Speaker 1: Christian christ Christian Iconnell, Christian O'Connell's show podcast. Hey, good evening, Welcome to the show. Then let's kick it off. Every week on the show we do something called the Wonder Year. We pick a year, we go back to it. We look at the movies, the songs with the one second winners. Tonight, it's all about this year nineteen ninety. This is going straight to the pool room. Are you telling me that you've built a time machine? How a warrant? I tell you about any boss.
Speaker 2: Who sex anyone, but not seting up the dyers, about as if.
Speaker 1: Tyson bears teeth. Wonder Year. This week, we're taking you back to nineteen ninety. What were you up to in nineteen ninety? Nineteen ninety was the year of Home Alone, biggest movie of the year. Mccordy Kulkan was the star I remember he had. He was huge all through the nineties. What was the really sad movie he had out follow week ago? My Girl, Oh my God, that is so so sad. Joe Peshy and Daniel Stern as the Wet Bandits Robert de Niro. I didn't know this. Robert de Niro was off of the part before Joe Peshi turned really yeah. John Hughes movie as well. Wrote it in ten days after a family trip gave him in travel anxiety.
Speaker 2: You know they're making a remagne.
Speaker 1: Why bother?
Speaker 2: You know that kid out of Jojo Rabbit with the glasses, the chubby.
Speaker 1: So he's not the main star the Little Boys.
Speaker 2: He's going to be the Kevin guy in Home Alone. And it's going to be just re lased on Disney Plus.
Speaker 1: Because I think it's Macaulay Culkin was brilliant. He is so good. He's so likable and lovable. He's cute, but he's mischievous as well. He's just got that charisma he was. He was a star in that. And then Joe Peshi, Joe peshe is amazing in that movie that him and Daniel Stern were amazed. I don't see how you can iprove on that at all. The other big movie one of Patsy's favorite actors, Ghost Huge movie. Patrick Swayze, Demi Moore playing Sam and Money. I bet you went crazy.
Speaker 2: I reckon.
Speaker 1: I went to the pitches a few times to say that the picture house right, you're going steady to the pictures. I went to the movies. Yeah, massive, massive movie. This Unchained Melody was a number one all over the world. Pottery Pottery Will because the pottery Wills seen. Have you seen ghosts?
Speaker 2: I've never seen ghosts.
Speaker 1: No, I know about that shit.
Speaker 2: Actually the ghost helping make the pinch pottle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, if you're not familiar with the story. So Patrick Swayzey dies and he's trying to chat to his wife, so he goes through a medium clairvoyant is played by Whoopi Goldberg. He's brilliant. Yeah, she's fantastic and it's a big break up movie for her as well. It was a huge, huge movie. Another little fact that I found out yesterday is that offering Patrick Swayzey role to begin with was also Paul Hogan.
Speaker 2: Yes, I knew that.
Speaker 1: Paul Hogan turned it down. He thought it was it wasn't funny enough. He didn't realize it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a movie about a guy who dies and tries to speak to his wife.
Speaker 1: Short and last, and then the following year he was in a supernatural movie called We're No Angels, which Patrick Swayzey turned down that movie to do ghosts. So some kind of strange sliding doors moment going on between Swayze and Paul Hogan. The other big movie, another brilliant one of the nineties is Kevin Costa's big movie Dancers Wolves. I love this, directed and starred Kevin Costner, but the Dissolution Civil War Lieutenant brilliant, beautiful, big movie three hours long, which feels like a long It's a great movie.
Speaker 2: Too long. Give me the twenty twenty cut short attention to Ben, you're missing it all.
Speaker 1: You can't get the Oscar That year went on to win seven Academy Award's Best Picture, made half a billion. This is back in the nineties. No CGI was used for the movie three and a half thousand Buffalo. Again, the producers overloaded me with the FlexIt. I'll carry on three three hal half thousand of Buffalo and tps. I mean, I've seen the movie a couple of times. I've never wondered gone, it's how many buffalo were used in this? And three dozen TP? Sure, it's a few in a half thousand. It's got quite a few tps in In fact, I'm underwhelm with that one. Collette, three and a half thousand Buffalo, you got me thirty locations? Okay, three dozen TP we're tailing off three hundred horses. We've gone back up again. Two wolves, two wolves. They must have been like the their own trailer each didn't they or didn't have an affair? Who knew what was going on with those wolves? What were you up to? In nineteen ninety Do you remember all the scandal about Milli Villiny and girl? You know it's true, you know Milli Vanini won a Grammy Award for an album. Turns out they didn't sing a single word on Grammy Award taken back, scandal all over the world, a single word on the album they got Grammy for not just that this song's rubbish. My big thing was like, why don't giving them a Grammy anyw They were terrible Milli Vanilli. I wasn't surprised they couldn't sing. We knew that anyway, even whoever, they were a terrible man. But there was a huge scandal. They didn't sing a word on the album. They were mined. They mind the whole song.
Speaker 2: So do they even go into the studio or anything, or do they go, hey, we've got this fully finished album for you.
Speaker 1: Would you like to be in chang? Sorry? Mind at the Grammys. They were getting the fake Grammy four which you've got Admar the balls for that. Anyway. One of the biggest TV shows here in Australia, in the UK and in America was The Fresh Prince of bel Air. One of the coolest stars of the early nineties was Will Smith. Loved the show, but kids love it as well. It's just a brilliant, brilliant, brilliant show. They were all great in it. Will Smith was just so that easy going, just had all the smarts. It's a great show this but one of the most famous things that lives on is the theme tune. Now, this is the story, y'all about it? Matt. In fact, why don't we see if there's anyone that can actually do the rest of it? Okay, so the only line is the only only bit I can remember. Can anyone listening right now do the entire theme tune that he wraps to The Fresh Prince of bell Air. Talking about reboots, you know they are actually working on a reboot of that with Will Smith in it. He's the exec producer. It's not going to be exactly the same. It's a dramatic spin off simply called bell Airdramatic because that's so dramatic. You take out the fresh princes. What he left with The Christian O'Connell Show podcast