Speaker 1: Hi guys, and are welcome back. It's been a long break, but here we are to another episode of Life Uncut. I'm Laura and I'm Brittany. A lot's happened in the past couple of weeks. Do you know what I think is actually hilarious. Almost every day someone has written to us and said, can you please come back? Like the break's been too long?
Speaker 2: What are we doing without you? We can't survive without you? And I was like, oh my gosh, how long have we actually been off for? And I worked it out. It's only just five weeks to the day that we stopped the last episode, and a lot has happened. You have officially got a boyfriend, like out in the media, tell.
Speaker 1: On the world the press. I pushed a watermelon out of my vagina.
Speaker 2: Actually it was almost a sizeable watermelon. She is a big girl. She's the kid's got a massive head.
Speaker 1: Some destruction we've had We would get into that later in the episode. I ran a half marathon. We have chosen our bachelor for twenty twenty one, and we have started the train wreck that he's married at first sign the absolute dumpster fire, which you know what I am usually so here for Maths and this year. Maybe it's because collectively I've had about four hours sleep in the last month, but I'm not vibing it like I normally would.
Speaker 2: I will tell you about that. Also, coming right up, you are on the slow decline with Maths. It's really taken me by surprise too.
Speaker 1: I know when we first started this Okay, so we started this podcast almost two years ago. Guys, when we first started it, I was so sick for Maths. I was like waving that mass flag. I don't know, I'm a bit disenchanted. Maybe it's because I don't feel like there's any couples this season that I'm like really getting behind. Do you know what, I'm almost proud of what I have never watched an episode of Maths of any season. It just shows how much you've bluffed your fucking way through this podcast because you constantly talk about Maths. No, because what I will do is I'll watch the highlights, or I'll go and watch people like Clementine Ford, who will just go to town. I feel like I've watched every episode without watching an episode, I'll always read the articles, watch the news, I'll look at the contestants pages, I'll go and look at these people that recap them, people like Hijrash that do funny stuff. But I've never sat down and watched from start to finish a whole episode of Maps. You're literally just here for the Punky recaps. I'm here for punky recaps. Okay, So before we get into everything about today's episode, we've missed you. We're so happy to be back in your ears, let's talk about the thing that you all actually came here for. Brittany, tell me what's it like to be in love? Now? You tell me what's liked me. You're all glowy, You're all giggly.
Speaker 2: I'm humming, am always giggly. I am actually blushing now talking to Laura.
Speaker 1: How's the sex been? I want to know everything.
Speaker 2: It's fantastic, from the top to the bottom. Guys, I wholeheartedly, ridiculously, disgustingly, sickeningly have fallen in love. And I'm going to be that person that everyone loves to hate. And then I have always always loved to hate. And I've said it a number of times in this podcast. I'm going to say it now. It happened when I least expected it.
Speaker 1: Of fucking hell. Also, though, for anybody who has been with this podcast since the very beginning, or if you've listened to every single episode, you will know that Britney's dating love life has been a constant running theme and the amount of people who are messaging to say that they're happy for you. I just don't think people have actually really thought this through and that they realize that it means you're not going to be bringing any more dating stories to the podcast, which is a real point of contention right now.
Speaker 2: It is a point of contention, but they've thought it through because every congratulatory message I have finishes with I'm also disappointed that there will be no more stories, but I need to be happy enough for you. We've had a lot of people writing saying that we need a new segment that is other people's embarrassing, awkward, pathetic, terrible dating stories which we might actually bring in. But yeah, I still have some dating stories up my sleeve, guys, I trust me. There's been a decade of dating. I can bring you a lot of stories still, but I can also bring.
Speaker 1: You a lot of love. Now. Okay, so let's just hit the hot ten questions. I don't even know if I have ten questions, but I'm gonna ask you a few. How did you guys meet you guys?
Speaker 2: Remember that I said last year, like the start of twenty twenty, that this year in twenty twenty, I did not want to go through another holiday season and another Christmas without someone like I just wanted to finish this year and hope that I met someone. And in the last episode of last year, I remember saying, well, that's it. Another year over and I didn't meet anyone. And then I think it was like literally the next day, it was almost like I told the universe, like pull your butt into gear. The next day I met Jordan. I met Jordan on and I'm gonna sound like a wan car but I met Jordan on.
Speaker 1: Raya, which anyone who doesn't know. Raya is like an exclusive celebrity dating site. Remember how I used it is a celebrity and you have to be approved to be able to be on Raya, and you have to have over a certain number of followers on Instagram. No you don't. I'd also be a certain level of hotness. Am I sensing a tinge of jealousy? You're not on rail I was off dating sites before I had any kudos in any social circle.
Speaker 2: You guys remember used to talk about how I saw Chanting Tatum on a dating app and I was trying to match with him, et cetera. Like I sent him a direct message as a joke.
Speaker 1: What wasn't a joke. It's funny. It's only a joke. When you get rejected, you're like, yeah, I didn't mean that anyway. He just never go back.
Speaker 2: He just didn't. I super liked him. That is the app that I met Jordan on. And the thing about this app is it doesn't really work. It's not geolocated, so you can match with anyone around the world at any time. You don't set a location, which is why I saw all these famous people on them.
Speaker 1: The funny thing about this.
Speaker 2: With Jordan is I saw Jordan on this dating app three or four times.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I have made him aware of this, and I said, no, I always swiped.
Speaker 1: Left four times. This is purely because, for.
Speaker 2: No other reason, his dating profile looked great. It was fine, he was interesting, he was athletic, but he was younger than me, and significantly younger than me.
Speaker 1: Bernie does like a young guy from school. All right, I got to go he's clocking off school. Now. It got to a point where, like, you know, when you've dated everybody, and like when you're on Tinder and it stated everybody. I mean, I've been there, So this is not a dig at you, like, oh, you know you're on Tinder. You're swiping and it says no one, there's no one left in your area, and you're like, all right, fuck it, I'll just go up ten years and down ten years and kilometers. All of a sudden, you've just matched me a thirteen year old in Brisbane.
Speaker 2: But no, I was ready to meet someone. So I was and this is my advice that I do give you guys as well. I was ready to meet someone. So the people I was looking for were people I thought would be ready to meet someone. So I had an age range. Age range doesn't really come up on rail anyway. So I was like, this guy, I'm going to tell you how old he's in a second.
Speaker 1: This guy's too young for me. He's not going to be ready.
Speaker 2: So I just kept swiping. No, it got to almost the end of the year and he just kept popping up on my swiping. So I thought, hang on, what is wrong with this person? Like why am I saying no to him? And I sort of went through my checklist in my head of what I was looking for. He ticked every single thing, and then I realized the only reason I was saying no was because he was twenty six and I am thirty three. So you do the math, that's seven years.
Speaker 1: I had to laterally stop then, but I also am very sleep deprin So I was seven.
Speaker 2: Years and I thought, there's no way a twenty six year old and I completely stereotyped a twenty six year old professional athlete is not going to be traveling the world, playing the field, doing what he wants. So I was like, that was the only reason. I was like, Okay, he's young, he is twenty six, that's my only reason. Fuck it, I'm just gonna say yes because that's not a good enough reason when every other box is tick.
Speaker 1: So I said yes.
Speaker 2: We matched immediately, and then he sat all over to me and we started talking and it was just easy. From the second we started talking. He asked me for dinner, and I was a bit cocky and said, only if we can play tennis first. Now, Jordan has a serve of two hundred and twenty kilometers an hour.
Speaker 1: This did not go down well for anyone who doesn't know Jordan is actually a professional tennis player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so look, I could go into a lot of details and we will over the coming weeks or for the rest of my life whatever, but we essentially met.
Speaker 1: We had and the next day.
Speaker 2: This is huge for me because you guys know that, Like, I don't have any emotions really or I never used to have emotions, and I used to.
Speaker 1: I was a runner.
Speaker 2: Like someone would say they liked me, and I'd be like, oh my god, did you see that he wore a summon shirt. I can't date him, and I would run away.
Speaker 1: Like over the past two years, the amount of guys who I shouldn't say it there. It's not like Brittany's been dating a bazillion men, but like the number of guys who she has dated and on paper, I'm like, they seem like they're a really nice guy and the only reason why you were trying to pick apart them as a person is because they're actually into you and they're being nice to you. As much as she has sat here and given you relationship advice, I have been the one behind the scenes being like britt this guy seems awesome, but there is something to be said for the fact that you need to have that X factor as well. You can't just match with someone who on paper everything seems awesome, but there's no spark. Oh, and that's what it's been for you. There's been no spark.
Speaker 2: And I just knew that when the person came along in my life that it would be easy. I knew that I wouldn't question it. I knew that I would just feel it. And I always knew it would happen fast because I knew that I'm so specific with what I was looking for that when it did happen, I knew that it would just happen. So we went on this one date. We had an hour and a half sitting for dinner, and then it was midnight, six and a half hours later, and they came up to us say this, let us stay because I saw us having this such a great time. They came up to us and they're like, guys, like the restaurant's closing, you do need to leave. I don't even know if Jordan got a word in edgewise. It was just like six hours of me talking. So we left and then he was such a gentleman. He was so polite, and I could tell he really liked me, like just the way he was talking and acting.
Speaker 1: But he was he was like, didn't touch me.
Speaker 2: Didn't try and kiss me, didn't do anything. And then the taxi was coming and I was like, this guy's not going to even try and kiss me. And I was like, I don't know if I should end it without kiss because it was so good. And I'll also, i'm saying that it's not like it was a new take. I was had six wines, I was dry.
Speaker 1: I was like and I literally said, so the cars.
Speaker 2: Here in two minutes, and he's like, uh huh. And I was like, are you going to kiss me? Or am I going to have to kiss you? That's what I said, and he was like, it'd be great if you did it. Chivalry also like grow a set.
Speaker 1: Come on. It was like, I'm just He's like, I'm actually glad you did that.
Speaker 2: He's like, I really wanted to kiss you, but I was just trying to be a gentleman and I didn't want you to feel uncomfortable. He's actually so great, He's so sweet, it's like unheard of. Then this is someone like me I had to go up to Port Macquarie the next day. I had four days left until Christmas, and I banned him from listening to the podcast. This is a very important point. I was like, absolutely, you will never listen to this podcast until you're head over heels in love with me, and then it's too late for you to run away.
Speaker 1: That was my rule. He's like, I don't understand. Why what do you talk about it. I was like, you don't need to know. Ask my question, and like this has been your fear, Like I'm perpetually single because of this podcast. It's a bad omen. It was my fear.
Speaker 2: I just thought people would listen and be turned off it until you know who I am and what I'm actually like. It'd be easy to listen to what we talk about and just be like, oh, you know, so I said, you can't listen to the episode I got to put mcquarie. I can't stop thinking about him. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 2: And then I say to him, look, I've decided you can listen to an episode of the podcast. He's like, great, which one? And like, so I dated a sociopath?
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 2: I was like, I feel like it's just going to explain a lot about me without me having to tell you.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that was the episode you got him to listen to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was it, because I just feel like it explains a lot about me, because I'm a bit like, I get a bit flighty, and I'm a runner. And I said that to him. I said, look, historically, I run, like I I want you to know that, and I want you to know why. And I didn't want to have the awkward conversation and I didn't want the questions. I just wanted him to listen. And he's like, when should I listen? And I said, why don't you listen? On the way here, He's like to paut and I said yes. And then I was like, I threw my phone just for two days after Christmas. We had just had Christmas. It was in that Chris between Christmas and New Year's period. Yeah, that weird time frame work. No one knows what day when he didn't have had my family. I hadn't even told my family. I had a separate house I was staying at, so he did not have I said, and I've seen this guy twice now, and I said, come to Port he's like, I'll leave in an hour. He literally packed his bag, drove to put McCrory and we just had these couple of amazing days together and that was it. We have not unless he was away playing, we have not had one day apart. He moved into my house in Bondie within as soon as he got back.
Speaker 1: We just moved in. I'm really happy for you, but this is not necessarily like the precedent that you should set for all your relationships. It's okay to take things slow people, and that's something that we have been advocating for for the past two years. And then here's Brittany. So we're getting married next week and when you know, you know no. So I will wrap this up because we'll talk about it more in other episodes. But I do want to say when I say he moved in, I mean unofficially, he just stays with me every night. And the reason that is that's not a normal thing that I would ever do. As we know.
Speaker 2: But I know that he's going overseas very very soon, unfortunately, and he'll be gone for the rest of the year, so I don't see him. So we've always known that we had like a four month period together and then that was it. So in our head, we were like, this isn't going to be a normal ticket, slow to know each other, see each other once a week. This is We've got four months to see if this is a thing, and then we don't see each other for the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: So that was why I was.
Speaker 2: Like, you know what, fuck it, Let's just hang out as much as we can, get to know each other as much as we can, and then we decide if we're going to do a long distance thing.
Speaker 1: So if anyone who doesn't understand why Jordan is going overseas for the next x amount of time, it's because he is going on tour to play tennis. So he's going to be in the States and in Europe and he's going to be playing all over the place. So Britt and Jordan are going to have to do this extended time away from each other, which, you know what, there's going to be challenges in that of itself, but also it means we can do a podcast episode on long distance. You guys have been asking for a long distance dating podcast, and it's been a long time since I've done long distance dating. So we're going to have it from the horse's mouth. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: But again, I could talk about this for hours, So let's just wrap my little segment up and I'll end it with we are doing long distance because I am head over heels in love and he's head over heels in love. And guess who said the L word first?
Speaker 1: He did? You did? You can't say both us on guests. Don't you know how the game works, Laura, you said it.
Speaker 2: I wrote it down in a message to a friend, and then later without him knowing, and later that day that's another story.
Speaker 1: He told me he loved me first. This is I was cute. I was never gonna say it. This is so cute that I feel sick. I know you vomitated disgusting.
Speaker 2: All right, enough about me, let's talk about other huge things going on in the world.
Speaker 1: Well, this episode, we are I mean, like part of this episode is that we are just kind of going to have a good catch up guys, because it's been a while since we were able to sit here and debrief and get back to basics. But before we talk about what this episode like, the main part of this episode, which is going to be I guess my birth story, which kind of is weird, but I'm going to tell I'm going to tell you all the nitty gritty details around Laola being born. I'm entering the world. I don't think that's weird at all. I think it's really pervy. There are people out there who are really into other people's birth stories, and then there's going to be some people who are like, I don't want to know about this.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think it's interesting, especially like people like me or people that haven't had children.
Speaker 1: We don't know what happens.
Speaker 2: We don't know how it feels, we don't know, we don't know anything, so it's we I personally am really interested. I've already quizzed you, but we put it out to you guys, and you guys had some really great questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I guess you're right, Like I mean, I from having two children myself, I have learnt so much about what it is to actually give birth and the whole process, and I think that until you go through it yourself, there is so little that we actually talk about. So I'm not going to keep anything secret, no sugar coating and whatever Brittany asked me, I will answer a lot of these questions came from you guys directly, so you only have yourself to blame for asking such disgusting questions. You'll have issues.
Speaker 2: But before we get into that, guys, we have a new bachelor.
Speaker 1: We do. We have a new bachelor and.
Speaker 2: Normal, and he's hot, any smart, and he looks great.
Speaker 1: He's got a really cute smile and I have one hundred match with him on Tinder before and it actually because it's funny, because I have to fuck off. Okay, okay, So this guy who is our new bachelor, his name is Jimmy Nicholson. He's thirty one. He's from Sydney. He is a normy norm which means that he is not from any ex reality TV show. He is a pilot and because of COVID, he has a lot of downtime, which is why he was able to take on the role of being the bachelor. And he's our very first bachelor who is not your standard attractive white man. He is of Fijian and New Zealander descent, and I think it is an excellent choice for bachelor. Here is someone fresh, and he is someone new, and it has been a very long time since I have online dated. But as soon as I saw his picture on Pedestrian. I was like, oh, I've definitely matched with that guy on Tinder. I don't think we spoke. Oh maybe we did speak, but we definitely didn't meet up or anything like that. But I hand on heart one hundred percent seen him before and it's got to be Tinder. And then I googled where he was from, and he's from Sydney, and I was like, well, that's not surprising. I've matched with every single sing man in Sydney at some point in time, so gone through the list, here we go, and now you have as well. No, I'm actually him not that long ago, Like I matched with him Daily Mail, Eat your heart out.
Speaker 2: Yeah it wasn't Tinda. It was like bumble. I think we matched at the end. We matched twice at the end of last year. Like obviously, before I met Jordan, he was really really nice, really great.
Speaker 1: We had really good chat.
Speaker 2: We're going to meet up, and then I went to put McCrory I went away somewhere and then I just sort of just like put it on the back burner.
Speaker 1: Didn't meet up.
Speaker 2: Then he recame back into the messages to meet up again the second time, and I had just started to go on at like one or two dates with someone else, so I didn't want to go and start dating him at the same time, so I sort of canned it. But I never actually met up with him.
Speaker 1: But guys, he could have not been the bachelot. Maybe I could have met up with him and we would have fallen in love and that wouldn't have happened. I have a little bit more information. I don't know if you saw this in the media recently, but it turns out he's also dated Bella who was on Lucky Season multiple times. I say that this man, who is our Australia's number one bachelor, he's churned and burned the online dating ladies. He is not afraid of it. And I'm gonna say that there's probably a lot of women in Sydney who are going to listen to this podcast and go I also matched with him. Send us it, send us your details. I want to know. I want to I want the nitty gritty on this bachelor. I wanted to all come out on that fun cut before it comes out in the Daily Mail.
Speaker 2: Well, someone or he has written into us, and I didn't know if I wanted to say she hooked up with him. She shouted and went to his house and they banked. When she left the next day, she realized she forgot a bra and she messaged him to get it back and he just didn't write back.
Speaker 1: God. Okay, So something else I wanted to talk about before we got into birth story nitty gritty details is I want to talk about maths. Just really top line, I don't want to go into all of the characters. I don't want to go into all the relationship I mean, they almost are they almost are character. I don't want to go into all the relationships with all the people that have been cast. I think that every year it seems to be getting more and more controversial, and the people who were on the show seemed to be more poorly matched in order to create the biggest drama possible. It's like they're not even trying, like they're trying not to match them. Oh, they are purposely choosing people who have deep seated insecurities and then choosing the exact thing that would inflame those insecurities and matching them together and watching the absolute dumpster fire. It's breaking people for our entertainment. And now, guess one of the things that I have seen come up. I had this thought the other day when I was watching one of the episodes and Sam had said something which was absolutely brutal about how he'd broken up with his ex girlfriend because he wanted someone who had bigger boobs, and he was being very blunt about his desires and what he likes in a woman. And one of the things Coco said she had to say something that she liked about Sam, and obviously like she didn't like any of those things that he said, How could you possibly it was so incredibly misogynous, But she said, I like that he's really honest, and that hit me so hard, and I just wanted to quickly sit on that because I know I've done this in past relationships, and it really resonated with me. I think we do it more as women than men. But when men are mean, like actually saying mean things, we often try and justify that by saying, oh, but at least they're really honest, and we try and kind of like redeem that characteristic by saying, oh, but it comes from honesty. No, it doesn't come from honesty. That's a really shit person. It's a shit thing to say. All it does is inflame your insecurity. So if somebody in your life is being so honest to you that actually what they're telling you is mean, that's not a characteristic that she'ld be rewarded. It's not a characteristic that you should go. Oh, you know, like at least I know where I stand with that person. That could be them using that as a way to gaslight you. It could be them using that as a way to manipulate you. It could be them using that as a way to make you feel completely insecure. And I think we can call that for what it is. Well, I think it's a copy mechanism, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Someone just just say someone breaks you and they've just told you all these horrible things about you as a human. We want to take something from that, We want to make something positive. So we walk away and we're like, well, I guess he was honest.
Speaker 1: And I think I was really triggered by this because in my first long term relationship, who I got with when I was in my early twenties twenty and I was with until I was twenty six, he was really brutally honest, putting honest in quotation marks. And the more that I think about it now, that relationship in my mid thirties, and I reflect on it. He wasn't honest. He was just very mean to me. He would put me down. He would tell me that I was too loud, I was to this, I was too that I was too much for whatever he wanted me to be. And so I would try and try and mold my personality, shape who I was to better fit this person that he wanted to be with. And I justified that as being like, well, he's being honest. And he said to me after six years of us being together that he couldn't see a long term relationship with me and couldn't see us getting married. And you know, I mean, I've talked about this before. I took that as a personal challenge. I was like, I'm going to change this guy's mind. We're saying whatever, low on the hole that didn't work out people. But I really justified his bluntness as being honest. I think that if you're doing that in a relationship, be very aware of it, because there's a huge difference between honesty in a relationship that allows for growth and allows for like open channels of communication and honesty that's to the point of just a put down and being mean. I look back.
Speaker 2: And I have been in that position too, where I have said, oh, you know, okay, he's just been honest.
Speaker 1: I'll accept that.
Speaker 2: The reason I have done that is because it's better than the opposite, which is the constant lies. And I had been lying to and cheat on that many times that the alternative for me was someone being brutally honest. I was like, okay, I'll take that. I'll take that over the secrecy and the hiding.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But I guess that's the thing, right, Like that's the pinch point, is like, yeah, you shouldn't be accepting somebody who cheats on you and lies to you, but you're sure a shit shouldn't be accepting someone who's so honest that they're fucking mean and hurt your feelings. Like that's a narrative that we need to change as well. I mean, if you haven't seen the Maths episode, then you probably don't know exactly what we're referring to. Don't go back and watch it. I'm not recommending of that, but I think for everybody who has seen it, there's a lot about this season that is very questionable. They do it on every season. We know that they purposely choose mismatched couples to create the most amount of drama. We know that we know that this whole idea that the experts actually choose the couples based on what they think is going to bring out the best in each other is a load of horseshit.
Speaker 2: I also think the term experts is questionable.
Speaker 1: Well, that was something else I wanted to flag on this episode, and that is, as we all know, we have a new relationship expert in the house on mass and that is Alessandra Rampola, and she has actually come in and she's replaced to doctor Tricia Statford. I guess the thing is is like, as the episodes and seasons have kind of progressed and things have become so much more glaringly obvious that the experts aren't there to actually match people and create successful relationships. They're there to kind of mediate the drama and to kind of suck out people's insecurities to talk about it so that they can hash it out on the couch. Doctor Tricia Stratford walked away after seven seasons, and when she first walked away, it was very amicable. She said that she wanted to spend her time focusing on other areas of interest. For her, that was her neuropsychology because she is actually a doctor. She also wanted to focus on her writing, and you know, she's given seven great years to marry at first sight, but she wanted to move on to other things. Since then, she's come out and said that the dinner parties on Maths have left her feeling sick to the stomach and that by the end of her time on Maths, she couldn't compromise her professional and personal standards because there were participants on the show who she felt shouldn't have been there. And then this is also a quote from her, she said, if someone gets through the critical selection process when we have said that we don't want them on the show because they're too fragile, that they're not going to do well on the show, and then they're still on there. Anyway, it goes to show what everybody has suspected and what everybody has argued for so long, is that through seven seasons, there is only three successful couples that have come out of Maths. And I think think to be an expert on that show, especially somebody who is a doctor who has dedicated their life to studying and has real credentials. It's almost unconscionable and unethical to sit on a board of that show and say, yes, we're doing this because we think it's a great social experiment where we're hoping that these couples will bring up the best in each other, where we're encouraging them to work through their problems. Because quite frankly, if you met a guy in real life and they treated you the way that some of these men have treated the women within the first or second episode, you would get up and walk the f away. First day, first day, you would like or like on the honeymoon, you would leave. And we would say to our friends, we would say to anybody that we cared about, if a man or woman treated you like that, you would walk out.
Speaker 2: Imagine I had gone on a date with a guy and on the date he ranked me out of his dates for the last two weeks, and he ranked me as like the fourth best hottest date. And I came and told you.
Speaker 1: That, As if you would say to me, give him a.
Speaker 2: Go, though maybe it could work your way up to number one, wouldn't never happen. As if I would even finish the meal, I'd probably like take both of his in a doggy bag and runt.
Speaker 1: You guys know that I'm still kind of sick for it. I'm not hating on it completely. You're still gonna watch it. I'm still gonna watch it. It's hugely entertaining, and I think that the reason why I'm going to continue to watch it, and one of the reasons why I do enjoy the show is not because I expect that any couples are going to come out of it successful, and it's not that I expect that anyone's mental health is going to come out of it better than when they went in. It's because I do think that the show creates some really interesting conversations around relationships. I think it really puts a spotlight on bad behavior, and like, there's so many things that we have spoken about off the back of that show, things like gas larding, things like narcissistic personality disorder, things like you know, this whole idea of being honest and how that's used as a cloak of forgiveness for someone's bad behavior.
Speaker 2: We do want to make a point too, We've seen it's not just the males. We've seen the females gaslining the men as well, like.
Speaker 1: It's this is sick both ways. Now it's time for the part your favorite part of every episode, which is accident filtered. That was my favorite part. That was so overly enthusiastic. It's fine, I'm here for it. I'm gonna go first. Okay, So a few years ago, I went on this two week cruise with some friends. It was amazing.
Speaker 2: We were having the best time, and then this one night I started getting on with this really cute guy.
Speaker 1: We took it back to my room. I've missed this, That's what I've missed this.
Speaker 2: We took it back to my room, and it started to get pretty hot and heavy, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I think they were having sex.
Speaker 2: At one point, I really needed to pee, so I got up and I went to the bathroom just to do a quick little WHI.
Speaker 1: When I came back, we continued to get it on, but I noticed that the fitted sheet on the bed was missing.
Speaker 2: I was so confused, and I just casually asked, Oh, where did the sheet go? He responded, Oh, I don't know. I didn't really think much of it, as I thought we had just kicked it off. During the sex. He ended up leaving the room by the end of the night. When we all woke up in the morning, one of my friends started cleaning up around the room. He noticed something shoved underneath the table. He pulled it out and legitimately shouted, what the actual, Oh my god, did you shit yourself? I turned around and he was holding up the fitted sheet from the bed and there was legitimately a huge shit on it.
Speaker 1: I burst out laughing.
Speaker 2: I was so confused as to what happened until I remember this guy obviously did a shit in the sheet. When I went to do my two minute WII. I explained to my friends what had happened, but they do not believe me, and they still to this day think I shipped the bed.
Speaker 1: I am so confused by this. What guy is taking a dump in bed in the time it took her to go and do a two minute WHII? That's actually you know what poose take a while. There's a lot of energy and effort that has to go im yourself comfortable. So she's fucked.
Speaker 2: She's gone to do it. She's like, excuse me, I'm doing a WII. He's what cross his mind to be like this? Is the perfect time to do my shit. I will take the sheet off, shit to the sheet, wrap it up and hide it under the table and think that she won't. But also I think, what he's funny, is this my picture? She comes back from the bathroom. There's only two of them in the room. She's been gone for two minutes. She's like, where's the sheet.
Speaker 1: He's like, well, I don't know, Like what could have happened to the sheet that you don't know? Not two minutes? Okay, they must have been drinking. Firstly, because that's why you're like, oh, maybe the sheet wasn't there. Maybe maybe we pulled it off. I don't know. But secondly, my question is was it a solid log, Like what was the consistency because maybe he had just done a fart and it accidentally came through.
Speaker 2: No, she said there were marks down there, like puh marks if he's wipe his butt with it as well, he's done a pooh, he's wiped the.
Speaker 1: Butt because because this is the other gross thing. She came back and they said they continued to get it on, so he shut wiped the butt, hit it and then continued to get it on with it. He has done this to absolutely f with her, like that's the only reason he has done it to be like like this is like his sick fetish and he does this and then disappears. He'd only do it on a one night stand when he's never gonna see the person again. So bro, you're on a cruise. Shit, you're gonna see them the next day.
Speaker 2: Wow, unless he got like the alcohol poos, you know how sometimes you just really need to go. What if it hit him in that moment. I'm giving the guy a.
Speaker 1: Benefit of doubt.
Speaker 2: What if it hit him in that moment when she was on the whilet and he just had nothing to do? Like what that's what I if if that happened to me. The sheet's the perfect thing.
Speaker 1: If that happened to me, I'd take it dump in the So like.
Speaker 2: If you had to if you're a room and you had to do it done really quickly, like I'm talking you had seconds, what would you grab to do it?
Speaker 1: In a pillow case? Would be better than the sheets? Good call? Like tie it up? Well that one time I took a dumb through my pillow and hurl it out the window into the ocean. Why did you live in the room? Put it in the ocean. Also that I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to litter guys, but like, that's what I would do if I was in that awkward situation.
Speaker 1: Now, my other question is she must have been drunk, because could you imagine how smelly that sheet would have been folded up and put under the bed. Like if you were deeming turd in the corner of your cabins, those aren't big cabins, well, you'd be getting it on and you'd be like, what is this ambient waft of turd that keeps coming through here? That's obviously why he did a runner too. Wow. I love that. I love the story.
Speaker 2: It's funny, but also I love the fact that, like there's no escape, she's going to seem somewhere on the cruise the next day.
Speaker 1: I hate sometimes we get these stories that come in and I'm like, they're just vastly unbelievable, but I'm also here for it, and I remember some of the fed up ship that's happened in my life, and then I'm like, oh, well, maybe that did happen to that person, and it makes me feel a little bit better about myself. Do you have one? I do have one, And the reason why this is so funny. Actually, maybe i'll read out the story to you and then I'll tell you why I think this is so funny. All right, here it is. I started dating this guy and one day he asked me over. At the time, he was flatting with his older sister and she had gone out with her partner for the afternoon. I hadn't met it yet, and the plan was that we were going to have a barbecue together in the evening. Things got a little bit steamy as no one was home yet, and we made a dash to the bedroom to get down and dirty. So he puts on a condom, grabs a bottle of lube to get the situation a little bit slippery, and off we went. About five seconds in, I knew that something wasn't right. I know what this is. All of a sudden, my lady bits were on fire. I gasped, and I pushed him off me. I was panicking and could hardly speak because the pain was so bad. What the hell did you fucking use? He innocently held up a bottle of shampoo. I didn't have any loubs, so I thought this would be okay, hardly knowing the layout of the house. I flew out of the bedroom completely naked. The pain was so bad I jumped in the freezing cold shower, threw my legs up in the air, and positioned myself under the stream of water, trying to stop the burning. After thirty minutes, I tried to get out, but the pain started again. He finally came in to check on me and asks, H, So, my sister's home and she's getting kind of angry because you're using all the shower water. I have ever met the sister yet. Once I softly rinsed myself off and contained the fire between my legs, I sheepishly made my way out like a drowned rat. The barbecue was on, and by the looks on everyone's faces, my situation had been made in use. I took it on the chin and we've been together for six more years. Okay, have you ever been in a situation where someone's used something other than lubricant?
Speaker 2: I was trying to think this. I absolutely have not, But my sister has I fucking out her on the podcast.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, everyone knows, Sherry, what have they used?
Speaker 2: We are going to get a Sherry on to do an episode.
Speaker 1: She can tell her own story. Then Sherry's like, so it turns out peanut butter is not a very good lubricant, especially when you have analogy, but it is good for car bloating. Okay. No. So I started reading this accidentally unfiltered out to Matt and I was like, is this funny? And I was having good chuckle to it. I got to the point where I was like, my lady bits are on fire. And Matt goes, oh, did he use shampoo? Oh? So this is a thing, And I was like, I am sorry, how did you know that? How did you know that the answer to this accidentally unfiltered with shampoo? And he goes, oh, I've done it before. He's like, that was me to a girl in the shower. So it turns out that it's mad my partner has had sex with another woman. I mean, firstly, that's one thing I've got to overcome. And then we know that with another woman in a shower and he's dumped half a bottle of shampoo up a vagina and apparently it's not the thing to use for lup. Why do men think that this is okay?
Speaker 2: How do they think that that is not going to be a problem for the woman's vagina.
Speaker 1: I would prefer a man used conditioner than you shampoo. I don't think you should be.
Speaker 2: Putting anything anything at all, not even like the only thing I would probably use coconut. That's what's gonna say. That's actually the funny thing with my sister's story, but I'm not gonna know.
Speaker 1: I want to tell you so bad. Al Right, guys, I think that's another episode. I think we've told enough for what I do want to say, though, enough.
Speaker 2: If you guys are listening to this and you know that your partner or someone has used something that they really shouldn't use for lube, we want to know about.
Speaker 1: It because I want to read it out next week.
Speaker 2: I want to know the weirdest, most wonderful things you guys have tried to use.
Speaker 1: To get it on. I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, we have done a lot of talking. We have covered a lot this morning.
Speaker 1: But there is one thing that I've been dying to chat about, and I know you have all been dying to chat about, and that is the fact that we've been on break for five weeks and we had a good reason.
Speaker 2: That is because Superwoman over here had a baby. She pushed a baby out of a vagina, a very.
Speaker 1: Big baby with a very big head, but a very very cute baby. I've also already lactated all down the front of myself whilst we've been recording this episode. Okay, I didn't want to say a full on wet patch on one side of my shirt.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to say anything, but I was looking at you before and I could see the patch because I knew that Lola was almost due for feed and I was like, do you know what, I'm not going to rub this in a face. I'm not going to embarrass I'm not embarrass you.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to bring it up. I'm just gonna let it talk.
Speaker 2: She's in the middle of a spiel about married at first sight, but the patch was growing in front of my eyes, and I thought it was really cute.
Speaker 1: I've never ever embarrassed. But it's really funny that your tits actually say to you, like your boobs, go feed your child, feed your child. Okay, you get a tingling sensation in your nipples and then all of a sudden, you're just lactating down the front of yourself.
Speaker 2: But we do have a very very cute new member that is part of the Life Uncut family, and that is little Lola Ellis. So congratulations, Laura.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm in. It was so weird because we've spoken to each other so many times, I know, but like, I feel like it's weird.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm about to interview, like you're not the podcast host.
Speaker 1: But so much for having me here. He's coming on Life on Card. As you guys probably already know as well, Britt kept on referring to the fact that if I ended up having a girl, because Matt and I were so convinced that it was a boy, if we had a girl, the name was after Britney. And I'm sure you now have all put two and two together that Britt thinks that I have named Lola because Britt likes to use the term lol. It kills me on Lola Derby, That's what it was, many many different different variations of lol. But anyway, No, I didn't name my child that. It was almost the reason why I changed my child's name. But the fir forever, I always thought that if I hadn't, I always thought if I had another girl, I would name her Lola, and I wasn't going to let Britney Hockley ruin it for me anyway.
Speaker 2: You named your child after me, whatever. You had a complicated pregnancy, I don't want to say complicated, but you were really unwell for a long time. You were far more unwell with Lola than you were with Mali, especially towards the end. And there were a few episodes at the end where Laura, you know, that she couldn't make it onto the podcast, and we had Matt feel in for her. We did reiterate at the time that if that ever happens, there is a solid reason. And Laura was in and out of hospital at the end, which we didn't really want to go into. Laura didn't really want to go into at the time because there were bigger things for her to worry about, which was obviously the health of her child. Laura, you can jump into that. Things went downhill pretty rapidly at the end there.
Speaker 1: Well. I guess one of the things that I experienced in this pregnancy, which I didn't experience in Maley's pregnancy like Marley's, was it was easy, Like honestly, I felt like this pregnant unicorn and I almost kind of hated talking about my pregnancy with Marley at the time because I felt like I couldn't relate to other people who had had really challenging pregnancies. And then I felt like I was that asshole who was like, being pregnant is wonderful. And then spoiler, this time not quite the case. I was in and out of hospital only because I was having to go into hospital for pain. It wasn't like I was kept in hospital. I couldn't manage the pain that I was having with Lola. And basically, I'm sure some of you will remember, we didn't ask guncut episode, and I genuinely thought I had gone into labor a few days earlier and Matt had filled in for me. But what was happening is that that feeling of thinking I was going into labor I had started to happen more frequently and it had gotten way more intense. So there's a thing that some people experience, or most pregnant women experience, which is called Braxton Hicks.
Speaker 2: And it's like the old phantom labor, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm getting you ready, and like it can be painful, but it shouldn't be so painful that you cannot speak or move, and you're on the floor on your hands and knees in agony, screaming. So I was having these contractions which were happening like really rhythmically every sort of eight minutes or so, then down to five minutes and down to four minutes, and the pain was so severe that I couldn't walk or talk or do anything. And by the end of it, I was in hospital and I had been given more phaine to try and deal with the pain, but I wasn't in labor. They didn't know why I was having this pain. They couldn't explain to me what was going on. But the problem is, so it never ever eventuated into actually becoming labor. And what the only thing that they could kind of tell me that I had is And it's kind of a blame a term for when they don't really know what's wrong with you. And it's called irritable uterus. And so I don't think anyone ever wants an irritable or anything. You don't want an irritable bell, you don't want to be irritated. You don't want to irritable uterus basic, or an irutable boyfriend. I always had an irritable boyfriend. I originally was with the public hospital, and I was going through public at Royal Women's and I ended up transferring to be with a private obstetrician who was amazing, And I just had this wild anxiety this time that something was going to be wrong with the baby. And I didn't experience that with Marley. I always felt really confident and really fine during my pregnancy with Marley, but this time I was convinced that there was going to be something wrong with Lola because of everything that had been happening. So what happened was is I went in and had some tests done whilst I was having this pain. I went and had some ultrasounds, and they went and did some measurements. They checked the baby's heart rate and everything, and some of the measurements came back abnormal. But they sent me home at the time because they didn't have the right obstrition in there and everything else was like see normal, And my paint had started to go away, so they were like, look, go home, monitor it and we'll give you a call in a few days. So a few days later, I got a phone call from my midwife, and my midwife had said we need you to come back in and have another test done because there was some levels for the baby that were abnormal. This at this time, I was about thirty six weeks pregnant, and I was like, okay, what are those levels and what's abnormal? And what's abnormal? Yeah, and they were like, look, there's some fluid on the baby's brain and we need to test because it could be a sign that your baby has feedal anemia. And this is all over the phone call, and I was like, okay, what does feedle anemia mean? So if the baby has feedle anemia, then what could that indicate? And then the midwife said, you know, if the baby does have fetal anemia, we then need to rule out another thing, which is called hydrops. And of course, like when someone tells you a word on the phone, you're like, I'm going to google what that is. Right, So this has happened on the Monday, and she said you need to come back in on the Friday for this test to be done. And I was like, okay, well they need to rule out this thing high drops. What the hell's hydrops? So I obviously looked up high drops on my computer.
Speaker 2: Of course, which is the worst thing, Like, it's actually what that nurse did was not right. She should never have dropped that on you and then said see you in five days.
Speaker 1: See you in five days. So high drops is actually called hydrops fatalis. It's a fatal illness that some babies have and basically, once they're born, they have no more than I think it's a ten percent survival rate, and it's because of this fluid that forms in their body and on their brains. I just went into absolute panic mode. And it was because I had been given this term and I didn't know what to do with it, and I was told that I had to wait five days to have it ruled out. That this was a possibility. Of course, when you.
Speaker 2: Google anything and anything medical, you're going to read every single thing about it, and you're going to read all the horror stories and you're going to think worst case scenario.
Speaker 1: And that's absolutely what you did, absolutely and I are called Matt. I called Matt straight away and I was like, I've just had this chat with the midwife and you know, the levels of what was tested are not normal, and then they want to do more tests to rule out this thing that they've told me about on the phone that is completely fatal. At thirty six weeks, I was hysterical and Paul Matt was also hysterical. And it was at that point that we made the decision that we were going to go through a private obstetrician because we wanted to have one point of contact from then on and we wanted to be able to get the test done sooner, just because I couldn't. I couldn't wait in this limbo of five days not knowing if anything was going to be okay. It was the worst five days I think I have ever had, and to stress and anxiety being told that this could be what your baby has, which is non viable and non viable pregnancy, and then no support from that after it gob smacks me and you know what, Look, everything is absolutely fine. Lalla is so healthy and she's beautiful. And once I did go with the private obstetrition and we had a secondary lot of tests done, it turned out that, you know, that all the levels had gone back down to normal, so something had gone wrong when I was having this pain. It was obviously affecting the baby, and the baby was in distry because that's why all these levels were elevated, and then when the pain had gone away, the levels went back down to normal. So it was something that was managed, and then I had a really really great experience with my obstetrician for the next sort of two and a half weeks, I guess before I actually had Lola, But there was a lot of questions that came in when I put it up on my social media, like you know, what do you guys want to know? A lot of people asked why was I induced? And that was the reason why I was induced, because they got to the point where they were like, Okay, we don't really know what's going on. We don't really know why there is a problem here, but we do know that you're at a point now where the baby is better off out than in, and we can manage any problems if those problems arise. And she was born and she was three point six kilos and she was absolutely perfect. So it's just like I literally had a goosebumps, I know, especially like seeing your friend go through something like that, like watching you go through that.
Speaker 2: I felt like when you had your miscarriage. We had a really great conversation about that. Guys, If you haven't listened to that episode about Laura going through a miscarriage, and then as a friend, what you can do to be there watching anyone that you love go through a situation like that and there's nothing you can do. There's absolutely heartbreaking. So when I remember when you were like, I'm just going to drop all this money for the next two weeks, you only had like a few weeks left, You're like, I don't even care. I just want to get the best person to relieve your stress and anxiety. And when you were like, the baby's healthy and fine and everything's gona be fine. I just can't imagine the relief you had.
Speaker 1: But also I think maybe that not even maybe it absolutely played into it hugely. I think once you've experienced miscarriage, it's really difficult to have a pregnancy where you don't have any anxiety around the baby's health or around what's going to happen. So I think the whole time I was pregnant with Lola, I found it really difficult to connect with the fact that I was pregnant. I found it really difficult to enjoy the pregnancy, and I at no point did I ever feel like, yes, I'm absolutely going to have this baby. I know that sounds crazy, but for the whole thirty eight weeks, I still had it in the back of my head that maybe this pregnancy was temporary and maybe it was not going to happen. So when I thought I was receiving that bad news, I was like, of course, like this is what my biggest fear has been realized, and this is what I have thought this whole pregnancy is. Even now at this point, with Lola being four weeks old, I still haven't completely overcome that fear and anxiety. Like I still sometimes look at her and she does very normal newborn things, and I think, is that normal? Is there something wrong with her? And I'm really struggling to overcome those thoughts.
Speaker 2: At the moment, I think that's really normal though literally obviously not coming from experience. But I remember my dad saying to me when I Sherry and I like his two baby girls. When Sherry and I went on this route on the world trip, we were like in the most dangerous countries in South America. I remember him just saying to me, let me know when you get home, even at like let me know when you get to the next country or whatever. And I remember being like, Dad, your helicopter parenting at you know, we're twenty six, twenty seven, twenty eight years old. And he was like, pretty, I don't think you understand as a parent, it never ends. He's like, I will never get a proper night sleep. Ever, while you're Galivationian on the other side of the world, He's like, the stress and the worry from the day you're born until the day they die, it's always going to be there. It's just something else just presents itself in a different way. Like when they're young and their newborns, it's you know, is something wrong that they can't tell me about? And then when it's old her is someone going to hurt them?
Speaker 1: Are they going to.
Speaker 2: Fall her at school? They've been bullied, something going to happen to me in another country? Like I think that what you're feeling now, it will never go away, It'll just evolve.
Speaker 1: Well, there's that beautiful quote, isn't there that having children is literally having your heart walking around on the outside of your body, which it is. And I still sometimes like, look at the person I am now, averse the person I was three or four years ago. And I think there was a time in my life where I didn't want to have kids. Before I met Matt and before like doing the show and everything, I thought, you know what, maybe kids aren't for me, Maybe I won't have children. And I kind of hate that I was that stereotype. I kind of hate that. Then I met someone and changed my mind. But I have so fund of until you changed as a person since becoming a mom, Like I'm far more patient, I'm far more accepting, I'm far more calm in a lot of areas of my life. And then I have such wild anxiety in other areas of my life that I never ever ever would have thought I would be high strung about your pregnancies. For me, I've been. I have been on a roller coaster. Oh god, Brittany, it must have been hard for me in terms of having kids. I mean, like I was the same as you. I was like, you know what, maybe kids aren't for me. That's because I've been single so long.
Speaker 2: I was always doing different businesses and different ideas and traveling. I was like, maybe that's not going to be my life. I didn't feel that craving than when you. I became close with you and you had your pregnancy with Maley. The pregnancy was so beautiful, and it was and Miley so beautiful and perfect. I was like, oh my God, like maybe I want kids. And then your pregnancy with Lola has been such the antithesis of your pregnancy with Maley that when you went through the pregnancy with Lola, I was like, oh, it's the best contraception. I was like, I am not having sex ever again, because you are on all fours. Every day, you were vomiting, every day, you were sick, you're in hospital. I was like, that's my contraception.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Gave me a whole new sense of appreciation for people who struggle with their pregnancies or for people who have challenging pregnancies. I was still vomiting up until the day that Lola was due. And you know the thing that I think people don't talk about is I felt a bit of resentment. And I hate saying this because I don't want this to get picked up in media and get misconstrued, Like I really want to be conscious about how I say this. But I never doubted for one second that I would feel bonded to Mali because I loved my pregnancy with her, and I knew the second she came out, I would love her. But with Lola, the pregnancy was so hard that I felt a little bit resentful, and I even remember saying to one of my girlfriends, I'm worried that when Lola is born, I will feel resentful for how sick I have felt and for how hard this has been. And you know, that feeling definitely absolved the moment that she was born. But she's a more challenging baby than Mally was. Like she is awake all the time, she cries all the time. She's a very, very different type of baby, and the experience has been a lot harder. But I do think the good thing about having a second child is that the first time with Marley, I do think the good thing is that she's the second child, and the first time with Marley. I mean, when you very first become a parent, you kind of have this fear of like, I'm never going to sleep again, I'm never gonna get my body back, I'm never going to get my life back. And then all of a sudden, they're two years old, Like time just goes so quickly, and so this time around, even though it has been more challenging with her in the world, physically, like she just is a more demanding baby than Mally was. I have a really great perspective of the fact that this time period is so short and it's going to go so quickly, and so I don't feel like I'm getting as hung up on the lack of sleep, on the tire tiring nature of it, of like how draining it all is, because I'm like, hey, this is just a phase, will be there. You definitely lulled into a false sense of security with Marley, like she tricked you big time. If you had Lola first, you probably wouldn't have had another care. I'd be like, mat, go get your tubes died, your tube side you sleep. This is how sleep to pride you are literally. But let's talk. I guess see your birth story.
Speaker 2: It obviously didn't go to plan as such because you did were induced and had to have the baby earlier. So I guess talk is through the story how it happened and how it differed from how you imagined it might happen.
Speaker 1: So I really really wanted to not be induced this time because I was induced with Marley, and I really wanted to have the experience of a natural birth, whatever that is. And it didn't happen. I was actually induced on the Tuesday, which was the tuesday that our last episode came out.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we will talk about this too. This woman is ridiculous, but we'll get to that.
Speaker 1: I was induced. I mean, I've done childbirth. I know it's painful, and I'd also had these series of like weird contraction, painful things happening that I was adamant. I didn't really want to feel any pain this time around. So I got in there to the hospital. I sat down on the bed. I wasn't even in labor. I wasn't even strapped up to the oxytocin, which is how they induced you. I hadn't even had my waters broken yet, and I was like, can I just get the epidural. She's in the car, she finds a head, She's like, can you get that ready? And then yeah, and the obstitution was like, actually, we like you to be an established labor. We like you to be having rhythmic contractions before we give you an epi durol And I was like, no, that's not gonna work for me. Don't want to feel it.
Speaker 2: Is labor a prerequisite for the epidural.
Speaker 1: Just sticking him. I've got an email I need to send out and I've got a bit of work to still do. Can I please get that epidurol now? Thanks? Yeah. I was completely completely different with this pregnancy because like the first time, I felt like I needed to experience the pain. They felt like I needed to justify the epidural to myself.
Speaker 2: Which is crazy, isn't it. It's like the fact that people I have heard women say before too, They're like, I feel like I'm cheating. I feel like I didn't even like I feel like I'm cheating myself in the world by not going through a painful labor.
Speaker 1: But I don't think. Sometimes the world has other plans. We yeah, and that is drugs. It's so funny. So Laura's like, I'm like, tell me when you own into labor, and we did. She literally was.
Speaker 2: Going to labor on the last episode. So guys, like, this woman did not have a break. We did not have a break. We worked up until the last hour, which was a whole nother story. But she's like, I'm like, tell me when you're going too labor. She messaged me. She's like, cool, it's happening. Wearing labor I'm like amazing. I was like, you go have your baby, like, I'm so excited. We're a small business. Business doesn't stop. So I'm like, you go have your baby. I'm going to look after things. And I could see these business emails coming in that are like joined, They're addressed to Laura and Brittany so that they're never ever missed. So I'm like, go have your baby. I'm going to look after business. WHOA see you in like a week or two. I'm in the email trying to reply to these business emails and Laura's emails are popping up from Laura to the to our bosses, and I'm like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: What are you like? I was like, hang on, I'm like just wait a minute.
Speaker 2: I messages Laura back and I'm like, babe, like, you're having an actual baby right now. I've got this covered. Leave it with me. I'm all good, and she's like.
Speaker 1: Nah, I'm in between contractions. I'm good. I'm like, you are literally you are literally contracting and pushing a baby.
Speaker 2: She's like, nah, nah, I can't feel much right now, so I just get some stuff done.
Speaker 1: Guys. I want to tell you epidurals are the shit. You can do anything after you have an epidural. So I had finally gotten the epidural after much persuasion, and then I was like a bit bored, thought I'd get back on the emails.
Speaker 2: It was ridiculous and I was always like, I was like, you need to I just don't know how to block you from email. I can't do anything about it. You're ridiculous. But let's get into some questions.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, but you think that's ridiculous. Whilst I was having contractions, Matt was making TikTok videos, which I think is way worse. That does not surprise me in the slightest No, it doesn't. See it would have been like content moment. Look, I mean I was in labor, like so, once my waters were broken and I was given epidural and I was, you know, having contractions consistently. I was in labor for ten hours. But when it came to actually pushing, after I was ten centimeters dilated, I only had to push for seventeen minutes before so she was out, which was like maybe six different pushes. Yeah, you can't give up that ten hours of work, ten hours of some cushy labor to push for seventeen minutes. It was that the labor and the birth was absolute chalk and cheese to Malie. Because Marley's birth, her pregnancy was easy, her as a baby was easy. Her birth, I would say her birth was very traumatic, whereas Lola's birth was an absolute, just angelic moment. It was so easy. But do you know what, then, this is something that we don't talk about enough as women. One in three women would describe their birth experience as traumatic. And obviously trauma is defined very differently from different people. You know, it's a very personal experience and so the definition of trauma is subjective. But I definitely don't think that And this is not to scare anyone. This is not to try and like strike the fear of God in you if you are pregnant. But I don't think we talk about what labor and birth is really like enough. And I think that a lot of people go into birth thinking it's not going to be what it is, or the experience is very different to what they're prepared for, because I think the actual mechanics around how it's going to feel, what your body experiences, what you can breathe away, and what you actually can't breathe away because you know, there is only so much of the pain that you can physically woosor breathe and breathe out that you're you know that you can kind of get on top of. And I think that every person is so different in how they manage and interpret pain. Every person is so different about how they feel about their body that for some people it is honestly one of the most traumatic and full on experiences that you're ever going to have. And for some people, you know, it's scared than when it comes to having their second baby. And I think that's why it's important to talk about the things that no one wants to talk about, because it's more realistic. But one of the number one questions that came in Laura, I am very curious about it too. Did you shut yourself when you're pushing?
Speaker 2: Did you also push a little poop pooh out?
Speaker 1: Everyone tell you this was the number one question. You're all a bunch of sickos. It was the number one question that I got asked. What came in two parts? Ay, did you shot yourself? B If that was yes, did you shoot yourself in front of Matt Okay? I hand on my heart. And do you know what the funny thing is is that the amount of people who then wrote back being like, of course you poohed yourself, because everyone who gives birth poohs theirself. Hand on my heart. I, in both pregnancies have never pooed in front of Matt, nor have I poohed during birth. Interesting, however, I know that that is super abnormal, but it is also to do with the fact that I took some laxatives for two days before, so you prepared for it, so you didn't poo yourself. No, okay, I didn't do it because I didn't want to pooh in front of Matt. I couldn't care less like I mean whatever, We've done everything in front of each other. It wasn't to do with that. It's because I am so petrified by the first pooh after birth that I made sure that I was clean as a whistle so I could go for as long as possible with having to pay. Why are you petrified on the first pooh after birth? So? Okay? Celest Barber has actually described this. She says that the first pooh after birth, this is very in depth. Guys. I'm kind of gross, but I'm gona tell you anyway. Celest Barber says that the first pooh after birth is the bravest pooh that anyone will ever do, And I'm pretty brave poos. I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment that there is nothing more petrifying than if you've had stitches and you've had an episiotomy, then doing a Pooh two days or a day after having having a baby. Why is that? Because you think your inside are gonna come out? It just hurts, like painful. It is so painful. Doing a Pooh part was more painful than having Lola. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I guess it's because it's so tender. I've just been through this trauma.
Speaker 1: Well, and you also don't have an epidurol anymore, like all of the drugs have worn off, like all the feel good has gone away, and you're just left with you and your Pooh in a bathroom trying your darnda just to get it out. Like and I remember with Marley how horrible that first pooh was, So I was like really prepared this time. I was like, I am, there ain't going to be anything in that passage and so yes.
Speaker 2: So how many days after into your food like two, Oh my god, yeah, you're an animal.
Speaker 1: There we go clean as we saw. So that's way too much information, but I knew that we were going to get there, so yeah, that soundlike laur A. Now the question that I have did you tear? Did you need stitches? How many did you need? I've never asked how many stitches I've had. So when I had Marley, I had a really really intense like I tore and I had an episiotomy, so that was not in a good way. This time with Lola, they did cut me. I had an episiotomy, and I tore a little bit, but nowhere near the extent of Marley. That was probably the hardest part of this whole birth. I had a lot of anxiety around my past experience with an episiotomy because I when I had Marley the first time, my stitches got infected and it took a really long time for me to heal properly with my first pregnancy, So when I was pushing and the doctor was like, put your hands down there, you can feel the head, and I was like, all right, I put my hands down there and I was like is that it? And everything just felt so weird. I couldn't tell what I was touching because I was so feeling. One, I was so swollen, and two I was like, that's you, Glitterius turn around and he goes, ah, you would hope that's the head. He's like, you'd be in a real state of worry if that was your vagina, and I'm like, I don't know anymore, that's all. But yeah, So when he said he needed to give me an a pisiotomy, I was like, I can't. I don't want one. Please don't do that. And it was because I thought it was going to be painful and I thought I would feel it. I didn't feel a thing. The epidural was really great this time. The problem I had with my first pregnancy was that my epidural wasn't strong enough and I felt my whole episiotomy. So that was why Marley's birth was quite traumatic. Was because I had an episiotomy with zero pain medication, which is not something you want to do. I felt like I was being stab or sliced open. Well you literally are like, that's what it is. But yeah, so this time I did have I did have an a pisiotomy, and I did tear, a first degree tear. But honestly, I don't want anyone to hear that and think that that's frightening, because I think we talk about tearing as though it's like the worst thing in the world. It is not as painful as you think it is going to be, especially if you've had any pain medication, and often they'll give you anesthesia anyway they think you're gonna tear. That part of it was fine, the stitches and that were fine. And as soon as you do have your baby, there's this like people talk about that the pain just goes away.
Speaker 2: That's what I wanted to ask, like, do you pull You don't pull a baby out, but do you actually get handed the child? Because you've seen all the movies, it's so glorified that there's this traumatic moment, there's so much pain, they're crying, it's blood, it's poohs, whatever else, and then they put the baby in your arms and then it's like the music starts and all the pain's gone and they glance down the baby and it's just like instant Heaven, is that real?
Speaker 1: It is exactly like that. So I put I did pull all out, so like only her head and her shoulders were out, and then the obstrition was like, you can pull your baby out, and so I bent down and I pulled Lola out, and I pulled her onto my chest. Were you on your back? I was on my back. Yeah, So pulled her out and I pulled her onto my chest. And the pain honestly does go away, or it does for me anyway. Instantly, however, it comes back. Yeah, that's a fleeting moment. So it goes away, and you think you're in the clear, and this is the problem, and this is what I did that I would really like, maybe think about it before you do what I did. I was like, oh, I feel great. I want to go have a shower. I want to go home. I'd literally just given birth. I want to go home. I don't want to be in the hospital. So I left as soon as I was able to, which was eight hours after I'd given birth. We got out of the hospital. And what I didn't realize at the time, one, going home to a toddler is really really hectic, and I probably should have had some more time to rest. But two, I was so jacked up on pain medication that I couldn't fucking feel anything now. And when I got home, that's when everything hit me. That's when the pain hit me. And you just don't have the ability to lay down and take it as easy at home as what you would do at the hospital. And I think when you're at hospital, people treat you differently. They treat you in a little bit more of a fragile way, whereas when you get home, people like, oh, you're home, so you're fine, get on with it. And so I was getting up and getting people cups of tea twelve hours after giving birth, and in my mind, I was like, what is this? This is crazy? And I was someone else not bringing me the tea? Yeah, and I was in so much pain. And then I had other people were at my house holding my baby whilst I was up getting them cups of tea, and I just thought, this is not right. Is wild to me, and this is not right. So I wish, in retrospect, I had spent more time allowing myself to recover. I just want to put a disclaimer in there that that was not me. And he was like, you're very good at making tea, though this is not a subtle swipe. So I guess, well, that's a good question. What is the one thing.
Speaker 2: That you wish you knew more of, or you wish people talked more of, or you wish was done differently about birth that people aren't speaking about, like one thing maybe you think you someone had spoken about before you went and gave birth.
Speaker 1: I think that in our society, and it's definitely something that I am guilty of. But I think that we congratulate an overly reward women who get on with life quickly after having a baby. And it almost said like, look, how great, Look how far she bounced back, look at her back doing Yeah, oh you left the house after a week, congratulations, you're so amazing. I think that then it also puts pressure on people to feel like that they should be doing that and they should be achieving after giving birth. Birth is so different for every single person. Some people physically cannot leave the house for three weeks after having a baby. I know that with Mary, I physically shouldn't have left the house for three weeks after having her, but I felt like I needed to be achieving still. I was going back to work. I was like, you know, on my emails, I felt like I needed to be doing stuff.
Speaker 2: Almost like you have something to prove exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: And I do think that we because we reward people and we say, oh, like, congratulations, I wasn't able to get out of the house when I had my baby at that age, or you know, like it sets this precedent that we can do everything, and as women, yeah, sure we can do everything. We're fucking amazing. We shouldn't have to, but we shouldn't have to and we shouldn't want to. You know, if there's ever going to be a time in life where you're allowed to take time out to heal, to be in a quiet space to really connect with your child, it's straight after giving birth. And if that takes you two weeks, if that takes you two months, if that takes you six months, I'm not leaven the house for a year. But honestly, though, like, if it takes you, it's just it's the most all encompassing change that you're ever going to experience that you really should be allowed to afford yourself the time to adjust to that change. And we are going to do an episode on this. It's the idea of the constant hustle and the harder you're working and the harder you're hustling, and the person that's sleeping the least amount is the person that must be succeeding. We will do an episode on that.
Speaker 2: But I also think it's a type of habit. I'm guilty of this. I don't have kids, but I'm guilty of the idea of I can't ever have time where I'm not doing something productive. And I know only.
Speaker 1: Other person I know that's an extremist in that sense is you.
Speaker 2: It's almost like, for so many years you've been so busy because you have been building your own businesses, and then you've had babies. You don't know how to not do anything. Like you physically, I know, you cannot sit there and really do nothing. Even if you're sitting there feeding and watching TV, you'll have one hand on an email.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's this misleading narrative that busy equals successful, you know. And also like, as women, we have been fed this idea that you can have it all. You know, you can have the babies, you can have the career, you can have the relationship, you can have the social network, and like, yes, we can have those things, but you can't have them all at the same time because the only thing that's going to do is give you immense burnout. I mean, I know that we've spoken about that in season one. We did a whole episode on you know you can't have it all at the same time, But I really think that that's something, especially now that we have added a whole new member to the mix, we should probably rehash that and talk about that because I really do think that there is such an extreme amount of pressure that we put on ourselves to just be fucking good at everything, and sometimes you have to stop and take time out for yourself and go, you know what, doing nothing is actually a bit of mental health and a bit of self care.
Speaker 2: I'm not kidding when I say this, and this, guys, is going to sound ridiculous. I'm aware of that. I just want to highlight something in my life. I am struggling and this year you're gonna laugh because you've just got two kids. In business, I am struggling to have a relationship successfully right now, just with other businesses. I've never had it, so I don't know. I've never had to share my time and it's such a little thing. I'm aware of that, but it's something I'm having to renavigate I'm like, how do I give so much of my time to someone else now when I have to be giving so much of my time to my work. And it's just something I'm having to navigate at a really, really small base level, and I will figure it out. So I can't imagine what it's like for people like you that have kids, that have a business and trying to have a relationship and trying to have a social life and do everything else.
Speaker 1: Well, what it does is like it makes me feel like a failure in other aspects of my life. So when I I feel like I'm being a good mum, I'm being a shit friend. When i feel like I'm being great at work, I'm being a shit mum. I never feel like I'm good at everything at the same time, And it's a constant battle with guilt that I play. And I think a lot of women play this battle where you know you've fed this idea that you can be great at everything and you just physically can't. And I know, I do think that Instagram is such a bullshit, fake show, Oh my god, such a dumpster fire, And sometimes I feel guilty about playing into that and perpetuating that storyline. You know, people write to me and they'll say on Instagram like, oh, like you're doing so well. You know, it's so amazing to see how you are getting out there and going to the zoo and doing stuff with Mali. And you're like, yeah, that was a bloody struggle. Yeah, And I'm like, I am not and that's why I do and I am trying to keep that conversation really authentic, but like, I am not succeeding. Like we have Tampa tantrums. I've not seen any of my friends in five weeks since Lla was born. I mean, I've seen you, but apart from you, I've not seen anybody else. And I'm like a fake friend. Really no, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: We see each other to work as well, like you're two birds one stone.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think that social media plays such a huge role in perpetuating that idea that we can do everything. I agree. Thank you, You're doing a good job of keeping it real, all right.
Speaker 2: I want to know about after birth after what happens do you?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a your birth, like there is a there's literally an after birth, but then you have these am I correct me if I'm wrong? You have these pains after the birth, and like you don't just go back to normal, and you're like if vagina gets tired and you don't experience anything else. Like I remember you coming over and you're like, oh, I've got to change my path and I was like what, yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like what's that about. So for anybody who hasn't had a baby, then this might be information you don't know. If you have had a baby, you'll be like, oh, yeah, I've been there. So you bleed for a long time after having a baby. So I think we're on a week five now and I'm still bleeding. Really see, I didn't know that. Yeah, I think it's usually around six weeks. But if for everybody it's different. I mean, I know for one of my close girlfriends it was ten weeks, and for one of my friends it was only three and a half weeks, So it really varies. But you have very heavy bleeding after having a baby that continues for quite a substantial amount of time, and it obviously tapers off over time. I had a lot of blood clots this time, so it's pretty frightening to go to the bathroom and to have a blood clot the size of amandarin fall out of you and be like, oh, that's like a second child. I think my servix had just fallen out of somebody fell into the toilet. Oh look at that pro lapse there, guys. Whoops you. But I had a lot of clots after having Lola, so basically I had given birth and then had to You have to birth the placenta, which sounds weird, but they also can give you an injection. So after having Lola, the nurse came to me and was like, do you want the injection which will help you to have contractions to get the placenta out, And it means that the placenta comes out in one piece instead of it being broken or bit's being left behind. And I was like, yep, I've had every other drug. Give me some more. Get her out. So my placenter came out really easily. And the placenta is weird. It's like your body creates a whole other organ. It's an organ that is grows just for the purpose of birth, and then you get rid of it and it's massive and it smells weird.
Speaker 2: The whole thing is weird. People eat it too. I have had friends that they sent them plus center off.
Speaker 1: That not kidding. They send them plus center.
Speaker 2: Off and there are people that make it into capsules because it's I mean, it's the most nutritious thing you can feed your body. It literally is, because it keeps a baby alive. Then they take the tablets.
Speaker 1: I have heard of all this. Look, I have zero judgment in anybody who wants to eat their placenta or who uh puts it in their hair, whatever you want to do with it. Highly nourishing, I know this, but it's not for me. So no, I didn't keep my placenter. They put it in a tray and they probably put it in the bin. But then I had a lot of blood clots after that, so that was something that I had to manage for the next couple of days. Everything after birth is weird, Like when you breastfeed, you get contractions, so that's something people don't know. So every time you feed your baby, you feeding your baby releases a hormone that helps your uterus contract back down to its normal size. So every time you feed for those first couple of days after having a baby, you have a gush of blood again because it's your uterus starting to contract and go back down and it takes several weeks for your uterus to even go back down to the size that it normally was. It's just stuff no one talks about. And the after birth. So those contractions that you have while breastfeeding, they can be incredibly painful, and they can be more and more painful with each consecutive pregnancy. So with Marley, they were painful, but they were top like I could tolerate them. With Lola, I remember I was like I had to go and have a hot shower because I was in agony after feeding Lola, because I felt like I was in labor again. Like that's the level of the contractions that you can have, and no one, no one talks about it. No one says, oh, how did you deal with your after birth pains? Have two ends, have two panadoles and two neuropan and a lie down. You know, women tell you women are not given enough credit.
Speaker 2: I'm being like, from the day you conceived, the whole time till it's already out and you're still feeding after and you're stilling agonies like women men should be cherishing the ground we walk on.
Speaker 1: But the you know, and I know that everyone says this, but like the female body is so incredible what it can achieve and what it can do, and how it goes back to what it was like, that's the thing that it still blows my mind. I mean when I was pregnant, I was telling you guys all about my swollen vagina. Hey, I do have a question. It's back to normal. I looked down literally about five days after having Laula, and I was like, that's the vagina I remember. Good to see you.
Speaker 2: So it's gone back to normal. Great love that for you. Happy congrass. I literally ran out and showed man. I was like, look, it's back.
Speaker 1: Get on me. No, not yet, not until I'm on birth control. I'm not having another baby for a while.
Speaker 2: Has he tried your breast milk? And has he done it from nimble?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Was that a question that came in over Instagram? No, it was just mebeing a Sico. Okay, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: He he always said he was going to try it, but he never actually has. However, I'll I would, I would try it. I would try it. However, I was sitting in the bath and Matt was like fully closed, sitting on the toilet having conversations. So I was laying in the bath and we were just chatting. And sometimes when you have a hot shower of hot bath, your boob will just start leaking because the hot, the steam and everything just gets your milk flowing. So I like, my boob just started spraying milk in the bath and we're having a chat and he was like, how far can it spray? And I was like, I, reckon, I could hit you with it from here if I try it well, like a squeeze yeah, And he was like, nah, shut up, and I was like, yeah, I reckon, I could squirt you with it, and he was like really, And then in the same action, I sq straight across the face. I just squeeze it to do that. Well. I even surprised myself. I didn't actually think it was dinner hit him in the face, but it hit him straight across the face. So did he try it then lick it off his shoe? Jesus, No. I don't think that's sick. I think that's normal. I think there's going to be a lot of people listening to this podcast who are going to turn it off at this point. I don't think no.
Speaker 2: I think tasting breast milk, like I reckon, A lot of people will be the opposite.
Speaker 1: I reckon, A lot of people will be like, yeah, of course we tried it. Isn't it weird though that we think trying our own human breast milk is weird, but we're quite okay with drinking cow's milk, isn't that? This is my point? Have you tried your own breast milk? Yeah, of course I've tried my own breast milk. I thought I was sweet. That's what I try it. Okay, I'm not going to give you my breast milk. Don't be weird. I'm trying not to be weird, but I'm interested. All right, Well, I mean, if you really want it, I can put it in a cup and I'll walk away, and if it's drunk by the time I get back or we know what happens, give me an AREO with it? Okay? So, I mean, do you have any other question? Most of these questions that Britta is asking have actually come from you guys specifically, and come over Instagram, so she's not totally the sick ol in the situation. No, they have come from the Instagram. From the Instagram, I do have some more questions, but they're pretty big ones, and I actually think there is a lot to them that I think will make a whole episode on and that is things like gender disappointment that he s things like baby blues, the feeling that you know, not everyone has a baby and then feels totally fine and gets on with life. Some people feel really down about it, and baby blues is a real thing, oh absolutely, and you know it's a hormone imbalance as well. I mean, I definitely think that we should talk about this idea of gender disappointment. Like you guys all know that I was so convinced that we were having a boy that I definitely wasn't disappointed, but I was shocked and it took me a while to accept the fact that maybe I won't be a mum to a boy. That was something that definitely took me a while to kind of comprehend. And I love Lola and I'm so happy that she is who she is, but at the same time, I was like, I've always thought that I would have a son, and I always believe that I would be a mum to a boy. And I know that Matt felt that exact same feeling, And there's so much to it because you're not allowed to say that you're disappointed by the gender of your child, because you're so lucky and privileged to have a child in the first place, that it's like you can't verbalize those things because it's ungrateful. But it doesn't mean that people don't still feel those feelings, and it doesn't mean that those feelings aren't still real and valid. This is why I think there's a whole topic, you know, a whole big chat. Because I had a good friend that was really open with me. She's got a few kids, but her first child, she for whatever reason, she was just convinced it was a girl. There was no science behind it. She was just convinced it was a girl. Everyone thought it was a girl. Everyone told it was a girl. Everone's like, oh the way he carrying a girl. She wanted a girl.
Speaker 2: She was always gonna be happy with whatever she'd bought girl things. I came out she had a boy, and she said to me, don't get me wrong, like I'm obsessed with my son. I love him, But I would be lying if I didn't say I had gender disappointment. And I had never heard of it. But it's a thing because she went and spoke to someone about it. And it's not that she doesn't love for him. It's not that she doesn't have the connection, because she did, but it took her a while to get her head around the same thing. She's like, I didn't know what to do with him. I had not let myself even think I was having a boy. He was this boy, and I had dressed him in pink clothes because that's all I had. She literally did not buy anything, so the first couple of days he was like in these pretty questionable outfits. But she was like, I think more people need to speak about it, because it's not taking away from the fact that I'm grateful and I love the child, but I had these feelings.
Speaker 1: It's a real thing.
Speaker 2: And she's spoken to other mothers and they've had it, so I I think a lot of people feel that, but no one feels like they're allowed to talk about it because they think people are going to judge them for not being grateful and not being thankful, and you should just be happy that you have this healthy child. I mean, the reality is that there are people out there who would judge them. You know that there are people who maybe you know, and especially because having a baby, like I said, is such a privilege, and not everybody is able to have a baby in the same way that I can. You know, I can have sex with a man and I can get pregnant and I can have a baby. For those people who struggle, or for those people who have been through pregnancy loss or who have been through child loss, there's this feeling of like, how dare you be ungrateful for what you get because you have received a baby, you know, and that's what some people would want, no matter what it is.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. This isn't a feeling but being ungrateful. No. And the thing is is like those two those two feelings don't have to live that they're separate to each other, do you know what I mean? Like, just because one person feels slightly disappointed or slightly like like they're trying to rationalize their identity now that they are no longer going to be the mum to a boy or the mum to a girl, doesn't lessen anybody else's pain or suffering, you know. Like that's the thing. We need to realize that those two things are very very separate.
Speaker 2: Look, I just do think I find the topic really interesting, and it's not a topic I've heard a lot about. So I would like to do some research more into the idea of gender disappointment. Maybe we can get my friend on that has been throwed if she's happy to Maybe we can get someone else that's really experienced it and is happy to talk about it, because it is something that's happening, and it is something that should be spoken about so that other women that experience it don't feel guilty and don't feel like they're doing something wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think that that's the big thing, right, Like you already feel guilty about fricking everything when you've just had a baby, Like you feel guilty, you know, are you have it? Do you have enough milk? Do you breastfeed? Don't you breastfeed? Is are they sleeping enough? And then when they're screaming and you feel angry because they're screaming all night and you haven't had any sleep, and then you're angry at them, you feel guilty that you're angry at them. So I think it's just another thing in a long list of feeling guilty that you you know, by having conversations about it, we can overcome that normal absolutely, and like you know in saying that, there's been nights where Lola has screamed non stop and I have felt angry. I don't feel loving, I don't feel calm. I just feel like I need to leave you here to cry because you're screaming, just get it gets to somewhere in your soul, like in your inner chest, where you're like, oh, like I cannot stop this. And it's understandable why women feel like they lose their sense of self and they lose control. And it's not that you lose control and you do anything or behave badly, but you just feel like, I'm supposed to love this baby all the time, endlessly, but there are times where you actually feel so soul destroyed and so frustrated that you can't make the situation better. And I think the more that we talk about that and how normal that is, and that it's okay sometimes to walk out of the room and let your baby cry for a couple of minutes while you calm down, I think that we've covered a lot in this episode, and there will be so many more episodes that we are going to be talking about things like this, because it's now huge part of well I guess our life, Like obviously I don't read by proxy. Yeah, I am by DeVault. No, but there's there are so many and it's so interesting when you start talking about there are so many little like subtopics that we can talk about, and we will definitely talk about because Laura and myself, but we're both passionate about normalizing things that aren't really deemed as normal, aren't spoken about enough, or are sort of like pushed under the car. But we've always been big advocates on this podcast and being able to bring these things to light. So we will continue to do that. So don't worry if we haven't answered something in this episode today. Yeah, and you know what, Like I mean, there's gonna be parts of this that aren't relative to people who don't have children or who don't want to have children. But like we say, with everything, in particular the miscarriage conversation, it's always nice to understand other people's experiences so that you know how to relate to someone who is struggling with something and know like the best way to not make the situation worse, you know what I mean, Like to be able to be empathetic and to understand where someone's coming from without saying something or behaving in a way that's dismissive of somebody else's feelings. So I think that there's always something to learn in listening to other people's stories. Hey, gay guys, it is time for the last segment. And we love doing this.
Speaker 2: It's our suck and sweet, our highlight and our low light of the week. Sometimes it's amazing, sometimes it's ridiculous. Sometimes we feel very entitled, but either way, it's just a way to talk about, you know, how your week'spen, what the best thing's been, So Laura, you can kick it off. My suck for the week is Matt has been working heaps, like so much, and he and he got a big job just after I had Lola, So about a week after I had Lola, Matt got contracted for some work and he's been super busy, and it's just meant that I've had a lot of time, which normally I would have a lot more support from him because obviously I work a lot as well, And so it's been a really hard juggle this past week with the two kids and with little sleep, trying to do emails and like I said earlier in the episode, trying to do everything and feeling like you're not doing anything. Well, that's been something I really struggled with this week in general.
Speaker 1: But my highlight for the week, which in one aspect, I'm like, damn you, Lola because it wasn't to me. But Lola smiled for the first time that wasn't a gas smile. So four weeks old is when they kind of start smiling as a reaction to something, and she fully smiled at Matt Woe. So Matt was making some cute faces at her, and she smiled, and I was like, damn you. I spend every day with you all day. Yeah, exactly, Breeze smile at me. You know, her first word is going to be daddy, saddy. Yeah, I hate you, mom. I can't wait for having two thirteen year old daughters who hate me. No, they won't. They love me though they will. I'll be the favorite. Have fun Annie, Okay, Britt, what's your suck? And suite my suck? Probably this is.
Speaker 2: Actually ridiculous, but I'm quite a competitive person in like sports and games and things like that, and the worst person for me to probably date is a professional athlete. There's also very competitive. So we played board game last night, and you would not think that you could get competitive in a board game, but we were like at each other.
Speaker 1: We're on opposite teams.
Speaker 2: He was on the boys team, I was on the girls team, and it was horrific, Like we almost divorced over it. But I think there's gonna be a lot of things. It's not the first time we've played mini golf before, and we've gotten into a brawl playing tennis, Like, I mean, I'm in a competitive I'm in a brawl with him when we play tennis, Like, how can I get competitive with someone that's a professional tennis player. I just think that there's gonna be a lot of these moments in the future where the two of us, who are highly competitive are going to have blowouts because we both want to play sport all the time. I've got to accept that he's a professional athlete. He's probably going to be better.
Speaker 1: I reckon, he's probably gonna beat you. But also, this is not really a suck, Like it's not that bad. No, But that's my point, Like that was the worst thing that happened to me. Life is pretty rosy now in Britney's corner. Sweet, she's in love. I haven't sun for so long. Guys, my sweet, I have two? Is that all right? Oh? Sure, go on, bak the rules? Am I too?
Speaker 2: I think that this is like, I'm so chuffed with both of these. Since I've died my hand blonde, which you guys, I've gone blonde, it's still on me, not gonna have it forever. It was just a phase since I've had my hair blonde. Every day I get someone message to me saying, I'm my god, you look like Jennifer Hawkins. I thought you're Jennifer Hawkins.
Speaker 1: I like that. We laughed so aggressively at that, because if you actually know me in real life, there is nothing about me that resembles Jennifer Hawkins.
Speaker 2: I get that maybe sometimes I photograph on the right angle and I might look one percent like her, but it's really You've all made my whole life.
Speaker 1: Man. You're like hot as the sun. She's hot as the sun.
Speaker 2: Like we're comparison. But I'm frothing that, so thank you. My second suite was that I have had a conversation.
Speaker 1: With Rebel Wilson this week, but like whatever, so Britt asked at Rebel Wilson. She asked her if she'd be on the podcast, and she wrote back and politely declined. But that's still Brittany touching base with an actual, real life celebrity.
Speaker 2: I shot my I shot my shot this week, and I was like, you know, I'm just going to message Rebel because I we all know I love her and like as someone that would love to be an actor in comedy and looking at Rebel Wilson, I just love it. So I was like, gonna shoot my shot message around.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, babe, how are you. We'd love to have you on the podcast. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Didn't even expect her response. In two minutes, she wrote straight back to me. She was like, hey, love, thanks for kind words, congrats that your podcast is so amazing. I'm actually overseas film in a movie at the moment, so like I can't, but definitely we'll be in contact when you know the time comes, basically, which I'm not ever expecting her to come back and be in conduct.
Speaker 1: But I was like, yeah, no worries, babe, played are so cool. I was like, anyway, I was just so stoked with that and that's it. That's my sweets for the week. Well, on that note, guys, that has been a bloody long episode. It is so good to be back. We have missed you. We have also kind of dropped the ball a little bit on Instagram and on Facebook over the last couple of weeks. We really did take a break. But now that we're back, we are holding the reins to everything and we were back on board.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to keep your accidently on filters coming in guys. I love that and we got some really really good ones this week, so just make sure you're sliding too.
Speaker 1: The DM guys. You can send it to our Instagram which is at Life Uncut Podcast. You can send it to our Facebook group which is also at Life Uncut Podcast group. If you're not in the Facebook group, sign up where you at. It's good fun and it's also a great place for you to ask your questions and get a wealth of answers from other people who are lack minded and they're just incredibly supportive.
Speaker 2: It's a really great group and they're having amazing meetups at the moment, like huge meetups where all these people that have never met each other are starting to become friends because they're bonding over a shared experience. So if you do, if you're in a city now and you want to make new friends and you don't know how to make new friends, this could actually be a really, really great way. So there are groups on the discussion group. They're like separate subgroups where they have meetup groups for their city. So absolutely cannot recommend that enough. And to you guys that are meeting up and the big Sydney group that met up, oh my god, you guys are amazing.
Speaker 1: We absolutely love to see that, so thank you and make sure that you invite us next time, because I'm kind of gip that we didn't get an invite to our own meetup group. But anyway, guys, you know the drill. Tell your mum, tell your dad, tell your dog, tell you Nan, tell everybody and share the love because we love love vac the bobany Apac Happen. Madame Day