Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Meldon's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: From Richmond, Gold one four point three HQ, Melbourne, Australia, broadcasting to the world.
Speaker 4: Christian wetbird smells exactly like wet.
Speaker 5: ConL I soapd up extra hard this morning Breakfast show.
Speaker 6: Entire chunks straight in my mouth. Disgusting smell.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning everyone, It's the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Tuesday morning on Gold one four point three.
Speaker 1: Come morning, Patrina.
Speaker 6: Jones, Good morning, Christian O'Connell, Good morning, Jack.
Speaker 5: Post, Good morning, Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 1: Thank you everybody. President and correct.
Speaker 5: A fell a bit military style that day.
Speaker 1: That's the way it needs to be from now on. New thing. I'm going to try. Hey, listen before we get into the show.
Speaker 4: Pats is a woman on a rampage today because Kate Gates.
Speaker 1: No one called you yesterday, oh cake, No, no, no call from the boss.
Speaker 6: No left a message and no response.
Speaker 5: Say I saw the photo you put up on your Facebook page, Path of the cake and it was fall and apart. Is disgraceful, I know, because those things and not shape.
Speaker 1: Those people don't know what we're talking about.
Speaker 4: So it was your daughter's eighth birthday party on Saturday, so a big thing. You had it all planned and as part of that this amazing cake you commissioned.
Speaker 6: Yes, bespoke cake.
Speaker 1: Bespoke cake. There's like a blindfold on there.
Speaker 6: It's an eyemask spark.
Speaker 4: Now one that lady didn't want to finish the work on this strange birthday cake.
Speaker 6: I got there and she's done barely anything.
Speaker 4: You just showing the photo. It's it's sort of this bit's missing.
Speaker 6: It's slid off down onto the cakeboard.
Speaker 4: You sure you didn't put the old poor in there and have a little bit way of driving on because I know you can get hungry sometimes. I wouldn't be able to resist that. I'd have a big old poor of that. And there's some of your cake.
Speaker 6: I've got a deadline for her of five pm tonight.
Speaker 4: In which we see you my sunset tonight, yes, in which I shall be days over.
Speaker 6: And all my family were ringing yesterday. Have you heard from a yet? Like they're putting pressure.
Speaker 4: On it because you know what they want, fight fight, fight, fight, pat throwdown in the town square cake maker versus Newsmaker only one.
Speaker 6: We all know who's going to win that fight.
Speaker 4: Don't usemaker you all more. Forget about Bieber and Tom Cruise. It's about cake Maker versus Patrina Jones. That's shoddy, I mean because I can only guess how much those birthday cakes cost a force.
Speaker 6: It's nearly two hundred dollars, which is a lot lot of money.
Speaker 1: You know, that's half a bulletin for you. It's a lot of money.
Speaker 4: And that woman, they didn't even apologize, and no one's called you back.
Speaker 1: Yes, Sair, and you left the message.
Speaker 6: And this is this is not a big chain mind you.
Speaker 7: This is a little small business which I like to support in the Werribee Hoppers area because you know they do it tough small business. So you go and this happens.
Speaker 4: Do you know other people that would like to support or threaten small businesses?
Speaker 1: Gangsters? How do they? How do they make their money? Protection rackets?
Speaker 4: Just the way you said that? Then I like to support, but I can take away the support. Wouldn't be a shameless at cake shop got burnt the ground?
Speaker 6: Well you know what five o'clock. If I don't get when.
Speaker 1: You go, see you go?
Speaker 4: Fuck?
Speaker 1: How am I funny? In the Morning funny.
Speaker 4: How if I don't get his shoes, shine box, you're going to do five o'clock.
Speaker 7: If I don't get satisfaction, there's going to be a social media assault. All I'm saying, and pictures of said cake are going up.
Speaker 1: That is, but that is these days, that's what everyone is terrifying.
Speaker 6: I don't you know, like social media as well? So everyone else?
Speaker 1: What the army do? They are soult a building.
Speaker 7: I'm giving them a chance. I don't expect my full money back, even just an explanation of why it went haywire?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Is it wrong? Jack? But I'm hoping that she hears nothing good?
Speaker 4: Five and Zuckerberg Jeff Bezoso for Amazon. Everyone's waiting for the online assault. At five points, it'll imply take a mushroom, cracked cloud, the equipment online.
Speaker 5: Twitter account that's usually reserved for updating breaking news.
Speaker 4: Random family stuff. And then what's your favorite saxophone song? SOM's gonna go?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: Thank you at kicks?
Speaker 1: Well, I for one hope nothing happens between now and.
Speaker 4: All right. We'll start the show again next. I think we need to. It's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: So I just managed to try and calm pass down a bit.
Speaker 5: Well, then you threw one last grenade before, as he likes to.
Speaker 4: Do, just trying to cheer up obviously getting angry there and rightly so the Lioness has been activated, you know, with their daughter's birthday cake. You know these birthday cakes, they cost a lot of money and these people that make them as well, they're incredible.
Speaker 1: Now, these they're like works of art, Yes they are.
Speaker 4: You see like a photo of someone then something else they make around it, and I don't even know how they do it.
Speaker 6: But my needs are simple.
Speaker 7: I don't need like something of you know, one of those cake shows, cake Masters.
Speaker 1: It looks exactly like that.
Speaker 4: It's quite there's a like a lipstick standing up and a lot of other makeup stuff.
Speaker 1: It's not simple.
Speaker 6: Oh no, God, I couldn't do it. That's why I paid someone to allegedly do it.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's what the lawyers called you in the last two noise works. It's sort of chucking it around earlier. Now they allegedly made you a cake. It wasn't ready right, Well, you usually words like you're not in court, we have no powers.
Speaker 1: Just music can travel news and adverse.
Speaker 6: That's a polite term for saying, I did you a cake.
Speaker 1: I got you.
Speaker 4: You know, yesterday we were talking about camping legends. Yes right, we had always amazing stories of people who've got amazing setups to have like the great experience when they go camping. How member family ever tried it once back in Pommyland, and well one I thought the best time of you to go is October. October it's what's called winter in the UK, and even the so called summer, it ain't that warm to go camping. And it went so badly. We were cold, we didn't have the right gear. We'd had to borrow it from everybody. Were everyone was away, no one slept, and yet the light comes in really quickly.
Speaker 1: Is there someone got a spotlight out there? Or why is it so?
Speaker 4: What's the time?
Speaker 1: It's quarter to four? Why is it brighter here than anyone else?
Speaker 4: And we're on the moon And so at six o'clock I was just literally packing up the tent.
Speaker 1: We drove away. We were at McDonald's.
Speaker 4: Drive through half seats right, and then we vowed never go camping as a family every again. Now my wife has said all these lovely you know, there's some beautiful places to go camping around in Melbourne, and she wants to give it another go when when it gets the summer. I'm like flashbacks too lying on the ground and I was going to I don't get out of bed in the morning at four half fours a lie on the ground. At the weekend, I only get two lines.
Speaker 1: This is miserable. My kidneys I can fill. I'm gonna get chill. I can get ill.
Speaker 4: So people calling yesterday were always amazing camping stories. As we were leaving here yesterday, you know, we had an exceptionally unnecessarily long beating with the boss. Yes, the boss not a huge fan, is fair to say. The idea it's happening. It's definitely happening. The mattress drag that came up yesterday's show. We are going to have two teams of you seeing how far you can drag a mattress each from this radio station in an hour or two. It's definitely happening. However, I had no idea we'd be in a big meeting the red tape.
Speaker 5: I couldn't the room with bright red the amount of red tape, and.
Speaker 1: Then you gotta wear a head torch. Are you going underground with it? You can open up man whole covers that go under the streets.
Speaker 4: You've gotta wear head torches. Fluorescent jackets are closed shoes one of my favorite things. And don't turn up on a thong next week to do this. But anyway, there was a lot of going on the meeting, So when I finally got out of it, I just want to get out of this bill. And it's like midday and then blessing waiting reception. A very loyal fan of the show and a client that funds a lot of the stuff we do. Dr Harry Margate one of these lovely big advertisers who supports this radio station and also has got a great voice. Why would he hire someone like me? He can come in and read his own advertise. He was in reception, right, he's a big fan of the show, and he goes ah like this, And I went running late, gotta go to the gym, you know, when you just I just want to get there. No disrespect to Dr Harry Margate, but it was like I didn't need to talk about dental stuff, anything like running late for the gym.
Speaker 1: Gotta go, Dr Harry, And he literally.
Speaker 4: Is the mature gentle and he moved very very quickly, definitely stood in front of me as if stopping a truck and went camping. I can't help you. I went, thank you, still not to Harry.
Speaker 1: So I'm really sorry advertiser, Dr Harry.
Speaker 4: Another time, I'd love to hear about your extensive camping set up.
Speaker 5: So he couldn't you did it around him?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, because he really was He wouldn't get out the way. He has a like a heated camping bed.
Speaker 5: Oh posh, that's a poshway to camp.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, those dentists they ain't going broke, are they.
Speaker 4: You have a driven past anywhere and see you boarded up business and go what used.
Speaker 1: To be there? Oh a dentist. They're never going out of business. Go in the back. What's the car?
Speaker 4: There's like a Mercedes, a BMW and maybe a space for a speedboat.
Speaker 1: All right, that's easy for us DJs to say that.
Speaker 4: Seriously, they're not going broke. So of course, doctor Harry Margay a billionaire.
Speaker 1: But he was dressed in light. He dressed down like a lot of rich people do, don't they.
Speaker 6: Oh so they don't look obvious.
Speaker 1: Mark Zuckerberg does.
Speaker 4: He's got those shower shoes, isn't it an awful shiny sort of track soup pants? Look so cheap. Looks like he's broke, but he's not. He's Mark Zuckerberg. He's has been there.
Speaker 1: Same went on to Harry Margo.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: We call your emails late to the party late. So your emails we love getting them and they can be about you know anything.
Speaker 1: We talked about the show yesterday.
Speaker 4: An you're too busy too give us a call or connect her on the show and it's easier afterwards or in the evening or even something. A couple of weeks ago, who got an email over the weekend, a really really late slap party, so much so it took me age, and think of my wife hasn't got a sty in her eye? Then I remember she did last year in July. A woman was emailing advice about what to do with a stye in your eye. She just found some of our old shows.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: First of all, yesterday's show we were talking about camping legends, like I said earlier, and the headline for this email camping in nineteen seventies style, because nowadays you can get all this amazing gear now. Yeah, Christian talking about camping on the show yesterday, I was striving to work. Back in the seventies, we used to go camping in a very different time. We had this big, old style canvas tent, none of this one hundred percent waterproof one eesta. After getting settled in a really cheap basic caravan park, it was time for bed for us kids. There was a heavy, heavy pita pattern on the roof and it started to pour with only sea grass matting. My dad realized he didn't he hadn't dug a small sort of trench around the tent. I didn't know you had to do that. I didn't know the water to run into like a moat.
Speaker 5: No, not at that keeps people away, a drainage, a drainage system.
Speaker 1: He didn't.
Speaker 4: He hadn't dug one. I didn't know who even had. It's news to all of us, isn't it. This is breaking news to me? Put it in the newspads. Anyway, It started to pour down and this tent was not one hundred percent waterproof. It was canvas, and so the only thing he had ready to try and dig a small trench around the tent stop us getting water logged was a tablespoon.
Speaker 1: So my dad had to go out midnight.
Speaker 4: It's like as it used to make them do this in Japan and the prison camps over there, you build trench.
Speaker 1: He had to get out.
Speaker 4: There with that tablespoon taking the ground, was getting soaked and yelling at us, don't touch the sides. There's nothing better than dad yelling, doing it and hearing it. It's always funny for years later, the echo of the things that your dad would randomly yell.
Speaker 1: I remember yelling once.
Speaker 4: We were just going around around a really big roundabout that had like eight lanes coming off it, and suddenly my youngest daughter, Lowis, she must have been three, and she was strapped into a car seat behind me. Suddenly, right as coming into the car, She's only opened the door, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, why what's it?
Speaker 4: Literally, shut the door, shut the door, What do you doing?
Speaker 1: Why are you doing it?
Speaker 4: As we're going around the roundabout with a door open, and I just heard her going.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to see what would happen.
Speaker 4: Shut the do you never shut the door on a moving car?
Speaker 1: That's what I yelled anyway back to don't touch the sides Christian.
Speaker 4: He didn't find it funny then, but I find it very, very funny now, and it's a long way since the nineteen seventies.
Speaker 1: Really loved the show. Morn. Thank you, Angrew. That's great.
Speaker 5: I want to know if his dad made it him all night.
Speaker 4: With a spoon, furrowing bits of the ground. What you're being rained on Andrew. That's a great email. Thank you very much for that. This one comes all the way from Scotland. Since Jack announced it he's watching one classic movie every week for the next year. We get so many emails now pout people talking about the ones he've seen. Yesterday you heard his review raving ten out of ten about the classic Twelve Angry Men, which I'm going to watch again this weekend. Craig is curious about what you're going to do this weekend and he wants to put in an early request. You've done good Feeders, You've done Twelve Angry Men. He says that you need to tick off this weekend. Can he suggest a classic comedy movie? That you haven't seen yet.
Speaker 5: Great point, great point. I'll tell you what I put on there, recommended by you Planes, trains and automobiles, which I've never seen.
Speaker 4: Great movie. Great movie, I don't think is the right one for this week?
Speaker 5: You got a classic?
Speaker 1: No, it is Steve Martin, John Candy. Great.
Speaker 4: That isn't one to watch at Christmas time? Do you not think Pats?
Speaker 6: No? No, I think it's a year rounder.
Speaker 1: But now and trying to get home for Christmas.
Speaker 5: It's cold here, now, come on, that's not it's slightly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say, right, if called in now, then what what would you say? The top three comedy movies? Okay, let's focus it down. Comedy movies.
Speaker 1: Jack's probably seen a few of them. You've seen most.
Speaker 5: I've seen more recent ones. Nine Have you seen.
Speaker 1: Any of Eddie Murphy's comedies, the stand up specials? No? The movies.
Speaker 5: I think I've seen Trading Places.
Speaker 1: That's going down, Akroyd.
Speaker 4: All right, if you have, you'll know this classic line quick impression karate man brews, I'm inside.
Speaker 5: I guess I haven't seen it.
Speaker 4: Okay, calling now, then?
Speaker 1: What classic comedy should you still haven't seen? You?
Speaker 4: Nine?
Speaker 1: One O four three. What classic comedy should you see this weekend?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Think about the comedy movies that you love that you'd like to see again. There are some that stay with you, those those favorite scenes spawning in your mind's eye. Jack needs a classic comedy movie to watch this weekend. He's committed to watching a great movie every week over the next year to kind of, I guess, complete your movie education, just.
Speaker 5: To catch up to you. Guys. I feel like you know all the movies. So I'm doing fifty two classic movies, one a week for the next year.
Speaker 4: And he really has tits or two classics this weekend, just done Twelve Angry Men from the fifties, which is a great movie. Before that the awesome Good Fellas. Now this weekend, someone suggests you turn your mind to comedy. But it's so hard to pick. What's a great comedy that you'd recommend to someone, which you think they'd love. Let's go to the lines right now, PASSI what would you say? What's one of your favorite comedy anything?
Speaker 6: Will Ferrell?
Speaker 7: When I think favorite comedies, I always think of one line as your repeat, but I reckon Step Brothers.
Speaker 6: Have you seen that?
Speaker 5: I love it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great movie.
Speaker 6: So funny.
Speaker 1: Will Ferrell hands down funniest man on the planet right him? And who knew that?
Speaker 4: John c Ronnie is a serious dramatic dramatic act Gangs in New York is a great actor. But those two together are amazing. I even took the kids to see the Homes and Watson movie they did last year. They've got panned, but I howd would laughter and so the kids throughout it. I watched it again when it came out on iTunes as well. I'll watch anything. Those two step brothers, though, is so good. There's this do you do the bit in it as well where they do the classical song together? Yes, that always makes me cry when I watched it, really yeah, because I get it means so much to them and they're not doing it for laugh they do it. They take it to Yes, makes it. It always catched me up by surprise. All right, So Jack seeing that one?
Speaker 1: What else, Sue? What do you think?
Speaker 8: I think one of my favorite classics is here No Evil? See No Evil You Can't Go On?
Speaker 9: Probably an eighties movie.
Speaker 1: Ye, and it's got.
Speaker 9: Richard Pryor and Jane Wilder in it, and it's I'm just sitting here grinning and thinking about it. It's all I know.
Speaker 5: The concept. So one of them is blinding, one of them's death, that is, and they help each other get around, Yeah, they do.
Speaker 4: And also you got that Gene Wilder won the greatest sort of actors ever and Richard Bryor won the Funniest Men on the planet, the greatest stand ups, and they were mushed together to make movies. They also did one that was a crack addict. Gean Wilder was like this pure kind of you know, joyous man or the crazy comedian, you know. And they literally were just thrown together to make movies like an arrange marriage. But they made some great movies. He know, Evil see now. Even it's very very funny, isn't it. There's so many great scenes in it. What's the other stir crazy? Have you seen that one?
Speaker 1: Sue?
Speaker 10: Absolutely?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I mean I'm an eighties girl, you know, so yeah, I've seen all those funny movies from those guys. It's yeah, they're just amazing.
Speaker 1: I think he know, Evil seen her. It was probably the funniest one they did. Together.
Speaker 10: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: It's on the short list things.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's a great one. Thanks a lot, mate, have a good day.
Speaker 9: Thank you you too, bye.
Speaker 1: Tom, Good morning, Tommy boy.
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 4: All right, welcome to the show. What movies should Jack take in? This weekend? Bernie Weekend of Bernie classic eighties movie.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen it? Well, I'm Tom. Is it actually? Is it really funny or is it just a funny concept that people reference a lot.
Speaker 1: It's actually hilarious.
Speaker 5: I absolutely love them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now, Tom, when was the last time you saw it? Because I like you?
Speaker 4: I love this movie and it's one of those movies you reference a lot, don't you like you? You find yourself saying to be mane. This is a bit like Weekend at Bernie's. It lives in popular culture. We say it so much. But when was the last time you saw it?
Speaker 1: Tom?
Speaker 5: I have to say maybe two years ago?
Speaker 1: And has it aged? Well? Oh yeah, very well, granking great news.
Speaker 4: All right, Weekend at Bernie's. We'll aut that, Tom. Thank you very much. Bret, good morning.
Speaker 9: Hi Jack. You should be showing these first one Uncle back great movie. One you know evil, so you no evil? And the third one hot Dog, which is an old snow skiing comedy.
Speaker 5: I never heard of hot dough and I haven't even heard of the phrase an old snow skiing comedy, no genre. I remember as a kid going to Blockbuster, rushing to the snow.
Speaker 1: What do you mean you're out of them all? Jumping online right now?
Speaker 4: It's the back of the video.
Speaker 9: But it is a very funny one. I have no idea, but the thing is, yeah, it's said in the American snow country and it's a steam competition and it's like a poor American against the best German an Austrian team.
Speaker 1: I've just found it.
Speaker 4: Okay, yep, hot Dog the movie, that's correct.
Speaker 5: Patrick Howser, Tracy N Smith, and John Patrick Redger.
Speaker 1: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: I'm going to have to dig this out now to get across this hot Dog?
Speaker 9: But what did you have for breakfast? I had sunny side. I had sunny chide. Damn, I had sunny chide all the way around.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 4: None of us know the scene, but I can only guess that you've done it.
Speaker 5: Well, there's at least one more person out there.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, like a dog. We're sell going off right now. Has any let's try this. Has anyone else other than dear Brett here seen hot Dog the movie from nineteen eighty four? The genre they have at listed here is sporteen ski. What a hybrid, Brett. That's brilliant. We're gonna send you a prize Brett for that one.
Speaker 9: No worries, thank you, seriously.
Speaker 1: Has anyone else ever heard of it?
Speaker 4: Doesn't even know that scene hot Dog the movie ninety four one four, one oh four three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: We're talking about classic comedy movies. We're looking for your recommendations for a young Jack Post to watch this weekend. Pass You've seen the movie great movie Billy Crystal. I love Billy Crystal, and he did a movie called Cities.
Speaker 6: Oh it's hilarious.
Speaker 4: It's a really funny movie. It's got a real heart to as well. Have you've seen that.
Speaker 5: I've sen that. I've seen both years too.
Speaker 4: The first one is a really charismatic comedy. My favorite scene in that movie is when the three of them are on horseback and they're talking about they each there's three of them in the movie and they're talking about the best and worst day of their life. And they go down to last person to speak to. It's Bruno Kirby. He was a great actor. Never got to be a front and center actor, but still a really great actor. And they say, what was the what was the best day of your life? And he starts talking about, Oh, I stood up to my dad. He was cheating my mum and I was fourteen and he went to hit me and I didn't flinch and he walked out from that downwards.
Speaker 1: I took on.
Speaker 4: I took care of my mom and my sisters, and they go what was the worst day? He goes that same day. It's such an amazing scene in the comedy, how you can have the best in the West and the worst day as well in one moment. I love that movie. So you've seen that. That's good.
Speaker 1: You've seen a lot of movies.
Speaker 5: Yeah. The part I remember it is the guy who gets a bit by a snake and Jack Palance.
Speaker 1: Is in it. It's the guy trained them, isn't it kill? Yeah? That's it curly Yeah, great movie? That all right?
Speaker 4: Now, Well, we've had a recommendation of a movie that none of us on the show have seeing. Me and Jack Abaks or heard of called hot Dog and the Last Caller, and not only was recommended so much, he acted out of scene for us as well. And I've just had a quick look on line. It splits the audience right down the middle, different time and place. I think this movie, However, there are people calling and who's seen Hot Dog? The movie from nineteen eighty four. It's not even the top one hundred eighties movies. Jason, have you seen it?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 12: I have, Christian, Yes, Brett thirty years ago.
Speaker 10: I reckon it could even be a little bit longer.
Speaker 1: Is that any good?
Speaker 12: It is absolutely fantastic. Actually, I haven't actually thought about that movie since I heard.
Speaker 1: The Last Caller?
Speaker 5: So do you remember the line that did that bring back a good memory for you?
Speaker 12: It actually does, And I reckon that's he's the favorite part of the movie for me. He actually says, not kiss me, he sunny, so I will kiss me on this side and kiss me on that side. But he said instead of kiss me all over, he actually says kiss me right.
Speaker 5: In the middle. Maybe you had to be there.
Speaker 12: You'll actually you'll actually get it when you watch the movie, and I absolutely recommend it. You'll actually have you'll be in a theory.
Speaker 1: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: I'm actually going to have to start to watch it. I don't know if I go all the way through this weekend. So at the moment, I've got twelve angry men into Hot Dog from I'll let you know what to make of it. Jason, thanksgiving us a corm I have a good day you too. All right, there's someone else who've seen Hot Dog the movie, Andrew. Good morning, Andrew Christian.
Speaker 10: How are you this morning?
Speaker 1: I'm good, but I hope you are as well. Hot Dog the movie talk to me.
Speaker 4: I'm just telling you, don't bother.
Speaker 13: That's what ninety to one hundred and twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: Of your life you'll never get back.
Speaker 13: I would strongly.
Speaker 10: Recommend watching Attack as a killer Tomatoes.
Speaker 1: That is a great movie. Actually, yeah, all right, Andrew, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Have a good day.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: If you've got any more recommendations, let us know.
Speaker 2: The Christian who Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: It's a busy show today. We've got a fire to but Tuesday coming up. About twenty minutes before that, we need to talk about the Mattress Race.
Speaker 1: It's happening. That's a good thing.
Speaker 4: Yesterday I was saying how over the weekend unpacking very exciting for us as a family, moved into our first actual proper home that we now own here in Melbourne Set. It's been a great couple of days, really exciting. But as part of moving, you know, it's something moving, it's hard work. Boxes everywhere. But the worst thing to move over the weekend was lugging a big queen mattress up the stairs by myself. But I did it, and I was thinking, how far do you think someone could drag one of these annoying things? The worst thing to try and move the mattress yesterday were a lot of calls from people because you're Australian and everything's a game and everything's a competition to win. The only country where you could say, in the middle of a breakfast show, hey, how far do you think you could drag a mattress from this radio station? Ten lines jam for half an hour? People actually going three k who could put a distance on it? Three k so reconds you get from Richmond to Saint Kilda.
Speaker 1: So it's happening.
Speaker 4: Next week we would have two mattresses we'll be looking for two teams, two people in each team. How far can you get a mattress? And we're now saying two hours, yep, seven till nine?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know that meeting we had yourself.
Speaker 4: Well you left it suddenly because you actually go to the gym. And that's the stuff that's going to get us to number one, that commitment.
Speaker 5: There's too much red tape and yes meaning too much logistic the bos.
Speaker 4: You know, she's been speaking to the insurance company. Seriously, we have to have this insured in case one of you flattens a small member of the public with a mattress and they're trapped in there for life. They have to live in the mattress. So we have not an insurance company and now signed off.
Speaker 5: On this is Honestly, there was a conversation about what if they run over somebody with a mattress, what are they doing? How fast do you think they're going. They're going to be going slower than everybody else.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Now the world were working now with lawyers and stuff, and the lawyers have got involved, insurance companies got involved. Is definitely happening next week. Okay, However, there's a lot now on the t's and c's. We all got sent a big email yesterday even at six o'clock and it was bullet points from the boss age of allegible competitors eighteen to sixty five arrival.
Speaker 1: You can they come up with this. There's probably some really ripped seventy year olds out there that can do this.
Speaker 4: Arrival at station six am, briefing and stretching six point fifteen to six forty five. What is this so formula one? Is it the Melbourne Grand brief briefing, there's the mattress, get it as far as you can, there's the funk door. You go at seven o'clock briefing and stretching six point fifteen to six forty five. Then get this race start depart station seven am.
Speaker 1: Brackets staggered start.
Speaker 4: The insurance company were really worried that actually two teams of two people leaving at the same time could fall into each other and somehow blow each other up. So now there must be like com pole position to know how we're going to work this out. There will be a staggered.
Speaker 5: Start with a slide advantageer don't know.
Speaker 4: Race ends nine am. Competitors must wear provided uniform and safety clive all times during the competition, high visibility T shirt, slash vest, head torch, gloves and my favorite one closed footwear gloves.
Speaker 5: I didn't, I didn't. I skipped over that me too, Gloves that will make it more annoying to carry.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about the gloves.
Speaker 4: Also, competitors are required to take a manatary rest period of five minutes during the race, as determined by Gold one oh four point three. Who is Gold one oh four point three? Is it me?
Speaker 1: In this case? Are they going to go?
Speaker 9: Please?
Speaker 1: Mister Christian? Can we have a break?
Speaker 4: No? Plus, it says here the mattress cannot be dragged on the ground to transport it.
Speaker 5: Oh really, yeah? That changes everything.
Speaker 4: I didn't I was in the whole meeting. I don remember signing off on that. I think you can drag it for a bit like you would do if you're moving it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and can you set it down at least that will really change the outcome.
Speaker 1: You can't carry it the whole time?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: Nice?
Speaker 1: I mean I'm not though, But I just does this work in legal documents? If you cross it out? Does that mean it doesn't matter anymore? You can't. You can drag it.
Speaker 5: And what's the mandatory break as well? Sure we should say if you want to take a break, you can, But you don't see people during the marathon at the Olympics. Go all right, everybody for three you can hear the boss's voice.
Speaker 14: Now trained athletes, you don't know who you're going to get on and some crazy I've heard some of the callers in the sixth hour, you know, some toothless colinwood fan coming in and doing it and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Anyway, so there's a lot to get through at the moment. The situation is that we need help with the mattresses. Yep, I guess if you're a mattress provider, it probably isn't the best thing in the world to hear that. We're quite happy for you to drag it through the streets of Melbourne for two hours.
Speaker 1: We've heard this Snooze formerly Captain.
Speaker 5: Snooze, Rest in peace the Captain.
Speaker 1: I saw him yesterday, homeless, just walking the streets, eating out on a bin.
Speaker 4: Poor gone and so anyway, Snooze formally artists formally known as Captain Snooze.
Speaker 1: They're interested and are thinking about it today.
Speaker 5: I thought the official term was they're interested in thinking about it.
Speaker 4: Anyone says I'm interested in thinking about that, let me just my diary. I've got half an hour free tomorrow between three and three thirty to have a think about thinking about that. Then I've heard they're interested about it. They're interested in it, and they're thinking about it.
Speaker 5: All right, But now that you've called their former mascot homeless.
Speaker 4: No, I was just celebrating the great the life in Times of the Great Captain Snooze. Can I just say I want to attract to everything I just said about the captain is fine, He's absolutely fine. If kids are listened to this, I think your mommy mummy, is Captain formul a snooze.
Speaker 1: He's not.
Speaker 4: He's asleep eternally on a beautiful snooze mattress.
Speaker 1: So he died, I know. Oh my god, I'm not helping at all this, And.
Speaker 4: Stop talking now, Snooze, stop thinking about it, tom On, bore, come on otherwise.
Speaker 1: I'm going to speak to the captain directly about this.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: So here's where we are with the mattress race that we are going to be hosted next week to see how far you can drag a mattress from where we are in Richmond in two hours, one hundred and twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: There'll be two.
Speaker 4: Teams, two people in each team at the moment. Here's what we need we need do need help? Also getting the show name the logo on a mattress?
Speaker 1: Can he do that?
Speaker 5: I guess you could spray paint it, but they would look a bit cheap. Yeah, yeah, we need a spot signage company.
Speaker 1: Again, how do they put stuff on a T shirt or a scarf?
Speaker 6: Screen screen printer?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How big at the screen printers? But what about like the Cheers squad who puts all that together? The big banner that they run.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, the crepe paper stuff, Yeah, Cheers squad.
Speaker 1: So how would they get that printed on that flimsy thing?
Speaker 5: I guess they cut cut out the letters and then tape it on.
Speaker 1: Can they Can those people talk to the mattress?
Speaker 5: But then you got they'll be falling off during the morning and it will be like the Chris j O'Connell.
Speaker 4: We can't see a Chris Staine or something like that, or Christ the Christ Show. Gold one if they might get a lot of followers. Actually he did, he still does all over the world, so maybe it boost ratings. Who listens to the Morning Christ he does a breakfast show. Now it's a second coming. So well, here's the other stuff we need as well to do this well, we need extra bodies to help us film all because there's a lot of you know, we are a small team. Like Fox, they have one hundred and sixty two people working on that show. Eddie has fifty seven people inside his head operating him, telling him what to say, writing his scripts and stuff like that. We have a very still get it wrong sometimes exactly a lot of bugs in that program that need dining out. We have a very small team here. And in the meeting yesterday, we have Tommy who does all our film and he works really hard. However, he had some kind of mountdown in that meeting because obviously what I want is I want drone shots of the two different teams, but there's only one Tommy, and he was like getting obviously upset. He wants to do it well, he cares about filming it well. And also he started telling about stuff I don't like to hear about near about which is the law. He said, you can't film. You can't just fly a drone over the streets.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he said, you can't. A drone can't fly over somebody's backyard unless you say, if you want to fly over someone's backyard.
Speaker 4: We're not telling them to start dragging the mattress through people's backyard.
Speaker 5: Even drones in the sky and it can see in the corner of a tie of someone's backyard, you go to jail.
Speaker 4: What about if okay, what about we need some more Do we need to make some people to help film this.
Speaker 5: I think people who I don't care about that law, come.
Speaker 1: We don't want Tommy or anyone going to prison.
Speaker 5: I've never heard that law.
Speaker 4: We also do you know, sometimes like when they're filming like marathons or any things like that, they're running through the street, they have like a camera operate on the back of a motorbike.
Speaker 1: Don't that be cool?
Speaker 4: There must be some people who are a bit bored during the week or in the morning that can come out that do that for a living.
Speaker 5: But think of how slow our competitors are going to be.
Speaker 4: The motorbike is going to spend most of his time just pulled over Lean over on it stands, but if anyone can help ust with this, We're still looking for competitors who are crazy enough to actually take this challenge that are on. Anyone can help with the logo filming and who do sports filming in the back of a motorbike called the Show of that Shoe.
Speaker 1: No, oh, I'm paramedics. Do you know? Apparently each team has to have paramedic backup.
Speaker 5: What following the whole way? Yes, it's gonna be an entourage France.
Speaker 4: You're going to see a mattress and then sixty two people behind paramedics with IV drips, crash carts, everything nine one O four three.
Speaker 1: Of course we need a helicopter shot as well of this too.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Your chance for the next sixty minutes on the show, then to pick up tickers go and see Elton John Live. His new shows has been added last week we announced it a day on the Green. Tickets don't going son till next week through ticket chap where you can win them till the next sixty minutes on Melbourne's biggest radio phone in five to bit Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Five.
Speaker 4: Phone in's running at the same time. Listen up. If you've got any stories about any of these, give us a call. That's how it works. You'll the star of it with your stories. On nine four one four one oh four three. Eldest door to the teenager is currently on a school camp. She is in the middle of nowhere. All I know is we dropped her off at the airport with some of her year and she had like a thirty kilo big old backpack. They land in Sydney. They were driven three hours out of Sydney. It's so remote. We've got a call. She's been gone a week. I've missed her so much, barely a day's gone by. I haven't cried that she's gone. I tell her, who does not feel out that her younger sister. I've never seen that kid so happy. That's actually is scary. Do you think she'd been that if I died?
Speaker 6: Oh, like that's normal, Chris sister.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess it is.
Speaker 4: I think she's just she keeps saying it's so great, just being an only child. That's who keeps saying to me. So yeah, she comes back Thursday. Thursday night is Christmas Day.
Speaker 1: For me.
Speaker 4: I cannot wait to get a bat and what's the I don't know how she's getting on. All we got is a phone call from one of the camp leaders last Thursday afternoon going, oh hi, mister O'Connell, you know't on th is so and so from the camp your daughters can't is hurt her arm And she was on the third day of this trek their truck. It sounds amazing, right, it must beautiful what they're seeing, but they are trekking eighteen kilometers a day with the backpack on. Oh gosh, I don't know whether she's joined the special services at see.
Speaker 1: I mean I'd be exhausted with great backpack on.
Speaker 5: Our school cameras. Two nights that's it.
Speaker 4: Now they do five days, eighteen ks a day trekking. Then they move somewhere else and then they do kayaking for four days like twenty ks a day. So it's amazing, but it's full of right. So we just get a phone call going, she can't move her right arm. We're just going to go and take her to a hospital. Three hours drive to hospital in Newcastle. We then get a phone call there and you know, Ruby's saying, look, I'm in a lot of pain, but I want to carry on, and we're like great. You can tell that she's obviously very emotional about speaking to us. It was like one of the worst phone calls. But now there's radio sciences.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 4: They're not an intentive phones, which I think is brilliant for them because otherwise, because you haven't got phones, they're to text mom and dad to see you go, and you lose a bit of the umbilical coordinate. Although it's hard for us, I'm guessing it a bit at times, hard for her as well. It must be amazing because you've got to dig deep and you got look around and get on with the people. Some of them are not going to get on well with something, and they're in a tent as well. So anyway she gets back, she gets back to Thursday. I don't know what she's been up to, how she's getting on.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. These camps she going are extreme.
Speaker 7: I'm not looking forward to that. Audie goes on her first one at the end of the year. Be like a cat on a hot tin roof.
Speaker 1: How long is she go away for?
Speaker 6: It's just one night? Because they're only great to.
Speaker 4: Do it. I keep going into her bedroom picking up stuff. She's gone for ever. She's back Thursday.
Speaker 5: My school camp was. Honestly, all I remember doing was playing with that giant chess. You know how they got those giant I was doing kayaking. I wasn't doing these five day hikes anything like that.
Speaker 4: But were you one of those kids?
Speaker 5: That's what everybody else goes to, the real activity, giant chess.
Speaker 4: All right, So school camp stories, okay, it's a big part of Australian outdoor life. School camp stories. I'm looking forward to hearing them. Gifts the of backfired. Have you got any stories about gifts that have backfired? I remember a couple of years ago when my mom and dad were still married before they separated. Maybe this separated them. I thought it'd be really nice to get them right. They're saying how they want us to eat more healthy food, So I thought I'd organize for them to get a monthly delivery to their doorstep a box of fresh organic fruit and vege.
Speaker 6: Nice.
Speaker 4: Two months in, my dad rings me, right, hey, hard to please man, some please counsel the order. Oh, all right, gone that it's a gift for the year. It's too much fruit and vege. We can't get through it. Please make it stop. There's too much. It's stop piled Now the fridge. We can't open the fridge. We go, we go in the cupboard. They're flipping fruit and vetch everywhere. There's a knock at the door. It's another son. Cancel the gift. Had to ring them cancel the so gifts that have backfired that basically didn't go down well where I'm wanted. Have you ever suffered a huge loss? Rio who works on the show, he plays for a footy team. His team won the other weekend one hundred and ninety six to six.
Speaker 1: Who were they playing?
Speaker 4: That's a big different Come on, come on, you bunnies, one hundred and ninety six to six. I mean they were playing the DS. So your story's about huge losses. How did you get a black eye? There are many many ways to get a black eye. I'm looking for your stories about where in unusual ways that you've got a black eye.
Speaker 1: And yesterday we had some great calls.
Speaker 4: When we're talking about camping legends, A lot of them involved these weird and wonderful inventions and my guy, the fixes that dads had done some to better success than others. But your dad inventions. Maybe your dad did it for you or it's your shabby dad invention. Those are the five topics best story We get you in the next sixty minutes. We give you Elton John tickets to Down the Green nine one o four three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: All right, let's take some stories. Now, let's go to Cat. Good morning, Good.
Speaker 12: Morning, Christian team.
Speaker 5: How's it going.
Speaker 4: We're going well. I hope you're well as well this morning. Welcome to the show Cat. What have you got for us?
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 10: How I got a black eye? I am a rather big nerd and thought that I view an excellent mother and introduced my children to the world of Star Wars. And they must have been about two and four, and I gave them my combat ready lightsabers, so they're the really expensive ones you can properly fight with. And I know those great black guy on May the four of Nowhere.
Speaker 4: That's amazing Star Wars. You've got a black eye from the young Jedies. The force is strong in those kids, especially that two year old, strong enough to aim And did you have a proper the classic shiner where it's like a traffic light. It changes colors every couple of days, and oh it was gorgeous.
Speaker 10: I'm sure I Facebook prolo at it for day Cat.
Speaker 4: That's a great story. Thank you very much for calling us up and share it with us week. I have a good day, you do, all right, Lisa, Good morning? Here we go, Lisa. Yes, yes, Lisa, welcome to five TOI a Tuesday. Which one is calling it.
Speaker 13: About school camp?
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, what's your story about school camp?
Speaker 13: I was on school camp in year tens that was Central Australia coop of pet One of my friends got stuck in one of the underground toilets, so she was hysterical and she's like, please, can you come in here and help me? So I've gone to go under the door and I was a little bit chubbier and I got stuck under the door. So for me to get out, I had to have a teacher on one leg a teacher on the other leg pulling me well while my friend was pushing my head get me under the door.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 4: There's a separate phone. And you went to help somebody else and then you needed help as well. That is incredible.
Speaker 13: The funniest thing about it is the fact that she'd only just forgotten to turn the notch that flight there.
Speaker 4: Now it's more effort getting you out about it.
Speaker 13: It's the second funniest thing about it. She was like really skinny, so she could have just slid under the door herself.
Speaker 4: Lisa, thank you very much for calling him. Separate prize this morning. If you can tell us what was going on the background of Lisa's calls. A carnival band getting ready.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three midway through halftime or five topic Tuesday Topics Today, best story we get between now and eight thirty Elton John tickets, go and see him a day on the Green. We're looking for your stories about dad's inventions. How did you get a black eye? Got great story just for the Airport News about mum and a lightsaber. Huge losses you've suffered after Rio who works on the show his footy team.
Speaker 1: Shame on them.
Speaker 4: Happy to happy to let a game carry on to one hundred and ninety six to six.
Speaker 5: I was part of it.
Speaker 4: You're playing cricket, but you're playing footing. When is enough enough.
Speaker 5: I played on a basketball team that lost one hundred and ten to nil. Nice. Yeah, and they were by the end of it. They were playing like the Globe Trotts allies and stuff. I was only I was. I got a foul and went to the line, so you got two free throws and missed them both. It was our best chance for.
Speaker 1: All right, So we're looking a huge loss.
Speaker 4: There's stories about gifts that you gave that backfired and school camp stories nine four.
Speaker 1: One four, one oh four three many Good morning.
Speaker 11: Hi Christian, good morning. How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good, I'm great, And Demiani, Welcome to the show. Which one he calling in about gifts for the backside? Oh yeah, off you go.
Speaker 11: So we're on summer holidays and my mum's got five kids in the back of the van and she'd been lovely enough to take us down the shops to get some presents and things. So while she was driving, we were all sniggling in the back and thought we'd give her a present for taking us down to the shops, and we gave her one of those warhead lollies back in the day that were a big thing, and they were either very very hot or very very sour.
Speaker 4: Yeah, either way, horrible experience and not what you want to be given as a so called gift.
Speaker 1: Why are you driving?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 11: And we were just sniggling and she thought it was so lovely and we told her we had this lemon walk this lemon lolly for her because she loved Lolly's. Anyway, she had that big of a shock while she was driving that she crashed us into a pole on the side of the road.
Speaker 1: This story took a bit of a turn, and.
Speaker 11: I could tell you, Christian Jeeves, we're in trouble back when dad had to come and get us all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but everyone alright, the old five kids, the Walter's in the back and mom up front.
Speaker 1: Everyone okay, she.
Speaker 11: Wasn't going fast. Were up on country holidays though.
Speaker 3: It was just.
Speaker 11: The old wooden posts on the side of the on the road and the car just went into that. And she was just absolutely shocked at it. Just the shower had hit her as she lost control of the path.
Speaker 1: I mean, what were they he'd call them warheads.
Speaker 4: I mean, not a cute see little name itself to let kids muck around with any kind of head.
Speaker 1: No, Marnie, thank you very much. You cool.
Speaker 11: Thanks Christian, all right.
Speaker 1: Have a good day.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's one of the topics, is it? Head on collisions you've been in Julia? Good morning, Julia, Good morning, Christian, Good morning Julia. Which five topic you're calling it about the morning?
Speaker 5: Mate?
Speaker 15: Dad inventions?
Speaker 1: Oh great, off you go.
Speaker 15: My dad invented a barbecue out of the shopping trolley.
Speaker 4: So we just needed we just pause, We just need a moment to take that in a barbecue out of a shopping trolley.
Speaker 15: Yeah, why yes, because it was it's cheap number one, and number two, he could move because it was on wheels. And what he did was he put the coal in the actual shopping trolley and put plate on top.
Speaker 1: Actually, very good idea.
Speaker 4: I love the idea of the portable shopping trolley barbecue.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, so he made a portable shopping trolley.
Speaker 4: The only thing is right when you think about it, the shopping trolley is the hardest thing to move from A to B. Sonning got hot coals and watch.
Speaker 1: Nan, I'm trying. I'm trying now. No, it's easy if you move.
Speaker 4: How to ruin a fun family barbine shopping trolley of death?
Speaker 8: It looks.
Speaker 10: It looks horrible.
Speaker 15: We have visitors over.
Speaker 4: Even in Queensland, people go, I don't think we should do that to a bit too Bergain.
Speaker 5: It's something out of a dystopian film, a flaming trolley exactly.
Speaker 1: All right, Juli, a great call, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Last few calls now, then on five to but Tuesday, Bob Murphy's I guess after half.
Speaker 1: Eight he got half an hour ago?
Speaker 5: What have you been doing?
Speaker 1: I was just scoping the building. I don't forget.
Speaker 4: He's only used to going in on se n so he's like, what's all this proper equipment?
Speaker 1: You know it's going to.
Speaker 5: Be favorite radio he never lived. My dad never listens to us because he listens to Guarante and he wants to hear people.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get some callers on now, last few callers then for five to bit Tuesday. First up Alyssia, good morning, Hello, how are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm good Alyssia, welcome the five top of Tuesday. Which when he called it in about my black eye? All right, how do you get a black eye?
Speaker 8: So I was vacuuming a double story house, and I vacuumed down the stairs, left the vacuum cleaner on the landing because you know, the plug had stretched out, So I walked back up the stairs, unplugged it, and instead of carrying the plug down to the vacuum cleaner, which would have been the sensible thing to do, I dropped it at the top of the stairs, walked down to the vacuum cleaner, pressed the retractor button, and the plug literally got air, bounced off the top step, hit the third step and smacked me right in the eye.
Speaker 1: Had that big old metal the three pronged plug.
Speaker 8: Wow, yeah, I saw stars.
Speaker 10: I was like, yeah, quite impressive.
Speaker 4: That's incredible. Yeah, I mean the speed they did running step on it. He go, yeah, they're brilliant. I wish more things in life that had that button. I wish that those are lear buds and the cables that you get for your headphones to get tangled up. I wish there was a button on my phone that could just pull them in like that or attract them. But wow, that's a great story. Let's go to rece good morning. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Rechere Tilding in about huge losses that you suffered. What's yours?
Speaker 4: Uh? Three hundred points?
Speaker 1: Oh that's incredible? Is this footy?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And how old are you under sixteen team?
Speaker 4: Or yeah?
Speaker 1: I was in the under sixteen so I was I want sixteen obviously good news.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a bit old of his forty year old dude, he's rubbish as well. Why does he keeped at the drop kick?
Speaker 1: And what was the name of the team? Football club? That's it? Three? Did you think it's still in the history books. It's one of the biggest losses they ever suffered.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, it has to be up there all right.
Speaker 1: Reece, thank you very much. You go.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Especially guess this morning in the studio when I first arrived here last year and I was trying to work out how on earth AFL footy worked, Jack show my mother headphones work obviously on se N They don't give him money. Gary Lyne doesn't want people high five injuring the game. He doesn't want guests having the headphone.
Speaker 16: Don't mention the wife. This is a little mistress adding on the side.
Speaker 5: Don't bring her up, don't bring up that name.
Speaker 1: What are the rules.
Speaker 5: Are you allowed to go on another radio show?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I am as We've got a safe word, so things get uncomplete. If I yell at Apriy cords, that's it. You go to some music.
Speaker 4: It's a joy to get you on the show. I'm genuinely a fan of yours. And when I was trying to get into the world, the mysterious world when you're a new be like me and you move the other side of the world and there's this sport which is tribal and it's footy, it's so hard at first to get into it and understand the mysterious rules and.
Speaker 1: Rules that don't appear to be rules.
Speaker 16: We don't understand that.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it's they're actually written down everywhere other than Gil changing them every weekend and felt it and crossing them out at the end of a season. Well, I read your book, Leather Soul, and because it's a great story and you're a really good storyteller, it got me into understanding a bit more about the game.
Speaker 16: That's high praise. Thank you very much for that.
Speaker 1: That's great. And now you're on the show. I could see you brought a book in for me.
Speaker 3: I brought a book in for you, and I know you're curious about Australian culture and trying to get you, trying to get some you know, some doude under the fingernails of our of our great nation. And Peter Temple's my favorite Australian author, and so I brought in his his greatest book, The Broken Shaw.
Speaker 16: But then you just told me that you.
Speaker 1: I think you forgot.
Speaker 4: We met about two months ago. We had quite a few pints of guinness you recommended to me. I went and bought it. I sent you a picture saying I'm reading this.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 4: You've obviously forgotten about that entire conversation, and you've brought the book. I sent your photo saying, hey, I listened to what you said. I've got the book.
Speaker 1: I've read it. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: I was so drunk from the guinness that even days later still I still was a job who needs his book.
Speaker 1: You told me to go by it.
Speaker 16: Well I did. I didn't try it. I didn't think you're a man of your turns out you're a man.
Speaker 1: Of your word.
Speaker 16: You really are as good as those billboards tell me.
Speaker 5: The funny thing is, Bob you're meant to be here promoting your own show, but it looks like you're actually promoting this Peter Temple, Yeah, and you're showing it to the camera.
Speaker 3: I've got roll lexits on the inside of my Jackie Turky if anyone would like a cheap one.
Speaker 4: So tell us about your show tonight. It's a second season, second season.
Speaker 1: How would you like a talk show chat show?
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, that's that's not what it's like. I mean, that's exactly what it is. That's it's essentially just like like what you and I doing right now, sitting and having a chat. But it's yeah, it's a it's Fox Footy, So it's the game is kind of what weaves its way through the conversation.
Speaker 4: Your air, by the way, on that saying this, it's been fifteen minutes chapter Paul Kelly work in a little.
Speaker 3: Metaph Now, I don't I have a strict rule around no one talking in my ear. I'll just start spinning around chasing my tail like a dog. But it's a yeah, it's an eclectic mix of people that we know from other walks of life, whether they're singers or comedians or actors, and their connection to the game, but more probably more around performance and the way we are, the way different people are.
Speaker 4: But it's a different kind of way of talking about footy and different people, which is how you are. You're interested in the culture as well, and you can tell when you when you're talking to the various guests, you're interested in trying to find out a bit about them.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not a journalist. I sort of go to the conversation as it. Let's let's meet halfway and there's you know, there's a bit of a roadmap of where the conversation might go. But as you guys know, it's it's always much more interesting and much more fun if if things take a left turn and then you start to go off the script a little bit, so that that's the buzz for me. I'm not sure if the guests get a buzz.
Speaker 16: Out of it.
Speaker 1: What do you hate?
Speaker 16: The show is called Bob. I'm not interested to what their buzz is. It's my buzz.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well done.
Speaker 1: You must have thought about the name.
Speaker 3: You'll appreciate this Christians because it's a palindrome. So it was either, you know, the options were Bob or level Man Glenneld.
Speaker 4: So we settled on the pop and who have you got tonight? Episode two tonight eight thirty, Channel five oh four.
Speaker 3: So Sam Kerr, the captain of the Matilda's great amazing against and I was burricking very very hard for the Matilda. Thought it's gonna be a real buzz killer if.
Speaker 1: You're just out on Australia hates her loser.
Speaker 4: So if you have acted that show and just repeated the Paul Kelly sort of.
Speaker 16: Just sort of dug it.
Speaker 3: Series two episode repeats, we're in the repeats already, Yes, so go the Matilda. So yeah, now Sam, she's a fascinating, fascinating young woman. It's sort of curious combination of she's very relaxed. She told me she doesn't get nervous before before games, which I kind of they kind of blew my mind.
Speaker 1: But then did you get nervous before going?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I was highly anxious.
Speaker 4: For you because a lot of players are. I've interviewed David Beckham and he used to have like a very very rigorous set routine before to try and because he thought if I could control.
Speaker 1: That, there are two on my nose. Did you have a set routine?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I did, Yeah, But was it cry in the corner. Yeah, try reaching the bathroom. Yeah, but what you know that because the routine just starts to it just gives you some level of comfort, but there really is no comfort because you're putting yourself out to be judged and critiqued. So but she's, yes, as relaxed as she is. She's she's charismatic and I don't use that word lightly. And and she's she's driven, she's fierce.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's a great guest to not they're doing so well in the Woman's Soccer World cut.
Speaker 2: All right, we're back with Bob Murphy after he's ass the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Clash Gold one a four point three with a live percussion there from our special guest this morning him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was beat mixing it, Bob Murphy, he dropped me.
Speaker 3: You interviewed one musician, Hey carried away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gone in high.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I can jump along with a cash it's a low entry bar. I can give that a guy. I can do that, especially this this morning is Bob Murphy. You can catch them on TV tonight Foxtail Channel five four, eight thirty the mysteriously named Bob and tonight you're talking to Sam Kerr and last week it's Paul Kelly. You can see I noticed they have a lot of them on demand. You can see the Paul Kelly one, which is great.
Speaker 16: Yeah, but I'm in bitter for ratings. If you watch it when it goes to it, you get touchy.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to promote the back. You would do that if I was.
Speaker 5: About the Rolelexes and O, Hey, I watched the Paul Kelly one used. Are you worried that for the rest of the season you're going to run out of football analogies? There are so many packed into that Paul Kelly episode.
Speaker 3: I've sort of pushed past worrying about that. I think the first season sort of thought that you saw that. That's part of the charm. Oh he's already out of them.
Speaker 16: Yeah, just keep going to see.
Speaker 2: If we can.
Speaker 4: I use it as a drinking game. Lastly, I was samd I was sick alright's on tonight eight thirty one. Thing we'd like to do with guests and Kim on the show is ask you about what your Internet history, what we've been googling, what we've been buying recently?
Speaker 1: What is it for you, Bob?
Speaker 3: You know I found that I of googled mystifire the Michael Hutchins documentary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gon't wait to see that.
Speaker 16: That was the thing.
Speaker 3: I did a brief sort of sojourned into Byron Bay real estate. I think the winter was just sort of getting to me. Thought, oh god, manay, I can't handle this.
Speaker 1: So hang on.
Speaker 4: Did you think it's one of those smart ads where they think it seems a bit down.
Speaker 1: He's looking at the Michael Hutches. You need to Byron Bay.
Speaker 3: I think that's what I think. You know, the people are scared of my computer looking at me. It's like, I'm okay with that. I'm fine with that. That's totally fine. There's some great little apartments in Byron Bay. Had me thinking, yeah, so that was something. But my internet purchasing that was what have you got? Well, so I had I've got a Trucker cap addiction. So I brought that and the book that I that you'd already read that that.
Speaker 4: Was truck Because Jack also who's like yourself, he's a hipster as well in Coburg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's addicted to caps as well. Why the Trucker Cap.
Speaker 3: I suppose I'm like the Sarah Jessica Parker of Trucker Cap. It's probably close to twenty five thirty.
Speaker 1: Now, how are they stored? Do you have like a cupboard?
Speaker 16: They're shoved in the corner of the bedroom.
Speaker 1: And is it like random play?
Speaker 4: You just pick anyone else?
Speaker 1: There's no is this Tuesday?
Speaker 16: This is sing clear Tuesday.
Speaker 3: So that's what I've gone with. That's my sort of Yeah, it's my little thing. I suppose.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, right, the next thing I want to do now?
Speaker 4: I was thinking about this last night, right, because I think that your life, our lives can be like a series of first and last.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you do something you don't even.
Speaker 4: Know what your last bookings, Yeah, but you do remember your first What were the first and last gigs you ever saw?
Speaker 1: So? What was your first one? What was the last one you saw?
Speaker 3: First one was Michael Jackson at the MCG The one has an age two.
Speaker 16: Well it's great at the time though.
Speaker 1: Wow, which all bad?
Speaker 16: Dangerous? I think ninety five.
Speaker 1: First gig is Michael Jackson live, ye, and amazing it was.
Speaker 3: It was incredible, I mean I could hardly see him I don't think they were the best seats in the house, but you know it was, you know it was it was MJ.
Speaker 5: Were you Were you at the MCG thinking I'll play here one day?
Speaker 16: Oh no, I don't think so.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 16: I was probably working on my.
Speaker 3: You also thinking about the football and my most recently so I've gone full. So that's where I started. And then it's like text Perkins at my local pub, the North Social Clubs as a true hipster.
Speaker 16: So I was up there there.
Speaker 4: That's a great one, all right then? And first time you had your heartbroken?
Speaker 3: Oh so I text you last night, so I'm really sent through the questions first time you had your heart broken, and I sort of read the questions out and the mood in my land room changed quite significant.
Speaker 1: You to read that one to your wife, She's.
Speaker 5: Like, oh, who was have you?
Speaker 16: Besid?
Speaker 1: You never had that conversation.
Speaker 16: No, that we didn't come up anyway. Showed out to Amanda.
Speaker 1: Who's Amanda? Mandy move lany, tell us what happened? How old were you?
Speaker 16: I was eighteen nineteen?
Speaker 1: Is she going to be on season two of Bob?
Speaker 3: But she episode she's the TBA welcome.
Speaker 1: So what happened? Does she dump you?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I think I was kind of like, you know, I was threw my head into the ring sort of what baseball caps me, Yeah, yeah, threw my track yeah through it was a stove pocas you know, my old school romantic through the Willie Nelson for President trucky cat into into the ring and just.
Speaker 16: Got the no, I think we're just friends. You never you never forget.
Speaker 1: It's a scar, that's forever.
Speaker 6: It stopped on that.
Speaker 1: What was the first movie you ever saw?
Speaker 16: In the last one, first movie, you know what?
Speaker 3: Of all the questions, this was the most disappointing because I wanted I wanted the cool answers. I wanted the reservoir dogs or something like that.
Speaker 16: Is like, no.
Speaker 3: The first one was Young Einstein, which is you know, I mean, you know the title kind of there's no ambiguity there, you know what kind of film it was.
Speaker 4: And then we're young. Those kind of choices are made for us to.
Speaker 3: Well true because the second movie was Milo and Otis, so you know, Young olin Stein all of a sudden looking pretty pretty cool. And the most recent one was on Sunday, we took the kids to see Men in black and it was diabolical.
Speaker 1: To say I've not read a single good review, especially terrrible.
Speaker 16: It was cringe. It's cringe. Quite I was quite loyal to.
Speaker 1: The reviewer cringe.
Speaker 3: Bob Murphy, you could be the anti poster guy one star die.
Speaker 5: But Chris Hensworth is a big bulldogs guy.
Speaker 16: Here's a big bulldogs guy.
Speaker 5: Let's give him this guy.
Speaker 1: He won't he won't hold back on the cringe fight.
Speaker 16: No, that's right.
Speaker 1: I just you know he calls cringe.
Speaker 16: I call a spider buddy Jack. You should know that about me.
Speaker 5: Well, I hope Chris is an upcoming guess on, Bob, so you can tell.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe you could have been And maybe that's why I'm being so hash.
Speaker 16: Maybe maybe he turned it down and then that's not that's just hearsay. Maybe he said, no, I start.
Speaker 1: That rumor right now. Have you seen Rocket Man?
Speaker 16: I haven't. I know you're amusing. Well, I need a babysitter so that if.
Speaker 4: You and the kids and you ussage want to come to the movie with us tonight, we're hosting an advanced screen Toy Story four.
Speaker 1: If you want to come along, you're more than welcome.
Speaker 3: My gosh, yes, it's a yes, yes from the north kit.
Speaker 1: Judge, give you that over and see. Could be plenty more of this if you switch sides.
Speaker 3: You brought up a mandy enough for Jack sort of talking about the Grand Finals.
Speaker 16: This is a This is a.
Speaker 4: Hurt chamber during during the ants where normally, you know, I try and keep the energy going. Jack went the other way and start asking about the worst day. You're playing for the Grand Final?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: She said?
Speaker 1: He owns a top and Bob starts to cry.
Speaker 5: I know we have to go to the news here just quickly. How do you reflect on that day? Positive?
Speaker 4: I'm not going.
Speaker 5: For the Bulldogs water Grand Final twenty six sixteenth, but so sad you didn't play.
Speaker 16: I just listened to Nick Cave records in the dark. Jack, clearly it's.
Speaker 1: A negative respective, that's the end of our chat. We've got to get to news. Is nine o'clock fair enough? And what a great way to end it with?
Speaker 16: Wow, I can't wait for the rest of my Dame. This great.
Speaker 1: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: Up until the last minute, I've really enjoyed our chat. Okay, I'll speak to Jack about chatting to guests. Bob Murphy, you've got to come back on. Thank you very much, great, thanks, take care a good see mate. Thank you Jack. We'll speak after the show.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: All right, god one of four point three. Good morning.
Speaker 4: It's to Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Your chant's come and join us tomorrow night. Then we go hosting an advanced screening of Toy Story four. Disney picksars Toy Story four Ventures into Cinema this Thursday or the twentieth. You can see it with us tomorrow night. On Today's at work time waster this morning. I don't think any of us knew its International Picnic Day.
Speaker 6: I did good day for a picnic.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's International Picnic Day, and because people often have them on a Tuesday, pats some in the weather that gets in the way of having that Tuesday picnic on International Picnic Day. We're looking for your picnic movies, okay. Bill and Ted's egg salad adventure. Oh that's a gold isn't the word egg salad?
Speaker 1: It makes me feel sick.
Speaker 5: I doesn't sound appetising just.
Speaker 4: Seeing that old egg like that egg salad. I know what you ate last summer. But it's egg salad adventure. That's a good life of pork pie.
Speaker 1: Good three men and a little lunch box.
Speaker 4: Take on your picnic, good grill, hunting better, point blanket. I'd have the blanket if you're going for a picnic, point blanket. That's my last picnic. Movie is a rug's life?
Speaker 5: Good God?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: What have you got?
Speaker 5: Jacker?
Speaker 1: Picnic movies?
Speaker 5: The Witches of Picnic?
Speaker 1: What you just put picnic at the end of it? I say Schindler's Picnic.
Speaker 5: The Witches of east Wick. Isn't that a film? Yes it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's a big movie. But you can't say picnic. It does not sound like Eastwick.
Speaker 5: The Witches a picnic. I am sandwich.
Speaker 4: That's good. That's good. It's got to be egg salad sandwich. Though for the classic picnic sandwich.
Speaker 5: Father of the Bread Cracky, you're right, well, this one is good, but it's a visually good one.
Speaker 1: So we'll really work on the radio.
Speaker 5: Snacks on a plane and plane is spelled p and aim.
Speaker 4: If you ever got to spell something out on the radio, it doesn't work.
Speaker 5: Okayl Ai, stop a large grass working.
Speaker 1: All right, send me your Picnic movie.
Speaker 4: He's now on four seventy five three one oh four three best one We're get in ten minutes time. We're sending the Toy Story four with us tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: All right, today's that work time waste, so let's mark them now. The best one gets tickets, come and join us tomorrow night. Our movie cover is back rocket Man three weeks ago tomorrow night, twenty four hours before it comes out Disney Pixar's Toys Story four.
Speaker 5: Special guest in attendance Bob Murphy.
Speaker 1: All right then, so let's go.
Speaker 4: This is International Picnic Day to day and we're looking for your picnic movies. I know what you did last picnic head start branz It's not the strongest, is it be?
Speaker 1: Sandwiches of Eastwick? Can we move on from the which of this is Jack's fault?
Speaker 4: Plus Glennon, Doreen cassa blanket, very good gold, Greg and Dandenong nice work, Thermos and.
Speaker 1: Louise, Oh clever, I sh think of one about the classic flask.
Speaker 4: Mark's back in Frankston, South, Good morning mate, fight rug you know the first rule of fight rug gold, the lunch pack of Notre Dame. He's a really smart this morning plus, way better than ours. The Lord of the napkin rings, who takes napkin rings on a picnic? The Royal Family Silver apparently lives in Campbellfield does Cheesy Rider Silver inglorious baskets, the old Wicker baskets gone in sixty sausages Silver, John Wicker Basket, Gold, reservoir Dogs on the leash, please Kirsty Genius. Edward's salad hands silver nine and a half dips instead of nine and a half weeks, saving Private Ryan a sandwich.
Speaker 5: Gold plus.
Speaker 1: That's the Sisterhood of the Traveling Ants.
Speaker 5: I was trying to think of any because.
Speaker 1: They ruined pnic.
Speaker 4: You know two things that ruined picnics, Ants and wasps and an except um no country for.
Speaker 1: Old bread silver, the gooda father ring post this happened.
Speaker 4: It must be the Peninsula a crew when Harry met salad Silver. The girl with the picnic tattoo? Has anyone got a picnic tattoo? I mean, I know they're all kinds of wonderful tattoos you can have. Imagine you saw someone with a wicker basket and then a thermos flask by that would be amazing gold. Oh yes, there's something about marinated olives. Bronze, dude wears my picnic blanket silver and finally Brady Munch silver plus.
Speaker 1: Who's winning the tickets?
Speaker 5: I think lunch Box have knted down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very very smart, Thank you very much for those they were brilliant. Enjoy receiving whites two for one tickets with Lumo Energy's Lumo Flicks Plan.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast show Men's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 4: Wow we this this how the show where that pats out of the news cage and she's that No, no, no, I'm just going to say what I see? It is magnificent. Can I see now?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, no, wow? All right, crow Deville rock in that? What is that? It's a possum.
Speaker 7: It's a fur scarf and it's so warm. Audrey's petrified of it. My seven year old.
Speaker 6: I think she's convinced it's a dead animal, but it's not. It's fake fa what it was?
Speaker 4: And wow, is I see a coiled deadly animal. There's about two pounced a day at five o'clock. Let's just remind ourselves of what's happened. That's he ordered a birthday cake for her beautiful daughter Audie, Birthday Saturday, big party.
Speaker 1: You've got a plan all this stuff.
Speaker 4: That's it. You put money, you said, is someone, can you give us? What an amazing cake? What happens when you go to pick up the cake.
Speaker 6: It's not done.
Speaker 7: It's just a slab of pinkness, sugar eat pinkness.
Speaker 6: That's like starting to fall apart.
Speaker 7: Nothing on it, no decorations, not even you know, there weren't even candles on it.
Speaker 1: Oh that's shocking.
Speaker 4: Come on, if you're going to pay, you know, one hundred bucks, it's a lot of money, you know.
Speaker 1: So you've got to leave. You haven't got time. You're running late to get to the party.
Speaker 7: Yes, so I had to make do We got their half of it had slid off onto the.
Speaker 1: Business. So you give them a threat like a mass.
Speaker 7: Well, I rang her. I had to go on Saturday, like, I didn't have time to have it out with the woman. So I just hate it because I had to get out of there. We're already twenty minutes late because it wasn't ready, So I rang Her yesterday left a message no one, you just give me.
Speaker 4: A rough idea of how out way, because I know what's like when you're angry, and it is No.
Speaker 7: I was very contained and professional. I said, hey, listen, it's some Petrina here wasn't very happy with the cake that we collected, which you probably.
Speaker 6: Would have heard from your colleague.
Speaker 7: Would you pay me the courtesy please of calling back so we can discuss this matter.
Speaker 5: It's the calm before the storm.
Speaker 1: It is a what a storm?
Speaker 6: And nothing so funny?
Speaker 4: I mean, what a fun voicemail to get at work on a Monday. You have five minutes chilling, so she's got so.
Speaker 7: She's got a deadline of five o'clock before I go all brutal on social media.
Speaker 16: Okayret you go.
Speaker 1: When you say all brutal, it's upgraded.
Speaker 4: Started this show, you described it as a full on social media assault.
Speaker 1: Now brutal, what does that mean?
Speaker 6: Well, there'll be photos and said business mentioned.
Speaker 1: Please take it.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not just celebrated a year online is on air, You've got to be careful.
Speaker 7: It's my personal Facebook account. I actually have my maiden name as on air, so it's my marriage.
Speaker 4: You're not.
Speaker 6: No, that's my maiden name.
Speaker 1: Right, What have you got like an embarrassing name or something?
Speaker 6: No, but it's tiff or something like Tiffy Nutkins Trump. No to pronounce with my first name.
Speaker 1: Do you know it's it's a terrible thing.
Speaker 4: So I hope you get I hope it gets resolved, and you know, the fair thing and right thing happens.
Speaker 6: Don't even need, however, all the money.
Speaker 4: I've afraid another part of me hopes that nothing happens, and then I'll be sat on your maiden name Facebook page ready for you to go full brutal assault on some poor cake business.
Speaker 5: And did you just right?
Speaker 4: She goes, and I don't need all the money back you're making threats now.
Speaker 1: You really are like.
Speaker 5: Back?
Speaker 6: I think is a just good wheelchair jack half.
Speaker 5: Good luck?
Speaker 6: See how we go.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to find out from one point two things right, let's all let's all just wait and see if the world rocks at five o'clock today, if Patsy's not here, knowing that you start to use the radio station and suddenly.
Speaker 1: Use and just crush them.
Speaker 6: No, I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: Is if I was your thing, I'd use that all the time you want to hear this.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow Morning Prime eighte o'clock Melbourne's Worst cake Business. This has been named and bang you put it straight in there, you move on to the next news street.
Speaker 1: It's over.
Speaker 6: I can't do that right now, my job.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, but let's find out what happens at five o'clock today, The.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Huggy is coming up next.
Speaker 4: You got more hourly chances to get on the phone contacts list for the five thousand dollars phone called this Friday.
Speaker 1: Title of today's show can only.
Speaker 4: Be Newsmaker versus cake Maker five pm Showdown Today. I can't wait to find out what's gonna happen. Thanks all for listening. Will speak to you tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: Have a great day.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three