Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Pats, morning, Good morning Jack.
Speaker 3: Could see you guys.
Speaker 2: What a gift this weekend.
Speaker 4: The weather wall. I can't believe it's like autumn. I was speaking to my dad yesterday. He was going to must be bitterly cold out there. Now it's autom went. I was sat down the beach this afternoon watching sunset, have an ice cream. I really was. I said, this autumn at the moment is not too shabby, not at all.
Speaker 2: It was sister real the whole weekend.
Speaker 4: The sun was out and I think you appreciate it even more because it is autumn, and you know, mine need to get out there as much as possible and to get the solar energy into myself.
Speaker 3: It's going to last me through the hibernation.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's coming this week or what's come, but it was just an extra bounce a gift this weekend. So yesterday my eldest daughter, she's in year twelve, so she's got a big legal sack. Today at four o'clock and I said, it got to about half four, and I said, why don't we go down to the beach and just go down the beach for a bit. I said, bring the revision notes she's gone, and so she took her. We took her revision down to the beach and I was quizzing her in a little bit, and then we watched the sunset, and then we went to get ice cream, and that two hours was just joyce.
Speaker 3: What a great way to do revision as well, rather than stuck in your room at a desk trying.
Speaker 4: We did argue after a while, I said, look at the sunsets here, do we still need to be doing the revision? You're not? You know exactly that Swen and William's daddy, King Richard Christian on in the head. Actually she got a little bit nerdy. They think we're in the club together, all like legal club. You know, it's ruin the vibe a bit on the constant. Dad tells me on this, Okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, most of this is common sense. I think, yeah, And.
Speaker 2: Then I did the if you don't know by now, you're not going to know it tomorrow.
Speaker 4: That is true. Short cham memory has extra capacity. I think you know enough.
Speaker 3: Let's get you know enough.
Speaker 4: You keep saying this is my last year at school, And went the most of it, I know, and ice cream and the sun, all of these things that are really important.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we went to the she still call them ice cream shop. What would you call it?
Speaker 4: Ice creamery?
Speaker 2: Ice creamery?
Speaker 4: Oh, let's grow to the creamery. We went to the ice creamery and they're constantly bringing out new flavors.
Speaker 3: What did you go for?
Speaker 4: I've never tried this before. I looked behind me to chat. There was no one who could hear me order such a thing. Luckily there was no one else there. I went for creanbrewlet.
Speaker 2: As right.
Speaker 3: So crembray as a dessert is the one that they fire up and it goes caramel wine and it's.
Speaker 2: Got that nice.
Speaker 4: Seal and you feel like you're waking up the goodness and it comes out going dig into mild workout to crack into it, you're breaking new ground into the.
Speaker 3: So does the ice cream version have all the little caramelized chips in there?
Speaker 2: That's why I was.
Speaker 4: I was hoping that I would somehow have to crack it. But of course the young lady who was serving me did that for me with that scoopy thing, just smashed it all up and then just by the time I got it in the in the cone. It was all pre broken for you to do, and then it was just a GOOPI script to be honest, there's nothing worse when you have high expectations in life.
Speaker 2: Second by in, I went, not enjoying this at all. Actually it's sick.
Speaker 3: Anytime we go to an ice cream marine, I always go for chocolate, Ben Bianker rolls her eyes because there's hundreds of flavors. Why don't you try something new. This has tim tam chunks in and this has something else, you know what. I know I'm going to like chocolate.
Speaker 4: So anyway, I go back in there. The lady goes everything all right, and I lied, I went, I dropped it on the floor. Then she went, I'll give you a free one. Then I felt really bad because there was no one in there, and I no, no, no, I insisted pretty much paid. I don't want to. Then go I'm lying, because she's like, you're going to ask, man, what is going on with you right now?
Speaker 3: I dropped it on the floor cleaning all myself, so it's nothing. You can't find it.
Speaker 4: Out on the pavement, No, no, round the corner. But he parks outside it says around the corner. I tripped and he kept rolling down the street and then the car drug over and it's all in his tire. So there's nothing out there. There's nothing out there to see. And then it went. I can have good old sorted caramel Chack.
Speaker 1: Delivered guys, The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Batsy, Did you go to the Leonardo da Vinci exhibition at the Loom over the weekend?
Speaker 6: Yes, went to Loom on Saturday. If you have a chance, you have got to go. It's at the Melbourne Convention Center. It's just opened.
Speaker 4: Reviews here sprint. I am phenomenal.
Speaker 2: I'm curious to hear what you all made of it.
Speaker 6: So he loved it, loved it, loved it. We were there for like four hours. Oh wow, it was just incredible, and I think.
Speaker 4: We'll go back. You know, sometimes we spin on stuff on the show, but four hours at the da Vinci show, we were trapped in there something.
Speaker 6: It's so great. So you go in and you go, OK, yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't want any more. Da Vinca to.
Speaker 3: Do all his drafts and you can't just go straight to the mon.
Speaker 2: Some of the designs he threw away.
Speaker 6: He really wasn't overachiever that guy, wasn't he like that.
Speaker 2: Was called he was all take it easy.
Speaker 6: He was insane. I actually didn't realize how much stuff he invented and what a genius he really was. Like he was he would have been that kid at school that was good at everything, Like it was just in.
Speaker 2: He's a bit more than some hyperactive kid. You know, Renaissance.
Speaker 3: Polymers, top of math class.
Speaker 2: And great chest too.
Speaker 6: But you walk in and so the main sort of arena, they have the big screens like they do at Loom with all of his artworks projected, and it tells a story, and they play the most beautiful classical music and they have these massive, big beanbags and you just sort of lay on them.
Speaker 2: That's another thing.
Speaker 4: People don't want his hand than to bean back.
Speaker 3: When you're in there for four hours?
Speaker 4: Are those people needy a couple of hours?
Speaker 6: It was really funny though down one side last.
Speaker 2: Yet they just loving the shower, these bean bags.
Speaker 6: Down one side of the wall, there were all these dads. There was a couple snoring, but it had this overwhelming We left their feeling overwhelmingly relaxed, And I think it was a mix of what we were seeing and the music we were hearing. It was just a total immersive experience.
Speaker 2: You saw all of his famous artworks, of which the last supern.
Speaker 6: And it tells the story and obviously not the real mode Lisa, but tells you about given Australia were not trust to any that and some of his inventions or models of his inventions, things like you know, his his sort of plans for the first tank that they used in World War One. Elements of that went.
Speaker 4: Into shoes but I didn't know about the tank.
Speaker 3: So many some kind of flying contraption as well a lot.
Speaker 6: Of flying contraptions and like diving suits, the original diving suits, all these elements.
Speaker 2: How many years ago because of what was in fifteen hundreds.
Speaker 6: Yeah, fourteen fourteen, late fourteen hundreds into fifteen hundreds and just an absolute.
Speaker 4: Hundreds of years before any of those things actually manifested. He was dreaming them up. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And one thing that you will love, and there's a long queue, So my recommendation is if you go go there first, and that's to see the Codex Atlanticus, which is a collection of his original drawings for stuff like fixed wing what.
Speaker 2: Do you mean behind like protective case they've got the original.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the original sketches. Yeah, there's like eight or ten of them, and you're just standing there and you look and you know they're a bit stain on the.
Speaker 2: Paper, on the paper Pyras.
Speaker 6: Saw I'd say, so it's like really rough paper with ink.
Speaker 4: Obviously Chris obviously represent office work. He didn't design that, did he the amateur? And I think about these beanbacks.
Speaker 3: I can put that on three hundred gsm.
Speaker 6: But it's amazing because you're just standing there and you're thinking, my god, he's actually touched that paper and there.
Speaker 4: Was his own, his own sort of handwriting, and.
Speaker 6: There was a couple of stains and I'm thinking, what's he spilt on that? Then it's a bit of coffee.
Speaker 4: Too excited with the old flying machines?
Speaker 7: Leo?
Speaker 2: Is that Mead?
Speaker 4: He's still.
Speaker 6: It's a bit of white ink on that bit. But honestly it was great. We want to go back.
Speaker 4: It was so good to go.
Speaker 2: I've never been to loom.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's brilliant. You've been having you.
Speaker 3: Jack No Bianker went to the Van Go one raved I've never been. I really want to go to this.
Speaker 6: It's a beautiful space. Totally immercible go if you can, all right.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Patsy.
Speaker 8: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Patsy, when you were at the Da Vinci, the Big.
Speaker 4: Show of the Loom, is it true that you used to write a lot in reverse?
Speaker 6: Actually, it's funny you say that because one of the pieces of paper in that Atlantic exhibition. We're looking at it and Chris is going, is that upside down? Took us about five minutes to realize that it was. In fact, it's kind of back the front the way around with it.
Speaker 4: I think you wrote a lot of reverse. I think he was worried about his plans being found, so he used to write in reverse.
Speaker 6: Yes, it took us a while to work it out. It's like they haven't actually hung that right. They need to come back and fix it.
Speaker 4: It's amazing that you saw a lot of its original diagrams, because I think the most expensive book ever sold is that Codex, Da Vinci's Codex. It's like Bill Gates brought it years ago for like, I don't know, I think it was like sixty million. So that he's saying because he said he was going to give it to museums so that everyone could see it.
Speaker 3: So it's on individual pages or right, So they ripped him out of the notebook.
Speaker 4: I think white gloves would have levitated them out of something. I don't think they would have just can't like, you know, a ruler and gone about this. Gates, get some clue to put that all back in a billion dollar book.
Speaker 2: You've got there five hundred years old.
Speaker 6: But it didn't look like they'd been bound. Maybe I don't know, maybe they were loose, but it was incredible.
Speaker 4: Jackie Boy, tell us about how you mum getting a moment. Jack's mum, this is incredible, right, she's she's in Japan.
Speaker 3: Yes, she retired last year, so she's making the most of her and her sister and her nephew are in Japan together, and they've set up this Instagram account because mom like for when she goes traveling, you get a dump of photos every day of what they're doing.
Speaker 4: Everything they say.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 4: I don't now that our parents are online and starting up to speed with it all. They realize it's a way of just overloading. Yes, so she even made us. It's like a gold rush to them, isn't it.
Speaker 3: She's made a separate new Instagram account that's high level that I mean, Hap's off for that called Ninchuwa Kids love It name. She'd be selling up for millions and news to come. She won't need that hubble money. Did you pay again or not? She's obviously realized that there's not there's going to be too much Japan content for her personal Instagram because.
Speaker 6: I've been following on Facebook and the photos are amazing well.
Speaker 3: Followed, but on kids because they've only got twenty one followers at the moment. So she I thought it was a great idea because then if we want to follow and see everything that she's seeing in Tokyo, we can choose to town. Yet I find that she's still spamming the WhatsApp group account for the family with every Tokyo photo that's going on to gninschu Wa Kids.
Speaker 4: To how many photos you get in a day for fine?
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, what forty to fifty? I'm going to scroll and see this is and so look look at this witch's hats on the ground, a statue of a giraffe, you mum on the train. It's like it's just endless Christian and it's you.
Speaker 2: She's mama beast. She's going to become bigger than mister beast.
Speaker 4: These aren't photos of mum in Japan, say where's your mud?
Speaker 3: It's like she's got a camera on her head and pointing one way.
Speaker 2: It's an unsoundfee stick.
Speaker 3: She's gone to some video game museum and it's just photo after photo of everything she's seen at the video game Mum. It's been like if you went to the loom yesterday and just no photos of you there, just took a photo of every single exit on every piece of artwork you saw, and then dumped it into the family. One tip where we used to communicate.
Speaker 4: So you be honest. I have you muted it yet?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes? Enough?
Speaker 8: Set well Christian no Connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Every week on the show, we pick a year, We go back to a year, We talk about what was going on that year, and then I got a couple of big hits from that year, but only one second of those songs Chack and Pants take each other. On today, we go back to nineteen eighty six. Big Year, nineteen eighty six, Hainey's comet flew past the first time in seventy five years? Do you remember that? On the news?
Speaker 6: I remember that my brother and sister in law got married around that time. It was about April that we could see it, and I remember going out of the reception. We're all out on the balcony looking for and we saw it. It was very clear to see in the sky.
Speaker 4: That would have been incredible. Channe Obyl Nuclear power plant exploded in the well as it was then the USSR, the first ever Mexican wave was born at the nineteen eighty six World Cup, and Crocodile Dundee became the highest grossing Australian film of all time. Thirty eight years later, it still hasn't been top which is amazing. It's got a nice, nice there's an I remember going to see that the cinema. And this is in the eighties where Patsy you remember this. There was no guarantee you would ever get to see the movie because you could. There was no pre booking or anything like that. You would have to just go and queue up, que up, so often even if you I remember actually going on a date in nineteen eighty six with a girl to go and see Top Gun. We just didn't get in. We said, what you know, you said? We just wander around the streets kicking cans and stuff like that. I never saw it again. Actually, surely after that she told me she was moving away from the area she stood at school three afore. So tite takes a long time the pack guys, okay, but yeah, there was no pre booking.
Speaker 2: You were going queue up around the side of the cinema. Do you remember that?
Speaker 4: But I mean I do remember going to see Crocodile Dundee with my mates and it was just such a relentlessly funny movie.
Speaker 3: With all respect to Crocodile Dundee, I don't think it's still the highest growthing film ever.
Speaker 4: What it no Australian. Oh Strake look smarting, he's that smug laughing with old respect. You actually think the producer of the show, I thought it was bigger, right than Titanic Star Wars.
Speaker 2: The Jokers on you.
Speaker 4: My friend and I do one of my pain. Make sure we get the video of.
Speaker 2: That when someone goes with all jew respect.
Speaker 4: He was resting his pipe all drew respect learned by learning Connie. What a beautiful moment. Oh that and con Jack come to our city. It's Christmas Day for you. Also in nineteen eighty six. Uh, this is a very small movie you know barey made any money. Top Gun was out. I did get to see it and a movie that I still love. Watched it during the long time dark days of COVID with my daughters. They loved it too, stand By Me. As time went on, we saw less and less of Teddy and Earl, until eventually they became just two more faces in the halls. It happens. Sometimes friends come in and out of your life, like bus boys in a restaurant. If you've never seen stand By Me one of them, it's still a treat now, and it's got one of the greatest final few lines about the teenage years and those friendships that burned actually forever, even though you might not see each other in the world, and various things happen and you all drift off, but those friendships you form when you're a teenager are stay with you. There's the final scene where Richard Jafus, who is Gordy in the movie, has become the writer and you don't there are no words, but you read what he's writings. He's talking about his life story and growing up in that amazing summer. Although I hadn't seen him more than ten years, I know I'll miss him forever. I never had any friends later on like the ones I did when I was twelve. Jesus does anyone Isn't that amazing? I love that.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 4: This week on the Golden Year. Then we are going back to nineteen eighty six. I'll have some of the big hits from nineteen eighty six, but just one second clips for Jack and Pats to take each other on. You can play along as well. It's just saying too chack and a shoe, how nineteen eighty six. In the eighties, you used to have real varieties in the kind of movies that will come out every year. So we're just talking about how Crocodile under He came out in eighty six, Top Gun and Stand By Me. But there was also Ferri Spooler's Day Off, and then I would call just pure comedy movies, right, So for me it was it was a three Amigos. Three Amigos had Steve Martin, Chevy Chase and Martin Shorton and it was one of those unashamed comedies. Sometimes I get modern comedy movies, not all of them, like Daredevil is very right only all the way through, but somewhere.
Speaker 2: They're funny for a bit and then they need to.
Speaker 4: Have some message to it, to almost like they're apologizing for the jokes that they've done. Well, that's what's But even the Jackass movies, they're just funny all the way through.
Speaker 3: But when it's sad that you don't go to the cinemas to watch a comedy movie anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jim, remember I can't think of the last.
Speaker 3: One I went to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, do you remember like all the like the Freddie Brothers movies with Jim carry Jimmy Jim Carrey went on a just a just a stream of like really relentlessly funny movies that you would actually go with your friends and everyone collectively would laugh their asses off. You come out, you'd feel amazing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was watching this video that explain that how studios are set up now. If you're not making a little independent film, you're making a huge blockbuster superhero movie essentially. So you've got these two. Either got a super huge budget movie or you've got a tiny budget movie. So there's not this stream of movies in between, like comedies or like just great films with great stories, like stand by me being made anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I always think it's odd that there's no Best Comedy category in the Oscars, because I think it's actually harder to make a really, really laugh outload funny movie. Junks are very hard to write, so I think it's actually harder. The drum, all right, nineteen eighty six, the big hits? One second, game now, one second from all the big hits from nineteen eighty six?
Speaker 2: Check and Pats, you're taking each other on?
Speaker 4: You ready? Let me go? All right?
Speaker 6: Farslitch Hammer, Peter Gabriel, Bang.
Speaker 4: Good tune?
Speaker 2: What about this?
Speaker 4: Here? A lot in this station. I know you weren't around in the eighties, Jat, but you're around right now, and you'll hear a lot of must be seven o'clock on goals one o'clock or four o'clock or six?
Speaker 2: Ye Anny Logan, Patty?
Speaker 6: What about this take My Breath Away Berlin? Wow, the same soundtrack.
Speaker 4: I'm fired up today, Kay and j there's no room for you, honest on these dials, with all true respect, checking boy tapeart, please take part?
Speaker 2: All right? What about this big hit from eighty six?
Speaker 3: Your ride to party?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: There he is, all right? All right. What about this this band? One of them made it into your news Friday past.
Speaker 6: Oh oh yeah, pet shop boys? What's the song though? Could you play it again?
Speaker 4: Plase? I can.
Speaker 6: I don't know what that song is.
Speaker 2: Western Girl, Western Girl, Keyboard, keyboard kee keep.
Speaker 4: If you missed it on Friday's news, perhaps you had a news story one of the pet Shop Boys doesn't like the new Tennis Swift album. You couldn't even bother to name whether it's Neil Tennant or the other mumbley or the end of keyboard It was on the Roland.
Speaker 3: Also, with all due respect to the pet shop boy, why are we going for their take on Taylor Swift?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Say oh what would you respect?
Speaker 4: What about this?
Speaker 3: Walk This Way? Aerosmith?
Speaker 6: Well done and.
Speaker 4: Run DMC all right?
Speaker 2: One last final song from nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 3: Final campdown Europe.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well done, I.
Speaker 2: Reckon that was pretty even strong. Comeback from chat.
Speaker 8: A brighter now you're listening to the question. You know, Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about how everyone's weekends was so every every Monday. Sorry, I forgot most on a Saturday because I came in this Saturday. It was the last time I was in every Monday, we was asking you about Sorry, every Monday, we was asking about how what's the story of your weekend? What do you get up to this weekend? Six words, Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 6: Well? Six words? I was blown away by the psychic. I spoke to Rita, who had spoken to Caitlin last week, and also Jack and I had a session with her last Now it is.
Speaker 4: Only time before you you went along because the more that she said to Jack and all the things she said to Kate, then I knew that you would want to get involved.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she is. She's a real deal. She was amazing. So you got a lot from it, got a lot from it. She knew me to a t. She described me perfectly, saying I'm an alpha female auderies as well, which makes our.
Speaker 4: Help I do and I corner. But she also said that Jack was an alpha.
Speaker 3: And she said Kaitlyn is an alpha, so I feel like alpha is her.
Speaker 4: To see it suddenly go this way, you sat down there, Beta, I fat, Delta, Zelta, I don't go even You're not even any of them, she said.
Speaker 6: Chris and I are complete polar opposites, which.
Speaker 3: She said she said that about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, perfectly matched and we we're best friends, but we need to have more date nights.
Speaker 4: She said, oh my god.
Speaker 3: I can't believe I got that. I don't want to wreck it for you, but I like got that as well.
Speaker 6: Well, there was nothing wrong with our plumbing.
Speaker 4: You were talking about your relationship the date night. I was so glad because the human is all right, because I know we had that Klonoscopedia of the week.
Speaker 6: Nothing wrong with the plumbing.
Speaker 3: Three Caitlin and I both got told that our houses we need to watch the plumbing. That can be issues in the house.
Speaker 6: Ours is fine, but we will buy a second house apparently green news.
Speaker 4: Yeah, any ideas where?
Speaker 6: No, no, but she thought maybe down Geelong Way, like a beach house. But I thought, well that's on the bucket list. But I don't know how close that is. But where she was really accurate that wasn't like you or Caitlyn. She tapped into deceased loved ones and it was phenomenal. So she said to me, I'm getting a pat. Is there a pat?
Speaker 4: Not you?
Speaker 6: You better pat? And I said, actually yes, that's Chris's father who's passed. And she was grabbing at her throat and she said, he can't breathe. There's something wrong with his breathing. And she said, he's telling me now to tell Chris that he can breathe really well. Now now Pat passed away of himphiseema.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, past is very accurate.
Speaker 6: And I kind of burst into tears because it's like, how would she know that? And then she said, and he wants you to tell Chris that he's so proud of him, but he never told him that.
Speaker 4: Oh that's heartbreaking.
Speaker 6: And Chris just he was so appreciative hearing of hearing that. She said, he never told him how proud he was and his and then she said, did his parents meet it a dance? And I said, well, yes, which was quite common sort of in the fifties. And she said, because they're dancing now. And then she blew me away because she said, Pee, who was Chris's mum? She said, what's PEG's bringing up the lockett? What is it about the lockett? And it took me a while to register, and I'm going locket and I've gone, oh my god, the locket. And only Chris and I knew about this. So when Peg passed away, she passed away far too young. She had cancer and Chris was nineteen, you know, losing your mum at nineteen, and we'd sort of only been going out about five months, and I kind of felt really helpless in that situation family that well. Anyway, I had a childhood lockett that was very sentimental to me, and I wanted him to have it that day of her funeral. I said, just put that in your pocket, and I wrote him a little note of how I was feeling and just in support of him, and I said, can you, sweet, can you hold my lockett. I'm giving you this because it's part of me to give you comfort. And no one, no one knew about that but Chris and I.
Speaker 4: And I've never heard you mention it past. We've had so many stories about you in the time with Chris, but not that it's a beautiful Only.
Speaker 6: Chris and I knew it. It was just like a thing between us. And she said, PEG's telling you thank you for doing that for him, and I thought, wow, no one would know that. And then she brought my mother's mother into the picture and she said she was on a farm. I said, yes, she was, and she said she's showing me planning seedlings and she said, this is you, and she said your harvest is about to come. You've laid all the groundwork and you've done all this hard.
Speaker 4: It's true about you. You do know that is true. You're ready for the next evolution of pats. The world needs you.
Speaker 6: She said, your harvest is about to come.
Speaker 4: What is this podcast that it is launching in June.
Speaker 6: We're just doing a bit of paperwork at the moment.
Speaker 2: Local council office podcasting license.
Speaker 4: I mean, some people should have a license for it, and some people shouldn't have it.
Speaker 6: She said, push on with that, because she.
Speaker 4: Said you.
Speaker 3: Got the eyes and crossed the t.
Speaker 6: She said, do you have a story to tell? And your story needs to be told? You do, and she said it'll be through a podcast and she said I can also see a book down.
Speaker 2: You've got so much to say.
Speaker 6: That's expres And then she tapped into an uncle that had passed away long before I was even born, Uncle Eric, And she said, who was it in their twenties or thirties in a motor vehicle accident. I said oh, and she said it's a long time ago.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 6: I don't think you're even born. And I went, oh, maybe my dad's brother. And she said he's wearing a cap and I said, eh, there's only maybe one photo of him. And she said, he's tipping his cap to you and telling you, reminding you that life is short and not to waste any moment anyway. After I'd spoken.
Speaker 4: To Reading, I got so much from that.
Speaker 6: She was incredible.
Speaker 4: You've got Peppin's trying today as well. Can you back up to yourself?
Speaker 6: It was reaffirming, it was real. It was like spiritual for me. So I rang mom and I said, hey, listen, uncle Eric, what can you tell me about Uncle Eric? Did he wear a cap? And she goes, yes, he did, and I went, wow, she was spot on. He was wearing a cap, he was tipping his cap to me. I thought she was fantastic.
Speaker 4: I'm so glad you got so much from it, Poty, that's great.
Speaker 8: Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 4: A lot of you were asking who the psyche was that most of the team was seen. Rita is her name, Patsy? Do you know where they can find out more of what's the same? Read the psychic?
Speaker 6: No, she's she connected. Give me two seconds while I turn my phone on. She connected with me on that.
Speaker 4: Phone is off. Are we kidding? Now? Come on, who are you right now on this story?
Speaker 3: It's hard to find actually, because you've got to go to the back of her sister's hairdresser in Brunswick.
Speaker 6: We just did it over the phone FaceTime last night. Was brilliant. She's great. Maybe check with Caitlin, she's probably great.
Speaker 4: The listener to do that. Yeah, that's great to have that information for everybody.
Speaker 2: Don't really helped peep her out.
Speaker 1: Where is she?
Speaker 4: Reta Kitlyn? Yeah, the producer. You don't even know where that is?
Speaker 2: Jack? What's your six word?
Speaker 4: Weekend?
Speaker 3: Bank and I played in a golf tournament yesterday together as a team, together as a tea. It was a mixed tournament and we went out shopping Saturday to get matching golf outfits. Now I'm only new to golf. In October last year, I started.
Speaker 2: Doing really well.
Speaker 3: I'm really enjoying it. And Bianca hasn't played for almost twenty years, but played a lot as a junior when she was eleven twelve. She was great And even whenever we go to golf courses, people are like, oh wow, like she's we can see that she played as a kid because her swing is what we.
Speaker 4: Do with that?
Speaker 3: Oh I want to I want to be better than her, but I have to be patient at the moment. So not well yep, But yesterday we were on a team. So it's good to come together as a team and not be competitive with your teammate because we're working for the greatest.
Speaker 4: Does it work? Then? So who just are driving off? Do you take it in turns?
Speaker 3: We both you both play your own ball, and then at the end of the hole, whoever did better you take their score.
Speaker 4: Oh so the lowest shots.
Speaker 3: Yep, the lowest amount of shots friends. Yeah, and then you're going around with two other people, but you're taking on the whole field that goes out that day.
Speaker 4: So how do you get on?
Speaker 3: We won the whole thing.
Speaker 2: This is amazing. You weren't even paying golf this time last year.
Speaker 3: So the caveat is because you knew we're new to golf, we've got really high handicaps, so we're going to win.
Speaker 4: You do that as a grow now you go, yeah, he goes whole drop down caveat. It doesn't matter you want.
Speaker 3: And I in my whole life, I reckon. I've won maybe two sports trophies. I played a bit of volleyball in high school. One time sat on the bench the whole Grand Final and still got a trophy. So this is very big for us. Seventy five dollars to spend at the pro shop.
Speaker 4: Must be seventy five media on that mutt on, that old green jacket a tiger's worn so many times at the Masters, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: And a free drink at the bar last time.
Speaker 4: That must have felt great.
Speaker 3: It was brilliant. We had such a fun day because we actually we don't get to do too much stuff without Gordy at the moment because you know, it takes up so much time. We had we actually had two babysitters, my friends took it, took him in the morning, then swept over with my sister in the afternoon.
Speaker 4: So was it nine or eighteen holes?
Speaker 3: We're out all day yesterday and that we actually, you know, went to the shops, went and got matching clothes like we really wanted to.
Speaker 4: If it's okay, we put them up on our social media pages. The Christian Connor Show. So what colors you go for?
Speaker 3: We're in navy blue. I'm in an added ass with the stripes on the side.
Speaker 2: SPONSI sponsorship deal.
Speaker 3: We paid full price.
Speaker 4: Actually that's the first issue the bank, So sorry.
Speaker 3: The Yanks was under armour again, not sponsored, but just wanted to give you a full vibe of what we're wearing than you in blue black pants, both of us white shoes.
Speaker 4: Very sorry. Point. So what happens now You've got to go on together, the body and kind of golf to another tournament.
Speaker 3: You know what would have been so cool if we so we were just guests of the club, but if we had it been members, they would have actually put our names on one of those boards.
Speaker 2: Letter Oh my god, you often see those.
Speaker 4: Wow to be up there?
Speaker 6: Where did you plange?
Speaker 4: Jack?
Speaker 3: Latrobe Golf Course in Elphington. Nice course, love, tough course, tough course, very tough.
Speaker 2: One of the hardest in Victoria. Number three in the world.
Speaker 3: Know they said that Tiger Woods hit it into the Yarrow River.
Speaker 2: You go much better, well done.
Speaker 4: I'd love to hear stories of other grown ups who've won something, because you're right, it's rare as a grown up, your amateurs, you're doing it for fun, so it's an unexpected joy that you actually just actually won the whole thing.
Speaker 2: It must have felt great.
Speaker 4: Yesterday we felt unreal.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian know Connell's show podcast, Patsy the Details.
Speaker 4: I'm getting so many emails and we want to know more about Rita the Psychic. I will say this, be patient. She is very, very busy, even before we started talking about show members going to see her, Patsy.
Speaker 2: How can they find out more?
Speaker 6: So go to Instagram lowercase Rita underdash b underdash psychic. If you follow her, because it's private. If you follow her, then you'll be able to communicate with her.
Speaker 4: I don't think she it's not going to make an user whenever you see one underscore that's problematic too. Wow. All right, So winning as a grown up? Good morning Leanne, good morning, morning ly. I'm welcome to the show. So tell us about winning as a grown up. What did you win?
Speaker 5: I've won the Coach's Award for baseball in my first year at baseball. To start playing baseball at age fifty four. Good so, I because the oldest rookie and kept on getting deploy the ball sometimes and whatever. But yeah, but at the end of the year I have received the Coach's Award and that was in yeah, at age fifty four.
Speaker 2: Yesh, good for you. So are you one the coaches Award?
Speaker 8: I did?
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Are you still playing now?
Speaker 5: I've decided not to play because it's it's scary sometimes getting a ball pitch during the hunter ks an hour and your eyes like starting to fail a little bit. But I help how the team, the club is such an amazing club. So anyone that wants to play can play. We've got a person even traveled from Bendigo to play at our club in North kober to you because it's such a good team and such an accepting team. Doesn't matter your a doesn't matter, your weight, doesn't matter how good or bad you are. If you want to play, you come and play.
Speaker 4: This is amazing.
Speaker 5: I did have a thrill one of the week. So they you know, post the teams on Facebook and I was, you know, in the reserves, that's okay, but my team was actually on the top of the list, and I was like, I've never ever been colected first for a team, so all the way throughout my school whatever, and to actually get us through, I've seen my name on the top of the team list. That was Another girl.
Speaker 2: Liked, h what's the name of this? What's the name of the club.
Speaker 4: You remember me listening that we actually want to do someone of this. Take up baseball?
Speaker 5: Yeah, North Coburg rebels Nor.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: Okay, well listen ball Durham. Thank you very much. You give me us a.
Speaker 5: Call, like I said, very very opening, accepting and friendly club.
Speaker 4: Great. Okay, thank you very much. You call you and it's got a Deborah here before the news. Deborah, what have you won as a grown up?
Speaker 9: So two weeks ago my girlfriend and I won a horse navigation ride.
Speaker 4: What is that then?
Speaker 9: So it's like a car rally, but it's on horseback, different horse power. So we had there was a set of clues and cryptic questions and so you go off in the circuit. You have to make sure you follow the right clues to get the right direction of course, and then you have to stop and get all the answers on the waist. You have to stop your horse, write the answers down, look around for the clues, and sometimes that's not easy. But it was so much fun.
Speaker 4: It's very intense. So you're cross country riding, yeah, and then doing like puzzles and quizzes.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's not like a car really at all. I don't remember them pulling over.
Speaker 2: To do they do?
Speaker 4: I say, all they do, but they have to go very very quickly. But they're not doing quizzes along the way, you know, unlocking the code and like panic rooms and stuff. This one's word, what you're doing is far harder.
Speaker 9: Well, it was challenging because you know, before we started, I have trouble with my left and right, so so I mastered that and then it was It was great fun. It was, and it's never too late now to know.
Speaker 4: Differ between left and right tough when it's an orientation sort of thing.
Speaker 2: How income, and we're missing the most important be here? You won?
Speaker 8: Yes, we won, yes, John?
Speaker 2: And how far ahead of the pack were you? Were you an arrow so or half an hour?
Speaker 9: Does it? Yes? It was timed. It was a timed ride, so there was an ultimate time and you got points so that we didn't get the ultimate time. We were slower, but we got more answers, right, so the combination of those two. So we only won by one point. It was quite close, but I didn't matter, that's right. It was still a wind.
Speaker 4: And how long does how long did it take?
Speaker 9: About two and a half hours?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is what they needed at the Olympics. They got the cross crunch in the shooting.
Speaker 2: That's easy chucking a quiss. But now I do awesome, Debora, well done, a new big win.
Speaker 9: Thank you brighter.
Speaker 8: You're listening to the question you know Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: It was done a new thing today.
Speaker 4: There and the eight ert of your school days and we're starting off with the letter A. So whatever the letter A reminds you of or stands a few to do with your school days, give us school this morning on nine four one four one I four three for me A is for alarm I. It was a big deal in the eighties when Cassio digital watches came out, groundbreaking digital watch.
Speaker 3: Is this the Calculator watch?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: I didn't have the Calculator one. My parents couldnt afford that one. That was too much of a step up. I just had. If you want to know, if Cassio fans will know, I'm betting quite a few used to have this one as well. It's the cheap o Cassio F ninety one. And in fact, when I saw Ray Romano's recent Netflix stand up special, he's wearing one. Oh wow, and he's like he can afford a road that's a cheap ass watch. I used to have still rocking at very well or Cassio F ninety one watch anyway, Mima mats. Everyone had one of these, right, they were the cool thing to have. This was like their brave new technology ground. The digital world is coming on our wrists. You can set an alarm that wasn't one of those old wind up ones with an actual crock on the bedside table with a hammer going in hitting two metallic boughs. So we thought it could I feel one day when there was a big head master's assembly to all set our alarms to start going off within a minute of each other in his first five minutes. Right, lawlds are plenty. So the head master was a very terrifying man, lost his shit and we all got into jim of the head Master's detention at lunch break you just have to sit there and utter silence for the hour. So we all got into from a muck around with our Cassio F ninety one watches. What's a for you?
Speaker 3: I'll choose the art smock.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: We had once a week we had art class and you would pull a smock out of the big tub so that we could do painting and get it all over your clothes. I didn't realize that when I left primary school that I would never wear an art smock again. You just get so used to wearing it that you think will be a part of your isn't it yes, pulling the art smock out. I honestly don't think I've worn a smock since primary school.
Speaker 4: The last to my war one was Chris Us when we did that pini and paint thing.
Speaker 3: You have to wear smock, see we When we did something like that, they gave us an apron, the small, a proper one, you know, with the arms and.
Speaker 4: The collar like a doctor's gown. Could you do me up these nurse? It was like that, Yes, that was small. It was good.
Speaker 2: PASSI what's a and your school?
Speaker 6: It's definitely assembly for me. Every Monday I went to a little bush Primary school. There was only like sixty kids there in grade six. I was the only grade six girl. There were two other boys that Oh my god, was small, very very small. But we'd have assembly every Monday morning, rain, hail or shine. There was no school hall. This was out like on the quadrangle. If it was raining, if it was snowing, blowing a gas against.
Speaker 4: As you've never said since childhood, what's a quadrangle? You don't have to someone an alien came down and be like.
Speaker 3: Basically a sla part of the school.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like your meeting point really And we used to have to sing two songs and we had to know all of the words right.
Speaker 4: From prep with all the songs.
Speaker 6: God Save the Queen was always and the teachers had this tiny old tape recorder with the tune on it.
Speaker 2: I'm stunning on to seeing God's send British school.
Speaker 6: Yeah, God Save the Queen every Monday morning, and then followed by the national anthemy.
Speaker 3: We did that national anthem and we had.
Speaker 6: To dan to attention and if we played up, I tell you what, there were big repercussions.
Speaker 4: But it was they used to run that assembly. So mister Bone was a deputy heads unfortunate change your name, mate, one up and don't go bone, especially teenage boys. And that that name is too much comedy there, it's low hanging fruit.
Speaker 3: You pair that with the cassio watches going off clownhouse.
Speaker 4: The deputy head master would come up first of all to make sure everyone was silent. When there was silence would walk off and the actual headmaster would come on. It was a masterclass end control. It was. And we actually also go into the assembly Patsy, did you have to march in set?
Speaker 6: Yes, we'd have to all gather in the primaries like in the classroom, and most.
Speaker 2: Of the teachers were stood on walls.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think they used to do this in concentration and checking.
Speaker 4: No one was talking there, so you had this earing silence over the school for no reason.
Speaker 3: When you say march into assembly, were you actually we weren't actually marching.
Speaker 6: No, oh no we did. We had to go single file, no talking bush militias. It was very regimental when I think about it, check up on this.
Speaker 4: Doesn't sound and then one of those army schools.
Speaker 6: Maybe I should then the principal used to you had to be like about a meter apart from one another, so you couldn't like annoy the kid next to you, so he'd like step it out.
Speaker 4: Oh no, we were crammed in like silence because there was eight hundred of us.
Speaker 2: Oh wow. Oh it was a mega mega school. We were crammed in. It's like forty or so in a class. We were crammed in.
Speaker 1: This is The Christian o'connells Show, Podcast.
Speaker 4: Eight, in set of his school days, kicking off with the letter A. What does the letter A mean for you and your school days? Nine four one four one O four three Christian hearing you talking about assemblies, we used to have to have assembly in lines outside our classrooms and say the timetable as we all went in. So the teacher would say which time table would be doing that day, for example, the four times table. Then each child one by one would say the next one as they went in. So the first kid would say one times four is four, the second would say two times four is eight, the third one three times four is twelve. And then when that had been done, he went on to another times table. Tony that is intense, very intense.
Speaker 3: Would have handed the day with seven seven times table.
Speaker 4: It always ten ten good? Twelve is another tricky one seven and twelve twelve times twelve four. Yes, the relief again still there, still there at fifty one, run my jarmmy night. Please, All right, let's go to Kaylin here, producer, Kaitlin, what is the letter A in your skate your school days?
Speaker 6: Kaitlin, Ours was Apple because it was the most commonly thrown fruit in our school yard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was our school chain link fence right.
Speaker 4: Definitely, which I think was meant to keep us in more than because we had a lot of security there and there's no one trying to break into this dive of a school.
Speaker 2: This is to stop us.
Speaker 4: But anyway, on the lunch break, we would just throw your apple. The only lunchbox right at that chain link fence.
Speaker 3: For us is the cricket nets. Same thing, the channelingk fence of the cricket nets. Piffing an apple so that you get caught in one of the diamonds.
Speaker 4: The sweet spot if you got in, which youdin'. That's a competition one day the golden apple cow, good.
Speaker 9: Morning, Hey guys the gun.
Speaker 4: Yeah we're good girl, welcome to the show. So eight is that of his school days? So letter A, what does that mean to you?
Speaker 10: Col Ah corcare came to mind going to school. I'd duck out past the after schoolcare after lunch. I lived about three doors down, so I never needed to go. But the fellow that worked there, Mark would make me a Matello sandwich and I'd sneak on off the department stollar, which is great and then ten years teaching now it's all because of him. Just seeing a guy that loved working with kids doing what he was doing, it was a no brainer from a backgrade Ferry.
Speaker 4: Is that incredibly I lit something up in your count and then you're still honoring that now as.
Speaker 10: A teacher, maybe I should be thinking to teller, But it's.
Speaker 4: Either those two parts opened up for you. Cal Thank you very much, your story mate. Have a good day, Carl or brighter.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'conls show podcast.
Speaker 2: Time for the brand new misheard lyrics.
Speaker 4: It's just another misheard day, Christian O'Connell's misshard lyrics.
Speaker 2: Every Monday on our show.
Speaker 4: Then we play back or if your misheard lyrics. When we play the back, if we agree what you think you're mishearing, you will hear this. And if we play them back and we don't hear it. And for the really great misheard, they go into a very special place Hall of Okay, so recent hall of famous DMX gargoyles make me lose my call. Then there was Rob with Kenny Logan's footloose, somebody to tell you, Darth Vader passing you by.
Speaker 2: All right, So they're the recent Hall of Famous. Let's see if we've got any this week.
Speaker 4: First of all, we go to listener Ian Taylor, Sophie Lloyd impostor, I'm an impostor? Or is it I'm eating pasta? Yes, yeah, it's one hundred percent. Then Andrew MacLean has Body by Loud Luxury. My bad never got the memo, my baan, I got the memo. I think more boring than talking about a memo?
Speaker 2: Is it is only a cool thing to talk about?
Speaker 4: You didn't get the memo? Or is it my bowel never got the memo? My ban I got the mammo.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah it is there.
Speaker 4: My ban have got the memo. Josh has got this one for Rod Stewart, Young Turks. Life is so brief and time is a thief? Is a free?
Speaker 9: Is a thief?
Speaker 4: Or is it? Once you miss here this one? There's no going back. Life is so brief and Tommy's a thief. Tommy's a thief?
Speaker 8: This is free a thief?
Speaker 4: I gotta be honest. I actually thought it was, which makes no sense. Another one by Bruno Mars. He comes up quite a bit at you in miss her, looks Bruno Mars. We can tell what radio stations are listening to. Lee the door open, Bruno Mars. My house clean, my Paul warm, very relatable line. Then my house clean, my Paul warm. A good for you, Bruno, per house clean, paw or is it a very different interpretation for leave the door open, my house clean, my poo warm, house clean. I'm sorry, that is definitely there, My house clean, my poo warm.
Speaker 8: Per house clean.
Speaker 4: Listen, shut that door and leave it ten minutes, Bruno. Thank you very much, Richard. And then this one is from a young listener, first time emailing turned to the feature jack post welcome on board and send you prize Billy Jean Michael Jackson original line. Then every head turned with eyes that dreams of being the one I dream but young jack posts hearing something else. Then every head turned with ice cream being the one.
Speaker 3: I dreaming.
Speaker 4: It. You're hoping for all of that, he looks the morning he looked as I boy, I'm sorry, but it's not up there with the house cleaned. But be for effort, all right, keep them coming, then email you, miss Lewis whenever you hear them. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're talking about to your school days every Monday.
Speaker 4: Now. A has said of school kicking off with the letter A, question the word for me in the letter A, and my school days abacus.
Speaker 2: Come on apot thee gary A for abacus. My dad would.
Speaker 4: Always bang on that we were very lucky our school, Christian, because we had calculators, because he said all mass was done on abacus. When I asked him to have me with maths in primary school, he said he couldn't because he didn't have an abacus. So he used to use my mum's buttons from my sewing draw to make his own apocus and then he would help me. Wow, Christian, did you just say that twelve times twelve is one hundred and twenty four? Yeah, it's one hundred and forty four. Still don't know my times table at fifty one, Christian A for me and school days asphelt Oh my god, wow, that to me is shrapnel damage.
Speaker 2: It's embedded in my knee.
Speaker 4: You were constantly like going through trousers and your mom just cracking it. No noder knees, another trousers just falling over in shorts on that ass felt.
Speaker 2: Now they get that rubber ice bounces, we didn't have that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah. We had to sit cross legged on the asphelt for weekly assembly. In winter and summer we building the river Kwai, so you either got burnt or freezing cold.
Speaker 2: Also our monkey bars.
Speaker 4: Same here was built over as felt, so if you came a cropper, you dived headfirst and that hard ass felt underneath.
Speaker 2: Fun times, fun times.
Speaker 4: Yeah. A for me also thinking about my school days was about you remember certain things you just get barred banned from your school. After a while, when run DMC became very big and Beastie boys as well, they all had Adidas Superstars, right, and so suddenly a couple of us would you like to weigh as to school? And it was not part of standard uniform, so it was bad you couldn't wear Adeda's Superstars. So A for Adeda sum Also for me, what's the letter A for you, Jackie Boyd.
Speaker 3: We had something called the Achievement Awards given out in from the whole school at the end of the year for every different class, and I accepted one in year seven for the English Award for a story I wrote about ants, which afterwards, I got questioned as to whether I had help from my parents because it's so good.
Speaker 4: Oh, nothing worse than that.
Speaker 3: It was a metaphor, the ants, the warring ant tribes was a metaphor for the US occupation of Iraq.
Speaker 4: There's no way you and it was my mom's idea.
Speaker 3: But I wrote the words.
Speaker 2: Get out, get out of it. Oh, Jill bos no way.
Speaker 4: So what happened? I know? I still I got the wall.
Speaker 3: I got the wall because I had to say that I did it myself. I can't say my mom did it. And I remember I wrote the.
Speaker 4: Word sure, sure, you tell a lie enough, it becomes your truth. Here we got here, Mike. Good morning, Mike, good morning.
Speaker 7: Here you go and gain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're good, Mike. I've done a lovely weekend. So the letter A. What word comes to mind in your school days? Mate? Well?
Speaker 7: Arithmetic and now I'm talking about Tasmayan. You're in the seventies. But if we got detention kept in at lunch time instead of lines like a lot of other teachers, you know, I'm must not talking class. I must not talk in class. He would give us an obscure Times table and it might be fifty one and three fifths timetable or the eighty six and a half time table, no calculators, and some kids would be able to whip through that and get it done in fifteen minutes, maybe twenty minutes, and other kids would take their whole hour. He'd let them out five minutes or ten minutes beforehand to go and get a sandwich and never go to the toilet before the class started again.
Speaker 4: This is so hard. I mean, I still struggle. Ten minutes ago. We're just twelve domes twelve during the song. We couldn't even work out eleven times. However, we're not even joking.
Speaker 7: And a half used the one who'd be one of his favorites. So it'd be, you know, eighty six and a half, and then to be one hundred and seventy three, and then to be two hundred and fifty nine and a half, and off you'd go.
Speaker 2: This is advanced Mathstone advanced man.
Speaker 3: Can you do those kind of calculations, Mike? If we gave you eighty six and a half time.
Speaker 7: Four, No, it'd be too difficult to do.
Speaker 4: Brainy frozen just can't can't compete, does not kick Yeah, I get it, Mike.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much you called.
Speaker 8: Me no thank Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Today is mind your Manner's Day Little Now and etiquette rules you may be breaking. According to expert Lisa Grots, it's unfortunately. I mean, if you're watching that instrue. First of all, you don't want to be trading on the name Grots. Cutting all this is according to Grots, cutting all food on your plate before you eat. It's a food crime. According to old stuck up Grot bang.
Speaker 2: Well, I cut up because I don't like a burnt palette.
Speaker 4: For my chicken I have Like a child, I will cut the whole chicken up. I know, first time we would ever go to do. When they see me deal that with chicken, they're like, wow, some young children are joining us.
Speaker 2: Christian.
Speaker 4: That's for you.
Speaker 3: Just have nice edible bites.
Speaker 4: Steamy up there, can't you cut it? Is you go? No? No, no, salt doesn't cool down quick enough, she says. Gorop Bag says, one bite at the time is the rule. You're going to a childs.
Speaker 2: Separating the salt from the pepper is a big no no.
Speaker 4: Who is this tough? They should only be passed down the table as a couple you bring them together. Didn't know that overly vigorous handshakes. What a joyless existence.
Speaker 10: I felt.
Speaker 6: Men like to do that because it's a sign of strength and power.
Speaker 2: Now that's if it's overly squeezed pansy.
Speaker 3: As an alpha male path.
Speaker 4: Alpha, it's sign I think a wheat man does that. Alphas don't need to do that. Handshakes are acknowledgment of each other, not a show of dominance.
Speaker 2: Jack Post trying to step me down right now, a big lion man.
Speaker 6: It's a palm too. There's something with a palm, isn't there, Like how you position an angry.
Speaker 2: You're psych reading or something. One of you and they've got a palm.
Speaker 4: The palm is coming through.
Speaker 6: Like whether it's pointing up or down for your and slightly on top.
Speaker 3: It's to show that you're the dominant male. Ah, I like to do a double parma.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's very domine. It's not. I'd imagine that my two palms. I'm bringing you into my heart. I'm hurting you, you're forcing us in there. It's a warm embrace.
Speaker 6: It's like a hand spooning guys, it's not not spooning anyone.
Speaker 4: Rus just drop my chicken. Out's very hot.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Polite movies is what we're working for today. Polite movies, that's what are they watching. You've seen the movie get Out? Yes, I don't know what Lisa Grots would make you that, but please get out.
Speaker 2: I de literally started slowing.
Speaker 4: It's Monday. I got a limber into it. The shining is he's not very polite. The smiling, smiling catch me for Canada. Such a lovely are so polite? Civil plus, Good morning Vietmam, good morning mom. Gold and polite at the museum, civilses. Okay, Jackie Boyd, what have you got? Polite movies, edwaruld civil hands? Oh yes, Lisa grotswort of proof. He'd pass the salt and pepper down the table together. Gold, darl m for manners.
Speaker 3: Also gold please, academy.
Speaker 4: That's very good. That's gold plus.
Speaker 2: That is gold plus.
Speaker 3: And enemy at the gates wasn't very that wasn't very polite.
Speaker 4: Enemy is not polite.
Speaker 3: But having empathy at the gates your.
Speaker 2: Polite you're not getting.
Speaker 4: I'm not spooning you in my hands, jack, I'm giving you the bird.
Speaker 2: It's a bronze.
Speaker 8: The Christian O'Connell show podcast to.
Speaker 4: Down the time, way sir for the best in show, for your polite movies today a night of way on us study a great hotel here in Richmond, the Motley Hotel.
Speaker 2: Jack, are you ready to Mark?
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Please. I invite you to join me and do this.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Blight movies.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Weekend at Bernard's. You know mister Bernard really Shedby do you know him that?
Speaker 4: Well? Honey? I complimented the kids, Silver, the fast and the courteous Gold. What done?
Speaker 2: Joe ask Mama to get off the train?
Speaker 4: Gold be throwing her off? Peter, well done, Edward high five hands Silver. I like to Ayden open heimrm gold hop and him arm very precise. That's very good. Jared Austin Powers the spy who opened the door for me, Bronze, sure thanks, Redemption Gold, Judith, well done. When Harry carried the groceries for Sammy bronens Or Paul and Cooey raup. It's a real roller coaster on this feature.
Speaker 2: For he really the highs and the look as soon as wonder how he.
Speaker 3: Is with another He's threatened to quid about one hundred.
Speaker 4: Gratitude. Very good, Glenn, well done gratitude. It's not eight mile, it's considerate. Also very good, Adam School of Grots after Lisa Grots.
Speaker 2: That's a great go back.
Speaker 4: Steve Gilbert take about high level game there Steven on Monday. School of Grots Texas Chainsaw massager, bronze background returns something he borrowed. It's your whipper snipper God plus Glen word Cone and the humanitarian silver up please die hard bronze and dude, where's my thank you wave? That's aggressive?
Speaker 3: Actually that's so true. I hate don't get the wave when you deserved it.
Speaker 4: I do that thing. And I was even on taking my kid for a driving lesson yesterday and even I shouldn't. You don't want to pass any bad habits. But she didn't get thanked, and she let someone go, and I did the old do you know what you drive? Don't bother thanking us.
Speaker 2: Driving strut to.
Speaker 3: Say, and I went, yeah, but some of these people, if you're out there on the road today and someone lets you through, please.
Speaker 2: Just start a new thing. Hashtag wave it on, pave it forward, wave it forward.
Speaker 3: I've been wave when say I'm the one that let somebody through, so I get a wave, oh wave as well, even though they've done nothing. Yeah, but I'll just give.
Speaker 4: You a wa If I'm behind a car that got way through and I'm benefiting from the wave, I'll do the wave of thanks and it's not really mine to do, but I'll chuck another.
Speaker 2: One in any way.
Speaker 9: Why not?
Speaker 3: They're free, They're free.
Speaker 2: Welcome to three W gold plus.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, oh yeah, dude, where's my where's my thank you? Wave? All right?
Speaker 2: So who is off to have a night on us at the Motley.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to Glenn for gratitude.
Speaker 8: The Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 4: I've really enjoyed in love today's show. But the emotion of me right now is anger. Because we're talking about the thank you wave. We start getting angry yes now, And I've got no reason to be angry about anything that's in my life right now, but just the thought of it maybe happening today on the way home. God forbid anyone does not thank me or giving the thank you wave back?
Speaker 3: Is there anything more arrogant? And you pulling over so someone can come through, and then just looking dead straight as if nothing happened.
Speaker 2: And you're saying that you matter so much to me.
Speaker 4: I will mildly inconvenience myself and probably take off two or three seconds from my journey.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's my gift to you, stranger.
Speaker 3: If someone does that to me, I actually burn their image in my brain, says Jeffrey Dawn. I won't act revenge, but I'll remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, and I will Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, Pat said, didn't need you par okay, Oh dama over there. Okay, Now we have mark the time wastes, but a couple of good ones have come in, so an extra time on your time waste. Thank you, polite movies, reservoirs, gold, that's something with it.
Speaker 2: And if you can't do the wave, do the nod.
Speaker 4: That is a polite nod. Great ten things I'm not overly keen on about you, Silver, Thankenstein, gold plus Scott Scott. That's so good.
Speaker 2: Thanking Stein could have been the winner.
Speaker 4: Shimmler's Christmas card list, Andy well done, and Restorers of the Lost Start. I don't know why I put that one in them. No thank you, no thank you, no thank you, but thank you. We need an rs VP. Thank you, but no thank you. Own Andrew in our dear all right, So on tomorrow show we're going to return. We started today eight is out of school. We're talking about the letter A. What word comes to mind beginning with the letter A when you think about your school day so far? Today we had a for alarms, jack had the art smock Smart. That's emotional thinking about that, lack of the thank you wave, A for art Smart by Jackie Boy, assembly for perhaps after school care for cal Asphelt from Ellie Apple producer Kaitlin, and arithmetic Mike. And it wasn't as penis as. There's a lot of you who are reminiscent about appocus as. I know we've got some golden oldies, but.
Speaker 2: Appacus is okay.
Speaker 4: So keeping going, What word beginning with the letter A reminds you of your school days? Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. We're back tomorrow, Huggies on the way, have a great day. Thanks for joining, so remember the thank You Wave book.
Speaker 8: Christian O'Connell Show Podcast