Speaker 1: Just stood by a couple of mitches. Hello.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you release yourself for the rude shocks of young adulthood.
Speaker 1: So I'll begune a wicked as a cowboy because it's the Halloween weekend. We're wearing costumes and I'm going as a cowboy.
Speaker 2: It's a wicked No, No, you can't do that.
Speaker 3: You can't imagine if I went to a titaning exhibition as.
Speaker 2: A Mario brother hub. It doesn't make any better.
Speaker 1: Nourie and Mitchell coups.
Speaker 2: Hello you Hello, you nice step your back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're back together.
Speaker 2: Hello, It's not like we've been a part that long. Calm down, No, it literally has been days. But it's good to see you.
Speaker 1: I did miss you. What did we run with? What was the reason I was off?
Speaker 2: Did anyone say, oh I did say that you're taking time out?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, here, that works.
Speaker 2: That's pretty accurate.
Speaker 1: Yeah that yeah, yeah, or we'll be revealed just to keep things dramatic. Time will tell.
Speaker 2: But he's recovered remarkably well from the surgery, which is cool.
Speaker 1: I have no, I haven't. The wounds healed up very quickly, but I'm still on heavy painkillers.
Speaker 2: So the good cheer We're going to get a Lucy Cheery today.
Speaker 1: I feel yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, idiots, we are live from my penthouse right now. We've just been doing a group bonding activity. We're a bit fucking naked. We've just had a huge adrenaline rush. Prize keeper General Altha Wheel was there too.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm so tired.
Speaker 2: Same.
Speaker 3: So I mentioned on Monday's episode that we would be going to a smash room together, as I've always wanted to do, and I said that Cheery wasn't keen. He's bailed, So I'm going to go with roving Ford to Oscar instead.
Speaker 1: And I literally said on.
Speaker 3: Monday's episode, you weren't here, Mitch, but I said, oh, I bet it's going to change his mind last minute and go, fuck it, I'm coming.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, I got fomo and I actually think I the words were fuck it, I'm coming. Yeah, that's actually what.
Speaker 5: I didn't even have to confirm it with you, Mitchell. I just had a feeling Mitch's coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 1: You are right, guys. I came and I smashed Roving report of Oscar was there as well, So that's all.
Speaker 2: Right, And so we're going to play that later in the show the smash Room.
Speaker 3: We just got handed baseball bats and a ramics and oh my god, there's something so oddly satisfying about fucking shit up.
Speaker 1: You know what I liked. I liked not necessarily smashing them, but just holding a glass and then dropping it on a concrete floor because you're not allowed to do that in society, But to just hold it and drop it and watch it explode. The power that was coursing through my veins.
Speaker 3: I'm also going to post the video on our Instagram at couple of mitches. You'll be able to see the smashing in action, but we'll play that all for you a little bit later on in the episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, it was. It was very fun. I will say though, the two girls that work there, we have to say what they said when we walked in.
Speaker 2: We smashroom City.
Speaker 1: Smashroom City. Shout out to Smashroom City. It was we definitely paid, but sure, smashroom City. If you're in Sydney, go We walk in and then we go, Hi, what did you say?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 2: We're the podcaster is well, they asked, are you guys here for the recording?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, that's us that we're here we've got the booking all ready to go, and I did book for four because I knew you'd fucking come last minute. And then they said to us, so will you guys be smashing?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, no, no, they said what will you be doing in the room.
Speaker 1: She goes, all right, you guys are for the recording, yes, and what will you be doing in the room?
Speaker 2: Will you be smashing things? And I was like, I didn't know. I had to clarify.
Speaker 3: I assumed that was the case when I booked a smash room. Yeah, it'll be smashing in a room.
Speaker 1: And then then you go, do people do anything other? And she was like, yeah, you'd be surprised.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but never.
Speaker 1: It operates. There's a podcast studio. Can people do that all the time? People record all the time.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine if people actually just went in there to record a podcast.
Speaker 1: The acoustics weren't great, were shocking you're about to hear. Also, it was so hot. There was one point where I almost called cold co Red. I was like, guys, I need to get out of here. I'm sweating. I could feel sweat dripping down you know that.
Speaker 2: Feeling when it starts to run down your spine.
Speaker 1: And then they made us put The lady came up to me. Remember she gave me that horse blanket. She was like, all right, everyone, your overalls are here, but you this one's for you. And pulled out this Californian king single bed sheet and wrapping and like, thanks a lot, this is me, skinny. And then we had to put latex gloves on. Yeah, and then a second glove on top of it.
Speaker 3: And again not spoiling anything, we'll get to it later. But they made us put on helmets and I thought, oh, that's a bit of overkill because I did my hair for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I look really cute. The helmet's going to ruin it. Holy fuck, I could have lost an eye if it wasn't wearing that helmet. It was really intense, but we loved it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank God for the help.
Speaker 2: And yes, indeed we did smash in the room.
Speaker 4: Yeah we did.
Speaker 2: I didn't think we'd have to clarify.
Speaker 3: Actually, the other day I went to you know, my beloved Pilate studio Scalps.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they opened up a new studio in Red firm. Oh really, And I went to the first day the grand opening, and the staff were a bit stress. They were like, yeah, it's mostly finished. We tried to get everything ready for the grand opening of the new studio. It's mostly finished, like ninety seven percent complete. And I was looking around, going, oh, it looks pretty fucking amazing, Like I can't see what work needs to be done. And then I went on the timetable to be like, oh, what classes should I book into next week? And it had on their bar in brackets without the bar. I'm like, oh my god, they don't have the ballet bar installed yet, but they're still.
Speaker 2: Doing the class.
Speaker 1: That's kind of important for a bar class, I know.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'd love to join you for that class, but I'm going to be playing sock without the ball, basketball with no basketball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's an extra challenge. It's great, Yeah, far out good on scam.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, if it's your first time listening, welcome to Is it just me? Every episode is the same. We start with some gems, something we've noticed, something we hate to appreciate me. She doesn't know mine, I don't know mitches. That's it, that's the show.
Speaker 3: Mine just popped into my mind as we were driving back, you know, an hour ago, driving back to my housemen the smashroom.
Speaker 1: What are we going to do when the show's over and we just have these hydyms? Can we text them to each other for like maybe that can be like a good way to stay in contact. Right, we have to still give each other two personal lygyms a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah we could. I don't know.
Speaker 3: We could do the the ytym group chat Yeah, yeah, true, true, we could do. But then I bet that you wouldn't even open it. And I'm justmming into the void.
Speaker 1: I actually had a thought, is it just me on the fly? But are you kind of upset You're not in that many group chats like I see memes like the group chat fire, the group chat on point, when the group chat when you get a laugh in the group chat, I mean like like two and they're very inactive. What are they once for the wordle of the day with some of my friends when we post our word or results. And then the other one is a family chat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got my gaze and then I've got the girlies, which is like actual my lesies like Asian Talisia, you guys have them, yeah, And then I've got the family chat and Sean, it's the only person that's in all three of them. So if something funny happens in my life, I have to say to Sean, ignore the fact that I'm repeating the same gear.
Speaker 2: I'll they coffy and.
Speaker 3: Paste the same joke or the same photo to every group chat. And he's the only one that knows that it's recycled materials.
Speaker 1: Secret.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he reacts the same way every time. God, he's a good Alline.
Speaker 4: It's very good.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, my is something that I noticed this morning in the shower.
Speaker 2: A lot of things happening in the shower for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what was my last one?
Speaker 2: Something about basto?
Speaker 1: Oh really?
Speaker 3: Which, by the way, sorry, can I ask you a serious question? You talked about bar soap and how it's making a comeback in your life. How do you use the bar soap?
Speaker 1: Okay, the bar soap? Well this I got yelled at. Didn't did was you either brought up Tony and Ryan?
Speaker 2: No, it was our Facebook group and you're an idiot.
Speaker 3: Someone said, oh my god, did they just do a Tony Lodge regarding bar soap?
Speaker 2: And I was like, I don't understand.
Speaker 1: So many people sent me that TikTok and I hate to break it to you, but bar soap is one of the most common things in the world. Yeah, I'm not plagiarizing.
Speaker 2: So it wasn't that we were copying them.
Speaker 3: It's that we made the same mistake as Tony because she was being called out on the Tony Ryan podcast for using bar soap wrong, and we were talking about the way we use bar soap and apparently we're also doing it wrong, And I say, fuck that.
Speaker 2: Who makes the rules?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 3: They were saying that you're not actually meant to use the cake of soap itself and spread that throughout the body. You're not meant to run it across the legs. You're not meant to put the cake of soap between you, ask cracklock. I said, yeah, you meant to just rub it in your hands, soap up your hands, get a bit of phone going, and then use the hands, put the cake of soap down and just spread the bubbles I've created.
Speaker 2: And I think, bullshit, that's fucking bullshit. I'm team Tony.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm with you as well. Absolutely I do the same, although kind of a hybrid, like I do a bit of both.
Speaker 3: Like so many people were like laughing at Tony'd been like, she's been doing it wrong her whole life. No, we're doing it the right way.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I agree with you completely. Now I do have to admit I forgot that i'd done the bar soap one and that was the igym that I had. I'm like, did I do that on this show or was it one of my others? And clearly it was on this show because now I wanted to go back to a drawing bad.
Speaker 4: I noticed you look shopped.
Speaker 2: I was like, what when did I talk about that? Here's a challenge for you. How about I do my I gym?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you can think of an engine while I'm talking. Yours can be like a rebuttal of mine. Oh okay, sure, it's a continuation of part two.
Speaker 2: Is it might work? You might have to go back to your phone notes.
Speaker 1: That's fine, I've got plenty. We'll give it a go. It's fine. It's like, let's give it a try.
Speaker 2: I'll kick things off badly.
Speaker 8: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Has your parents ever stabbed you in the neck?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, I know, yes, but I know where this story is coming from. But no.
Speaker 3: Talking in the car just before on the way back from the Smashroom about the punishments that your parents would threaten you with, things along the lines of don't make me stop this car you'll be walking home, or like you'll be off to boarding school if you don't fucking behave all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And my mum would go to my room and start packing just for extra effect, and I'd be like, please, no, please, you're putting it in a bag just random close.
Speaker 1: Your mom's scrolling on God or those online booking dot com, like I'm looking at really chick flights to get you off to boarding school.
Speaker 4: And then the day I was like, fine, I'll go, and she was like, oh, just go outside.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: My mum backed right down too, because she would threaten me you'll be off to fucking boarding if you keep this up. And years later, when I was in like year nine or ten, what age is that, fifteen?
Speaker 2: Sixteen?
Speaker 3: Yes, yep, sixteen, I was in full series and saying, you know what, I've actually been considering maybe boarding school would be a good option for me, and.
Speaker 2: She's like, oh, I made you don't want to do it. It's too exy, it's too deep to go to board. So all these threats were so fucking empty.
Speaker 1: My mum used to and my dad actually used to threaten me with Boystown, which was Boystown.
Speaker 2: Was a boarding stan right up here in my area.
Speaker 1: Well that's exactly the iron I'm like, God, send me to Boystown. Sign up as was I hit sixteen, I'm like, hey, that mentioned a Boystown. He's that off still on the table, because I'm suddenly really keen and to the point where my dad would drive me into the if I was having a tantrum, he'd drive me into the gates of Boystown. It looked like Hogwarts, and he'd go get out, get out smarter, as that's smarter ass, get out smarter, smarter. So yes, but but I've never been attacked on the neck.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: So we were talking about the punishments that our parents would threaten us with, and I was recounting the time that I would I reckon. I would have been seven or eight years old, and we were at Target Country and Forbes, and by all accounts, I was behaving like a right turd. I was in a feral mood, and Mom didn't want to cause a scene, and so she leant down and whispered quietly in my ear can you just settle down, be quiet. But while she was doing that, she had her hand around my neck and she has long fingernails, and something must have come over her in that moment.
Speaker 2: Jane must have been at her fucking.
Speaker 3: Wits end because she decided digging the nails into my neck to the point where I'm sure she didn't mean to, but.
Speaker 1: She drew blood like a cat.
Speaker 3: And I reacted as any child wood, which was ill, Mom, I'm bleeding, you stabbed me.
Speaker 2: And she was like, fuck, fuck, fuck, we gotta go, we gotta go.
Speaker 3: She put down all the bras that she was about to try, and she goes, Na, we just gotta go. We gotta go asap.
Speaker 1: Oh God, that's gold. Did your mom have nails? Was she like a fake nail mom Na?
Speaker 3: She just had her own long nails and they were they were not unlike Jennis cat claws talents.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did you you get like a serving when you got home? You were? You in deep shit?
Speaker 3: I think she was so she felt so guilty after stabbing her child and drawing the blood that she We never really addressed it properly, but it's something that we talk about often to this day.
Speaker 2: I'm like, remember, that time you stabbed me. She goes, yeah, not my finest moment. Love it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've got my age. It's a continuation. It's just a continuation. I told you it would work. But the problem is I haven't pre thought it. So if it's bad or rogue, I can't be canceled for it. Okay, because okay, if.
Speaker 2: You need to take two or take three, I'm not editing it out. All right, Well let's give it a go.
Speaker 1: Bradley hit me?
Speaker 2: Is it just me.
Speaker 1: Should smack him? Come back?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 1: As I say it out loud, I think I probably should.
Speaker 5: Why don't we just do a test?
Speaker 2: Man coming?
Speaker 1: I my dad Mark, who I love, and it's a great dad. I was smacked heavily.
Speaker 4: I was smacked.
Speaker 1: I was smacked on the butt, cheek, I was smacked on the arm. I was smacked anywhere he could get me as I was running down the holes. And I don't know. I think it's like nature verse nurture, Like did it make me the person I am? I don't think so, But in my head I'm like, well, I was smacked, so my little shits are going to get smacked too.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, like with it the face. No, maybe I'm old fashioned. I know that times have changed. But if it's not on the face, I'm like fair game.
Speaker 2: Slap the kid.
Speaker 4: That's how I.
Speaker 1: Feel, you know, like when a war veteran gets back and they take all that ing grade on the kid. It's like, well I was slapped. Who am I going to Who am I going to take my head?
Speaker 3: It has to be like the last resource. You can't just smack them willy nilly and the looming threat of do you want to smack?
Speaker 2: Often? Is enough?
Speaker 1: I agree? But if you on the fly, If smacking really was a good form of punishment, it would be used in other forms of discipline. There'd be an option to be smacked if you'd stolen a Cadbury chocolate bar from y you know, from Cole's. Like, hey, that's twelve smacks.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to give you any prison time. You're gonna have to do twenty hours of community service and four smacks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bend diver.
Speaker 1: I've been toed a plea deal.
Speaker 2: I did kill her.
Speaker 1: However, I will accept a slap a day for ten years.
Speaker 2: It can't be a slaper smack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, A smack is different.
Speaker 2: Offers are saying, do you want to smack.
Speaker 1: Listen, we've caught you speeding, Mitchell, We've got your driver's license. We can take you back to the station and you obviously have to go to court, or we can smack you here on the highway.
Speaker 3: And depending on the crime is where you get smacked, like you get a proper bare ass cheek, oh smack if it's attempted murder, but manslaughter manslaughter, yeah, okay, manslaughter. But then if it's something like a parking ticket or whatever, it's it's like a little.
Speaker 2: On the rist, yea on the wrists?
Speaker 4: Well yeah, that's an expression to slap on the wrists.
Speaker 2: Slaps on the wrist.
Speaker 1: Agree, it made me a good kid. I stand for it.
Speaker 2: But we don't endorse violence in this house, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's all for entertainment purposes.
Speaker 4: It's because you couldn't think of any gym, and you know what, it was one of the best.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe being smacked as a child has affected you because you just resorted to violence.
Speaker 2: Side fucking quick. If you doubt smack it out.
Speaker 1: It's just me five years?
Speaker 4: Five years?
Speaker 8: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Or is that a long time?
Speaker 9: Does it's Jenny I just wanted to stop by and congratulate the three of you for an amazing podcast. I know that you've got a little community that is going to very much miss it, and I would like to say thank you for having me on that one time.
Speaker 1: That one time.
Speaker 9: It's fine my feelings on here really, but on a serious note, I would like to say thank you for bringing so much laughter and joy into our lives. I'm very honored to have met all three of you in person, and I think you're all wonderful people and I can't wait to.
Speaker 10: See what you all do next.
Speaker 4: I love you all so much.
Speaker 11: Congratulations, I love love you more.
Speaker 2: Jenna, I needed that, Yeah I did too.
Speaker 1: I also thought at the start we were being scolded, like at the start of the years. Yeah, five years, five years.
Speaker 2: I sentence you to five years and twelve texts.
Speaker 1: I've been making this porcelain bas for five years and now you've smashed it. It sounds like we will get a lecture about something we've done.
Speaker 2: So that was Jenna who was on the podcast in fuck Me? Was it season three?
Speaker 1: Three, two or three?
Speaker 2: I can't remember it.
Speaker 1: Big on TikTok?
Speaker 2: What's big on TikTok?
Speaker 3: No, that's at the point we had her on. That's why we got her on. She's still big on. She she is, and we were going to try and get her back on, but we just kind of run out of time. We're in the final five episodes.
Speaker 1: Everyone, my god, final five fun no count down, I'm not joining you you did last time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, we love you Jane, Thank you, darling a very gorgeous comforting woman on TikTok. If you're not familiar with her work, yeah.
Speaker 1: Jen A on Tiktographer, it's j E seven n's remember.
Speaker 3: Now, I remember because I had to learn it when she was on as a guest to plug her on TikTok. It's Jen A with four m's, three a's, and two ys. Her Instagram handles completely different. Don't fucking ask me what it is.
Speaker 2: But we love you Jen.
Speaker 1: We love you, Jen. Thank you for that message. That's very kind.
Speaker 2: Now should we dive into the next hobby hunts?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, let's gape.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently we're all bored and we wanted to try new things. So far, we've done pottery pilates, singing lessons and now, as I've always bloody wanted finally my wish has been granted a smashroom tick that off.
Speaker 2: The bucket list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's done, And I felt like such a grench. I wasn't going to come for other reasons that will be announced very soon on my Patreon, but I did, and I'm so glad I was there because I didn't really understand the height, like Mitchell was so Adam and Jenna on us doing this smashing.
Speaker 3: It has been over twelve months of me being like, I think the next hobby Hunt should be a smash room And I actually have no explanation.
Speaker 2: For why I was so hell bent on that.
Speaker 3: I just thought that my soul needed it to be frank, because it's a great way to release anger. You've just given permission to smash up all this crockery and microwaves and shit. Yeah, it's fucking fantastic. So the three of us went along to Smashroom City in Homebush. Yeah, roving a Porter Oscar also joined us for the ride. Did sewn your beautiful boyfriend cameraman Shawan, but also like it was quite funny when he was doing his smashing, his AIM's not great.
Speaker 2: He kept missing the.
Speaker 3: Plates and stuff, and so we all had to turn each basically, and we decided that we wanted to dedicate the smash and the rage to one particular thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oscar kicked things off for us. We went right.
Speaker 10: This one goes out to every man that's ever.
Speaker 2: Hurt me, so we might be here for a while.
Speaker 6: Fuck you RoCE, fuck you Jeremy, fuck you got up, Alex Strada, Fred Stephen, not your Stephen.
Speaker 10: I am, but I'm texting me back to the bastard Jared.
Speaker 1: Then Phil, the other Phil stop dead. Yeah, a lot of men who have robbed him, quite a few. We just let him go.
Speaker 2: We had a fucking one hour book and and he took up three quarts of that.
Speaker 1: I don't know why he went first. Wouldn't stop, he would not stop blessing him. And also it's very disorientating because it didn't feel like OSCO. It didn't feel like any of you guys, because you're in the hell jumpsuit. Yeah, you're in a motorbike helmet, You're in jumpsuit, glove and steel cap toe boots, so you are completely mysterious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was.
Speaker 3: Something so anonymous about it. At some points I had to be like, wait, funk, who are you? Yeah, because also they made Jenna and I tie our hair up. Yeah, and they were like, no, no, the dust and debris from all the smashed plates will actually make your hair disgusting. And I was like, all right, I guess I'll tied up. Even after that, even after tying it up, my hair feels like straw.
Speaker 2: Currently.
Speaker 4: It's really weird, right, Mine is pubic.
Speaker 1: It's it's pubic. I think it's because there must be particles of glass in the room. I really should have won a mask, actually, yeah, like a face mask.
Speaker 3: And so I went next with my smashing. Yep, here's what I channeled my fucking rage into. This goes out to my phone and laptop storage always being full.
Speaker 1: I've deleted. Goes out to emails in general.
Speaker 2: I just don't like them very much. They're annoying. This is healing, Honestly, I don't even need the fucking hammer.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, yeah, get it out, Mitchell.
Speaker 2: This isn't anything in particular. I'm just having an outburst.
Speaker 6: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: Even after that, I'm not sure that I've moved on from the phone storage thing so over, I can't deal with the storage running out anymore. Before we recorded the podcast right here, right now I had to spend twenty minutes de leading shit from my phone because I'm filming with it to the videos. It's just getting exhausting, and I feel like, is this thing gaslining me? I feel like there's a hidden folder on my laptop somewhere full of all this shit that has been piling up, because it's just running out quicker and quicker with less things on there.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make sense anyway, I'm venting.
Speaker 1: Have you done a deep clean? You can like get software that check every corner of your Mac. No, I haven't cleaned my Mac. It's like an app.
Speaker 2: I'd love to get that app, but I don't have enough storage.
Speaker 1: It's a catch twenty two in a real pickle there, Do you.
Speaker 2: Know what's fuck?
Speaker 3: I have my old laptop still, and I wanted to instill roadblocks on my current laptop so that I could play Dress to Impress, but there was no storage. So I was like, right, I'll use my old Mac. That'll be the Dress to Impress Mac. It's so old that it just will not download the app like it has to be a certain software update.
Speaker 2: And why does technology have to be so hard? Clearly I didn't let enough of the rage out.
Speaker 1: And it's still full.
Speaker 3: Oh it's not that new, it's twenty twenty one. Oh so okay, Oh god, I paid extra for a lot of storage.
Speaker 2: And every day your disc space is almost full and I've done nothing. I've deleted everything. I don't understand.
Speaker 4: Mine doesn't even give me a warning, it just says full.
Speaker 1: Want to get a cloud? Don't you just use the cloud?
Speaker 2: Not on my Mac.
Speaker 1: I don't know how it works for my transparency. Some some of my things are saved on the cloud, some are saved locally. If I needed, I just go and find it.
Speaker 3: I only realized very recently that because I pay for Iclaud, all of my photo library gets backed up, and so if I'm clearing my phone camera role like I was just before, I would have to reckon with how precious is this memory?
Speaker 2: Can I delete this?
Speaker 3: But then I realized, oh, I've got a copy of literally everything. Everything I've ever had in my camera roll is backed up somewhere, so if I really really needed I can get it later. It's all good wow, which was comforting, but still I paid extra for all the story to stop fucking fun anyway. Sorry, sorry, we've already had your chance to get your rage out. I've got to tell you, idiots, it was really, really satisfying the smash room. It was everything I hoped it would be. I would be interested to know what it would be like if I went back and I wasn't recording, because there was still.
Speaker 2: A part of my mind that was like, oh shit in my in frame on the camera is the audio right?
Speaker 3: Like if I could just relinquish all of that and just bash some shit, it might be even more enjoyable.
Speaker 2: But I loved it. And do you know what the other thing was.
Speaker 3: I asked the lady there, do you have regulars? And she goes, oh, yeah, some people come to this smashroom as a replacement for therapy.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 4: I totally get that.
Speaker 2: It was a really gorgeous release, wasn't it. And so you drew up next cheery.
Speaker 1: I was, yes, And mine was sort of a you know, a broad stroke, something that the whole world could relate to, something we're all going through at the moment. Sure, by the way, I'd never done this before, and I was completely adverse to it to start. I thought, this isn't going to help it.
Speaker 3: And like I noticed that when you first started smashing shit. You were just being playful and cheery. You were getting Oscar to throw plates for you to aim at and hear. Yes, But then something came over you. This wave of rage must have hit you, because once you started smashing git, you couldn't stop. And you're the one that wasn't even that keen to do it in the first place.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I just I don't know. It just doesn't excite me. Yeah, but have a listen to this and it will prove otherwise this goes out to inflation. Ah, yes, oh this is amazing. Oscar pretend I'm a royal and going to throw plates at me like we're like plaiting.
Speaker 4: Let's just sorry, shoot.
Speaker 8: Shoot shoot.
Speaker 2: Oh god, he's only just getting started.
Speaker 10: Sorry.
Speaker 1: That came from deep within.
Speaker 2: He let it out, sil.
Speaker 8: Let it out.
Speaker 2: If you rewind, you can hear the moment that a switch was flicked and you were like, I'm just gonna go ham on this ship.
Speaker 1: There was Well, the options are They give you crates and we asked how it works. They go to local Vinni's and.
Speaker 2: You know, donating all these things to be smashed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. They go to the local op shops and they buy these crates worth of ship, just plates and bowls and crockery, and we all got to create each. But then for extra money, you can buy white Goods, TV's printers, sound system, CD players, which we didn't.
Speaker 2: Of course, I got to say I wouldn't have forked out extra for those things, because one time I tried to film a video where I was smashing my WiFi modem because I was with Belong.
Speaker 3: I don't care. I don't care about the smirching their company. They're fucking dreadful.
Speaker 2: I used to be shocking terror. I wanted to film a video after I.
Speaker 3: Switch providers of meat smashing the Belong modem that bitch wouldn't break. So like, you pay all this money for the extra print or whatever, and it just won't break. Glass and crockery and you get the beautiful sound of the bush. Yeah brilliant for a podcast, Yeah, well brilliant.
Speaker 1: I had so much fun. I got a lot of my anger out. And once you start, you don't really stop to be honest.
Speaker 2: In fact, let's's check in, where's oscar at?
Speaker 8: Fuck you, Julian don you, Jake, Michael Malice, Oh my, the.
Speaker 1: Long list, Yeah, a long list of men that have hurt him to shut and look after asking.
Speaker 3: And last, but certainly not least, Yes, the EPs so innocent, everso angelic prize keeper.
Speaker 1: Fucking Jenna yeup, the soft one of the group, the most relaxed, calm zen woman, softly spoken, meek yeah, mild, smile, reserve.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, idiots, today was the day that Jenna bent from turned. She fucking turned.
Speaker 2: It was you and I were almost clutching each other being like, oh my god, we were scared, we were I forgot.
Speaker 1: We were being filmed and huddled in a quarter and at one point the shrapnel from Jenna's attacks was hitting us.
Speaker 2: That's the one that could have taken my eye out if not a fucking helmet man. Anyway to this, this.
Speaker 5: Smash goes out to the sitting light rail only going ten kilometers an hour.
Speaker 11: Really god, wow, I hate so light.
Speaker 12: Right, Oh my god, I need to go.
Speaker 1: Why is she grunting? She has more anger in her, Mitchell than you're like combined.
Speaker 2: Are you having fun, Jenner?
Speaker 4: That's amazing, well done.
Speaker 1: They're grunts on Jenna's.
Speaker 8: So much just.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, and over just a slow light rail of all things.
Speaker 5: When You've been on that light rail so many times and you almost miss going to pilates because it's going so slow. I could walk beside it and go faster.
Speaker 1: To be fair. Miture when you're after a hard rail and you get a light rails, anyone off.
Speaker 2: I am not super fond of the light rail. It's equivalent to like a tram in Melbourne by the way, I don't know why that cam.
Speaker 1: Fast thems and you want to know why. I have researched trams have the electricity power on the lines above them, but the light rail is underground.
Speaker 4: Oh it's not underground.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: The electricity sources under is buried underground and it powers from above and in the rails. Yeah, it's a light rail.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: It's almost more trouble than it's worth the light rail because they stop at every stop.
Speaker 2: They need to.
Speaker 3: I'm sure I've said this before. They need to do what you do on a bus, where they don't just stop at every single bus stop. We have to press the button to say yes, please let me off here. Because often the light rail pulls up, the doors open, no one gets on and they stay there for ridiculously long, too long, like fucking forty seconds or something ridiculous.
Speaker 4: There's someone walking from up the street to get on it.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but you can walk quicker than the light rail. Oh you actually can't up, George. It's a waste of time.
Speaker 3: But anyway, thank you to Smashtroom City for having us. It was everything I needed and more.
Speaker 1: Can we include my favorite moment, which is when Sean, who was filming and helping out with audio, and he was being a beautiful, doting partner, yes to myself, he tries to have a smash because.
Speaker 2: We were wearing the anonymous costumes.
Speaker 1: Wrong, Mitch, babe, want to smash and the wrong one? How do you? He got a bit of shrapnel caught in his shoe. Do we have that audio?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: We do. That was that was suspiciously close to your partnership.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that was kind of directly aimed at you.
Speaker 10: Oh there's stuff in my boot.
Speaker 1: Too, all right, and that's a rat. It happened to the nicest person too.
Speaker 2: You all right, goa hop my way out.
Speaker 1: Let's get him.
Speaker 2: It's under my thought.
Speaker 3: And also the funniest part, I don't even know if there's audio to go with this, but he accidentally dropped his phone and it was sitting there in this huge pile of shrapnel and rubble, and it was like.
Speaker 2: Right, who's turning it to smash? Now?
Speaker 4: Who's turn?
Speaker 3: And I spotted the phone and I was like, holy fuck, Like, thank god I noticed it in amongst all the shards.
Speaker 2: Imagine if someone just hitting that with a fucking baseball bat. Poor short, so good.
Speaker 1: But now he loved it too, Yeah, so worth it, Thank you, Sydney City Automotive.
Speaker 7: Was it.
Speaker 2: Smash rooms?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 2: Honestly, do feel that I may have found a hobby that I will return to.
Speaker 4: Really, Oh finally, I think I might as well.
Speaker 3: I won't be returnity singing lessons, probably won't do pottery again Polariti's obviously I'm a veteran at this point.
Speaker 2: But the smashroom I'm fucking sold. So that's the happy ending as we bring the podcast series to a close. I found a hobby.
Speaker 1: I loved that.
Speaker 2: It was fantastic. Is it just me?
Speaker 4: You can follow the show online just search a couple of miches. If you don't, you're a dickhead.
Speaker 2: Okay, day before we get the fuck out of here, yep, a return of an old favorite segment listening to the other idgems.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this was so fun.
Speaker 3: This is just a heads up to anyone out there who's thinking of starting a podcast. Just check if the name's taken love before you start, because we've learned the hard way that there's many Is it just Me podcasts already in existence.
Speaker 2: And still being born. Every few months a new engym comes along.
Speaker 3: We've done this segment so many times because every so often we check and go, fuck, there's another new one.
Speaker 2: And so these ones we have not heard before.
Speaker 1: The other items, well, you haven't done in a while, so there would be a birth of a few.
Speaker 4: I'd say I did like that little girl singing, Oh that was my favorite me.
Speaker 2: Can you find that? Actually?
Speaker 3: Of course it's for old time, say do we need to listen to that? But they've all got very different takes on the names these Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: And by the way, it needs to be said that we reign supreme. We're the most successful is it just me? On the podcasting apps without doubt? And so maybe these poor bastards will get a chance to shine now that we're terminal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so let's kick things off.
Speaker 1: Sorry I did find Romana Kaslski her hit song are Call Loud Popular, which I is so true. It's such a it's such a really great observation, incredible. The info the description of this podcast is make people calm when they sad.
Speaker 2: And I feel like, correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: She had episodes where she spoke and then there was just a rogue episode where she sang.
Speaker 1: She sung Yeah. The song really tugs at the heartstrings from it ain't me.
Speaker 2: I think I remember it you you don't remember anything, but really stuck with you didn't it?
Speaker 10: Here you go, Everyone doesn't matter who there?
Speaker 13: Me me that things the best for me?
Speaker 6: Oh, she didn't like is it good looking?
Speaker 1: Fower to beat my drum like a drum? Beat my drum like a drama? One of the great lyrics drama great similar me that thing.
Speaker 2: Beat my drum like a DRUMA never know, beat my drum like a drum as you can hear loud and clear, and it's we've got fucking stiff competition with the fellow.
Speaker 3: So a very different tyke on that I'm here. This one is actually called the full title is is it just me? Or have we all lost our minds?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay with Jennifer Horn. It's a political podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh I like this. I love politics.
Speaker 2: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 7: Is it just me?
Speaker 11: Or have we all lost our minds? It's a question I've been asking myself on repeat for the last eight years, and I know I'm not alone in that. Is it the politics, is it the culture? Or am I just getting old? Hi? I'm Jennifer Horne and my former Republican strategist and party leader turned independent sanity activist. I decided to do this podcast so we could explore these questions. I'll bring experts to the table from politics and media and culture. We'll have raw, insightful conversations with the clear goal of getting to the bottom of it all. One way or another. We've all lost our minds and I still journey to find them again.
Speaker 2: She literally says, is it just me? Or we all lost our minds? But then just said, very matter of factly, we have all lost our minds the end of series. End of series, She's come to the conclusion.
Speaker 1: One way or another, we've all lost our minds.
Speaker 4: I've been thinking about it for the past eight years, but didn't do a simple search.
Speaker 1: No, I know, you know what I love about boomers that have podcasts is that they explain the premise every episode in their intro. It's just not needed for you to for you to jump home.
Speaker 3: The bloody podcast experts out there say that you meant to explain the concept within thirty seconds. Sometimes it can be twelve minutes into the episode and we go, well, if it's your first time, people know what they're getting here.
Speaker 2: She's a bit of nonsense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she had a good presenting style, like she wasn't awful to listen to.
Speaker 3: I will say that she out of the next couple that I'm going to play our dge and cousins, she had the best production value because oh, there's nothing that fucks me off more. I shouldn't say this when we're in my echo we penthouse then shit audio quality.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the next one is from Leila Quay and MJ Okay.
Speaker 3: They met in business school and spent decades working in business and government, and they're trying to be relatable with everything they're saying.
Speaker 2: But it's just very corporate specific. Oh you'll know what I mean when you listen to either Just me with Leila Kaye and MJ.
Speaker 7: Welcome to the Is It Just Me? With Leila K and MJ podcast where we ask the question on just about any topic is.
Speaker 12: It just me?
Speaker 7: So things might be getting a bit tense out there, and while we like to take a lightheunded approach on most things, this episode is one percent lighthearted.
Speaker 1: All Right?
Speaker 2: Is it just me?
Speaker 8: Or?
Speaker 7: Will some things just always be funny?
Speaker 12: I don't think it's just you that what's always funny? Large organizations making a silly blender. It's a result of collective malpractice, so no one individual is to blame, and it can be just hilarious.
Speaker 7: It kind of reminds me of when ge spent millions getting washing machines and dishwasherers within one day delivery of anyone who buys them from anyone, and then finding out that no one actually wanted the appliants delivered the next day. What is going on up for me in a bad planning way?
Speaker 12: Unless you're a shareholder.
Speaker 1: What happened to lighthearted? W'd that go? Oh?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I'm all about it. That was so relatable. There's nothing that cracks me up more than collective malpractice.
Speaker 1: Player and I've always said that. You said that gets me go and our corporate greed is so so funny. Wow, And I love how they said, you know, speaking of the ge microwave dishwasher story, like it's a household story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh we all know that one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, same day delivery.
Speaker 3: What if we did our intros like that and it's going on to this backing music website.
Speaker 2: What if I type in piano waltz, let's target their energy. Sure, hang on, No, that's a fucking mamember. Welcome to Is it just me? Hello you?
Speaker 1: Hello you.
Speaker 3: We asked the question, is it just me on just about anything? Something we've notified or appreciate. We don't know each other's egyms. That's what keeps it fun.
Speaker 1: Just like life. We are living on the edge of our seat.
Speaker 4: I don't even do any gym.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 3: We should channel all of their energy from now on the next one, Is it just Me? With Christy and Lucas they are both therapists. It's a mental health podcast.
Speaker 1: For God's sake. What I'm learning is it is just me can really be shoehorned to any topic.
Speaker 3: Literally, I feel like we're the only ones taking the piece with it. Yeah, everyone's just making it way deeper than it needs to be. But I probably might add these guys to my library. Christie Luke, let's listen.
Speaker 13: Hey everyone, I'm Lucas and I'm Christie, and you're listening to the Is It Just Me?
Speaker 2: Podcast, where we aim to provide education, decrease the stigma, and expels the myths around mental health.
Speaker 1: Christy, is it just me?
Speaker 12: Or?
Speaker 13: Do we see ourselves differently than others see us?
Speaker 2: I think that that is so true.
Speaker 12: I was talking with a and from high school who listens to our podcast, High Kelly.
Speaker 2: I can't High Kelly.
Speaker 3: You're sending me some podcast ideas, And one of the things that he had said was is it just me?
Speaker 4: Or is the person that I see in the mirror is not what everybody else sees?
Speaker 7: It was something along that and I was like, oh my gosh, that's such a good topic.
Speaker 13: It's incredibly common that people suffer from low self esteem and that goes anywhere from the activities that we do, to our looks, to how much we weigh to.
Speaker 12: Anything we're good at, well we're not good at.
Speaker 13: Self esteem fluctuates throughout the day, throughout the year, and there's it's really important to talk about because it impacts so many different things.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts are so powerful, and the inner monologue that you have going on within your head needs to be positive or it's going to impact every other area of your life. Jesus, hey, my favorite stuf, I thought, I mean, I get it.
Speaker 1: If I'm in the mood for that, I'll definitely turn them on. They would.
Speaker 4: I feel like they're just saying things that we already know.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that if I played more than a one minute, except might have scratched the surface a little more.
Speaker 1: No, it's not fun when they're kind of okay. I want tragics. I don't want good quality shows up.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's such a good topic. I was talking to my friend Andrew. Heyandre I was like, oh my god, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: To the show. Do you have a look in the mirror and.
Speaker 3: You Oh, sorry, we shouldn't be rude to our ingim cousins, Christie and Lucas. Go check them out if you can be bloody bothered, I've saved the worst to last. Juel Tanner and Patsy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Oh, I wonder what happened to Patsy. I thought she found her feet with a new show they.
Speaker 2: Bring us, Is it just Me or dot dot dot question mark? That's a different take, It is different formatting.
Speaker 3: They give us a deep dive into the quirks, mysteries and wonders of everyday Live. It's just a shame that it sounds like they're in a fucking garbage bim audio.
Speaker 14: All Right, y'all, welcome back. It's been a super hot minute. It's been a hot girl summer. It's been a hot girl summer. Kidding but in my own but anyways, so yeah, it's been a really long time. It's it's been at least a month, So welcome back.
Speaker 7: Is it just Me?
Speaker 14: Or with obviously jewels and my favorite to have on here, Hannah and Patsy.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, guys, Thank you.
Speaker 7: For having us.
Speaker 14: All Right, so today is going to be super just random things that we talk about and hot.
Speaker 2: Topics as well.
Speaker 1: So where do y'all want to start?
Speaker 4: Don't want to start with the first one?
Speaker 7: Yeah, got it?
Speaker 12: Go go cool.
Speaker 15: So do you feel like social media ruins relationship expectations? And I say that because I think I see a lot now of people that are single saying, oh, like if they look like they have a really like a perfect relationship, right, But sometimes I think social media like you're only going to present the suppression, like because not.
Speaker 1: The good stuff.
Speaker 2: I've never heard anyone like that point so too.
Speaker 15: Not that it's detrimental to religious but sometimes I feel like it can be because of the accent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was just.
Speaker 1: Taking the access. Yeah, oh why'd you cut up me until I was really enjoying that?
Speaker 3: Well, that was going to be my tribe. I think we should if we're going to replicate the style of presenting. Firstly, I'm putting my microphone down. Put your minds as far away from your face as you can. Yeah, okay, and we're gonna have no intro, but it's going to go okay, so welcome is it's just me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we have to talk about a nondescript period of break that no one is across.
Speaker 2: We have to use, but obviously a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, obviously we're back from the break after what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, after the incident.
Speaker 1: It's seen so long, we're not going to go back.
Speaker 2: And I want to give a shout out to the judge for allowing us back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank goodness. No, we're joking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're kidding.
Speaker 1: We're kidding. We're kidding a summer.
Speaker 2: Anyway, We're going to be talking about hot topics and also really random.
Speaker 1: Dufam Mitchell, my favorite is here? Whoa we This bitch is crazy. This bitch is crazy. She's Banana el Loco. We laugh like crazy when she's on this show every week. Oh my god, Jenna woo woo.
Speaker 4: Hi everyone, Oh shut up?
Speaker 2: Like, should we start at the start or what I reckon? We start at the start?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got a point. Yeah, I wanted to bring up and I don't know if y'all have ever had this thought, But the wind blows, that's the question. You're so fucking Actually, you're so funny. How your brain works is crazy. And obviously, like.
Speaker 2: We obviously have felt the wind, but like, how do we know what the wind's feeling? Obviously we can't speak to the wind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you don't know that.
Speaker 2: You should should be by.
Speaker 1: You should try to give so much. I hate it so much.
Speaker 3: So I'm good luck to our in Gym, Cousin, Patsy, Christy, Lucas, Leila Ca.
Speaker 2: And MJ and Jen Yea. God speed, god speed the top dogs out.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, should we go probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get out of here all right.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening, idiots.
Speaker 2: Give us a five star review.
Speaker 1: It does help us. We love you, and the mugs are still available and our merch is still available if you'd like to purchase.
Speaker 3: I'm currently staring in my kitchen table, which is I'm not even embellishing, completely full of mugs that you're and I yet to sign.
Speaker 2: That's what we're doing as soon as we've finished these episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're signing.
Speaker 3: So that'll be fun if you want to add to that list, like it's a good problem to have. I was like, holy fuck, there's so many, but we're gonna get cracking.
Speaker 2: Let's get out of here.
Speaker 10: We will.
Speaker 1: Thanks listening to gets Yeah soon, catch you next week. By bite tip faith is it just Me?
Speaker 4: A podcast by a couple of meches. Make sure you've hit photo on your podcast.
Speaker 2: A welcome to ad debrief our Secret segment on the end.
Speaker 3: I've realized after two hundred and fifty fucking episodes that I've never ever altered the inflections of Welcome to.
Speaker 2: Add brief our Secret Secret. Yeah, what if one day I just came in all kinds of blathing.
Speaker 1: To ady debris pula midsed jury.
Speaker 2: How would you introduce it?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, episode ends, music fades, Welcome ladies and gentlemen. It's add brief. Oh shoot, it's Oscar. Oh come in.
Speaker 3: Ye, so he came to the smash room with this and he's still at my heart? Have you been doing spe on that balcony the whole time?
Speaker 1: I'll come over here speak to him. How I Hi, Hi, Oscar? What were you doing out there for an.
Speaker 2: Hour messaging to hundreds of men that am wrong? Exactly?
Speaker 10: Did you have a little gnat just copy and paste, you know, to all seventy five of them that I met this?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Do you are you still on grinder? Yeah? I just can't find you now? Do you use the like pre written messages? I find them disgusting, Like you.
Speaker 2: Can't be written one?
Speaker 1: Yes, you can just write like customers, Hey, how are you high? What are you looking for?
Speaker 12: High?
Speaker 1: Top here? So you don't have to bother writing it out. You can just tap a button and a presends it.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 10: That would require me to respond to half of them. So no, no, okay, fair enough, No, I'm too busy.
Speaker 3: Do you know what Oscar, I've just noticed, I reckon, there's something about this podcast and your general health. Maybe we curse you because you've been fine all day. You a microphone, you sound congested as fun.
Speaker 10: I know, honestly, Like I can't explain how my body works. You know how some people, like you, know, they go to work and they're all like, oh, I've been sick as a dog, but I'll be right and they can push through. It's like mine's the opposite. Like it's when I don't have to do you need your voice as soon as I fucking need anything to shave themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just by the way, I don't know what it could be, and it's definitely not the vape you've been stuck all day that could be.
Speaker 3: Famously, I thought the opposite problem to Oscar, because you know how I was cooked as fuck for a whole fortnight a couple of weeks, yees, I was this miserable all day.
Speaker 2: My sinuses. I woke up choking one night because like my whole nose and like the mucus was in the throat. I woke up like.
Speaker 3: And so I had a really fucked throat, really fucked sinuses. But for some reason, as soon as I was in the studio for an episode, it was, yeah, our body is like, Nana, you've got to perform now. Yeah, your body' is like, oh, you've got a podcast to be on. We're going to make you sound dreadful.
Speaker 1: Ready to hear it?
Speaker 2: You said, all right, it sounds a bit like as nice speak for a bit.
Speaker 1: Give me, give me the the you know the scale.
Speaker 10: The scale speak a bit. Well, grind is awful.
Speaker 1: I can hear na, Yeah, no, I can hear it. What's the air con in here too? And we're right under it? Mitchell?
Speaker 3: Oh shit, I forgot to turn the aircorn off. That's going to be in the background all day. We're as bad as bloody Patsy and Hannah and shit.
Speaker 1: Oh That's why I'm in such a good mood because I'm directly under eighteen degree fans.
Speaker 3: The other thing we really needed this air con is we don't even need it this cold, but after the fucking hottest fuck smash room.
Speaker 2: We needed it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was a sweaty time.
Speaker 1: Shall we cross back to Oscar and see who he's still berating?
Speaker 2: Where's he at?
Speaker 1: Paul Roberta?
Speaker 2: Are there any men that you've forgot. Oh probably who are they?
Speaker 10: Oh, keV Bloody Martineau.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you dating anyone? Are you dating anyone at the moment?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 10: No, okay, you're It's not that I'm off, like, it's just no one seems to be anyone I've spoken to. Like, I feel like I'm the curse because every time I talk to someone in the moment, it's like, oh my god, yes, like this is great.
Speaker 3: True as the best friend. I've seen it happen time and time again. People lead him on and then just go quiet.
Speaker 1: You give them too much of your own heart shook.
Speaker 2: I really don't though, really under my stick construction, I'm like, you don't.
Speaker 10: Know, I really don't, because it's like it's one of those things where like I know I'm ready for something, but I can't force that on someone else.
Speaker 2: So like and it was a desperation, yes, yeah, yeah, I've got to it for that, just forgot to bring it.
Speaker 10: We could tell exactly, yes, thank you, but no, It's it's one of those things where it's like it's I fully understand how it's so easy to get caught up in the moment and then reality kicks back in and work schedules come back, and there are a lot of people whose work schedules are more demanding than mine. I get that, So I just I just yeah, I talked to them for two minutes and then if they're around there around otherwise I can't be fucked.
Speaker 2: Like there's so many dreadful men like that that lead people along.
Speaker 10: Welcome to Sydney.
Speaker 3: Also, I don't want to tell you how to live your life, but you're not going to find a decent monong ground like they're there for one thing.
Speaker 2: Go on Hinge down.
Speaker 1: I found Steven on grinder.
Speaker 2: Oh that's true. True to me. I don't appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Sorry, No, it's actually one of the opposite.
Speaker 10: I find that the more awful men are on Hinge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're in share on Time. That's where I found him.
Speaker 10: Yeah, true, But I didn't meet him on Hinge did I.
Speaker 1: Actually, he's what left. Actually I found Bumble the worst, Like I really feel like that for us. It's not for us now. They didn't understand how it worked, and all of a sudden, like bee was buzzing and it's like, good morning, You've got twelve honey combs to use today. I'm like, what do you mean like buzz buzz, You've got a sting in your tail, Like what is going on with this apple? Like it would just I did enjoy the energy of that where Tinder, I get the flame and the hot and you've been liked super like. I'm like, I get it, But bumble are over there being like your honey pot's about to explode. Find out who's dipping their hands.
Speaker 2: They're about to get sticky.
Speaker 1: I don't like.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it gives major Winnie the pooh vibes the poh yeah, what about that with you? It's I don't know, there's just something out there and I feel like I am a I feel like I'm a curse to be honest for because they always seem to get busy.
Speaker 3: No, I don't mean it like you know, depressed, but like you know, well why did you just did you just jerk? I used to think I must be a curse as well. I used to think that because it was the same old story. Every time I was in the same.
Speaker 1: Bad the men would leave me on and then was tragic.
Speaker 3: I remember once I shifted my thinking from I must be cursed to I'm an absolute prize.
Speaker 2: They'd be lucky that's when I found John.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 10: Oh true. Look, I'm not overly worried about a man. I mean, all of my close friends are in long term relationships, so as far as I'm concerned, I've got seventeen boyfriends. Yes, I'm the third in a good majority of situations, which is which works perfectly fine.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, I don't know if you experience this, but it is quite handy having an understudy boyfriend. Sean couldn't make it to a wedding. It's my plus one, so Oscar came along.
Speaker 1: I have So does you guys do that a lot?
Speaker 2: Like an understudy roles Sean, it's not available, but Oscar Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Famously after.
Speaker 3: Oscar and I are a couple because he's my understudy boyfriend, he seems to be there.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 10: Still, I remember back in the day too, when people when I first sort of came onto the scene in content and whatnot, people genuinely thought I was your boyfriend and I had I remember being on.
Speaker 3: When we went to As we were leaving, one of the girls we met there one of the other guests was like, enjoy your fuck.
Speaker 2: That shan't be happening, was she drunk.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was plaster.
Speaker 1: She was the bride, so she was No. I wasn't from enjoy the fun. I love the Oscar vibe of just glasses.
Speaker 10: I just can't be bothered, and I feel very Oscar. I got my leg crossed, leg cross, you know, feeling very dainty.
Speaker 2: You're feeling scorned, and.
Speaker 1: You're holding the microphone. I might hold mine too, just for a bit of fun.
Speaker 10: It's quite a heavy microphone. I'm not used to this much manual labor.
Speaker 2: You've just been smashing all day.
Speaker 4: Your muscles are tie.
Speaker 10: Went to a smash room, which I was very confused about.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had a great joke that I don't think made the cuts. You're presenting your ass and smash of course, of course, of course, yeah yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, which you know famously everyone wants to.
Speaker 1: You noticed that while we were in there. We took about forty five minutes in the smash room, but the room next to us just had two different sets of couples going out, and I thought, is it couple's therapy or is it a fun date out? Or like are they planning on becoming like a you know, bank heist duo?
Speaker 12: Like what why?
Speaker 1: Would a couple go in and they were they weren't talking to each other, very clinical.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's not one part of me that thought they were a couple.
Speaker 10: Actually, yeah, really my first couple. My hypotheses on the two of them was that there was drama that he cheated because she seemed fucking furious as she did. She seemed furious and she looks like.
Speaker 3: A therapist told them to do this, and they said it would do her heart's good if you accompany her there and watch her release her rage, so you can see the point that you've driven her to God, we've become fucking Christy and Lucas the mental health podcast we.
Speaker 1: Have, Yeah, we've added a fourth so basic basically who was a Bertha.
Speaker 3: And Chilly and that's something like that. Yeah, Jules, Tannah and Patsy, the oscars and what we're talking about smile and trucks now, But should you want to discuss you falling down the stairs?
Speaker 2: The other day we went here? Oh yeah, Monday's episode.
Speaker 1: How was the story told?
Speaker 4: It was really, it was really good. You have to actually hear listen.
Speaker 2: It's called.
Speaker 1: I Don't want to Get hooked? Though five episodes left, well, four now we're born now. Oh yeah we should go? Shall we go?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah we should. Thank you for listening, idiots.
Speaker 3: We hope this podcast made for at least two percent better today. That's all, just two percent.
Speaker 1: So I will see you all in a couple of days.
Speaker 2: Well, not a couple on Monday on Monday, a few days would be more accurate.
Speaker 1: Couples too. I'm one of those idiots that didn't realize a couple meant to really yeah, a couple of Mitch, So it's like a couple, like I thought, because if someone says to you, hey, grab a couple of oranges from the store, I'd grab more than.
Speaker 2: You probably would get three discent cases.
Speaker 1: See, but so like a couple, Sean and Mitchell is two. Yes, but there to the third orange.
Speaker 10: You're there just in case, honestly, on the off chance something happens. I'm ready to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're all across.
Speaker 2: Would your plus one be if Steven couldn't make it? Would it be mean? Am I the understudy boyfriend?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Definitely if it was like, yeah, like an event or something work?
Speaker 10: Is that what you mean?
Speaker 4: What about me?
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening?
Speaker 2: Catch you back on Monday.
Speaker 10: By bye is It Just Me, a podcast by a couple of Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast