Speaker 1: Imagine, if you will, that you are in a place of great beauty. Some teenage boys walk.
Speaker 2: Past you, they yell out, they bitch tits.
Speaker 1: The world you see is a place of paradox of beauty and cruelty.
Speaker 2: It will cut you off at the knees then gift you a pair of easies.
Speaker 1: And that, my friends, is why you always always need a buck up.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what that move was, Caitline Brook from the back up Potato, the Wiggles move. Oh yes, it was hold out the hot potato.
Speaker 2: What a time we live in night Valvo.
Speaker 3: There's a whole wiggle Now do you know that the new one? Yeah, the new one. Wasn't he a male stripper or something?
Speaker 2: Oh? Was he?
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm making that up.
Speaker 2: No, I'm always no, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I think he was. Here's what?
Speaker 2: Oh he's got tats?
Speaker 3: Got tats?
Speaker 2: Are they hidden under the skivvy like ya?
Speaker 3: He's got tats? Step dad wiggle Yackoza.
Speaker 2: That's the Japanese mafia. Oh okay, yakuza, and you know they've got wake up, Jeff, what Japanese?
Speaker 3: No, it was just didn't mean that I had a first accidentolation.
Speaker 2: Of a nation.
Speaker 3: Now my god, I got kids on the back.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, is that I have to not listen to it so that I can be really angry canceled. I have to listen to it so I can stop listening to Oh speaking of no one gets canceled anymore, not that we got told we have to start telling people to spread the word of the buck Up. Okay, you know what you must if you enjoy us.
Speaker 3: Thank you for jo It's a bit weird that we're saying that you're not enough.
Speaker 2: No, no, because people know how the world is? That? Which is what?
Speaker 3: How is the world?
Speaker 2: Well, the world is a numbers game.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, man, like that.
Speaker 2: There's seven billion people in the world. I'm going to say six and a half billion haven't listened to the buck Up.
Speaker 3: And that's frankly not good enough.
Speaker 2: But so we do love you telling people.
Speaker 3: Spread it around. Share the very quick question, then we'll start the buck up. What do you think in your many years of radio was the most insane thing you did on air?
Speaker 2: Oh? What are you? I can't even remember? Just something crazy, I can't remember, lash bus Oh the flash us. Oh my goodness. We got a bunch of women and.
Speaker 3: Me different what's different.
Speaker 2: Well, we were I was doing what our listeners were doing, and we drove around on a big bas and when we saw men on the street, we pulled and we pulled flash oamboos at them, the flash bars. Yeah, and it was we had the funnest day.
Speaker 3: It was. Remember people on bikes would.
Speaker 2: Sid and and then we do it. No, they were so shocked, they were so I forgot about them.
Speaker 3: On radio in the am. So it's like quarterbast day traffic there in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: It was born from the fact that I had been driving with my girlfriend up a main road and there was a celebrity in the car next to us, and I pulled up my top and flashed my boobs at him. And who was a celeb I can't say, I can't say. And and it was so liberating and fun that then other people called up, girls called up and went, oh, I'd do it, and they were telling stories about how they've done it. And then we all met in the kitchen at Nova had a big We had a big Everyone was a bit nervous, you know how we got over the nerves. We just flashed each other.
Speaker 3: Had a look.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had a look.
Speaker 3: It was Hughsy when you're doing this.
Speaker 2: Bar Where was he? Where was he? I think it would have been his favorite? Where was he? I know he's not allowed out of the studio, no, so was it just us in the kitchen?
Speaker 3: It seems fair enough.
Speaker 2: It was the greatest.
Speaker 3: That's fun.
Speaker 2: I would have forgotten about that, because just in.
Speaker 3: Case the bukeheads have forgotten, that's how we crossed paths. I started to do some work on your show. I was the guy that cut to when you did stunts, and he'd send me to people's houses and do sorts of all sorts of weird things. For some reason, I've never forgotten this one, and I don't know why. One morning, Husy wanted to be buried up into his neck the sand to see if seagulls would try and eat him or something. And so one morning we had to go and dig a hole and bury very hugey up to his neck, live on radio, with his headphone still on so we could talk, and then just like leave him there and then put chips all around him. We know what, put chips all around him? See where sea gulls would do?
Speaker 2: Do you know? Early on?
Speaker 3: I think that was fifteen years ago, I've never forgotten it.
Speaker 2: In our first year on air, and he was really annoying me and Sushuh okay, so we did a stunt where we took him to a park and set him on fire, and he did it. He did it, And at that point I was like, this guy and I knew what. We sort of knew him sort of well but not obvious as well as we know him. Now, We're like, this guy would do anything. He had a stunt suit on.
Speaker 3: Obviously we assumed that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but now, of course, and then imagine now trying to do it. Oh hat Jarrid, get him. I've still got photos of it.
Speaker 3: Glory days amazing, glory days of radio amazing.
Speaker 2: And these are the glory days of podcasting. Welcome to the back up. We should we've got a cracker.
Speaker 3: Do we?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: You're sor? I did this week?
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: I returned to threads the old Oh before No, I don't.
Speaker 2: I think they invented it.
Speaker 3: It came from nowhere?
Speaker 2: Was it for?
Speaker 3: Sorry? They were replacing Twitter?
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, when Twitter was Twitter.
Speaker 3: And everyone went off Twitter. I did leave Twitter? Did you leave Twitter?
Speaker 2: No? I love it, I love it.
Speaker 3: We'll get back on it is it still going? Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't I really don't know what it was, Like I missed the bird, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I changed it to it if you can still keep the bird and just call it.
Speaker 2: Out some people cook, I know, I don't know why. I bet I think you know.
Speaker 3: I'm sick of people saying what X formally twitter?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we know. And also just just call it twitter.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yeah, so I went back to threads or downloaded threads on Instagram. No, no, it's connected.
Speaker 2: It's all meta, yeah right, meta, it's that it's that cuck zuck.
Speaker 3: I don't like him.
Speaker 2: I don't like him like per, I don't like his perm. Don't don't start me on the perm. And also just that he's tried to reinvent himself with the change in the Garden America. I just don't like it at all.
Speaker 3: We're not all we don't do politics, and we don't do feel good and we don't do anything of that laying in this buck don't feel good as in so not feel good as in self improvement and all that. Okay, all right, I'd walk out, I'd unsubscribe, sure, but unfollowed. I you answered me this. Please, Kate Lanebrook, please asker me this. He's got all the money in the world. He's a multi multi billionaire. He can do whatever he wants at any moment in life.
Speaker 2: So yeah, basically, yeah, he's got a bunker.
Speaker 3: Okay, he's got a bunker.
Speaker 2: What does he know he's coming down the park.
Speaker 3: You know, he's got his chick beas in cans ready for the for the big end. He knows something's coming.
Speaker 2: Prepper, Oh my goodness, he's one of us. He's a doomsday I.
Speaker 3: Mean, if I was loaded, I'd be a prepper. Why not just back it up? Of course, get a little shed ready, Yeah, you know, a couple of belongings. Yeah. Yeah, Here's what I don't understand. If you're that loaded and you're that powerful, why be a bit mean? Why being a bit mean man?
Speaker 2: But you know why Valve's going on because they're not winning. They're not because there's something about you know, how money he's got. This money's got this strange power, right so that you know, if you've ever linked someone money, it's got some it's got some ability that after you've linked someone the money, it's no longer your money. So that then if that person doesn't pay back the money, you've got to chase them. They're resentful towards you and whatever. So money's got that some strange capability.
Speaker 3: Like when your mate still those you one hundred bucks for that wedding present that you bought for the crew, and then you see him on holiday in Bali.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but even if you have to say to them, then you're like, do I have to ask about it? Whatever? There's something about it, right, And there's something about the billionaires the world suddenly where they're a billionaires, where they're all as mean as cat shit, there's not any of them generous generam do what what Elvis Presley did. I don't even know if this is true, but where he was out one night, no doubt, having just eaten a peanut butter and possum sandwich, and he saw a couple looking in the window of a Cadillac dealership, the Cadillac like you never hear of them, these immense wealthy. All you hear about is bezos making his drive urinate into bottles and trying to replace Yeah, because they won't give them toilet breaks. In fact, riddle me this, okay, this is a dilemma. The other day, a delivery guy came to our house and if.
Speaker 3: It's a weir and you told him.
Speaker 2: Well, I said to Peter, well it was about that. I said to Peter, I should we ask him if he needs to go to the toilet? And Peter said no, And I said, but look, he's driving around or Daney's bringing us stuff, where does he go to the toilet? That's his problem. But you may sometimes say it's very unlike Peter al Lais, who is what I consider to be a soft touch, a soft touch when it comes to kindness, you know what I mean, we're so much less likely, Like nothing's disgusted me more than when there was that b Cane it's gangster movement, which I was just like, oh right, But he's a genuinely kind person. But he would not entertain the thought of letting a delivery person in the house systems.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's very hard to find a public toilet these days. We've discussed actually, speaking of people working during the day, Cody and I keep clocking and we do giggle between ourselves. People working during the day, So people working out about in cars and stuff.
Speaker 2: All right, because I'm going to say, you do know that's the normal.
Speaker 3: What people don't work an hour a week, like we're talking about. Every time we go down to the ovals in our area with the dog, we always catch around two three four pm time. We always catch men napping in cars and a lot of the time they're in high viz.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And Cody nailed it the other day. Cody's like, you know, they're finished for the day. Yeah, but they don't want.
Speaker 2: To go home. No, they don't want to go home.
Speaker 3: Here's the kids are coming home from school.
Speaker 2: It's school peak hair an hour and hasn't happened at the oval? Yeah. And also if they've knocked off at three o'clock, they've got up early. They've built the world in the world. Yeah, they need a little downtown.
Speaker 3: Little forty down at the park that or there haven't been us walking our dog. I don't know what walking dog.
Speaker 2: You really overestimate the attractiveness of your dog. And also you know how snobby you are the buck up all that your dog I'm going to snob. My dog's are snob identical? Where did she learn it from?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well maybe so I don't say to you about the time that she hung out with Besky my dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she said he's a bit much.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I knew that she'd said something because I have a puppy, give him some time. Well now he's no longer a puppy, so we'll hang out. But we still haven't seen.
Speaker 3: We'll hang out again, Derby.
Speaker 2: Derby, So I jump.
Speaker 3: I can't given zuck as the clicks?
Speaker 2: How do you when you get on download.
Speaker 3: It then you pass?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 3: Was just like face Ideally Instagram.
Speaker 2: Just like a normal people are just posting random thoughts or you have to join in a conversation random thoughts.
Speaker 3: I actually forgot. I did join and post the day it was made a couple of years ago, but I've never gone.
Speaker 2: Did it come up?
Speaker 3: I wasn't finding. I was like, it's terrible.
Speaker 2: Everyone's first post, first draft? Yeah, not everyone could be like Jennifer Aniston putting up her first ever Instagram posts.
Speaker 3: I heard Jennifer and the rumored this week and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, Obama, yeah is that true? Who knows? Going on Instagram post was a photo of her with the entire cast of friends, including.
Speaker 3: Rip Perry Perry so throats?
Speaker 2: Did do you think it's real?
Speaker 3: What him?
Speaker 2: Doubt dying Obama. Do you think, well, where was Michelle?
Speaker 3: She's been?
Speaker 2: She does, she hasn't gone to think she's been, am I A? He was? Really? A couple of weeks ago, they put up an anniversary photo whatever, or it was a birthday photo. Weird photo of them at this table but with empty plates in front of them, and he's holding her hand across the table. But then someone said, if I ever posted up a post a photo like this is my wife, she would kill me, right, And so I zoomed in on the photo. It's a really terrible, terrible photo. So I'm like, why would he do that?
Speaker 3: Look, I just love talking about celebrities that we don't know what.
Speaker 2: You cannot start that is, that is stuff.
Speaker 3: But if you out of your mouth, including the blue tongue drug you're on with melis old buddy. But that one is so funny. But it's correct funny.
Speaker 2: It's funny. It's so absurd.
Speaker 3: Do you know Joan Rivers called it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then we're dead a month later. But she was, you know, her daughter thinks that her daughter thinks they off to her.
Speaker 3: Shall o baba when she sees not a man that was.
Speaker 2: That's the opposite of what Joan Rivers see. So you know what I take from that that in a month's time you'll still be alive, but Joan Rivers will be rip.
Speaker 3: So I'm on threads and it's not great and people posting whatever, but they are doing this one thing to get me in where they just show you people that you don't follow that are posting interesting questions and heaps of people are replying to so you can kind of get kind of get sucked into it, you know. And I like this one a lot. It said this someone some random person who I don't know. I don't know why it's in my threads feed. Yeah, what are you convinced people are pretending to enjoy? How good is that question is?
Speaker 2: It's a really good question.
Speaker 3: Because I think several times a week of things and I'm like, yeah, I enjoying that.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Signs up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, becomes a social contract. Yeah, that's everyone to pretend, that's right. Performative stuff, formative joy, yeah, performative stuff like I used to go to the opera with my dad and I think that about the opera mostly like too long, too long. And also I'm like like you can't understand it. It's in another language.
Speaker 3: A Cody and I went to the opera. I they had digital subtitles. Oh, yes, beautiful. Yes, I enjoyed it a lot more.
Speaker 2: They called super They.
Speaker 3: Had him on a screen at the topic, very very huge, dramatic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's the crawl across the top of the screen. I love it. I love it, all right, that was fun. If you've said this to me Valo, the art is formally known as naith, then I know you have a list.
Speaker 3: I've only come up with one of myself, but I want to read you the ones I like. Other people wrote.
Speaker 2: All right, so it's things that you pretend that you're into but you don't really enjoy.
Speaker 3: No, it's not about you. It's what you think other people are pretending to enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Confused, Well, no, maybe it is.
Speaker 3: You're right now.
Speaker 2: I don't think I pretend to be into things that I don't. My husband, well, first one, someone wrote, doesn't count because I adore him.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 4: Tick.
Speaker 3: First person wrote that went off was barbs. Oh no having barbs, and a lot of people liked it. So one wrote, so and loo wral dirty water of your own making. Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's mean. It was that a man.
Speaker 3: I didn't look. I don't see gender.
Speaker 2: I can tell by the way you dress today.
Speaker 3: What color is this?
Speaker 2: Peuce? Is it? I would say, like I just coral or mushroom? No, not coral off pink. No, it's like mushroom. Okay, it's mushroom. And not only is it mushroom?
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: You know the woman Leon Gaffer who made the yep with the poisonous mushroom.
Speaker 3: That's what this color looks like.
Speaker 2: It's the color of mushrooms, poisonous mushroom.
Speaker 3: I went into the shop, but I said, you know those mushrooms that killed that lady's family. Do you have that in a jumper?
Speaker 2: And here we are.
Speaker 3: The next thing that went off. Someone wrote dogs. They are convinced people tend to enjoy dogs, And they wrote, do you really enjoy incessant barking and going outside every day to pick up a I thought that's.
Speaker 2: A good point. Okay, you know, the pooh doesn't worry me at all. Doesn't worry me because, of course you know my history.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of what.
Speaker 2: Colonic?
Speaker 3: Oh you love a colonial?
Speaker 2: It doesn't worry me. But even when I had children, it didn't worry me.
Speaker 3: Who never worried you?
Speaker 2: Never? It just doesn't worry me. I don't love it your way. You got into scatter, not scatter logical, not a scoop if you were daily mail. All right, But baths. I know I've heard men say that, and men in my experienced women don't like baths as much as women tend to like. Okay, if we can make that observation.
Speaker 3: But I would suggest that men don't like baths because they don't have anything to hide from in terms of doing all the housework like a woman does.
Speaker 2: So well, that's really taken us on that.
Speaker 3: That's a good one, isn't it. Maybe, But women don't like baths. They just like being in the room alone for an hour.
Speaker 2: No, No, we love a bath. Don't try to take that away from us.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I was trying to be an ally. Get shot down. Okay, I love women, and I love that you've got rights.
Speaker 2: Have you've been drinking color?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 3: Someone wrote I'm into this one. Someone is convinced people pretend to enjoy Stanley cups. Oh yeh, gigantic heavy cups.
Speaker 2: Also for people who were obsessed with hygiene, like World's greatest producer Sasha French. Remember last week she wanted to try my apple jelly.
Speaker 3: Because you had touched it with your fingers.
Speaker 2: Oh, because something she didn't like the jar. Yeah, I don't know where it jar as be uh huh. I haven't told her about when we went away for a weekend before Christmas and I'd forgot my toothbrush that I used her. She'll never know anyway, every time we've gone away, I borrowed your TOOTHBRP.
Speaker 3: I'm not weir with germs, but that makes me feel physically sick. Toothbrush swapping what was hot water?
Speaker 2: I would even I don't know where her mouth is being.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think we ever have ten years.
Speaker 2: Well, you know that this was a thing that really upset my daughter a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: But you used her toothbrush.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know that we all shared a toothbrush and she had to all shared. What I mean is no, there's plenty of toothbrushes household, No, but nobody knew whose toothbrush was whose. And so after a while, Peter and I just dropped any that pretense that we had to We just share a toothbrush in our shower. There's just one toothbrush now anyway, Oh what you I feel sick? Why because of the toothbrush? Was a toothbrush? Chat?
Speaker 3: Why did the toothbrush come of? Good?
Speaker 2: Stanley? Would Stanley cups? Because Stanley cup it's a filthy any reusable like we've got a straw in. It's got that weird mouth fee that you click up. It's hideous. Sometimes when people get their Stanley cups out and you're desperate, like when I'm at boot camp, sometimes you smell a whiff of mold from them. Stanley cups are gross. And I am taking the high moral ground on the Stanley cup, which I rarely get to do in conversation.
Speaker 3: Let's go quickly through the rest. There was having children, oysters match a tea, camping, New Year's Eve. Nightclubs. Oh, people pretend they like nightclubs. Nightclubs thumping, Yeah, I love a nightclub.
Speaker 2: Pins.
Speaker 3: What you're there for being a bridesmaid?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's it. You know what I'm going to put Hen's night hands nice?
Speaker 3: Does anyone enjoy them? Does anyone even say they enjoy them?
Speaker 2: That's why? And they go, oh my god, We're going to have a great time we're all going to put in for the hens.
Speaker 3: That's true. And you know I've told you I get gays get invited.
Speaker 2: To them, yeah, of course, and the dancing stuff, but.
Speaker 3: We also get invited to the bucks because the husband doesn't want to be Would you go to a come across as homophobics and getting invited to why would you go to margaritas and life art painting with the girls and the next day I'm paintborn.
Speaker 2: Have you ever gone to the strips?
Speaker 3: I've been to this. I went to a bus at the races once we had to go to the races. Oh that's double.
Speaker 2: It's just.
Speaker 3: As long as why.
Speaker 2: The boys the races? I do boys have cleaned up their act generally, miss You know why they have?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: Well, because in real life they've got pornography in every pocket there we go, so they no longer need. In fact, I wonder if the strips have dropped off, probably, and it's now just the province of bi keys.
Speaker 3: Like when Grinder came along the gay dating app, there was a genuine drop in gates gay class beats. Maybe I didn't go there, but gay club's got way less people coming and honestly a lot of them closed down, very.
Speaker 2: Sad because people didn't have to make an effort to go to the bar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, jump online, Yeah, nightclubs being a bridesmaid.
Speaker 2: Jazz music all right, permission to speak, so please do so. My husband, who is You know, a lot of people say I've got very colectic music taste, and then they say something like I like everybody from Mariah Carey to Celine Dion, right, they like look well because often when people say they've got very broad taste, they don't have broad tasted. But I'm going to say that my husband genuinely has very broad taste.
Speaker 3: Yes, in music, in music, huh.
Speaker 2: And so everything Like the other day, who was playing I can't remember, I'm going to say it was the thresh rash Medal. I don't know what it was. I don't know all those genres. But it was proper, loud, sepultur like that, right, except set to music. And but last year he went through a terrible phase where I just had to say, oh, darling, can we is that enough? Listening to the jazz jazz? And it was proper, But it was proper as you mentioned earlier, scatting and the reason it's called scatting is for good reason that terrible discordant jazz. Nobody likes jazz. They're the same people who've taught to You know, when you listen to music, it's natural to go like this, but you know jazz a Fishinado's have actually taught themselves to go like this, left and right. I listened to jazz. It's contrary to nature.
Speaker 3: Every time I think of jazz, I think of this. This YouTube clip that change the molecules of my friendship group that we watched every single day for many is So this is a real interview from years ago Kim Cotrell and her husband at the time he was it was he, I don't know. I waited for you to say it. And so they did this interview piece a musician or something maybe. And so in this interview from many years ago, Kim Cotrell is obviously trying to come across as all those words you used about people that listen to jazz.
Speaker 2: She's more than phisticated and yeah, and she's quite arti and yeah, yeah, she shakes her head from sight.
Speaker 3: They can even scat together in the lounder. So this is not parody what I'm about to play. Throw it on the instagra as well. This is not parody. And this is what I always think about now when I hear people.
Speaker 2: Mentioned chat, I read poetry and silence, and he plays the upright bass. Yeah, mckipierre, but window Latin quo usual sounds correct? Is that her is she's scattering with you bit all the heat dogs and twinked at all the sheet dogs the town.
Speaker 5: Never do such a hulla balloo as that little dog raised till the end.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, that's her husband on the double bass. We just have a good rhythm together. You know.
Speaker 1: He sort of feels me out, I feel him out, and we go for it.
Speaker 2: Oh my cess. Oh you know what makes me sad about that? Well, not only did she have to pretend to like jazz, but she sounded like she really was enjoying it. But then they broke up.
Speaker 3: Oh well that's terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because she's and.
Speaker 3: The shoot dogs down the heat dog great clipped.
Speaker 2: Oh so that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Here's my answer, just one answer. I can't Okay, what are you convinced people are pretending to enjoy? This is on behalf of every gay man on earth out apparol spirits. It's disgusting.
Speaker 2: Oh that's getting applause.
Speaker 3: No one enjoys apperol spruits. It tastes, it tastes like fuel. It's awful, worse. Negronies so bitter and not great, and it saves it a bit foul. Okay, okay, so Negroni's apperol spirits.
Speaker 2: All right, and apperol spirits.
Speaker 3: Can I say this, and please do?
Speaker 2: I know I'm going to sound like a terrible one car Here we go. But when you're in Italy and al makes perfect controls in the room, but it does for the first time in your life, it makes perfect sense. Like like beer, I would put beer on that list. Nobody likes beer except when you have a perfectly freezing, freezing cold beer on a very hot day and you've maybe done something physical. There we go and Italy, it's like that with appel split sprits.
Speaker 3: Let's get fucked by pretending.
Speaker 2: Hang and I want to tell you something. I think that people pretend pretend to like, please do it, and they couldn't possibly like it. Go sour dough bread. No, you don't. You're just pretending to like sour dough bread because I guarantee, excuse me, if we put you in a dark room. Yeah, brought you out here we go, and so you didn't feel there were eyes upon you. And I brought you out a beautiful crusty white vienna loaf but idlice, thickly with butter, and a loaf of sour dough bread where you pick it up and you can feel the weight of the peasants over the years, and it takes you back to that time in COVID when women making making their own sound starter from the vagina, yeast or whatever perversions that they were into.
Speaker 3: Remember, I do remember that there was some weird thing about say it again. You just sat in the back up.
Speaker 2: It feels her and she feels him anyway, know you were okay, the crusty white vienna long like okay, all right, good, I like an approle.
Speaker 3: Spirit spirts okay.
Speaker 2: When you say it.
Speaker 3: We played that on repeat for two years.
Speaker 2: But what did it do to your friendship group?
Speaker 3: Like changed us as people molecularly, like it changed us our DNA. Yeah, we last so much and for so long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was just it was did I tell you I seen Earl on a message saying can I find blue tick back?
Speaker 3: He never.
Speaker 2: Just like I don't want to pay him eight bucks a month. I read poetry and silence and he plays the upright bears.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mu's correct.
Speaker 2: Well amazing, She's actually great. But you know what else, she's even learnt the jargon. So we call that a double bass. She calls it because she's a Wayne cut a jazz Wayne an upright bass, calls it an upright bass.
Speaker 3: Is there any other way to play it?
Speaker 2: Well, it must be to distinguish it from the bass guitar the bass when people say so, she doesn't want to that one's on the She doesn't want to have to this conversation with me immortals where she goes, my boyfriend plays the bass.
Speaker 3: She's elevated, smarter than Yeah, yeah, she is smart. She's more than that plays.
Speaker 2: But she is smart because she wasn't involved with that travel Well.
Speaker 3: I didn't know about Kim Control until a couple of years ago. Is she's British and I never knew that. But the entire time she's doing an American accent. What she's doing an American accent on sex in the city.
Speaker 2: No, I think she's British since she left when she was British.
Speaker 3: In interviews, did you not hear the accent.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, she's British the way. Surely Madonna was British when she was married to Guy Ritchie in it.
Speaker 3: She's got a British accent in interviews. And there was a movie I watched when she's scatting with him, who no one does. It's the true uniform.
Speaker 2: Do it again?
Speaker 3: To be to baby? She dogs?
Speaker 2: Well he better he dogs and winked at all the town never build such a hulla balloo as that little dog raised till the end of the Oh, we just have a good rhythm together. I love it. I love it anyway, she didn't, is it true? Sash? Hang on, she's got something to She.
Speaker 3: Was born in Liverpool. She was born in Liverpool, and then I moved to Canada as a child.
Speaker 2: Thank you. So she's not English, all right? So next week, in next week's episode, we'll bring her talking in an accente. She is not entitled much as I will bring you on next week. Oh my goodness, we've forgotten about Elamia Baldwin. Oh my goodness, what Hillary Baldwin. Okay, so she's another one, you know, Alec Baldwin's wife. Yes, you know about all the scandal with her pretending that she's Spanish, but she's done something again recently. Original Okay, so the original. So you know, they came out and they had to rescind that she was Spanish, even though he has on the record he said it on talk shows. My wife is Spanish. They've given all the kids Spanish names. He claims her to be Spanish, and once famously on a cooking show, she forgot the word cucumber and I think she actually said, how do you say cucumber? Have a listen.
Speaker 3: We have Eladia Baldwin with us.
Speaker 4: He'll tell us.
Speaker 3: How are we going to prepare this?
Speaker 2: It's very healthy, it's very easy. Oh, you need to make sure that you have really good to meet us. We have very few ingredients.
Speaker 3: We have tomatos, we have meaning cucumber, cucumbers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how do you say in English? She was born I think in Massachusetts, raised in Massachusetts. Her name's Hillary Hillary. But she did something recently What did you do recently? Sash? That brought her to our attention again.
Speaker 3: It was a Christmas cooking video.
Speaker 2: Do you want to hear it on a Christmas cooking video? Okay, so that, but she they've been called out on it, and don't forget. In the meantime, Alec Baldwin shot someone. And even so those two who have got the thickest tides of anyone even thicker. I think the Meghan Markle and the Duke of Has anyway have a listen, He explained, what your I don't know what that one is, but I can tell that my potatoes, you have to not cut them to tiny because they're not going to have the right texture.
Speaker 4: And then my husband hates.
Speaker 2: I forgot it.
Speaker 3: So and so I groaned.
Speaker 2: She forgot onon onion my husband hates and she said to him, what do you call them? In Spanish?
Speaker 3: She said, there, she's still commit.
Speaker 2: Always years. I think she's my favorite person in the world.
Speaker 3: I love her.
Speaker 4: She's just.
Speaker 3: How do you say in the middle of the most perfect English ever heard?
Speaker 2: And also that we know she's an American. She lives in America.
Speaker 3: They've got cucumbers.
Speaker 2: She's never not lived in America. But onions, onions, how do you say? Has very good hair, by the way, very good hair. But the last couple of years have been rough on him, like and also because he lives with someone who's clinically insane and as men often do, lucky for us when they have a mad wife, men start off. And I love this about men covering for the madness of their wife.
Speaker 3: Love that, love it.
Speaker 2: But at some point the descent into Dante's version of hell becomes so deep that they themselves are mild in the misery of madness. That's where he is now, That's where Alec Baldwin.
Speaker 3: Why he's popping off the work shooting people, and that's why he.
Speaker 2: Don't like onions. This isn't going to be an occasional segment, and it's going to have this intro. Is this sennle or is this normal? No one knows? Is this senile or is this normal when my mother visits? No one knows?
Speaker 3: All right, very long intro, very long.
Speaker 2: I had to do it because it's a difficult song to sing of it.
Speaker 3: Hallo Hello.
Speaker 2: And he beat the boy dogs dogs and the dogs and the she dog, the heat dogs and the she dogs. He bit the heat dogs.
Speaker 3: What did you do the she dogs in jars?
Speaker 2: He did something to the she dogs. Anyway, So my mum was over the other night for dinner, and really, you know, since the end of last year, like it's been slim pickens for her because we were away on holidays, you know, the kids have all been away, and so she hasn't got the you know what she needs. Yeah, she hasn't got the hit and the currency to take back to her friends to say what her family's doing for because that's the currency of the aged very often, right, which is why it's nice to do nice things for them if you can bear it.
Speaker 5: Boy, swings are there anyway, We had an actual delightful night lovely, and so she came over and it was just Artie and Sunday and me and her at home.
Speaker 2: Everyone else was scattered. To the seven wins anyway? Are they seven wins seven seas? Anyway?
Speaker 3: So and wins of the seven seas?
Speaker 2: It is that what it is. I wouldn't take in this instance. I would not. I say, know then you mad? Is it? And they're like grumble anyway, However many wins there are sees go on anyway. And so when we were sitting we were talking at at dinner about Lewis, my eldest son, and his girlfriend Gypsy who's Kate Sabrano's daughter, and the kids. One we were talking about because Gypsy had gone away. She'd gone to the US with her parents. Lewis was away without her for two weeks and Da da day. Anyway, then something came up about Sunday said, And Sunday, we call her the town cry because she's always like he. She loves like a village life. She likes the small, she likes those moments. When I came home, she was having cup of tea with Mum, and and she loves a bit of family.
Speaker 3: God, I didn't know what you were going to say when you said we call her the village where's it? But I'm happy we're anywhere we are.
Speaker 2: So Sunday said, how did they meet? Mum? So I was telling her the story of how Lewis and Gypsy met, which is a sort of a you know, just a strange story. It was through a girlfriend of mine who'd done a photo shoot with Kate, and she came home. She was staying at my place. She lives in Wa and she was showing me the photo she'd taken of Kate, which was stunning. And then she said, by the way, Gypsy likes Lewis. And I was like, does she know Lewis? And she said no, but she's seen him, must have been on my Insta or whatever, and thinks he'd be nice interesting anyway, So the kids started doing this thing. Sunday and Artie started doing this really cute thing together where they started telling the story of Lewis and Gypsy getting together, but they were actually telling fairy tales. But I prov in prov at the table, because see, Mum was so confused by that. And so Sunday, what was your mother at the moment. I don't worry. She's old. She's old. You you wouldn't eat her if she was a cheese. That's old. That's old, but you drink her if she was wine. All right. Anyway, So Sunday started it and she was going, oh, no, I know how they really met. She goes, Gypsy was living in a really tall tower and she had nothing to do all day, so she just grew her hair and grew her hair and grew her hair. And then Artie said yeah, And then Lewis came walking along and he looked up and he waved at her and he said, oh, I'd like to meet you, come on down and and and Sunday's like, Gypsy said, there's no way I can get down there. It's two highs stuck in this tower. And then Lewis said, why don't you let your hair down? So she let her hair down, right, And then they Artie was doing one about they lived in two separate houses, and the two fams families had a vow that they'd never talked to each other. They were feuding these families, and Gypsy came from one family and they got together romantic. They had to hide from the parents anyway, And so I said to mom, oh, the kids are telling fairy tales as as the story of Lewis and Gypsy Meebe. And Mom said, I.
Speaker 3: Never knew Gypsy had long hair.
Speaker 2: Lateral, Okay, I never knew Gypsy had long hair.
Speaker 3: Thought it was true. I'm just, I'm just they redo the title.
Speaker 2: Is it center or is it normal? With my mother? No one knows. But she then proceeded to tell us to do spoonerisms about Cinderella, which is spoonerism is when you take two of the letters, you take the letters from the wordsite. So she was doing Cinderella and the Handsome Prince, and it was rinder cellar and the pransome hints right, And then.
Speaker 4: She rattled off this hole, this whole story, and it was so funny. I'm like, I think she is with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's totally with it, but she's bad. But she just that Gypsy had long hair that would reach from the top of her tower down to the ground.
Speaker 3: A tower. One of my favorite things to do on the back up is to bring you cookers of the world.
Speaker 2: Oh, we scour the world to bring you, Okay, my favorites because I am cooker with the queen cooker. I'm not the queen. You're the queen. Oh, I'm not the queen. Come on, I told you about a neighbor over Christmas, but no one was boiling the vinegar to make the kemp trails go. They think she's the queen because I was just like, I just have accepted that I'll be breathing in the chem trails.
Speaker 3: So I'm actually don't think I'm going to explain it. I just think I want you to listen to this man talk and his belief Who is he and theory? Who knows? And who cares? When these people appear on your timeline, you just I just watched its back. By the way, who's back.
Speaker 2: Pete Evans?
Speaker 3: Is he back?
Speaker 2: He's bad.
Speaker 3: What's on?
Speaker 2: He posted something the other day and a girlfriend of mine, thank goodness, he's back. He was cooking something with minimal sugar, which is a cooker cooker jam. There was something just think it did have apples in it.
Speaker 3: So this man is talking about what he thinks is happening with your house plants, my house, everyone's house plants.
Speaker 2: Oh, have a listen, okay.
Speaker 6: House plants are capable of sensing telepathic communication and participating in telepathic communication. It's been shown that if you have house plants that have been in your life for even a few months, if you put egs on those and then you send the person takes care of those out of the house, send them some distance away. The moment they come within two thousand meters or two kilometers from the home, the plants all perk up. They can feel the person coming from two kilometers away. And so if plants are that sentient, that they are that connected, even in a pot in your house, totally disconnected seemingly from nature, if that thing is feeling two kilometers of space and then waiting for the excitement of being like the person who loves me, the person who planted me, was coming back phenomenal, like.
Speaker 2: Who the hang on a minute. I think someone has been enjoying the pot in his house, but that is also okay. I don't want to throw another cooker under the bus, but I will the diesel fueled bus. However, a lot of what you do in your neighborhood involves you being only a couple of kilometers away. Of course, the plants all excited things that you're coming constantly, He's coming home.
Speaker 3: Ready for me.
Speaker 2: Who was he talking to? That just went uh huh.
Speaker 3: You never know with these cookers, you never know who. It's probably a wall. He's probably just set up a camera and a podcast studio. But I'm sorry, I am open, okay to something you're not.
Speaker 2: You're cyres or you're totally closing.
Speaker 3: Two kilometers away driving my car. My plants aren't perking.
Speaker 2: No, they're not perking. Now I'm going here, he comes here, he comes. Because also that wouldn't explain what why when you come home from holidays, your plants are all dead. If my plants were anything, yes, feed me, water me, but also I'm still here. I would be dead while you're away, and then when you come in, they'll be like boy, like, when you finally wet basil in a pot, put a little plastic bag over it and put it in the fridge, it will spuck up.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, my plant is not what you do.
Speaker 2: You scent it. But he said, in a strange way, sentience.
Speaker 3: You can't pop on down of Bunnings against sentient beings for eight bucks, and I.
Speaker 2: Don't think so.
Speaker 3: Come on, I'll we finally agreed on a cooker and I.
Speaker 2: Was sort of I would like, you know what, I would like to do a test on that. I'd like, what did he say?
Speaker 3: You hook up? What?
Speaker 2: Oh? Your voice is going It's a microphone. It's like electric car.
Speaker 3: You can test your energy of your plants.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know what, if that were true, that's a really kind of vegetarian.
Speaker 2: Take that vegio Oh my good animals eating your family who are excited to see it and holding knife your microhoves and they're like, here she comes.
Speaker 4: We love her so much.
Speaker 2: The worst people in the world.
Speaker 3: And if my plants are love it anyone, it's my husband. Last year I discovered that four of the plants in our house.
Speaker 2: How many plants are there in your house?
Speaker 3: Because you're gonna know why in a sex there's probably like six or seven really pretty big too. I only learned last year that they weren't fake because Cody looks.
Speaker 2: After them so well, and just like they were plastic.
Speaker 3: I thought that he keeps him in such good nick but I just does he He does it in the morning, I think, when I'm not up. So I just thought these plants were plastic. And then one day I saw him watering them with his water bottle, and I was like, what are you doing watering our plans? Our plans are across all right?
Speaker 2: Can you ask him? I need help with some palms? Okay, because you know what you know there there's no such thing as an indoor plant. There's only a plant that will tolerate indoor conditions.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, sorry, yeah, all right, it doesn't make sense for something to be an indoor plant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, there's no such thing. But my we've got terrible trouble with our palms inside inside. Once the trouble starts inside, even when you put them outside, they're still troubled.
Speaker 3: You know what annoys me about plants? Some of them can have too much sunlight.
Speaker 2: Oh it's too much or too much water yeah, no, I just shut up. But some of them are like you. They like the shade. I don't tell you to grow up.
Speaker 3: I used to try and do plants in my early years and they'd be like, no, you got too much silence dead. That's the stupidest thing you can say to a plant. Too much sun.
Speaker 2: Plants like a person. The sun's plants were so happy when you were coming home. They were so happy.
Speaker 3: The sun goes down. They're not getting at twenty four seven. What do you mean too much sun? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I know, but they do get sun burnt, some of them.
Speaker 3: Son goes down. I'm sorry, but if you're a plant, I'm not on board with that. You're not on board and you can't handle the sun. You shouldn't be a plant.
Speaker 2: What should you be.
Speaker 3: In the soil? Should have stayed a seed? AnyWho?
Speaker 2: Do you want a little text from mum? It's a really strange one. Okay, it's so strange from as we'd expect from a text from mum. Uh. This is sent to us by Annie.
Speaker 3: Hello Annie, and it's her mum. Buckhead. Annie did ask us to change her name. No, okay, but as again Buckheads, we will if you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we will we will.
Speaker 3: So this is in a series of they always are Yeah, yeah, it's never just one.
Speaker 2: Hey, miss Annie, do we still have the Koran anywhere? Next message, I think I'm going to start collecting Bibles. Do you know Joseph Smith was originally a Shaker? And then this that religion is super cool, way before it's time with everybody was equal and they believed in feminism. I think I need to go to Maine in America. And then Annie said, do you mean Quaker?
Speaker 3: It's a text from She's doing some reading that much.
Speaker 2: She really is collecting Bible of the Faith.
Speaker 3: Section's gone everywhere for tech message.
Speaker 2: Joseph Smith was originally a Shaker? Oh and Aker?
Speaker 3: Yes, he was sure. He was a mover and got on bloody bucked Kate, I'm so back. Thanks for my buck.
Speaker 2: Thanks everybody, don't forget to tell your friends.
Speaker 3: Listen, we love you, love you have a balloo hallo balloe.
Speaker 2: You j The Buckup podcast is hosted by me, Kate Lanbrook and him Nath Valvo. It's produced by the brilliant Sasha French, Audio and sound by the magnificent Yack Lawrence you might call him Jack, and Dom Evans oh, we're lucky.