Speaker 1: Come on in.
Speaker 2: Your day. Here the pickup begs a chemist warehouse.
Speaker 3: Hallo, ladies, We're back again in this freezing cold little studio room and Mitch Chury, I just wanted to say thank you so much for giving me your shirt, which I put on because I was cold, and I'm really enjoying the sweat patches that are under the arm.
Speaker 2: Oh no, he's there, sweat.
Speaker 4: It's wet shirt, wet fries.
Speaker 3: He is disgusting, and I'm going to persevere because I'm that cold that I'll handle a little bit of wetness under my eye.
Speaker 2: I did you a favorite, like giving you the jacket off my shoulder. I'man nothing but a bond's chesty bond singlet.
Speaker 1: I think he needs to be a little bit more grateful for the shirt that he's freezing his little nipples.
Speaker 4: No, he likes being cold though.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Mitch Chury, Mitchchury has developed a bit of a nick in your long term relationship.
Speaker 2: This is our fifty together and I thought we were well and truly beyond dicks. But something has happened over the weekend that is making me question the future of our relationship.
Speaker 3: Well, I want to hear all about this, but also on the Today's show, we are speaking to a woman who is currently having a baby by surrogacy. Now I have a lot of questions about how this even. How do you even find someone who's going to have a baby for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I might have to go down that route. I will have to. That's my only choice if I want baby surrocacy, So I might have to get a number. She'll be on the show. Also, we finally have an update on BRIT's dog walker situation. We're going to get her on the show because Laura and I have questions as to how ethical the hiring process was.
Speaker 4: You make it sound like a witch. No, we think you are just very thorough.
Speaker 2: The dog walker is on the show. Next, what a headline. Here at the Pickup around Australia. Welcome here at the Pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch Rush into Chemistlare House today grab anc protein, set up powering Tomorrow Today. Last week on the show, we were unpacking BRIT's hire process to get a dog walker of her beautiful dog Delilah, and officially we can announce she's hired someone.
Speaker 4: Oh thank goodness, you can all sleep easy.
Speaker 2: Has been restored to the world.
Speaker 1: It's a really big thing because I've I've had a dog walker, Dodie for a long time. She's great, but she's gone on a bit of a vacate and it's not just a dog walker, it's a sitter extended periods of time.
Speaker 4: I needed to find a new one. And I do not take that lightly.
Speaker 3: Not only do you not take it lightly, there was quite the process of interviewing. There was the need to find whether they had a chemistry match between the dog and the dog walker, but not just the dog and the dog walker. The dog walker and Britt needed to also have a good chemistry match. So you made a decision though you've hired someone today Delilah is well and truly looked after by said dog walker.
Speaker 2: Who is she?
Speaker 1: Demi the dog Walker. It does help that I also love some alliteration, so that helped Demi Delilah's dog Walker helped all well.
Speaker 2: Britt, what Laura and I have done. We've contacted Demi the dog Walker and she joins us now on the show. We have some questions for it, don't we.
Speaker 4: Laura Demie, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hi, Hi guys, how are you?
Speaker 1: My question just to kick straight off, is where is Delilah right now? If you're on the phone, are you not paying attention to Delilah.
Speaker 6: Is being very well looked after. We are just stopped at the side of the road, full aircorn on. She's actually currently having a snooze because she's been having so much fun. She's tucket herself out.
Speaker 3: How many interviews, how many phone calls, how many face to face the visits were there in order to get the very very prestigious job title of being Dalila's dog walker.
Speaker 6: I mean, look, there were a few, definitely a few face to face visits, you know, like an initial meeting. I'll follow up at the house. Let's have a trial at the park or I'm there, let's have a file at the park where I'm not there. So it's been a lengthy procedure. I was sort of like, is it going to be like a background check? The time number? Should I send you the photos of my house?
Speaker 2: Demi? You obviously would have known about Britt being in the public eye and you would have heard all the stories. Was there a certain level of apprehension and did she live up to her name? How was she to work with that closely.
Speaker 5: No, Look, she's been lovely.
Speaker 6: I don't really buy into all the stuff in the media because you know, people can write whatever they want. I don't want to set the benefit of the doubt because I wasn't really expecting anything untoward. But you know, when it comes to who's looking after your dog, I get it. I'm the same with being a crazy dog mum.
Speaker 3: It sounds like Demi knows exactly where her paycheck is coming from this week.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have How normal is this?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: Is this the same process?
Speaker 3: Where would you say this sits in terms of what other people have expected you to do.
Speaker 6: Look, if we're going on a scale, I'd say most other people are maybe like between us three to five, depending on how relaxed they are, if they've had someone before, and what was rebby Look at nine to ten?
Speaker 5: Up there.
Speaker 6: That the other end, Yes, I was up there.
Speaker 3: How many photos have you sent to brit today?
Speaker 6: I mean, look, the usual client gets like ten to fifteen. I think I've maybe sent like forty five the area, Yeah, to cover all the bases.
Speaker 4: And she does look like she's having a great time.
Speaker 2: To be fair, the very cute photos you're showing.
Speaker 6: It, Yeah, she's had a great time.
Speaker 3: But I am on the daycare app that I currently have where I can check in on my kids who are also being cared for it this very minute. And there are four photos, Demi, four photos of my two children, and that's combined.
Speaker 6: I'd be asking for more. That's yeah, that's not the scratch.
Speaker 4: I think I'm down on like a one two on the scale.
Speaker 2: Demi, do you do kids as well as dogs?
Speaker 6: Perhaps you know what I do. I used to work in childcare. So all the.
Speaker 4: Bases sign me up next week.
Speaker 2: You just got another job. They can all go together.
Speaker 6: You tell Mary and Laura to give me a call.
Speaker 4: I like that you already know their names. She's very thorough. I checked her for everyone that might ever come into contact with her.
Speaker 2: DEMI, can your milk as well? It may as well put you on my walk so we can all have the same dog walker. Thank you, Danny, congratulations on the gig. But she's a lovely, lovely higher britt Well done, well done.
Speaker 1: See if you do due diligence at the start makes the rest of your life easier.
Speaker 2: Very true. Up next for talking to a listener of the show who is having a baby. She's not carrying it herself. She has employed a surrogate to carry her child.
Speaker 1: I wonder her questions as thoroughly as igned did Delilah's dog walker questions.
Speaker 2: I doubt it. I truly truly doubt it. And we'll find out because she joins us next here at the pickup. It's the Pickup with Britt Laura and mid Tuesday afternoon, you got to head into Kenis's warehouse today. Great savings absolutely every day. Now, ladies, we've been contacted by a listener of the show. I love this.
Speaker 3: We have we have such an interesting story. So Lisa is a listener of the show and she is having a baby, but she's not currently pregnant, so she's having a baby through her best friend Sarah, who is carrying it via surrogacy for her. Lisa, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Hi, or you're having a baby, so congratulations, congratulation.
Speaker 4: It's a very exciting time.
Speaker 1: It obviously sounds like it's been a long time coming, because correct me if I'm wrong, but you've had eighteen rounds of IVF.
Speaker 5: Yeah, eighteen rounds over eight years, so it's been a long, long, long time coming, and we just announced it about four days ago, I feel very raw and very exciting.
Speaker 4: How many weeks along now? Is is? Sarah?
Speaker 5: We are fourteen and a half.
Speaker 1: That's so amazing, And so what's that been like for you over the eight years? With eighteen rounds of IVF?
Speaker 5: It's excruciating for anyone who's going through it. My hearts go out to you. Doing this has been like the hardest thing that I've ever been through. Every time it's at least thirty injections and then it's the hormones that go through you.
Speaker 3: Being your friend, she must have been very aware of your IVF journey. But how did you approach the conversation of asking her to be a surrogate for you?
Speaker 5: So it doesn't just happen overnight. Sarah and I met twelve and a half years ago. We remained like amazing friends. We worked on so many projects together. In twenty eighteen, when I was in my infancy of my IVS journey, she said to me, if you ever want a sarrogate, it would be my dream to carry a baby. And I was like, oh my god, another human would do that. And then fast forward last year, so March twenty twenty two, she texted me and said, Hey, how have IVF Collie. I was like, that's a great still to be a sorrygate and I'm text she was like, yes, absolutely, let's bring a baby in the world.
Speaker 1: Wow, it.
Speaker 4: Really happen, and organically.
Speaker 5: We're together for all the scanned we're like basically together together together, So it's incredible.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful story and it sounds great and it warms my heart. But then I think my brain goes to the logistics, like do you have to pay your you have to write a contract, you both have to go to a lawyer and sit down Like I'm sure it's not as easy as you're making it sound.
Speaker 5: It's not easy at all. And the reason that it's probably easier for me is because I'd been through eight years of absolute fricking health. I've been through many iterations of logistics and legalities. Before. You can't pay someone, it has to be out of the goodness of their heart. But it's actually not as complex as people may think. So basically, what we had to do with her and her husband David, me and my hobby to be Stiven had to do a three hour counseling session together to all get on the same page and kind of work through. Okay, how do we all feel about this? So you've got to be fairly, you know, in tune with your feelings and able to talk about everything and be comfortable. And then we had to get legal contracts drawn up on both sides just to any anomalies, you know, because as you said when you introduced, imagine if Sah had the baby and then were suddenly like, I can't let it go. So there's a whole lot of legal things. And then the surrogate has to have already finished their own families, so Sarah and David have three children already. And then we cover whilst we can't pay her, we cover every single extent for anything to do with her having to get transport to a scan or anything to do with medically, we cover for Sarah. So yeah, so it's just I feel like I've got not only a baby carrier, but also a very very very best best best friend, Like it's amazing.
Speaker 3: Wow. Well, I mean, speaking with feelings, what is it like going from having these eighteen rounds of IVF to having to experience somebody else carrying your baby?
Speaker 4: What does that feel like?
Speaker 5: Amazing? And in fact, they have shivers over my whole body, as you say. And again, it's all perspective, right if someone was starting today on their journey and they're like, I'm going to get a surrogate, like, there is no way. Six and a half years ago, I really could have even fathomed it. Whilst my partner Stephen has been amazing.
Speaker 6: Now I've got like a.
Speaker 5: Best fricking girlfriend. But every day we're like, is he kicking?
Speaker 3: Is he doing this?
Speaker 5: How are you feeling?
Speaker 6: It's just so beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's truly an incredible gift from your friend and your little baby boys.
Speaker 4: Do you on the second of August? So we just can't say a bigger congratulations to you.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it's been a long time coming, and we wish you all both families the absolute best.
Speaker 5: Oh, thank you so much, and thank you for such a beautiful kind injury. And I hope we can help a lot of other people that might be considering.
Speaker 2: This all right, standby, I might not need a sorry get after the experience that I had on the weekend. I'm not saying I'm leaving my beautiful partner of almost five years, but I'm saying something crossed my mind. Something that he's doing that has made me really requestion our love.
Speaker 4: We've got the ick, I've got the baby.
Speaker 2: We'll do it next to the pickup. It's the pickup with Britt, Laura and Midge. Rush into chemist warehouse today, grab inc protein powering tomorrow today, Ladies, I haven't actually told you what happened to me over the weekend, but I've developed a new ick. How would you describe an ick?
Speaker 3: It's when you are suddenly turned off the person that you love.
Speaker 2: My beautiful partner, Hayden, of all almost five years, it's our fifty this year together. There is nothing more emasculating in the world than having to sign your partner's driving log book.
Speaker 4: Oh, because Hayden just got his life.
Speaker 2: I'm teaching him to drive and it makes me sick.
Speaker 3: So wait, Hayden's driving around with his l plates on and you're sitting in the driver's seat teaching him how to You're a terrible driving.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know, first of all, that's another issue that I'm teaching him to drive, but me having to go babe that help plates on? But a power dynamics always a bit hot, keeps a relationship alive, but not when you're telling your partner how long to stop at a stop signed for.
Speaker 4: Two one and accelerate.
Speaker 3: I feel like this isn't power dynamics. This is a real daddy thing because it's an issually your dad or your mum who teaches you how to drive a car.
Speaker 1: When you think of in a relationships and you're trying to be sexy in a car, it's like you're getting going to get sexy in the car and you're not sitting in the car telling him to stop and start.
Speaker 2: We did a driving lesson on the weekend. He said to me, I'm exhausted after that. I can't imagine how you feel after driving in the relationship for four years and then he goes, you want to sort of, you know, have some fun in the bedroom, and I had absolutely zero ounce of desire.
Speaker 4: Well, at what point did the desire go?
Speaker 3: Was it when you heard the magnetic click of the l plate or was it when he had to put his indicator on and you were like, darling, you haven't put your indicator on. Probably it's the left one and he's like, which one's the indicator? And then he's got the windscreen wipers going.
Speaker 2: It was that when I had to google what a give way sign looked like because he couldn't picture it in his head.
Speaker 4: How old is Hayden, Just so we know, he's twenty six the age as me twenty six years.
Speaker 3: That's quite a long way into life to have not driven a car, isn't it.
Speaker 2: That's also the issue. I forced him to get the license because I thought this was so unfair that I'm having to drive my whole life and you're you get off scott free. You're an uber, You're an everly I'm glorified uber. And then now I'm having to teach him, and I didn't think about it. I'm telling you it's a real problem. And especially when you develop an ick this deep into a relationship, it takes you aback. Christen's called I'm thirteen one oh six y five. I think, Kristian, you've developed an e late into a relationship. What is it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, So my partner and I have been together for eight years now. I've actually just had a babyshit, so it's like a long term, serious relationship.
Speaker 4: It's efficient, and I.
Speaker 7: Adore him, but then he shoes with his mouth open, and the noise it just gets to me and I like to give him jaggers. I stare at him and it grinds.
Speaker 3: But surely you've been together eight years. Surely this is something he's always done. Just overnight, just decided to start eating with the mouth open. Maybe he's got some daser problems.
Speaker 7: I feel like I never really noticed it until like recently.
Speaker 2: So wait, what I'm getting to solve this relationship? In my relationship, is I need to have a baby.
Speaker 4: No, it's it's not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to solve this issue, I need to go through the lengthy process of getting a baby via surracle.
Speaker 3: I think that Hayden just needs to get his license and then you'll be fine.
Speaker 2: All right, That's that's the end of the show for a Tuesday. We're done here, guys.
Speaker 3: Ah, Happy Tuesday everyone. We've got Willam, What are you coming up next?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The boys from the Imperfect podcast are into Diish kyleen Berg.
Speaker 4: He's wonderful. Oh he's my favorite.
Speaker 2: I love that podcast too. They're joining Will and what are you next? You tomorrow? Bye,