Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Happy Father's Day to you yesterday, Christian.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Jack is like he's stumbled to remember.
Speaker 2: My name Apple for the teacher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Patsy. How is Chris his father's day?
Speaker 2: Had a lovely day? Thank you? Yes, Yes, very nice day.
Speaker 1: Breakfast in bed and all the frills. Yeah, I've got off for breakfast in bed. I've never gone for that option because it's too much mess. I get too stressed about the flakage in the bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never had it, but I don't aspire to it for the same reason.
Speaker 1: It was good to have better aspirations as well, rather than having my bread. It's always always hashtag life goes having a meal in bed. Mine yesterday was a Yeah. It started Saturday afternoon my wife and I because my wife comes up to me and goes, do you know what, Chris? This is the I don't think anymore we should buy presents on their behalf because they haven't got each other something. So I'm not gonna. I'm not gonna do you know what. I've had to get you something, but I'm not giving it toorrow. They should have to just sit with the concert. Why are we now sting this role? On the eve of my day? I said, tell you what, all that all that stuff you got for Mother's Day, you have got nothing unless I had to go out and actually buy it. They didn't get you a single thing. Oh but the candle, the story went. I told them to tell you that you would have never had a single.
Speaker 2: Gift, So you write the meaning behind it.
Speaker 1: I have to sell them into a story. It takes weeks of production the thing. I said, So why on the eve of my one this no more thing? So I'm going to get nothing and weren't going to sit in some awkward standoff on my father's Day? Why did we start this at the beginning of the year.
Speaker 2: Do you think if he was left afpter them? Because they're almost adults now, you know, in their mid teen.
Speaker 1: If that's what adults says, the world is screwed.
Speaker 2: Screw you think they will get you nothing.
Speaker 1: Percause they got the teenagers. It's all about them and it has to be so anyway, my wife said, fine, fine, when I have got you something, you know, I didn't even know if they're going to wrap it up. I said, okay, So Anyway, fast forward to Father's Day. I am now super excited about Father's Day because I know it's going to be some drama and an argument between the three of them. Of course there is straight away the kids picked this thing up, but by the way, they forgot there was even a gift. I saw the gift wrapped. They sat down and just handed me their cards, and I left a gap, and then there was like looks between my wife and then and they went, oh, oh almost my point notes over there went this is already amazing favorite Father's Day. They have it the wrong way. My wife goes, no, it's and twist something up. It looks like a lampshade. I open it up and it's clearly not from them. First thing is something which I'm super excited about. It's a fireproof leather apron for when I'm using the smoking. Super excited about that. It's got a big pouch at the front. It's fireproof, right, I kept telling people that this is fireproof. The other thing was some pot that you would stand a chicken on the top of and I can put in the smoker. Not being picked by the kids. Then they give me their homemade cards and he's two beautiful paintings that they've done as well, which is really really nice, better than any gift. Then open up one of the cards from Lowis the almost fifteen year old, and I could tell it looked like she'd set out a load of thank you, thank you for this, and it looked like she'd got opted for There was six. I get the friend she'd left room with a card for ten out that was a really big gap. While we got to six and lots of love. Lois pay them there for seventy eight.
Speaker 2: Ninety odd number as well as first.
Speaker 1: One of them was thank you for teaching me to ride a bike. That's eleven years ago. That's eleven. Yeah, but perhaps that's eleven years ago. That's in there every year right there. I'm like, we're over that. Thank you for the thanks, but come on, it's eleven years ago. We can't still going. Hey, by that time I took you to rider bikes, you didn't even ride a bike anything.
Speaker 2: You like an artist. We love your old kids, you new stuff not so much.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about that riding your bike again. Flash back to two thousand and nine. Then the last or us I think this is a compliment. I'll take it as a compliment, well, simply thank you for not being a normal, boring dad. Yeah, but perhaps all I keep to hear is the word normal. So what does that mean? Thank you for being an abnormal dad. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast