Speaker 1: The Rise and Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the yugen Bah region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Terrestride Islander peoples today. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things. You know that girl energy is really being so content and so happy within your own life life.
Speaker 2: To do those little mundane things.
Speaker 1: Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conker Podcast. It is your host, Georgie Stevenson, lawyer turned entrepreneur, business owner, new mum all the things. Today, we have another little pep talk for you.
Speaker 2: I am I'm vibing these aren't I a dear, Yes, but they're amazing.
Speaker 1: I just I feel like it's that sort of end of year energy. No bullshit, let's just say it how it is. And I and today's pep talk is all about how to really channel that that girl energy and make your life more sacred. So it is a concept that I heard on a book and I tell you all about it, and it's just basically about how to really hack your mindset, appreciate the small things and just feel more happy and content with the every day and almost like loving the mundane. It has really really helped me and something I've really been trying to like implement and integrate and embody.
Speaker 3: So I wanted to.
Speaker 2: Share it with you guys.
Speaker 1: But before we get into the show, very very special announcement. My Love's the Rise and Conquer Project, my seven week self development and manifesting course that has changed thousands of women's lives, is opening back up for enrollment early next gr So I just wanted to tell you guys. I want you to put in your calendar if you're interested, But the cart will open literally January sixteenth, and we don't start till feb. But I did want to leave the cart open a little bit longer this time, just because you know, I know, the price isn't you know, is something you've got to prepare for. So I wanted to give you guys a lot of time, and I know that was feedback from our last enrollments. So the cart will be open for a good three weeks from January sixteenth, and then we start in feb And obviously this is going to be an incredible time if you have some big goals for the new year, if you really want to, you know, implement them and up level. And I did want to just do a quick kind of explain it just on the difference between the Rise and Concer Project and the Do It for your Future Self couse, just because I've had that DM from a couple of you and basically think of it this way. So the Rise and Concer Project is really a self development and manifesting course. So in it I teach you my ten step formula on how to manifest and attract your dream life.
Speaker 3: So it's really in like the doing.
Speaker 1: The embodiment of manifestation, and it is seven weeks, it's quite a lot of content. The price is four hundred and forty four dollars. It really is like an investment and a chunk of time in your self development journey. And from the from the reviews on the website you can see how like life changing this course can be.
Speaker 2: Then at the Do It for your Future Self course.
Speaker 1: Is I don't want to call it like a mini course because I don't want to like invalidate it because it really is powerful, and I kind of created it because of the feedback I got from the Rise and Conquer projects of people, where like I love the course, you know, I love the formula. I love that you give everything to us, but I'm not actually even clear on what my big life is, if that makes sense.
Speaker 3: So what we do in the Do It for.
Speaker 1: Your Future Self course is it's all about getting clarity on what you actually want and I guess like digging deeper into your values how you want to actually feel. I would kind of call it like a precursor course to the project.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one hundred percent agree. I think it is the perfect thing to do before you do the project for the first time or redo the project, just because it gets you in such a good mind space and again really clear on what you want and what you're aligned with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's almost kind of like in the Do It for your Future Self course, I get into like routines and rituals and like putting things in your schedule and we write goals, and I feel like the do It for your Future Self course is like very practical and you implement things straight away. And obviously it's only seven modules and seven days and each module is thirty minutes, so it's obviously a lot more condensed, smaller content. You can do it a lot quicker, and it's like kind of almost would you say, like masculine energy of just like doing, whereas the project is all about stepping into your fem energy and really into like alignment and manifesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I think what I love about the Do It for your Future Self course as well is that it's like the lifestyle it sets up. It helps you set up your lifestyle and your mindset before you can then step into the next level, which is the manifesting, which is the project.
Speaker 1: Yes, which is yeah, I would definitely say it's like kind of a precursor, Like I don't think you have to do the do It for your Nurture Self course before the project, but that's how I personally would do it.
Speaker 3: And they especially if you.
Speaker 2: Haven't done self development before.
Speaker 1: Yes, And they're definitely completely different. So we kind of wanted to, you know, cater for everyone because you might be in you know, different seasons. So obviously the Do It for your Future Self course is already open. We start gen first, and a module unlocks each day, and then the project enrollment is January sixteenth, which I'm so excited about. We might I'm literally just so excited for January.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be so good. Oh my god, We're gonna have like our shit together, aren't we. Yeah, it's made better.
Speaker 1: Plus there may be a very exciting announcement coming with the project, which we can't tell you tears like, don't you guys, why do you want me to keep all the secrets? I'm so over it? So it's exciting, all right, Fine, So yeah, there's also a little exciting, a little, a big, a big exciting announcement coming with a project, but you'll hear more of that.
Speaker 2: But my whole point of even talking about this, if I.
Speaker 1: Ever get to it, is we have also.
Speaker 3: Had the DM of you know, I've either done.
Speaker 1: The project and I love it and I want to buy it for a friend for a Christmas present, or they do it for your future self they want to buy someone else it, or you know, they want to do it together, sweet the sweetest.
Speaker 2: So we hear you, guys, And we have created.
Speaker 1: Custom RNC gift vouchers for those specific courses. So there is an option of seventy seven dollars and seventy seven cents for the do It for your Future Self course and then four hundred and forty four dollars for the project. If that is something you want to give someone or maybe that's the gift you want, and you know you can tell your link yeap, you can share that link to your spouse or friend or mum and dad. So yes, I just want to tell you guys that we'll put the link in the show notes. But again before you get into the show, very quickly, a tear weekly recommendations.
Speaker 2: You go first.
Speaker 1: I'm going to come in with a non TV recommendations because Ellie's just told us off.
Speaker 2: My recommendation is a hydro facial. Oh what like? What is that? And how do you feel after it? Okay?
Speaker 1: So I got one on Monday, and it's because I saw it on either Instagram or TikTok of a girl I follow. She's actually from the US, but her skin always looks so glowing and beautiful, and so she did this real and she guys, she was like, guys, just I need to tell you I swear by hydro facials. I get one every like couple of months and you know, she had these skin conditions and she gets it and she's like, my skin, I'm forty four and my skin has never looked so amazing, Like I swear it looks better when I was like thirty five, and she was going on about it, and I was like, hmm, interesting, And so I decided to book myself a facial. A facial is something I never do. I'm personally like if I'm going to Boo an appointment, it's a massage. And I was like, no, I'm going to book this facial because I feel like my skin have just been has been like a little bit crazy and just.
Speaker 2: Like a bit dull and a bit like eh.
Speaker 1: And because I don't wear makeup and I just can't be bothered. It would be great if my skin was looking you know, extra specials.
Speaker 2: So it does look beautiful today, Thank you so much. Here.
Speaker 1: I loved it. It's like so basically I don't know what like, I'm not good with all the terminology, but you know the facial where it like sucks like things out of your paws, yes, like cleans it and sucks it. So the hydro facial does that while putting stuff back in there to really like you know, plump it up and make it feel good. So that's why it's called like I think that's the hydro aspect.
Speaker 3: So she started off.
Speaker 1: Like first of all, doing this like weird message of like draining the face, which is ye a bit of fun. And then she did some instraction extractions and then she did that and then she put a lead light on and then I don't know, some other cream and I loved it.
Speaker 2: I feel like my.
Speaker 3: Skin looks so like glowy and like very clean.
Speaker 2: Yeh is that how it's pause?
Speaker 3: Yeah, very kind of just smooth.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I actually noticed a different straight away, and she's like, honestly, if you get this like monthly for a while, She's like wow, And I was like, okay.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do it. Okay, you've convinced me.
Speaker 1: Yeah I know. And then I also bought like a bunch of products too, so they really got meted.
Speaker 2: So highly recommend.
Speaker 1: I obviously just went to my like local facial person, but I think they do it everywhere.
Speaker 2: So yeah, love watch yours.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm Ellie said, we can't recommend any TV or movies are bit stuck, but.
Speaker 2: You can do whatever you want to do.
Speaker 4: I my recommendation actually is to call one of your best friends this week.
Speaker 2: Love that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I haven't spoken to one of my friends in ages and then ages is like two weeks. But I called her and we were on the phone for like forty minutes this week and it was a FaceTime and it was the best thing ever. So that's my recommendation this week.
Speaker 2: I love that so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's often something like I won't talk to my best friend Flag a month.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like texting is one thing, but calling them such a big difference. And everyone's going to be doing a lot of driving, I feel like over the holidays and people might be going away, So just if you're driving, try and give one of your friends call.
Speaker 2: I love that so much.
Speaker 1: Okay, amazing, Let's get into the episode. All right, guys, let's chat about how to make your life sacred, your rituals sacred. I just love the word rituals and through doing this experiencing a higher feeling of like purposefulness.
Speaker 2: Is that a word?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: It is? Oh, thank god.
Speaker 1: So I was listening to I'm obsessed with this book right now, and it's called thirty three Steps to Your Infinite Self.
Speaker 2: By Stuart Wild And.
Speaker 1: Basically he talks a lot about a tear. Have you heard of like Daoism? No, So it's not a religion. It's like an ancient I think it's Chinese philosophy.
Speaker 2: It's called the Doo.
Speaker 1: And it's quite short, and it's a bunch of like philosophy, philosophy for what's the word?
Speaker 2: Like, Oh, is the Taoism like a book? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like I don't want to say proverb, but like just a bit of writing, okay, down from you know, an ancient time about life.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And but in saying that, like when you actually read it, it doesn't make a lot of sense, but you've got to like really study it to understand it. Anyway, So this guy has been like, you know, meditating the woods and walking barefoot in the woods and like doing all the things, and he has devoted his life to figuring out Daoism and just I guess, like the higher purpose of life. Anyway, he wrote this book and he's South African and he's really funny.
Speaker 2: Does he read the book the audiobook?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the jokes are just hilarious and he just makes it so light hearted. Anyway, Love this book. And a big thing in what sorry, one of the steps in the book was about making your life sacred. And so he goes on about he's not religious, yeah, but he what he does is he has his own sacred traditions and sacred rituals that make his life feel purposeful.
Speaker 2: Would you say he's spiritual or just not at all?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Definitely spiritual, Okay, yeah, but it's not like, you know, there's a higher power or yeah.
Speaker 2: No spiritual higher power.
Speaker 1: But I'm more talking about he doesn't a god. Oh yeah, yeah, he talks about source universe.
Speaker 2: That's sort of vibe.
Speaker 1: But you know, I guess literally, when I looked up the definition of sacred, it says connected with God or a god, or dedicated to a religious.
Speaker 2: Purpose and so deserving virtue. That's interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so what he explains is he's like, I'm not religious, but what I do is I, yeah, dedicate you know, certain things, and I make them sacred. And by doing this, he goes on to explain, it's almost like a form of respecting yourself and respecting like he talks about your infinite.
Speaker 2: Self, like your soul.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and by making things sacred, you're giving it purpose. So he even he gives example, he's like, you know, you can go out and clean the car, and you could make that a sacred ritual of like put the sponge here and then I do this and then I make it meaningful. Or you could go outside and be like, fuck, I have to wash your come.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he's like, by doing this, and he talks a lot about like the ego and that sort of thing, and he's like, by having sacred you know, traditions and rituals, it's really being able to I guess, in the ego's world, giving some sort of purpose so things don't feel meaningless.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: I love it so much, and it really reminded me of one of our most downloaded episodes is How to Romanticize.
Speaker 2: Your Life, How to Be That Girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And in that episode I really kind of chat about, you know, on TikTok and Instagram. All the rave is the content of the girl who's like got her shit together. Yeah, she's doing her morning routine and she's like got her face mask on, and she's making a little map and like all those things. And I'm so attracted to that content because it does it feels very like fulfilled yeah, you've got your shit together and they're like small mundane things, but again, I feel like that is making your life sacred.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then in that episode, a big thing that I talked to you guys about, and we'll make sure we link that.
Speaker 2: Episode because that was such a good episode.
Speaker 1: Hey, Tia, that was such a good episode by myself, I hate myself anyway. You guys liked it though, because you downloaded it a lot, so we'll go with it. And in that episode, I, you know, the big epiphany moment for me was realizing, you know that girl energy is really being so content and so happy within your own life to do those little mundane things and to.
Speaker 2: Make them sacred. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so I love this so much and it was such a good I guess reminder for me. And I wanted to do this episode because you know, we're in the middle of December. We've got a lot of like craziness happening. We might be traveling to see our family, we might be feeling a.
Speaker 2: Little bit out of control for sure. Ideas eyes like rolled back.
Speaker 4: To sever such a WorldWind, and I feel like it's always a well wind no matter how hard you do.
Speaker 1: Exactly, But we're embracing the world we're out here. And what I'd love for you guys to think of this whole episode is like where in your routine can you make things sacred and make things so you know, even if you are away, it's about like making little things happen that feel really good to you, and you're giving back to yourself. You're respecting yourself and taking back that little bit of control. Yeah, And like, for example, I realized that like years ago, when me and Tim were trying to get pregnant and we couldn't, something that came really sacred to us was our Sunday morning coffee. And that's literally why IVY is called Ivy Sunday, because we had this sacred tradition where like we did not ever plan anything on a Sunday morning, and we knew that we would go get our favorite coffee and go to the beach and have our coffee and breakfast and talk.
Speaker 2: About our life when we had our angel baby.
Speaker 1: And we don't do that anymore because we have heard But I was thinking back and I was like, that was so sacred.
Speaker 3: And I remember being like I remember that now, and I remember being that being.
Speaker 1: Such a key part of like my week and my sanity. And if you think about it, we were literally just walking to the beach and getting coffee. Yeah, there's not actually anything special about.
Speaker 2: It, but we made it special. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's actually cute.
Speaker 2: It's really sweet.
Speaker 1: Think about it because that was such a beautiful like time in our life and this is really beautiful too. Of like a big sort of piece of advice is like, don't try and go back to a previous time when something was sacred and bring that back to the future.
Speaker 3: Make something new that fits.
Speaker 1: Yes sacred, because I was thinking that and I was like, oh, I miss out Sunday morning coffee dates, and like how can I make this work? But like when you have a one year old and trying to get to the beach and without her falling asleep and she's in the car, and it's like this fucking whole big thing. And so now we have a different tradition where it's Tim goes and.
Speaker 2: Get coffee and breakfast.
Speaker 1: I saw ivy out, he comes back, We you know, eat it on the balcony and we sit and have those chats. So there's a new sort of tradition, but it's a really special time again. So I want you guys to think about what in your routine or maybe you need to add something and that's fine, what can you add to make it sacred? And even something like is really interesting to speak about, is like literally thinking of yourself as sacred.
Speaker 2: Like I want you guys to do this.
Speaker 1: I've just thought of this, like go to the mirror, look at yourself in the mirror and be like, I am sacred, and like kind of see what comes up, and like I don't know even to me that for like.
Speaker 2: That feels really special. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: And again I loved that Stuart in his book was like talking about this being like a form of like respecting yourself and respecting your infinite self by choosing to say no, I am special.
Speaker 2: No, the little mundane.
Speaker 1: Tasks that I do are actually really special. Yeah, and giving it like a whole new meaning.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And like when you think about it, life is amazing, amazing. What are the chances that you ended up like human, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Instead of a dog? Instead of a dog.
Speaker 4: But truly, and like things that you look at as little might not actually be little. You're just lucky enough for them to seem little.
Speaker 1: Well, that's my whole big thing is like, and that I even did it this morning. So I changed up my routine this morning.
Speaker 2: I haven't told you this, yawn, I'm ready something that I realized.
Speaker 3: I was journaling yesterday.
Speaker 2: I had a bit of spare time on my Sunday.
Speaker 1: It was journaling, and I was like, what is the energy I want to attract in the new year, And so I did some prompts from our new do it for your Future self course, and I was really sitting in like what do I want to attract? And a big thing for me, and I've been very open about this is like twenty twenty two for me, A lot of it felt unaligned. And that's just because I was sitting in this like energy of my previous self making these decisions and then my new self having to like carry out those decisions, and a lot of the energy was like.
Speaker 2: Really manic and like full on and hectic.
Speaker 1: And I used to live and live and breathe that energy like that was my energy and I fucking loved it. But since becoming a mum, it's not really working out and it's too much, and I'm shifting into this new stage of my life where I want the energy like and this is what.
Speaker 2: I wrote down.
Speaker 1: I was like slowness, flexible, and to really sit with.
Speaker 2: When I do things, I do them with like intention.
Speaker 1: And it's funny because I was journaling that, and then I woke up this morning and my usual routine is like Bam, wake up at five o'clock, snooze my alarm for one time, only allow myself one time, and then I wake up and I chunk my gym clothes on, smash my pre workout, I'm in the car, and I do a class at six am.
Speaker 2: It's all a big rush, yeah.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I literally am my own boss. I literally get to decide literally when I start work, which is also something like we give you guys as well, literally say if you want to do a gym class later or something like that, you want to start later and finish.
Speaker 2: Later, like up to you guys. So I was like, what do I.
Speaker 1: Actually want to do here? And I thought of the affirmation of like you are the energy you want to attract. So I'm like, I'm trying to attract this like slow intentional energy and here I am like rush hugging pre work out, just smashing pre workout every morning. So this morning I made this like really intentional choice to say, well, actually I can do the seven am class instead of the six I'm up now. I still got my gym clothes on, and I did this whole thing where I like opened my curtains and I like made my bed and I like got to my bed with my journal and I did a fifteen minute meditation fully quiet, which was new. And then I journaled and I was like, what's the energy I want to attract, and like went through my journal prompts and and then I still, you know, got up. I had my banana, I then had my pre workout saygobye, Tim gave I a kiss, and then off I went to my class. And that energy, I was like, oh wow, I actually like I'm stepping into, you know, what I want to attract. And I know I'm kind of getting off topic. Yeah, but that morning routine felt so sacred and it felt so like, it felt so right. Yeah, And I thought to myself, how many of us are just going through the motions and like doing the things because we think we have to do the things. We don't actually have to do the things, and they're not even serving us so it's like where in your life can you make things more sacred? And I thought too, like even some little things you could do is like you could have like a sacre if you for example, if you live with your parents, and you know, you could have like a sacred spot in your house where you have some beautiful like a like an altar almost, but it's like you have some beautiful little statues and incense and your journal in a certain place, and like you can do certain things to make it feel like special and sacred, and also like don't get caught up and being that girl and doing those routines if they don't.
Speaker 2: Feel good to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think it's about like it may not look esthetic, you know, Yes, that's a good point. Yeah, but it's like just figuring out it's like what feels like really good few and also realizing they don't have to be big things. They can actually be like really you know, small little things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like mine for me at the moment, just thinking about what you're saying is probably like when I have a bath, mm, very sacred for.
Speaker 2: Me, so special and me is so special. That's so weird.
Speaker 4: Sorry, keep going, And I actually enjoy driving m I feel very at peace. And sometimes I'll literally actually the drive up to the highway or back once I'm off the highway back home is like a bit green, like there's lots of high trees, and I'll just have no music playing and I'll just think, and that's like my time for me. And I will not, like, I put my phone and do not disturb when I'm driving that part of the route because I don't want people to call me. I don't want to talk to anyone. I just want to be.
Speaker 2: Like with my thoughts. I love that.
Speaker 1: You know what I did the other day, which I don't think I've ever done, And it was like the most amazing thing is our backyard. There's like a nature reserve beside us. So there's like fucking buildings everywhere here and then like this beautiful nature reserve.
Speaker 2: And I can't remember why I was doing this, but.
Speaker 1: Hang on, where was I Anyway, I was on the deck or something, but I was like my head was like laying towards these trees up here, and I was literally laying down looking up, so like trees were above me, and then the sky obviously was above me. Yeah, and then clouds and I actually just sat there like watching the trees and clouds for it was like ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Fuck, it was relaxing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was like, why have I never done this? I like, I live next to her fucking forest and I did that. And I also did that Sunday before I journal. I was like, I just need some time and it was Yeah, it was like so nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, silence and nature is so good.
Speaker 1: Well, this guy in his book, he talks a lot about getting barefoot and.
Speaker 2: Like walking the forest. My mom loves barefoot grass love. Yeah. But yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Just thought, I feel like, you know, with everything happening in this month and the craziness, maybe you know you're having to go see your family or you're having all these events on, and it's like where can we find the little moments to make sacred and like it's really for yourself? And I just I love this idea of it being like a form of respect for yourself, Like I hadn't really looked at it that way.
Speaker 2: And also a big.
Speaker 1: Thing and the reason why this sort of came up is because in day I think it's day five or six in the Do It for your Future Self course, I take you through some exercises to like really revamp your routines and rituals day and night and really thinking about them from an intentional sense of like mind, body, soul, and I take you through a whole exercise where you revamp them and redo them. And that's why I thought about it this morning. I'm like, I'm literally teaching people this and I need to like take.
Speaker 2: My own advice.
Speaker 1: And it felt, Yeah, it felt so good, and it really felt good to check in with myself rather than going through the motions and feeling like I was like on the hamster wheel again. So I thought you guys might need the reminder to But guys, thank you so much for listening. I hope you enjoyed this little episode, just a quick reminder. I'll do it for your future self. Course is available to in role now and we start the first of January, but you do have lifetime access, so all the details are on the website. Thanks so much for listening, Bhie. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group. A Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great. Four