Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: It's a chemist warehouse and save more money every year on your regular medication with discount of prescriptions in every store every day.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Pats, morning everyone, Good morning, Alexa, Good morning, Rio, Good morning. Was that McEnroe ranting at the fans at the airport and the sports news leave me alone?
Speaker 5: Stop?
Speaker 1: He's still got it. He's still got it. I like it. It's on brand everyone these days. All these celebrities are all they're just too shiny. You don't buy it, you know what. They're always kind like, they've got time for all the fans. I like it. The Macoo stool sometimes can be a bit cranky and don't get it here at the airport. It's probably got a long flight back to America, tied from the last couple of weeks of anything. He just also to get his plane or more botany, probably getting the lounge and away from us. He's tired. He's had a long tournament three weeks, so old is he now? Sixty odd. I reckon, he's got to be late sixties. He's just a bit cranky, and maybe he's not had a snack yet. He's not got to Macca's there. He's going to get through security, which in Australia, depending what city you're in. Melbourne's a strange city where they make you take your belt off.
Speaker 5: Ah, yes, and you never know and hold.
Speaker 1: It in your hand like you're a cowboy a rodeo. I'm sure they do that. Maybe they do that just to me search a new thing. I s not reckon on the signs. We haven't had time to print them off yet out office works.
Speaker 5: I always never know, you know, when you go through the scan.
Speaker 6: Now, yeah, do you stand with your hands like sort of tied to your sides or do you do that mirror the slow I saw someone just standing normally. I didn't know that was an option. I think you could just stand like a normal person and not do that weird sort of picture that they do.
Speaker 1: I reckon. They should really just encourage you to style it out and throw your own shapes in there, Dad, whatever you want to do, Okay, the cats and pitter of the worm, any of that, all right? Every Tuesday on the show. Then we talk about Monday and how did you start your week? Are you a Monday winner or loser? How did you start your week yesterday? What's it for you? Pats?
Speaker 7: There's always drama in our house, so I'm definitely a Monday loser. So my school, Yeah, back to school. My teenager got home yesterday.
Speaker 1: I haven't because you know what, Frank, you like macarro, leave me alone.
Speaker 7: Exhausted, exhausted, hungry, sweaty, wanting to know what's four pm. I have on our front door the mother of all wreaths, a beautiful floral wreath. And it's not a Christmas wreath. It's just a floral wreath, and it's rather large. It takes up the whole width of the front door.
Speaker 1: But I would, if I'm going by that said, I would presume that someone has passed away. No, No, I would Christmas. I just think when someone passes away.
Speaker 7: No, it says this is a happy home. It says you're welcome, come in, take your shoes off. I'll make you a kappa. It's just her very home.
Speaker 1: Shoes off you.
Speaker 5: Of course, absolutely it is.
Speaker 7: Anyway, Audrey, my daughter has quite very very curly hair and a lot of it. And as she's walked in the front door, and her and my husband have been complaining about this floral reef that it doesn't belong there, it gets in the way, it gets jammed in the door. Anyway, yesterday her hair got caught on it as she's coming through the front It's like a spider's web for a teenager pterodactyl. And we were there for about ten minutes trying to untake her hair fully.
Speaker 1: Stuck right, series of stranger things in the office, it's like that.
Speaker 7: And I had to fetch my husband, he was working up in the top office. He couldn't get her free. I actually had to cut her free. She was horrified because you know this year now she's in senior school.
Speaker 1: The first time, all about the look.
Speaker 7: They can wear their hair down. It doesn't have to be back like middle school hair had to be up. But now they're in senior school they can have the hair down.
Speaker 1: So it is all about now in my mind is kind of like Helenkata.
Speaker 7: Well, luckily she's got so much hair you couldn't tell it just like kind of covers it up.
Speaker 5: So the wreath might have to go.
Speaker 1: Today we must do today. We're going to do three top of Tuesday one things you've been stuck in or on your mum's front door wreath. I don't know if we're going to get anything better than that, Patsy, that's a great one. Let us know. How is your day yesterday? How's your Monday? How did you start the week? Which you're saying you're a Monday winn or loser? Text me which way and why? Oh? Four seven five three one o four three. I found a great way to wake yourself up very quickly this morning, quicker than any caffeine uber driver. Just suddenly I was aware we're going the wrong way. I normally go, wait, we're driving down the wrong way for freeway tour traffic coming towards us. No, you know when you do you can't just go excuse me. I went wrong way, wrong way, turn now, and this guy went obviously been working over that ship was like it was the seat was in the reclined position. When I got in, I thought, oh, maybe he's having some shut eye outside my house. Hopefully we're going to move up and get going low rider.
Speaker 8: But no, he was starting out like we're not west side. And then suddenly I'm on my phone checking emails, and I get the feeling, you know, you just have a sense of like space and time, like I never normally angled this way just around the corner for my house because it's the wrong way and freeways have a very clear five lanes coming at you.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I was just like it was and he sort of jumped. It startled him, as it should do. You need to be startled. He around immediately and start going the way there going towards the city.
Speaker 6: Are you able to just sort of do it like chucking you or is there a big barrier barrier?
Speaker 1: Then we had to reverse, and I actually thought this could be how I go. What a sad way in the back of a camera. This is how I end the day after I finally get to launch the prize side is wow, we want to shake the back of a camera with a low rider? Didn't didn't didn't have it going out like that for the guy doing a five point turn on a freeway.
Speaker 5: Early in his defense, like there's not a lot of when you get some sleep, he gets like zero, don't take.
Speaker 1: Me out with you?
Speaker 5: What did what have any starts?
Speaker 1: Did you give him? What? I felt bad? I still gave him five stars. And as I gave that, I can imagine my wife, what did Why would you give him five? But he didn't. No tis, no tips, cholie, no no.
Speaker 3: Fair.
Speaker 1: It really woke me up. It's like a cold shower.
Speaker 5: Maybe he knew. Maybe that's just good.
Speaker 1: I'm going to ask all the Uber drivers, hey, just to have me feel something on the edge here, maybe just a you know, just an edge of down the wrong way or something to wake us up. But yeah, that really was my heart was just like when I couldn't quite trust him the rest of the trip and he could see me in the rear view mirror, just keep re eye on him, like nodding and stuff like that. Still put the seats up.
Speaker 3: Low Rider The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm begetting this week a winner. My new home office chair arrived. I say home office, should I be thinking, Oh, fancy, we've downsized. The home office is now simply a desk in up my bedroom. So this this chair turned up yesterday and it's the most comfortable chair I've ever had. Oh my god, I cannot tell you. Oh it's gonna I'm gonna do great things on this chair. Just watch my words, you go. What happened to him from February onwards? That guy changed. No, it's the chair I got. But the biggest pain is it it turned up in what I can only describe as a cardboard box thrown. It was very clear this was a chair because the chair was inside a tomb of a cardboards. Cardboard chair, yes, fully assembled, Yes, upright, so it's packaged. And then all I'm thinking is I got so much cardboard to get rid of?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and so tonight it's recycling bin night. They go out tonight in my neighborhood. So tonight, after the cover of darkness, I'll be creepy. Has anyone ever done this before? Be honest, I think we all have creeping around the neighborhood opening up their bins quietly, and if there's a little bit of room, or even if there's not, squishing, theirs down and some of mine inch. It's so much cardboard. It's so much cardboard.
Speaker 6: I and those like a resis sidential bin's hard to fit a huge amount of cardboard.
Speaker 1: Well, what I have to do is I have to chop it up to small pieces, basically like a cut of cardboard, dexter drop it off body parts. A couple years ago, I got caught by somebody and I driven to another suffer oh wow, And luckily they turned out to be a listener and then asked for selfie buy them bin. Someone has a photo of me in my trackie acts and a load of cardboard, looking really quite awkward about this whole selfie. Actually, who are they going to show that to? Going? Who the hell is that guy with a load of ben with a load of cupboard in tiny pieces?
Speaker 6: It was illegally dumping, and it's not illegalgal signs everywhere.
Speaker 1: But I'm not dumping.
Speaker 5: I'm putting, putting it in a b.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? I'm going to create a new phrase here. It's ethical dumping.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, I reck And once your bin is out right, you're seemingly finished with your rubbish. And I think it's a free for all as long as they're putting, not putting like thinking yeah, like or something in it. I think it's a free for all. If you've got your bin out, I reckon your neighbor is.
Speaker 1: We had to drive to one of these tips on Friday because we had a load of because we've moved house. There's a load of polystinery and it's a nightmare to get rid of that stuff. It's horrible and so you can't just put it in your normal bin. You can't put it in recycling either, and so we've got loads of it. So we had to drive to one of those tip places and they said, all right, it's sixty dollars a back. How does that forget it? Insane? I just forget it right. Load. I had a load of the cardboard and I said to my wife, listen, there's no one watching it. I just dump a bag of this on a sinery here where Then my wife goes by el christ on what on? As you as you're leaving right, this woman comes out in hibs standing at the car on a walkie talkie. My wife goes, oh my god, you've been rumbled. I immediately was so scared, like am I, Oh my god? Well that Bonnie and Clyde. The woman goes window down window, Now sir, she goes, shuh, you have to bag of something back up there. Apparently you've got to go back and get it. My wife coaching. My wife coach immediately, oh that's her husband. I didn't get out at all, Let me under, Let me under straight away. My husband, he got out. I had nothing to do with this. I'm sorry. It must have rolled out the back of the car. This woman who'd heard it all just goes yeah, whatever, mates, all right, just give away some money.
Speaker 5: Sit in the hot seat, answer and.
Speaker 9: Questioned about the topic I picked for today. Sitting in the hot seat talking to Christian God and get to questions so that I can win.
Speaker 1: To kre Well thanks to millionaire hot seat wash. This week it's back New Home on ten with the Brilly Rebecca. Give me watching steam Free seven o'clock week nights on ten. You watch it the next morning. The show would ask you a question about last night show. Get it right? You went an instant one thousand dollars. Then it's kind of like a b Yo quiz. Bring your own topic. It's a lazy person's way of doing a quiz. Don't knock it Channel ten call me to discuss buying the IP rights. Listen big Yo byo quiz. You bring your own topic and we just make up a question on the spot. Hight, let's get our contestant today. Good morning, Welcome to the show and the hot Seat it is you, Natalie.
Speaker 10: Oh, good morning guys.
Speaker 1: How are we We're good? Natalie? Where about you listened to the show this morning? Mate?
Speaker 5: I'm in Maru bra Well.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for being one. Are you a new listener to the show in the last couple of weeks?
Speaker 11: Absolutely yes, and all throughout the holidays and yep, driving me to work.
Speaker 12: It's been great.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Welcome to the show. All right, let's try and win some money. So from last night's a Millionaire Hot Seat, here is a question. Okay, in twenty twelve, which was the first music video to reach one billion views on YouTube? Was it a sheer in shape of you? Was a Gangham style? Was it desposito or baby shark dance?
Speaker 10: It was Gangam style?
Speaker 1: Correct? Do you win an instant one thousand dollars? Mere? Now time for the b Yo quiz? Bring topic? What topic? Do you want one question for us to instantly create?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go Fleetwood.
Speaker 1: Matt Fleetwood Mac now is free Matt, because I think we played them about, didn't we playing little lies? About half an hour ago and early in the morning, and probably one of the producers word you gotta pick your own topic. Were you pressurized into coming up with this one?
Speaker 12: No, no, no, I do love Fleetwood Mac.
Speaker 1: Great, okay, instant question BYO quiz. So there are Fleetwood Mac. How many band members are in Fleetwood Matt, Let me play the dramatic music.
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, big fan of Fleetwood Mac. Do to pick any topic. This will be how many of them are there? This was a hot it's a radio hot seat.
Speaker 13: Oh my god?
Speaker 5: Did you did you.
Speaker 1: Just say five? Did you just say five?
Speaker 10: Five?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 13: Five?
Speaker 1: They're known as the classic five. This is the b y oh quiz? Yes, you just made that one thousand into two thousand dollars.
Speaker 10: I was missing Chrissy McBee.
Speaker 1: Are you missing all five? But anyway, it's early.
Speaker 5: That's not by your answers next time.
Speaker 10: As well, it's it's a little eyes. It got me.
Speaker 1: I guess yes, yeah, it doesn't matter. You are a clear winner, clear winner.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 10: That's great you call the show.
Speaker 1: Well done for being such a big Sipervan of Fleetwood Mac.
Speaker 3: Christian o'connells podcast.
Speaker 1: Now yesterday, I was waiting for coffee after the show and there was a lady behind me head to toe wearing AO gear like she obviously worked for the AO. We get talking. She listens to the show Lovely Woman, and I said, I was at your car there and it was emblazon with like AO stuff on the side, because I'm alert like that. And I said, that's that fancy looking cart was a high end car. And I said, oh, what do you do? And she goes, I drive around VIPs. You know, when someone else wants a backup question. She she she did that thing where she saw she sort of smoking. You probably want to asking the one and you made so I go, do you mean the players? And she she did that move where she looked around she went yeah. I went all right, wow, I said, who's your favorite? She goes, Carlos. I know. She goes, I've been driving around. I do this. It's a seasonal job, obviously when it's here. I've been doing this for a couple of years, and I've picked up all all the greats. She said, Carlos and his family the kindest, happiest people, whether he's one or lost, just nothing but joy all the time. And he said, hey, listen, don't give my name on air, but a little fat for you. And I don't even know your name, so you were safe here, and she goes. He doesn't like being called Carlos by the way, so she goes, No, he thinks it's too serious. It's what he used to be yelled when he was a kid, Carlos. You know, I said, what does he want to be known? Now? She goes, he prefer I wrote this down in my phone. I went, hang on and forget this, Carlitos or or she goes all the other one that he likes to be known as Charlie. Charlie is what he should rebrand as Charlie Alcaraz. He's He's Alarican, isn't he. Charlie is completely different brand to Carlos Alcaraz. Charlie Alcaraz is a different person.
Speaker 5: So Carlitos like a lot, and I.
Speaker 6: Wonder if we could use that with the team, like Christiana when you're thinking it's silly, you.
Speaker 1: Know, justasitail of the shows. All right, it's time for this week's things that make you go. Girl needs to make you go.
Speaker 7: Get me started today.
Speaker 1: He needs to make you don't get mad, get funny? Text us, Now, what are the small things to drive you mad? Text me? On four seventy five three, one oh four three for me. I don't know how many of you have had this thing happened the last couple of weeks. You call up a restaurant and suddenly you think it speaks to a human. It's not as Ai with a fake keyboard tapping in the background. Oh my, what I thought? I was Tracker's lady, and a little bit distracted, she sounded, and then it's I'm thinking, bloody, how long is it take to type out? And also I hadn't said, can you type this down? I just want to move a reservation. I hate if you need to move the reservation. They go, you're you're now within the red window and you're going to need to call us. We'll have a little chat, and we'll have a little chat about you wanted to move this lunch reservation. Why lick wakers do that. I don't want to cancel it. I get that. I just want to move it back an hour. What you call? They explain yourself exactly, because the chef's been waiting, he's got his knife out the pans already, and oh, mister big shot wants to move it back an hour? Cool, explain yourself, man, Anyway, this lady's chanting to me, I am, I better help you with that, sir. And I had this. I think, why she didn't even taken my name or what time the book it is? Why she up really tapping away? And then I realized it's an AI humanoid.
Speaker 5: And if you're going to be AI, just be fast.
Speaker 6: I don't want you to like pretend to go through the whole pilava.
Speaker 1: Of all I will say eventually, she was incredibly effective. And Rio look around the team that we have taken the phones at the moment. Are you not telling me they can't be improved with an LM instead of them?
Speaker 5: No comment.
Speaker 1: We get them, but we get the shrieking. It'd be quieter, it'd be a lot quieter, Alex, what's it for you?
Speaker 15: Servos without toilets? It annoys me to know and you're walking. I've got three children too, seven year old twins and a four year old boy, and you've got no toilet in there.
Speaker 1: I'm like, where's the toilet.
Speaker 15: There's no one here, there's nothing here, Like, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: It's a server? You should be It should be the law. It should be the law. It should be the law. It should be illegal. Definitely, because you actually trust well, if I need to go as soon as I see a servo a pull over, if I need to refuel, but I'll go to the toilet, especially if you've got kids they just need to go. You ever got to turn a pull over. And I know there are apps that will let you know where the public toilets are, but servos are everywhere. You just presume that they've got the basic facility to go to the toilet with kids. Yeah, and there's a lot of them in Sydney. I know that there's some in Melbourne as well.
Speaker 15: And also restaurants where you need to get a key to go outside the restaurant to go to the toilet outside the restaurant.
Speaker 1: So embarrassing. It embarrassing a key, Who is the key? Where's the key? And also so embarrassing because basically saying, excuse me, oh, do you want to drink or anything?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 1: No, no toilet, So do you need the key? And then you get out have a no easy job with some big wooden blocking it. You've got to wander through or something, and everyone knows, Oh someone's off in here there wild they know, bloody he's a big lump like I better make a big pressure performance anxiety. Oh could you not go? No, it's going to be stressing them. I'll come back an out of time if I need it. All right, let's know, what's it for you? A small thing that drives you mad? Oh? Four seven five three one o four three.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: What's the small thing that drives you nuts? Christian? One gets under my skin? What is it? Andrew? I'm our skin. You're telling people that sit on the toilet, but actually just sat on the toilet. They're not doing anything. They're using their phones. They're scrolling. Now, it's true if it's a public toilet. No, it's all business. No scrolling.
Speaker 5: No, give us.
Speaker 1: A long because we know we can see illumination from the phone beaming up.
Speaker 5: But it's like your one little place for peace, a bit of quad.
Speaker 1: Not in a public space, not in a public toilet.
Speaker 5: Come on, don't we all deserve a bit of luxury.
Speaker 1: And also there's two class systems in public toilets. Ladies toilets are beautifully maintained by the ladies. Men's toilets are disgusting. No they are. It's actually it's awful and they're just like foul. They are rantid everywhere, such such smells. Who could live like this? The answer men? Christian? What's a small thing dancing amount? James here? Christian? When some parks their car outside my house? Totally legal, but Jesus's annoying. That's me now in our new place, I have to bark outside somebody else's house, and I feel so bad to park it. I don't have a driveway. I feel so bad. I try and do it where they can't see it from their window.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, they don't know that.
Speaker 1: It's uyes Christian. Some more thing makes me go gurr when the people in my street do not use their driveway and park on the street. I do not have a street parking, so I have to park down the street. I can't even bark it for at my own house. You paid for driveway, use it, Christian. Mine must remain anonymous in case my neighbors are listening. Tensions are running, Christian Caleb here. Something that makes me gour is when people merge slowly onto the freeway. I can't stand that. I really can't stand that, Christian. Gurr. Why are English muffins only cut halfway through? Yes?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, pre this is a big one.
Speaker 1: Pree hear it from Telee the maneuver. Do your job. You've got one job, slicer.
Speaker 6: Well it's that those English for you, they just won't finish the job.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing what happens here is because in England, the home of the English muffins, they're cut all the way through here, ciperclosi, Oh should be right. Oh bloody, here was this truth?
Speaker 5: Is it nice?
Speaker 1: Down they are? I'll finish this off later.
Speaker 5: What is this accent?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. It's well, it's a guy who's traveled a lot in the army. We send them out here for assuming that you obvious he's will do the cut. But of course I know what it's like. Christian. What about those people who swing way too wide before turning around the corner. You're right, if you're not in a truck or a bus, take it easy, makay, swing her out nice and wide, coming in, Kinnie Smith and a lot of you do not put wet cardboard in the recycling bent. It can't be recycled. And apparently then the people in the truck, the people in the truck, they were just dump the whole lot in landfill in anger. Really I did not know how Now we know as well. Also when we say something that drives us mad, were the goat is referred to? Isn't it it gets my goat? Yes? Right, it's it's it's the phrase it is the common phrase is oh, that gets my goat? Right? A lot of people are testing in that right now. The one lone guy Tom has said it gets on my goat.
Speaker 7: Yes, that's an Australian thing.
Speaker 1: Is it getting on the goat? That would be my small thing. It's like, it's is my goat? Who the head is on the goat? Now you're getting my goat by getting on the goats while the goat? Yeah, why is it a goat? Is it an angry billy goat?
Speaker 5: I just looked it up.
Speaker 6: It originated in the early nineteen hundreds American racing or boxing scene. But I it's no sorry, this is actually so by the way.
Speaker 1: Boring tangent, But there are no tangents on this shows. There was a boxing fight over the weekend, two guys heavyweight. One of the guys he got hit in the head and his two pay came off. He was you can't tell right, and it just comes off his head and it starts the boxes. Both start laughing because, hey, you wearing a two pay you don't get a lot of a classic old fashioned glued on top of the head. You don't get a lot of the mine, and you certainly don't get enough in sport.
Speaker 5: Especially boxing, where you get in the head.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit on the ring. He then just says, can I just get back to carry on the fight? I can pro here was like a ponytail as well.
Speaker 5: Agacy, Yes, it was incredible.
Speaker 1: One of the great scenes any anyway, nothing to do with anything but everything to do with something.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 9: You've got bills you need to pay.
Speaker 16: The Make of Christian payment every day in be in utilities or your hamsters binary fee.
Speaker 17: You've got bills.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's pay some bills. This is the Bank of Christian I'm paying your bills every day. Head to the gold website dot com. Today you and I could be calling you all right. Let's try calling Melinda now driving lessons for her son, son of Melinda. Hell, I'm Linda speaking Melinda. This is Christian O'Connell calling from the Bank of Christian. Good Christian, Good morning Melinda. Now Melinda, driving lessons for your kids. They cost a lot of money, don't they.
Speaker 11: Oh my goodness, I do manual driving lessons.
Speaker 10: Do that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Good on him. He's learning the proper way, the og ways stick. Now, how much is it a lesson?
Speaker 12: It's eighty dollars a lesson.
Speaker 11: They charge more for manual lessons because most kids are learning it.
Speaker 1: Also, Yeah, that's right. Okay, so the bell is two hundred. I'm going to pay for a couple more lessons. We're going to round that up to five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Christian, thank you so much.
Speaker 11: I I don't know whether to laugh or crist this is amazing.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe try both.
Speaker 10: Oh well, I can about to go into work.
Speaker 1: Please don't do that. I don't know. I don't want to send you sad into into work. But do tell that kid if he fails them, I want my money back. Oh there's a really, I can't a dollar a week and today's pay me my investment. And what is the name of your son.
Speaker 11: My son's name is Billy and hot on the heels. In another two months, my other son La and gets his loaners.
Speaker 1: Wow wow, well well look train Billy up then he can do Liam.
Speaker 6: Amazing.
Speaker 11: Thank you so much, Christian, your timing is amazing. I was literally about to get out of the car and go to work and we can't have our phone swisses, so had you been another minute you would have missed me.
Speaker 1: All again, I'm so glad I caught you. Melinda. All right, take care, have a good day and good luck to Billy.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: One you'll bill paid who doesn't head to the gold website dot com today? You upload it and I could be calling you with the bank of me Christian.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Now you're probably sen and going I hope he's going to go back to that ghost stuff. You know we are, you know we are get the tame back open. I said, keep it down.
Speaker 5: I remember it.
Speaker 1: Because they're all waiting in their cars right now across Australia. They're not getting out of the cars. Do we go about what's the origin of that gets my goat?
Speaker 6: Back in the nineteen hundreds, in American horse racing, they believe that a goat would calm down a horse. So the goats would stay in the stables. Rivals, sneaky rivals would steal the goat from the horse's stable to upset and make the rival horse anxious.
Speaker 1: Hence, get my goat, That gets my goat. Someone's got my goat. They got my damn goat, gets my goat.
Speaker 5: Give me my goat.
Speaker 1: Back right, And so you're angry, is stressed. So it makes no sense that gets on my goat makes no sense unless they were sending in a small jockey, a rival jockey to ride that coat. The tiniest tiniest jockeys they slip under the stable, do anyway. I've taken this far enough. You get now, we know, now, we know you know. You're welcome Australia. See we told you a national breakfast show with what do you think any of those local mumblies up and down the dial have got the goat stuff? No color? Jackie O? Don't we are we talking about three cents or something? If they haven't yet give it time, Hey, Rile by night. All right, it's not one, not two, but three ways to come a goat of this radio show. Three ways. We're doing three topic Tuesday. This is where three ways you to get your stories on the show, and three ways you'd have win some money as well, two hundred and fifty dollars spend at Chemist's warehouse for the best call we get you on the next thirty minutes on the show. First of all, at the start today's show, Patsy tolds incredible store about her port daughter Ordie, who got stuck in an oversized wreath that is on the front door of Patsy's home.
Speaker 7: You had to color here out of it after school yesterday. She's devastated as.
Speaker 1: A fuck at school. Teenage you care about your look and your mum's got some venus fly trap of a wreath. Who's got a wreath in the middle of summer on the front door.
Speaker 5: It's like a horror house a show.
Speaker 1: Every neighborhood has that house by the way with someone like Patsy in it, you know, scary old people living yea's fair moli All right, So what if you got stuck on stuck or snagged your stories about what he'd been stuck or snut snacked on snowd on. I don't want to say hung, but Rio said, that's a different kind of story we're looking for, and not this kind of show, So let's just keep it stuck and snacked, all right. Yeah, the number you need thirty fifty five, twenty two. Losing a shoe Stories about losing a shoe. A friend of mine is a paramedic, has been for years, and he was telling me one night he said he just had enough of picking up drunk people. Said, they're just a nightmare at the hospital. They're rude or obnoxious. So what they do when they really aren't like that? He takes a shoe of theirs and just throws out the back of the screwed with them.
Speaker 5: That is you know what, that's That's just it.
Speaker 1: I get it. That's karma, tarmas and the other really bad one. He maybe promised never to send this on the radio, but he lives in the UK. If they were married, guys, he would take off their wedding ring and hide it somewhere in their gear. They got some explained to do. Where they got home? Where's your where's and you've got you've got a terrible hangover? That to the hospital. Where's their wedding ring? Just a couple of hours? Yeah, mayhem, fair enough?
Speaker 5: Put up with too much?
Speaker 1: Exactly, lose a shoe all right, your story is about losing a shoe and what have you been hitting the head by? Right now? The world, the world. Millions of people have seen that clip. Surely we all know the clip we're talking about, this one from the Rumble. Forget about Rumbling the Jungle, the Rumble On King Streets, a.
Speaker 18: Chair thrown outside a strip club hits some man in the head and he goes down hard. It happened here around nine to twenty last night on King Street in the city, outside Bar twenty. The man and the mate had been inside but were thrown out. One of them grabbed a chair from a restaurant next door, despite stuff and customers there trying to stop him. And it's suspected it was trying to throw it at security at the front door, but instead it hid his mate in the head.
Speaker 1: And knocked him completely to the ground. In a se seemed clip like this, it's the biggest viral clip in the world.
Speaker 6: So today it'll be like at the end of year, like moments that defined twenty twenty sees.
Speaker 1: Yesterday it got over forty one million views. That's a whole world to look at it. We must go to this country look at them.
Speaker 6: Half a million of those were you just rewatching it?
Speaker 1: It's the modern day to suprud the footage. Oliver Stone's going to make a movie about it. Back into left, back into the left, all right, so three ways cool now thirteen fifty five twenty two. You can also text us you'll stories four seven five three, one oh four three What have you been hitting the head by? Your story about losing a shoe? And your story is about being stuck thirteen fifty five twenty two. Give us a cool shay story.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: I have for the best job in the world. Sometimes a caller will say something on the show. Someone would text dinner or an email. We put it on a mug. It's like a funny phrase. I think we found this year's first thing to go on a mug. Just there's no They must have sent another story on the text, but it's out of sync. I can't find the setup. All I've got is this payoff. It's simply a message that says to me, just this five words, who throws a chuck? I don't know what.
Speaker 19: Someone would have been hit in the head by chuck? And they're right, who throws a chuck? And I want to know is that a live chuck? Yeah, we're talking the roast in the supermarket like one?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean is it live?
Speaker 15: One?
Speaker 5: Frozen?
Speaker 1: Frozen? Wipe somebody out? Yeah, that's probably what the guy thrown out the street club Saturday night, you know, is trying to find the cold was to get a frozen chuck and throw that? The chair will have to do.
Speaker 5: I must know we need a.
Speaker 1: Who what's the setup to? Who throws the chuck? Where were you? Why is it in the air?
Speaker 6: There's almost no situation I could think where you need to be throwing any form of choke?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, you're quite right, barbecuech There are so many questions right now everywhere. We have to find the answer to this. All right, So three ways for you to stare share your stories on today's show. Most more numbers you need of the phone number, which is thirteen fifty five twenty two. Obviously, what have you been hit in the head by someone listening out they're in Australia? Has been the head? But the head by a chuck? We need to know the first bit. Remember we go sat up lampeyof or is it a new game they're playing? With us. Now were goes pay off? Then you've got to work out the setup. So is out losing a shoe? And what have you been stuck in on by Let's go to Vicky. Good morning, Vicky, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 12: Thank you Christian.
Speaker 1: Good morning morning Vicky.
Speaker 12: I've been stuck. This is a long time ago. Girlfriend and I went to Carton footy ground on a Sunday to watch training, did all that, went to go home, realized we had no idea how to actually get out of the ground. There was no obvious exits, so we thought I would just go through the revolving turnstyle like you normally do to go into the ground. So I went through first, got stuck halfway, suddenly realized, okay, how am I going to get out of here? At the Sunday there's literally nobody about Oh no, yeah, and I'm not a small person. Looked up when oh, okay, I can climb up the turnstyle and get out except for all that barbed wire.
Speaker 1: Up there and okuess that's for for people not familiar with Carton, They're terrible and it's probably stoped fans or players leave in the grounds. It's a turnstile you can't leave through many have tried. That's why they have this a lot. It's a one way one you can you can, that's at the Hotel California. You can never leave. How very degous, but you get stuck in it.
Speaker 12: Well, I think it was quite a while. Actually, well I said quite a while, probably half an hour or.
Speaker 1: Long time.
Speaker 12: That's a long time.
Speaker 1: What happened? How do they get you free? They lube you up or the fibergame come? They use vasilina here.
Speaker 12: No, look, nothing nearly is exciting.
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 12: I just went, well, I'm going to just have to go through this barbed wire, aren't I? So I must have looked like I was trying to get out of Starlight Turday and I'm try to weave my way through all this stuff. Long story short, I did get out. Torma jeans, tom Andy's tour. The butt shake, how.
Speaker 1: Are your friends? Wild? Old training session alerts her up to.
Speaker 12: Yeah, she was killing herself laughing. I'm killing the self laughing, which made it even harder.
Speaker 1: Is this what skills? Don't found him?
Speaker 12: We were just we were just hoping though players would go past and bruise our sixteen year old. You know, egos. Yeah, and so damaged.
Speaker 1: Vicky, Vicky, Vicky, great story, wild story. Thank you so much for sharing that with us. Thank you, have a great day. We have to carry on to my talking about turnstiles and the other thing. I get nervous going through revolving doors. Has anyone ever got jammed in them?
Speaker 6: Someone stuck in a revolving door at a hotel lobby where they got like it just shut down halfway through and he was he.
Speaker 1: Was, they can't get in. You can't get them snacks and is it a turnstile you can maybe you know through the slots you can get them. You're You're in.
Speaker 5: He was locked in. I don't know how long. Fire just went on with my day, but I was walking fast. I saw her. I was, Oh, that's that's for you.
Speaker 1: Man tomorrow on the show Turnstiles and revolving Doors. That was a great story. Let's got a let's got a John here, John, welcome to the show.
Speaker 14: Yeah, thank you, thanks so much. I was working in the city in Chatswood tonight. I was walking on the main road and my knife dapper suit, thinking I was a million dollars and I don't know where I just felt this stud in my head. It would startled me. And I looked up and I saw some trades laughing, carrying on, and they threw a donate and bab at my head.
Speaker 1: You don't waste a kebab like that, guys. I looked at it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I thought, is that chili beef or is it just playing?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It got a nice bit of chitty sauce there.
Speaker 5: Who throws the cabab?
Speaker 1: Who throws a that's worse than a chuck in my eyes Australian throw it down your mouth. That's the only basic goes exactly, John, incredible story. Thank you very much for sharing mate. Thanks to calling the show, John.
Speaker 14: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Christian o'connald, Hello podcast.
Speaker 1: Good on. Here's to Christiana O'Connell show live across Australia. Now, this show is sponsored by a Chemist's warehouse. They paid to get the lights on and in the studio as part of this megadeal worth sixty nine million dollars. I have a medicine cabinet in the studio filled with goodies that you could buy at Chemists Whales. It's the Chemists Whales cupboard. Maybe we should give these away as prizes. By the way, I don't know. This is the hot ticket in the studio. I've never been so popular in the studio. It's you have to walk behind me. And producers have no problems during the show while I'm planning, scheming, thinking, and they are just helping themselves to various Normally. Producer Canain, who does like to enjoy rose, is having liquid IV today. Producer Tina, who exists on an extensive Greek diet and came in to take some floss and obviously I can see what's happening in there and that she can't wait till nine o'clock chatting. She was you're calling in with a mouthful of I don't know suvlaki or any of the common bo of the balls found a cop of time and so you know, I get us, and she needs to get rid of some of that stuff before nine. We need to give these aways. Prizer. By the way, hell have your own chemist, what else, medicine, Cavney pick what you want there? All right? So we are doing three topic tuesdays. Your story is about being stuck, Your stories about losing a shoe like this classic.
Speaker 2: I'm a funeral director, really rainy, horrible day with just buried. Mum, I'm standing behind the priest. He steps back, He steps back. I had nowhere to go, so I stepped up on the grove by me and it was gravel boom. I went down to my waist.
Speaker 17: In the grape Philly.
Speaker 2: Is that whole gas that across the family. So they're mixing. Everyone stops, helps me ge ahead of grave. My shoe to these days still down there.
Speaker 1: I like that story. It's just timeless, all right. Yeah, stories about being stuck, losing a shoe and what have you been hit in the head By Christian Whilstar working traffic control in Sydney, five o'clock in the morning, I'm putting out my first sign, bent over and my pants got caught on a rusty nil right near my bottom, til my pants down my leg. I had rip pants for the rest of the day, right up until eight o'clock at night when I finished work. To make things worse, that day, I was the team leader. My butt sheet was hanging out blows having meetings on the go. That's your story, right, sir Christian. When I was twelve, I was hitting the head by a seesaw.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, Christian Wiley, try and get to the bottom of who threw the chuck and what kind of chuck. Friend of mine also got hit in the head by chuck during a Mexican Wave at the MCG. Is it a Mexican follow I didn't know that was part of the Mexica Wave. Someone in the group has to throw a chicken at the right toe when the arms go up as he goes around chickens in. Yeah, guys, Christian, did the person that tax addicted to you who throws the chuck? It was alto correct and it was who throws a chair? About the story that happened? Possibly so many questions here we can answer them right now. The man that sent the message and all I got was that who throws a chuck is on the line now, Brad, it was you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was Christian.
Speaker 20: It's the story I've been telling for years, and it always ended with who.
Speaker 1: Throws a chill? Well, I got to hear the story. Now we all want to hear the story. Brad. Thank you very much for sending it into the show as well.
Speaker 20: I appreciate that I was at the SCG back in the day I was ten years old and they used to have can to its empty cans just break up for no reason and I'm standing in the middle of the crowd and suddenly I'll get hit in the head with half a chicken.
Speaker 6: What a country can fight?
Speaker 5: Hearing that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: So people just taking cans on each other.
Speaker 7: Hey, wow, that's when they were real metal as well.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, proper cans. And tell me this what kind of so was it a half cooked one? It was cooked, a cooked half cooked, a bit of sea nice, nice chicken, salt on that.
Speaker 5: Don't bring a trick to a can fight.
Speaker 1: Brad, that's an amazing story. I'm so glad we got to clear it up. You are today's winner. I'm going to give you two hundred and fifty dollars suspend at Chemist Warehouse. Thanks a lot, Christian, love the show, Thanks mate, a really funny story. Thank you so much. Thanks Brad. Have a great day. Let's go to easy when you're cutting them on and off. Okay, let's get to Lily.
Speaker 21: Now, morning Lily, Good morning, Christian, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good? How's your morning going? So far?
Speaker 3: Lily, so fast?
Speaker 7: So good?
Speaker 1: Now, Lily's your story for us.
Speaker 10: We recently had hard rubbish around my little suburb of roads and I couldn't believe my life when I came across the kayak, but it didn't dawn on me. Perhaps it was out hard rubbish for a reason or another. So I thought we should test it. So we brought it down into our apartment complex in the pool and I jumped in. My father in law, my partner, brother in law, mother in law were all there. I thought, okay, well we did a couple laps up and down and it was staying aflow. They're perfect. Now we can go try it out in the river. But in an attempt to get out of the kayak, my bikini bottom lapped from aside, and my poor father in law in the back end would have had seen everything. No One knowing what had happened, were laughing and hysterics, wondering what's going on, until they realized I'm actually stuck. You're trying to flail get me off. Well, I can't get off because I'm stuck by my bum and this boot. I sculerated the face, foot and ventilating.
Speaker 22: And all thought, oh, what a scene, unbelievable and wow, so how they get you out?
Speaker 10: Well, eventually everyone worked out that I was quite stuck, and he couldn't flail to get me out, so both and the brother in law and the partner came around. They had to lift me up, but I think more ended up getting exposed with their assistance and needed to do.
Speaker 1: What a scene? What a scene?
Speaker 10: Yes, it was quite a day. We ended up checking on him every day for a week and I think you're still recuperating.
Speaker 3: Lely.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for sharing that incredible story. Brilliant story well told. Thank you have a great day you too.
Speaker 10: Thanks.
Speaker 3: Christian the Christian o'connal Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Right now we need your help moving one of our Christian O'Connell's show, Beach Cabanas around a very big country, like a crazy big country.
Speaker 17: With your generosity, can you help move Christians Cabana all the way to Perth from Cool and Gata. Can you help move Christians caa passing in.
Speaker 23: Time from listener to listener, Let's move Christian.
Speaker 5: Carbana.
Speaker 1: All right, this is a big day today, a really big day. So it's been on the move since Thursday. Thursday, Josh from the show flew up to the Gold Coast where one of you Jazz who listens to the show on the Gold Coast, received the cabaner and then in the first day she received it and then handed it off Tiny. You're in charge of cabana affairs on the show. Have you a chance yet to floss your teeth?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the kind of team we know. The all mean. So who then picked up that Rowena Rowena picked it up, Yeah, and now drove it to Sydney.
Speaker 5: To Sydney. Then on Sunday dropped it off with Gail. And it's with Gail as we speak.
Speaker 1: So Gail runs the optometris, Yes, and they have one in Bateman's Bay, which is where it's going to be this afternoon.
Speaker 5: This afternoon, about four o'clock, it should be there.
Speaker 1: Okay, you said that like people should just look up in the sky. You might see a land at that Haley's Common at four o'clock today. And then we've just got a small problem of how do we get it from Bateman's Bay moving towards Melbourne, Melbourne to Adelaide, Adelaide to Berth.
Speaker 5: It's a small my problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yes, So we have got this message from one of you.
Speaker 13: Karen, Hi Christian, my name's Karen. I'm happy to be your cabana person and pick up the cabana from Gail in Batemans. I'm heading up there Tuesday. I'll be back Saturday night to Jembrook. The only problem is I need someone to pick up the cabana from Jembrook on Sundays. I'm going away for another week.
Speaker 1: We gain something and possibly lose a week. So that's that she can And also I didn't realize locals. She just called it baits no time for bay, no time for the bait, very Eussie way, not got letters and words.
Speaker 6: But we keep going from small town to small town. So Bateman's eight thousand people, Jembrook smaller guessing two thousand. Wow, the odds that someone is going through Jembrook heading to Melbourne.
Speaker 1: On the way and Sunday afternoon afternoon and then she's away.
Speaker 21: For a week whole week.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's a snag. That's a snag.
Speaker 1: So is this the only way at the moment of getting it moving it some way towards Melbourne.
Speaker 5: At this point? Yeah, biggest comfy chooses.
Speaker 1: But that's such a slim window on Sunday that someone's anywhere near Jembrook.
Speaker 5: It's not a good plan.
Speaker 1: We never said it's an okay, all right, so can anyone help.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Who knew we had so many people listening connected to Jembrook. The lines have gone crazy. I actually saw the people calling in thought we must have been running a competition giving money away. And Marie's on the line. First of all, A Marie, Hi, A Marie, welcome to the show. You mun hop out the cabana.
Speaker 24: I absolutely would love to. Jembrook is not too far from home. I'm happy to pick it up and then take it into Melbourne CBD when I go to work jet In.
Speaker 1: Really you do that this week for us?
Speaker 24: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Oh my godness. So when could you anythink you can pick it up? When suits you?
Speaker 24: I can pick it up on Sunday, preferably in the morning because I've got a birthday. But then I can take it into town on Monday, Wednesday or Thursday.
Speaker 1: This is great, This is great. A Marie, stay there, but for now, thank you?
Speaker 24: No the worry.
Speaker 10: Are you welcome?
Speaker 1: Listen? We thought it was stuck in jem Brook. No, the miracle of jem brooks to stamping guys. All right, time for today's time waste to put a band in a movie or in a movie? Put a band in a movie. That's what the kids called it. Now you know the movies. But a band in a movie up for grabs Gold Class Group pass movies out now, Marty Supreme, Zooto, P two, Avatar, Fire and Ash's Grammy's Yesterday. So asking you to merge a band and a movie. Okay, band in a movie? What about Chicken Run DMC.
Speaker 5: My Great movie?
Speaker 1: Gold, Bus Cassidy and the Sundance Kid Rock, Silver, Nasty remake that would be Away Sister Acts, Godberg and the Brothers Silver plus Elton john Wick Gold. You do not mess with Elton john Wick, a martial artist and a pianist. No Country for Old Menutework Silver, Lord of the Stings Gold and Backstreet Boys to the Future Silver plus Alight Rio.
Speaker 5: What have you got Dirty Hansome.
Speaker 1: Cold? That's gold?
Speaker 5: Who framed Bad Bunny?
Speaker 1: Oh, very good, but Bronze, it's not that funny.
Speaker 5: We bought the Who.
Speaker 1: That's good smart Gold.
Speaker 6: And men who steer at Goatier negotiate Gold.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: What have you got to put a band in a movie? Text to me, will mark them next.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Shot Gone Podcast.
Speaker 1: The time Wasters day the best stuff of the of the time waster in the last almost three weeks of the show. Wow, very good. Before that, though, breaking news, breaking news on the cabanathon.
Speaker 5: Can you help.
Speaker 23: Move Christian's cabana all the way to Perth.
Speaker 17: From Cool and Gata.
Speaker 9: Can you help move Christian's cabana?
Speaker 23: Passing in time from listener to listener, Let's move Christian.
Speaker 17: Cabana.
Speaker 1: So last week, as we were heading into the second week of our new national show one show five cities around this great southern land, I wanted to test if it was working. How strong is the trust between us and so I thought we could find a listener on the Gold Coast. What if we flew up one of our beach cabaners to a listener in Gold Coast? Could we then find another listener to pick it up from them to bring to Sydney, to Sydney to Melbourne, Melbourne to Adelaide and then a really, really hard stretch is always going to be Adelaide, another ball all the way over to Perth. So far, though, so far, it's gone pretty good. In five days, it's heading to Jembrook today. This is amazing. Scenes I found a way. I've found a way almost to get it to Perth.
Speaker 5: Okay, whoa okay from Groo.
Speaker 1: But and in someone that does web design to help out someone, okay, Christian, I'm hoping I can negotiate a trade with you. I'm happy to draw it to Diar Winter, Perth, anywhere, whatever leg you need doing. I'm partially retired. Love to fish, so I can use the time to unlock a fish. It give me just to hit some fishing holes along the way the trainer I was looking for. So I need some how to get someone to help me fix my website. I set up a website to sell my personal watch collection so I can fund renovating my house which is falling apart. Can someone help me? I'll help you. If you can get them to help me, I'll help you. He's happy to drive it from Melbourne or Adelaide to Perth and go fishing along the way. I love this. It's a win win for him. It's a win for.
Speaker 5: Us to help us, help him help us.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay. Someone who works in sorting out websites, can you help out Ben?
Speaker 5: That's an unbelievable deal. Yeah, a lot of time, yes, okay.
Speaker 1: Yes, So please if you do web design, please contact the show now give me called thirteen fifty five twenty two. Ben Furness, you're a legend. Yes, I take you up on that. We can definitely help you out. I know there'll be someone listening. We can do that. You get to go fishing along the way, you can sit under the cabana. Yes, all right, So we're asking you to put a band into a movie. Men who stare at holder notes gold. That's very good. How to Lose a sigh in ten Days? Silver plus, well done, Ari the Banshees of Ed Shearing. That's very good, mate, Billy Eloceans, Billy Ocean's eleven silver a mighty Bruce Springsteen teen Wolf Stewie, well done. What about Bruce All mighty mighty boss.
Speaker 4: Tones silver plus Mike that's very good. Daft Punk Vader gold, Yeah, yeah, gold, that's justin well done. Lord of the Ringo Stars silver, Rainbow Stein gold plus. My god, that's so smart from Emstein, even someone with no Ramstein German heavy heavy heavy techno band. I'm spied right, darl Eminem for Murder gold when Dirty Harrimet Sally silver and Leroy Men at work in ninety.
Speaker 1: Five La Silver. Almost dude wears my metallic car gold. Steve well done, Abaconda, He's an all time high. That's Sue, That's very good, Abaconda King, Richard Marx. What I'm Paula, I know what you did last n A summer Silver plus Milania and Kim not Mellan, Kim Mullania just out this weekend Go for Patsy was there, she loved Mood of the Year.
Speaker 7: I was at the single ticket.
Speaker 1: Bridget Tones and I Richet and what are Michael Rodwell throw Mammas and Pappa's on the train? Silver Gorillas and the Missy Higgins gold brilliant the Hills have will I am Bronze limp Sea Biscuit gold plus one of Michael Bailey limp Sea Biscuit is so good, you tell you.
Speaker 21: Maguire Coolier Runnings gold plus as well Edward Scissor Sister Hands gold, Yenteler's Anything one for the older listeners film the seventies, Streiser.
Speaker 1: Alright, Hartship Pictures one winner because they were all there more golds and they're the other time waste a long while. Thank you very much for those. I think we have to do a Part two tomorrow. Those whore outstanding, the store load coming in all right, who's off to Gold Class or three mates?
Speaker 5: Mike Bailey, Limpsey biscuit.
Speaker 1: Mate, We're back to my Thank you so much for being part of the show.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast