Speaker 1: Come on Higer, Happy Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It's the pickup. It's britt here, and I got a couple of co hosts with me. Okay, if you missed yesterday's show, we had a little bit of a would you call us bat would call disagreement, which was a bier like an old married couple that we are. But we're a well I don't know. Some people are into that manajera to our stuff.
Speaker 3: Haven't they got to work? We're a new age polyamorous old company.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're a polyamorous radio show. And we had a bicker because we like to do things exactly the same every day. And what happened. Hell, first, what happens is Mitch says hello first, then I say hello, then Britt says hello, but I didn't say hello second, and it threw everything into chaos. So here we are. Anyway, you did well it well, it's Brittany on the pickup. It's Britney's pickup.
Speaker 4: Why don't we go to like office works and get little like batons without speaking sticks.
Speaker 2: Like get an auction, because then I don't if we have to do that, we probably shouldn't be on radio. To be honest, good call, I have the speaking stick. Now my turn.
Speaker 4: How are you feeling today? Law's all your kids at home of knits. I know we're talking about it coming up, but yeah.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I needed a bit of buffer with that. Also, you know, I needed to. I was going to bare my soul on the show today. I'm trying to normalize the things that kids bring into that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: You kids come over from daycare, they bring home the cold, they bring home the flu, the COVID, the knits, you know, and currently we're dealing with something in our household. But I think I owe you an apology, Mitch. And that's what's coming up.
Speaker 3: Oh now that I'm excited for. Yeah, let's see if we get there.
Speaker 2: Probably not. I'll change my mind between now and the next break.
Speaker 4: Oh, Marshall's joining us too. She's to host this show, all right?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay, how in comparison to her, how do we go? As co hosts?
Speaker 3: Think she was fine, that's google able.
Speaker 2: I'm not so okay, can't wait for it to be next just say.
Speaker 3: I think at one point she was like, go.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be talking all things manifestation, Mitch. Let's keep on track here.
Speaker 4: And plus we have Oh my god, like prizes up for grabs thanks to Target.
Speaker 1: Next, yeah, Target's doing it's winter warmers. We're giving away after twelve hundred dollars every single day and the easiest competition you will ever have. You call up, you pick a number.
Speaker 2: From one to five and we're gonna give you some money. I'm sure Britney's here. Oh I keep it tight here, I run a tight ship. She does.
Speaker 3: All right, that's all. Next that cash up for grabs after this big show. Welcome to the pickup. Let's give out some money, ladies.
Speaker 2: Where to walmers.
Speaker 1: Oh, every day this week here at the pickup, we are giving away money and it's the easiest money you are going to win, all thanks to Targets winter warmers. This is it right, you call up. We have five boxes at the start of the week. Every day number one to five. Every day you call up, you pick a number, you win whatever is in that.
Speaker 2: There's really no skill involved, no, no, you can be doing anything. You could win this.
Speaker 3: So you got to pick the box.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean it's not really skillful though.
Speaker 3: It's more so of speaking.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was hopefully how that's going.
Speaker 3: You can speak, you can win, so.
Speaker 1: Today we have boxes one to four and five left and we have Tyler on the phone.
Speaker 5: Hello, I can speak.
Speaker 2: You can win. Every box has a different amount of money in it, right, like to spend a target.
Speaker 4: And now target like you can get. Obviously, it's cold and I've felt the Cold War. I think in this last week it's like really baked in.
Speaker 2: Don't you think if you finally realize it's you.
Speaker 4: Know how, but you know how, like the year in between seasons and once winter finally hits the chill.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: I just think this is an Australian thing. I think that every year we're like, oh, it's like, how is it so cold this year? But every year it is this cold. We just are never prepared for it. Look forward to the summer. What are you getting if you win?
Speaker 5: I'm getting things to keep me warm, mostly when I'm watching things so lond room stuff.
Speaker 1: Blank blanket like chill like you want to make a nest.
Speaker 2: I call it a net tracksuit pans.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm ye all the above.
Speaker 3: All right, Well you really can talk. He's talking.
Speaker 1: Well, para, you've got from box one, two, four or five.
Speaker 2: I'm currently holding box four. I think this could be a good box to go for shaking.
Speaker 1: It here, I've got five, and I have box one and two.
Speaker 2: What do you feel in Tyler?
Speaker 5: Look, I had two in mind that now four is stounding.
Speaker 2: Don't hold me to it. I have nothing, No, I have no idea. What's in this? So with your lucky number? Whatever feels good for you?
Speaker 3: What about five?
Speaker 2: No, no one cares about you mentioned.
Speaker 5: I'm not talking to.
Speaker 4: Me, Tyler.
Speaker 1: This is two, and this is one, and this is four, and this is five.
Speaker 5: I think I'm going to have to stick with two.
Speaker 2: Then purple box. This one beautiful goal bo lovely number two in a bed on the front. Do it faster than yesterday? Too long?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: I lean into the moment, Laura.
Speaker 4: You feel lucky, BRIT's engagement ring will fall off and you'll be a couple hundred grands Richard, all.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm ripping it.
Speaker 2: All right, it's another box. We're ripping that off.
Speaker 3: I'll throw that.
Speaker 2: What have we got in there, Tyler?
Speaker 1: A thousand, a thousand dollars suspender target?
Speaker 2: That is incredible. That is the biggest one we have here today. Yeah, thank god you went with your gut, because I wouldn't have turned out as well.
Speaker 1: But why we This is why we trust those gut moments, you know, it's for moments like this.
Speaker 2: Tyler manifested this you.
Speaker 5: Dear Tyler, thank you so much. Guys, that's fantastic. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: You warm yourself up on the couch. Enjoy, buddy, I will thank you.
Speaker 2: That's so nice. That's so much money.
Speaker 4: So much there, hey, speaking of Manifestation. Joining us next the Queen of Manifestation, Zoey Marshall. She's married to Benji Marshall. She's got a very successful podcast. She actually has hosted this show before.
Speaker 2: The podcast is amazing. It's called The Deep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a brilliant show. She's joining us next because she's launched a new platform. If you're hesitant or you're on the fence about Manifestation, she's going to try and sell us on that.
Speaker 3: Next. By ladies, I don't want you to get jealous.
Speaker 4: But our next guest is is the person that I started my radio romance with. My first ever radio co host a show on this network called celeb HQ almost ten years ago. I was a twenty year old kid, little baby, and I co hosted with a TV and radio she's a podcast host. You know her from a hit podcast, The Deep and her brand new manifestation space, a Rise dot com dot You. Zoe Marshall, So you're a famous manifest You've been doing it personally for years. You actually you read my taro. When we first met, you taught me how to manifest and now you're so good at it you've launched a Rise dot com dot au. But Laura, in preparing for this, was like, guys, I just don't believe in manifest eight.
Speaker 2: It's not that I don't believe in it. I just I am the skeptic like I do. Have a lot of questions about it. Firstly, for anyone in the cars, who's like, what the hell are they talking about? What is manifesting like in a nutshell?
Speaker 6: Okay, so lots of people misunderstand it is wishful thinking. I want a million bucks, it's going to land in my lap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good money. Money will rain down on you. And I was like, oh god no.
Speaker 6: And that's why it's a really bad rap. What manifesting is is having a deliberate intent, right, like saying I want a beautiful foreign husband with a bee, right, and then taking taking aligned action. You are opening yourself up for that thing to come to you. You're taking action, and then you're checking right because Britt, it never happens if you do not believe you're deserving. So you need to remove limiting beliefs. And this is where the neuroscience and the mindset stuff comes in. Right. It's a process, and then trusting. You have to let go that whatever is meant for you will find you. So it's not just wishful thinking. And that's why I've come in and gone, guys, let's do this. The course is so simple, it is like detailed. Take it at your own pace, and anyone give I'm not special, Bri. It's not special. You are, but you know what I mean, anyone, anyone can do this. And I love the skeptics. It's healthy to enter all of this with curiosity and needing evidence like I did that.
Speaker 2: I think, Zoe.
Speaker 1: Where people go wrong in the misconception is it's not this that you think it and write it down and want it and wish it. You still have to work towards it. But the idea is it gives you something that you're working towards.
Speaker 2: You make your goals when you say that, then that's if you're writing it down, you're working towards it. That's a goal.
Speaker 1: No, there's different principles. Yes, it is in a way, but there's different principles. I'm backing Zoe one hundred percent. I've been like I've done courses in the past, like Deepak Chopra, who's like this amazing Indian American author New Age Guru Meditation Manifestation. I've done loads of his courses and I can hands down say so many things that I have worked towards a manifested have come true.
Speaker 6: It is strategy, right, there's definite action that you need to take. But there is something about and you can call it spirit or universe or God or mother nature. Right, there's something that is higher than ourselves and it works for your greater good. And if you're aligned with things that you want, it matches that. If you're doubtful or you're negative, it takes you off course because it doesn't know whether or not you're manifesting money or you're manifesting I'm so broke. It brings up the same thing that you're calling in. So it's like a mirror, right, or a magnet. You just test it, Laura, you don't even have to believe.
Speaker 4: Just like, yeah, Zoe, I was going to ask, is there a little way we can all manifest now and see? Because I remember when I was getting into it, someone said, just think of a place. Think of a place now, and then you'll be shocked. You will then find yourself in that exact place in however long, and you and make it a really obscure place that you might not ever think you'd get to, And the moment you get there in your life, you went, oh my god, I remember having this thought in this moment. So is there a technique that Zoe skept sorry getting confused the skeptic Laura, anything she can do?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think she can start small. We call these micro manifestations. So it could be even like thinking of a pair of jeans or a pair of shoes that you really want right and then all of a sudden you see that it's fifty percent off. That's a manifestation. Or you're thinking about someone and then they call or they text you you bump into them, or you're thinking of I'm going to get the perfect castpot in a place that's impossible to park, and then bang, it's right out the front side. All of those things are micro manifestations that then lead you to have evidence to do the big macro manifestations like get engaged on a beautiful beach.
Speaker 3: To all Laura's children have knits.
Speaker 2: At the moment, I'm manifest clean hair for everyone. I'm a manifest free of knits.
Speaker 6: That you can do. But you also can never manifest for anybody else.
Speaker 2: No, I'm manifesting that for myself. That's what I want, for my family and for my life. I would like we've proved it, Zoe.
Speaker 4: If you want to get in touch, you can go to a rise dot com dot au manifestation space is live now.
Speaker 3: Also, you just celebrated your fortieth birthday this week. We love you.
Speaker 6: Happy, Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Mitch. I know we've gotten to the end of the show, but I have a very heartfelt apology for you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, would you we yeah, make sure we doub triply record this, milk. Yeah.
Speaker 3: This has never happened in the history of the pickup war, has never apologized over.
Speaker 2: Your especially not heartfelt on the air. This is heartfelt. No, I mean this, I mean this. Look a couple of weeks ago, you might remember that we played a prank on you. I said that I was bringing a parenting PSA, something to help the parents out there. And what transpired was you sitting in the chair right where you are right now, and I rubbed mayonnaise into your hair live on air.
Speaker 3: You said it was a nit treatment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well look, have a little listen to this. This is what happens.
Speaker 3: Still smell it, Laura.
Speaker 2: You can start to apply it.
Speaker 3: Please, No, you can't stop.
Speaker 2: Stop here we go.
Speaker 3: Don't have I just want the record to show.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So the thick consistency of mayonnaise smothers the adult lause because lous is a singular lice and the enzymes in the oil used in the mayonnaise stunt the growth while in the egg stage k the hair.
Speaker 2: Mayonnaise comb it through. Oh delicious, this.
Speaker 3: Is making me gag. It's cold on my scalp for some reason.
Speaker 2: Feel good, giant ham sub did el fel for in at the back smell you. Actually, no, I'm so grateful someone would have tried this and not known that actually gets a home remedy. That doesn't work.
Speaker 3: So the mayonnaise does nothing.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't. Terrific Okay. So the revelation in this was that I put mayonnaise in Mitch's hair. It's a home treatment for lice head lice, but it actually doesn't work at all. And yeah, look, you were the butt of the joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but in hindsight, his hair has never been so lush.
Speaker 2: But you did stink for a good week afterwards, and you've very egg Sorry. Okay, so well, because I'm getting there, I'm getting the hair. At the time, I felt very smug and I and I felt, you know, I quite enjoyed the fact that up until this point my children have never had head lice, and so I found it very funny to do this to you. And this is where the sorry part comes in, because karma got me very good. On the weekend, I was sitting there at a cafe. It was Friday morning, and I was with the girls, and Mary came over, my little four year old, and I was giving her a little, a little pat on the head. I was running my fingers through her hair, and she said, Mommy, my head is itchy. And I looked down. Yes, my child's head was itchy. Oh my god. That's because she was invested with head lice and then I looked at my other daughter and I ran my fingers through her hair and she was infested with head lice?
Speaker 1: Both did you run your fingers through your hair?
Speaker 2: And then I went home and I got a comb and I run my fingers through my own hair and I was invested with head lice. And I am so sorry because it was the worst weekend of my life. I spent Okay, our weekend was we did two treatments per day on every single person in our household and it was not good. So can you confirm now?
Speaker 1: Since they were sitting next to each other, Laura Burn and we've hugged multiple times, can.
Speaker 2: You confirm that your knits are gone? I'm still very itchy and I will apologize to you in a week brit for giving you headlice.
Speaker 1: I have so much hairspray my hair right now it's slipped back.
Speaker 3: I reckon.
Speaker 2: They can't be a trade like a helmet.
Speaker 3: So what did you do?
Speaker 4: You're not going to do the mayonnaise PSA Australia if you're listening, it doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Well, thank god we got to the bottom of that. No, No, the mayonnaise definitely doesn't work. Although their hair is very silk and smooth. No, I just went and got one of the We went straight to the chemist that. Yeah, you know, back in the day they used to shave all the hair off, use kerosene and shave all the hair off. So we didn't resort to that, although we're pretty close. No, we went to chemist ware house. It got the knit treatment. We did it once, but Paul Marley had it pretty bad, so I had to do it several times, and so it's just become like part of our weekend.
Speaker 3: You still do the glad wrap. You put the eucalyptus oil, ten.
Speaker 2: Minutes, glad wrap it in and then you have to use that horrible comb and drag.
Speaker 3: It through and you get the eggs all them out.
Speaker 2: It was, I reckon, probably one of the most hard bumbling parenting experiences I've had so far. I was so knocked off my high horse.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, that trump's wiping your bum with a kids sock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was, and like keeping poops out of the bar. But this was the humbling. Was just like, you know, we were out for a beautiful dinner. I was like, my kid's the nit kid. That's it. Then, not only is the knick kid on the Knit family anyway. I think that they're gone. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Mat, thank you for the official apology, and the jury is still out whether or not you've got them britches.
Speaker 2: You don't have to accept it either if you don't want to. The bad news is that we've spent so much time together over the last couple of weeks. I really would recommend you, guys go No, I'd really recommend going home doing a knit treatment. Guy No, I'm going to risk them to live on the edge.
Speaker 4: All right, us and our knits are back tomorrow. See you, guys, I see her