after a member.
Speaker 10: Of staff at the RSPCA.
Speaker 13: So you know, we picked our dog Jess, went to fill out the paperwork and we realized that the dog was Jess Adams, named after a member of staff, Jess Adams, and our family name, our last name is also Adams. So complete coincidence, and yeah, it was meant to be.
Speaker 5: It is pretty reminded. No, no, no, it's pretty remarkable. But do you go so, yeah, you judge it now.
Speaker 2: Christiano Donald's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show, What are the odds? Christian O'Connell's showing gold Christian. I was actually just thinking yesterday, why doesn't the show make some branded show beanies because it's so cold? And hang on a second, what are the odds? You're doing it now?
Speaker 6: You can have one? All right?
Speaker 5: Nine four one four one o four three? What are the odds? Already it's happening, guys, It's happening right now. Donar's on the line. The next column going.
Speaker 6: To Donna, double Donna right now, this moment in time, we're sharing doing a feature. What are those odds? Donna? Donna?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What are you got it? Donna Donner number one off you go?
Speaker 15: Oh well.
Speaker 21: I grew up with two younger sisters, and my auntie used to work at the Royal Hobart Hospital with a young guy and she used to go in every morning and say, God, you look like my niece. And she used to take him photos and show him. So about twenty years later, one of my sisters died trade tribling and it was all over the news and this guy turned up. Apparently he turned out to being my brother. So yes, we discovered we have thirteen other siblings.
Speaker 6: What do you mean our brothers and sisters and family.
Speaker 21: Yes, I grew up with her and found out I was one of thirteen.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 4: And so your auntie was working with this guy and had no idea he was related to you, just looked a little.
Speaker 21: It looked similar, he had a different last name. And yeah, we turned out to be brother and sister.
Speaker 6: So are you saying that, donnad You never would have known about any of this, and until blessure you, you lost your poor sister's life. And then it was on the news. Then someone saw that.
Speaker 21: And then start to sister and gang the brother that night because he flew over that night and we met him, and then we slowly found out all these others coming out of the woodwork.
Speaker 6: What incredible story hmmm, wowow.
Speaker 21: And he was mum's first born.
Speaker 5: So yes, and so you all sort of in each other's lives. Now what happened afterwards?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 21: Yes, we kept in Paso. Yes, there's one we've never met. He was fostered out, so to this day he's a year older than me, so we don't know. Yeah, but yes, so I've met all the others yes, and unfortunately we lost mum's two years ago.
Speaker 5: So well, Donna, thank you very much for trusting us and sharing his story today. It's an incredible family story there, thank you, thanks question.
Speaker 6: All right, have a nice day. Thanks. Going to show us in the morning, Donna number two, Good morning, Good morning, Donna number two. Donna number two. What is your story of amazing coincidence and chance? What have you got?
Speaker 17: All right, it's a bit of a long one, but I'm going to compact it. A few years ago, I used to go to work on a train with each lady. We used to meet at the station, have a coffee, and go on the train together every morning. Anyway, a couple of years later, I had a car. I sold it to this young bloke. Anyway, a couple of years later I find out I had an adopted sister. So when we met my adopted sister that was fostered, stopped it out. We went to meet her and her family, and when we got to the house, the car in the driveway was the car that I solded this young blake, and we thought, that's how, that's my old car. So we go into the house. Her adopted mother was a lady that I went on the train with every morning and had coffee with the years and yeah, it was all crazy and yeah, so her doctor mother was the lady I traveled with her brother, brought my car and we all walked in and there's me car and this lady I went on a train with every morning.
Speaker 4: Wow, a big soup of coincidence.
Speaker 6: It is a big soup of coincidency.
Speaker 17: Soup, Yes, very soupy.
Speaker 11: What are.
Speaker 15: The odds?
Speaker 6: Thank you all right, John A number two? Thank you very much the story. Have a good morning. That's cooler, show you too.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell Show. Christian, what are the odds? The coldest suburb this morning? Cold stream? Oh my god, what are the odds?
Speaker 6: Christian?
Speaker 5: And my mom and I were born on the same day in the same hospital. Were not the same days?
Speaker 4: You mean otherwise that's not your mom.
Speaker 5: Please don't deal with us, Mark, can you because that's what we've said here? Mark, Can we get some clarity as CP. I'm not going to sleep tonight. I thought that I'm the guy to tell you where I don't.
Speaker 6: Think that's that's what's been. I know we all have these family lives. That's a big one. Mark. What are the odds? Col Mark born the same days? Mum? Mark? What I mean that would be the biggest Shut the picture down, Mark? And is mom born on the same day?
Speaker 5: Too big for the feature. It's up there with another big one I heard recently.
Speaker 6: How is it? Neil and Jette up for grabs today on the time waist you can go.
Speaker 5: Oh Friday nights see some amazing football. See Arsenal versus A League All Stars Women and ucrsou United are in town versus A League All Stars Men, May the twenty fourth Friday Night Marvel Stadium. Tickets are a ticket check and you can win a double pass right now. Okay, we're looking for your social media movies on world MySpace Remembrance Day.
Speaker 6: This is chilling.
Speaker 5: We spend two hours and fifty seven minutes a day on social media three hours.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to cut down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd suggest to be a lot more for a lot more people, but.
Speaker 6: That's a long Yeah.
Speaker 5: Just actually depressing reading that seventy seven percent of us use the phones on the loop on one of them. Twenty percent haven't dropped their phones in the toilet at least once in their life.
Speaker 6: All right, so we're looking for your social media movies.
Speaker 5: You've seen the classic. It's quite an older movie, Jack, what's up up?
Speaker 4: What's up done?
Speaker 6: What's app doc? More like? One's a bit cold in the room right now? What are the odds?
Speaker 5: Tinderetder Gold, pretty in Pinterest? Oh, check out my new alban and what we could do with the bathroom Chris.
Speaker 6: Thank you Silver, My wife loves pinter future plans, tweet, pray love Gold, the Time Traveler's Wi Fi not the Time Travelers?
Speaker 4: Why'd yeah?
Speaker 6: Gold? And you get this a lot? I bet you did this, Patsy.
Speaker 5: You know you see one of your friends, one of the sisters, having a tough done on Facebook. They put one of those messages like, oh just having the worst week ever, and someone like Patsy goes under that.
Speaker 6: You okay, Han, Yeah, what's the movie to do with that? You're wondering?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 6: Okay, Hunger Games. My work here is done. Ah. I showed you one hand, but wait.
Speaker 4: Very labored work from.
Speaker 6: Beautifully labored like the Sistine Chapel.
Speaker 5: That's Neatewhood. It's the people's gold. Jack, What have you got? Social media movies?
Speaker 4: TikTok to do Little, TikTok to do little when Harry met Selfie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's good. Yeah, silver plus.
Speaker 4: Field of memes. They suck silver though filter for old men.
Speaker 6: That's gold. That's good. I like that.
Speaker 4: And for Frankie Muniz fans.
Speaker 5: Of the movie, excuse me, and that's the core demo Frankie Moonez fans.
Speaker 4: Not agent Cody Banks, agent Emoji Banks.
Speaker 5: Okay, gold, I'm going to give that for the Frankie Mooners reference car.
Speaker 7: You're listening to the Christian of Kyle's show.
Speaker 5: Podcast, Christian Connell's show Time wast Today, we're looking for your social media movies.
Speaker 6: Best in show.
Speaker 5: You have to see the A League in Action against Arsenal Women's team be amazing on Friday night. You can still get your tickets a ticket tech. All right, social media movies, Jack, you're ready to mark.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 6: Edward Only fans.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's gonna be hard to make, God plus.
Speaker 5: Very smart, well done, Santo Cartelli. Edward Only fans, very good social media movies today that no Country for scroll Men, Silver, Libby, My space Balls, Silver, madn Aiden, Hitty Chitty, Instagramming, Bronze Paul and Coo E RT Cold Today's you once upon a hashtag in Hollywood, Silver, Jimoji.
Speaker 6: Gold plus Nick well done the hunt for Reddit October Gold very smart, Lee comment.
Speaker 4: That's not bad Gold.
Speaker 5: I hope none of us have ever left a comment in the comment section. Perhaps what have you ever left? Any of the comments under an article in the comment section? Probably put a faint name and did one for when it was announced I was coming here.
Speaker 3: Go home.
Speaker 6: Yeah that she was said, Still get that one. Oh yeah, Juice Bigelow, Google Male Jiggilow, Bronze A I am legend Bronze capture if you can, Gold, Oh, click on those fire hydrants.
Speaker 5: But on Corey dm me Miss Daisy Gold very good, that's some Gavin Zoom with a view, Silva Vicki Twitter on the roof, Snapchat to the future from Pete Silva, all right.
Speaker 6: Who is best in show?
Speaker 4: Well onto Santo for Edward only fair it.
Speaker 6: Could only be that's an ounce standing one.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show, Christian. A few weeks ago, you had a segment on things that aren't available anymore that people wish would come back. You had a call what they call talking about pine lime nest quick or the beginning, not sure which one.
Speaker 6: What are the odds, Christian, I'm doing the shot this morning, listening to you see attached photo. It is there. He's found it, pine lime nest quick.
Speaker 4: We couldn't even find it on the line.
Speaker 5: He shots every week, They've never had it. He believes this is a testament to the power of the show. Graham, I choose to believe that as well.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 5: I should have just said before I played this in case you're thinking we're trying to cause a rebellion about pine lucking nest quick.
Speaker 6: Why we're not taking it. We're not going to.
Speaker 5: Take Can and Jackie Oh taking all our marketing money rolling into town and scooping up all the listeners. No, we have no marketing money. We work for the same company as Carl and Jackie Oh. I know, and they have taken our marketing money. The only marketing we have are your bins. We have these bin stickers. We send them out to you. You'll stick them on your bins. You are our marketers. We need the bins out on the curb side. There's two reasons now. One is the bins need to be out parade so you can promote the show. Otherwise we'll be out of the job. We'll be out in the streets within but weeks right now, So we need you to promote.
Speaker 6: The shows and get the bins out on the curb side. That's our battlefront of the moment is the curve size of Melbourne. And the other thing is, if you've already got your stickers, thank you very much to putting them on. Get them out the front.
Speaker 5: I know it might not be midnight tonight, put them out the front tomorrow morning. Guess who's driving around the verbs Rio on the roads.
Speaker 6: Very exciting. Name is Rio and he drives around the streets.
Speaker 5: I don't know what roads his name is again real he drives down your roads.
Speaker 4: Now do I have to do that opening for that? Or if it sounds weird to sing about myself? So maybe Jack, we should do it.
Speaker 6: Rappers do it and you have the swagger of a rapper.
Speaker 4: Jason not Jay z gone for.
Speaker 6: He did he? No? Okay, So that's the one on the show. Rio Auterbus driving on the suburbs. And if he sees a sticker, and it's your being out the front on the curb. He will knock on your door. He's there, you be you know, Hello the sleep I love, I love the character you're you're playing to type a guess, Hello, who's there? It's the Jason to the Christian O'Connor. You're wrapping you a priss.
Speaker 4: Does this mean I get a price for having my binsticker ound overnight?
Speaker 6: Open the Bloody Lady?
Speaker 5: Oh you won a beanie hat, Gold class tickets. Go see the contenders. Racy, but it's about tennis challenges. Oh yeah, the blood is that anyway?
Speaker 6: Little role play? Carl a brighter not.
Speaker 7: You're listening to The Christian o'cyls Show podcast