Speaker 1: It's a Christian Colors show.
Speaker 2: Now, this is how we normally begin a show.
Speaker 3: But today isn't a normal show because of the extraordinary news, which I think surprised everyone. I think we just thought the lateness of Dan Andrews press conference just meant more bad news or more delayed, another cautious pause.
Speaker 2: But the news that we are.
Speaker 3: Coming out of it and that midnight tonight are really out of it. We are a free give us our freedom, Melbourne. This is a It's amazing, isn't yesterday? It was just today. I don't think I've ever felt so connected to everyone celebrating joyous good news at the same time.
Speaker 4: Yep, it was everywhere. It was in the air yesterday afternoon. Wasn't it like firing off on social media? On everybody's group text. My wife was talking to her friends. I was talking to my friends. It was just everywhere. Everybody the city felt good yesterday.
Speaker 3: And is there that six million people all happy about one thing? That even Richmond winning the flag at the weekend, there's still be a lot of people like hate Richmond. They've won three in the last four years. There are still going to be woras everyone Yesterday, all of us were all celebrating this amazing news because all of us have had to go through the last what four or five six months of utter hell for some people, a really really tough head as well. But yesterday was just we've lived through history. We've actually lived through history. It's been an extraordinary year. But yesterday afternoon I think kind of took us all by surprise because I think everyone just thought it would be more news about the testing in the northern suburbs. So when Dan came out very late yesterday the afternoon and then announced that we were out of this and very very soon, and then suddenly everyone was talking about get on the beers. Ye. Dan Andrew's main message seems to be no, I'm gasha not the beer isn't enough for me.
Speaker 2: I'm going top shelf.
Speaker 4: Again for a week.
Speaker 2: And then Brett Sutton came out.
Speaker 3: His main message was science, science, science, Get on the beers. Then some guy came out from a university who crunches all the numbers, and his was numbers, numbers, data, Get on the beers. This year we've been told to follow the science. The site says get on the beers. Did anyone, did anyone have a freedom and drink last night.
Speaker 2: I had a beer last night.
Speaker 5: Oh okayd it was the best beer you've tasted in Agent joined it.
Speaker 3: I stood out of my deck and I raised it up to the skies like I thought.
Speaker 2: Everyone in Melbury had been doing it.
Speaker 3: I thought, is there everyone doing it? It is at Monday night, still going a week to get through anyway, so a very very different show for us today. We worked out yesterday. It's something like one hundred and nineteen days in the second lockdown, which has been the hardest, hardest lockdown in it.
Speaker 2: I do appreciate as well.
Speaker 3: As much as we are so happy today, there are a lot of people that are going to take a lot of time and support to get back on their feet over the next couple of weeks and the next couple of months. Melbourne needs to be turned back on, to be rebooted. There's any way that we can help do that to any small or medium business, to let people that know that you back open for business.
Speaker 2: Please let us know this morning.
Speaker 3: But the big thing we're going to do today then even if this is still going on at nine o'clock, are stale now until it's done. One hundred and nineteen days in lockdown for our second lockdown is extraordinary. We today are trying to try and find one hundred and nineteen reasons why Melbourne is awesome.
Speaker 2: One hundred and nineteen reasons.
Speaker 3: We're going to lock down one hundred nineteen reasons why this city is an awesome place.
Speaker 2: Jack, you kick us off.
Speaker 4: I will say the Melbourne dress code black from head to toe, maybe a little bit of gray, maybe a little bit of dark blue, maybe a little bit of white. For somebody who can't color coordinate in is color blind, the Melbourne dress code is perfect for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had no idea when I moved here. My wardrobe in the UK was gray black. With a tiny minute, it's going to get so. I was managed to integrate very very easily.
Speaker 4: The city called you, Yes, Melbourne, Melbyn chose you chose Melbourne made me for the color tones, the muted color tones.
Speaker 3: All right, now, lines are open now nine four one four one oh four three nine four one one oh four three. Where are we going to write down? These are one hundred and nineteen reasons?
Speaker 4: All right, Well, gets one hundred and nineteen won't fit on our I'll start on this.
Speaker 3: Point, start on that whiteboard. So number one, dress code number two. This definitely awesome song by ACDC Swanson Street. All right, so we're off and running. We're just we've got we've got two, haven't we Yeah, we've got two.
Speaker 4: So we're not gonna get to a ndred and nineteen if we can't count to it.
Speaker 3: We do so because maths is not a strong point. Start at one hundred and nineteen and work back the only way we can get through the show together.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: So this morning, after one hundred and nineteen days, in the second lockdown, we're looking for one hundred and nineteen reasons why Melbourne is an awesome city. We're counting down, So one hundred and nineteen. This great sub bay is a DC. It's a long way, it's not a film right here in Melbourne Swanson Street. Another great reason why Melbourne is awesome the dress code, the all black and gray dress code for gentlemen. Mark in Thornbury, Good Morning, Mark is saying Australia Melbourne is the food capital of Australia.
Speaker 2: Yep, I think we can take that.
Speaker 3: Jack So Jackie Boy one hundred and seventeen. I'm getting confused already when we start the show, all right, we're taking your calls down.
Speaker 2: Why is Melbourne awesome?
Speaker 3: Nine four one O four three, Rosie? Good morning. Look at that you're on the roads. You're on the roads freedom, Freedom. How did that feel? That news yesterday?
Speaker 6: Amazing?
Speaker 7: Amazing, so good.
Speaker 8: I'm so happy.
Speaker 2: Now Where were you, Rosy yesterday when you found out? Were you at home?
Speaker 3: Were you at work?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 7: I was calling you today and we all just celebrated.
Speaker 3: Whoa, Yes, it's awesome, it's amazing. And you off to work right now?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 2: Where do you work?
Speaker 3: What do you do, Rosie?
Speaker 7: I'm actually a correctional officer.
Speaker 2: Correction officer a little bit because we've.
Speaker 11: Got we've got prisoners that were getting quarantine.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's.
Speaker 10: But you know, I love my job.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so so the reason I love now, then is the weather.
Speaker 3: We've got four seasons one day.
Speaker 12: It's nothing better.
Speaker 3: You're quite right, actually, the seasons, four seasons in one day. You never quite know hour to hour what's what it's going to be. You get the howling wind sometimes as well, and then you get rain, snow, sleep, all in one day. Yes, four seasons in one day, Rosie, that's a great one.
Speaker 2: Thank you, all right, take care, well done.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, so one hundred and nineteen days in the second Lockdown, and we are trying to find one hundred and nineteen reasons why this city is great. We're asking a call in give your reasons why Melbourne is awesome. And we obviously we know about the MCG, okay, but what is it about the MCG? Is it the pies? For me, the thing that's also about the MCG is when I first went there, it was there are two different types of time to go to the MCG. Right, there's in the afternoon, which is amazing see a game, But for me, it was Friday night. The first time I did a Friday night game under the lights at the MCG. You're sat there having a bit. It's incredible, it's illuminated, you see it even more vividly. So one of the reasons I've got many reasons why we moved here, but one for me is Friday night under the lights at the MCG. There is nothing quite like that special atmosphere.
Speaker 4: We're up to one hundred and fifteen to go.
Speaker 3: One hundred and fifteen more reasons. That's all we need from you this morning. By nine, Shane Crawford hows some for us.
Speaker 13: The thing I love about the city of Melbourne is the people.
Speaker 12: It really is.
Speaker 13: It's all about the people. The people give the city heart. They're so welcoming and friendly and funny. There's lots of funny people out there. Passionate, they care. We've seen what we've just been through is how caring everyone is and accepting. We accept other states, other cities, people from all around.
Speaker 3: The world with open arms.
Speaker 13: We've even accepted a bloody Englishman onto our radio airwaves and we've made him number one by listening in and loving and adopting him.
Speaker 3: That's what Melbourne is all about. It is passionate, but it's not the hallway to his health.
Speaker 4: He's in a bathroom school.
Speaker 2: So the people there from crawff Well said Cruelf Hamish Blake.
Speaker 14: High question, it's Hamish here. Look to me, Melbourne. It's one of the great restaurant cities of the world. The hospitality scene is amazing. They've been doing it so tough throughout lockdown that it really is exciting for me. I mean to know that those restaurants and amazing cafes and pubs will be bouncing back, I mean throughout Lockdown as well. How incredible was it that so many of your favorite restaurants just pivoted and they did home delivery and you didn't have to get dressed up, go out into the cold and go to the restaurant. And actually, oh my god, oh that was amazing Lockdown, What have we done? What have we done? We were getting in it home.
Speaker 1: We've got to go out now.
Speaker 2: And the second one from Homus Blake.
Speaker 14: Another thing Christian Hamish, and another thing I love about Melbourne is look, I love bike riding. There's a lot of great bike rides you can do in Melbourne, and with the kids too, I mean just up and on a bike track along one of the many rivers or creeks. I know Jack lives in a city, he'd probably enjoy getting on a bike on a bike track. He does live near some Unfortunately, he doesn't have a bike anymore. I gave him one for no cost and it got stolen. He didn't he carelessly, He just let it get stolen. So he probably hasn't mentioned that on the show before, but he did just basically give away a bike I gave.
Speaker 1: Him to a criminal.
Speaker 14: But that's the thing I love too, just knowing that criminal is out there somewhere riding the.
Speaker 1: Bike, enjoying this again. It's heartwarming.
Speaker 14: I hope, I hope on one of one of the rides he had to think about his life choices and.
Speaker 1: Turned his life around. Got on your jack for making that happen.
Speaker 3: Is that right about the bike?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that happened five years ago, and he said he gave me a bike for free, gave it to me as a birthday present, and it was the secondhand bike he didn't want anymore. But I do miss that bike and I was sad to see it go.
Speaker 3: Did you not change it up? I bet you didn't change it up.
Speaker 4: I did. I had one of those chains that looks like it's about that thing.
Speaker 3: Oh no, the weakest ones in the world.
Speaker 4: Weakest ones in the world, not.
Speaker 3: One of those big ones where you need like an oxy assettling welding equipment. You haven't got one of those big u ones.
Speaker 4: The ones that look like a bit of floss that go around.
Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We will find one hundred and nineteen reasons why Melbourne is awesome, Thank you so much. Everyone who's texting and calling in Melbourne is back Jack. What have we got so far? There reasons why this is a great city.
Speaker 4: Well, it starts with ACDC and the video clip for It's a Long Way to the Top down in the middle of Swanson Street, the all black dress code, the food capital of Australia. Definitely, the fact we do four seasons in one day, Friday Night at the Mighty mcg The people, the restaurants, the bike paths.
Speaker 2: Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 5: It's got to be the coffee for me. Anywhere I go there's not a good brew as there is here in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean this city runs on caffeine, doesn't it. And I don't know how many places I've seen advertisers Melbourne's best coffee. Yeah, definitely put the coffee down. Yeah, it's great coffee here, all right. It's good as a line Simon, good on him, Good morning.
Speaker 15: The reason I love Melbourne is we have some of the best beaches in the world. Christian and summertime down the beach down the peninsula. Awesome, what a place to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's some stunning ones down at the Peninsula. I mean yesterday evening I was walking my dog even just near me down at a sandy beach. I mean for an Englishman, that's still a beautiful beach for me. So yeah, there's some beautiful underrated beaches here. I know everyone always goes, oh, they're not as great as the ones in New South Wales. But you've got some stunning beaches here, Saint Andrew's and gonna matter. Beautiful beaches that shit.
Speaker 15: And no better place to be in summertime than down the beach with your mates having a barbie, having a drink.
Speaker 3: Awesome, all right, Simon, thank you very much. You called enjoy your weekend if you go on the beers as well. Yeah, well, Simon, Justin, good morning, good morning, how are you well? We're great. This is the greatest stay of the year. Christmas has come early. It's like Christmas Day today, Simon, sorry, Justin. Why is Melbourne awesome? Oh?
Speaker 16: You can't go past Melbourne and let's produced some of the best Australian rock. Not only that, it has attracted some of the hottest beans in the world, such as Kiss and I'm going to fast forward to number one. Melbourne has attracted the best radio station ever in Goal one o four and you guys, you guys.
Speaker 3: Justin, that's quite a lovely thing to say. And you know what, yeah we're talking about how you know, there's the food capital of Australia and hands down Melbourne is. But you're right, live music, all the artists they love coming here. They won't just do one or two nights. Elton when Elton was it you I think he left the country, came back about three times and various parts, not just in Melbourne itself at Margaret Core, but he was going out into the wineries. We saw what Rochford, you know, it was going all over Victoria's. So it's the music capital of Australia. I would say that the Southern Hemisphere there's nowhere quite like Melbourne. You know, the all the sports that we've got here, but the music as well, you're right. I mean the corner stop just down the road from us as well. Corn I tell us that's some amazing live music over the years. Justin, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, we're coming out of lockdown after one hundred and nineteen days. Just suns surreal, doesn't it?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 3: Believe we've actually done that stay at home lockdown one hundred and nineteen days, and we are lucky we still got to come here to the radio show, into the studio one hundred and nineteen days. That's just in the second lockdown. All right, So we're looking this morning. This is why we are ticking off. We're trying to find one hundred and nineteen reasons why Melbourne is awesome. Patsy named the coffee It is a city of some amazing coffee places.
Speaker 4: It is world famous. You go anywhere in the world and places that are trendy, even in the cities, great cities like New York will say we have Melbourne style coffee.
Speaker 3: At this cap best forristas might be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's an exaggeration.
Speaker 3: I have come from London, where no one says this is almost like it is in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: London is it was a little slow to pick it up, but pretty much you either you left. They started to the other style coffee.
Speaker 5: All the immigrants from it Italy that we had in the fifties and sixties that brought it out. It's that culture that they brought decades.
Speaker 4: Ago, like mister Ronaldo McDonald, where you get your morning coffee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all the great coffee shops. Patsy gets hers every morning. That warm brown silt from a McDonald's.
Speaker 5: Drive through at four am is good.
Speaker 3: But it's again it's those Italian immigrants. They talked, they brought them when they came out here. They came out with expressing machines. Plug them in. Everyone in Melbourne's not what is that coffee? Before?
Speaker 17: Then?
Speaker 5: We're all tea drinkers.
Speaker 3: Thank you, mister Italian immigrants.
Speaker 4: We hadn't heard of coffee.
Speaker 3: Jack hadn't heard of coffee.
Speaker 18: We had not.
Speaker 5: We didn't drink coffee.
Speaker 4: I'll take your word for it. You were around then. I wasn't. Thank you all right.
Speaker 3: Then, Matt. Another reason why Melbourne is an awesome city. It's not Sydney.
Speaker 4: That should have been number one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, Sheila says lie On Street. If you're talking food and coffee, name it. It's Lion Street. I can't wait to go down there. Christ that's some Sheila, lie On Street. You're right, amazing place, great food and coffee. Marie Anne says Riverside Key on a Friday night. Mark says the Christmas time, maya windows have they said they're still.
Speaker 5: Doing it the show are doing it again?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, it looks awesome. You haven't put your name here, but you're right, Queen. Victoria Market an amazing place to watch, the vibrancy of the city, amazing atmosphere. There's even flavors and tastes because until the nineteen fifties that didn't exist either.
Speaker 2: You didn't have food. Did you just add bread?
Speaker 3: Breadnant coffee? Now? No smear avocado That only came in nineteen seventy three, I believe. All right, so let's keep this going after seven.
Speaker 1: Christian Iconnell Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right and another reason then, what I'm about to get into the race at stops the nation? Where is that?
Speaker 2: Everyone?
Speaker 3: Team? I was having a bit more.
Speaker 4: I was riding on the whiteboard.
Speaker 3: What did you say? Where is the race that stops ation?
Speaker 5: Where is it on the list? What number are we up to?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 3: It's not on the list.
Speaker 5: Oh well it should be today.
Speaker 3: Ready, Dan Andrews, put us shut the show down, put us back into lockdown.
Speaker 4: What I'm hearing? Do you want me to put Melbourne Cup on the list?
Speaker 3: I was hoping a bit a cooler response, you know, rather than just silence. I have only been in two enough years. I can't do everything. Guys, one more team? Where is the Race to Stops the Nation?
Speaker 5: It's on that list?
Speaker 15: I mean it's here in Melvine, Flemington.
Speaker 3: Why does it need to be this hard everyone for the last week?
Speaker 2: The Race to Stops the Nation?
Speaker 3: Where is it?
Speaker 4: Melny Melbourne?
Speaker 3: Now put it on the list.
Speaker 2: All right, this is amazing.
Speaker 3: Then we've got great prices thanks to Victoria Racing Club worth over one thousand dollars, not one, not two, not three, but four home hampers coming to you Home Racing, Carnival hampers, Gormet hampers, big Balls. Our voiceover man, what do they win? Thanks Christian. Today a lucky listener will win four luxury.
Speaker 18: Hampers for Dabby Day, Quan Meats, exotic Jeez, lavache and wine, a fancy barbecue pack including chicken with curisl roasted grapes and a JBL speaker for the Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Cup, Hollands Day, Papaya.
Speaker 19: Salad, dark Rum, Tua Zoo and espresso martinis from Hanoi Henna. And finally, a three course picnic with a deconstructed chocolate ghetto and seasonal flowers for steaks day Factor you and the studio.
Speaker 3: Christian, thank you, big balls, thank you all right. You win all of that every single day this week, worth over one thousand dollars. Paul one the search yesterday to be the voice of our calling a song in a race style. You're going to work out what the song is this morning. Take it away, Paul, what is this song? They're at the gate.
Speaker 18: You're going to smoke your room off for an early leaves followed by the spell of one and cheap perfume.
Speaker 3: Still plenty of track to cover.
Speaker 1: It goes on and on and on and on. Strangers waiting up and down the boulevard.
Speaker 3: They're turning for home, their shadow searching in the night.
Speaker 14: Everybody wants a thrill, paying anything to roll the dice.
Speaker 3: They're in the home strets just three lengths. Some will win, some will lose.
Speaker 1: Some were born to sing the blues?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: What do you think the song is?
Speaker 10: Christian?
Speaker 15: Hello, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Each day you've got to guest the song that is at the races. Listen to Paul won the gig yesterday to be our race caller. What's today's song? Singer and I smoke your room off for an early leaves, followed by the Spell of One and Cheap Perfume. Still plenty of track to cover. It goes on and on and on and on.
Speaker 1: Strangers waiting up and down the boulevard.
Speaker 3: They're turning for home, their shadow searching in the night. Everybody wants a thrill, paying anything to.
Speaker 1: Roll the dice.
Speaker 3: They're in the home strets just three lengths. Some will win, some will lose. Some were born to sing the blues.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to lines Lease, circummand him.
Speaker 20: Good morning, Christian, here you going.
Speaker 3: What a great day today, right, Lisee. Everyone's in a good mood.
Speaker 21: I know it's fantastic.
Speaker 20: Everyone's pretty excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah. What is there the thing you're looking forward to doing this weekend? Have you managinedal to go out anywhere local and book anywhere? Or No?
Speaker 21: Not yet, but I'll be onto that today.
Speaker 22: I'll be heading down to the local cub I think for a palmer and a pot.
Speaker 2: Awesome, All right, Lisa, what do you think the song is?
Speaker 21: I it's journey, don't stop believing.
Speaker 3: Well done you?
Speaker 11: Oh my god, you.
Speaker 3: Get the four hampers worth over one thousand dollars. First one this weekend Saturday round at yours Gormet Hamper for two plus flowers.
Speaker 2: Then on Melbourne Cup.
Speaker 3: Now you get the gourmet barbecue and music Oak Stay. You get the cocktails as well, expresso martinis. I love expresso martinis and food. And then you get another one's steak stay as well. You've won all those four Gormet hampers. Enjoy.
Speaker 21: Oh my god, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: That's right, Lisa. You don't need to go out. You're gonna fte your friends round drink on Lisa's fine. Yes, all right, Lisa, well done, enjoy.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: After one hundred and nineteen days in Lockdown, we are locking down one hundred nineteen reasons.
Speaker 2: Why Melbourne is the greatest city in the world.
Speaker 3: Joe, good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 15: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm great?
Speaker 2: How are you this morning? You're happy?
Speaker 3: Are you excited? Are you relieved?
Speaker 21: Oh? I'm feeling pretty good. I'm apt the athletics troke to my early morning exercise. Ready to go take today on.
Speaker 3: Actually starting to feel guilty now you're already work it out.
Speaker 21: Half seven, got to get rid of the lockdown. Wait, you know that's amazing.
Speaker 3: I think there's going to be a lot of that. The gym's open next week. But Victoria does its priorities right, Pubs first, pubs first gym next week to work it off.
Speaker 2: But let's get everyone back in the pubs first.
Speaker 3: Joe, what do you think? What is it for you? Then? That makes Melbourne so special.
Speaker 21: Melbourne has the friendliest people in the world. You know, the people are so kind. And as I was saying to Jack on the phone before last weekend, my mum had some surgery just she's been waiting since earlier in the year and when she was at the doctors she had to get some tests and stuff in the days before. And this family had traveled down from Regional and because they say, you know, you need to limit your movements when you come into Metro and Melbourne and that kind of thing. All they wanted was a coffee and they were deliberating, you know, shall we try And in the end mum just grabbed her keys, got McCallen and went and brought them a couple of coffees so that they didn't have to worry about it.
Speaker 3: Ah, what a lovely story that's going to make everyone feel great here and that you're right. I can say per seven moved in with my family. We've been showing nothing by kindness by everyone, you know, not even just the people listening to the radio show, but just moving here in the last two off years. I can say, hand on art, the friendliest people in the world. The real stuff for me about Melbourne. Crawth mentioned it earlier in his message, was it is you, guys. It's the people here in Melbourne, you know, that's what makes it so unique, so special. Lots of great places here and so amazing place to go and visit and enjoy and eat him. But it's the people for me and just hearing that story there, that's what it is that should been number one. Really, it's you, guys, Joe, lovely story. Enjoy the workout to day at the track.
Speaker 21: Thanks very much, guys.
Speaker 1: Christian, Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: To finding one hundred and nineteen reasons why Melbourne is awesome?
Speaker 2: We need how many more reasons do we need to go?
Speaker 4: We've got ninety six to go. More than halfway through.
Speaker 2: The ninety six to go.
Speaker 3: I've got a couple as I found out on this show, there was a lama that just walks around Fitzroy that is called barrick o Lama. Whether the city in Australia, what are the city in the world has a resident lama called barrack o Lama that just wanders around. We had eyewitness account. It's an actual thing. The only reason we even talked about this was an email from Scotland where someone found out about it in a pub.
Speaker 2: Someone had just come back.
Speaker 3: From Melbourne telling everyone in Scottish pub in Melbourne they're crazy. They've got lampers on the streets. So yeah, barrick o'lama.
Speaker 2: No other city's got that. Also, don't you love?
Speaker 3: I love? I know they're great bar sire, but we all love a proper, small, intimate pump. I mean with a proper jukebox as well. You put your money in and you wait for your songs, you click through the albums. Best pub I've been to here's an Irish pub here. Bob Murphy took me to it yesterday. We were swapping dates when we can finally go back to it. The Drunken Poet just around the corner from Queen Bitmarket. It's an amazing Irish pub with a killer jukebox, genuine Irish staff as well. I love that pub. Can't wait to go back in a couple of weeks time, Jackie boy. What's it for you? Can?
Speaker 4: I mention Tasty Rooster, the local charcoal chicken shop Berg Oh my god, the best chips. The best chicken is so good and the prices are unbelievable. You can eat more than you can eat for seven dollars.
Speaker 3: That is great. You're making me hungry as well? Can we also there? Mention that the good places that look after us in Richmond Cheeky Monkey down on Swan Street as well. If you ever in Richmond you're near Swan Street, check out Cheeky Monkey. They'm actually keep that little window at the side open over the last five months. Every day off the show, I pop in there and see them as well.
Speaker 4: Thanks to all all the businesses in Melbourne as well who cut a little window into their stores. It's just been so handy.
Speaker 3: Thank you. What's the place up on Bridge to do that? Amazing Hawks chocolate that we get to as well?
Speaker 9: What is it cool?
Speaker 3: The Waffle Press, The Waffle Press, Good Morning the Waffle Press as well the big fans of the show, they'll always supporting what we do. All right, let's take some calls here then, So ninety seven reasons left to go of why this is a great city. We can easily do this. Trevor, good morning, good morning. Go yeah, I'm good Trevor. You're happy this morning?
Speaker 23: OHI yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And that's an emotionar we get sometimes on a day like this, historical day. Hi. Yeah, and Trevor, Trevor, why is Melbourne great? What have you got for us?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 10: We're there actually double chicking on Google.
Speaker 15: Where else in the world would you get two public holidays for sporting events?
Speaker 3: Right? We get the Friday, Friday for Grand Final.
Speaker 12: And Tuesday this time next week is top days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right. And the great thing is right, we're sport mad in Britain, right, Soccer mad, rugby mad cook man. There's no day off for sport, not just that the one that I still can't wrap my head around, the Grand Final. Okay, it's the day before. It's not the Monday when you eat nursing a two day or three day hangover the day before it.
Speaker 4: What I loved about this year as well is we it's usually to mark the carnival, the pride the city. Yeah, we didn't have a pride.
Speaker 3: But we still have that. I can't take that away. That's not been canceled this year. You're right, Trevor, great one, Thank you very much, Trevor, have a good.
Speaker 10: Day, okay, God thanks, keep up with the work.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. The say's like a doctor making calls on a speaker phone. Good Trevor, Lacey, good morning, good morning. How are you Lacey?
Speaker 2: Were great? So why is Melbourne great for you?
Speaker 3: Lacey?
Speaker 14: Because we brought.
Speaker 7: Home all three Grand Finals, the Melbourne Vixens, Richmond Tigers and the mighty Melbourne Storm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, incredible scenes. You're right, it's amazing after a year where all those sports were not even here. Yeah, Vixen, Storm and the Tigers. Amazing stuff. You're right, still do that, Lacey, Thank you very much. Let's go to Scott Coome Onrning.
Speaker 9: Scott, Good morning Christians.
Speaker 2: Why is Melbourne awsome?
Speaker 24: Melbourne's awsom for the Ron prey night in Melbourne?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it all started at the Grand Prix. Remember people were outside the gates.
Speaker 3: Last year as there was Hamilton was already taken off Tullamarine and getting out of town, people working out going is it's still on them one thousands of people down on a Friday, not knowing what was going on. They just sort of said, it's not it's not happening. Actually, yeah, you're right. That's when we really start to realize this is getting weird. Yeah, all right, that's great. Well, thank you very much, Scott, keep them coming.
Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: I need to describe the scenes in here right now. In the studio. We have windows. I did have windows, but it's they've all been blocked out with whiteboards.
Speaker 4: Because nobody's in the building. Everyone's still working from home. All whiteboards in the building and now ours confiscated come and deered for this radio show.
Speaker 3: Because we were counting off these one hundred and nineteen reason each one is for one. The one hundred and nineteen days have been in lockdown. It's obviously taking up a lot of space and you've just spent five minutes barricade in the windows here with an enormous it's the world's biggest white ball. Serious is like the score crew screen at the MBCG. We can't see daylight in here.
Speaker 4: But now we will definitely fit all our one hundred and nineteen.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it's Andrew Brown at work, Christian A couple of reasons why Melbourne is awesome South Melbourne. Dim Sims, Yes, Sims. How can we not dumb dim Sims yet? Team Hot Jam Donuts they reckon yesterday. The big news that we're coming out of lockdown too is gonna be known as a donut day. So let's make a date in the calendar for next year. But Hot Jam Donuts specifically from Dandenong Market.
Speaker 5: Oh, I've had the ones at Vicki Market.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I want some of those slaves open on Tuesday as well. Puffing Billy Yeah, no, you love Puffing Billy, Patsy.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's awesome.
Speaker 3: The Australian Open we just heard people raving about. Obviously you got the Grand Prix here, but the Australian Open as well. That whole area you can just go down even if you can't pay for a ticket, You could just go down there and watch it on the big screens and have a couple of drinks. That whole precinct down there is amazing Australian Open.
Speaker 2: And also, yes, you're right.
Speaker 3: The town, the botanical gardens. There are so many great races that go down there. The town itself stunning around there. And then there's that beautiful restaurant they've got down there where I must say, a delightful afternoon cream tea.
Speaker 2: Oh I seen this bit. We love a nice afternoon cream tea.
Speaker 3: They've got a great one down there, and I generally have been to it three times as well. All right, there's squeeze in a couple of calls before we hit the news, A date with Patsy Tracy.
Speaker 11: Come morning, Good morning Christian and everybody.
Speaker 10: How are you well?
Speaker 3: We're excited, were relieved, probably like you, Tracy, how are you feeling this morning?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm going.
Speaker 8: Out face, go up to it.
Speaker 7: I'm a nurse, so my dates role screwed up for today is my Saturday.
Speaker 3: And on behalf of everyone. Thank you so much for you and your colleagues wherever you are, whatever hospital, whatever unit, and all the frontline workers, I mean could fill the other eighties spaces. Really just about what you guys have done over the last couple of months in the Ppe gear that's really at the front line.
Speaker 7: Yeah, not surprisingly obviously that's one of the reasons I'm calling is just I guess the reason I think Melbourne is great is some of the best healthcare staff around. Really, you know, they've shown it to work every day, regardless of what's been going on everywhere else, and just you know they've done their job.
Speaker 11: Obviously at the nurse I've.
Speaker 7: Given a big shout out to all the nurses, but obviously there's a lot more to do it than just the nursing staff. It's everybody, you know, clerk's, orderlies, security, everybody. Really, you know, everybody had turned up to work every day and just done their job and got on with it, and in obviously difficult circumstances. So I'm really proud to be part of Yeah, such a great place, and.
Speaker 3: Then you work so hard to keep the city safe. Tracy, were abouts do you work?
Speaker 7: Our work at Sunshine Hospital which is part of Western Health yep.
Speaker 3: Also, well, thank you very much to UNI colleagues for working so hard and extraordinary unpresented circumstances.
Speaker 2: We owe you so much. But thank you is not enough, but thank.
Speaker 7: You, no cheers, thanks guys, and thanks everybody out there for their support. Now we've received lots of really nice donations and packs and food and all sorts of things. So a big shout out to all the businesses across Melbourne and organizations that have supported all the healthcare staff for with this really difficult time.
Speaker 3: Lovely Tracy, thank you very much, Take care.
Speaker 7: Thanks jeers guys, keep up the great work.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: So today to mark the one almost said, one hundred nineteen days in captivity, it's exactly like that. We've been in human zoos. I reckon, we're a day or two from fillinging up poop at each other other monkeys.
Speaker 4: Maybe we don't know anymore.
Speaker 3: Not just that my wife and I put to go to the pub on Friday night. You know it's in two hour windows and Yester's they going, what do I wear? Where are those clothes? Can I still go in tracksuit pants and a T shirt I've been living in for the last six months? All right? So one hundred and nineteen days, let's go with this in captivity, we're now trying to find one hundred and nineteen reasons why this city is a great city. I think there's another one there. I mean Dan Andrew's most important press conference out of many many important how many has he done? Like over a billion day to day? Seriously, that guy, how's he coach? But his most important press conference actually was yesterday. It's a historic moment, not just for Victoria but for Australia as well.
Speaker 2: And in the world. They're replaying that all over the world. It's not on the BBC.
Speaker 3: They've been playing that clip of Dan announcing yesterday that we're coming out of it. I love the fact that at that very very important press conference, one are the hardball questions. When can we go back on the beers? That's the question we want to know, all right, So we need Jack. What number are we up to? We committed to finding our one hundred and nineteen reasons why Melbourne is great. We need your ideas. We need your reasons. Small local businesses that you've known that you go to every day, your pubs, your cafes, your restaurants, your favorite music venue, where your kids go to school. These are this is the stuff of life. This is what makes our lives. What it is about are the local things in our areas and communities. Let's name these places who have gone into a hibernation whilst we've been in captivity over the last couple of months, Jack, how many more do we need?
Speaker 4: Is it eighty we're counting backwards from one hundred and nineteen or at eighty five we need a hunt. We need eighty four places or eighty fourth reasons why Melbourne is great before nine am.
Speaker 3: I know you can do this, Melbourne. You've just done a hundred and odd days in captivity.
Speaker 1: Christian Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 3: So we are counting down because this show sucks at maths, kids, this is what happens if you don't get your grades. You'll end up here being dragged out your bed in the middle of the night based to a radio show. All right, So we're counting down from one hundred and nineteen. The reason why one hundred nineteen one hundred and nineteen days is what you've all been through. So one hundred and nineteen reasons why Melbourne is Great? Jack.
Speaker 2: We're currently sitting strong.
Speaker 4: Acts number eighty two to go, and.
Speaker 3: Because it's historic times, this show will not be finishing at nine am. We will finish when we have done one hundred and nineteen reasons. Is everyone hungry? Does anyone want work? Want food? Today? I order food for us if we're pushing through nine am, I would like something, okay, Uh, Jessica has got some reasons here, Patsy like this twenty four hour Kmark, Coles and Macus. Girl, can I live? Came out of the least I know.
Speaker 2: I mean, is there a twenty.
Speaker 4: Four hour Ki?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Where's it?
Speaker 5: There's a couple out west who.
Speaker 3: Is at three am? Boy, can I go cour three? I need that spice rack?
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 4: I need another hamper.
Speaker 5: I've been known to do it on the way to work around Christmas time. Beat the crowds.
Speaker 3: I did not there that came art was open twenty four hours makers all right, so twenty four I came up Coles Mackers. Jessica clearly like shopping. She's also got Christmas forty forty eight hour trading at Chadstone. Yeah eight hours a week. Oh, I see eight days a week.
Speaker 2: So Chaddy Free trams in the city.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the City Circle Trail, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That is pretty cool. That's very cool. The Art Center spire.
Speaker 5: Oh, I love that whole precinct around there.
Speaker 3: Is just beautiful, isn't it. Yeah. Flinders Street Station. I can't believe that we haven't had and the clocks the clock. That's a meeting place, all right.
Speaker 4: You know I heard the clocks in the eighties they almost took the clocks down and made themal digital.
Speaker 3: Yeah, god, beautiful it is. It's a centerpiece. It's where you meet up, you arranged to meet people.
Speaker 5: And the opposite there to Christian Young and Jackson's the pub.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Also there's the So I think we have Flinder Street. I think we have the Clock as a separate thing. Yeah. It's iconic with like iconic wrapped in iconic brood in iconaism. Also when you're talking about Flinders, well, what is that amazing ice cream place at the lane ways opposite there's one wagon. Word is incredible. The twinkly lights in the trees on Saint Kilda Road.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you're driving on and you think you're in Florida. The Rowers on the Yarrow and never can been to Florida to see it on TV. The Rowers on the Yarrow as you walk over the Princess Bridge, and you know what, going through lockdown together. This will make this city stronger, Seriously, it will so much will come out of this, but it will make us all stronger together, all right. A couple of quick calls them. Glenn, good morning.
Speaker 10: Good morning. Yeah, the snacks, the sausage with the onion on top.
Speaker 2: On top, it's going to be on top.
Speaker 3: You're quite right.
Speaker 11: It's the Alman mentioned you can kill them there.
Speaker 24: I'm not going nothing.
Speaker 2: That's a great one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can definitely put that one in Glenn, thank you very much, Thank you, all right, Glenn. Jane, good morning.
Speaker 17: Hi.
Speaker 22: I love Melbourne for the Astor Theater and the Classic.
Speaker 11: Theater in Elston, beautiful art.
Speaker 7: Deco and have a nice glass of one, watch a great movie.
Speaker 3: Lovely beautiful venues. Two great venues there as well. The Asta's stunning there. They sometimes have original movies on the actual projectors as well as britt. We saw The Irishman. So we were there for ten days watching Jack and I did for a long, long haul, beautiful place.
Speaker 7: Jack did has to mention that I.
Speaker 3: Totally saved the gold from edge jacket. Okay, it's the second time we've heard he's been chatting people up off there. Now.
Speaker 2: That's all right, Jane, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: That's the other thing I meant about Flinders, that old fashioned little photo booth.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so that black and white one.
Speaker 3: That one there, I love that as well.
Speaker 1: Christian Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: So we are tearing through one hundred and nineteen reasons, one each reason for the one hundred and nineteen days you've all endured in this second lockdown.
Speaker 2: Jack, we've got to come more quickly. Rialto Tower.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, yep, I remember going there as a kid. It used to be the tallest.
Speaker 3: Building in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Oh right, and then eureka pimped it.
Speaker 2: The big wheel.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's a big wheel.
Speaker 3: Say that is one thing you do not rave about, but would take it. Today's a days You're proud of everything, even that big will and even the quietness and the windiness of the Docklands area generally. That's Chris and King's Park, Melbourne Zoo. I think we've mentioned the elephant house there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the rest of the animals also, Yeah, shout out.
Speaker 3: All the animals, so listening right now, shout out to all the animals at Melbourne Zo where ab Zoo as well.
Speaker 5: Yes, the open range brilliant.
Speaker 3: The aquarium, The Dogs Bar in Sint Kilda, great place for a bit up in there. That is a great place for a beer and a good party as well. If you're talking about sinking as well. The sp on it beautiful place there. I can't wait to go back there. On the line right now then on an amazing day. Really great that she's carved out some time. We'll be very busy today. The Lord Mayor, Sally cap is on the line. Good morning, Sally, good morning. How are you feeling this morning?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm good, except Christian. You've got to know I actually live in Docklands. Oh it's not so empty and windy.
Speaker 11: It's lovely here.
Speaker 2: Cheap house prices, I guess down there.
Speaker 3: Awkward start to chat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I must go back, I must go. Maybe it's because of lockdown.
Speaker 3: It's been very you know, quite and windy down there. The wind is all the power from you, of course, the power of corridor. I call it down there the Silicon Valley.
Speaker 6: Okay, now what are we talking about this morning? Fabulous things about Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean a historic day. Obviously the city has done so well in the real style of the city is the people here. But you was, may you must be very proud of what the city has gone through.
Speaker 6: Oh it's just incredible. And yesterday afternoon, as the Premier said those words, inundated with calls and people literally crying with joy. And I think there's just been so much pent up emotion as we've stayed stoic and we've done the right thing during lockdown, and then that sense of relief and release has just let a whole other wave of emotion go through the city. It's fantastic.
Speaker 3: And tell me this, right, did you have any inkling what he was going to be saying? He must know?
Speaker 6: Oh, I had a bit of an inkling because we've been expecting some great things on Sunday and unfortunately, due to some of that ongoing testing that has been delayed. But you know, you don't know until the premier stands up there and tells us exactly what's going to happen. And literally, I think Melbournians were hanging on every word at three twenty when he came on yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was you know, we were talking about the race a week today. That stops the day. Yeah, it was the press conference that stopped for us here And what are so today for the one hundred and nineteen days in a second lockdown, Sunny, we are forming a less of one hundred and nineteen reasons why Melbourne is such a great, special, unique city. What is it for you?
Speaker 6: Oh gosh, well you mentioned it a little bit before. Which has to be people, you know. I'm one of those people that will strike up a random conversation with somebody on a tram, who loves revving up people around me at the football, who will search for things in common with somebody standing at a bar. And it's been very, very quiet and lonely in the city. So I can't wait to see people back in our streets and the extended outdoor dining is looking superb across the city, and to feel that energy from other people. I think that's what I've missed the most during lockdown, is that energy that comes from other people.
Speaker 3: Yes, especially this time of the years. We're heading to summer as well. We all want to be outdoors. We want to be enjoying the moltoin.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and we can and we will.
Speaker 3: Where you must have a favorite place to go to. Where are you looking forward to going and eating or drinking?
Speaker 6: Sally, Well, so many options. I was one of those people busy making telephone calls her reservations. Last night too kicks off at midnight.
Speaker 3: Oh you said You've got a table somewhere at midnight. You're dining at midnight somewhere?
Speaker 7: I am, I am?
Speaker 4: Are you you're not really Christian?
Speaker 10: I am?
Speaker 3: Where are you eating at midnight?
Speaker 11: And Marcas drive through two bookings. I've got two bookings.
Speaker 3: Where are you eating at midnight? Where in the city is?
Speaker 6: The first place we're going to is the Cherry Bar at midnight and then we are going to Siglos and I can't wait, So, I mean, I literally can't wait. So that's what's happening. They are opening at midnight at eleven fifty nine this evening and it'll.
Speaker 3: Be canceled tomorrow's show and try and get a table there my self enjoining you actually or just why don't we just push through the roll on at six.
Speaker 12: Am, k You'll have a lot to talk about.
Speaker 2: That is awesome.
Speaker 3: Well listen, we'll lead back on a note. Big day for the city, and thank you very much for speaking to.
Speaker 6: Us, and look, thank you to everyone because we all did this. How awesome is that, you know, one of the only communities in the world that have shown this solidarity, this unity, this focus and we did it, so thank you everyone. It gives me shivers just thinking about how fabulous people have been and we all deserve to celebrate appropriately and safely this evening.
Speaker 3: Drinks are on Sally Cherry Tree. But let's get down there. Drinks are on Sally. We're going high a shelf baby, Sali. Thank you very much, take care of enjoy your drinks.
Speaker 1: Hellion to O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Staying on late today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. Carry us around the city. We're heroes. We're going to actually do an ex a couple of minutes of work. Thank you, Thank you k for sho gold for actually doing more than three hours of work today. Gosh, why historic day. So we're pushing on the other heroes. We are because we've got porn business to do today. We are locking down one hundred and nineteen reason one hundred and nineteen reasons why Melbourne is an awesome city. All right, let's go to the lines.
Speaker 7: Die, good morning, Good morning, Christian Pets and Jack, good morning.
Speaker 3: And what's the reason for us?
Speaker 25: The reason is our absolutely amazing volunteers that we have around our city that are still providing food services and food banks for our vulnerable and our homework.
Speaker 3: Oh you're right right, yeah, lovely one.
Speaker 25: That should be Mary Warren are amazing and our sake volunteers have just been absolutely.
Speaker 3: Amazing, awesome. Thank you very much for reminding us of the great work they do.
Speaker 25: Absolutely and you guys as well, you've kept us all.
Speaker 3: Going, oh blessure. Thank you very much, Die, thank you very much.
Speaker 22: Thanks bye.
Speaker 3: When are they building that statue to us? You know? Bev?
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 11: Christian in it and the crew down there.
Speaker 19: Hi.
Speaker 11: The reason I love Melbourne is during your walks, when Nannie go out for one hour our coffee shop, a local coffee shop to stay open to give us a coffee on their way home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just that little bit of it, just a little bit of normality. Just it meant so much. And you can everyone queuing up outside silently doing that silent dancer being just two meters all going how are you doing? How you doing with the mask songs? But we needed that, you know, we appreciate so much, just a little basic things we could still enjoy.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's a great one.
Speaker 11: Bev, no problem, thank you and thank you for staying on here.
Speaker 3: That's all right, thank you for almost doing half a day's work.
Speaker 4: Are they making all the callers end like that?
Speaker 3: Christian, what about the Melbourne Comedy Festival. Yeah, the Melbourne International Comedy Festival. Definitely going to mention that. Also great comedy clubs, Comics Lounge, Spleen, Comedy at the Cooper's in had Oad, the Crazy Matt Dave O'Neills Night as well, so many great comedy clubs here.
Speaker 10: Ned, good morning guys. How are we do?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: What a great name you've got, Sir Ned, Now, that is a name.
Speaker 10: It's the legend name. And you know what. We know how to merge. We know how to No other state can.
Speaker 3: Merge Perth Sydney they suck at merging.
Speaker 2: We can merge.
Speaker 24: We can merge all right, with a few exceptions, but we can still merge.
Speaker 10: And we've got Captain Cook's Cottage and Luna Park.
Speaker 4: Luna Park, the Holy Triangle, the merging, the cottage, the Lunar Park.
Speaker 3: They're always talked about together, aren't they. Net you are a legend. Thank you very much and col Thank you guys, Bye bye, Ned.
Speaker 20: Hi Christian. The reason I love Melbourne is it's fantastic drive in theaters, including Luna Drive In. We reopen tomorrow, which is the first cinema to open in Melbourne. We've been closed for twenty five weeks, so it's been pretty tough. But yeah, we're looking forward to having people come along and enjoy movies in cars and.
Speaker 3: So what's the first movie? Give yourself a plug?
Speaker 20: What can we see we've got after we collided? Also some Halloween movies and family movies. A great night out for the families. Yeah, great to get out after a I'm stuck at home.
Speaker 4: Congratulations really scared.
Speaker 20: Yes, we're very happy.
Speaker 3: If people are interested, and they will be as we all try and rush out to go and enjoy various things. Where can they find out more information about the drive ins being reopened?
Speaker 20: Luna drive In. Luna Driving dot com dot au is our website.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we're still here.
Speaker 3: We're not leaving the show today until we've done all one hundred and nineteen reasons why Melbourne is such a great city. Hundred and nineteen one for each one of the days one hundred nineteen days that we've all endured in the second bit of lockdown.
Speaker 2: So messages that have us come in.
Speaker 26: To say how much I love Babadzzy.
Speaker 3: The bell rope with it.
Speaker 15: Gets around, helps out of the local shops.
Speaker 26: Really love it too.
Speaker 20: Always has a smiling face.
Speaker 27: You can always catch him walking around with stars and all the koky things on it a great blow.
Speaker 26: I think that Murmur is to tefinitely be on the list.
Speaker 7: See the Third Man Rally, it's the parade, it's all the people have wrecked.
Speaker 9: The water skiing.
Speaker 25: It's just so much fun and it's a real family environment.
Speaker 6: So definitely member has to be.
Speaker 9: On that list.
Speaker 2: Great, thank you very much, Leah.
Speaker 6: The reason I love Melbourne is it is only said to killer med It's from the Mornington Peninsula and.
Speaker 20: I know you laugh the Mornington Peninsula, So.
Speaker 7: That's why Melbourne is great.
Speaker 12: Love your well done everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, amazing beaches, all those wineries, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Catherine calling to add the Royal Children's Hospital to a list of best things in Melbourne. And the fact that all of Melbourne supports the Good Friday appeal to support the hospital.
Speaker 3: Thank you, lovely one. They're from Desiree as well. Peter Hook turns.
Speaker 4: That's something we should be terrifies me.
Speaker 3: It terrifies this bon me Christian. The Melbourne Show, Yeah, of course, Melbourne Show. How much have we missed that. So many families missed out on that this year, Philip Eylon.
Speaker 5: Yes, the penguin's the parade.
Speaker 3: They have their own little parade, water taxis and floating bars. Yes, sorry, what's the question? Yes, yes, yes, we don't need approve it on them through a.
Speaker 1: Lot of these Christian Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, then, this, this is why we're still on air Born Business today making a list, an important list and lockdown one hundred and nineteen reasons why Melbourne is the greatest city in the world. My word, how can we have got to what number way up to at the moment, Jackie Will, we're just under our halfway.
Speaker 4: We're counting backwards from one hundred and nineteen. We've got forty two to.
Speaker 2: Go, forty two to go.
Speaker 3: Great Ocean roads, yes, of course, great Ocean Road a marvel.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Bianca Christian.
Speaker 3: The Melbourne Dog Beaches have been a godsend over Lockdown should always be cherished. That's all magit, thank you very much. Before we go to the calls and Born Business right now as well. Of course we're staying on it normally. This is the kind of time we have a little bite to eat, So we're just going to call our favorite local brace on Swan Street.
Speaker 2: Him Richmond putting the order.
Speaker 9: Nsh, hey buddy, how are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're good. Yeah, we're staying late today so I won't be in today, but I need to place an order.
Speaker 24: Absolutely, what can I get you?
Speaker 2: It's Amelia working with you today.
Speaker 27: She is, she's right next to me.
Speaker 24: Do you want to say hello?
Speaker 3: Yes, alieah wed love to you. Well hello, Emilia, are you alive on the show right now, just saying good morning?
Speaker 2: And we're calling up with our order as well.
Speaker 6: Oh certainly?
Speaker 17: What was like?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's four no five recky.
Speaker 3: Five bricky bagels, yep, I haven't finished it. Two ham and cheese as well, toasties, uh huh and uh patsy. What would you like? Mate?
Speaker 5: Well, you know what I feel like. I'd love some wholemeal toast with peanut butter, plays.
Speaker 6: Whole mill toasted peanut butter.
Speaker 3: Thank you? Yeah, all right, we see you shortly. I'll send someone down, all right, see you then listen waffle preast. Thank you very much for staying open.
Speaker 17: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 20: God him, We'll leave you guys.
Speaker 7: We love you, guys.
Speaker 8: We'll listen to you every single morning.
Speaker 3: I know it means so much. Whenever I pop in, You're always so excited to see me or Jack. And now where the business is. They normally lock the doors pretend they're out, but I know they're in there. Thank you, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: All right, let's continue. Then we got what forty one to go?
Speaker 3: Jack, forty one to go, forty one to go?
Speaker 2: Sarah, Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: How are you? I'm good, Sarah? Are you well? Fantastic days, A great day to be alive.
Speaker 2: All right, Sarah, what's a great reason for this city?
Speaker 8: Okay? So in Center Place, which is off Winder's Lane in the city, there's a soup shop and if you go in and buy a cup of soup, they'll actually donate a cup to the homeless of Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Oh what a lovely thing to do.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 3: Oh that's awesome. So remind everybody where that is as we head into the cbdio of the next couple of days. I'm all would beheading in this weekend. Where is this amazing place?
Speaker 8: So it's on Center Place, which is Offlinder's Lane. Yep, it's pretty close to Flinda Street station.
Speaker 3: Awesome, Sarah, thank you very much for letting us know no worries. Take care, Jen, good morning. Hey there again, Hey Jen, what have you got for us?
Speaker 17: Well? I hear that you're a bit hungry for food. I'm starved for art and culture. The Fed Square Australian collection of art is sensational and I'm just hankering to get my fix of art and culture.
Speaker 3: Yeah I bet, Yeah, but you've missed that. Yeah, you're right. And Melbourne is the home of art and culture. So many great shows and exhibitions here.
Speaker 17: Oh, so many great great artists and musicians. A little bit of a dance to look forward to.
Speaker 3: Yeah there is, Jim lovely well said Jim. Thank you very much, Stay safe, Joy and thanks christ thank you, thank you very much. Stuart. Hey, yeah, we're good, stew And I hope you're Will you relieve like the rest of us?
Speaker 10: Oh, ant we she's The businesses are hurting. Where everyone's hurting at the moment. The businesses and small business owners are really hurting. So thank god we're getting.
Speaker 3: Through it absolutely, Stuart. What's a great reason for the city Melbourne?
Speaker 10: I love using my mel ways.
Speaker 3: We were talking about them. Do you remember about that? That's brilliant. Yes, your what a great way to navigate around this city.
Speaker 4: No interest in using technology there, Stewart.
Speaker 10: Of course, every phone's got a GPS, so I do cheat. I can't say that I don't use it, but I do. I'm a truck driver from way back in a different life and driving around eighteen years driving around the city, avoiding cyclists and reading a Melways at the same time.
Speaker 2: Terrifying, terrified.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Juet Base guying The Christian O'Connell Show podcast six am.
Speaker 3: This morning, we launched Freedom Down the show after one hundred and nineteen days in Lockdown. We said, that's Lockdown, one hundred and nineteen reasons why Melbourne is the greatest city in the world. We have thirty Jackie boy, how many to go?
Speaker 4: Thirty six to go?
Speaker 3: Jack is live from the largest whiteboard that exists in the Southern Hemisphere, visible from space. It is huge. The Sinkatron, of course, the largest particle accelerator in the Southern Hemisphere. Dr Tom and all the tea in there at the Sinkatron. Sinkatron. Ohoy, that's a command they do at midday when they really crank that baby up sinker trono hoy.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go through these sad Day on the Green events.
Speaker 3: Yeah man, can they come back in the new year? Ten weeks of tickets? When will we ever be doing that again? Yes, well done, Day on the Green brilliant. The wineries of Yarrow Valley as well. Obviously we mentioned the Peninsula, all the great tepino out there and Zac Day Dawn service, the incredible remote active remembrance, the beautiful beach boxes Brighton Beach. Oh yes they're iconic Christian. This comes from Carmen. Melbourne has is the best city in Australia for its beautiful, old well cared for theaters like Her Majesty's Princess, the Region and of course the Sun Theater that is where Quentin Tarantino took all the crew Kurt Russell, they all went out there for a screening of one of those movies. Yarraville, Carmen, thank you very much. Danding on Flaming Rangers, The Thousand Steps and Gully Miss Marple, shout out to Miss Marples. I know you listen to the Show've been out to Miss Marples with the family at Sassafras. The buskers, David, that's a great one. The buskers, especially the guy and dressed up as Darl Vader and has the sign saying knee cash to buy new death Style funny. We appreciate that. We applaud you. That's brilliant. Let's go to the lines right now, Diane, Good morning.
Speaker 22: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 12: How are you?
Speaker 22: Thank you for this?
Speaker 2: Oh this is great fun. We're loving it as well, Diane.
Speaker 19: What is har for us?
Speaker 22: Massive shout out to Melbourne. I love Melbourne because we still have remained the food capital of the world through lockdown. Huge call to Shane Delia from Maha and provador the business that they've set up. The hospitality industry has been on its knees and he has worked so hard.
Speaker 8: That people that we've had meals delivered.
Speaker 22: From through lockdown have done such an outstanding job. Just brilliant, including one local in our area, Shane and the Maha team and Provadore including Mama Theita, Nana Burton purchase Estelle Flavors.
Speaker 3: I love Lebanese food and Middle Eastern food and in their love Thea.
Speaker 22: And Shane, you know they've given a big leap of space to have their food go into homes, to see if people can still manage it and still keep their brand and their business. And it's just run brilliantly. Their communications been outstanding and massive shout out to those people.
Speaker 3: Awesome, Dian, massive, really nice of you to reward that as well.
Speaker 22: Thank you, Diane, thank you, Take care bye.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take a few more Dudley, Yes, Christian, Yeah, grand grand great Dudley.
Speaker 2: Great Dudley. What's the reason why Melbourne is great?
Speaker 3: From you, sir?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 9: Driving the eastling down towards the peninsula, all the art installations at the Fake Hotel, the Giant Gnome, the Big Bird. At one point there was a mess of rims. Absolutely magnificent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's great, lovely drive that. I love that mini hotel, the Hotel.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to do that drive again, hopefully in the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Get down there.
Speaker 3: Good Dudley, thank you very much, Stay safe, Dawn.
Speaker 12: Hi Christian, how I love.
Speaker 2: I'm good down I hope you will as well.
Speaker 12: I am and so also. I love Gold, always have done, and mainly when I'm when you we're going for walks around the suburbs. Everybody is so friendly. They talk, you talk to their dogs and everything else. And I don't know whether anybody's mentioned science works, because that is fantastic for the.
Speaker 27: Kids in the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, we should mention it.
Speaker 12: Yes, but just no love love gold and always have done for a long time.
Speaker 3: You're right, it's a very dog friendly city. As someone who owns a dog, he brought his dog over. Everyone's always like, who's this, they said, and never asked. They'd always been down pat the dog loads of people. I don't know what their names are, but I know where their dogs are.
Speaker 12: My regularly I know, and I have a got a dog at the moment. But everywhere I go from More, I always something said, good morning, how are you? And they all they all look at your wagtail.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's great. All right, Dawn, thank you very much, show less you, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to lies right now. Charlie, good morning, Good morning, Christian, how are you. I'm good, Charlie. And what's the reason for us then why Melbourne is so great?
Speaker 23: But don't know it's been mentioned, Christian, but I think the cultural diversity. It's very vast EXPERI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is this.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a city of many different cultures, isn't it going to make it? We'll be just talking about the restaurants with all the Middle Eastern flavors. You've got a big Greek community here, You've got a huge Irish Italian community. There's one or two of us pomme sadly clogging it all up. But you can't have everything. I think I'm here as part of a quota. But yes, you're right. It's all what makes a modern city so interesting and varied, isn't It's part of our life.
Speaker 23: I think it's the most bows, the interest of different cultures, festivities, all the different firstivals that you have with by Spanish firstivals, great to go to, especially in summer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you make me so excited to be living here. Thank you very much. Charlie, take care, stay safe.
Speaker 23: Thanks thanks Krew.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Charlie's up a hang glider.
Speaker 2: We've got here.
Speaker 3: Andy. Good morning, Andy, Good morning all. How are Yeah we're good Andy. What's it for you?
Speaker 15: Well, there's a guy with a carrot just walking past me, but a massive plastic carrot.
Speaker 3: But I was ringing about the pink lake. Who else has got a pink lake? Second mention of the giant carrot today carrot Mane gets a lot of love, doesn't.
Speaker 23: He is at Flinders Street.
Speaker 3: That's right, yeah, pink.
Speaker 15: Just by the West Gate Bridge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right on one of the two. Andy, Thank you very much. You killed me is guys Alan? Good morning.
Speaker 24: Christin top of the morning here?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good Alan. You sound like a fellow travelers. Come from somewhere else to live here?
Speaker 24: I sure have Britain and seven years ago I brought my three very disgruntled teenage children from Dublin. You know how that feels. Mate, This city absolutely everything I wouldn't live anywhere else in the world. Dublin does come a very very close second.
Speaker 1: Mate.
Speaker 24: It's the sports capital. The Irish pubs, the just Say are brilliant, the restaurants are amazing, and especially your show. Your show has kept me smiling, it's kept me going and the rest of the city for the last seven months.
Speaker 2: Thank you all, and it's a joy to do this.
Speaker 3: We're very, very lucky to be part of your routines and be your friend in the morning. What a long we get your listening is for allan, I'll tell you what people listening right now, i'd be so they love people love hearing about why we came from the other side of the world to live here. It is a great city, isn't in here? Your family love it now?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 24: Two in college one and year ten I think went back to still. Yes, I can't remember what's good what she goes to even I think I dropped her off at the wrong school yesterday in the wrong uniform.
Speaker 3: But anyway, we're all out of practice.
Speaker 24: The kids are great, you know, and the very it's a very very small world. My wife's episode your boss for six years in school back in Greystones, County Wicklow. So big shout out to Karen, thanks for giving you the gig.
Speaker 3: No wait, that's the Karen is the big, big, big big gig quarter from a big cheese that runs us and basically Australian radio. Yeah, he very kindly invited me out here.
Speaker 24: She went back to They had a twenty year, thirty year reunion whatever it was from the schools, and then my wife went down to Sydney to herself and care and there's three other people from the school back in gray stones. They went out in Sydney there two years ago to celebrate. So great guys, and so he did a good job.
Speaker 2: Oh bless you. And I'll say hi to Kieran from me.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you very much, you co, thank ar, Thanks guys. Sarah, good morning, Hello, Christion, Hey doing Hello Sarah.
Speaker 2: And what's your reason for us?
Speaker 11: We're apart from gold is sending gold.
Speaker 25: The market, the farmers' markets, the trash and treasure market.
Speaker 21: Love a market.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, so many great ones. Obviously got Vic Market, which you'll already mentioned, but there are loads of other little independent ones as well that are brilliant, and the farmers markets as well.
Speaker 9: Of course.
Speaker 20: And don't forget Camberwell Trash and Treasure Market, St Andrew's Market.
Speaker 11: Oh I love a market.
Speaker 12: We love a market.
Speaker 3: You are the market lady.
Speaker 2: I'm going to label you up. Is that in our phone system now?
Speaker 3: Sarah? All right, take care mate, Thank you for calling.
Speaker 11: I'm going to the market.
Speaker 22: Thank you.
Speaker 3: We get that.
Speaker 2: Cora, Good morning, Good morning Cora.
Speaker 3: And what is it for you then? Why is it such a great city.
Speaker 8: We've got the best bookshops in the world.
Speaker 6: I cannot wait to start browsing readings Brunswick Bound, neighborhood Books, Hill of Content, Paperback bookshop.
Speaker 2: Paperbacks great, great metropolis.
Speaker 3: Great, there's one down the road for me Avenue which is part of three in elston Wick and Albert Park as well. Great bookshops. Yeah, there's so many brilliant independent bookshops here in Melbourne.
Speaker 8: So I think I'm gonna have teos in my eyes when I'm in the store. Time in the bookshop again with the kids.
Speaker 6: I cannot wait.
Speaker 3: Great one, that's a lovely one. Well done you all right, Coral, thank you very much. Stay safe, Hie. All right, we'll take more calls. Jackie boy, what number way up to? Now?
Speaker 4: Fifteen to go until we hit the one fifteen.
Speaker 1: Left to go the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: As we tick off, we're not leaving until had done one hundred and nineteen reasons why Melbourne is such a great city. Thank you very much for everyone who's been part of this. And then it means we're spoken to you by the end of this one hundred and nineteen carters since six am this morning. Good morning to Lizzie listening to us right now on in Lizzie Christian, what about Melbourne's city layout? A simple, easy to understand grid pattern. It is. It's very easy. Someone knew here. It was very easy to navigate your way around. I love that. Someone else suggested it as well. At the same time, Jules, as well as anyone said the layout of Melbourne city Yet the grid, the grid where everyone loves a grid. I'm not sure this is the right number it is, Charlotte Who's twenty? Beachworth Bakery hugely underappreciated, Christian, Ballarat, Sovereign Hill, the Eureka Stockade, all amazing parts of history. That's from Jack. All right, let's go to the.
Speaker 4: Next Sorry, how many did we have there? Just time to make sure I've got them all?
Speaker 3: Today? Was it?
Speaker 5: Did you have the grid?
Speaker 2: We heard the grid?
Speaker 3: We had Ballarat.
Speaker 5: Beach with Bakery?
Speaker 3: Yes, alright, three you got that?
Speaker 4: Got that? Let's move on. We've got fifteen twelve to go.
Speaker 3: We're in the top twelve. Okay, top twelve of one hundred and nineteen.
Speaker 27: Big Dan, good money, Christian, how are you, sir?
Speaker 3: I'm good buddy, and we're almost there.
Speaker 2: Twelve to go.
Speaker 3: What have you got for us?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 27: I can guarantee you we have the best ski resorts probably in the world.
Speaker 3: All right, we've all had a couple of drinks. We're all drinking the Melbourne cool day today. No one is agreed with that. You've got some good ski resorts. I think Whistler and Aunts and Italy on the line right now. But yes, you have got great ski resources as well. It's it's not just Melbourne, is it's Victoria?
Speaker 5: Yeah, falls craik, Yes, all of those.
Speaker 27: And one thing we don't have to worry about like all the rest of them. We don't have stingers, so you can get in the water and not worry to be a kitten stung boy.
Speaker 3: Stingers quite right, all right, they're big down.
Speaker 27: Thank you very much, Thank you, Isaac.
Speaker 3: Good morning Christian, Hope you.
Speaker 9: Guys as well.
Speaker 23: Mate, and I can't go past the amazing karaoke bars we.
Speaker 4: Got when we go for one.
Speaker 3: Wait, team karaoke. We are desperate to a team karaoke night. What do you like to do, Isaac, if you've got to go to song.
Speaker 10: I'm the Big Angels. Robbie Williams Son.
Speaker 3: Didn't even hesitate, big one of Angels. That's great, Isaac, that's a great one. The karaoke bars. Yeah, Isaac, thank you very much. You cool. It's Christian, have a good one.
Speaker 8: Tend to go treasure, Hi, Christian team. What about the world class golf courses.
Speaker 3: Oh, they really are some of the world's best golf courses here the Royal Melbourne and there are loads more private.
Speaker 8: And public course you know, they fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some great golf courses here. You're right, Tricia, that's a great one. Thank you very much.
Speaker 12: Pleasure.
Speaker 3: Jack. It's a little bit a little bit of a today.
Speaker 10: Jack, damn more in Christian there are you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm good, buddy, buddy, Yes, Jack, what's it for you?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 24: We are the only city in the world that has our.
Speaker 4: Own iconic steamer Victoria, our iconic steam trains that run all over the state. Mate.
Speaker 10: We are so special here. It's not funny.
Speaker 3: You're quite right, Jack, Thank you very much. Cool, nice one, Thanks Jack. Let's go to Graham Graham.
Speaker 26: Hello, Hello, how are you again?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, we're good. What's your reason that we're breaking the top ten?
Speaker 26: Well, I just think from one point of view, it's a fascinating city. Melbourne has the only movie production Horizon Pool in the Southern Hemisphere. Down at Point Cook, which attracts movie movie production people because they can have this giant tank which is about a kilometer square, which they can do all sorts of water scenes in and it's onto the bay. There's only two others in the world, one in Baja California and another one in Malta. And it's been used for a lot of scenes for ocean scenes, so it looks like you're out, you're drownding in the middle of the ocean.
Speaker 3: Sorry, is it kill wide?
Speaker 26: I think it's a kilometer square. It's not very deep. It's not very deep, so they can drive machinery around.
Speaker 14: Pardon, how do you.
Speaker 3: Know all this?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 26: I think it's pretty basic knowledge, isn't it.
Speaker 5: I've never heard of it.
Speaker 26: It's a Point Cook. It's near the.
Speaker 3: Roof, bas sink tron, the swimming pools.
Speaker 26: I just I just think it's amazing that is something like that there, And that's why movie production people who do water scenes can come to Melbourne. And that just adds an element of what Melbourne's good for. And I've got to say I'm a tasmaniac at birth, but I love Melbourne. It's just such a friendly, happy place and I wouldn't want to see myself living anywhere else.
Speaker 3: I want to see you else. Well, I don't want to visualize you anyway, to be honest, right now, thank you.
Speaker 26: That's said. Okay, I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 24: By now Malcolm specialist hobby shops, model shops.
Speaker 5: Hobbies in the city.
Speaker 24: Hearne's metro flow of boat people like that who probably kept people saying during the.
Speaker 3: Absolute jigsaws, puzzles, whatever we've had to do to get through. Yeah, you're right, Malcolm, Mine games, yep, nine games. Yeah, all right, Malcolm, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Okay, six to go? Are we starting to described the barrel or we still think the day?
Speaker 2: Reset and boot the producers at the backside.
Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Jack has been writing up all the almost one hundred and nineteen reasons you've given us since six am this morning of why Melbourne is such a great city. Thank you very much. All the emails are text to phone calls. Since six am we've stayed on extra to complete this important job today for us. All one hundred nineteen how many left to go?
Speaker 4: Six to go?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: And I had one of course, I'm surprised. No one said the Hosier Lane graffiti.
Speaker 2: Today about telling people off.
Speaker 5: To us flock there together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of the first photos we took to shoving back home. Yeah, it's a beautiful there. Christmas Carol's at the my music boll Yes, I wonder what they'll be doing that this year?
Speaker 5: Virtual? This year it's virtual. Well, they're doing a virtual one.
Speaker 4: Everyone's a hologram.
Speaker 3: So he's singing on zoom or or that individual seeing its logging onto try and zoom.
Speaker 2: What's been virtual? Come back to this tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Is he now passing craziness? Dale?
Speaker 23: Good morning, Good morning Christian and team.
Speaker 3: Are you going yes, well, yeah we're good And Dell, what is your reason for us?
Speaker 20: The Danning On Rangers Absolutely amazing, beautiful place to live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is stunning out there, really beautiful spot well said, thank you very much. You cool.
Speaker 2: Stay safe.
Speaker 3: Kathy Coome morning, good morning.
Speaker 17: I reckon.
Speaker 6: We have the Bitch Fire Services, so say if I volunteer, then bi birefighters.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, look at the beginning of this strange year, it feels like a long time ago, but not forgotten at all. The incredible amount of the volunteers, the Fieries. Yeah, maybe they'll be back in action, Sally over Christmas next year. This hope nor But yeah, you're right. They deserve a really big shout out, don't they. Well done?
Speaker 7: Okay, no problem, have a good day.
Speaker 3: Thanks Kathy, And I feel really bad if we forgotten them. Diane, good morning.
Speaker 12: Good morning.
Speaker 16: The penguin parade.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're quite right. The penguins love living here so much. They do parade to thank us. Thank you penguins, We love it. That's the great one, Imagen.
Speaker 8: Hi, the sculptures like the big chip and the sauce packet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're quite right. Yeah, the big sculptures, yeah, Imagen, thank you very much. Jackie boy, is this our last one?
Speaker 4: Well, we actually have already got penguin parade and I knew how that.
Speaker 3: I think? Is he going to pick up that? He's a pedantic man. Technically we need two more. Yeah, so we need two more. Yeah, all right, so we've got Emma, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 26: How are you going.
Speaker 3: We are down to the final two of one hundred and nineteen reasons why Melbourne is Great?
Speaker 2: What have you got for.
Speaker 7: Sem prosecco Rosan King Valley?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, speaking language yes, a lot of the lot of my wife's friends, the mums, they're all run on prosecco. I think it's their blood group power, solo energy for them. You mentioned prosecco. Is it proc on somewhere in the world?
Speaker 2: Emma, thank you very much. So we're down to number one.
Speaker 4: This is the last one that we've got it.
Speaker 3: It's got to be a great one. Yes, okay, Darren.
Speaker 15: Yeah, here you go, Christian, Okay, great shout.
Speaker 3: Thank you, budd. It's all on you, number one. The one last fact to take us up to one hundred and nineteen. What is it why Melbourne is so great?
Speaker 23: Well, I'm surprised that no one said the Boxing Day Test coming up.
Speaker 3: It's an arguable event enjoyed all over the world for cricket fans.
Speaker 23: It's incredible, indeed, And I suspect I was ready to go with a second to back up because the penguin Brave was said.
Speaker 24: What about the fact that it's not Sydney.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, that's the most common every other message civil war. That's for it, all right, Darren, thank you very much. That's the one to end on all the best. Well down Melbourne, all right, guys, Well, done. This has been outstanding fun today A what A what a great to do to chat to so many of you. One hundred and nineteen in ternsal to get all these reasons. We are surrounded by whiteboardson here. It looks like it's the It's Cup day at the races, and we've got all the runners and riders and all the good ones. Thank you so much for taking part in today's show. We dropped everything to do this because we want to do it, and I'm glad that you've enjoyed it as well. Thank you very much for listening and being part of an extraordinary show for us today. It's been great fun. Thank you. We are back tomorrow morning Puzzy
Speaker 1: The Christian o'connells Show