Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast yesterday.
Speaker 2: I want to make something different for the kids, right, so I thought, you know, the weather's really nice, will eat outside. I'm going to find a recipe and I make a really nice some kind of Greek dinner, like a beautiful Greek soanad perfect, But there's some kind of marinade for the chicken.
Speaker 1: And want a marinate all day? So what is it?
Speaker 2: Whenever you go online now to find a recipe you get ten thousand words or some think piece beforehand about the history of it or their nonna that used to make it.
Speaker 3: Let me give you this website called oh, look it up just the recipe or something like that. You copy and paste the URL and it gets rid of all nona's history.
Speaker 2: So it tries me nuts. When did suddenly it just start happening where they do this thousands of words about the thing you want to eat.
Speaker 1: I just I just want the recipe.
Speaker 2: I don't need the history or the origin story of where you got this from.
Speaker 3: I know why they do it as well. It's to rank higher and Google. Oh is it something to do with you more words? Like more references to what you're making, gives you more hits, and then you you show up hiring Google.
Speaker 1: Do you know what this? This? This this recipe that I made yesterday.
Speaker 2: It was a beautiful marinade with Greek yogurt and what was it oregano and lemon and garnet.
Speaker 1: It was beautiful, realize, but.
Speaker 2: The opening lines it was at the start of your school say see movie. It actually began the Persians knew it era. I actually started with it, going did they what do they know? How can it be following the line of the ancients. Sometimes when you're wake in a new recipe, you have to start googling because they just mentioned something in.
Speaker 1: There everybody else's chefs know about. Do you want me yesterday?
Speaker 2: Was it said cucumber then brackets seeded, And I went, I don't know what that means?
Speaker 1: What is it? They have seeds in get one with the seeds they're on they're in there. So they had to google cucumber seeded? What is that? Actually? What A timed into Google? And what is it?
Speaker 2: It's basically where you remove the green outer layer the skin, cut it lengthways and then you get a spoon, you scrape it down the way and it gets rid of that. Apparently that's too much wetness there, and then you chop that up and half it and then courts it and you put it in your salad and has a zest without them are wetness.
Speaker 3: I often do it at restaurants, end up googling half the things on the menu because you don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: Every tell me what is duka? That is gorgeous? Yah, du seeds and grains and it's beautiful, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get a bit of crusty bread and some beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have it now.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I scrambled eggs with duka or ducker, and it's just very recent. They all restaurants have a meeting. Have you heard about duka?
Speaker 3: The Persians new every time a menu says a different cheese on it, because there's hundreds and hundreds of different cheeses. If you're just saying brackets, this is a type of cheese.
Speaker 2: Because the amount of times an emoji of blocker chairs it works in all like communication now on our phones emoji up the menu.
Speaker 3: Of the time you don't know a word and you ye thought it's.
Speaker 1: A radio cheat was another one like radio Chai radio cheeky. What is radio chia rio? You look like you know what's radio chi? Don't know what it's? R A D D I C h O. Yes, what's that? I thought it was an Italian footing player. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: That cheese isn't it's Is it a cheese or is it a vegetable?
Speaker 1: Hang on the producers getting involved.
Speaker 3: Katelin, it's a leafy vegetable. So it's like a yeah, no wonder, I haven't touched this letter.
Speaker 2: You should only ever be two types iceberg or cos that it's.
Speaker 3: More like a cabbage. No, it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's got a lovely how would you describe it? A reddish one? Beauty's a nice iceberg? Enough letters varieties.
Speaker 3: Comparing my dinner last night to all these exotic foods we've been talking about. I have every couple of weeks just get too lazy to eat dinner, and I'll have Gordy's animal shaped pasta with butter and parmesan, And that is so tasty. Why is it tasty as the normal pasta?
Speaker 2: I know I used to love eating the young when the kids are little babies, there their dinners all warm. And also because it was like pre almost digested, so it's a perfect lazy man's dinner. You don't have to use your teeth that much. You can actually just swallow it, ingest it, and it's just so warm and pleasing. You get why those babies are so happy after they've eat it. This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.