Speaker 1: The Rising Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the Yugen Bay region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and terrestriid islander peoples today. Hello, and welcome back to the Rising Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things.
Speaker 2: And then the idea of been like chasing after a ball, but then like trying to pick up what they.
Speaker 3: Miss trying to pick up the ball, and they're like chasing.
Speaker 2: After and you're like I had a dog, Yeah, like like a.
Speaker 3: Tennis ball, like a ping pong ball.
Speaker 2: Oh god, no, that's great.
Speaker 1: Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Potty. It is your host, Georgie Stevenson, lower turned entrepreneur, mum, business owner, all the things, guys.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Fridays are our fun g hotline episodes where you give us your life dilemmas and we provide you with very unqualified two cents on the situation. Except today we are joined by some very special guests. Sal and Awl from the Two Broke Chicks podcast join me and we chat about all things love, dating, and just going through life in your twenties. I've been in a relationship since I was seventeen, so I loved having the girls on because I didn't know a lot of these things and it was just hilarious. We talk about X, we talk about red flags, green flags, all the things. We have so much fun. These girls are just they're so funny. They are too much. You guys are gonna be obsessed with this episode. But before we get into the show, can I tell them?
Speaker 4: Sure? You can tell them again.
Speaker 1: I haven't told them, but pretty much have.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I tel You's about as subtle as a gun when it comes to launching what like, I just love being transparent was with a little secrecy.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 1: The field hight All right, guys, you've probably seen it all over my Instagram, and if you haven't guessed it by now, you're not a true R and C fan. Let's just say that, so we have officially. I think you guys will see a bit later today.
Speaker 4: No, they'll see it on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, all right, So we officially are going to announce us on Sunday.
Speaker 4: But because you're my gang, you're the club we want to remember. Watch you for listening to the podcast We Love the rn C Club.
Speaker 1: You guys may have seen, but we're launching a beautiful rn C time stamped Sunset water bottle. It's not really sunset, it's our brain colors, but that's the fo So I've you may have seen the sample a lot in my stories, and it's because I've been using it for a very long time and I'm just obsessed.
Speaker 4: It's so bloody cute, it's stunning.
Speaker 5: It's like I loved it when it first got here, and every time I look at it, I just love it even more.
Speaker 4: A two years obsessed. But basically these are launching on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned. But we were just thinking we want to do something fun at the end of the year, and how fun would it be if you know, you're sitting on the bus walking across the road and you see someone with a beautiful rn C water bottle and he would love it. You just give them the nod like yeah, you're in the club.
Speaker 4: So more deeds of that will be on our Instagram you can check that out.
Speaker 5: And join the Facebook group if you want to see it right now, because we did goat Brogan there.
Speaker 1: We just will of course we tell the fate the FB group first. Yeah, it's important, but quick recommendation for the week of tcau epis long.
Speaker 5: Mine is just to do something outside.
Speaker 4: The water is the weather. The water. You haven't been in the water.
Speaker 5: The weather is stunning on the Gold Coast, and I forgot how refreshing it is to just like go for.
Speaker 4: A walk outside because that's not something I do often, but everybody here does. Simple reminder, but it's important.
Speaker 5: Yes, what's your recommendation this week, Georgie.
Speaker 1: I've got a very basic bitch recommendation and it's the book you've seen everywhere.
Speaker 4: It's all over TikTok It ends with Us by Colleen Hoover. I'm obsessed. I get hype. It's so good. Is it traumatic though?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, like it's definitely definitely trigger warning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just it was hugely insightful because I guess to understand how I feel like you can really put someone in a box in a certain relationship, and it was really really insightful to like, understand how that person felt and maybe you know the option.
Speaker 4: She had, et cetera.
Speaker 1: So I found it really insightful. I personally love a love story. And yeah, I bought the second book and currently reading that. So it's probably gonna be next week's recommendation, but it was great. Do you recommend I.
Speaker 5: Will give it a go.
Speaker 4: It's on my bedside table. Let's get into the show.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sal and Owl, I'm gonna call you all episode. So, first of all, before we get into the fun Friday hotline questions, can you just tell us a little bit about you?
Speaker 2: Sure one of you to take? So Saal and I have been best friends for six years. We met both working as shoppingjournalist. Well, I worked as a shopping journalist. Sour worked as a finance editor, so my job was a lot more fun. And we met because South told me she liked my geenes. So like from that point we were just like best friends. Within one month, we had matching tattoos. Oh my god, yeah yeah, we both had like it's a rose, Like, it's so basic, it's so late.
Speaker 1: We went to a tattoo expo. We were like, let's get tats.
Speaker 3: Now we have four matching tattoos.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, we can't do anything to get another one.
Speaker 4: Yeah on this.
Speaker 1: Trip yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And so fast forward now we have our podcast together.
Speaker 3: Two boat chicks, we would say, now and yeah, it's just vibes. Basically we're the same human being.
Speaker 1: Two psychopaths a bit different. Yeah, it's like the same particular. Yeah, we're either like.
Speaker 2: Completely the same on something or like polar opposite. Yeah, I love.
Speaker 4: A different opinion.
Speaker 3: But were we saying how you're like the cold one.
Speaker 2: Like no, no, no, like that friends someone like yeah, yeah, when someone's like, well we don't like something called like someone's mean or whatever it is, Sour will be like the ice queen and I'm like an Aries, So I'll be like fire and be like like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what's like TikTok trend And it's like, oh, Golden Retrieve a black car.
Speaker 2: Ye yeah, I'm the Golden Retriever. She's a black cat.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What star signed?
Speaker 1: So you're Aries and I'm a Pisces.
Speaker 4: Interesting balanced? Yeah that is really balanced. I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's your star sign?
Speaker 4: I'm a Leo.
Speaker 3: Into it, yeah, spicy into it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We always say that I'm the peronification of a spicy mug.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in a person.
Speaker 4: I would agree love.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so how did the podcast actually eventuate?
Speaker 4: Like whose idea was it?
Speaker 1: How did it kind of get picked up?
Speaker 4: And tells the.
Speaker 6: Goss Well, pretty much, our bosses saw us interacting in the office and saw us being BF.
Speaker 1: So you're working at the same place, yeah, and that's what magazine or Finder?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're still working there.
Speaker 6: But yeah, our bosses saw us interacting and saw us being BFF, and they were like, we need to do something with these two talking heads. And there'd been a few different podcasts at the company that we worked at before, and then we were like, you know how besties are always.
Speaker 1: Like we should have a podcast.
Speaker 6: We were like, we're actually sure, Like we're so fanny, They're like, shut up, but yeah, So we pretty much just pitched it to our work and they were like, yeah, we may as well make.
Speaker 1: You some the fact that you do never shut up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Everyone at work was like when our desks got moved next to each other, because obviously we worked in different teams, yeah, but when our desks got moved next to each other, everyone at work walked past that day and like, who thought this was a good idea. They were like, what who approved? And we'd got like when they got moved next to each other. H. I was like, you guys have been given a chance now, so like you need to They were like, you need to make sure that you don't take advantage of the fact that you get to sit next to each other.
Speaker 3: And we definitely got an always.
Speaker 4: Complaint and we definitely did take advantage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, yeah, we got like because you could send in like feedback, and someone was like, sound out, like a really good relationship with each other, and it's so nice that they can be best friends.
Speaker 3: But do you think that they could maybe keep it down at lunchtime? And we all like.
Speaker 4: Rude, So sure, sorry, probably so valid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was definitely valid.
Speaker 2: But then the next line, someone was like, why are you guys being so quiet because normally lunchtime it's like sound algia usually.
Speaker 4: Lunch and show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I was like, why are you guys being boring?
Speaker 6: We got in trouble, were giving people what they want exactly, We're got in trouble.
Speaker 1: And so do you guys still work, like, like do your other jobs as well as the podcast?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we've kind of moved more into like sours moved more into shopping journalism, and we kind of do that alongside Two Boat Chicks as well, because that's kind of how the brand started a little bit, like Two Boat Chicks was a lot more about shopping, and yeah, it still is, but then we kind of spread out into more like lifestyle content and things like that, and then it's just kind of built to be everything, but we still have crippling shopping addictions.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I was going to ask, so, like the name, I love it.
Speaker 4: Did it literally just come from shopping?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was going to be two Broke Girls, and then there was that TV show do you remember the one? And it was like ages ago, Maybe not.
Speaker 4: It's the two things.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah it was two Broke Girls. And then legal was like you can do that. So we were like, all right, two Broke Chicks, crazy idea to shake it out.
Speaker 1: They're like, we love it.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing in like Brooklyn nine and he's like showing the photos.
Speaker 3: It's like it's the same photo. It's the same. Yeah, but yeah.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: And I love anyone who can take, you know, their passion, something they love doing and turn it into you know, I don't want to say the word job, but that sort of thing like that's incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we feel so lucky.
Speaker 2: Like obviously you would know as well, like you work across so many things and so much content creation as well, that sometimes you can be like like, work can always be annoying, and sometimes whenever we're having those moments being like.
Speaker 3: Oh there's so much to do, we're like, wait, we have our dream job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I've stopp being ungrateful little solks and reality too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to remind yourself. And I'm sure you guys have had previous jobs.
Speaker 4: That you didn't love.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and you've got to kind of like think back to them. That's what I was doing, and I'm always like, it's fine, I can get through this day.
Speaker 2: To be honest, I think my job when I was fourteen was pretty up there. I worked in a patisserie, so I'd get free pies and cupcakes all the time.
Speaker 3: How I wasn't the side.
Speaker 2: No, it was just like a cute little like family one just down the road, and I was like great, and I'd come home with like a loaf of bread pies. Mum was living the dream.
Speaker 4: I worked at Hogs bread and would eat all the food.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, the best, the best.
Speaker 4: I worked at a chicken shop and I was the same.
Speaker 6: I feel like in the hot chip traving like they're like, there's customers. I was like, I'm showing them how good the product, Like you're fine.
Speaker 2: I worked at Grilled as well, but the legal reasons we worked we won't the home expand on that Okay girl away as well. But you know, slovelover, isn't that funky?
Speaker 4: Noted noted. I was about to say, do you guys.
Speaker 1: Have any other previous fun jobs that used to do before the funnest job you got?
Speaker 6: Well, I still work as a freelance music journalist on the side, so I've written for like Rolling Stone and music Feeds, So those are probably the funnest ones, like just interviewing getting paid to interview bands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, Yeah, that's incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I worked as a nanny and that was a vibe because I just got to watch Disney movies all the time.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 1: I was actually talking to my husband about this the other day because we get a babysitter every now and again when we like do date night or something like you but no joke like Ivy goes to bed at like six and we're not home till nine, and like Nanny just tells us that she does her own like other work, so she's like technically getting paid.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, I love this for you.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, when Ivy's awake, she's such a chill baby, chill just like watch TV and like give her a bottle, and like, I thought.
Speaker 4: This is great.
Speaker 2: It was great because the one thing I always hated about, like working in hospitality or retail, is like you only get a one in a lunch break and I'm always hungry. Like I'm just always hungry. I love to eat, so yeah, and so then I can't eat all the time, Whereas I'm like, you guys hungry, I'm like, should we make cookies?
Speaker 4: But I love that? Yeah, so it was good.
Speaker 3: I'm like, all right, little momad of Lion King, what do we feel? I'm thinking a little my maid?
Speaker 4: But what do you guys want? That's actually I mean to him.
Speaker 1: Started watching Disney movies when Ivy was like three months old. I can't even see You're like, poor memory. Should we watch My Mana again? It was like we're doing this viby.
Speaker 4: Ivy.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, so let's get into our questions. So I'm so excited for this because, like I said off air, I have had the same partner since I was seventeen, so like, I didn't really date my twenties before Tim, there was like you know, one or two people, but like when you're seventeen, you fucking don't know shit. Yeah you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no one knows anything.
Speaker 4: No one knows anything.
Speaker 2: So I still don't know.
Speaker 1: Shit, I'm twenty six.
Speaker 3: Where where no no no learning?
Speaker 1: Yeah, life lessence And well so how.
Speaker 4: Long have you been with your partner? Fourteen years?
Speaker 1: Wow? Eating me?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, also fifteen yeah, so I'm twenty nine yeah yeah, so I'm eighteen, Like you're on a ship. I don't know where. I got a lot of wish keeper.
Speaker 2: We always say that we're like the opposite ends of the dating spectrum because I'm just like hopeless, like very single, and.
Speaker 1: He had a like long term boyfriend or anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I.
Speaker 2: Dated basically when I was like, I was in relationships for maybe like five years from like eighteen from then. I'm not even gonna do the masks.
Speaker 3: I don't even do a plus six bro.
Speaker 2: So that's why someone that was a plus six yank. And then from that, I was like, I just need to be single, like that was what I wanted to do, because for me, it was such a thing that I wanted to grow and figure out who I was, and I didn't feel like I could do that in the relationship that I was in.
Speaker 3: That's not to say that you can't grow into who.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to be when you're in a relationship, but I just obviously wasn't in the right ones that I felt like I was missing and growing more to like be their partner, not be me. So that's why I was like, do you know what, I'm going to go be a little hull for a bit.
Speaker 4: Breaking Coorage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're breaking.
Speaker 2: Free as the iconic classical musical works to say, and yeah. And so then have kind of like dated people on and off since then, But then I would like they either wouldn't like me.
Speaker 3: Shock, I know, it's.
Speaker 1: More out there they exist, can you believe me? Me and my dad always have this joke because we're both people seezers that if like someone doesn't like us, we're.
Speaker 4: Like, we are such nice people, how could you not like it?
Speaker 2: Or if I've done something wrong but sounds like no, no, no, it's not your fault because all her or then I've just gotten the.
Speaker 3: Equal got commitment issues, and I'm like, bye, well, yeah.
Speaker 1: You have like lots of lots of wisdom, lots of knowledge, so this is going to.
Speaker 4: Be perfect for this segment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so take all of our advice and.
Speaker 4: The RNC gangs like trying to listen his voices. We actually get that all.
Speaker 1: So first question, I love this. We're going straight in what do we like? What do you do if you realize you're dating a fuck boy you.
Speaker 4: Really like him?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's never gonna work, like it's just because as well if I mean, you know, sometimes you can lock him down, but let's be honest, chances of it's happening probably not. So I feel like if you're dating a fuck boy, he's showing fuck boy tendencies because if he was, then you wouldn't like if he wasn't doing things exactly, but like, so, what makes you think he's a fuck busy dating other people? You're not comfortable with that, then like that needs to be communicated.
Speaker 3: But if your feelings are going to.
Speaker 2: Get hurt rather than being like I conchanged him. We've all been there and then we all get hurt, So like, don't do that. I think it's opening the conversation up. Like what I would do is I would open up the conversation and be like, look like, I really like you, I'm developing feelings for you. Is this something like that you were also feeling?
Speaker 3: Don't do the what are we?
Speaker 2: Don't give them that power, be like I feel this, I'm enjoying this. I would like to continue it. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're not saying what are we?
Speaker 2: Nah, don't because it gives them the power to define it. So I would define it, be like, this is what I want. This is what I'm feeling. How do you feel about that? Do you agree or disagree?
Speaker 1: So you hold the power. You define it, and then you.
Speaker 2: Go and they can like either meet you in the middle, rather than you giving them all the options, being like you get to choose whether or not we're just having sex, or we're gonna officially date, or maybe.
Speaker 3: We're seeing each other.
Speaker 2: You tell them what you want and they can either say yes or no to that, rather than choosing whatever they want, because don't give them the option to just like string you along.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about if you've done that? You defined I want this, I like you. And they are kind of quite transparent where they're like, look, I'm not quite there, but I would want to be there.
Speaker 4: I did move on.
Speaker 6: And as well, like the traits of being a fuck boy aren't isolated, Like, they're also related to their other characteristics and how they treat people. So if they're a liar, if they're flaky, like that's going to show up in the relationship later. Like, I honestly think that that is like someone.
Speaker 4: And who they are.
Speaker 2: Someone being flaky is like sales most hate. Yeah, get out of my head.
Speaker 3: If they like if they bail on plans or like if they're like yeah, no maybe like I might be.
Speaker 2: Free this week and blah blah blah blah. It's just like the.
Speaker 4: Most commitment issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just the dating stage, it's like this is the easiest fucking thing ever, totally.
Speaker 4: And it just shows that they don't respect your time. Oh nothing annoys me more. Yeah, time is so precious. Oh yeah, And people give you.
Speaker 2: Their best when you first meet them, so they're not true if they're not giving you, like their best and making you feel like really special and all that, like sparkles, glitter unicorns, butterfly bar aps, Like imagine how shit it's going to of been like five years when no one makes an effort.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I say that to go hom I'm like, honestly, the start should be the most like magical time of your life. You should get butterflies like their feelings like and if it's not.
Speaker 4: There, I would be a little bit worried.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And also I think that that origin story of you dating is so important, Like I would hate to think back to the beginning of your relationship and when you're retelling that story and then you're thinking like, oh, actually they fucked a bunch of other people and lied to me about it, and like.
Speaker 1: That's our origin story.
Speaker 4: Like no one wants to bully me. So he was saving the speech giving the bridesmaid speech.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was really shit with breaking up with like my last boyfriend, Like we were so on and off for so long, and like I would say to Sal, I'd be like, oh, I imagine like the wedding speech if we got married and sales like there wouldn't be one so.
Speaker 1: I couldn't speak. So you don't want to hear what I have to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's got like a slideshow presentation of like twelve reasons you two should not get married.
Speaker 7: Number one I Hate You April eleven, twenty sixty twelve fifty four.
Speaker 1: Bit it is a bit like that, I definitely feel like at the start. It also kind of tarnishes things, like you will constantly think back to that time. I like, I would love to think that people can change, and like our whole podcast is about personal development, and you know that you can change as a person, but there definitely are key things where you just like.
Speaker 2: Hm, I feel like as well, when you're watching a friend go through that, Like I'm sure you've probably watched friends, Yeah, date fuck boys.
Speaker 3: You're just there and you're like, what are you doing.
Speaker 2: There's this term that I definitely didn't coin, but I don't know where it came from. And it's called dixand and it's like quicksand can I swear? Yeah, Okay, cute dixan. So so like you're stunning sand but it's dixan, So you have to stop having sex with the person and get out of the dixan.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so my next question, let's just say fuck boy. You both you know said what it is. You do like him, but you're like, do I just continue to no oxytocin.
Speaker 2: Oxytocin is like the chemical that releases in your brain.
Speaker 3: When you have sex.
Speaker 2: It's such a trick, and the more you have sex with this person, the more like oxytocin will be released and you'll relate that feeling to that person.
Speaker 3: I always say that there's like.
Speaker 2: A certain lim it on, like how many times I can have sex with someone at six? By the way, I get six because you're wondering, and then I'm like, ah, she I got feelings for them.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's the formula.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like if I'm like seeing something you.
Speaker 1: Don't want to have feelings, You're like five, I'm out.
Speaker 7: Stand kicked the door and I'm like wrong, Yeah, you're like West, I love that she's got you back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's like get out of there, get.
Speaker 3: Her out, get her out, Redhoy.
Speaker 1: It's amazing that you figured that out though, and you're very self aware about it too. Have you ever been in that situation where you know exactly what's happening and.
Speaker 6: You're like.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I would just be like in my head and I was like whatever, what my feelings are fully gonna get her? And I was like fuck it.
Speaker 3: I was like, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Like when you drink.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you know you're gonna have the worst hungover, but you're like, oh, look I've gone this far.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: So and I would be all night. So I'd be like, anyway I'm going.
Speaker 1: She'd be like where are you going?
Speaker 3: I just look at her and she'd be like no, I'd like.
Speaker 4: Came down around a shop for me please.
Speaker 2: She's just like there with like the sad saloon, and I'm like I'm I literally have left sale, being like I'm off to go and make a terrible decisione Yeah. And so I was like she used to try and be like no, don't like stop blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: But at this point it's like, oh.
Speaker 1: You've got to make your own decisions.
Speaker 3: So that's the other thing.
Speaker 2: If your friends dating a fuck boy, I would say like, just don't get involved. Like you can to a certain extent, but like the more you invest emotionally in it, the more that relationship will start to come between, like your friendship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's exhausting, and then.
Speaker 3: Your friends will just lie to you, like I would like to out.
Speaker 6: True to me, I would give advice and have like a serious converse about it three times and then after that like they're on their own.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But then like I would communicate to al, I'd be like sick, but like I'm not going to give you advice. Yes, like of course I'll be there for you, but like I can give you the script of what I'll say and you can like read over, like my opinion's not going to change.
Speaker 1: It's like that TikTok it is. And that's what I would be.
Speaker 2: I'd be in that situation, be like, this is a bad decision whatever.
Speaker 1: It's for the plot. That's what we're saying, Yeah, make a bad decision.
Speaker 6: Love.
Speaker 1: Well, well, let's talk about because I was listening to an episode where you guys were speaking about I actually think you're speaking to someone else. But like red and green flags in a relationship at the start.
Speaker 6: Okay, so the green flags, green and red flags.
Speaker 4: Let's do green first and then we'll go to red.
Speaker 6: M So I think at the beginning of the relationship, the green flag is if they're they show that they're into you and you're not confused about that.
Speaker 4: So simple.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I love it because I think that so many people are.
Speaker 4: But like so many people by that though, like people are like.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, but I don't know, Like one day he treated me like this and then the other day didn't hear from him for four days, and it's just like it is that simple.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 1: I feel like men are quite simple, and it's like what you see is what you get exactly. So at the start, if they're giving you those questionable thoughts, it's like he's telling you what he how he feels, like the famous oult.
Speaker 3: If they wanted to, they.
Speaker 1: Would yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: And again, like I think it's a good sign for how they will communicate later down in the relationship, like when you're having serious conversations, Like if they can't even communicate to you that they are keen on you, how are you going to have like a serious and complicated relationship when you get into.
Speaker 1: It interesting next screen, Vire, would you say, he goes no, go, I didn't.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say, you just said communication.
Speaker 1: Would you say that's a huge green flag of they know how to communicate with you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think yes, But like to communicate in the same way, so.
Speaker 4: Like some people yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So like I am not a big texter, like I hate texting during the day. I hate being on my phone, and so someone that you.
Speaker 1: Were cooler, Yes I am not, especially where I've had a few beverages.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Hi, I like you. I much prefer a call.
Speaker 1: Interesting, but I just hate texting all day.
Speaker 3: So if someone was like texting.
Speaker 2: Me all day, I'd be like, this is too much, Like I'm overwhelmed. So like making sure that you're on the same page with how you like to communicate yah, and being like I just prefer, you know, like a call at the end of the day, just be like, hey, how's your day being bang bong done?
Speaker 1: Almost like yeah, making sure you're on the same page.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: So nobody's feelings are getting hurt. And I think another green flag, which you kind of mentioned before, is making sure that your love languages align. So if your love lianguage is words of affirmation, but the other person doesn't really like to talk about their feelings or you know, wear their hard on their sleeve and they're more like touchy feely, or they like to spend quality time with you, like you're going to be left feeling unsatisfied with that relationship if they're not telling you all the things that you want to hear.
Speaker 2: So I think that's really important too.
Speaker 6: Like you can have different ones, but I think there needs to be some that align.
Speaker 1: Would you agree that that's a conversation like you would want to have at the start of your relationship.
Speaker 4: That's completely I think.
Speaker 2: So that's always something that I throw out, and.
Speaker 4: I think, like it's good. It's a good icebreaker as well.
Speaker 6: Yes, I have a five minute quiz.
Speaker 4: I just need you to feel this point. Yeah, yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 3: It's more of a warning, like my love language is physical.
Speaker 2: Touch, so I will try to crawl inside your skin, like I will be like I need to be touching you all times the git Yeah exactly.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's the twenty twenty two version of what's Your Sign? So people are used to it now as well, So I think it's a good icebreaker on a first date as well, without it being too serious.
Speaker 3: But it's good to know what your own.
Speaker 2: It's good to know what their love language is and your love language is, because for example, like sours is all of them, she's very needy. Yeah, it's exhausting being her best friend.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 2: But so for example, if you're dating someone, like when I date someone, my love language is physical touch. That's how I want to be loved and that's how I show love. But if their love language is acts of service, then they're not going to feel loved when I'm giving them physical touch because that's not how they.
Speaker 4: They will not do anything for them. So I buy me a coffee now.
Speaker 2: But if I like, you know, go get petrol, go in and get them a kit Cat because I know that their favorite like chocolate, is a kit Cat.
Speaker 3: And bring that to them.
Speaker 2: That is going to make them feel so much more loved than like cuddling on the couch for half an hour. Yeah, so understanding, Like, so that is it's so important. It's not important.
Speaker 1: It's funny because yeah, I've been with him for like ten years and we literally did the test the other day and I did not.
Speaker 4: Guess what was yours. Mine was acts of service.
Speaker 1: So anytime you because time is such a thing for me if I just feel so overwhelmed and busy most of the time that if you can do something that gives me back my time, I'm like, oh, love, love, what was his His is words of affirmation, which I would not have picked.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then like physical touch after that, like a lot of men. But it's just so interesting because I didn't know that, and it was just it's funny now that I think of it, though, he's so huge on talking to me, and I'm just like, oh, I've like never given him that.
Speaker 4: I'm not a huge like I love you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was he is.
Speaker 3: You're like, you're hot, babe.
Speaker 1: Cas.
Speaker 3: He like says the most like beautiful thing to you, and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, kid, yeah, your wedding vows.
Speaker 3: It's like he has a big and you're like same, You're like.
Speaker 4: What he said?
Speaker 2: Can we just replay done?
Speaker 4: So yeah, I think that's so important.
Speaker 1: But in saying that, just off the communication side, I remember when I first met Tim, his communication was quite shocking that he almost didn't speak a lot.
Speaker 4: And I like, I've got a podcast. I love to chat, so I'd.
Speaker 8: Be like, I'd be.
Speaker 1: Like, talk to me about stuff. Yeah, And then in saying that, though it was such a huge thing, I had to constantly be like, I love talking, I love talking about deep tocket topics, pockets, deep my deep pockets.
Speaker 4: I love some deep pockets talking my love language.
Speaker 1: I love deep topics and I had to like instill that and then for him to realize and then yeah.
Speaker 4: Build on that.
Speaker 6: But I think you two were also so young when you first met, right, so he was also probably like growing into himself and who he was and being very comfortable, whereas I guess like you have to take you know, context is key, as we always say, because if it's with a thirty year old, you're like, nah, bro, like you should know yourself and you should be able to speak your truth by then, and you would hope is that.
Speaker 1: Something like you look for in looking at how this is I say, not yourself like a new person.
Speaker 4: Are you kind of.
Speaker 1: Being like, oh yeah, like you're thirty, you should kind of how you have your shit sorted?
Speaker 3: Yes and no.
Speaker 2: I think it kind of depends because if you go in with expectations or you go in with the type, you're kind of limiting yourself to learning within that relationship. So Jay Sheddy on his podcast, he spoke about how good quality relationships aren't ones that last but learn, so you kind of and that kind of sounds like what's happened with you and Tim is like you learned to, you know, have deeper conversations within your relationship rather than like going in and expecting them to have like all ticks down the line. That's just like not going to happen, and it's unachievable, and I'm constantly going to be like why A my finger and I an't down anyone. It's because they don't exist, no one. It's Henry Cavilly if you're listening.
Speaker 4: I think he listens to my podcast.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he does on our podcast.
Speaker 2: I was like, guys, send this to Henry cavill and we'll send you a jump up.
Speaker 3: And people did it, and.
Speaker 4: I was like, Bob.
Speaker 3: Then I found out he had a girlfriend.
Speaker 2: I've got two broke chicks for all, right. But yeah, so I do kind of look for certain things and there will be like certain little red flags like but that's just kind of what I want.
Speaker 3: Like if you know they didn't have a job, I'd.
Speaker 2: Be like, okay, like what are you doing? Yeah, and at like a certain age context, yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So like, well, let's chat about red flags and give me five red flags in a relationship.
Speaker 3: You're like, nah, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, a selfish lover.
Speaker 3: I hate a selfish lover.
Speaker 2: What do so like you know that doesn't know how to like just only cares about like they're they're all gasm you know, those guys that are just like I just like don't like going down on girls, but like I would really like it if you could give me a blowjob.
Speaker 3: Get the fuck out of my bed, now, get out.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 3: If you don't want to do.
Speaker 2: That, it's not but like I would just be like nah, or like they just don't really care about full play or anything.
Speaker 3: It's just like they.
Speaker 1: Almost don't care about your sexual love language.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we all have them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like they just just like yeah, they're just there to get off and then afterwards they like don't talk to you or like give you a cuddle or whatever.
Speaker 3: And they're just like, well that was fun, and I'm.
Speaker 4: Like ill, yeah, you know, okay, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah that and then if they don't like listen to you.
Speaker 3: So if they we all love to talk. I love telling stories, great storyteller.
Speaker 4: Drama about it, fine, fucking yes I am.
Speaker 2: But like if they don't listen to like my stories, or if they don't actually have an interest in me or my life and it's they just love to talk about themselves.
Speaker 3: Then I'm kind of like I hate that.
Speaker 2: I will sit there and I will pay attention, like if I ask someone questions because I love being like, oh if.
Speaker 3: You were a fruit, what would you be Like?
Speaker 2: I just like I love just random shit like that. I will pay attention to if they ask the question back. So true.
Speaker 4: I just with friends too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very are you even interested or is this a one way street? Yeah, because I tend to be someone who asked twenty one questions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so I'm so interested. I were't furious. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had a partner that was like, oh, I love you, I just don't know if I like you, And I was like, that is probably one of the meanest things anyone's ever said to me, because I know, like I'm a certain personality type, Like I know I'm loud, I know I'm larry, and I'm like incredibly funny, So.
Speaker 4: I think that he's modest.
Speaker 1: I know I'm a catch.
Speaker 2: Like one time, like he like had boys over at his and he was like, yeah, just calm, it's fine, Like you get along with everyone anyway. So I went over and I was like really like on the money. I was like written, but he was mainly the butt of all the jokes, but like take it, It's fine. And then he was like, can you not like you're at boys not like you're not supposed to be the funny one.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh boohoo, Like yeah, so if you're funnier, like yeah, funnier exactly.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to go easy on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. People that are like are also too dependent on you to just either like make the plans or like they need to lean on you too much because like I don't know if you guys could pick up on it, but I'm a bit of an extra it, so like I like ye all bat so I like, like, you know, being able to bring them to a party, for example, and then being like all right, see you in an hour and split up and.
Speaker 1: Just go like have a my one effect. So you could put him in a room and he can talk to anyone. And I went see most of the night. And that's one thing I've had friends with boyfriends that they've got to like sit beside them, and I'm just like, oh, I hate it.
Speaker 4: I lived together. I didn't need to be beside you at the party.
Speaker 2: The red flag is like when they when you're just their entire universe, which like sounds like a good thing, but it's not healthy. You shouldn't be like they should have their own life and you should be like vibing alongside it. But if they just like wanted to make me their entire universe, I would just be like.
Speaker 4: Hugh, I can't break. Yeah, it's not sustainable.
Speaker 6: I think kind of related to that is anyone controlling. So if you're out on a girl's night and they're like blowing up your phone being like where are you blah blah, or you know, like they try to make decisions for you or aren't supportive.
Speaker 4: Of you, or if they comment on what you were.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was just about to say that if a guy I've had that been like because I've got like giant boobies, Like they're literally huge, so annoying, but like half the time if I wear anything that's fitted, it will like to see them. Yeah, like and they'd be like, oh, are you're gonna wear that? Are you actually wearing that? And I was like, yeah, because my boobs look great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they look good.
Speaker 2: But then like on the other hand, I've like like I'm dating someone now and I like put something and they're like, fuck, you look good, and they were just like they're like I can't wait for just like everyone to know that like your mind. Yeah, you know, like that's like being like like I didn't care if anyone post to you because at the end of the night, you're coming home with me.
Speaker 4: That's the energy. Yeah, yeah, that's the vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I think like insecurity as well, like jealous jealousy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't have time friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, jealousy is so like sixteen and getting jealous about someone else being like a snapchat best friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would get the upset that I'm not.
Speaker 2: Gonna lie I like this boy, And then there was this other cheek that was always above me on a Snapchat and I was like, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I think that is a bit of a red flag though, right, just with mainly with Snapchat, Like it's fine for your friends to have female friends, Like, if anything, I think that's preferable because it shows that they have like some level of maturity to yeah, a friendship with someone of the opposite sex, but snapchats, you know, wishy washy, But also who's still using Snapchat.
Speaker 1: To say I don't have snapchats, so I think that's what like teenagers use these days.
Speaker 2: I tried to snapchat me like maybe a month ago, and I was like, what's happening.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to use this.
Speaker 2: I saw my bit mojie for like the first time in about seven years.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh my girl.
Speaker 3: I was like, I did not look at that.
Speaker 2: You know how you would make an avatar and it does not look like oh no, you'd be like, yeah, sure, I look like that. I've got green eyes.
Speaker 4: Yeah it was a girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guys, let's be honest. When we're not sleeping, we're pretty much our worst selves. When I wasn't sleeping as a newborn, I turned into just the worst. And she's sleeping now. But it just made me realize how important sleep is. And that's why my absolute holy Grail and H product has to be Moon Milk. Moon milk was also my idea. Moon Milk is our functional blend of unique herbs, vitamins, minerals designed to relax your body and mind and have a calming effect on your nervous system. So we honestly have the most amazing testimonies from our NH gang and it has been reported to help people sleep at night, help them to wake up feeling energized, and just put them in a really, really great relaxed mood. So we have a whole bunch of delicious flavors available. My favorite is definitely Rocky Road, but I know the og is just everyone cannot go past it. Basically, guys, moon milk is vegan, gluten free, dairy free, or natural, and I would be using this product as obviously to help you relax and unwind, but also if you're like me where you just want to finish the night with something sweet, So this is like my go to. I've had dinner, I make myself a Moon milk, I watch my Netflix, and I literally have the best sleep.
Speaker 4: And wake up feeling refreshed.
Speaker 1: As always, guys, I have my potty form a cheeky discount. You can use Rise and Conquer Podcasts at checkout for ten percent off.
Speaker 4: That is Rise and.
Speaker 1: Conquered Podcasts spelled out completely. Of course that will be in the show notes, and of course you can shop at Naked Harvest Supplements dot com. All right, guys, let's get back into the episode. Well, I was gonna ask you guys, like what are your biggest X. But I feel like we just covered them.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, no, I've got so many.
Speaker 6: I feel like there's a difference between red flags and X. We learn it on the podcast with Georgia Grace. So I think those were actual red flags. Now we can get into the petty IX.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so red flags are like legit, this is actual.
Speaker 2: Yeah, IX are what They're just like they're like a smaller thing that I'm like, I can't see you naked anymore. That yeah, okay, so when okay, the idea of them pointing their toes just like in any situation, just like just like you imagine they're like lying on the bed and then they just point their toes. I fucking hate it. Like I hate the idea of it, like imagine like like no, it's so grim that and.
Speaker 1: Then trying to think anyone do that because I just think about it.
Speaker 3: I'll just think it because then one time this.
Speaker 2: Like someone was trying to set me up with a dancer and then I was like and then I just pictured them pointing their toes and I was like just off, Like imagine when they finished and they're like.
Speaker 4: Just boring.
Speaker 2: I'm like, nah, I can't broke calls to match. I'm like, not on, not on that, And then the idea of them like chasing after a ball, but then like trying to pick it up but they miss.
Speaker 3: They're trying to pick up the ball and.
Speaker 2: They're like chasing after and you're like a dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like like a tennis ball, like a ping pong ball.
Speaker 2: Oh god no, that's grimm.
Speaker 3: And then the other one is and I didn't think of this one.
Speaker 2: I saw it somewhere, but it really hit when they like run out of bird and it doesn't move, like if there was like a seagull and they're like go and I was like, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: Sea girls like not even yeah, but this is not.
Speaker 1: It Yeah, so true though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are like like the three of the main ones that I think. Oh also if they like if you're in a public space like at the beach and then they start playing music out loud.
Speaker 4: I ha baruss.
Speaker 2: And it's probably like.
Speaker 3: Fucking levels by Vichy and I'm like turn it off.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it is, so every time.
Speaker 4: It's never like fucking queen I want. Yeah, Like if it was a c DC, I'd.
Speaker 3: Be like, you know, I'll let it slide.
Speaker 6: But yeah, yeah, it's so gross. My first one is a bad hand and shake. Yeah, so then you know immediately, especially when it's like the wet fish soft handshake that's just like has no conviction to it. I really hate that when people are rude to wait stuff that's my can't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 6: Like one time I was a teenager because I'm watch for four Gris and there was like, you know, some guy that I was, you know, going on a little date with, and he went like and clicked at the weight stuff and I literally was.
Speaker 4: Like, I'm going he was also like fifteen, so what was he doing so rude?
Speaker 3: It's like, mum, can I have my pocket money backers?
Speaker 4: That's probably where it was. And then I think the third one for me is bad taste in music, So again a beachy.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Oh I have another one really try lip bad just put some lip balm on Earth, the idea of like kissing like krusty flaky Earth, but.
Speaker 4: Also watching a man apply lip balm.
Speaker 1: Just I always like I was.
Speaker 6: Like that not doing it and I coming out with like kissable lips.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I do love so tim Odie recently so he's thirty, only recently has like started. I think he's like really, he's thirty and he's like I need to start looking, and he like has moisturizer. I love it because I'm like, oh my god, he's taking care of himself.
Speaker 4: That's like, what's the opposite to an neck that's hot?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's heart turn off.
Speaker 4: That's a turn off. That's an end.
Speaker 2: Yeah did we just make that?
Speaker 1: Damn?
Speaker 3: What are your it?
Speaker 1: It's so weird because like I haven't dated for so long. I'm trying to think, do I have any it?
Speaker 4: I feel like.
Speaker 2: If they pointed their toes, I agree, that's a big yeah, like, well this is done.
Speaker 1: Sorry, take an ivy. I think the big one for me and men is like how they treat others around them, just like says so much to their character. Big one for me is like if yeah, my favorite thing is how Tim can literally just be so dependent and do things by himself and also talk to anyone. So I feel like I've just met so many guys and their boyfriends and where they talk it's like so awkward or like yeah, don't make you feel very comfortable. That's like a huge thing of like if they can't hold a conversation, yeah, probably not as.
Speaker 4: Petty as you guys. But I think literally, now that I.
Speaker 1: Think of that, I'm like, that's so it's embarrassing what I mean. Also, I'm going to be super sexist here too, and like if they can't do like manly things like paying a photo for like you know, Tim is such a hands on, like handyman as the biggest turn one, and I think about all the time if like my husband couldn't do that.
Speaker 2: You're there, my globes in the house, He's like, oh, what's out?
Speaker 1: And I love the fact that he's like, yeah, I can just like do those things. Because I can't.
Speaker 4: I would hate like me trying to figure out those things.
Speaker 3: Yeah hmmm, he's got it covered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Okay, So this is something I would love to know. It doesn't have to necessarily be about dating. But could you tell me like your biggest life lesson that you've learned.
Speaker 4: I would say early.
Speaker 1: Twenties one each ooh, and it's kind of like it's going to be quite life changing changed you as a person.
Speaker 2: I would say that, like everything will change and you need to be able to like go without the people that will like come into your life might be there forever might not be, but like everything that happens is going to develop you to who you're supposed to be.
Speaker 3: So whether or not it is.
Speaker 2: You know, a really good relationship that maybe it didn't last, you still learned what you really liked in a relationship and what you didn't like in a relationship. Whether it's you know, a friend ship that you felt was going to be like your best friend for the rest of your life and maybe that didn't continue or it just fizzled, you lost touch, you still learn things about yourself within that.
Speaker 3: Can you tell them Italian? Sometimes I'm like, no.
Speaker 2: You'll make it the friends, but everything, like things will change, and be comfortable with that, Like lean into it because some of the people that come into your life and maybe some of the best best season of your life and it doesn't continue, it's still like a really nice memory and everything that you learn, all the memories you have are still really nice.
Speaker 3: So try to lean into.
Speaker 1: That almost, like don't be afraid of change.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but like the thing is, it will happen.
Speaker 3: Nothing is going to say the same.
Speaker 2: Something will change, whether it's your troll free ord know, nah, Like I like I like to kind of navigate the situation, Like I don't know how it's it, but like arias.
Speaker 6: A born leaders but like I think you like to take charge, but you're not going to get thrown off if like Aspana gets thrown You're like, all right, problem solving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm like I would say I'm pretty good at problem solving, and like that's something that I quite like about myself, like being like all right, this has happened, here are options, Yeah, how can we instead of yeah, and.
Speaker 4: Like not dealing with the situation, You're like, all right, what are we going to do?
Speaker 2: Movie? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And that's a change.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's not to say that, you know, I haven't had those moments when like, you know, I broke up with an X and I didn't have my like you know, really upset stage with that. I definitely did. It's not to say that change happens. I'm like, what are Iver Deck's back? I'm amazing and so emotionally strong.
Speaker 3: That is not OK.
Speaker 2: But it's just try not to lean into the negative part of it and look at the positive side and just adapt yourself.
Speaker 1: And I think also like going off that even I feel like every situation, even when it's like a quote unquote negative or bad outcome, there is always something that you can take from that that even evolved you as a person, you know, formed you into who you are, and if you can, like, yeah, lean into that rather than being like this is.
Speaker 3: Fun, Yeah, don't let it.
Speaker 6: You basically love that because if anything, you're going to learn what you don't like and what you don't want, and which is that's a.
Speaker 4: Real important in itself important.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think that my biggest life lesson from my early twenties is that you need to make decisions for yourself and for your best interests. So you can't think about what other people may want or expect from you.
Speaker 4: You just have to think about what's best for me.
Speaker 6: So an example of that was I was like living at home for ages and hated it and was just like so I was like ready to move out when I was like sixteen, and then I was like maybe turning twenty one, and I was waiting for like my sister and my boyfriend to be ready to move out with me, and I was like chasing them for years and years. It never happened, and then I was like I can't, like I'm just leaving and moved up to Sydney, and I was like, you guys will like either stay with me or you won't. And I was like, I have to put myself first. And it was like the best thing I ever did.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love that, she said, des Yeah.
Speaker 6: And it like completely changed like my career everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like imagine if I did, I'd probably still be down in fucking longer and then he never would have met me, exactly, get down there. Yeah you're young, you know.
Speaker 1: I love that so much, And like I often don't hear that advice.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's so refreshing.
Speaker 1: To be like, no, actually, you need to put your needs first because when you do that, that's when things like flourish. Yeah yeah, things work out.
Speaker 2: And if you have the right people around you, they'll want you to do that. They'll want you to do the thing that is in your best interest because they should want that for you as well.
Speaker 3: They should want you to be happy.
Speaker 2: So like, if someone around you is being like, oh but look at how that affects me, well, they're just thinking of themselves exactly.
Speaker 4: And that's why ended up happening.
Speaker 6: Like with my boyfriend especially, it was really hard because we were already in a like long term oh sorry, a long distance relationship. We're already like ninety minutes apart, and then going to Sydney, it was like we were three hours apart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then he was just like he.
Speaker 6: Got around it, realized we could make it work and we ended up moving in together in Sydney later down the track.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's about to say, it's almost like that make or break, But wouldn't you rather know sooner?
Speaker 4: Exactly? It's going to break later on?
Speaker 1: It's just prolonging it exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I think so many people can relate to that, whether it's like pressure from friends and their partner or expectations from their family, especially which I think it's really tough, but just gotta do you boo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love that so much. That's really refreshing.
Speaker 2: Whatever I'm making about decision now, I'm gonna be like just putting.
Speaker 1: Me first out.
Speaker 4: I'm like, no, you're not.
Speaker 2: I'm like shout out to see the shots for the plot.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: I love that. And I think also we tend to, I think, especially as we get older, like we think of everyone before ourselves.
Speaker 4: We're like, oh, what will this person think? I'll do this?
Speaker 1: And I don't want to make this person feel a certain way. But then you're almost if you're not living your truth, it's going to constantly build on you and you know, eventually drown.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: LUs. We like to always say, like, no one cares as much as you think they do. Like you were your own worst enemy, overthinking things, making yourself anxious. Everyone actually is kind of just vibing on their own, like no one's no one's sitting there watching you being like, wow, she looks weird. Those cowboy boots suck. Like no one cares. Like we were going to pilates for the first time and we're really nervous, and we're like, we're gonna look so silly, Like what if people are watching us and we don't know what we're doing.
Speaker 3: No one gave a flying hoot. No, no, no one cares as much as they do.
Speaker 4: Get invested in their own world. Yeah worrying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, before we get onto chatting some money and budgeting, because that's your zones of genius. I want to know, do we have a really funny horror dating story?
Speaker 2: Probably, I tell the lamb ragu one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, it's.
Speaker 4: So good, it's so cook okay.
Speaker 2: Literally, So basically I accidentally started dating someone that was in the same building as me.
Speaker 3: Don't ever do that.
Speaker 4: Was a life and how was it an accident? Do we not know?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I did know. We met at the Bins an romantic.
Speaker 2: But yeah, So we met at the Bins and then one night we had like drinks at his apartment because I was like, how great. I only have to go up a lift to get home. So that was very convenient because there's nothing worse than like waking up in a boy's bed.
Speaker 3: It's like eight am, You're sixty minutes from home.
Speaker 2: Like you really need a glass of water, the pillows really uncomfortable, and you're just like, I'm like, this is it. This is how it ends. So anyway, we were having drinks at his and I was just talking absolute smack, like I was just having a Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was just like.
Speaker 4: I'm a tian.
Speaker 2: I was like, come over tomorrow night. I'll cook your dinner. What do you want, Like, I'll make you any pasty you want. And he was like, oh I really lamdragon. I was like done, say less, my king.
Speaker 3: I was like, I've got it sworded for you.
Speaker 2: Anyway, the next day I was hungover as shit, and I was like, there's no chance of hanging out with the boy tonight. I was like, I just want to look ugly, sit on my couch and watch the Vampire Diaries and anyway.
Speaker 3: So then I was kind of tossing up.
Speaker 2: All day whether or not to hang out with him, and it got to five o'clock and it was like six thirty and I was like, no, it's not happening. So then I called him and I like tried to bail and I was like, hey, I'm so sorry, I can't do tonight anymore, Like something's come up, blah blah blah. And he was like, are you serious, Like it's an hour and a half before we're supposed to be hanging out and you're bailing, which, you know, like fair enough.
Speaker 4: That was that was fair enough, Like I'll he lives in the same building. It's not like this laft.
Speaker 2: This was like.
Speaker 4: This is like the third Yeah, this was.
Speaker 2: Like the third time we were hanging out, so it wasn't like we were like months in, like it was still very new.
Speaker 4: And then oh he made you feel guilty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like, oh crap.
Speaker 2: And then I was like, oh, you know what if I just like throw back a glass of rose, I'll probably like, yeah, pep up. But he was like, you were planning on bailing all day, weren't you? And I was like no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: I was like.
Speaker 2: Busted, and I was like no, I swear I wasn't. Like I literally got the ingredients. I've been like, I started cooking, but like I this thing came up that I just I have to go and help my friend.
Speaker 3: And then he was like okay.
Speaker 2: He's like, well, given that you're already cooking, why don't you go help your friend and then like we and just have dinner a bit later. And I was like, okay, you know what, fine, I'll probably will like get back into it once I've had a glass white. And so I was like, okay, fine. By this point, it's like five thirty, and I was like, just come over.
Speaker 3: At six thirty, I look like.
Speaker 2: The female gremlin, Like I'm not looking good. I need to like wash my hair, do my hair, do my makeup, shave my entire body from like my eyebrows down, I mean eyelashes that would be weird. And then I'm like, okay, so I've sorted that out.
Speaker 4: So I've got like.
Speaker 2: An hour to get ready and then make lamb ragou. So I was like, do you know what I'll do. I'll milk run the ingredients. It'll be super easy. I look up how to make lamb ragou. It takes a minimum of four hours.
Speaker 1: Why because you have to slow cook it.
Speaker 4: You have to slow cook the may. And I was like, well, I'm vegetarian.
Speaker 3: I knew that. She was like, oh.
Speaker 2: Fuck, I've already said I'm making it. Oh my, I already said I had the ingredients and I'm making it because he accused me of baling, which I was doing. So then I'm like, and I can't make a different pusta because I already said.
Speaker 3: I was cooking it.
Speaker 2: So I was like, I don't know what to do. I'm gonna busted. So then I did what any normal, saying, rational person would do in this situation, and I uber eats ninety dollars worth of lamb ragu to my apartment. But it doesn't stop there. Then I got pots and pans out and I.
Speaker 4: Set the scene.
Speaker 2: I like separated the meat. I like put the pasta in like a different ball.
Speaker 3: I had it in a pot. I FaceTime with my mom I was like, Mom, how.
Speaker 2: Do I like keep this hot without overcooking the lamb and making it too hard, but like not overcooking the pasta and make it to And Mom was like, Alex, this is lying and I was like, Mum, we were so past that point out.
Speaker 4: So I was like committed.
Speaker 2: I got like bits of the sauce and like splattered it on the bench and like mad mutual medicine, I like got the strainer out and dirtied it, and then I took down like every piece of rubbish I own, because then if I hadn't taken down the rubbish, it meant there should be like if it's a packets or like meat packets, which there was, and because I was lying, and so then I had to take it so sad like the thought you I overthought this way much like.
Speaker 3: It was way too much.
Speaker 2: And then I literally took every piece of rubbish down, remembering this boy lives in my apartment building, so I've had to like scurry down and like put everything in the bin. But your gal got away with it. I completely got away with it. That he saw them, No, he was like he ate it, and he was like, Babe, this is the best lamb racko I've ever had. He was like, he was like, how did you make it? I was like, I can't tell you that mom would kill me in his recipe. I hope he doesn't go to Totty's basically because this before it's really similar. So yeah, that was my like misdoubtfire dating story.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, shout out to Toddy's. Yeah, I love extent you went to to be like, no, I committed, you will believe I was.
Speaker 2: There was no chance I was getting busted, absolutely not, and like.
Speaker 4: How like the rest of the night go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was good, but like that was kind of I had more fun doing that, to be honest, not fun like trying to get away with it. Then I was like, oh that's done. And then like a week, lady Who's like I'm.
Speaker 2: Still thinking about that lamb ragus the best I've ever had. I like see him around now, like we're not dating anymore, because I was just like, oh, this is just not the vibe, but he'll like we'll see each other sometimes. I still think about that lamb rago and I might like.
Speaker 4: Poor boy, you got one day.
Speaker 8: No, no, it's too already being like heys just like I've lived in an apartment before, and yeah, like you go to the beans, you go around the car park, you look like fucking shit sober.
Speaker 4: So yeah that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's mine.
Speaker 2: So if you ever need to make lamb raghu, make sure you have at least four hours.
Speaker 4: I did not knowed.
Speaker 1: Okay, well let's chat some money and budgeting. So this is your whole you know, the reason you started the podcast. I love that you're him shopping journalists. Yes, So does that just mean like you just know how to shop?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: Yes or no?
Speaker 2: So it's like, as like a shopping journalist, you kind of have to know what everyone's shopping for, regardless of like what we like ourselves, because we will wear pink cowboy boots and like snake print like pants, where it's.
Speaker 4: Like that's probably not everyone else's.
Speaker 2: Everyone else's spiel, they're like you guys look CORESSI. But so like it's things like Christmas gift guides as well as like sales what people want to look for. We do like a thing on our Instagram being like like you can send us what you're shopping for and we'll go find it on sale. Like it's knowing where to find things on sale or what sites price match so that you can like get the best possible.
Speaker 6: Yeah, love or like beauty joops, if you want to buy affordable beauty, or if you want to shop more sustainably, like helping people like make.
Speaker 4: Better shopping decisions. Yes, trying to.
Speaker 3: It's so bad though.
Speaker 1: She was a hashtag because I, like probably everyone else at the moment, I wanted to buy something from Jeff Avenue.
Speaker 4: And I was like, I've found a couple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, tell us some of your best budgeting shopping tip. It's a very broad question, but I'm sure you got some.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The first one is that sales mainly launch on a Tuesday or a Wednesday, So like if you're going to buy something and it's like a Friday, wait because if it's not on sale, it might be on sale that Tuesday or Wednesday. Like the Iconic is always on sale. That's like their business model, but every Tuesday or Wednesday it changes to something else. And same with like wherever you're shopping, like Princess Poll or Nasty Gal, like their sales update mainly on like a Tuesday or Wednesday, so that's when we'll do like the best sales of the Week round up because that's when all the new sales.
Speaker 3: Are going to come in.
Speaker 2: And then the other thing is if you want to buy something online, to put it into Google and then like the exact product name, like if you wanted to get like Converse Chuck Taylor Platforms, I don't that's not like the exact name, but you'd put that into Google and Google will show you all the retailers that stock it in like their little carousel at the top, and so you can actually like compare prices through that and from that go to like their policies roof. They have the little chat box on their website, be like, do you guys price match? So if you want to get it from the Iconic because you've got a gift voucher, but you know like JD Sports has them on sale, go to their chat and be like, would you guys and the Iconic does price matt so and you can do it that way is probably my two favorite, and.
Speaker 6: As well as knowing those weekly sail like seasons sale events. So there are so many throughout the year, but before the end of this year, we'll have Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and then Boxing Day, so we don't do any of our like big ticket item shopping sprees be on those dates. Really, like so planning that out. So Christmas is coming up, do all of your Christmas shopping on Black Friday and Side Monday. Get a spreadsheet or like have it or everything that you want to buy that's in your like must buy lists, and then have it in the cart ready to go, so as soon as the sail drops you can jump on it.
Speaker 1: This is actually something that I came across the other day that my pre a's twenty first was the other day, and I was like, what do you want for your birthday? And then she's like told me how she's got this like almost like a wish list.
Speaker 2: Cue.
Speaker 1: And then someone else was saying they have a wish list, and I was like, is this a normal thing where you almost have a document of like all the things you want?
Speaker 4: Do you guys have that?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 2: It's like twelve pages long. I'm like, what do you want for Christmas? She's like, here's a spreadsheet?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I have it.
Speaker 2: I have it on TikTok as well, so you know how you can like save into folders.
Speaker 3: I have like a two by folder of all.
Speaker 2: The things that like to because you know how you see something on TikTok and you like scroll it or you like it, but then like your light folder is like seven one hundred tiktoks and you never can find it again. So I save it to a folder of things that I want to buy.
Speaker 1: Do you guys have like a roster or something like? For example, I'm a person when when I like achieve a goal or something, I buy myself something. I'm that person and I love to treat myself in that way and almost I almost need to work for something for it to feel really special and nice to me. I'm talking more like luxy. Do you guys kind of have a roster of like how much money you spend or if you're you know, waiting for those like higher ticket things, or like what do you do in that situation?
Speaker 6: I think we always consider the cost per wear if it's all cost per use.
Speaker 1: Me too, Like that is like bags.
Speaker 4: I don't do shoes because I don't like shoes very often.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like guys toes. It is scary most.
Speaker 1: Sneakers most of the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So you're not gonna like splurge on a pair of gees that you give you like.
Speaker 4: Agony for the rest of your life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, whereas a handbag that you're like, this is a classic style that I will never fall out of love with.
Speaker 4: Yes, I will splurge on that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And there's also like a hack that you can do that we saw on TikTok as well, and it was like if someone if you want us to buy a new case, for example, and the phone case was fifty dollars, or someone offers you fifty dollars, Like, would you if I was going to give you the phone case for free or I was going to give you fifty dollars and you would choose the fifty dollars, then you don't actually want the phone case.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you value the money more than the item. Oh my god. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: So that's like a good way that you can do it, or working out how many hours you would actually work do that? Yeah, But then like that one includes maths, so I don't do that one.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, do I want fifty bucks? Yes, not a phone case for me?
Speaker 1: Interesting? Yeah, Oh I love that so much.
Speaker 3: That's like a good I think.
Speaker 1: Also another thing is for me personally, I love mixing and matching, like you know, high priced tans and low price items and not getting caught up in I guess like it it's whatever it means to me. It doesn't matter to anyone else. And it's like, am I going to value this piece? Am I going to feel like this is really worth it? Or is it just like trendy at the moment?
Speaker 6: Yeah, trending like designer bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Gucci marm On belt was like one of the best things that people could buy what like five years.
Speaker 3: Ago, and then like everyone had it.
Speaker 2: But then when everyone has it, I just feel like it's not special anymore.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's just like my opinion, and then it becomes a little bit cringe. But say if you do think no, I genuinely love this and will love it forever, Like yes, by it if it's on trend. Yeah, but it needs to be something that you know that you will love forever.
Speaker 2: We're really bad in terms of like when one of us is like, oh, should I buy this? Like like yes, we are each other, like you have black you know, You're like when I achieve something, I buy something.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I will. I'm probably the opposite.
Speaker 2: I want to buy something, but I'm like Joe, what I went for the gym three times? Last week I wrote an article I did my job.
Speaker 8: I just have something.
Speaker 1: In saying that that's still achieving things if I've even gone through like a bit of a like hard time Metal.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I just.
Speaker 2: Seroton, Yeah, a little shopping serotonin here. My like Postman's like, ell, what have we got today? And I'm like, wouldn't you like to know?
Speaker 6: Joe?
Speaker 4: I was a kids. Yeah, No, that's amazing. They are great.
Speaker 1: Tip Well, guys, thank you so much for coming on the potty. This is us and you you already offered, so we'll have you every hotline difect everyone's please. No, I appreciate so much. It's so lovely being in person, so nice, so nice. But can you tell the audience where they can find you all those good things?
Speaker 6: You can listen to our podcast two broa Chicks wherever you get your fine shows. You can follow us on Instagram at two Broke Chicks and on TikTok at two brow Chicks Underscore. And if you're out there and you're the person with at two Broo Chicks on TikTok, please linquish your power, will give you money know what is what's the TikTok someone?
Speaker 3: It doesn't even they're not even. It's just some random person that got too broke. Is your TikTok to broach Chicks Underscore?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, so you can follow us there. We also have a private Facebook group bro Chicks Club, and we're always chucking up sales when we see them in there.
Speaker 4: I'm joining.
Speaker 2: I put a video of Sala washing my face last night.
Speaker 3: We were a bit drunk in there today.
Speaker 4: So you'll get those two sales trauma.
Speaker 2: I was like to take off my makeup and Sale came in with like a WebWatch class.
Speaker 3: She was like coming.
Speaker 2: I was like help, Like that's if you want to see that too. Everyone's like leaves groups.
Speaker 1: No, you guys are honestly so much fun you know, I just love that with love this whole time.
Speaker 4: You guys are really funny.
Speaker 2: I told you, oh my god, one time, we'll do your partnership.
Speaker 3: And they're like, you know, we could go with like.
Speaker 2: Really pretty creators, but you guys are funny.
Speaker 1: And we were like I was like, no, we get it.
Speaker 3: Where ugly.
Speaker 1: You know what I love is like even on my personal brand, like when they you're really down to earth like good.
Speaker 4: That's all right.
Speaker 2: We'll take the personality card.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll take the w.
Speaker 4: Every day. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, thank you guys so much.
Speaker 3: Bye bye.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing. And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.