Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast, What What.
Speaker 3: What My Cave? Today?
Speaker 1: Toast yesterday one, I.
Speaker 4: See you, I am you. Let's eat the Schnitzel.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Thursday morning. It's to Christian O'Connell's show on Gold one oh four point three. I hope you're well this morning. Good morning, Patsy morning, Jackie Boy, Good morning team. How are you?
Speaker 5: We're good? Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Today is the day inductioners?
Speaker 5: At what time?
Speaker 3: The induction is? Three pm? This afternoon.
Speaker 6: It all kicks off and then you know, it takes as long as a labor take, So it could be later tonight, it could be tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: It could be tomorrow and midday.
Speaker 4: Oh, someone's seen a video yesterday because this was not the chat we had a couple of days ago where you thought was in within minutes.
Speaker 5: Because these new drugs, I.
Speaker 6: Have watched the videos and it doesn't happen within minutes. Actually it's it's a dangerous sign if it's happening too quickly. They've got to slow you down.
Speaker 5: Really, how do they do that? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Sorry, they take the drug they take their IV, so they take the IV out of your arm, or they just reduce the drug that's in there that's making you have the baby.
Speaker 5: Gotcha. You don't sound quite with us. What's going on?
Speaker 6: No, I think I'm just I'm doing this show from home, so I'm delayed.
Speaker 3: I can I can hear.
Speaker 6: There's a gap between when you asked me a question, and it sounds like I'm I don't think.
Speaker 4: From the suburb of rich I'm worried about you. What is going on with you this morning?
Speaker 6: I don't think it's okay, okay, okay. I did want to say this, but I had last night badly timing, bad bad timing because we have to get ready for the induction today.
Speaker 3: I had what do you say?
Speaker 6: I had the runs last night at two am.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say the word.
Speaker 6: I don't want to say the word, but it's you know the technical term for it. It's Patty yesterday saying about her dog's anal glans and I don't want.
Speaker 4: To Okay, just go an angle glands. Oh gee, thank you so much, mister Coden practices. She's got the squits.
Speaker 6: I'm on the toilet last night at two a m again this morning when I woke up at five.
Speaker 5: Patsy's right, it's nice.
Speaker 3: I think it's I guess it's something I hate.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, you worked up. It's not. Your body's gone old stuff like I've never known.
Speaker 3: It's not that.
Speaker 5: Literally, get out of it, fog map. Do you know what young Jack post?
Speaker 4: Leaving your body to make way for the new adult one who needs to show up today at three o'clock you're literally crapping out old young Jack Posts, flushing away. He's not needed anymore. We've been waiting for the man to show up. He's needed from three o'clock today. You've got a few more cells to poop out before three o'clock.
Speaker 6: Jackie boys, I've had my baby.
Speaker 5: You think Jack's baby? Yes? Push him out?
Speaker 2: Push the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: How are you actually aside from what we just talked about, how are you feeling today?
Speaker 5: Do you feel.
Speaker 4: Relieved knowing that it's it's going to start? It's about to start one.
Speaker 6: I mean we we've sort of tried to convince ourselves this week it doesn't matter when he comes. If he wants to stay in there, we'll just chill out until he's ready to come out, but now he's got nowhere to run. We're getting in there, whether he likes it or not. And I couldn't be happier, Honestly, I couldn't be happier.
Speaker 4: And Bianki must be feeling the same way, because by by now it's like you would have been the same.
Speaker 5: Pantsy, You're just you're just tired. You can't get comfortable.
Speaker 1: It's just all time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's absolutely groundhog day for her.
Speaker 6: I just I really do feel for it because day after day, you know, she hasn't been at work now for months, just waiting for it to happen. Her days all look the same. We're trying not to go out because we're trying not to get COVID before the baby.
Speaker 4: Just apart from that sort of three hour movie at the cinema Friday, you've done a really good job.
Speaker 6: We went we went to the first screening of Batman, an eleven aur movie.
Speaker 5: Anybody in place, all the stuff like that. On a Friday, The.
Speaker 4: Quietest day of the week is at the cinema fri Day. It's in the second day it opened the movie of the year.
Speaker 5: No one will be in here. Wait, why are they all here too crowded.
Speaker 4: So yeah, apart from that that you've been in your best to stay safe away from COVID, that's right.
Speaker 6: And now it's like, in the next twenty four to forty eight hours, he'll be here.
Speaker 3: I can't. It's seals bizarre, ye now yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I still found even in the when I first met Ruby, you know, was my first daughter. When it all happened and I finally got to meet her and hold her, I couldn't believe. You kind of know that there's a baby in there, but until you actually hold your own child, you can't actually you can't actually process it. It was likely there really was a child growing in there.
Speaker 5: Wow, I thought you were just lazy. Okay, I felt sorry. I owe you an apology that you really weren't pregnant.
Speaker 6: It's funny that you say that, but that's honestly how I feel. I can't, no matter how much mental preparation I try to give myself that there's a baby about to arrive and things will be different in the house, I just can't. And I still talk about next week as if it's just going to be Banker and I and I was like, oh yeah, the footy's back next week. We should go to the footy on the weekend. She's like, well, remember we're gonna have.
Speaker 5: A child mind in your strategy.
Speaker 4: That's part of the best place to hide from COVID At the MCG Wednesday night, here is going to be.
Speaker 5: Dead there, like that Batman movie as well.
Speaker 4: I tell you what I wish I could do all over again is that first moment when you meet your son and he gets handed to you, Jackie boy. Because you can't really prepare for it. I can't tell you what it's going to be like. Patsy can't tell you what it's going to be like. You can only experience it yourself, and it will blow you wide open. You didn't think it was possible to experience such love. You've already felt love like that obviously, meeting your wife and falling in love and getting married. But when you meet your childler first time, I honestly wish I could go back and re experience it again in a moment.
Speaker 5: It is incredible. You must have felt that.
Speaker 4: It was a It was like a sort of tidal wave of it was actually I could almost it was like a I was trying to catch my breath. It was like I felt like I was sobbing, like she was sobbing. Where you're just trying to understand all this love that you never felt.
Speaker 3: Very overwhelming.
Speaker 7: And I've got tingles on my skin thinking when Audrey was born and it's you know what it's like. It's like your heart walking outside of your body. It's like an ex dan And it must be hard for you as men, because for us women we get to feel I know, you feel the baby kick, but it's inside us, it's like part of us. So it must be really hard for you. So I can imagine when they're here, it must be really overwhelming.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, I mean we are bystanders even during the labies. You're gonna find out on the next scuple of hours, Jackie boy, you are at times quite a sort of you're concerned bystander because everything's going on so quickly and noisily. Then it's very very quiet. You just presumed, so this is this normal? Is this all okay? And the silly people can come rushing in and rushing out. But yeah, I honestly chat, I wish I could re experience it again. You're gonna I can't wait to speak to you the other side where you're a bit to go. Oh my god, I know what you were talking about. It is an incredible moment. I really still imagine it now actually just thinking about it.
Speaker 5: So is Patsy.
Speaker 6: I can't wait for it. And hopefully the Diary of passes and I'm not on the tail.
Speaker 4: The last thing you want is we're just would like to hand his son to the If you.
Speaker 5: Go out that horrible stuff, you know when you.
Speaker 4: Stand up and you've done your pants and you think it's done, and it starts again.
Speaker 5: I mean, how in a minute can someone cut the cords.
Speaker 1: Christian Coal Show podcast.
Speaker 5: This week there we'll be trying to do the alphabet A through to one. You know it ends.
Speaker 4: Spoiler alert said A through two radio for the heart of intelligence. That's this show. As said of your old band names, Jackie Boy, what have you got so far?
Speaker 5: Then there's only five letters outstanding.
Speaker 3: So far.
Speaker 6: We've got A for avalanche, B for bone lazy, C for crude molasses, D for Dutch oven, loven e for excessive flutulence, F for fried beg.
Speaker 5: You bunny, all the diarrhea is coming out of his mouth.
Speaker 6: For Fried Rice's band G for gremlin, H for hoof hearted, I for igneous biscuit, J for jagged Edge, King for king, K for king puppy in the carnival s.
Speaker 3: I do have some throat. Oh, I have a drink, having a little water. Keep the music going, Christian, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, yeah, don't worry. Actually, his body is reacting very strong. Tose that is finally coming today, gradually breaking down.
Speaker 5: You'll be in another war.
Speaker 4: Your wife does it alone later on this afternoon.
Speaker 3: Is everyone ready for the second half of the If you're good?
Speaker 8: Yeah, L for lip sync, M for mad Dog, Central, O for old Boys, noise, P for paranoid, Q for the q pad, R for rocking the Royals, S for show pony, T for twisted the fate, You for Uncle Festra and the mcaulay's, and Zen for zucker Baby.
Speaker 5: We have a painful labor, all right, So well, what are the letters that we need? Then?
Speaker 4: So well, we're looking for your old band names if they began with A N, A.
Speaker 5: V, A W, the phonetic alphabet.
Speaker 6: November, venunity, vampire, W fix, whale, yes for xylophone and why boy just silophone?
Speaker 5: What is going on behind the anchors?
Speaker 4: If this is how he's going to be I'm okay, it's okay, is right, it's fight. He's absolutely fine. Guys, this is a guy breaking down. Link by Lincoln the Radio. Nothing to see here, move along.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, we're getting into the A to Z of the nineties letter f We're looking up Ferbi's and I happened to mention that to me, Ferbi's were closely related to another creepy toy, cabbage Patch Kids.
Speaker 5: Got a great email here from Cassie. Christian.
Speaker 4: Listen to show yesterday talking about Cabbage Patch Kids. I loved mine. I was the first child in Victoria to receive one. I won a coloring competition judged out of forty five thousand entries by Myers. I received the first Cabbage Patch kid in the state. Were and also you voucher for three hundred dollars worth of toys.
Speaker 5: It's amazing.
Speaker 4: She's actually still got the letter. She attached it to the email from Maya all those years ago, saying your entry was selected from approximately forty five thousand entries. Now we know the game works, guys, we.
Speaker 5: Think that's forty five thousand.
Speaker 6: Also, do they go through them all or do they just pick one off the top of the parlor and go, yeah, this look, this is yeah coloring.
Speaker 4: Do you remember when to win something it was as basic as a coloring competition. Yes, that, I do believe coloring competition to win you know a lot of big prizes. But the forty five thousand entries. People always exaggerate how many people get involved with stuff. So I'm not saying it wasn't forty five thousand, but I'm saying it wasn't forty five thousand kids coloring in as well.
Speaker 6: Also, there's not a team of people at Maya going through each one and like, well, look at the blues they used to hear. Oh but the shading in this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've got the jeweler's eyeglass holding it up there. Oh look you see how closely Patrina has done inside the lines here. By the way, we're all just presuming it was coloring this picture of a cabbage patch kid, aren't we.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I wonder if she's still.
Speaker 5: Got the doll an email back. But I didn't even think to ask. But there you go. I'm not I'm not the journalist, you know.
Speaker 4: All right, let's play the One Second Winning because Jackie Boy won't be here, right, I know you two love playing the one second Winner each week with the eighties of the nineties normally on Friday.
Speaker 5: So it's the nineties.
Speaker 4: These are songs to do with the letter F the artist or the title for the last time for a while.
Speaker 5: Jackie Boy, are you ready? Let's go, Patsy take him down? Who is that boy?
Speaker 3: Slim god of praise you like I should praise, praise you.
Speaker 5: Just praise you like brackets I should.
Speaker 4: From nineteen ninety eight, Praise you, bat Boy, Slam is strong dark Jackie Boy, keep it up?
Speaker 5: Who is?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, I know what that is. I do know what that is?
Speaker 5: Co let me know them.
Speaker 3: Um one more time?
Speaker 7: Please, no idea.
Speaker 3: It's are they called fuel?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 3: And it's something to do with champagne.
Speaker 5: No, but yes, shimmer fuel, shimmer, shimmer.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll give that to you. Champagne Shimmers are reckon in the glass? Patty you playing today?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I am, okay, let's got me all right? What's this from the nineties to deal with a letter F the song title? The artists?
Speaker 6: Oh, that's actually making it harder anywhere.
Speaker 4: Actually, midway through that I actually forgot the soul. I think I started to do Born to Run.
Speaker 7: On our playlist, but I can't think of the name of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Fridays on my Mind, the Fridays on my Mind.
Speaker 5: Friday.
Speaker 3: Friday.
Speaker 5: It doesn't even sound like a Cures song by Rob Smith. Fridays on my Bone.
Speaker 11: I don't care.
Speaker 5: Tuesday Wednesday Heart.
Speaker 7: That sounds so much older than the nineties summer.
Speaker 4: I thought it was the eighties. The double convinced it is the eighties. I reckon that's reissued. Mhmm, you're right, it's not the diarrhea against it, but he's not. Now botty, what's.
Speaker 7: This from this moment? Mariah Twine? No Shania Twain.
Speaker 5: Wedding song? They were just giving birth to two singers swayin. I love Mariah. It's like a shop.
Speaker 4: But yes, from this moment, should I to o one on Patsy yet?
Speaker 5: Big song for you?
Speaker 7: Patsy wedding songs?
Speaker 5: What the first dogs? Yep?
Speaker 7: Yep, yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 5: Could you sound any more like a bride sailer? Yep? I'll buy anyone, anyone.
Speaker 4: I don't like this song, Rip your eyeballs out and eat them on the dance floor, then stomping it was.
Speaker 5: It just that awkward slow dance?
Speaker 7: It was and everyone looks like you It's such a stream like cracking grope jokes the whole time.
Speaker 6: It's like, no, start cracking gropes because to the wedding night.
Speaker 5: Can't who can't you know this move?
Speaker 7: Save it for the motel? Just a couple more hours. I know we haven't had it yet, but oh I got Friday.
Speaker 5: On my minds. Guys, all right, one last one? Oh huh yeah exactly?
Speaker 4: That actually a pointless clips not going to get this, Come on, all right, it was more we used the gift I have for humming a song.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, finally, yes, yes, yes, I'll humm it. You say it. That's a new feature starting next week. Team run it down. Don't worry about the show running away. By the way, Jackie boye, I'm gonna be reduced to humming songs for rises.
Speaker 3: You're an aggressive hummer.
Speaker 5: What the scores there?
Speaker 4: I gave up going bothering jack one, Jackie boy you finally won one.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Footy is coming back six days to go. We're super excited. We got some big prizes for you. Before we get into what you can win on for took and what you're already doing, I should to say a huge I think it was an amazing thing that AFL three sixty did this week when Robbo Mark Robinson came back to work after last year having a really really huge sudden heart attack, the way that him and Weiry covered it and talked about it openly and honestly, especially when the light of what's happened to Shane warn this week was I thought it was a really beautiful, compassionate, grown up piece of humane broadcasting.
Speaker 5: You saw it as well, didn't you, Jackie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it's well worth going back to it anyone who's got Foxtel. I watched it on KO. You can still see all the episodes there. It was Tuesday Nights episode And you just don't get stuff like that on TV because TV is such a tightly scripted and scheduled beast. You don't get these like real conversations. Sounded like two guys the pub honestly having a deep conversation about what was obviously a scary time in his life where he was close to death.
Speaker 4: I won't ruin it for you if you go back and watch it. But there's a beautiful story which I didn't think they didn't look like they were going to talk about because I could just see the looking his eyes when Robert went, have we got time?
Speaker 5: And he went, yeah, you know that's what Jackie does. What I got, I've just got.
Speaker 4: An idea, I just do it right now, and he go, yeah, oh god, where's he taking this now? But he told this amazing story about Mason Cox, who had actually been quite critical about, saying, is his career in footy over in this country? And what Mason Cox? Who would have known that and read it in the paper as well, where Robert has a column who actually did something really really sweet, a really touching gesture. Actually it says it says a lot about it actually about Mason Cox, who he is. But check it out. It's well worth watching that, all right. So let me tell you about footy.
Speaker 5: Ok. It's simple.
Speaker 4: All that passion you have about your team, whoever they are, whoever you barrack for, whatever's going to happen this year, put it into words. Put all that pain, all that joy, all that pain, all that frustration, done eyed ambition into words, into a song. You picked the song, you put your words about your team into it. This closes next Tuesday, and then next Wednesday, when round one begins, a kind of a redo of the Grand Final between the Doggies of the D's, we'd have our own Grand Final where we find out who is the winner of this year's forty OKI. The prizes, Jackie Boy, are huge, huge prize pack.
Speaker 6: If this is you, sixty five inch Samsung four K Smart TV, we'll sort your family out with an AFL membership for two adults two children and that includes up to forty matches at the mcgur Marvel Stadium this year and a thousand dollars cash.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go through some of the entries so far. This is one of our favorite ones at the moment you picked the song like this. Jimmy Bar's working class man. Steve Antonia Essendon fan. They did this.
Speaker 5: Watching hard to kick and fully a sheet. He's great, big fan. How to get busy. They will carry young share get ready in our big stories power moment. Oh, he's a Lessen darn Man knook irresistible. This is not a singing competition.
Speaker 11: Okay, too, nice fan, we keppled at the sites of boy of feedbas put in the hardyards.
Speaker 7: Only need twelve more wins and.
Speaker 5: Finals could be on the cards. I want to walk out in shape, just.
Speaker 4: Like Geary a game and obviously, look whoever you barrack for, we will play your songs. Okay, this guy is Since I saw the email, I just saw Cold Coast suns. It's like, oh wow, but there is someone here in Melbourne holding a candle for he did blister in the sun about his life down here as a Gold Coaster fan.
Speaker 12: Let me go cry.
Speaker 9: Like a fan of the side.
Speaker 13: Let me go.
Speaker 1: The Gold Coast. I know you've never won.
Speaker 5: A singing not a singing competition.
Speaker 4: Okay, yesterday we only played fifteen second of an entry by Aaron and he'd been told by the team Jackie boy in pants that he's going to be on the radio or of his mates tuned in to hear it. Just fifteen seconds they're going say it?
Speaker 5: Did they not like the rest to go off the body? Three minutes? That's what I must have hated.
Speaker 4: The rest of a minute only played now, so he sent me a terse email, Aaron, I'm very sorry we ran out of time and apparently it's very important that we could only have fifteen seconds of you.
Speaker 5: Aaron.
Speaker 4: I've readdressed a balance. Now Aaron is also Blues fan. He's gone for this from nineteen eighty five. This is an Aaron office.
Speaker 5: Okay, soon said the bloody and he's what's this his office? What is what boots? No, no, no no, this is Aaron ohmte and play with.
Speaker 14: As they know which member cares, and our attendance will be stronger.
Speaker 5: And care free. Maybe fifteen sixteen.
Speaker 14: Our friendI ships have shown us success. The stone that glass players must lend helping hand.
Speaker 5: It's just the practice one. What's the blue bloods?
Speaker 14: So are our children? Team are the ones who make a brighter day. So let's stop win.
Speaker 4: That is very very good, thank you. We're all better for that, all right, guys, So give you a choice. I've either got Gemma a Bulldogs fan. I've got Sue Kangaroos fan and Robert Gelong fan. I'm gonna pick one of these before we headle the news. Patsy, I'll let you pick.
Speaker 7: Ooh, Doggies from the West.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is Jemima actually Bulldogs fans. She's gone four pretenderitis this song, all right, take it away, Jemimah.
Speaker 15: We need Coddy Waveman sleep. The boys of the Red, White and Blue are e bady Are you ready? We're done with lasses here dumpleaded to the unbarevot.
Speaker 5: Where he this is good love This.
Speaker 15: Smithy goes in real fierce. I the mullet flan strong. It's never and never and same mold story.
Speaker 11: Want to please say we sailor not just another word?
Speaker 1: And those fops we are the boodouts.
Speaker 5: But I please say never sit, don't it?
Speaker 11: We say enough might be tailor not just another word. And those box we are the boardots. Want to please say we will never surrender.
Speaker 4: Wow, am brad abraid excellent work is coming. Email Your entries closes next Tuesday. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au footy okey, you're.
Speaker 9: Listening to the Christian o'carls Show podcast.
Speaker 4: We'll count it down the last two hours with our Jackie boy when he rejoins the show.
Speaker 5: Have you a man with a son? Most importantly, you'll be a dad. That is amazing, I mean.
Speaker 6: Real to think about, honestly, so exciting. In the next twenty four to forty eight hours, we'll have a little boy, and then next time I speak to you, yeah, I'll be fall on dad.
Speaker 5: And where where are you? Guys? With the name?
Speaker 3: We have ninety five percent locked it in? Can't tell you that now.
Speaker 5: On Monday you told me ninety percent?
Speaker 4: What do you got in it? Was it like word? Have you got another letter of it? Do you genuinely not know?
Speaker 5: Word hasn't unlocked the name for you yet?
Speaker 6: We know, But I do like the idea of leaving a little bit of room for inspiration. That if he comes out and then all of a sudden we look at him and say, hey, he looks like I don't know Jacob, Jacob, we can change it last minute, but otherwise we got the name locked in.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: Okay, So the bag is packed now because obviously you're leaving today. Your wife is being induced this afternoon at three o'clock. So what have you got in the in the bag for when it all starts to happen.
Speaker 6: This I have put together the ultimate snack backpack. So the suitcase we've got of all the clothes and different bits and pieces we need is there. But then I've got an old hiking.
Speaker 4: Back you don't mean like one where you go on holiday. Just been like an overnight bag, don't you nah?
Speaker 3: We gotta yeah, we put a suit case.
Speaker 5: Staying at the Crown. Do you know what the numbers of room service?
Speaker 6: Well, we got bianchores, clothes, my clothes, the little baby's clothes. This okay.
Speaker 5: I love the.
Speaker 4: Fact that you have a wardrobe change. I just need it for the Instagram photo, you know.
Speaker 6: Just the pride and joy is this hiking backpack from Katmandu that's got all the snacks in. Then, now this thing weighs a ton. Let me show you.
Speaker 5: It's one of those. I've got one of these.
Speaker 4: Way, he's got like eighty seven different pockets around the side, and those are carabineers or whatever they're called, those hooks, the d hooks.
Speaker 3: Okay, So peanut butter is the first thing, big jar.
Speaker 5: Are you taking a dogging with you?
Speaker 4: You're taking a load of old dry moisture reducing peanut butter.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm giving biancho Is plenty of options.
Speaker 4: So if she be one of them, no lady in labor has gone. If I only had some crunching peanut butter, I put my poor into.
Speaker 3: I've got the spoon boon for the peanut butter as.
Speaker 5: Well, leave it lighting the loaf for the backpack.
Speaker 6: I've got bananas. I've got who's the banana for? Well with there's one ah, one for me, one for.
Speaker 4: Them. That's going to get thrown at you, right, Who wants she's smelly old banana?
Speaker 5: They give next to nothing. Who's in labor? Going?
Speaker 4: I mushy banana to wash down that lovely dry old peanut butter.
Speaker 6: I've just had regular sized parade, super sized poarades. If she's really thirsty, almonds sour patch.
Speaker 4: Kids, it looks like you're sort of hosting it all birth tenth birthday, bit so tuned in right. They think you're turning into a child's entertainer. They went, this is an overnight.
Speaker 5: Bag for someone going in labor.
Speaker 6: This is a kids to win if they color the Christian show logo, there is raspberry drops.
Speaker 3: Dam Doritos.
Speaker 4: You sound like someone who was just fully baked at the moment to be this dropped into a seven eleven at two am?
Speaker 7: What doritos?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 7: Is it the cheesy ones cheese supreme?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Good? Yeah, but trupple is with that though? I love that flavor.
Speaker 4: Though, thoseos are great but they leave that muck on your hand, don't they. Yeah, she doesn't want to be wiping that all over the nice clean bed. The photos of them and people like, what's that orange pomper in there?
Speaker 5: Oh? Jack brought doritos. We just ran out of peanut butter in the background.
Speaker 3: The doritos were more for me than they were for the anchor.
Speaker 5: We've got that that bag, it's for jack Post.
Speaker 6: Then I've got the cliff bars for the slow release energy because it could be we could be in there for a while. And the big bag of killer pythons that's like.
Speaker 3: And that's it. And then I've just got the in the last thing. I got to the stag.
Speaker 4: There's one hundred bucks worth of food and slacks in them animals.
Speaker 5: That's Jackie Wye. I think you are. You're over, Baddy, You're ready.
Speaker 1: The Christian All Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Big News PASSI mentioned it yesterday and then it was confirmed yesterday evening by the premiere Dan Andrews Down. So Shane WARN's state funeral, which is going to be a huge moment for Australia and also the world. The world will be watching that. It's going to be unbelievable the mcg So the say Phats is going to be an evening one as well on the third years.
Speaker 7: It's going to be on the evening of the thirtieth. About one hundred thousand people will be able to get tickets. The Premier went on to Twitter last night to say that they'll reveal the details of where we can get those tickets really soon.
Speaker 4: No, we got to go. We have to be there at that. It'll be amazing. I think there'll be more people outside as well watching it on the big screens. So this week, like you guys, we're still trying to come to terms with a death that makes no sense. You know, I still can't believe that it's Paul, his family. I keep thinking about his kids, the beautiful statements they put out the other day, and then his mum and dad. No mom and dad should ever be burying their children, and I can't. Your heart just goes out to them this week, and obviously they're trying to do it in private as well, when we will want to talk about it and pay respect to what an extraordinary man Shane Warn was and all the lovely stories that you've shared with us this week as well. So there's one little thing that we're going to do tomorrow, and I just want to stress this really is a little thing, but it is the little thing sometimes that keep a memory alive is in the small little things that are so idiosyncratic and individual to what we do in a life. All the message we played on Monday show was from someone used to play against Shane, the unenviable task of going up against him, Michael Vaughan, former England cricket captain, and they were big rivals and then they became very very close friends. And actually Michael was round at Shane's with his family on Christmas Day and I gotten to leave a message for the show on Monday. In it, he had this to share about what it's like spending Christmas with the King.
Speaker 5: Shane warn and the.
Speaker 16: King to stick to his lasagna sandwiches with bread rolls plastered with butter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so what we're doing tomorrow then, for warning, I'm making an osanya tonight. I'm bringing it in tomorrow. The team of providing the white red rolls and butter. It's a very simple recipe. Lasagna in a white bread apparently had to be white bread with proper real salted butter and Lasania sandwich, Jackie Bar, send yours off to the hospital. Okay, I'll get any one. I'll stick yours in for you. Okay, one for the little fellow, just a little one for a small portion for the little lad and then a nice big double helping for the anchor as well.
Speaker 6: Okay, I actually think after a long labor, yes on your sandwich is just the kind of carbo loading you kneed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you want to refuel, don't you? So we're doing this. If you want to do this.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow, make the La Sanya tonight or just buy a cheap one and then at ten past eight tomorrow morning, stop, go to work early, pull over in your cars, go to school late, have a sandwich with us. Now, I am urging and inviting all the various gate great cafes of this city to join us as well.
Speaker 5: Do you want to put it on the menu this weekend? The Shane Witch again, very very simple recipe.
Speaker 16: This is all you need and the king to stick to his Lassana sandwiches with bread rolls plastered with butter.
Speaker 5: So cafes, do you want to put it on the menu this weekend?
Speaker 17: Nico is Hey, Christian, it's Leo here from Nico Sandwich Stily on Kerse Street in mitz Roy. Heard you guys talking about how warn he loved a lasagna sandwich and we would love to be serving some up on Friday if anyone wants to come by and buy one to celebrate the King. I know you're going to be making him in this studio and I think that's such.
Speaker 1: A sick idea.
Speaker 17: If you've got any advice for me, please feel free to give me a call. But I do know that it has to be on a whitebread roll with stacks of butter, and we're going to set up the wickets in the lame way. We're going to be throwing a few spins. We're going to be celebrating the man's life. What a king he was Christian. Great idea. Can't wait to do it. See you there.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Leo from Nico Sandwich Shop in Fitzroy.
Speaker 4: Also jumping on boards available this weekend are these outlets there, Shane Witch, Hugo's, Debli and Richmond, one.
Speaker 5: Of our locals. We love going to Hugo's.
Speaker 4: The only trouble is Hugo hasn't got an o them, but he said, don't worry about that I'll find one for the weekend.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Hugo's Deli, Allison's Corner Shop in Paran they're going to be selling the Shane Witch. Also Citizen Cafe Marambina you're doing as well, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: I've got another one in Monbina as well. Uh the pantry there they're doing it as well. Now, if you are going to be doing this, you don't have to.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you that we support local, but if you do want to kick a couple of dollars that you're raised towards Shane's charity that you did a lot of work for, not all of which he made a big deal about my ram where support, we will match any donations you do put their way as well.
Speaker 5: It's a great charity.
Speaker 4: So if you do want to have it fun tomorrow, lasagna sandwich we need is a lasagna, a whitebread roll and some butter.
Speaker 5: If you are joining us, give us a call.
Speaker 1: Look Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Good morning to listener Matthew Flink listening to the show right now. Flinky got your email. You haven't attached the song? How many times you do that?
Speaker 5: Email? Move this time with attachment.
Speaker 4: Flinky, don't tease me saying you've got a great one and the winning one.
Speaker 5: There's nothing on here, all right.
Speaker 4: So yesterday we would chat to you guys and we got a call from this guy and they may me think maybe there's a phone in today about those playground scams that some kids at school used to get up to.
Speaker 12: I got moon Rocks band at my school. There are lollies that like explode in your.
Speaker 5: Mouth, Oh yeah.
Speaker 12: And I used to be able to get them for like five cents, cheaper than anyone else in the school. And they come in a little blue envelope, you know, with a Martian on the front. So I went to school and I had a bit of a syndicate gun because I've got married mate, and we'll sell those moon Rocks at school, you know. Anyway, it's a long story short of a dread and the office and moon Rock Top band and yeah.
Speaker 5: He sounds like I've been sampling some of his moon Rocks himself. Actually that cool.
Speaker 4: So didn't we want to know about your school scams, Patsy?
Speaker 5: Did anything happen in your school?
Speaker 7: Not with ours? But it did with the love God, he had a scam going on with his best mate Andy, and they were called it the Newman and Willett standover merchants. And you used to work by protecting all the sounds like their loan shark. They'd protect all the bullied kids at Wanger out of Tech in the eighties and.
Speaker 5: They'd lovely well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it was a bit like Robin Hood, wasn't it, And that you.
Speaker 4: Know, did you have to hire them, Yeah, you'd have to hire them of bodyguards.
Speaker 7: Their fee was a four and twenty at the tuck shop a pie.
Speaker 5: And they would go right, you know, the market. There were needs there.
Speaker 4: This is the global economy in the play.
Speaker 5: You're quite right, You're quite.
Speaker 7: Right, and they go around for kids who are getting bullied, you know, because.
Speaker 9: To me.
Speaker 5: A problem in Don. I always thought Chris is a bit but he's like a Don character, isn't he.
Speaker 7: Don Chris leone and then stand up to the bullyings and make it go, Make the problem go.
Speaker 5: Pie, Yes, the Pie Father.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show.
Speaker 4: Podcast coming up at a. Robbie Williams as our special guest this morning. He has some very exciting news. Hey Patsy, Yes see you remember an hour ago, still by the listener, the one Melbourne's first cabbage patch kid. You want me to email her back and ask her she still got it? H She's just email me back, Yes, she's still got it. That it's called Esther Bernice. Esther Bernice is the name of the freaking little doll. And they look even more freaky now it's aged an old cabbage patch doll. Oh, it's like it's sold. It sold to the devil to stay alive. It's just a novel. I'm working at the moment anyway. Okay, So playground scams, that's what we want to hear about this morning.
Speaker 5: Nine four one four one oh four three. Annabelle, good morning.
Speaker 18: Hi.
Speaker 19: So it wasn't me, it was my dad. But back in the day when he was in primary school, he'd have some like possums, and he picked up on the way to school and he'd sell them for like ten cents each or something. But he'd go home. The kid could go home and the parents would freak out and be like, no, you can't have a possum. He'd so they'd bring them all back to school. Dad would say no refunds, take them back and then just gow them to different kids.
Speaker 5: There was a market for possums at school.
Speaker 19: Yeah kind of school, just a little baby ones, you know, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah sure, but I didn't know there was a trade for baby possums.
Speaker 5: Very different time, obviously, Annabel.
Speaker 19: Yeah yeah, forty years ago probably.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, it's good to put a year on it.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, thank you very much, thank you. Uh go figure, Kerry, good morning. It's about it's how Patsy's way that Jack, isn't it?
Speaker 18: Good morning guys, how are you?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Good Kerry, welcome to the show playground scams.
Speaker 18: Okay, well it's not actually me and disclaimer, Please, any children listening, please don't follow this my son's behavior because I don't recommend it, I.
Speaker 4: Tell you or any Right, all these young people listening right now are all suddenly interested in what the lady on the radio has got to say.
Speaker 5: So Kerry, well done. You've drawn a real big crowd now that I work.
Speaker 18: With a secondary school. So it's not recommended. Okay, So my son happened to be he's got no fear. Still to this day he has no fear. And he actually attended a high school with his second story and a lot of football, tennis balls random balls used to go up there, you know, get kicked up on the roof. Sure, and you got to wait for the maintenance guy to come and remember that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sometimes used to find a brumal something you're trying and do it yourself.
Speaker 6: Second story, they only bring out the ladder maybe once a month, so by the time.
Speaker 5: It was a graveyard for all your old balls up there.
Speaker 18: Right, that's right, and that's it's so frustrating because the kids can see them anyway. So my son, being a member of NIKA at the time, he used to do a circus arts and he can do backflips and he's got no fear of heights.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 18: Scale, he would scale the second story.
Speaker 5: This is in the seven or Spider Man.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, yeah, my son would climb anything that was vertical gifts. So he would scale the second story building and retrieve and he said, ball and charge the senior kids.
Speaker 5: You've got a scale like that. That is amazing. You're the king of that. You're the king of the playground.
Speaker 18: And yes, I his name is king. Yes, King, what a great name.
Speaker 9: King?
Speaker 4: Yes, something that is You're going to become a you were going to You're going to live up to that name.
Speaker 5: If you've got the surname, all the full name King, and so what would you do?
Speaker 4: You go up on the roof, get the ball that he's been highed to get, and then what do a sort of triple full pike and all the judges will go, no, you just did that footing At the end they stumble forward because my.
Speaker 18: Son had been doing this for a few weeks and raking in the money from the senior school kids. And you know, I was all wood and the word got around.
Speaker 4: Isn't he that he's performing out there every lunchtime doing tricks exactly?
Speaker 18: So he was, you know, raking in. I was totally unaware of this. I work at a stall myself, a different one. But anyway, then one day I got a phone call from the middle junior school claud name of saying, I'm so sorry, Carrie, but Stephen was caught doing a duck flip off the second story.
Speaker 4: What a great call to get about your son. You're going to he didn't stack the landing, did told?
Speaker 18: And she was all very serious and said, you know, I'm sorry that he's gonna have to get a Saturday's attention. And I'm going, oh my god, you're idiot, Like seriously, like, what were you thinking? Because of course a gathering head appear because we'd got around and.
Speaker 5: Got the idea.
Speaker 18: So Stephen had to turn up Saturday.
Speaker 5: King his dad long lived the King. Yeah, I love that. That is a great one, Kerry, Thank you very much.
Speaker 18: You cool, no problem, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Have good day, John, Good morning, Johnny boy, I'm good and you.
Speaker 5: Having a good week? John? So playground scams, what's your story for us?
Speaker 20: Yes, when I was younger and catch the feed from a bit on neighbors when I was in high school, and what would happen at the end of the week.
Speaker 4: What now I could understand with fixing a horse race, you know, watching that and then playing it back to Gullable, you know, school kids. But neighbors to one, missus mangle is going to kick off right five to one guys, five to one, No, and there's no one I'll take that. I'd say, they'll put a multi on that.
Speaker 13: A friend.
Speaker 20: A friend would have a satellite upfeed when they used to send neighbors to be edited, so they'd send a whole week's worth of neighbors up to Sydney to edit, then back to Melbourne. So I used to we used to watch download and watch the feed on a Sunday night, and then I did what would happen at the end of the week.
Speaker 5: This is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: You make it sound like entire scenes were just going through the air whil you know everyone else.
Speaker 6: Of all the things your friend could hack into, he chose a target neighbors.
Speaker 20: We come across it by accident one night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, goodness knows what you're flicking around looking for Sunday night. But let's leave that for another phone in. How did you get rumbled? How do you get caught?
Speaker 20: They changed the way that the feed was from Sydney to Melbourne children. We lost we lost the feed.
Speaker 4: Oh that is great one, John, Thank you very much, your story mate.
Speaker 5: Have a good day.
Speaker 13: Thanks.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're about to speak to Robbie Williams, now eighty million albums sold around the world, five number one Australian albums and if you've ever seen Robbie Williams live, you'll know it's like he's channeling Freddie Mercury. He is an amazing showman and I'm really excited because he's got some great news for you guys.
Speaker 5: Hello, Robbie Williams. How are you.
Speaker 13: I'm really good, Thank you very much. How are you doing?
Speaker 5: I'm good? And where in the world right now are you, Robbie.
Speaker 13: I'm in La La Land in the hill. It's the Beverlyshire and I know two one oh.
Speaker 5: Look at you. You've done very well for yourself.
Speaker 13: I'm right, pash me, Robbie.
Speaker 5: Great news.
Speaker 4: You're coming to Melbourne very soon in April doing rod Laver Arena, and also your movie, your biopic Better Man, is being made right here as well. First of all, tell me about the biopic.
Speaker 21: Well, the biopic for a narcissist like me is wonderful news because it's solely about me and my life, and it's all of the good bits, all of the bad bits. There's bits of fantasy in there. I obviously disclose too much about what I've been up to that people don't know. I'd never really thought about it before, or dared to even suggest really that one should be made.
Speaker 5: Come on with a career like yours.
Speaker 4: She must have sometimes thought, Oh God, who should play me in the movie? You know in ten years from now? Am I played by Kevin Costner. I know you're a fan of Yellowstone.
Speaker 13: I adore that show.
Speaker 4: Why is that show so important for men? It's like Catnet for men. My wife doesn't really care for it.
Speaker 5: I have to watch it alone. Do you watch it with your wife or do you watch it alone?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 13: I do watch it with my wife.
Speaker 21: She covers her eyes when there's like violence, and I have to collor what's going on. I think that it's sort of aspirational for the rugged masculinity that would hope to exist in our very poors somewhere, so much so that like, I went to the County General Store the other day and bought a whole outfits so I could look like, rip, what did you buy? I bought, you know, the black cowboy boots, a black cowboy hat, a black shirt.
Speaker 13: Because I said to the.
Speaker 21: Wife, so, babe, where do I exist on, like, not two hundred percent on the rugged masculinity scale? And she said thirty eight percent? And I can and I agree with her.
Speaker 5: That feels fair.
Speaker 13: But I also feel.
Speaker 21: As though there is something within me that would like to be more ruggedly masculine, and I feel as though that's what Yallowstone does to guys.
Speaker 5: You're right, actually, I think it does.
Speaker 4: It does it awakens a part of us which is quite dorminant. Around the thirty eight percent, I think I'd score myself probably a wee bit lower than that.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 4: Also, when you talk about the outfit, you've got this the gloves as well. They have those really beautiful leather looking gloves that are well worn. You can tell they've had them for years, rain and shine. It's the proper gloves that someone who works the land would wear.
Speaker 21: The only use I would get out of them is to sort of like make my emails not make sense, you know. And here we are, like a pair of metrosexuals, disgusting fashion in a show that's meant to be about rugged masculinity, and therefore is the CrOx of why we're not them.
Speaker 4: I think you should wear your new outfit all right when you come on stage at rod Labor.
Speaker 21: Well, regarding that the actual dress for the evening is your best nineties regalia because we are filming it for the film. Oh wow, So this bit in the film is set in the nineties. So you know, I'm looking enough for people to buy tickets, and you can wear whatever you want, but if you could do turn up in your best nineties gear.
Speaker 4: I'm going to frost my tips as I had frostered tips back in the nineties, like many young men, I'll go fall nineties and come along to that. And do you still enjoy doing it live? Do you still enjoy getting on a stage, because obviously your life's changed now you've got a family and enjoy that sort of part of your life. Is it still quite hard to get on the road and get away from them.
Speaker 13: I like providing for my family.
Speaker 21: I also completely adore the pockets and the moments on stage that transcend. This is lofty, but this spiritual plane, something happens where you're taken somewhere else and those moments are inconceivable and unfathomable, and I live for that.
Speaker 4: You're right, And when we're watching something live, there's this amazing communion. There is something really spiritual. I think that's why live is still a really unique experience.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 21: I think it's you know, it's tribalistic. It's almost you know, the best bits of religion where you come together and you transcend something because of a shared experience and being in charge of that much energy. It has to be met head on and it has to be treated with the respect that it deserves.
Speaker 4: I love that how you really care about what we get from it as well as what you get from it, what you need for, what you live for as well.
Speaker 9: You're listening to the Christian Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 4: With our big guest this morning. It is the want to know Robbie Williams. Now, Robbie, you're doing a massive show Saturday night. You're on Saturday Night on April the thirtieth at rod Laver.
Speaker 5: Which has been an amazing night.
Speaker 4: Now, when it comes to performing for a crowd like us on a Saturday night, it's got to be a huge responsibility.
Speaker 5: You're our night out.
Speaker 4: People have paid for babysitters, parking, and there is that thing. Well, come on, then entertain this. You're a night out, it's Saturday night, bring it.
Speaker 5: Do your job.
Speaker 21: Yeah, And I do take that responsibility really seriously. Also, I think that when people think about shows, they see a snapshot and they see a snapshot of that person performing in that moment to them or to this you know, imagined crowd. But then you then have to go do it the next night. And I love my job.
Speaker 13: I love my lot in life, but it's a lot. It is a lot.
Speaker 21: You know, there's I was speaking to somebody from a big band at the weekend and I was just saying, you know, he's a bit older than me, and he jumps about on stage and I'm like, how do you do? What's the thing that you like least about touring? And he's like exhaustion and I was like, yep, I feel you exhaustion. And I try to tackle every tour slightly different to overcome that.
Speaker 5: And what does that mean? Now?
Speaker 4: So will you not be able to play golf or anything like that while you're on tour, like the stuff that normally brings you joy.
Speaker 21: I just think that, you know, I'm an addict, and I tried to search for every loophole that exists, and I guess that I will carry on trying to figure out every single like that recently, like the food thing, so I'm like, okay, from now on, I am not having chocolate, I'm not having crisps, I'm not having cake.
Speaker 5: That's a lot to say no to, isn't it. Cake is life.
Speaker 13: I found a loophole.
Speaker 21: I arrived at a hotel in France and I was just like croissants, cake.
Speaker 13: And that was it.
Speaker 21: That was like seven croissants, and I was like, loople, what.
Speaker 5: An amazing relapse.
Speaker 4: You got suddenly heavy inter adiction of croissants and you're snuffling ten ago.
Speaker 21: Christian, this is our boor in my life is now. So if I do have cake the next day, I've got a hangover, like I've had five pisner that's.
Speaker 5: Great a cake over? And what is your default cake? What is your favorite cake? Oh?
Speaker 21: Okay, Well they are Olympians in la At making cakes like we don't have in the UK the same quality of cake that they do here, because I wasn't bothered about cakes until I came here. But there's this red velvet cake that they do and it might as well be crack velvet.
Speaker 4: Have you got a Dina, You've got a guy that sorts you out? Your first bump is on me.
Speaker 13: Do you know what they actually do?
Speaker 21: They've got a hole in the wall here just after a day of drive where you put money into a machine and it dispenses cupcakes.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like Willie Wonka still alive.
Speaker 4: If mister Wanker is still running that factory, he'd have made something like that for us.
Speaker 21: Listen, I'm being too effusive about the Cake. I can feel myself I'm.
Speaker 5: Doing this very triggering. I belaim I should not have lent into this cake chat so much. I'm really sorry. It's very responsible.
Speaker 13: As I I canceled.
Speaker 5: Cake is now trending. There be a press conference with some red velvet shortly.
Speaker 13: So do you do a show where you like to talk to politicians too?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No, because if you really want to know, I guess, like what you hope to do. I like to think that I have some understanding of what people want. Hopefully I give people what they want, what they're not getting somewhere else. So for me, I've got to be honest, like a big ten minute chat on Cake that is primetime for me.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Do you take phone calls and stuf like that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Because you've got that sort of vibe. You've got a sort of agony art.
Speaker 4: I think I'm more agony than the agony art or even maybe the art. But when you come to Melbourne, you should come in on the show. We can be an agony art together.
Speaker 13: I want to co host the show with.
Speaker 4: You, dumb come in, I'll tell you what then, right, because I know you're on the on the Saturday. Come in and do Friday Show. You don't need to do the three hours of the Breakfast Show because I don't want to wear you out. I respect you to look after yourself ahead of that. Do you mind if I give you one small piece of homework. I'd like you to pick a TV theme tune, right, maybe one of your favorite kids TV show the theme tune, and then when you co host a show me Robbie Williams, you will sing that for us.
Speaker 21: Well, actually, I've got the theme tune in my head and it's an instrumental.
Speaker 13: I could write a lyric.
Speaker 5: Do it? Do that new material from Robbie Williams.
Speaker 21: Deal, no cake, no cake, all TV theme, all brilliant.
Speaker 5: All right, look, I'll let you go.
Speaker 4: Really looking forward to seeing it, rod Laver. It's a joy talking to you, Robbie, and I'm glad you're still getting so much out of life. Robbie Williams, thank you very much, take care. Thanks for doing that, Robbie.
Speaker 1: Thanks the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: So get ready with your ninetiescere and we all go and see Robbie live at rod Laver. You'll play another new entry on our Footyokie as we get excited only six days ago. Round one back at the MCG where it belongs. On Wednesday night, we're doing Footy Okie. We're asking you to pick a song, any song you want, and write your own lyrics about your footy team, the one that you've been through everything with. Put it in a song, send it to us, the best one. And we keep saying, this is not a singing competition. We're going to give away these big prizes for passion, and those prizes Jackie.
Speaker 6: Boy one thousand dollars cash, a sixty five inch four K Smart TV, and the cream of the crop is we'll sort your family out with a silver AFL membership for two adults two children, access to forty matches the MCG and Marvel Stadium in the twenty twenty two season.
Speaker 4: Those are amazing prices. You can win all that next Wednesday on the show. This closes Tuesday, got a long weekend coming up. It's still wide open. We love the Beatles, don't.
Speaker 3: We, Jack love the Beatles.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Roberts a Cats fan out in ge long, rip John Len and rip George. You like the Beatles and you really love their music.
Speaker 4: Turn the show off now, the rest of us let's dive into this.
Speaker 3: This is what have you done, Robert.
Speaker 4: Roberts, show us what you've done. Empty your pockets, Robert, what have you got?
Speaker 5: Oh boy?
Speaker 10: Let's cats say, have their home basic kid up and Scotty is the leader of the team, so is the captain with a ton of skill and Tom Hawkins is the forward thrill. Oh bloody, oh blood The cats go on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, whoa halla, how we fight?
Speaker 12: Oh oh blaa da.
Speaker 10: It could be these that the premiership's well in sight.
Speaker 4: Bobby bye'm Bobby bye. The beetles, this is not a singing competition. Send them an you've got until Tuesday. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. It really doesn't worry about the standy voice of singing. We are loving doing these. They're really funny. Keep them up and thank you.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're into the dangers are in the last twenty minutes of our time with Jack Post and then when we say goodbye at nine o'clock when he rejoins the show, he will have a son going off to be induced. Not Jack, obviously, I think that's happening. That's something wrong with you. His wife is being induced today this afternoon. He's got a catman new backpacker for child sweets to start feeding his son.
Speaker 5: Son. I'm already feeding you with his lovely sour patches. I'll pre chew them.
Speaker 4: All right before we get into a time waster, so I can imagine that the atmosphere right now, because you're doing the show from home to keep you guys safe from COVID, you must be so excited.
Speaker 6: Oh, we're probably at the moment too giddy and giggly.
Speaker 5: We're going to burn.
Speaker 6: Ourselves out before we even get to the hospital this afternoon.
Speaker 4: Both all those sour patches you've packed as well, take it tough guy.
Speaker 6: I probably should We probably both should have a nap before we go this afternoon so that we regain energy because at the moment there's electricity in the house. We're just too excited about it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, basically, go and sleep that off, that excitement, hide from excitement in life with a nap.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't worry about it. It's not like I've ever known of someone giving labor just nodding off. It's so easy. Hi, I fell asleep.
Speaker 4: The kid was there, world cup Or wrapped up the bellow, don't worry shift find energy, so chune through our body, fairies. I don't even think he's joking about the speak today the moment we're down here in closing lines, put the blackout lines on.
Speaker 5: Getting that cot. This is interesting. This is interesting.
Speaker 3: Okay, No, you meant to go?
Speaker 5: Is it? Oh? Is it?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 10: Is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? A new jobbing advertised by the US government for a grizzly bear conflict manager.
Speaker 3: That is interesting.
Speaker 4: For a salary of eighty thousand US dollars. The applicant will be required to help settle territorial disputes between adult grizzly bears. Tasks include trapping, immobilization, conflict prevention, and relocation. So basically means it's not really a calming job, is it?
Speaker 5: Immobilization? Hey, fair look over there, it's a honey bang.
Speaker 4: Sleephold tap out bear, tap out chrissy. That is how I said these disputes. So the time waster is calm down a movie. Now, your wife, Bianko is actually giving you some of your time wasters.
Speaker 6: Yes, at any point when you're not enjoying mine, you can just ask for one of banks.
Speaker 4: Okay, before I even get to yours, could I just immediately ask for all of us based.
Speaker 5: On this week.
Speaker 3: She's only got two, so you're gonna have to hear Summer Mine.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, Calmer movies. The Wolf of Wall Street. What a full on movie that was.
Speaker 3: Huh, very stressed.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, the Kovood.
Speaker 4: Gold Star Wars Episode five, The Empire kicks back. He's just got his feet up on.
Speaker 22: Silver Pass Forest, Gum, all that running run forest, Forest, calm down, Forest, look at him over these forest Slumpo's had all those chocolates that were in that boss.
Speaker 3: He's gonna need enough as well.
Speaker 5: Gold. Thank you.
Speaker 4: You guys have heard of the Mexican independent movie Bring Me the Head of Alfred Garcia.
Speaker 7: Rights my favorite.
Speaker 4: I tried this out in real earlier. He said, they won't know what you're talking about. Well, bring me the Head. That's quite a lot, isn't it. Bring Me the Bed of Alfred Garcia Gold plus the Good, the Bad, and the snugly Silver. And one last one, Lake Placid. That was pretty pretty calm, actually was it's placid.
Speaker 5: About Lake Flacid. It's still floppy there that lake. It's not so flaccid, Silver Jack, calm down. A movie. What have you got Karma movie.
Speaker 6: When Harry pet Sally there there, God, it's creepy.
Speaker 4: Somebody a small bed on the floor on International Women's Week, very Dare you blame the anchor bronze.
Speaker 6: Edward Quiver hands it's okay, Edwards, yeah he is. But then somebody else at the back of that is going, it's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 5: Then tell me about that movie because he's Edward Quiver.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's like a title and then the tagline, no.
Speaker 5: We don't give.
Speaker 4: Get your son to do some these are to go to the anchors all.
Speaker 6: This is Bank's first ever entry into the time oister calm down a movie, gone girl to Spa.
Speaker 5: Because she's heavy break She's gone to the Spa. Girl going to the Spa. Gold, that's one of the best ones you've ever.
Speaker 6: Heard, right, I actually liked. I said they'll like that, and the other one hush hour.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's good. That's good. Gold got God blas.
Speaker 3: Okay, obviously got one more if you wanted or he run.
Speaker 4: Out of no, no, no, really went out of time. We'll find this, says, I'm just saying that to him.
Speaker 2: This is The Christian O'Connell Show podcast you.
Speaker 22: Ready to mark Jackie Boy, Yes, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Guy's always primed, all right, Calm and movie down.
Speaker 5: Sleeping Tiger, found the Dragon, Bronze. Oh sorry, Connie.
Speaker 4: Ah, Now Joe has got a good Edward sister hands the balance out Edward Massus's hands.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, this is.
Speaker 3: Good Born to rub Gold Plus.
Speaker 4: When Harry met Jackie at the pub that to leave verdie because Jackie was tired.
Speaker 5: Bron We see what you tried to do their gold.
Speaker 4: In Black Gold, Tickle Bill me killing Bill, Chickle fight Silver.
Speaker 5: Crouching Tiger. Oh we get a lot of these, are we today? Crouching Tiger, Snoozing dragon.
Speaker 4: Silver dude wears the spar just carrying on for that spa Jackie Boy, Big Mama's Yoga House.
Speaker 6: Bronze, Chitty Chitty Quiet please, Bronze Apocalypse.
Speaker 5: Whenever you're ready? Does it have to be now? Maybe five or ten minutes?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Silver Plus Yeah.
Speaker 4: Me myself and Irene. No, sorry, that's the movie. Clever me for decoding it.
Speaker 5: Do I win a prize? Could have the cookies?
Speaker 4: Me myself and Serene Gold Sorry, gels As ruined it for you.
Speaker 5: Sleeping in Seattle Gold.
Speaker 4: This might retract it. This is what he's written here on his text, word for word. Just guy, Rob sleeping in Seattle. Boom, that's your winner, Rot hate the arrogance.
Speaker 5: I wasn't keen on. It wasn't keen Sorry Rob.
Speaker 4: What about Michael Douglas instead of falling down, lying down?
Speaker 5: Gold? Not the same long winded setup we get from Jackie Boy?
Speaker 4: That's from a two person team, and that and many well done and one final one from Blair.
Speaker 5: Dude, can you help me find my car?
Speaker 4: What I don't even can't Let's just move on, let's actually take me Come on.
Speaker 3: All right, that's going to be the one I last here before.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, let me just let me just redo this, give me one more.
Speaker 4: What about Michael Douglas instead of folding down, lying down?
Speaker 3: Whoa go plus?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you get the ox rabbit voucher. Well, Jackie Boy, nobody hear we.
Speaker 4: Talk about tomorrow's show today, But tomorrow's show you don't need to worry about, because you have a big show coming up today this afternoon when your wife goes to be induceed and then some points you're gonna meet your son. And I meant when I said earlier take it all in, Take it all in, Jackie boy. It will all happen so quickly before your eyes. It is a wild ride. But when they hand you your baby, your son, your heart literally, you'll feel this tidal wave of love that you didn't know you could ever feel before. It will burst your heart wide open. The only thing I would say to you is feel it all. It's incredible. I'm jealous. I wish I could go through it again. You're gonna have a magical day. The Perry I wish. I wish most of all, I wish the anchor good luck today.
Speaker 5: No one's given mirth to the baby looking after you. The babies already here.
Speaker 4: The baby's there in the corner chewing on sour patches.
Speaker 5: He's got a catman new backpack. Guys with too mushy on bananas. So it's it's the nurses I feel sorry for. You know, they weren't hard in there. Go He has brought mushy.
Speaker 4: But it's the part, isn't it that guy? Have you seen him in there exactly?
Speaker 3: I didn't think of that. But I will bring some bananas for the midwife.
Speaker 4: Oh what a lovely tree, Ben, good luck is it made them a banana bread or some like short but not just some old banana super well.
Speaker 3: Obviously they can have the killer pythons as well.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, what a gentleman, Patsy. What device do you want to give him? Because the next time we speak to him, heybe Papa.
Speaker 7: You know what, Jack, I'm in the middle of texting you saying, when you walk out of the house today, look over your shoulder and say goodbye to your single life because what's about to happen is something so magical and so special. When you come back, you're going to be a family. It's a whole new chapter for you.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 7: I'm so rapped for you. Good luck today and like Christian says, take it all in, embrace it all. It's going to be magnificent.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Patsy.
Speaker 6: That did make it sound saying goodbye to my single life and.
Speaker 5: Say goodbye and then say hello to your wife.
Speaker 4: It's one of the quickest good bye a married man whatever say his life. Sorry, why to mourn my raucous And it always sounds nice, doesn't in the heartfelt message when she was off with you, just texting it to you instead of using the microphone to say yeah, what the other guy's said.
Speaker 5: You know it's not Christians baby Rio.
Speaker 4: Do you want to say goodbye to Jackie Boy? You sat in his chair? Do you want to say goodbye to Jackie Boy?
Speaker 3: See you, Jackie. We're going to miss your here mate from all the producers. Lots of love. I will keep your chair warm for you. Don't worry about that.
Speaker 5: And you know what that means in radio.
Speaker 4: And when we say goodbye to jack we are saying bye bye Jack bye.
Speaker 5: This is the finally. It crushes me to say goodbye to you crushes me. But hey, let's not be strangers. But I'll come on a podcast.
Speaker 4: This time we're talking about the Glorio.
Speaker 3: I pushed your name.
Speaker 4: The producers also want to say goodbye and good luck as well, Tom, producer, Tom, what do you want to say to Jackie Boy and Bank on this big day?
Speaker 3: Good luck Jack, We're all pulling for you.
Speaker 5: Man. He's furious. I'm two minutes late for the news. Two minutes late for the news, Caitlin.
Speaker 7: God, I already sent him a lovely text last night, just to say good luck.
Speaker 5: Like the top early, I'm just.
Speaker 7: A thoughtful person and I just wanted.
Speaker 4: To make sho't by, just say it now. We don't need to know about what happened last night. The listeners don't care for last night. We heard her from kiss. This is how they used to do it. You know, everything pre arranged the night before.
Speaker 5: Who elsed?
Speaker 4: We got out there, Perry, Perry, stop the bleeding, per Perry.
Speaker 5: Jack, you're going to do a great job. Bit.
Speaker 3: We think you're going to be a wonderful parent.
Speaker 6: We're really excited for you, and I hope the birth goes smooth and it's safe and your birth's very happy.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I'm Perry Sarah. Come and say good luck to Jack. He's never he's leaving the show. We're saying goodbye, and actually he's out the door.
Speaker 5: Hid what happens when you let.
Speaker 4: The amateurs anywhere in the microphone? I know it looks easy, guys, it's easy to edit me.
Speaker 5: Hello now comment now.
Speaker 7: Good luck Jack, you're gonna be in absolutely.
Speaker 4: Huggy, honey, come to the microphone, take you mine finish?
Speaker 5: Oh sorry, what's happening? Don't leave me with him? Believe them. It's a new sidekick, Jackie.
Speaker 4: Bye, good luck, good luck much enjoy Jackie bye bye.
Speaker 5: By Carl Broer.
Speaker 9: You're listening to the question you Know Carl's Show podcast