Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Pats, Good morning everyone, goome on in, Good morning and goodbarding. The man who spreads lies and misinformation about the England cricket team and calls it sports news Alex All true. Actually normal cheating ways in the cricket yesterday now using technology snick home more like cheeto. There wasn't a nick It wasn't a cheeto.
Speaker 2: That was just a bit of a woopsie. You know, we all, we all make mistakes.
Speaker 1: Australians love to chuck a lazy oh on the end of words and that and it's snicko in the UK. It's a snickometer here snick But even when the Indian team were moaning about it, they're having a go at snicko. Yes, oh my goodness, going to be hot for the whole the player today, isn't it? Yes? Yes, say forty forty degrees oh though all day Yeah, wow, that is intense. Hey, good morning Sydney. So this is day four for us. We came Sunday and we are the show replacing the great Jonesy and Amanda. And the great news is that Jones and Amanda, I just also want to say this. Yesterday my wife was having a massage and the lady doing it, you know, they have the little chit chat stuff and then she gets my wife, Oh you got an accent? What are you doing here? And my wife loves to tell everyone what I do for a living. It is it's scruciat. No. Yeah, happened yes day dinner and it had no impact nor shit it. People don't care. It's not like, oh my God, Jesus is here the miracle world. They literally don't care. Why why would they? So she starts, she starts saying about, oh, my husband's here, and oh the lady the masses goes, oh is he the man who's kicked out Jones and Amanda's wife goes, oh, that is not what's happened, and it isn't it isn't you know? Jones. Amanda had me on their show Friday. Amanda, I adore She's been a guest on my podcast. She was the best guest on my podcast, Stuff of Legends, and I had great guests like Ricky Gervais and Hamish Blake, but Amanda's episode was the most popular one. They are, trust me, after sol on doing breakfast radio. If you spoke to them right now, they'd be smiling. You know. They are looking forward to doing an afternoon show and getting more sleep. So they've left it to us suckers to do the breakfast show for the next few years. So you get one great radio station come January. We're going to be waking up in the morning. In the afternoon, you get the brilliant double acts of Jonesy and Amanda. But yeah, everywhere my wife gone this week, she's trying to spread the good words. They don't want to hear it right now.
Speaker 4: It would have been a rough massage as she really got those knots out.
Speaker 1: So my point in saying is that is that we are we are very aware of what you're going through at the moment. It is a lot, it's so much, it's so much. One of our team, Josh, went down to Bondi yesterday to pay us suspects and we said in a lot of the local first responders to drop off some gifts, and even as he was telling me about it, we were both getting emotional because it comes in waves. I found that and I'm not from this city. I've been spending a lot of time here next year and I really have and owly extraordinary. My wife and I've really fallen in love with Sydney, like really, like, oh my god. We didn't expect this. It's such a beautiful city, really super friendly people, and to find to find connection in the city this week in such an extreme week as he's even extra special but on our I really hope that what we are doing on the show, whilst he whis he's trying to make your mind up, are we allowed into your mornings, which I totally get. We've got to earn your trust. I do hope that we are providing some form of comfort and support in a really hard week. And so what we've been doing at the start of every show is amongst all the horror of Sunday Night and the last few days, there are stories of hope that we really need to hear and celebrate. There's obviously Ahmed, you know, and thank just what he did is just giving people something to hang on to. It's such a senseless act on so Say Night, and it's not just armored. Armored did something incredible. But there's the poor elderly couple Boris and Sofia lost their lives wrestling with the gunman as soon as they got out the car for a couple of minutes. Incredible, incredible acts of heroism. So we start the show the right way with stories of hope PASSI what have you got mate? Yeah?
Speaker 5: So go fundme for Ahmed is just growing by the hour. So the funds are now at two million, four hundred and ninety seven thousand, seven hundred and thirty five dollars. Just incredible and a half milliadible and beautiful comments.
Speaker 1: From by the way on Armored. I was watching the local news yesterday and they had a couple of local characters that obviously as local customers. Yeah, and as much as there was something, he is a lovely guy's lovely guy. They seems to also be concerned about when was when's he coming back to work? Well? I meant to like go another couple of blocks to get my darts. Christmas coming up, We've got to deal with my family.
Speaker 5: Isn't it beautiful? Though the local community embraces he means obviously shy, very loved.
Speaker 1: It's a shrine tobacco shop.
Speaker 2: And also come on back.
Speaker 5: To Sonya Miller's written You're a ray of light to the worldmed thank you for giving us all hope in humanity. The word hero has never been more true. You and your family deserve never to work again when you wish to spend time together. This is the way of the universe.
Speaker 1: Thank you, beautiful stuff. Rio's what's your story of hope? This morning?
Speaker 4: For us, I haven't been able to stop staring at that photo of Jacko, who I just realized is from Bondai Rescue. Actually the lifeguard run down from Tamarama to Bondi his barefoot, He's in his blue lifeguard out use photo.
Speaker 2: It is stunny. He's got his.
Speaker 4: Defibrillator slung a on his shoulder and he's sprinting towards the danger. And I saw the interview with the woman who took the photo and she said, there are people just streaming up, like coming up Bondi Road, and he is like pedal to.
Speaker 2: The metal, sprinting down towards the danger.
Speaker 4: And it just it gives me chills every time I look at it, because every part of your body must just be crying out.
Speaker 2: You're saying, don't don't run.
Speaker 1: Towards so scared towards them, you know, really scared, like we can't even imagine what it's like to have that fear.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, no way, I love it.
Speaker 1: And you can just see he's moving at speed. Yes, he's sprinting down there to be of service. He's got that defair prackle about that his bare feet as well on the on the heart time maker that as he's running down. It's one of the along there with armored as well. It's one of the defining images of what's happened. Yeah. Yeah, I'd love to speech to him today or tomorrow, if you'd be happy to talk to us, if anyone knows him or his family. Just I don't want to. I don't want to upset the guy I just saw. He can hear our Thanks. Yes, yeah, he's given people hope. You know these people do. And this is why we love these stories. Alex, what's your story hope? This morning? A couple of.
Speaker 6: Sporting events yesterday and last night, I thought, did it perfectly? We had, of course the Ashes test in Adelaide, and we had John Williamson the True Blue Rendition that it gave me chills. My goodness, gracious, it was just amazing minute silence as well, and the Black armbands.
Speaker 1: It's really powerful that you're doing your live. We played it yesterday morning and it moved us all to tears and I know we did a lot of people listening, but I was crying again watching it was beautifully done. What a great way to mark all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then last night the big Bash game at the SCG between the Sixers and the Adelaide Strikers, they have them minute silence, but then after that they had a round of applause for those first responders, for those people things to do, and there were there were smiles on faces, which I thought was really touching, you know, to honor those people, to say hey, thank you and we're going to clap for you right now because you did something extraordinary arriving on that scene and caring for those poor people. So I thought it was really well done yesterday.
Speaker 1: All right, if you know any stories of hope that we're not talking about and we need to, please let me know, you can message me O four seven five three one O four three.
Speaker 3: But Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're staying in many this week in quind of Dark actually is Smulley Airbnb. The wife is really happy about. So she went to have a massage yesterday and I went for a little wonder and I suddenly saw a really beautiful, old looking pub right Hotel Stained. People know this pub in that area, and I went in because of the they had me on. Two great slogans outside it simply said rooftop and I knew obviously from living him in seven years. Australians don't you like to use too many letters and words where they don't have to. I think it's the heat. You got to preserve your energy. So I pres went they mean rooftop bar, because Australians love a rooftop bar. So excited and didn't say, now in England we do have rooftop bars, not that many. Why would you want to go and have your drink in the rain. You know it's gray, low clouds, snow hanging out or snow hanging over your heads, but we would say rooftop bar. Here another fact that we just know you know what I'm talking. I don't need you to say. I just seem to say rooftop. And then the other one was round bar. Ah she used to love that horse, that big kind of community round bar. So I was like, look, okay, I'm not going up on the roof, not on this boiling weather. Okay, but the round bar take my money. I go in and is a beautiful horseshoe bar. And obviously there's there's people are all watching the cricket. Okay. And the guy serves me and he recordiz my accent. He's like a brave man coming in here. I said, are there any other goes? No, you're the only one I've seen. I said, do I need to go and hide on the roof? Is he just lying? So I just sort of started whispering any conversations with people. So anyway, while I'm in there. When I was it was from eight This pub is from eighteen seventy nine.
Speaker 2: What's before federation?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a very old pub. I'd love to find out what is Sydney's oldest pub? To be hard to be, that's got to be one of them, Shorty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the rock isn't it? Isn't it the great Fortune of war or something?
Speaker 1: All right, that's exactly right. How do you tune up? Patsy is a seasoned pub fighter and drinker, and she's been spending money this week going round bars and fighting.
Speaker 2: People for cash fights.
Speaker 5: I honestly, Sydney has some of the most sensational pubs.
Speaker 1: It really does, yeh. Story.
Speaker 5: They have not torn them down. Melbourne tends to tear stuff down and rebuild, but they cherish their pubs and they are just a thing of beauty.
Speaker 1: Look you, you've been out in Melbourne, the city you're born and prayed your mum and dad live, and you've been out of it four days and now you're throwing shade on them now, dare you? But yesterday some of our listeners have found us and they are crying right now. They're week bits and the way do we never Patsy Pub an old pub? You know why? She meets some of her old friends in them, that one in eighteen seventy nine. Pats is twin sister.
Speaker 5: But you turn around the corner and there's another beautiful pub and everyone's sitting outside and drinking in the sun and just socializing.
Speaker 1: The difference between a pub and a bar very big.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Bar is your shiny new one is yea, and they are They're nice, but they're not the pub. Pub is what you, you know, generationally you grew up in there, a center of a community. Are kind of like a church, but with alcohol. Actually churches do have alcoholics live. You notice that too. The wine is a little bit earthy, though, I find sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the wineless isn't as long as anyway.
Speaker 1: Then my wife has finished her massage right, and we go for a restaurant in this Italian place that came and we could only get the tabletop dining. It's fully booked out, or so they said. My wife obviously wasn't happy that we were being delegated to tabletop, you know. And the lady went to me, she tried to sell it to me. She went, hey, you know what you get. You get a great dinner and you get a free show. I don't like seeing them chopping the food up dinner and a show. I don't want to see people walking in the kitchen making money. Know it's not show, is it? People working really hard in the heat, stressed. So anyway, they and suddenly we realized why we're facing away from the restaurant. It's where all the beautiful people go in manly every time the door's open, it's a procession of more. They look like runway models. Yeah, young, vibrant, perfect skin. And then and we are facing the kitchen. Ugly table we're on. I didn't want to say it, but that's a good feeling I got was like, turn around, get those old faces facing the kitchen. Maybe some steam can steam out some of those wrinkles. Free botox. And my wife keep going every five minutes. Excuse me, excuse me. I can't help but notice some of these tables are still empty, earthfully booked. The whole time we're in, those tables in the shop window were empty. I'm now going to say to the marketing I don't think you can put me on a poster. Maybe just the back of my head. That's how you sell that shut to Sydney in the new year.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast The Proclaimers.
Speaker 1: I can tell you this fact about the two Scottish brothers with the very heavy glasses. They should be nown for spanks savers. I was at the festival fifteen years ago and I love Proclaimers. They're a great man. They're brilliant live as well. And I was waiting in the wings to bring them on stage right and I suddenly see also stood near me is unmistakably Hollywood star Paul Rudd. Right, So I go, are you fan? And he goes, yeah, I love them. I love them. I said, I'm just about it introducing Do you want to come out with me? He goes, would that be okay? I'd love that? And so I met Paul Rudd and then we both went on I've never met before my life. We both got on stage together to introduce the Proclaimers. I've never seen anyone enjoy them anything more. Whenever I see ant Man now Paul Rudd, I always think I bet hestall. Listen he smashed out those hits hit Spotify wrapped. It would have had the Top five and there would have been the Proclaimers. I'm sure. Good morning to you, Julie Christian omg listen to this morning talking about the Hotel Stain that very old pub in Manley. I've got the I've got a Hotel Stain key ring tag from nineteen eighty six when I was there as a backpacker. Wow, they used to have a jackpot on Friday night. The tag and a number on it which he put into the drawer. I never one, but I did wake up Dusty most Saturday mornings. Christian took about oldest pubs in Sydney. The Lord Nelson in the Rocks. That is the oldest pub in Sydney. It's been open since eighteen forty three, which is pretty incressive. Impressive, but nothing compared to a lot of the old pubs that you have yet. I've drunken one that is from nine four seven.
Speaker 2: A d nine four seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what it's like over a thousand years? Yeah, pubs that whole thousand years. It's like, how did it work?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What did they kind of store? The drink must have tasted revolted, would have been warm? Your thing that we like that warm beer? Anyway, it's a crawl line while we'd won that, but I know they the first time I came to Australia Sydney twenty four years ago, my wife and the first thing we did when we got to Sydney was go to that Lord Nelson pub walks up to Rocks because it's a real iconic area for tourists. Come to Rocks and it's got some great pubs in and I a mider Lord Nelson because he's on the corner there. And also they have I hope they still have them. I love it when the proper pubs have the frosted glass. Ah, yes, my old school Yes, the big heavy impauled pint glass. Yes. And also those the taps as well. You know when they're all frosted. I'm sure it's an effect.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, it's all ice logos. Yes, I crusted over.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love that.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning to Dandrey in Wonda. I'm doing an early morning bread deliveries right now, Thank you so much. A few beautiful emails shared that with the team. Thank you very much for them. All right, Day four on this and I'm trying to make my Weird and Wonderful Guide to Sydney. As I get to know this great city, I want to fast track that process. I'm not going to go on Google. I'm not going to ask AI. I need the information, the real useless guide to Sydney so fast, So much has been discovered, and actually a lot of people are from Sydney. Don't know some of these half truths. Doesn't matter if any of them are true. Don't buy the fact checking it. We're not interested. All right, weird and wonderful guy into Sydney. What have we got so far? Rio? You had the first one.
Speaker 4: Yes, first off we've got the town whole step which was an intergenerational spot for teen loitering.
Speaker 1: Perhapsy what if we as have we discovered?
Speaker 5: Well, Alex brought up that there's a lone panther that lives in the Blue Mountains and listener Bob is seen not only not only once, but twice in the fact that lives in the sewer system.
Speaker 1: In fact, now it appears there's several. They're a roaming gang, the panthers, roaming gang using the underground system to move underneath us undetected up to under there. Well, yeah, I think they've been. I think it's an underground system they have all over Australia and they're probably helping the Australian team cheat yesterday done moving that snick Oche they were they were. I'm sure if we look at the image again, there's a panther pore there, Alex, our shoud we discover.
Speaker 6: Guard dogs at the Sydney Opera house to ward off those pesky seagulls?
Speaker 1: Are you trying to eat your chips? Now? This is true?
Speaker 2: It sounds like a lie.
Speaker 1: Mad dogs an Englishmen and its border colleagues. We found out there is a company doing this. They do have dogs that ward off. And we found out yesterday that the pesky seagulls, there's a boss seagull and unless you deter that one, it won't work.
Speaker 2: Yes, you got to take this take the post.
Speaker 1: The alpha goal, the alpha goal. All right, some brand new ones. You've got a brand new one. So something from our weird and wonderful going to Sydney.
Speaker 4: Yes, I've got to tell you about the failure that was the Sydney monorail built in nineteen.
Speaker 1: Yes, the Simpsons moment. It was literally literally.
Speaker 4: Like the Simpsons episode nineteen eighty eight. A private company came in and pitched to Sydney, hey have this amazing future.
Speaker 1: Of travel above the ground.
Speaker 4: Around Darling Harbor, but only this very small loop around Darling Harbor.
Speaker 2: And exactly like the Simpsons episode, it was incredibly unreliable. It broke down all the time. It was very ugly. You could actually walk faster than.
Speaker 4: It's if you wanted to get eight to point B, you could just.
Speaker 1: Walk past it get anywhere you want to go. Later.
Speaker 4: One architect I'm just reading here called it the most tragic thing that happened to the urban fabric of Sydney and the most offensive structure I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 1: So how long did it last? For?
Speaker 4: It went nineteen eighty eight to twenty thirteen. It was pulled down because no one would use it. Also, no one, Well, there's no possible use for any Sydney side to go from one interdeing harbor to the other.
Speaker 1: I'm afraid to say I have been on it.
Speaker 2: You've been on that?
Speaker 1: No I remember now, of course why not? Tourists came here in two thousand and one monoail the future of travel, and I just remember it was actually quite underwhelming. Yes it's not anything, and also it was only tourists using it as well, because obviously you locals knew. Yes, yes it's nothing. No what this is not the vibe. It's just not the place to be.
Speaker 2: There's a better way to get from A to B.
Speaker 1: It's Alex. Whatever you've got for my weird and wonderful guide to Sydney today.
Speaker 6: And just one more thing about the monael it's great for people from the country.
Speaker 1: People from the country love the monorail.
Speaker 2: Which is like but anyway, I guess.
Speaker 1: So wide eyed those farmers you know. Oh my word, I mentioned this on the farm basically impressed mover in the barracks of hay in that Oh wow. And the Clavelli Groba is pretty fast you it's animals. I thought it was a headline you're going to touch.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't.
Speaker 1: I don't want like local sex press. You really got to be you need to know about the old parameter.
Speaker 3: Don't.
Speaker 1: Actually we don't. It's not what it sounds, okay, not like what it sounds. It's actually a fish.
Speaker 6: It's this great, big blue groper and you'd be swimming at Clavelly Beach and all of a sudden you'd feel a presence, you'd feel something, but they're staring at you with this gigantic groperes.
Speaker 1: It's incredible.
Speaker 4: Yes, I've seen it at Gordon's Bay, have you. Yeah, beautiful old thing. But there's rumors that it's been that it's passed away.
Speaker 1: Oh come on, keep it. Lights check again. You just found out you just ending up there. It's a light. Well are you trying to focus? Yesterday's newspaper? Son of I think the son of Blaye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, yes, that's what I meant to say there's the new.
Speaker 1: Gen Yeah, all right, what have you got then for my weird and wonderful guy to Sydney? What do I need to know? You can give us a call thirteen fifty five twenty two, and you can also send me a text message if it's easier four seven five three one oh four three.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm trying to make my weird and wonderful guy to Sydney. What useless piece of information or half truth are or made up story have you got? Farra completely weird and wonderful guy to Sydney. Yet again, we're back to graveyards. Yesterday, Rio is trying to flex the largest graveyard in the Southern Hemisphere Rookwood. Yeah, Rookwood. So the rivals are what Antarctica, I don't know, actually in Southern America.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, take that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's our graveyard. This is a graveyard, Christian where the Sydney Town Hall is. That's the graveyard. That's from Shane Second Day with Graveyard Chap. There's a cafe in Kutimber with a tree inside it that's run by a car. Oh okay, it's that true. Type spreading lice.
Speaker 2: But they make a damn good flat white.
Speaker 1: All right, what have you got from our weird and wonderful guy to Sydney. You can give us a called thirteen fifty five twenty two and you can send me a text message with yours O four seven five three one oh four three.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're a wonderful guy into Sydney. What have you got for me? Second mention of the cafe with a tree inside it in cutimber Tyler first of all recommended that one to us, and then someone asked, going, hey, question that tree cult cafe is and the varies in capitals. It is very good. What elevates a cafe for me? And that's a good cafe? Two? Very good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, chili, scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 5: The quality of their coffee is like major.
Speaker 1: Why is there such a variety? You're right patch, Why does it vary so much?
Speaker 5: Is this different beans?
Speaker 1: I guess why don't If you if you're arrival place and you had they had more customers, you go and try their coffee and then you maybe get a spy in there and go whether they get the beans from. We should do that. Surely you would just hone in on where the rivals more popular bass getting the beans from. She was stinking with mankey ass beans.
Speaker 4: Your solution is to set up an elaborate y firing, essentially go deep undercover.
Speaker 1: I'd go on current affair, Christian. Did you know that the Sydney Opera House is a nightmare to park? They designed it without enough car parks because the architect who designed it didn't drive. Now this is why we're doing the Weird and Wonderful Guy to Sydney, that Danish guy. Yes, that is fantastic. Thank you very much. As your contacts on the show this week, please put your names on your messages so we can say hello properly. But that is a great one, as is this. When I first moved to Australia seven years ago, obviously I had to learn new language. Yes you know it's many English, but there's so many varieties. I used to have a thing in my in my phone just to help me out as I was putting the pieces together and taking them apart, and used to we just the note was labeled it's not called that here. The first one was in the UK, as you're a kid and you're out your bike and you've got a friend behind you. In the UK, that's a backie there on the back. It is simply called a backie. Please don't google that. It might be called something else. Now that's up to you. If you google it and you see images, aren't aren't too young? That's together on the bike and sweated. It's not called that here. Now in Melbourne it's known as a dink.
Speaker 5: Someone on you.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, that sounds rude as well.
Speaker 2: You keep.
Speaker 1: Yourself sir, But it's not called that here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Double a double, yes, yes, now I get that. That seems to make more sense than a dink double because there's two of you. Double the fun exactly. I wonder around the world what words they have for getting some on the back of the bicycle. Yeah, it's such an innocent thing. From growing up, Why was that so much fun?
Speaker 2: Yeah, every kid had to do. It's like way to get around.
Speaker 1: But the most fun I always think was was riding the bike. Being up front. Yeah, it was terrifying, but behind got no control because also it was a personal response because they had control and power to start doing those works. Yeah, yeah, your passenger pothole. Yeah. Another thing though, we've had a lot of messages about the great potholes of Sydney. It is like driving around the moon. Why are there's so many nipping potholes.
Speaker 2: It's almost like we've put them there. There's so many.
Speaker 1: There's a tourist attraction. Yeah, come see the great potholes of Sydney. All right, keep this coming our GUYE to Weird and Wonderful Sydney four seven five three one O four three.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for everyone who's been sending us emails and notes. Is an extraordinary week in Sydney, and the fact that you're taking any times as you struggle to process everything that's happened and happening as well to send us us notes as well saying hello and welcome to Sydney. I've got a really really important email actually Yester evening that I just wanted to share now from Melody Palmer. Christian. Welcome first of all to Sydney Radio. Thank you Melody. We'd like to just talk about the completely unsung heroes of our police officers. It's very easy for people to say they're just doing their job, but I'm here to say is much more than that. My wife, a nearly thirty year veteran, could benny contain the need to act. She sat at the dinner table with her phone blowing up Sunday night. Her face was set like stone about not being there to help. I can only imagine how many other officers all over New South Wales that grip their phone in horror. You can't pay someone for that when people are running away, Our policemen and women are running toward danger. In mostly all the eyewitness footage I saw this tablet instant. I saw police officers crouched, guns drawn down, ready to act. Every single one of these people wanted to go home to the loved ones that night. Not all of them did, and many will carry yet another scar of a job they put their hand up to do. Melody, really really important reminder. And I think over the next couple of days, whenever you see a first responder out about, thank them, Just ask how they are and thank them for their service. Now on this the last couple of days, we've been talking about the first responders and what can we do to help them. A couple of weeks ago, I came with the idea that I wanted to come and do the show here this week to get to know you guys. So we arrived Sunday afternoon and we all know what unfolded Saturday night. We had all these ideas and plans I'm sure many of you did for what this week was going to be like. And one of the things I do know about your Australians is you love a Christmas ham. And we had twenty five these Christmas hams and suddenly not right to start just giving Christmas hands away for obvious reasons, but I thought, we've got someone why don't we go and give them to some of the local first responders as a small thank you if they want them. And so Joshama Show went down to Bondai yesterday and to see some of the first responders and you can hear how he got on next. He's got some beautiful stories before that. This is the song really that he speaks to what Melody and all the first responders do for us.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 1: So, like I was saying, we had these Christmas hams and last week it seemed like this would be a nice way to say hello. It feels like, you know, I'm moving into a new neighborhood and going around all the local neighbors saying hello, introducing myself and I've got a gift for you before Christmas, okay, And so now we had it this week, everything changed and it is we're all where we can't be doing that, it's not right. But look, we've got these Christmas hams. Why do we give them some the first responders if they'd like them. So yesterday a lovely man on the show called Josh You went down to Bondi You went to the first responders to see if they wanted these just very small gifts to say we see you and thank you for your service. So what was that like?
Speaker 7: It was a really special moment and one that I didn't know was going to be as special as it was. But as I went down to Tema Emma Surf Life Saving Club, which is now their sort of main meeting point to sort of connect to do debriefs, and so I knew I was kind of going to a main point for them, and I didn't even know how to enter him. Was it the front door, was it the back door? How do you enter a stiff life saving club, and do you want.
Speaker 1: To get in the way. They're also an act of life saving club. You don't want to be an inconvenienced. But we wanted to go down and say thank you. I'm laugh not just us on the team here, but everyone in Sydney absolutely.
Speaker 7: And I met a gentleman by the name of Ben there and he was sort of working out already, you know, shirt off, ready to go and jump in the water, and he met me with so much warmth and straight away he was just taken by the gesture and nothing more than just a big thank you. And he told me straight away that I needed to speak with a couple of other people, and one was a man named Rory who actually on Sunday was there when it was all happening and all the chaos. His first instinct was to actually run towards the water and to save people.
Speaker 1: And truly, and this is because obviously people were trying to find a safe refuge in the water.
Speaker 7: Yeah, people freaking out, not knowing what to do. And it just really makes it very very real in that moment to hear firsthand just how brave, how incredibly.
Speaker 1: Brave, and the young kids, yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and to not think of yourself and it's just a lovely thing to be able to give them something. And yeah, I think even now it's it's just to your point there just being able to say a hello to people and really almost just that human element that people are there and people are being brave. It's quite a special thing to actually hear it firsthand.
Speaker 1: What was it like to go down a Bondi's.
Speaker 2: It's very silent.
Speaker 7: It's almost like the air and like time is like standing still, like everything's slower down.
Speaker 1: There, boys sacred ground now, isn't it? Yeah? Unwittingly it has, you know, when you sent me a photo of it yesterday, I really felt just from the photo the silence of it, because actually going to Bond that is not a place of silence. Normally it's a place of noise, chaos, laughter, people meeting up, you know, life happening there vividly and and all the stuff I've seen. It's very very quiet, obviously, it's just so strikingly different.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, and you know, nobody speaking, but then there is sort of communication with the prayers and the loves and the thought.
Speaker 1: Is an act of silent respect, isn't it that Actually they don't need the words. The silence is are the words? And so you went also to other first responders. You went to the police.
Speaker 7: Yeah, went to Bondo Police station and I was wondering if they can accept it, like is it in their company policy?
Speaker 1: Again, been told by the ambulance staff couldn't accept them. They're not allowed to accept gifts, which I find extraordinary. I think that's a real shame. So anyway, you went to the police station and how are they Yeah, they grabbed those hands off.
Speaker 2: Here the.
Speaker 1: Fish were the hams.
Speaker 2: They had to get clear and they asked.
Speaker 7: I spoke with a gentleman named Andrew and he goes, I've just got to check check with my sergeant. And he went away and came back and came back with the biggest smile on his face.
Speaker 1: What else is that sergeant going to say? Staying in at ten seconds and we get at the chip, how many as you reckon it's gone, follow him, see where he goes, come back to his face, get more Christmas hands. Who doesn't love a Christmas hand? Right? So they took the hams. They did great, they did.
Speaker 7: And then as I was leaving it, really it's stopped me because I was leaving and there was a whole group of girls walking in all holding flowers and they were just going to go the desk after me and give flowers to the police. Yeah, it's just so lovely because it's like those are the kindness and cares that you maybe don't see, and to see it in person it was.
Speaker 1: It was very special, brilliant, lovely. If there's anyone else you think we need to hear about or we should be talking to, please let me know.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Good Morning to shon a beautiful message here from Shona. Thank you for sharing this, Christians. Shout out to both the staff at Lifeblood and the people manning the phones that beyond Blue Lifeline and all the other support services. They are having to manage their own emotions and similar tenancy, help process other people's all while their workloads have ramped up multifod They are heroes every single day. Shona, thank you very much for reminding us of those people can only imagine what the cause must be like. But also I know want amazing service there be to people who really really need help right now. So yesterday on the show, I was just talking about old school radios, and whether it was in a car or at home, and there would actually be a physical dial. Now you think about radio, it's just it's a digital one, isn't it. You're punching the numbers. Now you've got your pre sets, and then you've got people in management who sit in big offices and they go, you got to get O'Connell. You've got to get the P ones. You've got to get the P two s to P ones. Why are you only P three? Oh, you got to be P one in this game, or Cindy's gonna wrench you out by easter. My mission next one is P one. We go to go P one pre set one? Oh?
Speaker 2: Is that what that means?
Speaker 1: Say it all?
Speaker 2: I never really knew what ignore all of it. They just make up this want us to be that the.
Speaker 1: People, And I'm like, how do you does it mean anything? Oh? I tell them what all matters? Are they listening? Are they enjoying the show? I don't care what I'm P five. In fact, I'm going to stop that in the new year. I'm going to demand you, if you listen to the show, make me P five P five. I feel more comfortable as a P five sometimes you're gonna know, look in the mirror and go you're P five. You got a P one. Also, by the way, in.
Speaker 2: This it's so squeaky, it's so he's.
Speaker 1: Inching captive chairs from well, oh, I need to constell me whereabouts in North Siffy Can I go and get some w D forty? Why would a chair be this squeaking in a radio studio where there must be silence? Again, I think this is another spoiling technique from Jonesy, not Amanda. I actually it's a Manda smiling assassin under the hook.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always saw every day coming in here and put like a you know, I'm crawling around chicken for traps. What have they done today? You know this? This was me yesterday. They're using it pass again in here overnight and on you Tube. Jones So, yes, I was talking about the old old school radio dials and you would actually dial in, you'd have to actually actively tune into the radio show. Kids these days have no idea about that that that phone, the smartphone, is the remote control of their life. It's all there, every movie that's ever been made, every TV show that's ever been made, all knowledge that's ever existed. It's all on their on their phones, and so I want to do today John, the next half and out. What would kids today have no idea about? It drives me mad right now? No one is on time. Okay, years ago, if you didn't arrive to meet your friends at midday on the town hall steps, you didn't have a day out with your mates doing shenanigans. You were always there. There was no just message again, just around the corner trying to part park into nightmare today five minutes away, when we know no one's ever five minutes. No, they're at least fifteen to twenty minutes away. Everyone's always late these days. No one gets it because they don't have to, but you do.
Speaker 2: There's no stakes anymore.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you got there early to meet your friends. Otherwise people must have thought little Tommy must be very ill done if he's not here right now at midday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got no, it just.
Speaker 1: Got missed out and you never waited because you were. Everyone knew what he's not coming.
Speaker 2: He's one minute late. He must be gravely ill.
Speaker 1: Real What would kids these days have no idea about?
Speaker 2: Kids these days would never know that.
Speaker 4: In the mid two thousands, ring tones were the most important currency you even existed, and you had to spend painstaking hours going on a website and manually typing in ring tones into your phone so you could have say the crazy.
Speaker 2: Frog, give me the old ring ing ing.
Speaker 1: Ing ing?
Speaker 2: What up?
Speaker 4: Does anyone still have a ring tone that's not like the stock ring tone?
Speaker 2: I would love to know.
Speaker 1: Yes, yesterday I was in a shop and a guy who was like a middle aged dad my age, his phone went off and he had an old school Nokia with new Order Blue Monday as the ring tone. Wow, And he was doing that thing because it was really loud and it was an unusual ringtone, and everyone was looking around in this very quiet shop, and I looked at him, away, it's that blue Order New Monday, went yes, yes, yes, he was trying to like fumbling. You know, you're always fumbled when you're trying to turn it off. So yeah, I didn't know people still had bespoke ringtime amazing. Do you like eight bit versions? Weren't they? Yes?
Speaker 2: There was like poly monophonic ring times, then there was polyphoni.
Speaker 1: Phonic was like the cutting edge. It's a polyphonic gold FM in polyphonic radio, technology, Alex, what's yours? Kids today would have no idea about.
Speaker 6: There are kids listening to us in the car right now and they're pressing a button to wind down the window.
Speaker 1: Yes, we'd in press buns as kids. We wound the window down. That's why my daughter was in a car that goes down. I was in this ancient car. What do you mean just it was one as you had to wind a handle to get the air conon. I said, yeah, that's just outside. That's not the air condon that's like whatever that temages is coming in.
Speaker 2: That's that's why gen z have such weak four.
Speaker 1: Right that crank in that hand or if you take age as well. It was slick and quick and sometimes just get stuck and you have to grab the window and like push it down, yes, or pull it up, pull it up as you were if you wound Patsy. What's it for you?
Speaker 5: Kids today would have no idea with the windows, remember the little tiny the triangular one had one.
Speaker 1: Of those see those anymore?
Speaker 5: So you had like two openings. You didn't just have the mat.
Speaker 1: It was like a cellah just to the front.
Speaker 5: For me, it was having to wait to use the landline at home.
Speaker 1: That created that creates so much tension.
Speaker 5: Yes, and if you ever had to call STD, you always had.
Speaker 1: To do between It was for sexually transmit.
Speaker 5: That if you had to call into state from Victoria, you'd have to between seven and eight because you've got like a half price call RAID at the time.
Speaker 1: So would call it into state as a kid. I my friend Mark in Adelaide. Now one back in your day had interstate friends.
Speaker 5: It was like for beellies and stuff like if we had to call an art to thank her for a birthday card that she'd sent with five bucks, you'd have to do it between seven and eight before that because it's more expensive.
Speaker 1: And just also when we did start to get the phrase home computer, nonsense that anymore. The phrase a heartways they've got home computer and it would always sit somewhere with a special desk a media unit for the home computer. And that also created because if you were like chatting on AOL and someone picked up the phone, I'm online on the super Highway Information super Highway when it was always about and the website is www forwards. Do you remember forward slash, backslash? What's the thing all right? So what would care today have no idea about give us a called thirteen fifty five twenty two, and you can also use polyphonic technology and SMS. The show four seventy five three one O four three. I'm going to go and find out whether this Rerati station as a fax machine as well to get some ancient technology into.
Speaker 3: This The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: On our Friday, On The Christian O'Connell Show, we always try and give people a big Friday energy. Tomorrow a different kind of Friday show. We do someone called the People's Playlist, where I give you a theme and then you pick songs. We play your songs. You're in control of the music every Friday on our show and it's called the People's Playlist. I give you a theme, you pick all the songs about that theme. Tomorrow is just simply going to be songs for Sydney like Al John, I'm still stirning where you want to hear David Bowie heroes, any songs that really speak to what we've gone through this week and what's needed tomorrow morning. However it is you going to feel it might be a song where you want to add a message to it as well to first responders or anybody or anything you want to say. So tomorrow morning from seven thirty till nine, that whole hour and a half is your songs for Sydney. And if you want to pick one today and email me and help me to say a few words on your behalf or please call in use the microphone, share the microphone. You can say it yourself to whoever you want to say it to. Email me Christian at Christian o'connorll dot com today you right now, though, what would kids today have no idea about? These are great? Thank you very much for sharing them, Christian, good morning. I believe that if you told a kid today about four on the floor, they would have no idea what you were talking about. I also remember learning to drive with the column shift. Me too, that kids will be baffled by.
Speaker 2: What's on the floor. I don't know what there's the kids today?
Speaker 1: One of them three on the tree? Y.
Speaker 2: Yeah, say.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, it's Awkwards. There was three on the tree. Yeah. If we were doing that now you'd be standing. You will want having fun and shenanigans. You're too busy on your apps.
Speaker 5: As if a manual wasn't difficult enough. Yeah, you had to change gears sort of on the left side.
Speaker 1: Steering active thing to drive like.
Speaker 5: All all your limbs were moving when you were driving it.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know you drive limbs.
Speaker 2: It was just like everything.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. We didn't have power steering, No, it was. Tony was a big deal as well. Crank and that right this ship right straight Christian. I customized my ring tones for contacts based on the song that reminds me of them. I love that. I want to go through your phone with you. What would we be under? Not sure? Still, don't I change Christians something? Kids today would have no idea about lining up overnight to be the first in line for concert tickets. Yes, now it's worse. Yeah, but then that's easier. Yeah, now it's absolutely worse. All right, let's take some calls here. Let's go to Lisa. First of all, Good morning, Lisa, welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Sames Christian, good morning and welcome to Sydney.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Lisa. Thank you for saying that, Lisa, what were kids today have no idea about?
Speaker 8: So I used to have to actually get up off the couch to turn the t beyond know what she did?
Speaker 9: If I wanted to chase channel.
Speaker 8: I had to get up again.
Speaker 1: Chase. Yeah, and it was always the young kids job. Your dad, Sonny didn't do that, your mom. It was like, you know, my dad would just sort of throw his slipper at me and out was a queue to the human remote control to get up. That's what it was. Only like one or two channels anyway. It was like now and there's like a thousand channels. It's just like And also TV used to shut down at night. Someone you to bed, You need to go to bed. You're gotta get up and go work in a factory tomorrow.
Speaker 2: They just had no show, no get someone would say good night lazy.
Speaker 1: Didn't they didn't know. Yeah, that's right. They didn't have enough shows. Is color bar? This is no twenty four hour TV. No. Some guy in a dicky bow tie in the UK woulgo good night England and play the national app not that banger of a song. You know me too, Lisa, have a lovely Christmas. Thank you for giving the show Ago and thanks your story.
Speaker 8: You're welcome.
Speaker 10: Good day.
Speaker 1: See yet we've got not second Lisa's Yes, it looks like it go back to make Lisa's Lisa, Lisa, Lisa, welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Goodbye, guys, welcome to Sydney.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Lisa. And they're all kids today have no idea.
Speaker 10: About picking up a phone receiver and getting tangled up in the chord between and then slamming it down at the end of an angry phone call.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so satisfying.
Speaker 1: God, I miss those. You can't do that with a smartphone, you know, your smudgy fingers and you're trying to hang up on someone. They're doing Hello Hello, and you got hang away. I'm trying to hang up on you, just keep missing it with my angry fingers. How many movies have got that iconic scene, you know, get in in right now and need you badging gun? Donbe you know? And it cop shows all that phone simon that and it's not the same. Now, that's great those big old rotary phones as well. He's talking about no power steering. What a workout. It was dialing a number tape forever. I didn't even know what it was doing. Why did you change, Geen? It would that look darling? Winding it all the way around and if it was a nine in the zero Lisa, great stuff? Have a lovely Christmas.
Speaker 10: You say, you guys, all right, we're.
Speaker 1: Going to take the break. We'll take some more of your calls next. These are brilliant, Thank you very much. What would kids these days have no idea about? You can call us with yours thirteen fifty five twenty two, and you can also message the show four seven five three, one oh four three will take your calls next here on the Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show. What would kids? Excuse me? The bits of nice squelchy eighties keyboard out. This is eighties kids that he says, have no idea about? Morning, Jenny Christian enjoying the show, Welcome to Sydney. Thank you, Jenny's joy being here. What kids would know about today? Getting threatened with the slipper you mentioned it earlier. I'm not sure they're something too proud of Christian you did that these days you get suited, Christian. I remember going to the pictures in Sydney years ago. Before the film started, everyone would have to stand as they played God Save the Queen. You're winding me up shape. That's not true? Is it that cannot be true.
Speaker 3: Did they?
Speaker 1: Apparently? What back in the day, way back in the day, Morning Guys, kids today would not know about the high Beama dimmer switch on the floor of the car. Yes, that's a great one, Dave. Kids have no idea but rewinded the video tanks before returning it to the store. Assume of that, Please be kind rewind cars without parasteering. Yes, kids would have no idea today using a pencil to wind a cassette tape that had just uns all everywhere, hugely unreliable technology the cassette. Let's take some more of your calls. You've got Jane on the line now, morning Jane, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: And welcome to the Morning Show in Sydney.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you very much, Jane, thanks for giving us a go. So, Jane, what would kids today have no idea about?
Speaker 8: They would have no idea of the UbD for you had to actually find the street, find the number, and then you had to go ten pages in to actually get to the next part.
Speaker 10: Of the road G four.
Speaker 9: Or if you were going on a.
Speaker 8: Big road trip, you had to get the big map out and like picture where you're going to go on which highway? You're going to do use and you.
Speaker 1: Had to planet I'm not joking right, the night before a trip, and then all you'd have to write outta and it would be on the passenger seat, as if you're Marco Polo going on around the world trip just to go and see your nan down the road.
Speaker 8: If you and if you accidentally put the map the wrong way, you'd be going the wrong direction and then you'd be getting yelled at because you can't.
Speaker 1: And also because everyone these days has got like, you know, the instant map, you know, Google Maps, Apple Maps on your phones. There's no reason to be lost. You don't ever see someone with the hazard lights on leaning through the pass your window. Excuse us? You know where? Do you know what the red iron Bob is.
Speaker 8: For having the book on their steering while they're driving with you?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, that's right. Yes, it was quite an audial navigating around and then the jaw you got when you arrived somewhere. You're my god, that's a big old trip there. We've got to do it in reverse. That's a great one. Jane, thanks go on the show and giving us a go and have a lovely Christmas.
Speaker 8: You two, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Let's go to Jeff the poster. You sent me some lovely emails a while ago and when you heard that we were coming to Sydney Morning Radio. Lovely to speak to you. Jeff. Good morning, good morning, Welcome, Thank you very much, Jeff. What would kids these days have no idea about?
Speaker 9: Oh, he's your favorite show, you'd have to wait a week for the next episode like Binefeld.
Speaker 2: I remember, you can't fans and you didn't have to wade away. Now you just stop everything and have it all at once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my kids on Saturday night they wanted to watch a Christmas movie and they were like flicking through every Christmas movie ever made. I mean, you know how lucky you are. You just would watch whatever Christmas movie the TV bosses decided you would watch.
Speaker 2: That year, you got what you got and what you got was home alone.
Speaker 1: Again. That's a grow on Jeff to post. You have a lovely Christmas mate, You're true. Thank you have you got here? Tony, Good morning, Tony, Welcome to the show. Good morning guys.
Speaker 9: How are you doing. Welcome to city.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Tony. Thanks forgiving the show ago, Tony. Will we kids today have no idea about mate.
Speaker 9: Mate saving you twenty cent pieces and then heading down to this spacey arcade.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you felt like a tycoon that pocket full of change and oh my god, the game's adventures you were going to have. That's it, whining the pinnies, the pitbull machine. Yes, you're right there. You look about now. It's a very simple joys, but it was everything. You'd be hours down there, and even when you run out money, you would just watch strangers playing games and people just crowd around as he's putting his name in. It's carving it up on the leaderboard. That's a great one, Tony, have a lovely Christmas thanks to calling the show.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Right now, we're taking your stories and he calls, Uh, this is brilliant. What would kids these days have no idea about? Christian Kids these days wouldn't know about fine tuning the knob on the TV. Uh, that's what you had when you got that new TV. You had to tune in to find all the chat the channels. Now you just turn it on. You got download apps. You've got every TV showing movie you ever made.
Speaker 2: It's just as annoying every app.
Speaker 1: No you're right, You're right, it's it's the passwords. Oh was this the one of the date of birth? In my age?
Speaker 2: You ar code?
Speaker 4: After four months on the streaming service drives me insane.
Speaker 1: And then your kids starts sharing the passwords to their friends and I'm like, yes, no, I can't watch TV. Yeah, no, friends watching my my account algorithms. I love it though. Sometimes when you check into an Airbnb and some guy has left as a counter open, I start watching. Yes, so let's missus what I might go? Why are you watching fifty shaded gray? Just a great confusion? Oh, what fun Teresa question. Back in the day, working in an office, we had an old Sylvester switchboard where you had to plug the call into the correct line. It was a huge switchboard. Yeah, isn't that phrase, Oh you're gonna have to call now, speak to the switchboard operator and they will connect my call. They're actual cables.
Speaker 2: And he's just didn't you do you? Mister?
Speaker 1: Yes? I remember years ago intoviewing Bob Geldoff, and I was still what was it like to actually put live aid together? Because it was in the eighties and obviously they're phoning like megastars all over the world. And he's said at one point he was arranged the day that he could speak to the Pope. He needed to get the Pope's endorsement, and so Bob Geldof needs to speak as an irishman himself. It was a big moment. I said, what is that? Like? What did you have? Is like direct line? Has he got like a gold phone in his Vatican crib? So is someone in the front office go, hey, you there, take the hat off. You're gotta put the big old school phone to your ears. It's that crazy irishman Bob Girloff. Anyways, No, no, you got the vatic And he said you had the nuns run the switchboard. Of course they do. That's whose man sweat. He goes, and they were stern. They don't just put any winning indie person going to get poping. That's Bob Gildoff. Yeah, okay, try and get hang out another prank call for island. These are great Christian will were kids today have no idea about going down to your local milk bar, looking in the cabinet, seeing all those lollies. He's going to even just picked them out. Yeah, you're right, milk bars. And now it's scratchies. Yes, you're right, Yes, those.
Speaker 2: Are grown up lollies, scratches and tintams.
Speaker 1: That's what it is. Let's take some calls now, who have you got here, Kathy, Good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 9: Oh, thank you, Welcome to Sydney, Thank you very much. Kids wouldn't know that shops aren't open all the time, that you had to get in by five o'clock, and the half day on the Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sunday's everything close.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sundays was a day of rest, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: Basically Clint meant our dance, just went to the local pub and did even less, which was the bare minimum. Old school dad seventies and eighties is about one calorie a year as a dad, and that was to pick up the slipper to throw it at you ask your mother. The other one was like when my dad came home from what he worked in the car factory, so he had a really tough job. Answer. But the rule was you don't disturb your dad for the first two hours that he was home. Now, with dad myself, you constantly disturbed. I was out of dinner last night. My kids are ringing up, were going have you changed the password. That's a lovely call. Have a lovely Christmas. Thank you for giving our show ago, Kathy, Thank you bye, Belinda, welcome to the show. We know you're there. Blinda.
Speaker 5: Ah, Hi, Christian, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good with Blinda. Thank you very much, Blinda. Thanks you for on the show. Yep, so they don't know about encyclopedias. You had to go down to the library, or go and find a friend who had the world books and do your assignments at the airplace. I'll find in the relevant one at said you remember, they're all broken up, won't they.
Speaker 2: We had that at their house. We were the Encyclopedia house.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, the nerd We also had, oh well, a place of learning and knowledge.
Speaker 4: The only computer game we were allowed was Encyclopedia, and.
Speaker 1: That was a holy grail for nerds. I was intimidated by those kids. You're always destined for great things, But look at.
Speaker 2: Us in the same studio.
Speaker 1: Levels out and that message goes to everyone waiting for the results today. It all levels out. Oh that's so funny about the encyclopedias. Yes, it was a joy of learning as well and finding something out. He has to turn so many pages, and yes, periodicals and alously you would have to do research in the library.
Speaker 5: Yes course you never said at home unless you were rich like yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh he had Carter Belinda, great stuff, Have a lovely Christmas. Take care you do. Thank you all right, this is coming up for what is the time. It's eighteen minutes past eight here on Golden Sydney. It's the Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 3: Show, The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for all your contributions to what would kids these days have no idea about? Somebody who called in earlier was talking about wind up watches and a producer, Katy, was telling me about this. She went, oh my god, wind up watches, and I went, I only have wind up watches. Still, yeah, this watch I'm wearing now, I only used wind up watches. And I saw that she had an Apple Watch. I brought an Apple Watch and sold it back after three days. Gharsly things, garsy fake things. No, what did you you know? What? I didn't like? The thing was constantly shaking with alertz and these one alerts. This is my wife, gang, can you get milk and lou roll? So I don't need that on my hand. I don't want it on my phone. I really don't want that's not an alert, and my wrist was nagging me. Christian, kids today would understand using an old phone book pages as toilet paper. Well lucky there, I say. It's not like a Heyday of lou Role. Remember no, no, I don't know, but Charlie doesn't. Picked then, Christian, I have memories of I think we've got a fellow nerd like you. I have memories of playing mind Maids on Microsoft in Carta. Wow, look at you guys. The old math Club's re uniting.
Speaker 2: Have a breakout podcast.
Speaker 1: Athletics and our copies. Christian, I have two copies of Caen Carton ninety five, as I can still play it. Oh wow, wow, Well Ri, I'll be round in the new year.
Speaker 3: Colin the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: I got a horrible feeling. This is going to be an unpleasant next twenty minutes. It's today's time waster. We do this every day on the show. We give a different topic and a theme and you get your phones out and you're slinging your jokes. Reo Mark some gold silver bronze with the best in show. You get a prize, Today's prize for the best in show. We're talking about radio and tuning knobs and dials, not anymore, not anymore, brand new future radio, digital radio. This show in the new year will be live to every city in Australia. We'll be talking to friends in Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane who can hear the show on da B Plus. And you can win a brand new ties for radio right now thanks to Cogan dot com shop up to seventy percent off Cogan dot Com. Christmas Oud clicking awesome all right time Wednesday is cricket movie.
Speaker 2: Let's do it?
Speaker 1: Snicko brother? Where are that? Well? Come on cheating? I was easy. Moving on from sampaper, you're now using spy technology to defeat us. Run whoa, what a surprise? Am I going to get any golds?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Definitely not, Travis head knobs and brimsticks. What about about old Forest Stumpy? That's silver plus War of the World, Steve, War of the World. Someone needs to get back on in Carter It a bit dusty over there. You give me silver because you were too slow on it. I do think you said it from what about the Nathan Lyon King. That's gold coal. Have you got cricket movies?
Speaker 2: Twelve angry palms especially?
Speaker 1: Just be nice?
Speaker 2: It should have been.
Speaker 1: Quicker, unmarkable. Actually it's really unfunny.
Speaker 4: This wale's got a prediction five Nilli, Yeah, Bronze Lane, the warn identity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good gold and you me and Crawley, Oh very good? All right, what have you got them your cricket movie? Send them in four seven five three one O four three were mark the next on The Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 3: Show, The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Today's time Waster, I better take cover. It's cricket movies. So we're looking for your cricket movies to down the time wastter. Have you got a gold, silver, bronze rie? Are you ready to mark?
Speaker 2: I'm ready?
Speaker 1: No ball for old men. Gold, Well done, Chris, the talented mister Viv Richard. That's what a legend, Nathan, very very good. What accident was that? That's that went on? That master pass? The action he was I just called that. I just called that. I can't control it, you know, Yeah, well we need to we're on the radio and it's got canceled. Second time this year TV sps Just around the Corner, Pop and Carry in Present Danger, Silver, Shane warn in the World's Silver Plus The Stark Night Rises, Gold Marking Newcastle, Dennis Lily the Menace. That is so Rachel. That's on Rachel Dean Jones's diary. Silver plus Ghost Bouncers. Oh, Kerry Poppins.
Speaker 2: God as well?
Speaker 1: What a name on this guy who sent carry poppers in? Frederick Kyler Up the umpire always rings twice? Silver Open, how's that gall Fielder on the roof? Silver plus Weekend at Boonie's. Imagine that two men in a wicket sounds rude? Silver White men can't stump Batsman and Robin Silver snicko for old men? Go all right, who's the best in show? Who's running the career? Funk dis Alradio Thanks to Cogan dot Com.
Speaker 2: Rachel with Dennis Lily the Menace.
Speaker 1: Well don't Rachel, We're back tomorrow. Have a great day, Sydney, take care, Thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show go On podcast