Speaker 1: One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten.
Speaker 2: We're all good? Did you need to clap? You have clapps? All this shit has happened and I've been oblivious.
Speaker 3: Hello, Mike, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Should be.
Speaker 3: The stuff the way.
Speaker 2: Speaking of superstars, we have the icon, the man, the myth, legend, the legend of the What else did you ask us to call you before?
Speaker 4: I would say some of the best hair about industry.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that, but I'd like to think I've got one of the best slash back ends in the non professional circuit.
Speaker 2: Trying it is Dave here.
Speaker 1: Great to be here with two of my nemesis.
Speaker 2: We are nemesises because not only did you knock Lizzie who out of the one point slam ruthlessly I dream.
Speaker 3: About it three am. I wake up.
Speaker 1: Well, I wasn't happy with her action to that that wonderful serve that I put in so and you hit the ball basically out of the stadium I did. And you blame my week service.
Speaker 3: As out of your little bitch if.
Speaker 1: You don't know about the one point slam that was you had to win one point and I selflessly decided to serve because I knew how nerve wracking. It would be for you to serve.
Speaker 3: Ah usy, what a nice.
Speaker 1: But I wanted to get my first one in because I didn't want to have to you know, that second one would have been really nervous for me. So I took a bit off it. But you couldn't handle it.
Speaker 3: I couldn't handle it. It caught me off guard.
Speaker 4: I was running shuffling, yes, and then I hit it too hard and it went out and got through.
Speaker 1: She could have graciously accepted the feet, but no, she went on the attack.
Speaker 2: Well do you remember Adam Hills was telling us all he's been like like thinking about the best strategy for weeks.
Speaker 3: I appreciated a coach.
Speaker 2: He had a coach and he was gone, you have to serve. He's like, I thought about it. I've been thinking about this for weeks. You have to serve. Whatever you do, take the serve. We got two chances. The pros only got one right and then he double faulted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that hurt. There was something that he foot folded as well. And if you don't get Adam only has one foot, so so the footfold someone who only has one foot is hard. But it was a computer generated isn't it now everything even when we played then it was is the computer says no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, a footfall on a guy with one foot is absolutely brutal. And because then he ran up and made a joke on the microphone about it and then ran back to the second serve and missed it.
Speaker 1: You know that I once played Adam in forty two degree heat in Melbourne and his plastic foot snapped during the game. And we went to and he didn't have a spare foot, so and we went to and the guys running the courts in albert Punk wouldn't give us our money back because I thought he was joking that he foot for your comedians. No, you paid, so we didn't even get money back. Well, he didn't get his money back.
Speaker 2: So it was tough, hot, like whatever the foot's made out of melted, melted, and then just snapped off. So that's good advice for any young players. Always bring a spare foot.
Speaker 1: Yes, and yeah, but I'd like to think that we're so hard that we'll play, you know, I'll play in forty degrees no worries. Really, middle of the day, middle of the day, full sun.
Speaker 3: You were your fact to fifty look.
Speaker 1: At my skin's already gone. Basically every every three months I have to go in for surgery to get like five spots cut off me and then I can't play tennis.
Speaker 4: From then you play in the middle of the day and I get it, yeah, undercover and get him under cover.
Speaker 2: So not only did you knock Lizzie who out of the one point swam we play, we played pretty consistently over the past five or six years or maybe the longer.
Speaker 1: You guys, that's really good because because Mike told me that and I forget stuff. But we went to the Australian Open final together, you said, And that was like twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty, so it was right before the big as was it called the plandemic, before the plan happened. That we went and saw Dominic team pushed Novak Djokovic to five sets. Yeah lose, and it was an amazing match. We're sitting right behind Rod Labor from Amory.
Speaker 1: I've had some great moments that the Australian Open finals once once was on the you know those seats that are on the court, those like lounge seats almost like yeah, yes, yeah. One year, the first year they introduced those seats. They let me, They invited me, and which doesn't happen that often anymore, but it happened then where I got invited to sit in those seats and I look beside me and I'm sitting next to Will Ferrell. Wow, so I'm right beside Will Ferrell and that was exciting. So I loved it. Yeah. Well, actually he said a load to me as well, because we'd met on Rove a few years before, maybe many before the TV show Rove, and he remembered me, and so we had a really good chat. And then he had to interview Roger Federer after the game. He said, I'm a bit nervous about it. I said, you've got this, well, you're gonna be okay, and he went, and so he wanted to do so I picked him.
Speaker 3: Up to interview Roger girls hype girl.
Speaker 1: I was. But that the end of that that tournament, they couldn't sell the seats for the final, and I just was desperate. It was Feeder versus Nadal in the final and they hadn't happened for years, and event I was trying to get a seat to the game, to the match, I couldn't get one, and eventually that was the only seats left with those ones at the front. So I paid for two secs much a lot, a lot.
Speaker 3: It was thousands tens of that.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, at least.
Speaker 2: Ten those seats because now like they just put influencers in them, and I always looked down and I'm like, that person does not give a shouts influencers number.
Speaker 1: I bought the seats and a mate came with me. I gave the free ticket to and he was late, but we watched a Federer beaten Nadal in five sets, and we were the first ones, me and my mate Starks, were the first ones to congratulate Roger like he looked at us and well because his family weren't there that year for whatever reason, he looked at us and we were. We were we were Roger's team main star.
Speaker 2: There's a picture, isn't that?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Posted of me, me and my mate Starks and just look actually there's one of just me and Roger just it's like a selfie. He's on court, but he's smiling. He knows photo.
Speaker 2: Federer, when's another grand slam in his first picture?
Speaker 1: Is it's wonderful? Picture wonderful?
Speaker 2: I mean, you are like a huge tennis fan. Obviously you was the how many finals have you actually been to Pepes? Was that fetter and a doll one the best?
Speaker 1: There was some great some Djokovic. I think Djokovic played when that went like for like eight hours or seven hours. It was middle of the night, and I was doing breakfast radio at the time. I almost went straight from the game to my job. So that was extraordinary. I saw Djokovic's first win in a final against someone, yeah, yeah, And I saw with my mom, who loved tennis as well, my dear rest her soul. But she I've took han heard of many tennis matches. Yeah, I've seen a hate.
Speaker 2: Where was mom on the list?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Was she like third? Did you ask a few other people?
Speaker 1: Mom was always hirst if she wanted to come, So yeah, sometimes she couldn't be bothered. But yes, so we did see. We had some great tennis matches.
Speaker 3: Tennis player.
Speaker 1: She wasn't a planer, n She's sport lovers. That's why I got my love of sport, not from my dad really, but from my mom. So she was absolutely calm.
Speaker 2: I'm jealous of that that Djokovic and Adall. I want to say twenty twelve. Was that six hour plus final incredible to me, one of the all time up there Slam finals as well.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Jogovic and a dal because they both were baseliners and the points went long, so yeah they were. It was just unbelievably fit a couple of athletes.
Speaker 2: Crowd behind the doll, but Djokovic took it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Jogovic often doesn't have the crowd with him, but I'm a Jokovic fan, but no.
Speaker 2: He does, he does. Yes, the old boy thirty eight years old, these showing up.
Speaker 3: I have to respect the guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a time, especially in Australia, I was probably around the pan playing Jemmy or whatever. We got where where he didn't want to get in the facts whatever, but there we go. But actually and people thought he was arrogant and whatever. But I once I was downstairs after a match and again they said do you want to left hont I'm like, yeah, I'll go in one of those, you know, one of the key cars. So I got a left him in one of those key cards, which if you live in Melbourne you see them around generally just tennis playground for the whole tournament and the older lady who was driving. I said to her if he had any one famous in the car. He goes, yeah, yeah, all of them. I said, who do you? She said, I love Djokovic. She said that he had won the tournament maybe the year before, and she was lucky enough to drive him and his mates home or around Melbourne. She said he was the nicest guy, just the bloody She said, he's a real gentleman and didn't have to be anyway. That's and for any Drogovic haters, just that story really made me think, oh, he must be a nice guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah great. And then because you grew up playing like I actually don't know your history with the sports.
Speaker 1: I loved it. I never played like I never really played in tournaments. But there was an Ashvelt court on the tech school near my house and me and my cousin Joe would play all the time all summer, would play tennis, so tennis and cricket so Bashfeld bitch.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was not a good court with holes and it was free and yeah, so we had a we had an epic matches like me and Goldstein's matches. Basically, we do have some battles, yes, yeah, my cousin Joe. He would the tactic would if you were you know, if the other guy was on a bit of a had momentum. You just throw your racket over the fence as far wis you can so you can take time to go get it. Like your thoughts.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. I noticed a lot of like shoe tying. When I seem to have a bit of a lead.
Speaker 1: Time to breathe, he just goes and.
Speaker 3: Goes playing the age card.
Speaker 1: I haven't been fitness, but lately I feel he's got fitter, even though he doesn't look like he has.
Speaker 2: I have a tubby bitch.
Speaker 1: Wedding.
Speaker 3: Yeah he did.
Speaker 2: That's probably when I was playing my best.
Speaker 3: Blame man, what's happened?
Speaker 1: She's fattening him up?
Speaker 2: So was wanting exactly. So the French Open's coming up, like your tennis watching as a spectator, are you watching like the thousand events or just.
Speaker 1: Coming out like generally just watch an Australians playing. I watched some are patriots, So I treat all the Australian players like that my children. So yeah, did you hear?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: If any listening, yeah you're listening. But you can get my will if you call him the lessons I'm not put in the world. Not that I'm sure you make money yourself, but it's not easy. Some of those players don't make money, much money. Years ago he was I think it was number one hundred in the world and barely scraping by imagine, if you're the hundreds of most successful accounting in the world, you're doing okay, hundredth comedian, yeah, one hundred tennis players on the on the breadline.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: They're trying to improve that, I think, but.
Speaker 2: They are trying to improve it. There is a great book, I think I brought it up before, called The Racket, and it's all about the players on the Challenger Tour and the Future's Tour, and it's like it's comparable to comedy because a lot of them are just kind of scraping by going from city to.
Speaker 1: City, living in the car car.
Speaker 2: That's stuff. And it's fascinating because the guy who wrote the book was playing in the air of the Big Three. Yeah, so he's, you know, occasionally in the same circles as them, and you're just seeing someone it's you know, like when I see you backstage at a it's like me, you know, just struggling and then all of a sudden, the icon the myth.
Speaker 1: But I'm backstaged all those gigs, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we love and respect I mean the trenches the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not about the money for me. Luckily You've had made some good investments anyway, you never know, they can go pair shape. The world's changing.
Speaker 2: So Australian players are like your children. Raffa is your boy? Right? Is your boy named Rauffa?
Speaker 1: Raffiti?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: I want to go in Rafael, but I mean I'm Irish background, so Raphael Huges but is raffiti? So yeah, so Rafa. But it wasn't really over Rafa Adar. I love Raffas, but yeah, I'm I love. My first Australian Open finals I went to was the nineteen eighty six finals where Pat Cash and I was the legend, played Stephan Edberger, Swedish legend, and it was five sets. It was the last, the last Grand Slam played actor Kuyon on grass before they moved to where we are now at Melbourne Park and so and it was an extraordinary match but Edinburgh won. That hurt me. I was I was fifteen or sixteen at the time. And I was. I did not grow up with any you know, my parents were working class and they looked after us, but we didn't have money for I got enough money working a part time job at Woolworth to go to the Australian Open Final. That's how the world has changed. I think now to get the austrain Open Final, you'd have to work probably full time at Woolies for four years.
Speaker 3: You have to be Dave us now still struggle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, back in the day, but yeah, Coo Young was a it was a greatble.
Speaker 4: Have you ever have your kids ever tried tennis? Did you force it on?
Speaker 1: My daughter played tennis at school last year, but she's yeah, it wasn't not a ball going in. And I'm keen for them because racket sports, they say the best thing for your brain. Really, yes, you want to live a long time tennis that tennis players live longer than anyone else.
Speaker 2: I've heard this before. The split second decision making and all.
Speaker 1: The decisions you've got to make when you're playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it keeps your brain. And then it's the obviously lateral movement, short bursts of movement. It's like fitness wise, it's just gonna cardiovascularly keep you healthy forever.
Speaker 1: And the social aspect as well. But tennis players in general apparently lived nine years longer than any other.
Speaker 2: Sport socially though. I mean, when we play us, you don't say a word to me the whole you don't even look me in the eye.
Speaker 3: Got about at the start, like, hey, how you going to start?
Speaker 1: We'll have a bit early on, and then afterwards we played, but I don't want to get distracted focus.
Speaker 2: He has a method. He'll tell me if I'm winning, how well I'm playing, or like compliment my forehand or something. So because he knows that I'm weak on that chart.
Speaker 1: And I played a guy the other I play another guy play quite regularly. He's got his own court, so I go to his house. But he has a ball toss that can go anywhere, like it'll just like it'll take four or five throws in the air. And I sort of gently mocked his ball toss one day, but then he locked in from that moment. And so you don't mock the player you're playing. Compliment them, but don't don't sledge them, because it can really become fuel for them.
Speaker 2: Compliments are worse.
Speaker 1: I know, absolutely so compliment away, but do not mock them because they no, no, no.
Speaker 2: No, I won't mock my if he compliments me and then I start missing that shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean it's what it is. You know what I've decided that last time we're playing, which helped me. In between points, you don't have to focus. I was focusing too much.
Speaker 3: You get Yeah, bring that playfulness.
Speaker 1: Yeah only lot for the last couple of seconds, but in between, just just let your mind relax. That was the latest thing that in our last game that helped me. So I'm going to bring that back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I I even call myself, you know, a mental Can you say, a mental little person.
Speaker 3: On the golf course. Oh, I'm so bad at this.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you haven't played pages and fine, so what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: His own worst enemy? You got to get in your own corner. Helps as a Whitney once sun or the greatest love of all learning to love yourself.
Speaker 3: That's beautiful.
Speaker 2: But I get in my own head a bit. I mean, you know, there's so much sports psychology, especially tied up with because the score can be ruthless. And last time we played, I think I was up five to three. I had a bunch of set points, couldn't convert, double faulted on one of them, and then I was just kind of ruined. He locked in, started playing consistent, and I was just done. It's just all it takes if you can't convert a set point or match point.
Speaker 4: Even worse, he's his best day of his life. He's going to replay this episode over and over.
Speaker 3: Just this little sound.
Speaker 1: But I was so as a kid that I was so nervous, and I was so like, I was so self obsessed. I only played one tournament in my whole childhood, and I loved the game. And it was called the Schoolboys Down and Warnable, my hometown schoolboys tournament, and I played my first round was against a kid who I'm not gonna lie. His parents owned a fish and chip shop, and he was It was the most I believe, and I'm not being mean, but probably the most overweight kid and warnable and and but I was so nervous. I couldn't get a serving serving and I couldn't do so he beat me, and I remember in my big I'm crying.
Speaker 3: That was it.
Speaker 1: I'm a loser and never played another official match again. That's terrible.
Speaker 2: Where is he now though you know relation, maybe he's well if you say the Aussie players feel like kids, do you I mean, who do you like at the moment? Who do you think is like actually going to get to the second week of the French I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I love I love the demon, but I just wish you could get over the line against the top players, you know, So, yes, it would be great to get to get into a semi would be good. Now we got to a semi yet, I.
Speaker 2: Ye, quarters, I think just quarters. Well, he's having a rough season. And do you think it's because he's planning a wedding with Katie Balter?
Speaker 3: Is that you've had a wedding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of pressure on the guys, no doubt, because you get a question, you can asked questions you don't even know what they mean. I remember that wedding off because what do you want to do about Bonbonieri? And so I didn't know we had any French friends. He wants what about table runners. I'm like, I don't know it is Kathy Freeman available? These are all questions about the reception and stuff. I didn't understand.
Speaker 3: There's a lot going on. I mean, you've had a wedding, had a wedding.
Speaker 2: But I just outsourced my wife just planned everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah outsoist to your wife.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'm not making decisions like I think I found the best method. Would you if she presented me with a decision about like a centerpiece on the table or whatever, you just go, oh, yeah, I see what you're looking at here, And I think you're correct.
Speaker 1: You've got to focus enough you're actually thinking about. Yeah, you know what I didn't do. I didn't lose weight for my wedding like mine did, so yeah, I was actually put on weight. So my wife was disappointed. But you know, but now we can look back on my wedding photos and I don't look like I've let myself go. So actually, I.
Speaker 3: Mean it was only last year.
Speaker 2: Am I the fattest kid and mortable at the moment?
Speaker 1: Such a relafe to bat you last time? So I can beat the fattest kid.
Speaker 4: No, I haven't noticed, Jeu, And I'm going back to the States.
Speaker 2: I'm only going to.
Speaker 1: Get fat, big serving serving. I've never been in the US open is that fun?
Speaker 2: I love it. I mean, my sister lives in Queens, so it's just like one subway stop down to where the grounds are and it's uh, it's look for me. The Australian Open is way better facilities by more of a party vibe, but the US is like old grounds. It's kind of this uh sterile just concrete slabs, you know what I mean. It just doesn't look as aesthetic or nice as the AO. Wimbledon obviously has the history and the tradition.
Speaker 1: And I went for the first time last year.
Speaker 2: It was amazing worth it right, like.
Speaker 1: Absolutely and we had to pay you for the tickets to thank god that my wife and daughters wanted to go to the Harry Potter Museum instead.
Speaker 3: So oh so you went to Wimbledon just with my son, So yeah, that is a win.
Speaker 1: There was a win for everyone. So yeah, but it was it's smaller than you think.
Speaker 3: It is tiny, it's quite compact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's just no more space and it does feel yeah, oldie, it feels old, real old school, but.
Speaker 3: You're just doing the outer court.
Speaker 1: No, we did get we bought tickets for the main you had to basically because there was no there was no like in austral Open, which is great. You can turn up you know, on the on the day mostly and buy like a ground pas. You can't do it over there. It's it's ballots and stuff. So but so we had to buy tickets to one of the main courts, but we did go to on an outside court to see in Australia played Jordan Thompson and yeah, it became a news story. But it was like three rows of seeding up and you can look this up. Three roads of seeding. I think it's a third round maybe, So he's playing a Frenchman and so the winner was like what they win two hundred and fifty pounds and for those guys that is a lot of money. He's not broke, but it's still they're not number one players. So and Layton Hill was on the other side of the court cheering him on. And but then it's one in, one out for those courts, so you just got to line up and when someone leaves you get to just sit there. So three rows of seating and we're in the second round. There's guy two English guys sat behind us. In the last set. It's the five set. It was an epic match and they just started having the loudest conversation like they were down at the boozer. They were not interested in the.
Speaker 3: Game, and what was it about? Do you remember?
Speaker 1: Just I don't know their own lives, but it was loud and like Jordan Doms is like five meters away from a serving. I'm like, guys, my son, actually, sid you're going to tell them to shut up. I'm like, my son's like six seven. I said, why don't you tell me? But he said it's not my role. So I eventually did time to shut up. And with English bloke, big English bloke.
Speaker 2: You went straight to shut up or do you Was it a shoe?
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't. I wasn't that aggressive. Actually he was aggressive.
Speaker 3: You do a few look back, So.
Speaker 1: I just didn't and that wasn't helping. So I said, can we just just keep the noise down? We're trying to watch match, and this guy's things goes. He really's got really aggressive at me, like no one had ever time to sharp his entire life. He said, who are you? Obviously didn't recognize the comedy stylings dabies, He said, are you little Hitler? He called me a little hitler. You've offended because I googled and Hitler's on like three centimes tall and Hitler. I said, I'm big Hitler to you mates so much nice.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to say I had to google Hitler and not.
Speaker 1: A good about that. So but yes, anyways, so he did shut up and thank god, and Jordan Thompson won the match, and then people around has got photos with me after the match and.
Speaker 2: Popular and so you thought it was going to come the fisticuffs.
Speaker 1: It was a little bit nerve wracking. I'm not gonna lie. So but as soon as the match happened, I went on Instagram and told the story and I became a news story about in Australia, which I was very happy.
Speaker 2: About, right news dot com dot.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's still man, they ran with it and yeah, so I was happy with that. So but yeah, but I mean, obviously it's stand up comedy. Want people to shop, don't we so annoying?
Speaker 4: But you can't talk during Some people think they can, oh yeah, when they're drunk, especially drunk.
Speaker 3: Women probably the worst.
Speaker 4: So many what ones, they're the ones that you gotta be careful.
Speaker 2: Here's kind of the big question we've been It's obviously the huge news of the year. Alcoriz is out with an injury going into the French so center, it's just looking like a cakewalk for him. Do you think men's tennis is not as good because of the dominance of one guy at the moment?
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's interesting, isn't it, Because obviously in women's tennis there's just there's no one dominant, so no one really gets to stand out as much you can, because that's sort of they share it around a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Sabalanca, Rebecca and looking like the big two over there, but then it's like a slim it's it's kind of a handful of women that kind of pushed through. So yeah, but it's harder to predict for sure.
Speaker 1: But it is a weird one because when people come they want to see the big stars, don't they. So and if if all the results are random, well there's really no big star to or degree. But when you do go watch a match, you want to think that both can win. So yeah, I don't know, but obviously we want some unless he was Australian. If Sinner was Australian, we hope that everyone else was injured and he got to play against you know, people rank four hundred in the world, so that we could all feel great about well I could. I mean, you're American, but I'm both come on, all right, I'm by all right game, I was playing Shelton. Who do you go for?
Speaker 3: You go for shelter, Shelter.
Speaker 1: So yeah, let's hope that Sinner does have some rung.
Speaker 2: But if Trump and Elbow they got in a boxing ring, I want Albow.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he could.
Speaker 2: No, I watched the ship out of that that would be amazing.
Speaker 1: And then yes, so that would be amazing. We forget the Trump's about ninety seven years old.
Speaker 4: He's like she's eighty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's got some beef on him though. He's a big boy. Have you seen the picture of him playing tennis where he's just got the most gigantic ass you've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have large drawers, so they called drawers large yead grandma?
Speaker 2: And so who do you like for the French? Then on the women's and the men's.
Speaker 1: Well, well, I mean sab is hard. She is actually very good. How many she won now she got off five is what I mean. I know it's were a few years down the track, but ash party getting bored with being a mother.
Speaker 2: Get her back.
Speaker 1: She can afford the child care. Come on, that really annoyed me because she's so good and she just like just got to the peak. Really, Oh god, you see doing ads and you think you don't need to do these ads, you just need to win some tournaments. Go back, surely you're sick of doing.
Speaker 2: Come on, abandoned your young family.
Speaker 1: Come on, she was given us so much joy and.
Speaker 3: Then she just.
Speaker 1: Pulled the pin.
Speaker 2: I bet you could get the CEO of Channel nine to like cut off a leg to get ash party back and there.
Speaker 1: That must have been so sad when she retired. Come on, Brady, with her winning straight over over the off track.
Speaker 4: I've read because of her coach, her mental coach, Ben Crow. Yes, yeah, have you read any of his books?
Speaker 1: Well, I know that he coached also Dusty Martin, who's in the NFL Star who got three Best on Grounds and three Grand Finals, which is.
Speaker 4: He's pretty incredible. But you you read the book and you're like, oh, yeah, I'm going to quit. I'm going to quit whatever I'm doing and focus on my life. It's all about like, yeah, doing what you want to do as a human. It changes your perspective on what you're doing. And I guess Ash was like just just doing tennis and keep going and like winning, and she's like, is this going to make me happier if I win.
Speaker 3: Any more Grand Slams? And she's like, I don't.
Speaker 1: Think it would, but would have made me happy.
Speaker 3: It would have made the country.
Speaker 1: There's millions of Australian sports fans who every time in Australian wins anything, I just get an adrenaline rush, you know, I get a dopamine.
Speaker 4: Weren't you playing tennis with Russell? Yes?
Speaker 1: I thank you for that. Yes, just be careful if you're on Russell Crow's side, if you're like playing doubles with Russell and you're his partner, you get blamed.
Speaker 4: If you're ever in that situation where you're playing clubs in Sydney.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, so yeah if you yeah, if the balls in the middle of between you and neither of you get it, it will be your fault. So even though you want to say, Russell, that was close to you, but you don't say that because you're scared.
Speaker 2: Because imagine Maximus is because he missed a volley, was.
Speaker 1: Playing with Russell once in Sydney and then someone walked past the court and just recognized me and not him. He had a big bead. I think he's playing Zeus in like one of the thor movies. But yes, so he didn't. And they're talking to me and I'm like, that's oh my god, yes, talk to him to.
Speaker 3: Me, Oh yeah, you would have got in trouble.
Speaker 2: I am a chubby bitch. Chubby bitch, chubby bitch.
Speaker 4: I consume tennis a lot. On socials, it's very good. There's a lot of craziness that happens. And I've got a new segment called Approaching the Net, which I'm famous for, and I'm going to bring.
Speaker 2: Up some say the name of the segment again, it Approaching.
Speaker 4: The Net, And I'm going to just show you a couple of my favorite social videos from the week. This is my Taylor Fritz, who you called Taylor Swift earlier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you pick him up on it?
Speaker 3: No, I just let it slide that.
Speaker 2: Taylor Fritz render Kanish match. Taylor slipped eventually coming out on top.
Speaker 4: You went back to Fritz, but you went I was like, it happens out, But we've got to meet the renaissance, some sort of renaissance fair.
Speaker 2: It's all over America.
Speaker 3: So I grew up with these with the Renaissance fair.
Speaker 2: Once a year you go to a Renaissance fair and you watch it's this old timey event and everyone dresses medieval and you watch people joust.
Speaker 1: We have been kryle Castle and Victoria.
Speaker 2: It sounds similar and like it's this. It's like Carneiefolk, but they dress up medieval and like, you know, there's like a guy and stocks that you throw tomatoes at.
Speaker 4: And he's a little bit of a nerd. Right, he's a big game of this guy. But he's in he's recently single.
Speaker 1: Did he have that glamorous girlfriend? Didn't he?
Speaker 2: Morgan Riddle?
Speaker 1: Was she an actor?
Speaker 3: In even worse?
Speaker 4: And he's got this like V neck lace up nod to medieval cature, but also a really weird diamond necklace.
Speaker 2: This tells me he's taking the break up pretty hard. To cry for help, Yeah, I mean sless medieval.
Speaker 1: Mate, it's a first trap. He's absolutely he's he DMS would have blown up after that. He's like, yeah, I look at May and then he's about four million high Taylor, Yeah, that's it all right.
Speaker 2: You don't like it, absolutely not? I hate it, right, I mean, the thing is, he is a honky dude, but it's just a bizarre pivot to go to the Renaissance Fair seemingly alone.
Speaker 4: I reckon he had friends, then the.
Speaker 3: Muscle shirt, the lace up.
Speaker 2: Where does this put him going into the French? Do you think you're worried more about his prospects or not?
Speaker 1: Good? I think he's younger. I think he's going to be better.
Speaker 4: Not less distractions obviously, like before you break up with someone. I don't know who broke up with her, but it weighs.
Speaker 3: On your mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's probably make this free and easier while he's at the Renaissance Fair, so he's kind of free trying to I don't think she would have gone to Hessance.
Speaker 2: No, no, he's there trying to pick up a new one. Yes, he's on a one hunt.
Speaker 3: Good luck to him. We love you, Taylor Swift.
Speaker 4: All right, My next one is oh, okay, yes, okay, this is crazy. This happened overnight al Crez whilst he's injured. He's done a Vanity Fair cover, and to be honest, the cover looks quite tasteful.
Speaker 2: So that's not the cover shot.
Speaker 1: That's the sealed section. I think that one.
Speaker 3: I mean, gorgeous, but so awkward.
Speaker 1: My god, it's so funny, all right, that is it's crazy.
Speaker 4: So he's done this Vanity Fair cover shoot and the cover's great, the cover looks good, but the BTS that's been going.
Speaker 3: Around on socials is insane.
Speaker 2: It's just like spreading dirt on him.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they've really taken advantage of him. I don't know they have.
Speaker 1: He would have gone in and knowing that was going to happen. It happens by degrees.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there's been a social media manager in the corner just shooting this BTS and this guy's algoraz is like, I don't not even noticing this person, and then the footage that's come out as so funny. But then I read the article. Can I just read you the first paragraph of this Vanity Fair article about one of the world's best tennis players. We're watching our Koraz roll around a brick orange clay, but we're not watching him play tennis. There's some of it on his face, around his thick eyebrows and sprinkled above his lips. It's slightly dusted of his freshly trimmed beard, and his hair longer than usual, a little disheveled. It's all over his clothing too, a Louis vertungue tank top that he'll occasionally let slide up his trute abdomen. Some Nike Jim shorts in brackets six inches in seam in case you're wondering, close bracket. Yes, that off for a glimpse at his tan line and his personal Rolex watch. Al Koraz, like many athletes of his stature, has lucrative apparel contracts. In his case with those brands, he's not quite a style art con though he has his fascinations, like wearing zany highlighted colored looks on the court. And he's three hundred plus strong sneak a collection, but he wears clothes well, it's basically erotically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is bad. This is Penthouse letters to the editor.
Speaker 1: Yea, if you're in dust pawn, this is poor guy.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 2: What annoys me though, is he's not even playing Clay. He's had the injury, so this is all posturing.
Speaker 3: This was booked in ages, but also Clay is in sexy.
Speaker 2: When it's all over your white outfit, it looks like he's had explosive diarrhea.
Speaker 3: Like it's like bad fake ten that's come off.
Speaker 1: A lot of women looking at young Oh my god, imagine having to wash that stuff. I know, I get that a lot of n.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he looks I feel like they did him.
Speaker 2: But that's.
Speaker 1: You can get.
Speaker 4: But I mean, the actual cover is beautiful, Like, he looks great. He would have signed off on that, which I'm sure is great. But the BTS socials that are doing the rounds and like he didn't see those did not.
Speaker 2: It's only then you got to do all the surfaces. You've got to do a grass stained one and then he'll just be rolling around on.
Speaker 1: Just bloodyhere be like, yeah, you'll just be burnt basically from the hot core.
Speaker 3: Degrees. All right, my next one.
Speaker 4: So we had the met Gala last week, controversial met gala sponsored by Bezos, but Naomi our Sucker was there along with Serena and Venus. They were all there and Naomi famously loves fashion and she was there and we've got this this look that she's doing, which is like a I think it's a nod to her Japanese heritage.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure about it.
Speaker 1: They're long, they're long, false.
Speaker 3: Giving to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the hands are creepy, but maybe that's that's the whole thing.
Speaker 1: To hold a racket with those.
Speaker 4: But she loves fashion, but I never feel like it's ever very good.
Speaker 1: It's meant to be. It's meant to be note worthy on suppose, but yeah, it's be careful.
Speaker 2: The soccer stands are going to come after you.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I like her, I like what she's doing, and I love the intent. But when I see the fashion, the hat.
Speaker 2: Is that's kind of cool. A painter's palette, you know. Yeah, yeah, take the pain.
Speaker 1: Off, or like some sort of thing you put on top of a toilet or something, some sort of a potty you can imagine, you know what I mean. It's yes, it's it's an artic toilet seat.
Speaker 2: Yeah I should yeah. And the fingernails are given no speratu vibes.
Speaker 3: And the kind of the red hands, Yeah I.
Speaker 2: Should say it's not. But it's the Dracula because you.
Speaker 1: Know what that meant?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, only because I interviewed Sean Mchaela recently and he has just written a book about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, SEMs written a book about Dracula.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I was like, what have you been smoking Sean.
Speaker 1: Let's be so scared of vampires? Can I say? I will, I will rise your beads to bed for about four years recently. But Stephen Stephen King's book Salem's Life.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that's a scary book.
Speaker 1: That that was the mini series.
Speaker 2: Actually, just one thing on this, Lizzie and I'm surprising you with this, is that some pictures from the met Galla were clearly AI. This one's not. But Rebecca Austin uh I was like, did you pick up on that it was Ai? Because she said she sent me uh Andre Rublo wearing a crazy outfit that was obviously Yeah. And I wrote back and I say, you're a boomer. This is Ai And she was like, well, Lizzie, who fell for it?
Speaker 3: I just laughed at it.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to tell her that it was Ai because why, oh, she's going.
Speaker 3: To produce me in Edinburgh. I was.
Speaker 4: I was just I was just like, I'll let her have this. But these guys weren't out of.
Speaker 1: Me saying to Russell, sorry I didn't get that ball when it was clearly closer.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But there's a lot of like terrible AI content in tennis, which I absolutely hate. I saw one the other day and it's like a lady like beating up a guy on the court, and you just I just go to the comments to see I'm hoping people pick up on this, and most people like ai ai ai, and then there's some people like, haha, this is so funny, and I'm like, what is wrong?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, have you fallen for any.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Yeah, I didn't add reasoning aai my whole complexion, Like they gave me teeth that were great, but they're not my teeth.
Speaker 2: I've seen that you're in black face in this one.
Speaker 1: White teeth is what I mean. I mean real white teeth, white teeth out. I won't say because.
Speaker 3: But and that was approaching the net.
Speaker 2: Well, husy, we gotta go play. We're gonna go have a quick match.
Speaker 1: Quick match. They're not quick please, you will go all die.
Speaker 2: That's because you you the grinding rallies with this man, because he's just like you can't get a rhythm against them. He's just he's steering the ball around.
Speaker 3: And that's sad.
Speaker 4: If I catch you, guys, we love an audience, no choke, I don't I don't need to what you guys play tennis.
Speaker 1: It's a good yeah, but if you want to things to do, if you want to leave after one set, eh, because you've got you know, kids to pick up from school, you have to concede the match I made.
Speaker 2: We played two sets, we want one each, and he's like, I gotta go, and I'm like and then he was like, no, I really gotta go, and I was like, we'll say I Dave Hughes forfeit the man.
Speaker 1: He's rupeless. Last time we played, there was a point where I was like four meters behind the baseline and he's hit the ball out of court, but it hit the bottom. He hit my shoe before I hit the ground, literally so far back. I said, yes, it hit my foot.
Speaker 2: We're a society, Dave, we have rules. Here's he Thanks so much for coming in.
Speaker 1: It's a joy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll get you back in, I mean tennis and comedy. We'll be back during the French Open to discuss what's happening. I think the women's draws is going to be anybody's bet and the men's we'll see who plays center in the final.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, it's very good.