Speaker 1: Hey, Legends, welcome back to the Mason Cock Show. We have a big, big episode. It is rivalry round as a mouthful. We've got the Q Clash, Battle of the Bridge, who's the best in Adelaide, Carlton versus Collingwood. There are some massive, massive games this weekend. We're gonna preview them all and see who he thinks gonna win this. It's gonna be an epic episode, so let's get straight into it. All right, Legends, big episode, it is screw. We're gonna call it rivalry round this round. There was plenty happening. There is a lot of beef between all these teams playing this weekend, so we'll get straight into it. But Brighton, welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me. Mate, So I can't calling with Cartoner.
Speaker 1: The rival say, so, there's got a decent rivalry.
Speaker 2: Going probably go into the rivalry territory. Have you had some big against Caldon? Have you had some kicked four or five, six, seven?
Speaker 1: Guys? I actually haven't, to be honest, I feel like every time we play Carleton it's a low scoring affair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no team wants to lose.
Speaker 1: It's a very just it's a really in and under real physical content.
Speaker 2: I think you'll want a piece. Last year, yeah, on a piece, so who knows? Who knows? Both right up there again this year, let's jump into the fixture because it starts Thursday night. Adelaide versus the Port of Adelaide. Now this is going to be an absolute showdown. You could say Port without Eli earlier, pal Pepper and Rosie some big injuries last week, big injuries not.
Speaker 1: Ideal for them and Adelaide, you know, playing North Melbourne pumped them. I think they scored one hundred and thirty eight points last week, so they've gotten a bit of confidence going into this game and playing Adelaide that's probably going to have to shift a few magnets to be able to fill their spots from some big timeouts. Is going to be an interesting one. So I don't know, I don't know what it's going to get. I kind of want to put it out there that this might be the upset of the round Adelaide beating Port Adelaide, but I'm going to save it. I want to save I am going to choose Adelaide though, but I'm not going to make a big deal about it. I'm not feeling great. I'm feeling great about.
Speaker 2: My cocklock got up from last week. I had Melbourne over Richmond put myself out time. You were a bit like yeah, yeah, they were at the start. I was like, what's Richmond doing? Come on? This is my I can't have this. Do you remember what your cocklock was? I think did you have Port Port beating Port beating Saint Kilda? Port beat in Saint Kilda? Yeah, at home? I think that was your cock clock.
Speaker 1: So we both got cock clocks got up last week. I love that. How do you have for this game?
Speaker 2: I'm just going to stick with I think it's smart to just go with Port. Now. We got concerned we could be like lulled into a sense of like a false economy. They did beat but a lot of people are bet North, to be honest. So I'm gonna stick with Port until they give me a reason to jump off them. Now, those injuries, a lot of injuries, big big outs. I'll back them to cover it against Adelaide. I feel like Adelaide can just get up for these though, So I don't know. Yeah, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go Port. I'm not confident though.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, we'll I'm going Oudelaide, You're going Port. We're going to the next game Saturday, Sydney versus WS Battle of the Bridge.
Speaker 2: I've been waiting for these for years where just you know, they they've been thereabouts most years. Early days GWS was this stinker and but yeah, I'm looking forward to this because as the top four battle. As it stands, both teams inside the top four, both teams looking so good in form. Yeah, I think the best part about it is they're like ball users, both so clean, so crisp, so damaging. It's going to be interesting to see. It's going to come down to who can get their hands on it. They've both got you know, Taylor Adams is in now for Sydney and Luke Parker just played in the reserves and he's he got forty odd touches tuned it up. So I feel like he comes back in. I don't know at the expense of who, because all their players are so good, but you know, you've got to get some You've got to get the ball winners in there to get it to the outside because they've got so many clean users of the ball. How do you see it play now?
Speaker 1: I've got gbis winning this one. I think just based on forward line. Yeah, NOWS has got very potent forward line. Jesse Hogan's been on fire this year and I think there's just a few more options for them going forward than what Sydney has at the moment. Still Sydney has a great forward line doing me wrong probably up there and everything else. But I think GWS has a few more options going in there. They probably trust a bit more and I think that's what's going to get them over the line. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've been very consistent. I feel the thing with GWS is has proven last year and already a bit this year. They can win kind of anywhere anytime with any squad in like they had. Obviously they lost against Carlton at Marvel was their first loss for the year, but you look at what they did to Brisbane on the weekend in Canberra, but they didn't have Toby Gran they who's their defender, Sam Sam Taylor Sam Taylor out as well and no problems, no problems at all. Then last year they pretty much wanted every stadium in Australia, like, they traveled so much.
Speaker 1: So you travel over to the SCG, Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, but my point is like I feel like, no matter what you throw at this GWS team, they can get it done. Whereas it like I've seen Sydney falter, I've seen them waiver a bit. So I'm gonna go. GWS got back my boys.
Speaker 1: Back your boys. Top four class. That's going to be a big one for the Battle of Bridge. Now, next up we have Saint Kilda versus North Melbourne at the iconic, beautiful Stadium of Marvel Or you can hear the excitement in my voice.
Speaker 2: Look, they can't all be winners, they can't all be winners, but we got.
Speaker 1: Either one of them or last week. So this is gonna be an interesting you know what.
Speaker 2: Happens in this I guarantee this happens. This is my absolute Just gaze forward a little bit, Yeah, yeah, this is my and I can see Bulldog's Hawthorne coming up. I can see a couple of This is my absolute cock clock because I tell you what, Saint Kilda needs a win as a reward for effort. They've been super consistent, they're all about pressure, team orientated, they've been doing all the right things and so far this year they've I think they lost three games in a row by like one point three points, six points or whatever. They got a little smashing and then they came out they lost last They're just losing by kind of a kick or two. But they mean it's been consistent. They've just been consistently on the wrong side of it. So I feel like coming up against North, any team that's coming up against North, I think they need to look at it as a game they have to win, and I feel like they do it and they do it in style just to get some confidence up and to get some reward for effort because they need it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got to say I've got saying killed a beating North Melbourne pretty convincingly over at Marble Stadiums. It is one of those things I think they you know, King, you need to get going in the forward line. You need to make them feel like you're getting the connection between the meds and the forwards. And if they can do that for this North against this North Melbourne squad, who knows what will happen. Because there was a lot of hype around Saint Kilda then all of a sudden, I feel like it's kind of died after the last few weeks.
Speaker 2: So their forward line as well, because King's been out and then they've had now Higgins is probably going to be out. We don't know the result as we stand. And then yeah, they've got a pretty young Ford line like they've got Cameranitie up there and the likes, So a bit more consistency out of those guys as they progress in age. But ye, they'll get it done over North because North, I don't know, they've been struggling. They've been struggling.
Speaker 1: Well, it's going to another game. It's gonna be a big one over at the MCG. We've got Melbourne and versus Geelong. Melbourne obviously a top team, Geelong undefeated. What do you see happening here?
Speaker 2: This is tasty, This is so tasty.
Speaker 1: This is a This is a real caution for Geelong. I think this is a is a testing game to see kind of exactly where they're at. Last week is also a testing game. They did really well against Carlton. But Melbourne, I think at home home game, Oh, it's going to be a battle. It's going to be an absolute battle. I mean, I'm gonna get on Melbourne over this. It's going to come down to lever May. Cameron Hawkins. Yeah, that's going to be a juicy little match up there in the fourth.
Speaker 2: Lon Well, at least, you know, when Geelong come up against Melbourne lever and may have something to worry about. They've got two very big things to worry about. They've got Jeremy Cameron and good Luck. You need the whole back line to play on him to stop him. And Hawkins is just the man mountain bean, a bit quiet. But if that's a dry game, you know under lights, I don't know, it's going to be super exciting, one of easily obviously one of the games of the round. But I'm going to go with Geelong. I just feel like both teams, you do look at them and you feel like you see some holes that could be exploited, but teams just haven't been able to do it. So it must be really good like game plan and structure. And then both teams are very mature and they have the experience out there to tell the younger guys where they need to be, what they need to be doing, and they just seem they're both on that plane though. That's the interesting part where it's just like I feel like they're both mature, they'll know when to go fast, no, when to go slow, and know what to do. It's just going to be I hope it's a tight battle.
Speaker 1: I hope for sure. I've got I'm going to go Melbourne winning this game. And it's like I said, it's going to come down to that bat on the Geelong's forward line, I think, and I think I have to put I mean dangers out now has done his hamstring. I think the midfield of Melbourne will probably get up over Geelong. If they can keep that kind of territory and keep it on their front half and you know, not allow the Geelong kind of forwards to get into the game, then they'll have a lot better chance of coming out with this win. So I've got Melbourne winning this game, Geelong not being undefeated after this round.
Speaker 2: I hope it's a tight one. Because on the other channel we got West Coast Stadium. It could be interesting now West Coast have been showing up. They won two on the trot and then you know, had a bad quarter last week, so a bad quarter and then well you know very much how good they are because you had the draw last week. So yeah, it could be a very interesting game. We could also see a lot of teams now use, especially Victorian teams that don't have to travel that much, use it as a chance to galvanize and get the whole team together. They go over like they're going into a metaphorical battle against the West Coast Eagles. So I don't know, this could be an interesting one. I still have to Harley Reid. They rested Harley Reid last week. Interesting choice because unless they know that he's banged up, proper banged up, he's in ripping form and they're winning games. So you'd have to imagine they know that he's banged up, but he was killing it red hot form. So if he comes back in which I assume he will, it makes it a lot more interesting game.
Speaker 1: I think it will be interesting. I think I would assume Holy Reed comes back at home in front of an Optis crowd. You'd love to see the kid come over there and perform, so be performing a S. Then I've got them beating West Coast here. I know it's a It's no, it's gonna be a little bit closer and plably what most people probably think. I think it'll be a three or four kind of gold game between that. But yeah, I've got them, just I don't know we're playing them. Last last week, I felt like there was a lot of experience in like the way they kind of played and the way they flooded numbers back and stuff like that, and their midfield ability to kind of get from contest to contest was elite and it was it was something. I think West Coast is probably going to struggle with a little bit over there, and we'll be interesting to see kind of how it goes. But I've got SDN winning the Spy at least a couple of goals.
Speaker 2: Now I've changed, I'm going West Coast.
Speaker 1: Ah, there we go. So we feel like.
Speaker 2: It's because Essendon had the whole hype and build up and you put everything into an exact day.
Speaker 1: They've got a break too. They probably like a ten DA breakout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then we got the big break. I'm still going West Coast. I'm on the Harley Red train to let's move over to Sunday. We call this the hangover Day. Richmond Frio MC one o'clock. Richmond stuck on one win for the year and Freo just moved inside the eight mm. So how do you see this point playing out? Because Freo traveled pretty well well they did last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they traveled pretty well. I'm gonna have to go for real free on this one. Richmond's going to have a little bit of a They have so many injuries and stuff, it's tough to pick them. They've you know, Hopper injured last week. That was kind of frustrating for them obviously.
Speaker 2: And personnel problem for I feel like.
Speaker 1: Their FOURD line is they're they're struggling to have kind of like a key pillar up there just is going to draw the ball into They've got the two rucks they're playing and they're trying to kind of have that person fill that role, but they're not seeing bang for Buch at the moment. Yeah, it's tough whenever you're playing Melbourne last week against you know, May and Leave like we had mentioned. But I think Richmond they have to find a way to be able to continually pressure opposition and make them fumble it and make mistakes for them to score off turnover and if they can do that, that's their best chance of winning. But I think Freo, I'm gonna have to pick them. They like I said, they travel well. I've got them, got a bit of a confidence this week after losing the West Coast a couple of weeks ago on the derby, and I think they'll be they'll be all right. Versus Richmond is at the MCG, which you know Richmond is home ground. But I've got Freeo winning this y is.
Speaker 2: We'd like to put that that down to a blip. We know Frio is good. They got a good forward line. There are a lot of tall timber up there, and then their midfield and you've got Jackson, Darcy and Nat Fife back to his old ways. Caleb's a wrong Andy Brayshaw. It's yeah, it's a dangerous team. So hopefully they're up and running. I reckon, I want to see Frio do well. So I think Frio come over here win at the G during the day, not in the big spotlights, not that much pressure on. Just come over and you know a little snatch and grab type thing. To Western Bulldogs versus Hawthorne Marvel Stadium, four pm. The Dogs need to win. If they lose this, the pressures all back on.
Speaker 1: Pavilion never stops with the wasting Bulldogs at the moment.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it's like when you get into this little period of like wins and losses, and.
Speaker 1: It's an expectation of being in the eight from their fans.
Speaker 2: But yeah, well you go into every week and as the teams you should beat, you need to beat them. They're not like, oh, we should have won and we just dropped it. Unlucky. You need to beat Hawthorne. You really really need to beat Hawthorne. They're obviously coming off as stinging loss, but hopefully they just ignored the scoreboard again and Western Bulldogs can get the win. They've still got the interesting forward line mix, now even more interesting because they've got Cody Weightman coming out and they've got Mara to come back in. But they've still got Lobby, Sam Darcy, Aaron Norton. Everyone's so tall, Yes, they're so freaking tall.
Speaker 1: If you're playing defense against them, you just get the ball to ground and figure the rust out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: If you can stop them from taking marks inside their ford fifty, I think you'll be fine. You'll just be able to work your hands out of there. Next thing you now you're on the other side of the field. So I mean, I've got the Bulldogs winning this at Marvel Stadium. I'm hoping I bought Caleb's back end, Caleb Daniels playing this week, because hey, they're going to need to have a good kick to get into that ford to fifty because if you don't have good kicks into that ford fifty four to fifty, pressure is probably not going to be a great indicator for the Western Bulldogs being all that tall tenber up there. So I've got the Bulldogs winning this, but Hawthorne, I think hopefully they show up and you can put a bit of a fight up for this one and it might be a bit closer.
Speaker 2: Again, we think JJ's been good too lately, so I'm going to go Western Bulldogs for that one. Now we move into a massive this is massive see massive clash of yes, enormous proportions. We talk about the Q clash Brisbane versus Gold Coast at the Gabba under Light seven ten huge game. Let's go because if Gold Coast win this, believe it or not, they could jump into the eight and Brisbane could be two and six. What do we think is gonna happen in this game? Because I tell you, as it stands, Brisbane are still favorites going into this game by a sizable margin.
Speaker 1: Interesting if it's at the Gabba, so I mean, I would say that's a positive for Bersion, but they have yet to win there this year, so that's kind of a question mark. Gold Coast winning last week I performed, Brisbane got kind of blown out last week. It's gonna be my game of the round. I will sure say that Battle of Queensland up there, it's gonna be greatful, foody. I think both of them kind of be in somewhat of a news and media kind of attention around what they're doing up there. And I mean, I can't go past my Gold Coast signs. I've got my Gold Coast signs. I've got Brisbane going two and six, and there are the top ache. They are the top egg Brighten in the season, the top eight.
Speaker 2: We're going, Oh, we don't even know what other results are. I assume they're going there. I want Gold Coast to win this game purely for the fact that it would be the first time in recent memory that I can recall where you know, you wanted Gold Coast to stand up and go, we're here, we're here, where we're going into the A. We want this moment and they take it. I can't really remember a moment ever like that in their history. So it's like I would love them to go, like, bring it on, let's take it to Brisbane. It's their chance to prove that, you know, they're a good footy club.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're building statue of Dimmer outside People's stadium after this game, baby, I know it.
Speaker 2: Leading us to the promised like making finals would be freaking huge. It's a long way out, but this is kind of one of the first step. So I'll go gold cut love that.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a huge. W Oh that's so. It feels good down.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I believe it, but I'm going.
Speaker 1: I just said it. Well, on to the next game. We've got Friday night thriller Carlton versus Collingwood at the MCG. It's going to be a massive crowd, a big game football teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nervous. Unfortunately, as I've mentioned every week on this Sam Gaston's wedding Friday afternoon wild Why.
Speaker 1: For Carlton nothing to be putting that on a Friday afternoons in saying it'll probably be there for the game start too.
Speaker 2: So this bay he's a Carlton fan and he's organized his wedding five thirty Friday, The Night of Carlton Collingwood. I don't know what he's doing, but I mean I'm looking forward to it. It's going to be a great night that we will all cherish and remember forever. But will his team win or will the Collingwood Football Club prevail? Massive? One last time? If you remember a bit of a crazy game, Charlie bobbed up kicks six six. That's a lot of goals, a lot of goals, and Jeremy Howe was pushed forward and kicked three. Yeah, and then it was everyone was asking if how he's going to be the new Ford and created a bit of a stir. But how do you see this game playing out? Because you're gonna have to go up against the Frenchman and.
Speaker 1: The counting big boys. Yeah, it's gonna be interesting one. Obviously, a massive crowd Friday Night, thriller, big rivalry. I mean this week is just full of ries, absolutely top four of them. It's always an awesome game, Like there's so much attention and stress and anxiety and excitement. Never all the emotions. I kind of go into this game from the supporters and you know, obviously it's quite a bit of beef between Carlton and Collingwood. They always say you can have you know what, is it like a really bad season, but as long as you beat Carlton were happy.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I remember back in the days of whenever we weren't winning games, that was the one thing you always were told. So, yeah, it's gonna be a massive game. I mean, if we're sitting there and who we're gonna pick, obviously you're gonna pick Collingwood being a calling Wood player. But yeah, it's gonna be It's gonna be great. It's a great matchup in the middle. Two very experienced teams, I feel like with some of the midfielders, So gonna be going against each other with Patrick Cripps and Pindles and everyone else. And you know, the big thing is Charlie and the other boy mcconnie. Yeah, so if we can stop them from kicking six like Charlie did last time, they'll help us definitely. But there are two guys that are absolutely killing it in the Ford line. Blake Acres going really well, Sam Walsh has going really well. Their team is, you know, firing on all cylinders at the moment. So it's gonna be a massive challenge for us, and hopefully we can kind of, you know, stem the flow of what they're able to do and get the win over the weekend.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a massive when both teams are up and about. It's scary. They just got one hundred thousand members. Collin would have been doing that for a bit. But it's good to see that. Good to see they they got there. But yeah, massive, hopefully. I don't know if you go back kick an give it to them on the mark all the standard Mason cock stuff. Coming after long break, you're feeling any different coming off a long break? Do you notice it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you definitely have the recovery because we had the five day break and then in two essentially, I think it's like an aid or nine day break we've had now, So you just give that body a little bit extra time to recover or fill your cup up with other things outside of football that you enjoy and you know, get a bit of happiness in the life. So it's yeah, it's it's definitely a good feeling. Anzac Day is an amazing, incredible experience, but I guess one of the downsides of it is it kind of falls on a day and you just have to figure out the schedule around it. And being a five day break or sometimes even like a four day break. You know, we've had into Anzac days. It's it's kind of crazy. So it's it's nice now being on the back end of that, being able to get a bit of a longer break on its a big game like this is exciting.
Speaker 2: Do you hate Cohen?
Speaker 1: Do I hate Carleton? Yeah? Yeah, I think it's I think it's like you have to write, like, as long as you wear the black and white stripes, you can never like Carlton, right yeah, just the.
Speaker 2: Whole aura of them. Just hate them. You don't want to.
Speaker 1: That's the thing, right Carlton and Collingwood are sometimes similar fanatical people, right yeah. They're very very gun ho for the team. You have to respect that. And then the other one is the exact opposite and well as far as they support, right yeah, but they're very very passionate about their supporting of their team. So I understand Carlton. I understand where they come from and why they are the where they are, and I think they understand the way that we are. But you know, there's very much that that rivalry and hatred towards each other that kind of builds this whole thing is as a massive game that's going to happen on Friday Night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's less about the individuals that you hate on the team and more just if my mate, who's a cult and supporter, if they get a win and he won't stop chirping me all week until well all year, until you really get the next win. It's painful. It's very very painful. But yeah, that's that's kind of it for the game reviews. So let's jump into the fan questions, which we love a lot.
Speaker 1: Better for the fans social every single week we put them.
Speaker 2: Up love it on Instagram. Jump over, let's go into the footy questions. This from Nimen Nimen. Who on field gives you the most lip? Who's that little chattering?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no no no, there's not too many. There used to be a lot when of our first started. There's a lot of people who are like, get off here, your stupid Yankee, you dumb American, get fucked. There's a lot. Yeah, I mean it was pretty easy. I was doing stupid shit like you know, throw on the ball and you know, just trying to knock people's heads off. I didn't really understand the rules either, which didn't help. But not too many people talk too much trash nowadays. I feel like people were somewhat Whenever you're around for a decent amount of time, you can't get to know people, so it's kind of like you're not not necessarily mates, but like you respect each other a bit more. Yeah, but I'll say one team that does chirp quite a bit as Brisbane. You got Zorka over there. Metroblinson was another one that was up there. They love a bit of chattered, a little bit of chatter, and I think it's part of their whole kind of like trying to intimidate the opposition. But yeah, there's not to me that do it now. Is probably one of the ones that comes to mind over the years, and I think everyone's pretty well aware of his tactics, you could say, of that, So that's probably the number one that comes to mind. I would say, yeah, little fella down there's always the little fellas and you just kind of look at him and you're like, come on, mate, come on.
Speaker 2: The hair ruffle. Before a hair ruffle, who do you think will succeed you from it's him, you like, in terms of rock, one day you will be deceased to the football. Well, and who's going to replace you?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 2: Do you see that?
Speaker 1: Be? Well, Darcy Camera's you know, he's obviously he's playing rockman now. So I'm still pretty young, isn't He's still pretty young? Yeah, yeah, so he'll be there for a while. And you know, I'm splitting kind of roles between the rock and the Ford line and film gaps that we have. So yeah, I think Darcy Cameron father the one that comes to mind. You know, I've got you know, Beggy and Steeney. They're going really well. And you know, even like last year we had like Billy Frampton who was playing rock whenever Darcy and myself were out. Tall he is tall, and he's big, he's stocky. So there's a few guys we can kind of throw into that position. But yeah, I'm not really sure. I think it'll be interesting to kind of, you know, see and once it is all done said and done, to see kind of you know, who know, you kind of pass the baton and the torch on too, to have that in career once you're done and it's going to be great to see and hopefully, you know, you can help them get to that point and be you know, a bit of a mentor and someone that can help them strive and succeed in their career, especially in the early days. So Darcy Cameron's probably the one that comes to mind, obviously with the way it's going, but you just never know, never know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could be Todd Goldstein comes across fiftieth club and he's one hundredth year. I don't think what's the best part about Anzac Dave Footy that's from Jay ah Man.
Speaker 1: I think some of the storytelling is really cool. I love the storytelling that you probably don't hear too much throughout the year, and then obviously whenever the day comes around, it's an incredible moment to be able to tell the war stories of people and people have fought for the freedoms we take for advantage of every single day, and it's pretty incredible, like you just try to put yourself in those shoes, but you never fully can, and it is one of those things. It brings you back to just how fortunate you are as a person whenever you do hear these stories, So that's kind of one of my favorite things about it. You know, I think Australia does it really well, phenomenally well, paying respects to the ANZACs and people have served, so I know America is big on it too, and it's amazing to kind of and I know they would feel the love too, and it's amazing to be part of that day and you feel extremely honored to be able to help bring attention to it by playing a football game, which is you know, very minuscule and the whole kind of grand scheme of things. But to be able to bring the media attention and everything else and be able to tell those stories on TV is one of the best parts of the day through footy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it is nice. I always like hearing the stories.
Speaker 1: That's cool. It's yeah.
Speaker 2: I have this one from Josephine. How do you get paid? Match payments and salaries set for it? How's it all away?
Speaker 1: I want to dive into the details of my contract because that is not public knowledge, although somehow the media tends to release numbers that don't marry up with it. But that's okay. We all like to lie in the media, don't wait anyway. So yeah, now there's two different ways I think players get paid in the AFL, Right, there's match payments and there's salaries. So some of the older people have been there for a little bit longer, they'll get paid salary, they'll know what they're you know, their income is going to be for the year. And then there's some of the younger players, for second year players and stuff. They'll have match payments where they get paid their salary based salary, and then they get paid extra based on how many AFL games sorry AFL games they've played throughout the year. So depending on where you're in your career, depending on your contract situation, it's very different. But yeah, sometimes match payments for the younger fellas can be, you know, a big deal. Whenever you're eighteen, nineteen years old, to get a big trunk of payment every single time you play a game, it's pretty amazing. And yeah, it's just it's wild to think for some of the guys that haven't really had work experience, all of a sudden, you get these opportunities to make decent money at a young age.
Speaker 2: Did you ever go out and buy something when you first got your your salary?
Speaker 1: The first thing I ever spent my first check on It is actually a weird story. And if I ever ever told to be honest, but my first paycheck I ever got first playing a game, my first what do you call bonus? I guess you could say I ended up giving the whole thing back to the two people that helped me the most, which was Craig McRae and Anthony Rockett.
Speaker 2: General questions, what would you rather be? Three foot or nine foot?
Speaker 1: Jake the foot and nine foot dude? Nine foot?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, it comes with a lot of problems.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nine foot. I think three foot.
Speaker 2: Like you already complained about how tall you are, imagine being like another two.
Speaker 1: Foot, I'd be absurd. I wouldn't do that, all right. I mean I'd just be living in nature. I wouldn't have the ability to live in a house. Just a sad Seriously, you would if you're three feet tall, I mean, like you're just getting kicked everywhere you go.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't I think there's a limit to Like, you wouldn't play footy because it's like seven foot you're still like mobile. Nine foot you're a freak, Like I don't think you can move or run or like anything.
Speaker 1: Nine foot you can play in the NBA, though, and you make a hell of a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you just have to stand under the rim in case.
Speaker 1: The rim is literally under your arms, if you stuck your hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're not really earning stacks at three foot because it's a chimney sweep or.
Speaker 1: Something that's nightfoot, a nightfoot.
Speaker 2: We want to jump into this because I've brought it down as various because there's so many people that ask, but they want to know, what's your review of the new Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: Album thirty one songs, thirty one thirty one songs? Yes, I have it fully so like what happens when these albums come out, right, you need a full day to dissect the full album? Yeah, right, because it's not just music. It's not just words on you know, on an album, it's it's a story. And like every song is a story of the exploy, friends, the new boyfriend, Kim Kardashian, all these things, right, and you have to really go down the rabbit hole. And I haven't done that yet. Yeah, I'm very kind of aware of a lot of different things from this album of what's going on, but I haven't had that full day to sit down and dissect song by song what is going on? And that's that's why I'm really looking forward to it. So they're all really good, Like I really like the album. It's good, but I need that that that moment. I feel like the Swifties out there understand you need that day just to fully go into that, you know, that black hole of just sorting out what every sentence and every lyric is about.
Speaker 2: Just does it have a vibe? Is it like a is it a breakup lie? Is it a new relationship? Is it like a whole thing? Is it like sad? Is it happy?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say it's not like a pop album, like really, it's a I don't know the proper terminology to describe it, to be honest. On Travis Kelcey, yeah, she did one. She did one with him, which is pretty cool to see that be I don't think she's ever really done one about like because her relationship is very public right with Travis, and she's never really been like that. So it's kind of cool to hear a song be made about something that's a very public entityeth that makes sense.
Speaker 2: So imagine this right, this is this could send you just away with the fairies. But right, Taylor Swift is like Mason, I want to start dating you have this awesome relationship. Right, she brings out a new album and you hear a song about you, and it's her just saying how much she's in love with you. What would it mean to you just listening to that song? How would you react?
Speaker 1: I would think it would be it'd be kind of weird, to be honest, because then you're going, like this goes into folklore of like, if it's a really good song that becomes very popular, I'm going to hear this song for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then it could be scary at the same time, because you know there's a flip side.
Speaker 1: Well here's the other side exactly. Look at Adele, right. Adele's like albums. Right, she goes through a breakup, She writes a fire album every single time she goes through a breakup, and it's like iconically done for the rest of the life. So if you're the guy that you broke up with, you're like, well, you know the whole Rolling in the Deep album, like you're welcome. So yeah, I mean what I got out of that is Taylor Swifts interested and yes, I will date you.
Speaker 2: You're in the car listening to her album for the first time, and your song came on.
Speaker 1: Take of approval first from the person you're.
Speaker 2: In the car. You just take off and fly off into the clouds. But that's yeah, that's a good question. He's still listening. Uh this one, I can't really read out the name there, but thoughts on Starbucks.
Speaker 1: Starbucks Now, Starbucks is an iconic coffee brand back in the US, very much different here. It's the same. So it's all over so you see it in every.
Speaker 2: Major city from taste and all that stuff. But it's like it's sugar.
Speaker 1: It's sugar with coffee, right, And it's a crime in melbourn because Melbourne's got the best coffee in the world. To go to a monopolized kind of place that you can get anywhere in the world. Yeah, it's not rot. It's just a it's a terrible And I have like Americans that come over here and they're addicted to Starbucks in the US and they come here and like, oh, I've got to get my Starbucks coffee in the morning, and I'm like, there are a million different options that are way better than that here in Melbourne. You can't do that. That's like this absolute sin. But then in America they don't have all these different things of you know, whenever you order a coffee, it's a very different order because they do like the they don't do like the cold drips and stuff. They just have like black coffee right where.
Speaker 2: Their sizes are like bucket and fucking bucket.
Speaker 1: Ocean. It is very different. But I love the Melbourne coffee way better than Starbucks. If you want something that's super sugary and sweet and everything else, Starbucks is You're probably your go to in the US, and a lot of Americans love that. So it is a monopoly that's killed it over there. And yeah, you get the whip cream and everything else on top, stuff you will not see in a Melbourne coffee store.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's a good one. Now we all know that you went and saw Tones and I and Live Golf. What were the highlights of both?
Speaker 1: I Live Golf was epic Australian's one, which was awesome. Their team won and beat out the South Africans in like a playoff hole which was insane. So like the build up and there was like one hundred thousand people that had gone through over the weekend. South Australia put on an absolute show for it. Eighteen holes obviously being golf, and they had the twelfth hole was the party hole, which is like a par three, so you can instantally get a hole in one maybe and everyone's losing their mind and you got Fishers too, and shoeies and people were throwing shoes left, run and center and drinking drinks.
Speaker 2: Ever.
Speaker 1: It was just insanity. And I did rummage down there and it spent about fifteen minutes down there the little party area. It was absolutely sober, so it was a very interesting experience for me. But said hot everyone, you know whatnot and then yeah, we went out and tones and I was performing on Friday night, which was awesome. Incredible artist obviously a Melbourne local and someone that we all kind of you know, I guess our role. She's an amazing role model for the girls out there and she's an incredible human being. Absolutely love her and it was great to see her performing over there. It was awesome. Fisher was the second day. He was amazing. I've got to go up backstage with him and it was just as a wild scenario of just seeing like that iconic photo of like the DJ and the foreground and like tens of thousands of people just like fully scattered and they're all in the palm of this guy's hand. It was just insane. So cool man, so cool, and he's heasy legend. Say, it was awesome and I had a great time. I met a lot of live people over last year in Miami, and you got to catch up with them, and yeah, they're just really good people. And you get to you know, I think good things happen to good people, and you get to hang out with them and just catch up with what's going on in their life and people get married and everything else, and it's yeah, it was awesome. It was a great time. I loved it, and I definitely will be back. And well done, well done Adelaide. Well done Adelaide for hosting an amazing event.
Speaker 2: I will say that I think Adelaide a killing it. Like they're going.
Speaker 1: Really well man like between that and the gather round over the last two or three years. Peter. I think it's Peter. Their premiere is He's loved by all the locals. I feel like as of recent.
Speaker 2: They've got the wine over there too, which you can't go past the one. Now, let's jump into dating from fighting chickens. How far in the relationship do you let them know you're not exclusive and you're actually part of the Goggle Gang.
Speaker 1: Not exclusive and part of the Goggle Gang. Wow. I would say, if you're going to tell someone you're sorry, if you're going to tell them you're not exclusive, do it as soon as possible. Yeah, be forthright with these things. Tell them from the beginning.
Speaker 2: And I feel like, just let everyone know you're in the Goggle Gang.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's a that's a pre elite gang. So yeah, And I think it's it's it's always best to be upfront with people and let them know your intentions before because the longer it goes, the more awkward that conversation is. Whenever you're not on the same page. Yeah, And it's just a tough thing to to break someone's heart who thought it was more than what it was and stuff like that. I think it's just best to be open and honest.
Speaker 2: Good call. That's a good call. Are you more likely to date someone that has no idea about football or someone that likes football?
Speaker 1: I no idea, no idea about football. It's my preference. I think it's kind of like if you kind of dated someone you worked with, you know, be kind of.
Speaker 2: Weird one of your coaches, and you get home and their lecture and knew about hardball gets.
Speaker 1: It's very odd.
Speaker 2: I watched the game, what was this hit out? And they got tape.
Speaker 1: You want someone to be supportive of your career, right, but you don't want them to be obsessed about your career. That's weird. Like for someone to sit there and like be a Collingwood nuffy and want it. I couldn't do it. So I'm going to say someone who probably doesn't really know a lot about football is probably my preference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fair because yeah, they're dating you and they're Collingwood.
Speaker 1: Your question whether the day you or you're dating the player Dacos Oh he's going to miss his unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Nick like.
Speaker 1: Good guy, good guy. Yeah, that's a sketch you on.
Speaker 2: That's a bit of good question. Tell us about your experience dating inter cultural girls.
Speaker 1: INTERculture cultural So.
Speaker 2: Take us back to when you first moved to Australia and then you started dating. Obviously the Australian girls where they what was the difference So they.
Speaker 1: Get a mine, you want to go out and catch a couple of drinks to your mind. It was it was interesting. It was a very different right, because like everyone's into different things, whether it be you know, sports are very different here. People are just a different thing. Like, but the way people grow up is totally different in Australia than America. America goes off to college, you leave home at an early age, you grow up, and then you kind of go to another city after that and you start your career and you start your life there. Where in Australia, one thing I've noticed is people grow up in a city and a lot of times end up in that city at the same time. And that's very different from back home, I feel like. So that was a bit of a shock. I mean, like I left home at eighteen, so whenever I came over here, I was like, people were like, twenty three, twenty four are still at home, and I was kind of like, well, it was like so foreign to me and so odd. So that kind of that threw me for a bit. And I've always been super independent, so I've always kind of wanted to do my own thing. But yeah, Australian women are amazing they're incredible, They're awesome. I'm saying this because I'm just trying to leave a chance out there braidon. But they're because they're all listening, will kill me otherwise. But it is very different to dating American women. I think it is a different upbringing, different kind of things, like like people here talk about what school you went to right away, yeah, and no one says that back home in America. No one's like, oh, you went to what high school? And it's like everyone's like what college did you go to? What university did you go to? So there's differences in that of kind of like what connects people and what people value and what people want to talk about and things like that. So sometimes is a bit awkward for me to sit there and go, I didn't go to school here. I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't know. I don't connect with you about this. You know, let's move to another subject. Yeah, yeah, So that's that's been an interesting one for me to guess work around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'd be like, strokes, look at the size of your dingo, mate, Yeah, I don't. I don't like to talk about my school. My school got demolished because it had too much aspest us in it. But I feel like country people explained a country people are the same because we had to move. I moved down here. I used to get up and milk the cows when I was four months old, and then used to carve all my clothes out of a tree back home and then move into the big smoke Jesus A bit, it's a bit hard to get used to it. Anyway, Let's jump into what's the biggest age gap you'd date now? This is thirty three?
Speaker 1: Thirty three? Yeah, yeah, young buck. They I've been told the way you can do this. I think this kind of works mostly right. So there's a certain cutoff obviously with everything. But I think with like older, like the older you get, right, it's not as weird to date someone like that's you know, five years younger, ten years younger in the ear. Yeah, so if you're like sixty, it's not weird to dates fifty, where if you're like, if you're thirty, it's kind of weird to date someone that's twenty. So I say, and I've been told this, and I think it kind of works somewhere. It's half your age plus seven is the youngest you can get.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, quick math, quick math, half your age, half my age because I'm an even number, I'm thirty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so half my age. What is that? Sixteen plus seven.
Speaker 2: Seventy seventy plus seven, twenty four, twenty four. Hey, if any twenty four year olds want to talk to me.
Speaker 1: No, that's the lower ends.
Speaker 2: No, this is my my thing. I just I can't relate to someone that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. I'm like, there's a certain cutoff for everyone, and like there's a certain preference for certain people, right, yeah, probably.
Speaker 2: What do you say, twenty eight twenty eight. I feel like because comes into it my immaturity, So like I can't date anyone my age because I'm I'm below them, below that maturity. Okay, yeah, yeah, so I got to go a bit younger. So mate, Yeah, after your.
Speaker 1: Age plus seven is my advice for most people. There is a cut off for that as far as age. I have to keep saying that. I feel like that's an asterisk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, I reckon around around twenty eight twenty nine something, because you if you want kids and stuff, you've got to be in the same ballpark for like, wanting to do that in your life, Like it's a big thing for like obviously both, but like the woman has to put the life on hold work and like all that stuff. It's a massive ass. So it's really you got to figure that out, but you don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's that career. I think the two things you have to kind of juggle and see what you're.
Speaker 2: Well, you see, seventy year old dad's out there. Now. I don't even know how that's possible shooting dust. But we'll see, we'll see when we get there. I'll still be englan at seventy. But I do want to say, jumping into that, I did ask for people to DM me, and I did get I did get a lot of d ms. Now, probably a third and a third and a third. It was like a third of people thinking that I'm depressed and alone, and hey, they're not that far off. But it wasn't it wasn't a cry for help that much. I was just looking for tangible like, oh, improve go to this place. It's a great place for a date, Like little suggestions that are coming on. Oh, like I like someone was like, oh I like a guy that wears like these jeans and like this shit, like real like tangible shit that I can go and just buy that that I like that, and then a couple of dates like I like this wine bar, and I like this place and stuff like that, and then you can go for a walk here, get your lardie, ye, all that kind of stuff. I like that. So yeah, that was really handy. I got to get back to messaging those people back individually, one by one to be thank you and then assure people that I'm okay. All right, there's a lot of kids.
Speaker 1: You don't answer for a long time.
Speaker 2: There, but I'm all right, and I do appreciate your feedback because it did come, and most people started, well, you asked for it, and.
Speaker 1: Then you asked for it, and there you go, and then.
Speaker 2: They hit feedback. I am a slow reader as well, so it took me a bit to get through it. But yeah, I have a couple of dates lined up this week, so I see how I go. I took a couple of you know, suggestions on board, so yes, I'll get to see. I'll give you feedback. So if your feedback is good, three sixty feedback sixty. If it works, it works, I don't know, but we'll see How We Go.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm excited to hear the update next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: So, like you said, nervous.
Speaker 2: Now we'll get there.
Speaker 1: We'll get oh man. All right, Well that is it for this episode. Everyone. Thank you guys always so much for putting your questions in. We always have good fun answering to the community that's out there. Thank you so much for being a part of it. Look out on the Instagram on Monday afternoons. We put out these questions and we want to get your feedback so you can get your input on the show. But thank you so much. It is is rivalry round rival that's a mouth rival reround. I'm not I can't even say it, but it is. It is such a good matchups we've got this week, and we're excited to see if Brighton's clock clock works out. But that that is it from us. Though, that is it from us. I just want to say a massive thank you as always for listening and tuning in and we'll have plenty more next week with How We Go and the results and also the preview of the week after. Say, everyone, have an incredible weekend. May your footy team win and hopefully you'll hear from us soon.
Speaker 2: Nice screak out