Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Milduren's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three live from Level two, twenty one to thirty one Goodwood Street. Writchman, this is the Chris Jan o'connon All Breakfast Show on Melvin's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Good morning. It's to Christian O'Connor reckforst Show Thursday morning, three minutes past six. I hope you well this morning. It is show number ninety two for us on today's show them we're rolling out are you you're smarter than Google? We need a question to test are you smarter than Google? This morning that we should do after eight today's I think I'm gonna not call it isolated Vocal anymore. There was got a drunken email from one of you about two weeks ago who referred to it as naked vocals. It's gonna be rebirthed rena and rebranded, as they say in the world, as naked vocals from this morning. But it is what was formerly isolated vocal. That's at eighty gotsmam. We've got a brilliant one as well.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised you opened in an email with the Jake heading naked vocals because it could have easily been a listener of the show sending in naked karaoke.
Speaker 3: Also on today's show, more of your reunited bands for one Last Tream and more chaster wins. Seven thirty VIP red Hot Summer Tour tickets. With our version of post code Bingo. Until the next half an hour, you can win tickets to come to Derby Day as well. I've come in this morning to my whole inbox, going through all your amazing emails and stories and late to the party. But the number one thing that's spilt over from yesterday the biggest ever at work time waster we've ever done. And you know, we try really hard sometimes to make it smart, the at work time waste. If you don't know how this works, it's a feature we do just after nine o'clock. Were the only breakfast show in this city that runs a till ten o'clock. One of the things we do off the nine because I know a lot of you are at work and you want us to shut up a bit and play a few more extra songs, but we do. Someone called the atwork time Waster. You don't need to call in, but it's something you can sneakily just sling me a text under the desk where you're pretending to It's a different one each day. Yesterday's was on the I think sums up how this works best. Yesterday was World Gibbon Day, and so we were asking you to put this the word gibbon in a movie. Over five. I added that this morning there were almost five hundred texts from hard working people in Melbourne with gibbon movies now coming this morning. There's tons more. The way this also works is we set it up, We say this is what we're doing, send us yours, We play a couple songs and then Jack marks them. There are a couple yesterday that got read out on air and for no reason, you just didn't mark them. You heard them and there was no mark. So I need you to re examine a couple of them. And I'm going to go through next some of the gibbon movies because there are so many brand new ones. Someone listening to ours who listen to the podcast in Ireland, a whole load that came into my personal phone as well, because a couple of weeks ago on the show, I gave up my phone number. So Gibbon Movies, Part two.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Also do you know what I'm most proud of in ninety one shows? I got an email from someone in Croydon here in Melbourne who said that they have started to use in conversation a phrase they'd never heard before. But they've heard me say it a couple of times in the last week or two. They've only been listening to the show for the last two weeks, squeaky bum time. I am very, very proud if I can bring in any kind of influence to the culture here. The phrase squeaky bum time has been taken on by just one of you. My work is already paying off here. I love the phrase squeaky bum time. I didn't realize that you don't really use it.
Speaker 4: Now and it means to be worried about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it came from I can't claim at the moment. There's the most successful EPR manager of all times, Sir Alex Ferguson right, a feared football manager, one of the most successful ones, one more trophies than any other manager in the epl's history. And it won't ever be repeated. But once he was talking about a game, and even a fearsome Scottish man like that. He said it was a big high stakes game, European Cup Final, and he described it as squeaky bum time. And it became this phrase for a high stake situation, it's squeaky bum time. All right. Then there's time then too, So many have spilled over from yesterday's at work time waste on World Gibbon Day. Who knew? Now you know yesterday not too late to pay respects to the great Gibbons, the great member of the monkey family, the eight Family, the Gibbon. And it was simply put Gibbon in a movie.
Speaker 4: Because of the time difference. All your old friends and family will be celebrating the Gibbons right.
Speaker 3: Now, I think actually in England if we look on the CNN and sky and as you can see, they're having street parties.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: So these are the ones you marked yesterday, and Jack always marks gold silver bonds. Let's go through the silvers. First of all, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Gibbon, The Curious Case of Benjamin Gibbon, Enter the Gibbon. They got silver plus weekend at Gibbons twelve anchry Gibbons. I thought that was a golden of a silver, a fist full of gibbons. Gibbon identity, any given Sunday were now in the gold runs. Any gibbon Sunday stands for gold star is gibbon. I thought that was one of my favorite ones, lethal Gibbon. That should be a movie unforgiven. Cloudy with a chance of Gibbons?
Speaker 4: Did that get a god in it?
Speaker 3: Yes, Cloudy with a chance of gibbons. Why do you want to remark it?
Speaker 4: I just think Cloudy with a chance of meatballs is getting over used at the moment.
Speaker 3: But yes, you so well with Cloudy with a Chance of gibbons. It's crazy rich gibbons. Girl with the gibbon tattoo Lockstock and another one because of the image of two cigars smoking gibbons lock Stock and two smoking gibbons. The Gibbon of Oz Dead Gibbon Society got the gold double plus again that's a that's a made a plus category by Jack. These are the ones I read out. For some reason, you just didn't even acknowledge Harry Potter and the Prisoner of As Gibbon. I didn't like that. No, that's a goal. That's a gold and given regards to broad Street after the musical, give my regards to broad Street, which is a high high culture reference. There you know, gibbon regards to broad Street.
Speaker 4: Yes, I didn't know the movie, so hard to get the reference silver.
Speaker 3: Silver, all right? What about these then? From our friend in Ireland? Canum? Here are three from him lord of the gibbon. Yeah, silver, I'm a gibbon. That's better gold gibbon in sixty seconds worse, the worse, not even a bronx runs. Okay. If you've got any that you want to chip forward then nah, you can text us in four seven five o three one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three all right, single biggest at my time, Wednster. We've done so far the history of the show in ninety one shows was yesterday morning simply asking his book gibbons into movies. There'd be a brand new one after. It's important work we do here every morning. You know, when my kids say how it's worked today, I go take out the phrase work. I don't think you can fassify what we do is work.
Speaker 4: You didn't ask me to repeat any of my own given movies that I suggested yesterday.
Speaker 3: Now we've got some ones coming in here. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Gibbon.
Speaker 4: No, no, there's something, but it's not.
Speaker 3: It's not Willy. It's not Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Gibbon. Is it Willy Gibbon? It's not?
Speaker 4: Is it Gibbie Wonka?
Speaker 3: So what does Norell get in Croydon Norse? She tried early in the morning. Maybe it's too early for them. Branz Slum gibbon millionaire, it's a it's a bron silver, silvery.
Speaker 4: Silver, silron silver.
Speaker 3: For some given millionaire. Invasion of the Gibbon Snatchers. What's the original film Invasion of the body Snatches?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it might be the six Am Clast, the Class of six.
Speaker 3: A m I'd have to come back to it because the brilliant text here haven't fixed the text machine. It's just crashed.
Speaker 4: A chance to go back through Mindlen give in Glenn Rath.
Speaker 3: Chus, what's the place of adverts?
Speaker 4: Honey?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show on Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 3: All right, So the technical problems have been mended. Sometimes radio station engineers aren't the quickest, but Lyle, who is now working on this show, super quick and wherever black mark with Lyle because did say could you replace my mouse? And he didn't want to do it until after the show. It is worried that actually could take us off air by replacing a simple mouse he.
Speaker 5: Was worried about fragile?
Speaker 3: Is this radio station run on elastic bands and tiny mice in wheels? Powering it? All? Right? Thank you very much? Then, for everyone who's had to go up Part two this morning of the atwork time West we did yesterday, which was a World International Gibbon Day. Put a gibbon in a movie? You're ready to mark? Ready, let's see how our early morning listeners aren't fair. The Gibbons of Madison County.
Speaker 4: What's the movie?
Speaker 3: The Bridges of Madison County?
Speaker 4: Silver?
Speaker 3: Uh, this is a Bond movie. Then the Man with the Golden Gibbon, The gibbon who loved me? Jason too? There sivil plus interview with a gibbon. I love that, Luke and Noosa, that's very good. I love that. That's great wed On, Luke and NUSA five easy Gibbons. What's the movie five easy Pieces? Early chat Nick was the movie bronze? Austin? Is that bronze because you have another movie? Yes, Austin Powers the Gibbon who shagged me? The Year of Gibbon Dangerously? Is that year of living dangerous? Monkey? Learn Monkey?
Speaker 4: Do I just guess? Film sivil plus.
Speaker 3: I love this A League of Extraordinary Gibbons, Simon and basil to that's very good. I love this one too, from you Andrea Gibbon in Wonderland, Silvah, come on it in Gold, I am Gibbon, I am legend yep Silver. Edward Gibbon hands.
Speaker 6: That's terrible, Edward gibbon hands and top gibbon golds. I think we peach with Edward Gibbon hands.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Every day this week. Give me a chance to go to the Amy Victoria Darby Day. We've got a pair of tickets and you get two hundred bucks spending money as well to sort your outfit out. Just gonna work out what the song is at the races? Classic rock song? What is it today? Racing?
Speaker 7: Oh jumps Well here it comes as missing that funny feeling straight to the front again, then whining me from up inside.
Speaker 5: They settle every time check for a run? We touch moves to the front.
Speaker 3: Here he goes with them, I don't know, and making a move.
Speaker 5: Tell me with one hundred ago where to begin?
Speaker 3: All right? What do you think the song is? Nine four one one o four to three. We'll take your guesses.
Speaker 1: Next the Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three every day.
Speaker 3: This week's sending you off to Victoria Amy darby day and you get two hundred dollars spending money. Just got to work out what the song is at the races this morning? Is this one.
Speaker 5: Racing? Oh jumps?
Speaker 3: Well, here it comes as missed it.
Speaker 7: That's funny, feeling straight to the front again, then.
Speaker 3: Whining me from up inside.
Speaker 7: They settle every time check for a run, Wheat's moves.
Speaker 3: To the front.
Speaker 4: Here he goes with them.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I know making a move?
Speaker 4: Tell me with one hundred ago where to begin?
Speaker 3: I'm producer, Brad does these right? Used to be a bookie.
Speaker 4: He's really getting into that one, isn't he?
Speaker 3: All right? Then let's go the lines. Brayden, good morning, good morning, good morning, welcome to the show mate. I hope you were this morning. What do you think? What do you think the song is? I think it's met by Hall and O many to buy a Haler notes. Great song from a great man. It's not the right answer, sorry, buddy. Thanks, have a good day, Johnny Boy.
Speaker 8: Hey, yeah, I am pretty good.
Speaker 3: John, Pretty good John. I hope you're traveling well, John. What do you think the song is? It's not. I'm sorry, mate, it's not the right answer. Tough luck day and you mate. Peter, good morning, all good morning money. Hey. Oh to Pixie Pete, all right, what do you reckon? It is? My friend?
Speaker 9: Uh one of those ways that came to be straight away? I reckon it's look what can't this be?
Speaker 2: Love?
Speaker 3: Wow? Oh I love this song. Great song, Peter, You got the right answer. You're some kind of genius there. Pixie Pete, well done. You win the tickets that game out, You're off to Amy Victoria the Darby Day and you get two hundred bucks spending money as well. We will see you there. Might have a great day. Enjoy the races, all right, mate, same chance tomorrow morning to win.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Get this, then someone in America guess what they want to remain anonymous. That's just one. I can't believe this. This is just too much money. How do you possibly know? We're not involved enough as human beings to an ow to cope with winning one point six million dollars someone in South Carolina has won on the Powerball Mega Mega Mega Mega lottery one point six not million billion.
Speaker 4: It's the kind of amount of money where if someone asks you for some you can't really say there's not enough to go around.
Speaker 3: And also, do you know it's even write down one point six billion during zero's that is, it takes you a while to work out what is even one point six billion just to write down? It's so much money, all right, So imagine this, then team imagine this. Then you got your one point six billion. You're obviously going to look after family and friends, all right, that's a given. But now you're allowed to make three You're allowed to do three things just for you self indulgent money no object, doesn't even matter if one of the things you want to do is going to cost you twenty million. That's just a drop in the ocean. That's the interest from one point six billion. All right, I've been doing a lot of thinking about this. I've got an A four of extensive notes. Okay, first thing I'm doing, Okay, first thing I'm going to do is I'm going to buy up the top five world's most expensive bottles of wine. That will cost me about two million dollars. I've seen the most expensive bottle of mirone in the world is French from nineteen forty seven, is about three hundred thousand dollars. Can you imagine? Do you think it even tastes like? I think more than one? That's fifty bucks.
Speaker 4: I be able to tast the difference between fifteen dollars fifty dollars and never had anything over that.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I'm going to just chuck a bottle of that, you know, while I'm having a barbie. I just casually stuck going that from a pint glass as well. Okay, it's my money. The other thing I do is I would hire Richard Branson's private island. You can hire it's it's a snip, guys. I don't know why some of us haven't done it before. It's sixty one thousand dollars per night.
Speaker 5: Jeez.
Speaker 3: For Branson's private island, Necker Island.
Speaker 4: I'm hirrying that include fly, so you're going to get yourself there.
Speaker 3: I bloody hope, so don't you when travel insurance, Sir Richard, come on, Sir Richard, stick in for that. So I don't think you can get it on Airbnb, whether there's like a mega rich people's version of Airbnb, but sixty thousand dollars a night again, it's nothing to me because I've got one point six billion. I'm hiring the island all right, and I'm bringing in people to cook for family and friends. Yep, Gordon ramsay, I would have hired Anthony Boordain, the legend's not around anymore. I'm also going to hire Marco Pierre White, one of Anthony Bordain's favorite chefs in the world, an amazing chef. I'm also going to hire a Spanish chef who is supposed to be the great chef in the world, Faran Adria. He is chef at the world's finest restaurant, apparently called the Elbouley, So I'm bringing him over as well. They're cooking for me twenty four to seven. If I wake up at three in the morning with munchies and I want a steak sandwich, all three of them have to rive at each other. I have three different steak sandwiches from them, all right. And I've got my top five bottles of wine as well. I'm happy on this island. I fancy some live music, Okay, I'm not going to fire up at radio station Spotify. I'm going to fly these people over because I got one point six billion. How much do you want Springsteen and come and sing for me. I don't don't worry about setlist. I'll tell you the songs I want. You're my private juke box. Springsteen's going to play live.
Speaker 4: And how much have you got left at the end of this tear?
Speaker 3: Well, he's not gonna be a billion busy. I'm flying him out that he can have himself to one of the world's most expensive bottles of one. I got five. The boss can have one, right, So Springsteen's going to sing live. I'm bringing out the Stones as well. They're playing for man Crank nine festival. I'm going to give powder Finger money to reunite as well, I'm going to hire Barnzy just to sing Elvis songs because I think, actually just do Elvis songs. I like this cold Chisel. No, here's another one hundred dollars. Do another Alpha.
Speaker 10: Song, dance Monkey, No.
Speaker 3: Sing Elvis. Then I'm going to go over to America. I'm going to train with some of the finest boxing coaches in UNI.
Speaker 4: If you wrote all this during that song song, I think.
Speaker 10: This has been a list in.
Speaker 3: The back of my mind. I'm going to go and chain in boxing with Freddie Roach. Then I'm going to go and train in with a some Prullo and Brendan six guns.
Speaker 4: This is after the steak sandwiches are before to.
Speaker 3: Work off the stakes sandwich? All right, Jack, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: Isn't it near as lubbish as that? Where my head went is to pay the frontier of science and scientists to use me as the person they test longevity life longevity pills on. So I want to live on.
Speaker 3: I think should maybe not the best person now.
Speaker 4: So you want to live forever, not forever, I want to obviously be able to turn it off or like say, I don't put a cap on it, but I would like to know that I've got like another one hundred years.
Speaker 3: You can never know, So it might happen today. You might actually get thrown down the stairs or something that looked like an accident.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll maybe right up, I'll maybe write up a list of things like if this happens to me, don't use the for this. Yeah, but if I'm going, well, if i'm me now and you can extend my thirties for another forty years, I'll be thirty for another forty years.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so maintain this?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 3: Can I just ask you an honest question? You think this is you at peak optimum performance? Perhaps this show is doumed I finally realized the problem with the show and the long term you think this is why not use some of the money to actually say to these scientists at the frontier, could you give me a bit more energy and like like Jason Morne, mental climates, like you just want to keep this chill? I got my tonics and mushrooms there, Patsy, what are you doing with the money? You're You're out of here, aren't you.
Speaker 12: This is really simple compared to what you two want. You know what, I really really.
Speaker 3: Want to destroy all the women that you said you didn't like at the actress to.
Speaker 10: Me, no, I didn't say that you did.
Speaker 5: I did not.
Speaker 3: I kept meeting on these people and sitting back down those next to Pats right, and I'd go, they seem me nice, and she always did sado MOUs, she went horrible, miserable.
Speaker 10: Cow, you're just faming me face bitch, you don't.
Speaker 3: Rather than just throwing all those No, what I.
Speaker 12: Really really want is a proper and this is very materialistic, but a proper designer handbag.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, No, seriously.
Speaker 12: Instead of going to Bali and getting chap ripoffs.
Speaker 3: But what kind of handbag?
Speaker 5: Get Gucci?
Speaker 3: I want a Gucci what made of Gucci himself?
Speaker 5: No human skin, That's all I want.
Speaker 4: Simple, simple, you have a little leftover?
Speaker 10: I reckon, Well, I help the family favor.
Speaker 3: Can you google during the sound break? What is the world's most expensive handbag? I found out that the world's number one wine is just Is three hundred and forte. Now, what is the world's most expensive handbag? What do we reckon it is? I reckon it's going to be some much like a million or two dollars.
Speaker 4: I just love the idea that somebody comes to you paths and like, oh, my child's really sick. They need this operation. Could I please, course I would help the sorry.
Speaker 3: Skin leopard skin. Touch it. It feels like the leopards alive.
Speaker 12: A dime in perse three point eight million bucks, right, is that what you're getting? Amaze one point nine for a burkin one point nine million.
Speaker 3: Think about where you live out, where are being getting that? Hanging out of that kmart you're always in every other day?
Speaker 4: Back like that, it's not good.
Speaker 1: Luke Patsy the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We're giving you a chance to open up four Barnze and one Last Dream. We're asking you to reunite, bring back your old bands might be thirty years old, twenty years ago for a second chance and an amazing gig opening up for Barnzy, the Angels loads more as well. One Electric Days can be sold out fifteen thousand people. You're going to be the first band on stage. You've got another eight days exactly, Jack, How many days is it until the performance at the end of November?
Speaker 4: Thirty one days, four hours, forty nine minutes. Squeak fourteen seconds squeaky squeaky moum time.
Speaker 3: But you can do this. Tell us about your bands at gold ONEO four to three dot com dot au so tomorrow night talking about live music. Take you my kids to go and see Taylor Swift. Now they are very, very excited, and they've already said several times, Dad, please do not do anything embarrassing. You know, they give me the right act a couple of times. I am so tempted right to actually turn up in a pair of askless chaps, a Fedora roller boots and a crop top that says number one tailor fan in bright pink to teach them a lesson, you know, however, so well.
Speaker 4: Dad teaching them exactly?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. Actually, maybe it's just an average Friday night for me chack my Friday night outfit. But this morning I want to know. Then some of you would have been to your first ever gigs or concerts and mum or dad would have taken you. So if you've got a story about your mum or dad taking you to see a concept might not be your first one lemon know nine four one one oh four three is either of you two get taken to see anyone by Mum or dad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dad took me to my first gig, but he did the sat sit in the car in the car park is a Elthham roller rink and the band was Area seven, which was a scar band made this about fifteen years ago, I suppose, And I remember I wore a Mambo T shirt a Mambo T shirt, and then I got in and saw that everyone was dressed up in very punk rock kind of classes. I like, oh no, I looked like a little surfy boy.
Speaker 12: And you had that long long locks as well, didn't you. Mine wasn't nearly as cool. Mom and dad took me nowhere other than slim Dusty Wenger at a town hall when I was five with Dunker.
Speaker 3: Yes, what's that for you? Or just your muma?
Speaker 6: Dad?
Speaker 5: What was for them?
Speaker 10: Of course?
Speaker 3: Not me? All right? So you were just like a date. They were dragging along.
Speaker 10: So we find a babysitter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's amazing. That was your first Gigah.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three took my.
Speaker 3: Out to mine arm and take my kids to go and see Tennis Swift live. Now, the people who own this radio station also own Kiss here in Melbourne and in Sydney, so they are powerful players doing radio stations all around this great country.
Speaker 4: But they'd be playing Taylor Swift every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they could not get me some tickets to see Taylor Swift. So okay, that's fair enough. I was happy to pay for them. And then you know our big producer, Brad, his lady wife works for a rival group. She's a lady that came up with the concept of R and B Friday, and she couldn't get tickets either. I had to go to my old boss who runs a rave rival radio station, Nova, and he's got me tickets. So we're all going to go and see Taylor Swift tomorrow night. So this morning, when talking about Whinters, he.
Speaker 4: Was actually dodgy looking deal as well. Saturday night, it.
Speaker 3: Was an envelope was exchanged in the middle of the dance floor and it's a bit like there was a because everything here that the three main radio groups. It's also tribal, and especially on a night like that, the radio warts and it was like East and West Berlin and it was like a runway down the middle and if you went over it like from Arn our group over to s c A Fox and Triple M people. Oh he's defecting. He's only been on air five. It was like a Cold War exchange or something, you know. So telling something about your mom and dad taking you to two gigs, Christian, My mom took me to my first gig. It was Eurythmics at the Melbourne Entertainment Center in nineteen eighty five. I was not a fan, it was it was her band, like Pats, I got dragged along for the ride. Ryan. Their first gig that he went to with his dad was Ramstein. Now jump on YouTube if you've never heard of Ramstein. Not even it's that heavy metal plus industrial noise. This will be Would this be a fair karaoke version of one of the songs? Yes, just really really really full on. So so his dad said he couldn't hear for the next eight days.
Speaker 4: And they had some fall on stuff on stage as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jason got dragged by his mum to see Michael Bolton. He wasn't a fan of Michael Wato and he said it was mainly middle aged women. The arena stank of estrogen and he was just sat there soaking up all that estrogen, viral.
Speaker 10: Osmosis and red Door papin.
Speaker 3: Laura's on the line.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Laura, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 7: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm very good, Laura. I hope you well this morning to welcome to the show. So was it mum or dad? It took you to a gig?
Speaker 13: It was my dad?
Speaker 3: And what did you go and see?
Speaker 13: He took me through the big day out in the Gold Coast?
Speaker 3: Oh cool?
Speaker 13: Well, was really cool. I was about fourteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and who was headdining? Who was on that year?
Speaker 13: Well, I strongly remember bought for my Valentine because I was a little emo kid. But it was also Neil Young. Neil Young was there as well, which is awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big day out it should be amazing. This is some great shows. And is your dad there the whole day?
Speaker 13: The whole day? It was just me and dad?
Speaker 3: Now, how did dad get on? Because Dad's and I speak as one myself sometimes we struggle over the day. You know, you've got to sit down somewhere. I'm understanding my dad. Sugar's getting low.
Speaker 13: Dad party is harder than I did. I wanted to sit down.
Speaker 3: See your old man was one getting on it all day and joined the festival.
Speaker 13: He's in the mosh pit double handing study. He had a great time.
Speaker 3: That's great, Laura, thank you very much. She cool, no problem, thank you, Costa. There you go, We're good, Costa. And was it daddy took you to a kid?
Speaker 13: Ah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, he actually took me to see Kiss.
Speaker 3: Oh? What, that's amazing your dad rocks.
Speaker 9: I was eight years old when he first took me.
Speaker 3: And what lineup of Kiss would that have been? Then?
Speaker 9: That was in two thousand and two. So they came back to Melbourne with a Kiss Symphony back when Telstradome.
Speaker 3: Was around right? And was were they good?
Speaker 9: Oh? I was so small that the T shirt was going past my knees.
Speaker 3: It's that one of those over shirts she wears a band.
Speaker 9: I had a full place with makeup as well, so I wasn't ready.
Speaker 4: Is that really something you asked for? Is that something dad gave you?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 9: I know I wanted it. I definitely wanted that. I be they're really young.
Speaker 3: Do you know what? Right? I've been to see Kiss t live twice. It's not just them on stage, just the the atmosphere from everyone there knowing every single word. It's an amazing atmosphere going to see Kiss live it is.
Speaker 11: I've seen them, I think every time they've come here, since they've come here, do.
Speaker 3: You know what I hope they have fake that what they should have is because Gene Simmons has worked to any way of making extra money out of that franchise. But I'm sure they've got like official kiss face painters, you know that, not normal face painters that you get kids parties with. It's butterflies. It's just to get the kiss look as well. All right, Costa, Thanks you kill buddy.
Speaker 9: Thanks all right?
Speaker 3: Then give us a call nine one o four three if your mom and dad took you to see a gig.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I got another call then about going to see concerts with mom and dad taking you. I'm taking the Kiss to see Taylor Swift tomorrow night. Nathan morning, Good morning eight and welcome to the show. Who is it, mum or dad that took you to this show?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 9: My dad, so to say, they say when I.
Speaker 3: Was eleven, very very very cool, very loud, very cool. How was it? What the old man make of it?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 9: It was awesome. Well there was me born actually was just sat in the state Bob and his head and I was standing up rocking out like you like you do as a kid. Like now one was luking.
Speaker 3: That's prettiant, Nathan, that's it not for cool?
Speaker 11: Thank you all right mate.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We're doing ten weeks of tickets. Every morning at seven thirty on this breakfast show, we give you tickets to the best shows in town. Red Hot Summer Tour VIP tickets every single day this week with a sold out first show Red Hot Summer Tour performing a second final show morning some racecourse Sunday, the twentieth January. Tickets on sound now through ticket Master. These are the IP tickets. All you need is one of these.
Speaker 5: Gold one day four playing games Christine O'Connell's code.
Speaker 3: Let's fuck gay me? All right? How this works? Them? Postco Bingo played for cash all day long on this radio station. Hoge you reading out Postco numbers at ten o'clocks morning, then it happens at one, two and four. But our version is who you wed Hot Summer Tour tickets and Jack will pull out two numbers of the mini postcode. Give us cool. Then you will face three questions. You need to answer these correctly to prove you really are where you say you are from.
Speaker 4: Now, I am still not really used to this ball mechanism, the one that you would see at a bingo hall. Do I go clockwise or anti clockwise to get it? Because you said I was doing it wrong yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what you need is that you need to do it the right way so that it ultimately scoops the ball out to make it easy for you to read the number out right.
Speaker 4: You're right on my right.
Speaker 5: Pull ball number one.
Speaker 4: This rule one number one.
Speaker 5: So pool ball number two.
Speaker 3: You're now two balls behind. And that's not the last time someone said that to Jack.
Speaker 5: Pool ball number one.
Speaker 3: What have you got, oh?
Speaker 5: Pool ball number two?
Speaker 3: Number three? You're really late?
Speaker 5: All the last ball? Pull first number.
Speaker 4: If the number four appears in your postcode.
Speaker 3: Do you have the number four?
Speaker 5: Cool ball number two? Pull ball number one.
Speaker 3: He's done it.
Speaker 5: Pull ball number two.
Speaker 3: But that was it's falling out. What are you doing? Man?
Speaker 4: A four or a zero?
Speaker 3: What a zero or a four? Yeah? Oh sorry, I thought he was on the same ball. Producer written four zero.
Speaker 4: The two numbers of four and zero. If those numbers are in your postcode?
Speaker 3: Cool now all right, nine four one four, one oh four three.
Speaker 1: We're playing next the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Christians post code.
Speaker 3: Let's the game, all right, So jack ball the numbers the balls this morning they came out. What did the machine give us? Shout this morning? We got the number four and the number zero. Okay, so we are off to Nicole is on air. I now, good morning, Nicole.
Speaker 14: Good morning.
Speaker 13: Hell are you guys?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're really good. Now Nicole, where do you claim to live?
Speaker 5: All right, well we're now going to test you.
Speaker 4: So, Nicole, I've been doing a tour on Google Maps of Avondale Heights.
Speaker 8: And apparently you said boring.
Speaker 3: He did. He was going. He was yelling at the produced to pick another suburb that's more interesting.
Speaker 4: Not like going on over in Avondale Heights.
Speaker 3: Come on, they got a Jacks Chuck old Chicken. There's a macas down reading reviews right now.
Speaker 4: Let me give you an example. So on the Google street View, they've obviously done in December because it's Christmas time. You know how streets will sometimes put on their telegraph pole some ornaments. Yeah, they've got one star on the whole of the main road. That's it. No, just one lonely star.
Speaker 3: Oh that's sad, Nicole. How long have you lived there? I have been here for that ten years? All right?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, Nicole. Question one to prove that you live in Avondale Heights. Do you know the Bow and Pot Cafe?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 14: Yes, that's new corner.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, yeah. If I had finished my coffee at the Bow and Pot, but I wanted a dessert afterwards and didn't want to walk far, what would I eat?
Speaker 11: Is it?
Speaker 4: I wanted to walk? If you were coals and they say I wanted to walk just next door? And I felt like a type of special if.
Speaker 3: Any there was a store that just specialized in that type of cake you're after.
Speaker 8: Mate, cheesecake shops a bit shady.
Speaker 3: I don't quite believe it yet, Nicole, was there?
Speaker 4: Nicole? Question number two? Okay, if I wanted to get my car serviced at a mechanic, but I only liked Tom Cruise themed movie mechanics, good question this one? Where would I get my car serviced in Avondale Heights.
Speaker 14: Oh, that's on the corner.
Speaker 13: There's a kid that little stand at the front of it.
Speaker 3: Everything, it's on the corner. It's just is it around about Nivel.
Speaker 14: I know the mechanics, but I can't even think of the name of it.
Speaker 11: But it's right Nicolls again.
Speaker 3: Everything.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you. It's not like going on the epicenter. I know, the only like Tom Cruise movies.
Speaker 3: Who calls up and lies about where they live. Nic You sounded so nice.
Speaker 13: Top gear? Is it top gear?
Speaker 4: Close enough? Top gun?
Speaker 3: Giving that stop gun? Top gun?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: One last question, We'll give you the VIP tickets.
Speaker 4: Okay, I've just permitted a crime, but not so bad that the police will keep me at Avondale Heights police station.
Speaker 3: Good funnel, breakfast question. Let's talk about this at ten o'clock. The old crime. I've committed a minor crime.
Speaker 4: The police have pardoned me and let me go. I need to fill up right next to my car with petrol, right next to the avenue to yourself.
Speaker 14: Yeah, what right next door?
Speaker 4: Heltics right next Oh my god, she's smashed it.
Speaker 3: Wow done, this is amazing scenes. Yeah you all right? Winner. You want your tickets, then you're after the VIP tickets. Summer taur Live, Red Hot Summer Tour Live. Well done, Nicole, you weren't lying after all.
Speaker 14: Thank you very much.
Speaker 13: So I told you, Alicia, we believe you.
Speaker 3: Now we believe you. Three questions later, we're all friends. It's all good, Nicole. By the way, I'm just looking at the reviews online now of your McDonald's there, just to let anyone know if you're driving through the drive through there the second the second sort of alley on the left, the speaker's broken. Apparently that's why it's going to get three point five two hundred and fifty six people have reviewed macas where you live? What are the news thats going on there? Say that the apple pie was too hot? It's a hot apple pie moreron, Sorry you're going and angry here? All right, Nicole, enjoy reading so much.
Speaker 14: All live, Thank you, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll play again tomorrow morning, hopefully with an even more boring.
Speaker 1: Suburb dense suburb play Summer The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Hey, folks, time for this week. Well, we've been calling this isolated Vocals where every single morning st after Patty's eight o'clock news, we strip back a track and you play something called an isolated vocal. One of you called this in a chunkin email that came out of the Weekend, the naked vocal feature. So I'm running with that from now on. But this is outworks. So if you go on YouTube, you'll find load of these, and if you ever like any that you'd think would sound great on the show, you're more than welcome to email Christian at gold one four to three dot com dot AU. Here's that works. And these are called naked vocals, and you find them on YouTube. They are from the original studio recordings where it's just a vocal track. You can hear nothing else. There's no studio effects, no auto tune. It's when artists you really really really had to sing. And tonight there's a movie that we're doing exclusive screeninger about one of the best double ones we did Freddie Mercury, this big Bohemian rhapsody musical that we're show tonight. But this every week then we pay one of these tracks and when you hear it stripped back and it's just the vocal you hear and appreciate the greatness. Sometimes it's a song which you might even be over familiar with and you've lost the original kind of feeling for just how amazing it is. And this is one of those songs. Don't stop believing. You've probably heard it a million times. It's a great song and sopranos fans, we love this song. However, when you hear Steve Perry's original vocal performance of it, it's incredible. I got to be honest, I did even know that Steve Perry was the guy who sung the song. It was only one. A couple of years ago, I was lucky enough to interview John bon Jovi and I was asking him who are the great vocalists that he really admires, and he said his favorite singer doesn't get enough kudos or as a guy. He calls the voice and it's Steve Perry. So have I listen to this? Then you know the song, but hear this performance? What a voice? See peeper.
Speaker 5: Levels fer sund.
Speaker 3: Song?
Speaker 5: Well, doostup believe? Hold on to the f Steve like bever? Do stap believe Steve like hever?
Speaker 3: They go the man that John Bonevy called the voice Steve Perry singing this song. We then played the original song Journey with Steve Perry Don't Stop Believing this week's Naked vocal. If you find one on YouTube you love and you play, email me Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot au.
Speaker 5: Enjoy a small child.
Speaker 3: Ever, let.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three Journey Don't Stop Believing. Steve Bury then the star of this Week's Naked Vocals with his performance of Don't Stop Believing, the best selling digital single of the twentieth century. I just found out seven million copies it sold. It was the best selling digital song ever of the twentieth century. Are you now wondering what the twentieth century was?
Speaker 4: That's last year, No, not last year, last last millennium, Get him out of it, last century, nineteen nineties and before.
Speaker 3: I'm not this sadly this, you'll keep digging this whole from nineteen oh one up to two thousand. I thought, so that's it last year, Like you said earlier, last year we cleaned that up all right.
Speaker 4: Now it's not a lot of rent to compete though, because I mean digital sales back then.
Speaker 3: Well nineteen they were massive, you know, the Stones were just putting stuff out then, which leads us nicely on to the next feature. It's cause you smarter than Google. This is where we test our collective brain power. So each week we try and find out the answer to questions and we do not use Google. And when I say we, I mean us and you. So we're trying to use our collective brain power. This is what you had to do back in the day before there was Google and YouTube, so do not to try and find out that we answered to this week's question. So the last two weeks we've worked out together why do dogs sniff each other? And we've also worked out last week we're trying to work out pats is a chewed up twenty bunth note when does it become legal tender? We had some amazing cause do you remember the one with the top four she didn't work from one of the top four banks and the woman who somehow melted four thousand dollars yet it in a pot above our other't some great moments last week, So let's try and do this together with our collective brain power. Melbourne, all right, you're smarter than Google. Let's try and prove that we are better than Google. This week's question is one actually one of the great mysteries of the world. I'm fascinated by the Pyramids, aren't you. So many different theories have got and even historians and scientists who've analyzed it over the years, they don't have any definitive answer as to how they were made in that time period. So this morning, no Google, don't have a look online, just cool up. How were the Pyramids made? I think we're going to get some amazing theories. We go through ours next and want to hear yours as well. How were the Pyramids made? Do not you use Google? Just call in and tell me your answer.
Speaker 1: N one oh four three The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So we're doing You're Smarter than Google, where we try and work out answers to questions together. On Throwback Thursday, we go back to some before Google and the Internet and just finding answers. We're trying to work it out together using our collective brain power. On nine four one four one oh four three. Today is something I'm genuine interested in. What you think it's the pyramids? How do we think they were there? Jack? What say you?
Speaker 4: I don't really like what I've come up with. Similar to how we build sand castles and have molds like little buckets, so packed the sand in. Yep, they kids are possible. They had a kind of mold that they've packed the sand in, wet it down, flipped it over.
Speaker 3: How did they do the flipping over? I mean, have you seen the size of them?
Speaker 4: Oh? Sorry, they didn't do the whole pyramid in one go?
Speaker 3: Sorry, excuse me?
Speaker 4: All right, all lift at once. They would have done brick by brick, got you pack it down?
Speaker 3: And when you see brick? Have you seen the size of those bricks that they've the pyramids? What it's made up of?
Speaker 4: I've never been there is a brick obviously bigger than the usual brick size that you had seen a brick.
Speaker 3: I've never been there, but I at least pictures or.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you don't know how. I've never seen a picture of a man next to a pyramids. I have, I've seen people, but how big is it?
Speaker 10: Have you had the lines mane today? I told you my mother in law ticket, Yeah, you can tell.
Speaker 4: So there's a brick as big as his room was.
Speaker 10: More massive a whole house size.
Speaker 3: Really cute, that's quite big, Patsy, What do you reckon?
Speaker 10: I reckon the Aliens did it.
Speaker 12: I saw a documentary once where to build it in the time they did, Like in the period of time they would have had to lay one of those blocks every two minutes around the clock, and there was no technology.
Speaker 10: There was no cranes or anything. It was all manpower.
Speaker 3: Please, why do they have to do it that fast? Yeah? Was there a party or something that a deadline?
Speaker 4: You know, we want to be in by Christmas?
Speaker 3: Come on, you tradees your Egyptian like you're building projects. You're right, this is the second quote you gave us. Get on with that on. My brother in law's got that ladderies on another project.
Speaker 12: I don't think they could have done it by just playing man documentaries.
Speaker 3: I generally am fascinated by it and the documentary I was working on. Right, they were saying, how the Egyptians wrote everything down right, They've recorded everything. They put it up on the walls. Okay, of all these sarcophagus as they recorded everything about their time, how they did everything, their laws, their rituals, The only thing there's no explanation of is how they built the pyramids, which is bizarre because every other element of their lives is documented on you.
Speaker 4: But we can't read the like they write in windings type styles, winding spot.
Speaker 3: They've got a little bit of the Egyptians gave us comic sounds, so we.
Speaker 4: Can't tell exactly what they wrote. They might have had they decoded it over the years, mate, and they never write.
Speaker 3: Know this, guys, ps, this is how we did the pyramids.
Speaker 4: Two minutes.
Speaker 3: Jennimals, Okay, go figure, I know fact all right. Lornie's on the line.
Speaker 14: Good morning Lawnie, Good morning Christian, Patsy and Jack.
Speaker 3: Well, we're struggling here with how the Pyramids are built.
Speaker 5: It my father.
Speaker 14: It's not my believe, it's my dad's belief. And he maintained that when he was in the war, he met an Egyptian man who had pictures from his family that been passed down through the generations that aliens.
Speaker 3: Came down, many photos of them with aliens. No pictures, not one guy with your dad alien uncle Ray.
Speaker 4: Every two minutes, letter explain, go.
Speaker 14: On, go on, Wow, the Aliens came down and used drew lizards to carry the box the milk.
Speaker 13: The pyramids we.
Speaker 4: Know they used they bought them from another planet or they used our There was.
Speaker 14: A dinosaurs the Egyptians didn't know they were dinosaurs.
Speaker 10: Liinstone style the quarry.
Speaker 4: So the Aliens the dinosaurs around to build it, that's right, the.
Speaker 14: Aliens, not the Egyptians. The Aliens got the dinosaurs.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you've got to forget about the Egyptians.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, even there.
Speaker 3: So it's an alien construction, which is a very very seriously contested theory that people do actually believe this that it makes more sense.
Speaker 13: It must be true.
Speaker 4: Do you think there's some Egyptians around at that time to draw the picture?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I don't know. Tell me more so they absolutely giant mold is actually so the giant lizards? Were they the pets of the aliens? Do we think?
Speaker 14: Well they there were probably the dinosaur Christian right?
Speaker 3: Okay? Do you think they rode them? Have?
Speaker 13: They couldn't because then we're with the block of stone?
Speaker 3: Go exactly? And what what are the pyramids? What was the Why were the Aliens doing it? It's like a prank, Like, come on, guys, let's make there were drunk one like it came down here with giant Lizies built them and when the humans are going to have well.
Speaker 13: This is my theory, I think.
Speaker 14: GRAFFI we were here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't. It could be that.
Speaker 10: Don't they line up with Mars or something? Haven't they done documentary?
Speaker 4: What us line up with Mars?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Like the direction Sun comes down in some kind of configuration.
Speaker 4: Mars always moving, we're moving?
Speaker 3: Who knows? I mean, this is why we're not using Google. Okay, we're not using This is called You're Smarter than Google. We're trying to do this. Okay, we're trying to do this together, just using whatever wisdom we've got and put it together bit by bit like the Pyramids. All right then, Nornie, thank you very much, chucking your theorium bie guys, all right, we'll take some more calls on this. No cheating, no Google on this feature nine one o four three? Why do you think? How do you think the Pyramids were made?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: All right, we're doing this week's You're Smarter than Google? No cheating, don't go online don't go to Google. Each week we try and work out and answer to a question. This week it's a big one. How were the pyramids made? Let's take a couple more thees Peter, good morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Christian, good morning, more, Good.
Speaker 3: Morning, Peter, welcome to You're smarter than Google. I'm gold one at four point three. What do you reckon? Then? How are the pyramids made?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 13: I come up with a bit of a fury, Christian, and I think it. Guys have been like this.
Speaker 8: I reckon the dinosaurs were chewing on rocks back in and poked out the pyramids.
Speaker 3: Pooped out the pyramids, cheering on rocks, cord it out pyramids.
Speaker 4: So they pooed out the whole thing at once, or they did brick by brick neatly?
Speaker 9: Did he go back?
Speaker 11: Then?
Speaker 13: Does he go back?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 8: You probably find the dinosaurs were a lot bigger than the more current one.
Speaker 4: The Karen dinosaurs haven't been as big as I had hoped.
Speaker 3: Everything's getting smaller now, Peter the historian, Thank you very much, Professor Peach for his They're eating Nathan, Good morning there, Well, Nate, we're trying to work this out. How do you think the pyramids were made. What's your theory?
Speaker 9: Well I was doing that. There was giants back then, Thephelium giants. Yeah, they came down apparently from the heavens ye out of space and they.
Speaker 3: Are shows came down from space brackets heaven?
Speaker 4: How big are the giants sent Nathan after?
Speaker 3: Thirty six feet standard size? Isn't it you know for a giant industrial measure?
Speaker 9: Do you some forvor and this YouTube Nephelium giants and they've actually found skeletons.
Speaker 3: Okay, well we can use this until after nine Google. Yeah it's still the internet, you know, we can't. We're try to work this out. I will have a look at that after nine there because on genuine interesting this.
Speaker 5: So would you call them not blow?
Speaker 9: If you are interested, it'll blow your mind?
Speaker 3: What's the word again? Then? What the giants? Caol was the first one? N E P H I L I M right? Never heard of that?
Speaker 4: And so what they were just strong enough to lift the rucks one by one?
Speaker 9: Well, well maybe not. I think they might have used some sort of bardis ancient yeah, gloves baradas to help build it. But apparently they come down from space.
Speaker 3: Come down with brace to forget slash heaven. All right, thank you very much, Nathan, have a good day, buddy. All right, and are we're not closer to any we know where near an answer? In fact, we're moving away now. We're going to giant thirty six feet giants coming down from space.
Speaker 4: Slash you ever thought I had the best?
Speaker 3: All right? How abouts out here? No cheating, Do not go on Google. This troun witness out together? How are the Pyramids made? Nine four one four, one oh four to three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: This week's You're Smarter than Google, where we try and we turn off the computers, right, and we asked you to do the same. Let's just try and do this. It wasn't that long ago, really when we couldn't just Google the answer to something and just because easier doesn't mean it's better, which is what we had to do, try and work out answers to stuff. So we're trying to work out this week using our collective brain pad, how were the Pyramids made? We are nowhere near an answer I've seen. I've always genuinely been really interested in the Pyramids and how they were made and constructed, and I've watched quite a few documentaries. They never really offer up a definitive answer. It's a lot of different theories the aliens. One is a very very strong one, which I know is going to sound crazy here. I er more towards that.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: Ye, I've watched more documentaries to offer up more evidence on that than anyone saying they are man made.
Speaker 4: Okay, just usually on a breakfast show they'll have like one crazy person.
Speaker 3: Now you're the same one here, Jenny, good morning, Hello, good morning, Jenny, welcome to You're smarter than Google. How do you think the pyramids made? What do you think? Mate?
Speaker 13: So I have a theory that is almost as good as Jack, well, probably better, I reckon. Basically, did you ever play with sea monkeys when you were when you're a kid?
Speaker 3: Love them? Yeah?
Speaker 13: So you put them in water and they grow bigger, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: They explain a.
Speaker 13: Load of ancient sea monkeys for a bit of water on top of them pyramid.
Speaker 4: It's boom.
Speaker 3: Fact.
Speaker 4: I don't mind that idea of they built whatever they built it out of as small and then they say water with the hose every year and it gets a little bit bigger over many years.
Speaker 3: Ever, many years, and then it grows to be a pyramid. Have you seen the size of them?
Speaker 10: And what about all the underground chambers and stuff?
Speaker 3: Jack? Do they have those? Do they? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Did you not do Egyptian history as a.
Speaker 4: Child and you missed out key periods of history? I just said that there's heaps of pyramids in every town you go down the Nile. Every town had their own pyramids.
Speaker 3: But I forget he's two and a half thousand years old.
Speaker 10: I think he is too.
Speaker 3: He was the forward there. He ran health and safety all right. Fells on the line who was a mechanical engineer, So this should help. Good morning Phil, Good morning guys.
Speaker 8: How are you're going?
Speaker 3: Well, we're struggling at the moment, Moe. We need some actual brain power on this. So you are a mechanical engineer, this would be great. So from your viewpoint, how were the pyramids made?
Speaker 8: Well, it's actually a lot simpler than people think. Have you ever watched videos of people tying giant planes, etc. And trucks?
Speaker 4: M M yep, strong men and women.
Speaker 8: I think that's right. It's actually not that hard to move our objects. The difficult bit is to get them moving. So once they get a little bit of momentum, it's actually easy to move them. So what the Egyptians did was they cut the sandstones of whatever they were using to size on site and then they used large round tree logs and they essentially, using a lot of manpower, rolled them into place. And once on.
Speaker 9: Site, what they did was they created various.
Speaker 8: Wooden cantilevers and primitive cranes, and so they essentially slid them into place, and they did that layer by layer until they got to the top. That's why each pyramid took up to twenty five thirty years to build, because that process takes a long time, but it can still be done by man. But and manpower and life was very disposable back in the day because the Egyptians had thousands of workers and slaves and that's all they did. They use cantilevers and small cranes to lift them into place.
Speaker 3: Now, this is obviously, you know, a scientific and theory. However, do you think, then, how are they using How are they going to get those those blocks that the base blocks right that weigh so much? How are they lifting them? I understand, like the science behind the pulleice and the cantilevers. But just to lift that weight, how are they doing there?
Speaker 8: Well, it's just a transfer of weight. So you have a lot of people on one end. Essentially, all you have to do is just nudge it up slightly and then there would position various objects under it, and you keep doing it. You keep essentially tilting it to a side slowly. It will take days maybe to till the single sandstone of that side, you know, size of a truck or a bus, and then they would roll the rollers under them. Then they would do the same to the other side slowly, and then once on the rollers, they would slowly rolls to site.
Speaker 3: Now, Phil, you're offering up a solid theory here. However, did they have the know how to do that back then? Like I'm mentioning to jump on Google now to know about the police and cantilevers. When did that come into being? Was that in that time period?
Speaker 8: I'm absolutely it was too. I think actually remembering to the days I read about Asian Egyptians, there were i think documents and various older texts found and the various hieroglyphics and drawings that depicted them using various mechanical contractions. They were simple, but there are records of the Egyptians using them, so the cantilever I guess system. It's actually not that news has been around for a millennia. Even though the Romans used them a lot, they perfected them.
Speaker 3: Felt you're offering up the most sense so far this morning, Phil.
Speaker 4: What do you make of Pats's theory that you build the pyramids? They would have had to been on average putting one of those bricks in every two minutes.
Speaker 8: No impossible, would have taken many, many days each one. As I said earlier, that's why I would have taken twenty five thirty years to build each pyramid. And that's why I use thousands of people, you know, a lot of manpower.
Speaker 3: What do you think about one of the theories offered up this morning by one of the quarters that the Aliens used dinosaurs and giantly it's to build them.
Speaker 8: I think people need to get an education per The dinosaurs became extinct almost sixty million years before.
Speaker 3: Google, but it seems to be different due to different times periods.
Speaker 8: Yeah, dinosaurs became extinct sixty million years before our very first ancestors came into existence. So that's sort of goes out the window.
Speaker 3: So are you a mechanical engineer for a living? It feels like you're a professor.
Speaker 8: No, I'm just a mechanical engineer for a living.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, well you've offered up a lot of sciences this morning. Thank you very much for the education.
Speaker 8: Phil my absolute pleasure.
Speaker 3: All Right, cheers, mate, have a good day. But aliens made him call in to say that the.
Speaker 1: Christian who conn will breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three tomorrow morning on the Breakfast Show on God one oh four point three. You're picking all the music that I could do every Friday. It is all request Friday. So let's know what you want me to play tomorrow morning. Hellover to Facebook. You don't have to call in or anything. How do a Facebook get in there early? Let me know what song? And why at you find us? Our home or Facebook is at O C one O four three. I mean you're in charge of the music for sure, But if you're struggling for a suggestion, I don't know about you. Just a song off the top of my head looking out the window here at the beautiful day today. Someone like Kenny Rogers, if I had to pick eight Kenny Rogers song when it was The Gambler, you know, and if there was an ideal time for that, eight o'clock, eight o'clock feels right, eight o'clock tomorrow morning feels right for the Gambler.
Speaker 4: Can you and the music director are going to have to have this out on air eventually?
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's heading that way tomorrow. I feel like it's a showdown, you know, And so we're going to ask people to call in tomorrow at eight am on nine four one four one oh four three? Are cool to arms? A cool willing not to arms, but for Kenny Rogers to be on your wireless to hear the Gambler to kick start your weekend. I reckon if ten people called in, there's no way finding up ten calls saying play it.
Speaker 4: He can say no and expect the phone line to be cut tonight, the music director.
Speaker 3: We've got an at work time waste coming up next, the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three. After the great work you did yesterday on World Given Day, we now move we actually we're talking about Winks this weekend. Coxplay Winks obviously back in action at Mooney Valley Racecourse. Winks, this is going to take this one easy. Winks is only going to race on just the rear two hoofs. It's just gonna actually give them a five minute head start and then run it backwards as well. So we're looking for Winks movies today. That's the atwork time waste. So the legend that is Winks. That's not movie title by the way, just saying ay out work time waste today? Then is Winks Movies the best one we get? During the next ten minutes, you have to go and see School of Rock the Musical finally coming to Australia and Melbourne. School about the Musical at Her Majesty Sata next Wednesday. Book now at School of Rockthemusical dot com dot Au. I saw it in London's West and it is amazing. I love the Chat Black Movie the Musical. You will love all right. I've got the Winks movies. Winks Knows what you did last summer? Gone with the Winks, fifty Shade of Winks, nine and a half, Winks. I don't hear Gold, I don't hear God. Thank you, brother Aliens versus Winks and I don't know wish way to do this one? Either Winksy dancing or dirty winksing Winky winds dancing. Okay, what have you got for your Winks movies?
Speaker 4: Winks in the Willows, How the Winks Stole Christmas?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: This one all right? Basic Winks stink, Basic.
Speaker 3: Winks silver minus bronze plus.
Speaker 4: Winksy Wonka and the Truck of Factory.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, you can't have around them these days without someone going a Wonka one. All right, do your best Thenks movies. The best one gets tickets going. See School of Rot the Musical four seven five three, one oh four three it's our text number, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, eaterly Cox Blake this weekend and Winks Racing. Today's out word time was stuff. Put Winks in a movie? Winks movies. Don't forget you're not just marking gold, silver, bronze, my friend, You're looking out for the one and borne one that's going to get tickets. Next Wednesday, School of Rock the Musical opens. You can book your tickets. Big New Andrew Lloyd Webber musical based on the movie, but all original songs. I saw it last year, took my kids to see it. Was skeptical. It was so good. As we were walking out the theater, I downloaded the soundtrack. The all origins are are amazing. They're some great rock anthems. It's very, very good. Put your tickets. I'd be stunned if you didn't enjoy it as much as we did. School of Rothemusical dot com dot au. All right, let's go to your movies. A Winks tail?
Speaker 4: What's the film?
Speaker 3: A Night's Tale? Bronze, The Man with the Golden Winks Mitch and Mordiamic.
Speaker 4: Bronze plus.
Speaker 3: We'd almost call it silver Larla Winks.
Speaker 4: Not good but silver plus.
Speaker 3: Fifty two Winks Till Christmas. What's the movie? I'm not sure?
Speaker 4: Fifty Yeah is that a film? I think so?
Speaker 3: Bronze Winks biggelow that first gold All right, well done, Melinda Lloyd. Thanks about the surname.
Speaker 4: Kind of thing that Hamish McLaughlin would order.
Speaker 3: Ten things I hate about winks?
Speaker 4: Oh that's sad. That's the kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, silver, good, Winks hunting better Old gav In Heidelberg, Well done, Gone in sixty winks co some of these, mate, these are some of the better ones. Silver four winks he's in a funeral. Gold it's a headline. I know of us want to see Christian. What about the sound of winks? I don't know about this Silver winks beneath my wings.
Speaker 4: That's better.
Speaker 3: Gold, that's sir, Kirsty. Those are the best of quite a rum bunch today. So who's gotting the tickets?
Speaker 4: You and may deserve the tickets under show.
Speaker 3: Imagine that no tickets for you guys, We're taking them.
Speaker 4: Can they jackpup till tomorrow? Give two your way on Monday? I guess yeah, yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Can give them away tomorrow. All right, Wow, this is the first ever jack is You're not worthy of school that rotten musical tickets? You have let the show and jack down bad listeners.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We're on the hunt for your old bands. We're giving you a second chance. We are giving you rock and roll radio. Christian O'Connell's one Blast three if he used to be in a band, don't worry if you have lost contact with the bands, we will try everything to reunite you with old band members. We've already got a band in touch with a singer that they'd lost touch with twelve years ago. This is the gig we're offering you. It is the gig of a lifetime. Jack. How many days until showtime?
Speaker 4: Thirty one days, four hours, fifty minutes, three seconds.
Speaker 3: If we could just shorten the gap there, Okay, we.
Speaker 4: Just had to click over a couple of tabs.
Speaker 3: All right, Okay, that's until you're going to be opening for Jimmy Barnes, the Angels and many more in front of fifty thousand people one electric day, completely sold out. We need an opening band. It's going to be your reunited band. You've got eight days until the cutoff point next Friday. If you are up for this, you don't need to have all the bands together right now. We can help you with that. We've got some of the line now, who wants to enter and is missing a drummer. We've got Corey on the line. Good morning, Corey, Good morning, Good morning Corey. So tell us about your band Luke.
Speaker 11: Well, you know you guys are looking for you know that story, and I believe that Luke is the story.
Speaker 3: Well, you already sound very upset, very downbeat, so listen. Hopefully this can be like a therapy here you're amongst friends. What happened to Luke?
Speaker 11: Well, we we were young, and we were playing around in Newcastle and Sydney and played a little bit in Melbourne, and we're making records with our own money and all that kind of stuff and trying to learn how to record, and we just happened to sort of start building a little bit of a following it this venue called s Jys in Newcastle and Sydney Junction Hotel and kind of came second in a bank on this. This makes it kind of sound small, but like we had a pretty rad following and played a lot of rad gigs and then all of a sudden, I wouldn't like to say, my drummer or anyone's like had a you know, you know, they had anything going on, but like they didn't. It was more of a you know, I need to figure out who I am kind of thing. I think all of us did. So we kind of split up, and I moved to Melbourne. The drummer got married and Joel, sorry the basebay got married, and Joel moved to London. He's the drummer, so.
Speaker 3: The drama had some kind of you just want to work out who he was. He thought the best place go and find yourself is going to Lune. I went the opposite way to find out who You've come here? And when was this? You know how many years ago did the drama just disappee?
Speaker 11: He didn't really disappear like I was cool with it, you know, like it was all good. But probably in two thousand and one or two thousand and two, I think that's when the band ended, and I think he moved there in about two thousand and three.
Speaker 4: Has he done his soul searching and come back or is he still over there?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 11: He's still over there. He just got married. Oh, and visited him probably two months ago for his wedding. I was in his wedding and stuff.
Speaker 3: So to listen you and what the rest of the band are up frenching one last dream and trying to win the big rim.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it'd be awesome.
Speaker 3: Okay, have you spoken to you the band members?
Speaker 11: They're all in I haven't talked to him yet. I tried to get in touch with Joel, but he's obvious in London. Time time difference is, you know, a bit different. So I send him an email, but it doesn't got back to when.
Speaker 3: You got you got. You've only got a couple of days until we cut the deadline off. Let's have listened to your bands and said, like a real pearl Jam, I think going on with this, but this is how long from your old band loop see.
Speaker 4: I personally I love this sound.
Speaker 3: I love pearl Jam sound garden. I think this sounds brilliant. He must have been great.
Speaker 13: Beast in the day.
Speaker 3: It's how about that bloody drummer and his crisis conference disappearance in London?
Speaker 11: Yeah, wait, you wait to see him live. Man, I've seen this guy, you know. He pulls up these sixteenth note roles. Like one time he dropped his like drumstick in the middle of doing one of these roles and finished the role with one hand like and then did it again, just to show that everyone that he could do it. We used to turn up to gigs and we'd never talk to people and say, oh, yeah, this is what we're about or anything, you know. We wouldn't say how good we were. We pull ourselves up. We just get the drummer and put his twenty four inch kick drum on the stage and go when everyone would turn around and go all right, this is going to be good.
Speaker 3: You've got to get the band back together. If you need any more help from us, just please give us a cool cory. Okay, because you sound brilliant. You're the kind of band that should be entering this competition. It's designed for people like you and your bandmates.
Speaker 11: Well, you guys have been missing out. If it doesn't happen, I love them, not arrogant.
Speaker 3: Well listen, pull your finger at your back, so I pick up the phone and get the rest of the band.
Speaker 4: On board, drag them on twenty four inch based drum down to the show.
Speaker 3: That's how you used to go. All right, Corey for now, Thanks a lot, buddy, Good luck to Luke Rad.
Speaker 11: Thanks Rad.
Speaker 1: The Christian oho'conn will Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Hugger Tinco is coming up next and he's got Hugger Tinko. He said, you know what the email is rebrand He's rebranded himself and he wants to be known as Hugger Tinco.
Speaker 4: I'd like to hug you.
Speaker 3: He had an ancient shaman. Ritchell performed on him last night and his new name is Hugger Tinko, so you know, ask us all to.
Speaker 4: Respect that the DJ formerly known as Huggy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's coming up hopefully with your postcode and you could be winning cash. And then again at one, two and four tonight we are Bohemian Rhapsody. We get to see it. Wait a week before it comes out. If you want tickets with us, we will see you down there, very very excited, looking forward to meeting you. If you are coming down you says tonight, come and say hello. We are back tomorrow morning. Thanks for listening. Title of today's show is Came Down from Space Brackets Evan the
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three