Speaker 1: iHeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 1: Got anything Good? Hey, this is.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: You probably were how radio works.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that you've read about all the goings on the moment with Carl and Jackie O. It's dominated the news headlines all of last week and for the last couple of weeks, and.
Speaker 1: Obviously we are a breakfast show as well.
Speaker 2: On as of January this year, this show is in all five cities. We are Australia's first ever national commercial breakfast show.
Speaker 1: And last week was a big moment because it was.
Speaker 2: The first radio ratings of the year, and in this country radio ratings are hysterical, ridiculous. I still can't believe it's actually reported as news in the UK. It's just news for radio nerds. And then I'm moved here and it was actually on. It was actually on the TV news I saw. I remember the first couple of months of the show here in twenty eighteen. I was just watching the TV news and I suddenly saw my face and there was a graph that was not going up to the right I don't know whether I had it upside down the TV company, but was going down down down to the mom right. And there's a picture of me with the headline expensive foreign import, as if I was some sort of as if I was a car, like a beautiful Silk or Jaguar, Jaguar or Ross Royce.
Speaker 1: So anyway, that was nothing.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a lot of the time, and it was and saw the hysterical reaction. The team all saw this, our family saw it. Friends of mine had been clipping shots and sending it to me just to give you an idea, so of what happened. So Melbourne, we're sitting strong in Melbourne. In Sydney, obviously, the ratings that came out last week were for the first six weeks of our show and all the breakfast shows in Sydney. The reason why we're focusing on Sydney at the moment. And like I said, we're in all the cities, but Sydney right now is wide open because of what's happened with Carne and Jackio. So it is crazy. It's like a it's like a mad rush right now in Sydney for a lot of available listeners. So it really was a big deal in radio and the news last week about the first ever ratings for two thousand and twenty six, and we came in as a brand new show. I've only been on air for six weeks, thirty odd shows. We came in at number four. You would have thought that I'd come in at number four hundred and forty four. Here's some of the headlines, radio Star suffers brutal ratings collapse. Then they paired it with a photo I've never seen before of me looking to be honest Britney spears demented. I don't know where they found that photo, but it was an appropriate photo for a man who suffered an apparent when he teas collapse. The other one that I loved with a friend of mine, I don't even know how he found it was the main news What was the main news website in Indianee And on the main news website was a picture of me with the headline radio veterans ratings bomb.
Speaker 1: What's it got to do with Indonesia?
Speaker 2: But as we say in radio, if you can make it in Chakata, you can make it anywhere. It's early days, okay, And actually I think you know what coming in Strong at number four. You imagine back in the day, you listen to Casey Cassim, you're recording your top ten countdown. Then there's a hot new entry for Spandel Bali or Wham at number four. It's a big deal. So I think this is a strong Stark. Guys and the Boss had a big chat with me over the weekend, and I want every single team member to listen in right now because I think you're gonna You're gonna double down on your efforts right now when I hear about the bonus and incentive that's being offered to every single team member. Team I've been told that if we can get from fourth to third in the Sydney Breakfast Shire ratings one on this show, everyone who works on this show, get to meet Tray.
Speaker 1: Now you've got me, Ye with me?
Speaker 2: Now, I'm with you now, Operation Meet Tray begins right now. Play the music Operation Meet Tree, Meet Tree. She offered me a meat tree.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely in true.
Speaker 2: I mean a strange I love it, meat trap and meat Tree. Operation Meet Tray begins right now. Guys, every single one of us, every single one of us, Well, we climb to that podium finish P three whilst all the other fools they're up against in Sydney right now, they're all they're all trying to get to number one, number two. The smart play here that no one is talking about is P three. Actually they've done research people that win bronze medalists. They're the happiest of all the medalists. Silver's like, my god, if I just if I just well, it's Lebahama. I could we've got the gold medal. Le Bronze is like wow, I can't believe I'm on the podium. I actually got our medal. That's going to be us guys, if we work together as one, a win for Operation Meat Tray.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we can finally get on the lowest rung of the podium, not the lowest rung. It doesn't money.
Speaker 2: You're on the on the podium with a meat trading our handsagne. Forget about the champagne. I'd rather have a meat trade. Some pork chops, some lamb chops, Surline Scotch, Phil Rabbi. This is a Heroes meat tray and here's everyone listening right now. I need your help to take part in Operation Meat Trade, the most powerful form while for our marketing. We've got other people that listen to our show every single day. You are genuinely part of our family. We make the show for you, guys. And so at the moment, there are people in our marketing department here at the radio station coming up with all kinds of word playing, word magic to try and sell the show to new and possible listeners in Sydney. And I think the best people that we should ask to help really with that.
Speaker 1: Is you, guys.
Speaker 2: If you listen to the show and you keep coming back to us, why how would you sell this show?
Speaker 1: In one line?
Speaker 2: Someone who might be listening to us right now in Sydney, you're flicking around over the next week or two as they are looking for a brand new radio show. It's hard to actually for us to actually say what it is. It's not for me to say what the show is, your takeaway, whatever it is to you, And so I genuinely love to know in one line, what is the show? How would you describe it? How would you sell it to someone in Sydney right now.
Speaker 1: That maybe they're pretty gut it.
Speaker 2: They've lost their breakfast show they've been listening to for years and they're flicking around at the moment. Suddenly they come across us and they're like, is the Is this the guy that Indonesia has turned on right now? And Indonesia, Indonesia, don't give up too soon on me, please. I'm hoping by the end of the year you'll be erecching our statue in my name my friends in Jakarta. I will not let you down. We've got this show is good for bronze. I said that to the boss. I said, mark my words, Boss, I reckon, we're good for third place in those Sydney ratings with money or me taken third by the end of this year. So Operation Meat Tray listeners tell us in one line, how would you describe the show? How would you sell it to somebody? Text me oh four seventy five O three one oh four three and you can give us a call. Operation Meat Tray needs you. Christian O'Connell show on podcast