Speaker 1: I heard podcasts, hear more Kiss podcast playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Good pickup with Brittley and Laura.
Speaker 1: Ben Brady, your work, our windows down, that's my worldries in the dust, only good tabs all down. I don't much, but yeah, I know I'll beg get and what I want.
Speaker 2: It don't matter where goes. This is the pickup.
Speaker 1: Hello, everybody happy end of the week. It's the Pickup with Britt Hoppily and.
Speaker 2: Laura burn Fry.
Speaker 3: You've got any plans for the weekend? Laws?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to soccer. You're a soccer mom.
Speaker 1: I'm a soccer mom, so every week sash, Yeah, gotta stand there. Mag got annoyed at me because I keep yelling too loudly on the sidelines, but I'm really into it.
Speaker 2: Four year old soccer is elite. Do you think that she's going to be like top dog?
Speaker 1: Last week I got canceled because of the rain. It got rained out so crazy. Do I think she's going to be top dog?
Speaker 2: Like's gonna be good?
Speaker 3: Do you think some kids just have that real natural athletic ability.
Speaker 1: Nah, there's other kids there that have got that real dog fight in them. Lawla likes to skip down the field, so we've got to get over the skipping first.
Speaker 2: We'll get there.
Speaker 3: We will.
Speaker 2: Did you ever play knock and run as a kid? HUNDI only one?
Speaker 3: Though I used to feel really bad for it, like that I was disturbing the neighbors. I don't know, it's the whole points such a nerd. I was a real nerd, Like I was a bit of a goodie good yet but in.
Speaker 2: A nice way.
Speaker 1: You weren't like a boring goodie good but you like to follow the rules when you're a kid. I just don't like to make people uncomfortable. And like I was like, oh, I don't want to play that prank. That's really nasty on them, But in hindsight, obviously wasn't. When you think about it, I feel like knock and run is like it's a very core childhood thing.
Speaker 2: We all know we shouldn't do it. We all know it's a bit naughty.
Speaker 1: You have to do it at least once, but you gotta let kids live a little and let them push some boundaries.
Speaker 2: And I came across that.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it was the most heartwarming, cutest video that's on socials at the moment, and it's about They call it ding Dong ditch in the United States, so I'm guessing.
Speaker 2: That this is where it comes from. But you know how a lot of.
Speaker 1: People now have the door cams, so like when people come to your door, it actually records what's happening and who's there, which makes it very hard for kids who'll play knock and run but have a listened to this.
Speaker 2: Oh crap, no, what are you doing here?
Speaker 4: I'm really sorry to ding Dong did you guys?
Speaker 2: So you don't know what you're out doing this? I don't call him right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah he does know. I felt that.
Speaker 3: I've been hold Is.
Speaker 4: That your dad? Yeah?
Speaker 2: He does sing Gong dish was good. Yeah, he says it's a court childhood memory and he wants to be a part of it. I gotta go.
Speaker 3: Actually, it's actually so wholesome, just how honest he is.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh, you got me. He's just a good kid, Like that is a good kid. That's what I would have done. I would have just given myself out.
Speaker 1: But I also listened to that, and I'm also like, that's a really good dad, Like that's who cares if you go and knocking on someone's door and being a bit inconvenient, like that's a dad who's like Okay. When I was a kid, I used to do this and it was fun, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Let's go and do it together. You know what are you waiting for?
Speaker 3: It's like that's the.
Speaker 2: Whole boy, it's so funny. I thought it was so cute.
Speaker 1: Took me back to like when we were little, and like the real nostalgia piece, we used to do so many dumb things that were like, obviously you shouldn't do it. It was naughty, like we'd prank call our neighbors and then hang.
Speaker 2: Up on poor Olga. She'd be like, stop calling me, Oh my god, I didn't even do that.
Speaker 1: When we were really little, we would stand on either sides of the road and we would pretend like we were holding like an invisible rope as a car would drive past, and there was not a single person who ever looked at these two like little girls and thought, oh, yeah, they're really holding fishing line. They would pretend to be like, oh so scary, and we really thought we got them. Looking back, now, the problem is is that bad when we would call up and do like the you know, like ring up and hang up on people, prank calls. That was around the time that caller I D came in, so like we didn't realize but old ground next or neighborack, So no, she didn't know.
Speaker 2: For a long time.
Speaker 1: She had one of those old like the phones that you would stick your finger in and then you got to like round the numbers around.
Speaker 2: But then I think because we were prank calling her so.
Speaker 1: Much, she got a digital phone and so the number would display, so we'd call her from the land line and she had our landline number programmed into her phone. And she called my mom and was like, your bloody children, But some of this is like legitimate childhood, Like they've got to go through it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because now kids sit online, they're not using chat, GPT, they're on YouTube, are playing video games.
Speaker 1: Based Although there was there were some kids staying at the hotel. I was staying out on the weekend and they got me good and I was really kind of annoyed by this until I watched that video and I was like it changed my mind.
Speaker 2: So I woke up in the morning from you know, we were.
Speaker 1: From a sleepole from sleep it was a big BUYE No we're staying in this hotel. Woke up in the morning and as I was going off of the day, I put my clean up my room thing on the because I wanted new towels. I wanted a fresh Mini bar like. I was excited to come home to a perfectly cleaned room. And as I was walking back to my room, like at the end of the day, and we got in really late, I saw that my please clean up my room thing, it had been switched around the other way and so and I know, it's so stupid, it's nothing, but I opened my door and.
Speaker 2: Know what had come, but nothing had been done. And the little kids that were staying it next door, I was.
Speaker 1: Like a bee.
Speaker 2: It was there, but maybe it was clean. It was like, I'm done for the day. I'm just gonna flip this around. She frankeened me. Maybe I don't know. Look, I love it.
Speaker 1: I think if your kids are getting up to a little bit of mischief but it's not causing any harm.
Speaker 2: Let them live, Laura.
Speaker 1: What is on your phone's lock screen? Marley May in the pool wearing a pair of goggles. Okay, cute, but mine rotates, you know when it comes like your screen savers how you can save. So I've got it set up so that it changes every I think twenty minutes, an hour whatever, and it just rotates between photos of the kids and then every soft and there's a rogue photo of Matt that comes up.
Speaker 3: I did try that once. Then I spread in nudes to pop up, so I had to take it off.
Speaker 2: See I'm in a long distance relationship. It didn't work well. Now I question this though.
Speaker 1: I reckon that they must have some sort of AI technology or something, because I mean, I've got not lots of news in my phone, but no, I just have lots of pictures of the kids when they were really little, when they were like in the bath or like, you know, all very innocent stuff. But in terms of rotating pictures, those ones never come up. So I actually think that maybe it kind of knows like that's not something that someone wants on their front of their screen.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a clinical psychologist, doctor Rebecca Ray, has revealed what it means about you who you are as a person depending on what you've.
Speaker 1: Got on your lock stre This is not an accurate way to psychoanalyze someone. I don't think it is is much better go to therapy.
Speaker 2: But if you went to a therapist, now, like show me your phone and that was how They don't. They're like, well that's a friend Japany, so it says you really need a holiday. Well, she says.
Speaker 3: We usually choose images we connect with emotionally, so your lock screen can reflect what you value or love. For example, Donald Trump has a photo of Donald Trump on his he doesn't, Yes, Donald Trump has Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: I do find it weird and like, don't take this personally. This is you and I don't mean it to hurt.
Speaker 1: I do find it a bit strange when people just have photos of themselves on their lock screen, unless it's an important day. Like actually, I was gonna say, maybe it's your wedding day, but then you should have a photo of.
Speaker 2: You and your partner, just not you and your don I have me, but it's me and Ben on our wedding day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's like, not just me, it's the both of us in it's one of my favorite photos from our wedding. And I got married like a month ago, so it's still fresh. That's different because it's a photo of the two of you embracing. I'm gonna tell you what that means. Sorry, let's get back to Donald Trump first. Actually, let's sit on Donald Trump. Donald Trump has a photo of Donald Trump. So if you have a photo of yourself, it can be a sign of confidence, self celebration, or motivation. But most people see it as narcissism, which but I have seen people before in the public eye, like motivational speakers and things like that, say that they put a photo of themselves from a time that they might be striving.
Speaker 2: To be that person again.
Speaker 3: So it might have been a time of their life where they were really fit or doing really well, or or somewhere in the world where they travel to that they want to go again, so that when they look at the screen, that's their motivation to get back there.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I would get the ick faster seeing a dude just having like a photo of him with his abs out, but he doesn't have abs now, and he's like, that's what I used to look like.
Speaker 2: I would be like, is this for you or for me? Or for who?
Speaker 3: A photo of your partner or you and your partner reflects love, connection and emotional closeness, which I feel like is really obvious, But it's supposed to be a way of keeping that person in front of mine during the day.
Speaker 2: So every time you look down, you're looking at your partner, you're feeling that connection. I think it's the same reason for having your kids.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, Taylor Swift and Travis Kelsey would photographed recently in their phones and they had each other on their phones, which I think is really cute. But I don't think I think that would be the standard phone savers, like your partner, what have you got?
Speaker 2: Grace me and my partner at your wedding? Actually, yeah, see, I think that's normal.
Speaker 3: Wild bell got okay friends, Okay, that falls in still just to like loving connection. The other interesting one was inspirational quotes. You know, people, Laura, you would have done this at some point when you were in your quote face pray love no like know thy worth, thy flower blooms or.
Speaker 2: Whatever the U s.
Speaker 1: I think if you've got an inspirational quote on your phone, it's that you're going through a bit of in a turmoil. I've been there, I see you, I understand it. I used to have inspo quotes as well.
Speaker 3: Well. Doctor Ray says that you just benefit from positive thinking, no and positive mantra.
Speaker 2: Well, recite your daily mantra. Whatever that quote is. You see it, you live it, you feel it, you believe it. Once again.
Speaker 1: I think at that point in my life I could have benefited from therapy.
Speaker 2: That's definitely. I think you've probably still goody.
Speaker 1: It's time for our little wins of the week, where you could win yourself five hundred dollars to spend at Chemists Warehouse and all you've got to do is call up with your little win.
Speaker 2: We don't want the big stuff little the cuts us. The smaller the better.
Speaker 1: We want those like insignificant moments in life that no one celebrates, but really we should all make time for.
Speaker 3: And we're going to kickstart with Jasmine.
Speaker 2: Hi, Jasmine, watch your little win.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 4: Oh, just to throw it out there, it is my birthday todayday, Happy birthday. So much win. I've had this pimple on my head for like a month, asking me what's wrong, like have you hit your head or something, and it's finally gone.
Speaker 2: So that's my win, mate, that's a good win.
Speaker 1: Also, Chemist ware House voucher could have come in real handy a month ago.
Speaker 2: To get rid of it. I know you people bad, all right, Desmond. Hold the line right there. We've got Dannielle next. Dannielle, what's your little winn of the week.
Speaker 4: I finally got my five year old daughter to eat her vegetables.
Speaker 3: Five.
Speaker 2: Now I need to know what the trick is. That's pretty advanced, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I mean, don't they I'm veg I mean sorry, I met late.
Speaker 2: I meant late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But some kids have weird food aversions to stuff, like some kids love veggies and other kids just want beige food like chips.
Speaker 2: What their chicken nugget kids? Are they? Danielle?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she loves the chicken nuggets.
Speaker 4: But I finally got her to eat some broccoli and some pumpkins.
Speaker 1: Well done, Danielle. Well, I'm gonna have to share her on with your tips. But we've got Karen on the phone next. Karen, what's your little winn of the week?
Speaker 4: My little winner's the weeks? Actually, I saw a kuala and then I saw a bandicoot in the wild.
Speaker 2: Where are you a bandicoot? Where were you?
Speaker 4: I was on McClay Island. I live basically moved to McLay Island. It's a beautiful spot of paradise between Brisbane and the Gold Coast and we have band coots here in my garden.
Speaker 2: And wow, it sounds beautiful.
Speaker 4: It sounds like you're already winning a beautiful wildlife. Yeah, oh how oh.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful, Karen, all right, hold the line just there, Britt, Jasmine, Danny L Karen. We've got pimple, We've got month long pimple. Well you broccoli, and we've got bandicoots.
Speaker 3: I just saw a little look on your face where I think you've decided, have you Well, I just think if.
Speaker 1: You put up with a pimple for an entire month, like you deserve something off the back of that. And it sounds like a chemist warehouse boucher would really come in handy there.
Speaker 2: It's also a birthday. We have no proof of that, but that could be a fear but happy birthday, Jasmine.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: You're so welcome. That's five hundred bucks you just spent at chmist Warehouse. We're going to get that across to you.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, this is the best birthday ever. Thank you so much, So welcome.