Speaker 1: Flex and Friends.
Speaker 2: Kita, welcome to the podcast, and it's through me here and I just want to start off the top with a bit of a disclaimer. Oh, whenever people give disclaimers, you know it's bad.
Speaker 3: Just leave it.
Speaker 2: At this point, it suggests something bad has been done and that I am morally reprehensive. Is that the right word? Yeah? Yeah, I'm going to be talking about an experience that I had on a flight from Sydney to Bali and I made some decisions that I'm not so proud of right now. I had some Karen Esque behaviors come out. I don't think it's Karen ESK.
Speaker 3: I think it's just Karen okay, Because if we remove your beautiful likeness out of the picture and replace you in that story with a generic Karen ESQ woman, we would just say this is Karen behavior.
Speaker 2: But you could also take it from the point of view of like I'm reclaiming space. We could, but we won't.
Speaker 3: And in this instance, I think where you went wrong was your approach. Your approach sucked, because if you were at the receiving end of your.
Speaker 2: Approach, you're like, what the fuck is this? And I think you can't Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, what, like, we're on a budget airline. What do you mean rest is yours?
Speaker 2: Anyway? Sorry? I promise everyone that I'm a good person. Yeah, definitely, But I thought you're gonna put me up on that. That was again, I was like.
Speaker 3: You're a good person. I'm not you are you See? The trap is I'm not a good person, so you can't hold me accountable for anything. Demon you, on the other hand, very very import taste.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope everybody enjoys your story because it's never gonna happen again. It mightn't. Sorry, she's sorry she got caught. It's true.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms.
Speaker 2: I know that you love certain things in life. I love so many things, at least the things that you put online that you love, because I'm sure there's things that you love that you don't put on LiLine, cause I think it's important to have things that are sacred. Yes, I love sacred things. But you love Twilight. I do you are Edward Culin fan? Yes, first wife, first wife. Yeah. I feel like you were definitely part of his regeneration in absolutely the twenties. We are in the twenties now. I decided to start watching it I watched the first one about a week ago. Then I watched number two and three yesterday amazing vegetating on the couch all day long in quick succession. Thank you for your dedication. Yeah, it's mysterious. It's I feel like I can smell it. I can smell the smell of like the woods when I'm want like a cool tone filter.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it makes me feel it's just Twilight, you know, when you play it and then it's done. Pretty much it goes And by the time we got to the third movie, I had thoughts about Jacob okay, good, yeah, so in the first so exciting. Thank you so much for this. Watch the first movie, and Jacob was an absolute sweetie. Couldn't say a bad word about him, like little you know people please are cutie. His dad seemed cute. I was like, he's a great alternative to Edward. We get to movie two, Jacob is keen on Bella. They're going to the movies with that other guy that's keen on Bella. It's a vibe. They're holding hands. But I could always tell that he liked her a little bit more than she liked him, because obviously Edward's in the picture, we get to movie three, dunt dun, dumb, and just for context in terms of culturally, this movie came out in twenty twelve. I was like fading in and out of consciousness because like, one Twilight in a day is too much for me. But we're halfway through and they're like Edward, Bella and Jacob are in this tent like running away from somewhere, and like the boys like Jacob's top LUs because he's a wolf, and he's like keeping her warm and there she's asleep and they having this conversation and we're like, she's my girl, No, she's mine. And then later on or earlier on, he tries to kiss her and like really gets up in her face and she punches him. It was like I couldn't believe that this behavior was on the screen. If you saw a skit about like a dickhead guy, it would be every single thing that he did, like in movie two onwards.
Speaker 3: But also you're an adult now, Oh there's also that. So when we're sixteen and watching Twilight and Bella is sixteen and she's got these two guys, and ones like you know, tall and handsome and the other one's really sweet, and kind, and they both like her, and you're a real teenager and no one likes you, and you're like, this is so cool, and you get to read it from her perspective, so you can insert yourself.
Speaker 2: That's the vibe. If you were to go.
Speaker 3: Through the whole Twilight series of The Fine Tooth Comb, you wouldn't even have to dig for the nonsense, like the fact that there's one hundred year old guy is picking this six year old girl. Weird, so much coded language around, like this pure white vampire, these animalistic Native Americans, and it's.
Speaker 2: All very coded and very ridiculous.
Speaker 3: But the point is it's a kid's movie to be viewed from a kid's lens. As soon as you try and like almost make it a mature piece of film.
Speaker 2: It very easily does not hold up. That's where I was, so I haven't made the sanction. I think maybe because I didn't watch her when I was a teenager, So I'm thinking this is high art. Yes, it deserves to be critiqued anyway. Basically, what I wanted to do with this segment is ask you Edward Jacob.
Speaker 3: It's team Edward always, but I have to go on record and say that Jacob is the right man for Bella, the wrong man because she doesn't want him. But in terms of lifestyles, in terms of interests, they align much better. Edward is such a rogue choice and he doesn't even like Bella. The only reason why he is onto Bella hand on heart because you can't read her mind. So he's like, oh my god, she's an enigma. She's so different. Everybody else is so boring to me because I can see where I through them.
Speaker 2: What is that? Wow?
Speaker 3: Owner shit, you don't even like her anyway, Let me go that I'm gonna get heated, and I can't do this right now. It's just not a good time for me.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms on Kita.
Speaker 2: I went to Bali last week. If you are a regular listener to the show, which I'm sure you are, you would have heard me talk about Bali constantly, talk about the time I drowned, talk about the time that my sister was dragged along the seafloor as if she was driving a car. It's beautiful imagery. So many different things happened. But of course I had the plane ride over. Now, this is something that a lot of people don't consider if you are a flyer, you don't know what it's like to fly alone. So when I fly ninety percent of the time I'm flying solo. I think if for someone who's going on a holiday, you're not traveling for business, you're traveling with somebody else. Oh yeah, I guess so yeah, and so you are not privy to the great injustices that bequeath a woman. When you're traveling alone, you have to get there alone, cost a lot of money, You have to check in alone, don't have anyone to talk to while you're waiting in line, can't really plan on your phone in customs, etc. But then the worst thing happens, and that's when you sit down in your chair and they've sat you in b Okay, well that's a rookie era. Don't do that.
Speaker 3: Don't blame an airline for your inability to plan. It's the same thing every time you book a plane ticket. Pick a seat.
Speaker 2: Simple.
Speaker 3: If for some reason you want to rush that process, not log back in and click manage booking, then pick seat.
Speaker 2: That's on you. You deserve the bee.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This trip was the trip to Bali, six and a half hours or so from Sydney, midday, so you're flimbing at least not budget, right, I was flyimbing budget? Okay, cost, I'm flying budget. What do you think this is. I'm just saying, it's every day girl boss with you.
Speaker 3: I hope that a few of those zeros have a masked so you don't have to fly budget budgets.
Speaker 2: That's okay? EO. Yes. So I'm sat in the middle between a man and a woman, and I personally fly a fair amount, usually domestic, and if I'm sat in the middle by for some God's saken reason, I'm taking both armrests. Very bold. All I want to do is just continue telling everybody who's going to listen to me that if you're sitting in the middle, it is your right to have both arm rests. And I did something really upset. I did something quite bold and audacious on that flight. And as I said, I'm a fucking stickler for getting both armrests, so much so that I spent the entire six and a half hour. True, you forget that you're a public figure.
Speaker 3: You just can't be going on budget airlines demanding arm rests. It's very unbecomess of you, unbequeathed I've beqreathed.
Speaker 2: I'm sitting there and I'm for the six and a half our flight. I'm not moving. I'm like this. I didn't move my arms. I literally didn't move arms. This is Karen behavior, you do realize from my bag, I'm leaning forward.
Speaker 3: What is wrong with you? What do you want so badly with these arm rests? They're not even comfortable.
Speaker 2: Because I hate the idea of people encroaching on my space as you're encroaching on theirs. Well, no, because they're my arm rest and I hate to admit this, but I just have to. I asked him to move. I said, I'm sorry, excuse me, Do you mind just moving because like, I don't have much room? What because I had my thing and I move it and then his arms like that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're meant to realistically share it. There is two armrests between three people you have to share.
Speaker 2: No, because they already have one that they don't have to share. If I share both of mine, I get none. Think about that. Yeah, but that's the way you're receiving it.
Speaker 3: You're thinking either I get it all or I get none of it.
Speaker 2: That's my approach to life. I can't tell you. This is like you when you told us the other day that you're in the movie theater. Yes, you had to leave because you needed to have lip balm here, so you miss a quarter of the movie.
Speaker 3: In that saying, I could, I could tell you that that was unreasonable, but I was like, I wanted my lips to be moisturized. I wasn't infringing on someone else's comforts, so I could have moisturized lips. In this instance, you are flying budget. When you're flying budget, this is not about I'm entitled too and it's mine. You're all paying the exact same price. How you divvy it up is dependent on the people around you. If he had said to you, no, I'm.
Speaker 2: Good, what were we gonna do? Then I kind of actually probably would have respected it, but I had to speak my truth.
Speaker 3: The reason why we speak about plane etiquette so often is, like you said, people don't fly often enough to quote unquote know better. But the knowing better is the habits you build from flying so often and feeling as though the more I fly, the more I understand. Therefore the more I'm entitled to, which is not true because it's a clean slate every time unless your perks change, So yeah, you wouldn't have to worry about the arm rest if you're in business, if you're in premium economy, even if you've just chosen your seat, you're making these poor people accountable for your negligence.
Speaker 2: It was a bit negligence, and after I said it, I had that white hot feeling of yeah, this is a mistake. You know it's not. And you do that quite a bit.
Speaker 3: You do these rogues things like wait, can we cut that?
Speaker 2: You can't put that on social And I get it.
Speaker 3: I totally think that in the grand scheme of things, if you have the middle like, you should be able to claim the arm rests when you want to. But I also feel like it is not worth like your own discomfort to do so your back, you.
Speaker 2: Got your shoulders clench, elbows clench.
Speaker 1: What is that about?
Speaker 3: That's all sexy? Literally it's not hot. And back to my original point. You walk around as if you don't have a profile that someone can come and circumvent and find you at you gotta worry about harm reduction.
Speaker 2: See, but what you don't realize is, regardless of any kind of profile, I have always been entitled same same. Don't let go. You're making decisions out of scarcity. If I don't have both these arm rests, then I don't have any What is that? That's scarcy thinking there's enough armrest to go around. It's always you're a bit sweet to share. I don't know. I wasn't barbing.
Speaker 3: If for some reason, I'm in one of those three seaters, I do the nighborly thing, like if I move so someone can get their seat belt, I double check if they need to go to the bathroom a lot so we can swap seats. If I'm getting up, I'm like, do you need me to get your bag for you? You gotta do the thing.
Speaker 2: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 3: And it always circles back. People are so good to be on planes. Like whenever I'm sleeping, because I go on a plane, I fall asleep, I always get someone next He's like.
Speaker 2: I saved you some food. Oh my god. Okay, maybe I need to change my approach. Yeah, well, okay, consider this like you know when you hit rock bottom and then like I gotta change. I think I hit my rock bottom. I gotta change positive, positive motivations only for change. I'm going to try that next time. That froom's Reddit throat. There is a listening of shit that I've done and they will come out one day and I'm just gonna have to wear it picking fights with people on Chapel Straight. When I made my first viral video, a chick commented saying, isn't this the chick We've gotten a punch on at Chapel Straight? That was me? Yep, what happened wasn't a punch on, per se what was like? I'm never in the wrong. Never when it comes to like going out doing something, I control myself very well. But if someone's not controlling themselves to me, towards you, or just in your orbit, I'm not going to get into it because it's going to encourage people to share times when I've done unsay things on a night out wow that have resulted in abusive situations. I'm on the receiving end of the abuse. Anyway. This has been very recuminating. It's never my fault. I'm always a victim. I'd never want to se in the middle. And if I don't want to take your home.
Speaker 1: Rest fle.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen worn or bought pheromone perfume?
Speaker 2: No? But I know about it, but no, would you buy some in my threads it hasn't worked. And also I don't want to say so you haven't bought any, but in your experience, well, I've tried it on. I think it's I think it's a g up. I don't think it works. Pheromones are natural. I don't want any unnatural intervention make me smell like a tuberos and then be gone.
Speaker 3: They say that pheromone perfume is made from steroids that come from sweat glands, and I was like, okay, so how are we almost farming pheromones and people? Where in what facility is this happening? It doesn't feel above board to me, because in what world are you getting a bunch of people in a room and saying I'm going to soak up your scent? How are you extracting it? Come to find out, it's not even coming from humans, the pheromone perfume. It's not even human pheromones.
Speaker 2: Listen to this.
Speaker 3: It's a compound made of synthetic animal musk and chemicals that stimulate the nose, and it's designed to make you smell sexier to others. But it's even unclear if humans can detect pheromones. So what is it marketing?
Speaker 2: It's marketing. I hate it and ill I imagine buying it because you want to be sexier. Everyone scary. This is my pay for its secrets. Yeah, I'm not about that life. Anything that has chemicals in a way that's not making me smell like swea something sweet yack. I don't want you to like change my biochemistry.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's doing that. I think that's the mark. That's what the marketing makes us feel it's doing. But realistically it's synthetic. It's synthetic animal musky something something.
Speaker 2: It sounds like when McDonald's has the big fat in the ice cream machine? Do they? That's that's the myth. So it's me, but it's persisted for many many years in generation an old wives tale. Not about that life. Maybe we need to buy some and numb try it out because you always smell good, thank you. I don't think i've smelled you before. Cool.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Flex and Frooms on kit.
Speaker 3: Let's talk Tesla elon musk yeah or nae boppa flop nay controversial and I.
Speaker 2: Feel like I have high elon musk literacy. You know, like I know about him, and I nay used to be Yeah anyway.
Speaker 3: Ooh eons has made some very controversial, very stifling remarks about work from home culture. As we know, given the Great twenty twenty two, we spent many a month working from home and proved to a lot of employers that it can be done, and it can be done well. Really isn't necessary for a lot of people to go into a physical workspace through their best work, and now that people have had a real taste of work life balance in terms of waking up every day and choosing to prioritize your day and the weight it works best for you and your employer, and doing a job well, people should be giving that freedom and that luxury. It doesn't work for every single industry, but I think it works for more than we give ourselves credit. For a couple of days ago, Elon Musk made a statement ordering staff to return to the office effective immediately, full time, and he's declared that working from home is no longer susceptible now. The thing is, Elon Musk has made a lot of trends start in terms of like startup culture, mean culture, social media culture. I wouldn't say he's the leader in what happens in our work lives day to day. But a lot of things, he says, do get taken into considerations. When this big dog tech mogul says we're not doing work from home, people listen.
Speaker 2: There is pricker. Listen to this. He says.
Speaker 3: People who are unwilling to abide by the new rules can pretend to work somewhere else.
Speaker 2: I can't. A joker.
Speaker 3: He says, everyone at Tesla is required to spend a minimum of forty hours in the office per week.
Speaker 2: Isn't that how much paper works? Yeah, that's the gag.
Speaker 3: Okay, And he said, if you don't show up, we will assume you've resigned. So this is like heavy hitting stuff. This is not hey everyone, it's you know time, So back to normal. Let's get back in the office. He's like, if you don't come in, your fired, babe, Like you are done for And people are of two minds. Half of the community is saying that he has just given other tech startups the golden ticket to poach really amazing talent who want freedom right, who want the option to work from home, work from an office, and other companies will offer the exact same amount and give people freedom right. On the other hand, others are saying that perhaps a lot of us young people millennials have gotten too comfortable with the idea that we should have any type of agency when it comes to work, and if someone's paying us a certain fee to do a job, we should do it as they're telling.
Speaker 2: Us to do it.
Speaker 3: Both schools of thoughts make a lot of sense, but I will say it's very interesting for someone in Elon Musk's position, someone who's been toatter as being at the forefront of you know, progressive change in you know careers, No, when it comes to career, to be like, no, we're not doing that. We're not doing any of that. Stop with that snowflake stuff. Get to the office. We talk about contrarians a lot. That is what Elon Musk is. Yeah, this is part of the email that he wrote, which is so hectic. He says, Tesla, what we are asking for is less than what we ask of factory workers. If there are particularly exceptional contributors for whom this is impossible, our review and approve those exceptions directly. Moreover, the office must be a main TESLA office, not a remote branch unrelated to the job duties. For example, being responsible for three month factory human relations but having an office in another state. Thanks, Elon. This is hectic, and I wonder if other corporations will follow suit and be like, wait a second for a second, there, you guys are about to unionize.
Speaker 2: You guys are about to have one up on us.
Speaker 3: Now Elon's saying, we don't have to listen to you come back to the office.
Speaker 2: God, I don't know how I feel that work from home versus not work from home. Tell me if I think about them from negative perspectives, working from home you can end up doing a lot more work because there's no kind of like separation. Yes, and it can feel like, oh, I'm not doing that. I'm like, I'm not even working that much. But you don't get the breaks of like talking to your colleagues and like fire, the blood breaks. During my time as an employee various businesses, that was my role office joke stuff, and it's a very hard one and everyone can do it. Yeah, I agree, get your work done, piece everyone else off. Yeah, make them distracted. Whereas, on the other hand, if you work in an office that is open plan surveillance, this is your biggest issue with the whole surveillance. They're watching you, they're putting pressure on you. But then the third thing, which I think not many people are aware of, don't dunt dun is surveillance on your work laptops. You don't like that it is happening. They are looking at your key strokes. Do you think they are? Yeah, they're doing it. Yeah. Wow, that's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms.
Speaker 3: Over the last two maybe three months, we've discussed a ton of ways that people have gotten rich the unconventional way. We're talking selling bathwater, selling jarred fart, and somebody has struck again missus fart jar seller Stephanie Meadow from ninety Day Fiance has discovered a way to bottle up her boob sweat and she's selling it for five hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: I hate all of these. I love all of these. I don't like thinking about them makes me feel bad and sick. Huh, I hate it? Which bit ew? What are they doing with it?
Speaker 3: Says the girl who farted into a microphone in a room with no windows. You are on your high horse about selling boob sweat tears.
Speaker 2: It's the minute that it gets sinister. I'm happy for my sister. This is hot and casual. Like if I farted into the microphone and you.
Speaker 3: Plan that, You said, should I find into the microsft please don't say I think I'm gonna please know, And then you stood up, you turned around, you bent forward so your sphinx was right at the microphone, and you said, I don't think it's coming out. I don't think it's coming out. And then when I thought you were just taking a bit too far, you farted. It's disgusting anyway. So Stephaniemadow is honestly just someone who's so diligent and committed to making a bag. Because remember when she was selling her farts in a jar, she actually got hospitalized because she was taking stuff to like disrupt her tummy to hopefully get more farts going. It's incredible, So shout out to her. We love fellow women in business, we love fellow entrepreneurs and whatever it takes. While Elon Musk is saying that people have to commit to forty hours minimum in the office, this person is making their own bag by leveraging their own labor. Our socialist queen.
Speaker 2: Elon Musk could never couldn't never stick around because up next, we're going to be talking about planes. It's the age old chat about planes and etiquette. Jerry Seinfeld did it. He did bits about it thirty years ago.
Speaker 3: So what you're saying is your ideas are outdated, old hat hack.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Rooms catch up podcast. For more, tune Inticata on DAB, or check it out right here on iHeartRadio