Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 2: My name's Santasha Nabananga Bamblet. I'm a proud yr the Order KERNI Whoalbury and a waddery woman. And before we get started on She's on the Money podcast, I would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land of which this podcast is recorded on a wondery country, acknowledging the elders, the ancestors and the next generation coming through as this podcast is about connecting, empowering, knowledge sharing and the storytelling of you to make a difference for today and lasting impact for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: She's on the Money, She's on the Money.
Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the business by If you're thinking of starting up a side hustle or a small business, my friend, you are in exactly the right place. I'm Victoria Devine and I've created and currently runs several i would say successful businesses, and I'm joined by one of the hardest working side hustlers I know, miss Jessica Riach. What a dream team. I think we look cute together too, So that's that really helpful.
Speaker 4: I've been loving these Business Bible episodes, especially since we just won Best Business Podcast.
Speaker 1: Or but the year at the podcast of warhy No, it's so exciting, We're so smart, Jessica.
Speaker 4: It was honestly just so fun, and it's really exciting to know that you guys are loving the Business Bible as much as we are.
Speaker 1: Neither of us saw it coming. We were both in shock.
Speaker 4: So yeah, there's a video and I wanted to say it was so exciting. But we've covered a lot in a couple of episodes. We've found out why we've set up our business books. But today's episode is a little bit more fun because we're going to be trying to find out exactly who our customer avatar is.
Speaker 1: I would say this is probably more exciting than to about tax and bank accounts. Maybe not for you, yeah, exactly, But today we're going to be looking at creating a customer avatar, which is really fun. Nothing like Avatar the movie that is where my brain goes the same the second you say avatar and like they're blue rat. That's different. So this is a customer avatar, jess And what exactly is the customer avatar? So you might have heard of a customer avatar or a customer persona or maybe something similar and It's basically where you create a fictional person who becomes the outline of your perfect customer. Right, So the exact person that we would be selling to, the exact person would be marketing our business to talking to every single time we turn up in our business or side hustle, whether that is in person or online. So by the end of this episode, you're going to have a name, you're going to have an age, you're gonna have a gender, and you're basically going to create this whole fictional character that aligns with your business. But you can't use them to catfish people. Jess Okay, so no getting on Tinder and saying, ah, I'm actually Jessica twenty nine, Like, that's not gonna work. Yeah, But the whole point of this is to really drill down into who your perfect customer is, because if you can approach them and appeal to them, you're going to attract more like minded customers, where as they think these days, everybody's trying to be too much of everything to everybody. You know what that does, It dilutes your value as a business. Yeah. Like, let's give an example, using my favorite example, the candle business. It might be thirty two year old Emily. She lives in Burwood. She works full time in the city. She catches the train to work. She listens to maybe three or four hours of a podcast a week. She's she's on the money, yeah, obviously, but we're just going to say podcasts in general. Maybe she's more of a pop culture girlie with than an educational girlie. We don't know, We don't judge. She spends time on Instagram and TikTok relatable. She's renting a one bedroom apartment all by herself and saving up to purchase her own home to live in. She wants to make her current house feel like a home, but she's on a tight budget. That's much more detailed than I thought it would be. Yeah, so we're like making this perfect customer, Like we want to give them a little bit of personality, a little bit of flair because obviously that is then going to drive the way that you run your business, because you might go v I'm not really like a high end, super luxury candle business that sells, you know, one hundred dollars candles. They're more of an everyday luxury. So I want people to get that like a little boost of serotonin every day when they use my product. They're affordably priced.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's making us think it's more like a character that you would create in a video game or a bit mooji or something like that, less like the blue people in the James Camera movies, which makes much more sense to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, I mean, we could make avatars. I don't know how many of them actually exist by your products though, just that seems very reasonable. They're really attractive for blue people, like they go, all right.
Speaker 4: The main guy could get it exactly. Can you tell me a little bit more about why this is beneficial to the business early on?
Speaker 1: So there's lots of benefits. It's something that I've done. I'm not just sitting here going, oh my gosh, you guys should definitely do this. Like Jess, you've worked for me for what like three and a half is years, which is terrifying, and you have known that. I've always said, look, we have an avatar. My name's Emily. If it doesn't suit Emily, it doesn't suit our community. It's this thing in our I guess, in our business that kind of helps us fact check or make sure that something might fall correctly because we've obviously given thirty four year old Emily in Burwood personality, we might go, should we be posting about this current topical issue on Instagram? Is Emily going to find that interesting? Or is she going to go, why the hell's my candle business posting about X issue or this political statement or whatever it is. So we've really got to think about how your consumer's going to interpret information that you share. Right, So the benefits of having a customer avatar that but also you know exactly who your customer is, which can help us when we make marketing or business decisions. The avatar reflects the community, so it's usually the average person in your community, not just like your dream girl.
Speaker 4: Right, So, as we understand that we're going to have lots of different people exactly aren't exactly the same.
Speaker 1: We're not all cookie cutter. It's absolutely not, and we're not going to try and make sure that it's absolutely perfect for Emily. But like, is this something that Emily might bring up at brunch and like all of her friends no matter how diverse, might go, oh yeah, like that sounds great, love that candle business idea. Can we speak to an individual instead of a group of people. When we speak to an individual as a business instead of a group of people, it feels so much more personalized. Yes, if I can speak to you as a person who has a problem that I'm trying to solve, as opposed to Hello, audience and welcome. Yeah, it's just more personal and we like that. It will be a critical element in your marketing and your sales campaigns. It can even help decide whether customer complaints are helpful or unhelpful, because you might get a complaint and they might go, your fragrances are too strong and not florally enough and I can't believe you do this, And you go, who is that from deliver bit snoopy snoop? And it's Barbara and she's eighty. Yeah, Barbara really wants paturely. Emily doesn't want her house to smell like maturely. Yeah, so go, Thanks by breath for the feedback. So sorry, we couldn't hit the nail on the head with this one. We might forward that to our developers, Yeah, maybe not do much with it. Yeah, but if your target audience is giving you direct feedback and being like, oh, this is not hitting the nail on the head, maybe that's when you take it a step further. Yeah, it really helps you work out what is helpful and unhelpful feedback.
Speaker 4: That's really interesting, I think because as a business scales, it's something we've seen in Shees on the Money very much. So the more people you're talking to, the more people you're trying to help, the more different and diverse people. You know, we started off talking to women, but we have lots of men in our community now as well, which we love. Everybody is welcome, but the more different opinions, the more things people want to say. You'll put something out and some people be like, yes, we love this, and on the exact same post, people be like this is the worst. We hate it.
Speaker 1: Oh goosh. I know, And it's kind of like, what do you take seriously and what do you want because as a business owner, especially a small business owner, I take everything personally hundreds Like, you know, I know what you're referring to as our recent rebrand if She's on the Money, right, and I guess to talk happily about that. We spent months on that, right, Like, we hired this full time graphic designer. The original She's on the Money branding was done by me what Microsoft PowerPoint on our screenshot it but like we will start somewhere, Jessica, it's truly iconic. But I mean, look good I did with Palhoy Cowboy built. Just when there is a will, there is truly truly a way and when you have ADHD it really really helps. But I think it's it's one of those things where you know, we spent a significant amount of time finding a designer that I really liked the vibe of that I thought could take shees on the money where I wanted it to go right. We then workshopped and brainstormed and I worked with this company to go these are the colors, these are the vibes, This is where I wanted to go. I really want it to be a bit more punchy, a little bit more you know, in your face in a way as opposed to soft peaches, like I want to keep the peach in the color palace. But anyway, we had all these conversations and it took months to get to the brand that we got to. Might be interesting to do an episode on that one day, like why I really can, but also like how yeah, like and maybe how you could do it for your brand. If you don't have the cash, let us know. If you want to hear about that, yes, please. But we did all of this and then you know, it came to fact checking it and all my friends and family had seen it, all my team had seen it. We'd like you know, gone back and forth on different iterations of the logo where small things changed. Right, So we're really proud to put this out. We love it, and obviously we want our community feedback and we want people to go, oh, hey, like love it or don't love it, that's fine. But when people are like this is heinous, this is worst rebrand I've seen in my life, You're like, oh, okay, yeah, but not helpful. Not helpful. But then you also go, all right, are they our target demographic? And you really have to go back to that because as a small business owner, I take everything personally. Like if you say you don't like Sheese on the Money, I totally get it. We're not everything to everybody, but I'm always going to have some level of feeling defensive about that because She's on the money is my baby. So like, if you made candles, Jess, and I go, well, I don't really like candles you'd be like, oh, okay, well it's a little bit, And I think it's important as small business owners that we back our business. It's kind of like if someone was talking smack about you, Jess, I'd be like, no, she's the best. What are you talking about? Yeah, Like, I'm going to be defensive because I love it. Yes, So I think it's important to understand where we're coming from, who our target demographic is, because it really helps you filter those comments, especially if you're asking for feedback online, which we do, but we always take it with a grain of salt because if someone is willing to come online and be like this is the most heinous rebrand we've seen in our entire lives, you kind of go you a designer, Yeah, oh no, you work in healthcare. Not that that's a bad thing, but like, you probably don't have a lot of experience as a designer. Our colors are definitely more in your face. Yeah, maybe they don't like it, and that's fine, but I can't be everything to everybody. But when we looked at our avatar Jess, yeah, we were like, she'll it. Yeah, we nailed it on the head. We nailed it.
Speaker 4: Everyone else's opinions are relevant, and we listen and we take it on board, but we.
Speaker 1: Just make sure that we're not always pandering to every single piece of feedback that comes our way. One because that would absolutely drown us. But two because we want to have conviction in who we are. And I think that that's what makes She's on the money and you know, the business Bible are stronger brand because well, we know who we are and who we're not. And if we're not somebody that you want to engage with, that's so fine because I would actually prefer to leave that slot empty so I can find the perfect person to come in so that I'm speaking to somebody who feels like they really resonate with us. It's funny because just before you wipe me up here and go to a break, I was on TikTok this morning. Yes, by away. I lived there. It's why my alarm goes off at six am, but I don't get out of bed until seven. It's TikTok time. Yeah, exactly when my husband wakes up. It's fantastic. But I was laying in bed and you know it's coming up to a festive season, Jess, So there's lots of like Christmas recipe online, and there was this beautiful Italian woman on TikTok and she was talking about how every year she makes this fancy seafood salad and it's like the boogie is looking seafood salad I've ever seen salad sounds weird when you're talking about it. A little bit a cocktail me, because it's got like beautiful fresh prawns and oysters and all these things that people would love in it. Right. She goes through this whole recipe and then I'm like looking at the top comments and one of them was like, what do I swap it out for if I don't like seafood? Maybe a different recipe, man, Yeah, And the girl, like this beautiful Italian woman who had just done this video, was like, it's literally a seafood salad. Perhaps find a different recipe. And I was just like, legit, right, Like, you don't have to be everything to everybody. If you don't like seafood, you don't make that recipe. Yeah, but I think we also need to go if they say, well I would never put prawns in it, it doesn't mean that you have to take their advice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so when you're a small brand setting up your identity, that maybe helps give you a little bit of confidence in the things that you do, because I know it can be really temp when you get a piece of feedback to go, oh, we need to change that. But if you're coming back to that customer avatar and you're going, okay, well, what does my ideal person look like? What does my Emily look like? What does my Emily want?
Speaker 1: It's so helpful. Yeah, And I mean I mentioned just before that you've worked for us or for me for like three and a half years, and I think a good question here, completely off the cuff, is about feedback that we've received. Do you remember back three and a half years ago when we would get feedback and I would cry, Yeah, and I would be so upset. I'm bringing this up. It's important, but like I used to get so upset, like if we got a really nasty DM or I thought it was nasty, or we get some feedback that I wasn't what they needed me to be, or then maybe I was, you know, not good or you know anything. Literally, I would be heartbroken. Like Jesse used to write my days off, What does feedback do now? You're like, Eh, exactly, And so I'm only sharing that because we've just talked about how important it is to have conviction. And if you're a small business owner and you're listening to this, that takes time to build. You can't just go in and be like, Eh, that's fine, I don't mind. Yeah, I've had four and a half years of doing my Shees on the Money podcast and the She's on the Money community to get that conviction to go. Actually, I see what you're saying. That's not going to help me in this moment. That is not something that I'm going to engage in. Whereas before when I wasn't so sure and I was really starting up home, we'd only existed for a year and I had my first employee, Jessica, and I just so anxious about everything because I wanted to do everything right and I wanted to be perfect for you, when I wanted to be perfect for my community, and where people would point at my cracks, I'd be like, oh, don't look there. Yeah, now I'm scary is crack. Rip it open, put.
Speaker 4: At a bow on it, and we find fill it with gold.
Speaker 1: But I think it's really important to also point out that this is not something that as a small business owner you just step into immediately being comfortable and confident, and feedback can knock you for six and you know what, there are going to be times where you lay in bed and you cry and you're so upset. I don't even know why I'm doing this, and you tell your husband, this is the worst decision I've ever made. Yeah, I promise you it's not. You actually have to just put your big girl socks on and go out and try again, because it's not the businesses that get glowing feedback that are successful, it's the ones that try and try again. Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: All right, let's head to a really quick break, let the people digest, and when we come back, I think we're going.
Speaker 1: To touch on how to actually put this avatar together. Yeah, we're going to put one together together.
Speaker 4: Exciting, don't go anywhere, Welcome back everybody. We know what a customer avatar is, and we know why we need one.
Speaker 1: We desperately need one.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, So now let's create one for a little business or sarde hustle VD.
Speaker 1: How do we create? Where do I start?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: We're going to start with four things. So first things first, basic demographics. Are they male? Are they female? Are they other? Who are they? What do they look like? How old are they? What is their lifestyle? What are their goals and aspirations? This is getting a little bit fluffy, but I promise it's really important. Before the break, I told you about Emily. She was thirty two. She's saving up for a first home. That gives you so much context around where her values would be sitting. If Emily is saving up for a first home at thirty two, yess yeah, she's probably watching her budget a little bit. Absolutely. That'd be different to somebody who's thirty two and really loves partying and has no interest in savings. So those are two different demographics we're talking to, right, What are their fears? And most importantly, what are their pain points? I love that word pain point, pain point. It does sound good. I think it's the alliteration. Yeah, ros hung. But pain points are really important to identify in a business because your job as a business is to solve a problem for your customer, and if you're not solving a problem for your customer, your business is not going to be successful. Yeah, full stop, end of story. I don't care what your business is whether you make candles. The problem you are solving if you are making candles is that I want my house to feel more like a home. My candles can do that. She's on the money's problem. It solves the lack of financial literacy that is accessible to particularly women. So we know exactly what pain point we are addressing, and we can clarify that doesn't matter what you do, whether you're an influencer. Maybe you make approachable content in an aesthetic way that people really relate to. There could be a million different things. It doesn't have to be solving world hunger, Jess Like, it doesn't have to be a pain point that is the biggest thing in the entire world. But we are solving a problem for our community. And if we are solving a problem for our community, we are proving that there is a need that my business exists. Yes, then before we get any further into these it's super important to note that this is who your customer is, not who you want to be. Okay, tell me more. Well, I might go write down all the things that I'm really aspirational, Like, maybe instead of having Emily be you know, someone who catches the train to work she's living her best life. She drives a Mescetis to work. Oh, queen, is she saving for a first home? No, she's a big dog. She's already purchased her first time. Like, we're trying for attainable, not aspirational without avatar, we're trying for relatable, not somebody who's already done it all. If that makes sense, because then we do have a problem pain point to solve for that community. Otherwise we could just say I want billionaire clients who want thousands of whatever product i'm selling Jessica. Yeah, okay, that's genius. If there are billionaires out there who want to buy thousands of my podcasts below, slip on into my DMS, we can talk later. Absolutely, Yeah, that would be nice. It's not very realistic. Yeah, and it's not helpful for our business.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you want to set yourself up for success by being really practical with what you're doing. So you said some of the things we could consider a how old they are, what their gender is, where they live. What other things might we also consider?
Speaker 1: So, what's their job, what's their profession? How much money do they actually make? Are we talking about someone who earns an average income? Or are you slightly above average? You below average? What does that look like? What's their highest level of education? So they's somebody who's gone to UNI or are they just you know, your average Joe blow who's just in a trade. What does that look like like? There's no right or wrong here, it's actually what you're targeting, because that's going to tell you a lot about their personality and their preferences. Just after listening to this, how would you describe I guess the basic demographics of your side hustle.
Speaker 4: I feel like there's kind of two elements to what I do. And so for the people who don't know, I obviously do social media and I put posts up on my page and I have a little community of people who I love, and I would say that, Jessica, you're an influencer.
Speaker 1: I don't like that way. That's why I said it. I'm not sorry. I don't like that word at all. I like content creator, influencer.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, in that case, I think the people in my community are probably very aligned to myself. I think that they are primarily women. I would say they're between maybe twenty five and thirty five, living in Australia.
Speaker 1: And I know that from your demographics here. Know that one if you do your content online, you're always looking at demographics, Like I could tell your hands down what my average like podcast list now looks like, or yeah, what my average Instagram user looks like versus TikTok and how they're different. It's so interesting, which is probably.
Speaker 4: A great point for any businesses that have a social media platform. Look at your demographics because that probably gives you a great idea of you know, who's already there, and that could help you build to that customer avatar. Yeah, I think the people who follow me are interested in beautiful pictures, yeah, of a really attractive woman us s up. I think that they are driven. I think that they maybe have a lifestyle that they want to achieve. But we're all we're living on a budget. We're all budget friendly queens. So maybe they like a bit of diy, or they like a dube, or they like seeing fashion or travel options that are more affordable, because we can't all afford to drop twenty thousand dollars on a trip to Eather Ya. Course, that would be the dream, and we all want to get there, but we're doing what we've got to do now to work our way up. So I think exactly that's probably what I would say. Is that enough detail totally?
Speaker 1: But other questions I'd want to hear answered or other like points that I'd want you to know is kind of like what's their main point of social media? Like you know, what times are they actually using it? So like if we look at our avatar for our candle business, we've got Emily. She's thirty two. She's probably using social media on the train on the way to work, and all on the way home when she gets home. She's budget saving queens. She's probably cooking dinner, Like she's probably not just laying on the couch ordering ober eat scrolling mindlessly on TikTok. Right, so we've got to think about these things. What type of shopper are they? Like I already know from your demographics and your page, knowing it well enough, your average community member Jess would probably be more of an online shopper than an in person shopper because they're always looking for the best deal. They love your Amazon links like they're all across it because they know that you've done the hard yards to find the best deal for them, and they're using shot back to get cash back on that hundred percent they are or how much spare time do they have? What do they like doing in their spare time. You kind of nailed that with like the DIY side of things, So I think it's just really important to go a bit deeper on this person that you're making up. Yeah, because you can always pair it back, but I'd prefer you to make up a like I think X, Y and Z and something that you can do to I guess help you along this journey. Have a look at your competitors. Have a look who's commenting on their posts. What type of human beings are they. Are they men in their middle fifties and their au called craig or are they young women being like Oh I love this, I can't wait to buy it, or I can't wait to budget for it. Like, have a look at what other people are doing. The information's there for the taking. Yeah, that's actually super clever.
Speaker 4: I want to ask about number three, which was goals and aspirations, which can feel a little bit fluffy because you go, well, I know my goals and aspirations.
Speaker 1: Obviously, it's not that. It's not that Jess.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, I know your goals and aspirations because you're my friend.
Speaker 1: Take over the world. But exactly right, and lack of financial literacy for.
Speaker 4: All, make sure everyone is rich. That's how ultimately got rich, rich quickly but safely. But how do we figure that out for somebody that we don't really know?
Speaker 1: So, as I said, it's not your goals, it's your buyer's goals. So you need to consider what their goals and motivations are in terms of what you're selling. So back to candle business as an example, a customer might have the goal of making their house feel really homey and beautiful and they want an aesthetic candle to sit on their bathroom venture or in their kitchen, but on a budget. So we're talking about their goals and aspirations, not they want to end to world hunger. Like in terms of your business, what would be a goal of buying your product, like or what outcome would they get from that? What problem has been solved? How are they going to feel when they get that? So like Jess, let's say you buy my candle, you feel a little bit fancy. It's beautiful packaging, you love how it looks in your kitchen. Yeah, it's syesthetic, it smells good, and it was budget friendly. Yeah. My friends come over, they go, oh, it smells good Innyhow that's so nice. And it's like, you know, looks good in your flat lays that you might put on Instagram. Those things could be really important to you. It's gonna be really different if you're a plumber. Yeah, and that's okay, But we really need to think about our own business. Consider what the value is, consider what your customer values, and consider what they don't value. Like they might go, I'm not going down to Meca, for example, spending three hundred dollars on a candle, completely ridiculous. Yeah, because do you know what if we think about Emily, she'd probably look at that candle and be like, so much money that I wasted and I'm saving for a house. It would make her feel guilty. Yeah, I'm not gonna burn it. I'm just gonna let it sit there. That's literally how every expensive candle in my house exists. Are they gonna get burned?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Am I going to look at them for a really long time and then wonder why they're so dusty? Yes, that is how it's going to be. What are their biggest goals and aspirations and how can the product that you're selling help them achieve that? Yes, I guess how would you describe the goals and aspirations of your community avatar?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I was saying before, I think they're like me in the sense that I like nice things.
Speaker 1: And I think, really I have not noticed.
Speaker 4: I think for a long time it was very taboo to want nice things, and it was very not humble to you know, I will very I want nice things. Yeah, I like we have very openly had conversations where I've said when I'm older, I want to be able to retire early. I want to be what you would, I guess call rich or comfortably wealthy.
Speaker 1: Or if you're gonna do it because you're a good little investor. Yeah, I've also said things like the I'm going to be buying a Chanel. Can't believe how expensive they are, but sixteen thousand dollars, Oh my gosh, they've gone up. Do you know they used to be They used to be like five thousand dollars. It makes me want to die a little bit. But that means I'm a good investor because I bought a Chanelle cost me five thousand dollars when I bought it, because I bought it a while ago. Are you telling me that my investment is now with sixteen thousand dollars? Just crazy? Well, that's a very good investment. I'm not selling it to you at cost price, No, absolutely not.
Speaker 4: But there like I think one day I would love to own a back like those are these?
Speaker 1: Nothing wrong with that because there's not like I don't know a side note here. That's so beyond the bag. That's like an obtainable aspirational goal that you go, I can achieve that and once it's in front of you, same with me, like I bought mine as like a congrats, you've done well in your business and you like have achieved this and you've deserved a little treaty treat But I think it's so much more than that. It's about the attainment of it, not necessarily just having the product. Like I'm nearly convinced if you were gifted it, you'd be like, ah, well that just took away the goal, you know, like it was to earn it, not necessarily to own.
Speaker 4: It one hundred percent. But I think that my community are very like me in that they are working towards things. Maybe they want to travel and see the world, or they want to buy their first house like I do, or they want to achieve something.
Speaker 1: They're working towards.
Speaker 4: That, but they still want to enjoy their life along the way, so they don't want to give everything up. They still want to go on little trips on the weekend with Zullin exactly right. So I think it's people who are trying to live their best life and trying to work towards creating a wonderful future for themselves, but at the same time trying to make best of what they can. Because let's be honest, I spent two hundred dollars on one bag of groceries last night, and I felt sick. Yeah, And so I think we're all having that experience at the same time where we're going, well, how do I live a life that I enjoy, a life where I'm not miserable, a life where I can have fun and feel beautiful, or do something that fills my cup without you know, spending two hundred dollars on something that disappears in a week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. And it's always like toilet paper and things that you're out of, like country staples, literally not even good stuff like I wish I could say we're into the supermarket ball like all these ingredients for all these cute recipes I might know. It was like literally toilet paper. I totally get that. I'm not surprised you've nailed it, Jess, because we talk about this stuff all the time because I think it's really important. But how about we put a thread in the Facebook group just that she's on the money Facebook group, so everyone can get involved. And what we'll do is you can tell us what your customer avatar is and we can have a look at it and be like, oh, you could tighten it up here, or what about this question, and we can like kind of help you create your customer avatar, which I think would be really fun. So that will be released on the day that this podcasts go live, so it'll be up now my friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But Jess, now that we've gone through all of these, what you should be able to pull together is a very detailed customer avatar. You're going to give them a name. You can even write down what they look like, or better yet, you could search the internet find a photo of somebody who looks like your customer avatar and put that somewhere that you can see it in a frame on the wall. We didn't get an actual human being because I felt like that was a bit weird. Imagine if like it came up on our Instagram and it was like, you know, in the background, we've got this, just like frame somebody and then like that somebody saw and they were like, why is there a framed photo of me in your office? So wet the cartoon. So that's absolutely fine, but put it somewhere that you can see it. Just now we've done this, What is the name of your customer Avatar?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Who is she? What does she do? I'm gonna call my customer ava. I like this.
Speaker 4: I think that she is twenty five to thirty five. She is interested in living her best life and seeing content that is a little bit aspirational but also still really attainable. She is into bargain hunting.
Speaker 1: And I love this. What she do as a job, she works in marketing. I like this. Does she own a property? Yet she doesn't. She's working on the Journey's.
Speaker 4: On the journey and she's just kind of figuring life out and that's okay. She just wants to surround herself with people who are uplifting, and she really cares about the people who are close to her, her friends and family.
Speaker 1: All Right, I love this. I actually adore it. But this has been such a helpful exercise and I feel like people listening and go, oh, that would really help me pinpoint what I'm doing, because how many times do you just get an analysis paralysis when you're like, got to work on a marketing campaign or I've got to do this, or I've got to do that. Now you have somebody you're targeting it towards, it's going to be so much easier. Yeah, I hate writing medms like marketing medms. Do you know how much easier it will be for we're just talking to Emily. Yeah, I feel like, oh right Emily in an email, let her know, like, treat your customers as an individual and I promise it will pay dividends. But obviously you can redo this again and again as your business grows or pivots or changes. This stuf have to kinpoint your client that is your client forever. So I think, do it as you want. But Jess, I have a very big Facebook thread to get to, as do you, because you're healthy. But I think this has been a really fun episode and I cannot wait for next month's Business Bible episode. We'll see them, my friends see them.
Speaker 5: The advice shared on She's on the Money is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances. She's on the Money exists purely for educational purposes and should not be relied upon to make an investment or financial decision.
Speaker 1: If you do choose to buy a financial product.
Speaker 5: Read the PDS TMD and obtain appropriate financial.
Speaker 1: Advice tailored towards your needs.
Speaker 5: Victoria Divine and She's on the Money are authorized representatives of money. Sheper Pty Ltd ABN three two one is six four nine two seven seven zero eight AFSL four five one to eight nine