Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show Podcast Showtime.
Speaker 2: I swear to god, I'm not exaggerating, do you know, Tommy.
Speaker 3: Little that is not it's not Celtic. That is not Celtic.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Show one thousand and fifty three Friday Morning.
Speaker 3: It's a Christian O'Connell show. So before we get into this week's double thumbs Up, we're actually off now after the day from a two week break. So what are you guys up to this weekend? You're going away this weekend? What are you doing? Team?
Speaker 5: I'm going to Disneyland.
Speaker 2: You're flying out this weekend.
Speaker 3: Yes, my goodness, Oh my gosh, you're going to the i'n't even to Anaheim.
Speaker 5: Yeah, anahe yanks. We're going to stay at the banker's sister's house. She lives in LA and four kids under the age of three will be taking to Disneyland. I'm not as excited as you know, obviously, what a treat to go to Disneyland, but there's just like.
Speaker 3: That's a lot going on, a lot going on. That's a lot going on. And also it's like we took the girls when they were like eight and ten, when they hopefully a bit older to remember it. They barely remember it now to find from the UK there, but when they were there they were so happy. And you get there, you get the little no pads. You can go and get these autograph books. Sorry, you go and connect all the autograph of the Disney princesses. Oh my god, it's so good.
Speaker 5: The anchor has been trying to almost like cramming before an exam, show Gordy as much Disney characters as possible. We're watching a lot of Mickey Mouse at the moment.
Speaker 3: Wow, hell love it?
Speaker 2: Have you downloaded the app?
Speaker 5: No, get the download the app.
Speaker 3: You'll be grateful that you did that.
Speaker 2: There was a lady we were waiting in one of the cues. There was a mum from Texas who told me about the Facebook site. To follow it because you get live updates and I know you will use it.
Speaker 5: How long the line is, yeah, but sent.
Speaker 3: You then wore king because you'll do you do.
Speaker 2: And case of walking there it will pay off.
Speaker 3: You need to get as soon as you get as well. I think it's on the left. You get the little buggies. You chut the kid in the buggy.
Speaker 5: Yep, you guys don't know what it's like to travel with Bianker's family. Her traveling with my in laws is like, I'm very passive. There is an agenda, there's an itinerary.
Speaker 2: You've got it at a place like Disney.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sure, but I've got no point me getting out, No point these.
Speaker 3: People that don't mind queueing because they can hang out together.
Speaker 5: Yes, there's a lot of I'm just along for the ride on these traps.
Speaker 3: And notice the body language. There's a lot of feeddling with it. They're going to have to drag you off that plane. So we've landed an a get off the plane. I don't want to be prising your finger.
Speaker 2: You'll spend a lot of time at Tune Town because that's.
Speaker 3: Himself personally rocking backwards and forwards for.
Speaker 2: There's lots of little rides and you'll love it.
Speaker 5: Dunk myself in the water on that Small World ride.
Speaker 3: Now, he won't be able to go on too many of the rights because you have to do things.
Speaker 5: So maybe I think it's premature going to disney Land with a two year old.
Speaker 3: No, it's never premature, No, No, But what you should volunt to do. He won't be able to go and rock the ride, so you should go. Do you know what I take Gordy off over here? There'd be a bullpit. You're go and chuck Gordon and every loads you can sit and read a book or something.
Speaker 5: Taking a book to Disneyland.
Speaker 3: Yes, Patsy, what are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 2: We're going on a road trip up to Milliwa to stay atlants more. Oh wow, lovely yes in the morning, frosts and autumn colors. And yeah, it'll be famous for their cheese, very famous for the Millwer cheese factory. Yes, we always pop in there.
Speaker 3: All right, we go in in a week summer, off to Fiji. But tomorrow night taking my seventy year old daughter Lowess, who loves stand up and we're off to go and see Jerry Seinfeld. She loves our class at Sitcom. I I saw him about ten years ago in the UK. I cannot wait to see him again. So off to see Jerry Seinfeld tomorrow. All right, Coming up next we'll get into our double thumbs up him on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Every Friday, we go around the team he Jack and pats and we tell you about the things we're into this week. Might be a TV show or a movie or a book. Patsy, what's it for you this week?
Speaker 2: They do it so well. At National Gallery, Victoria on Sint Kilda Road, they've got a new exhibition that they've just opened, Pharaoh.
Speaker 3: I really want to see that. I love Egyptian history.
Speaker 2: But it's not just that. The way that they do their exhibitions that's beautiful is just amazing in that they cater for all ages. They've got the kids section there, Jack, which I think you've taken Gordy two months before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he was we were like starfish and underwater creatures. No Pharaohs.
Speaker 2: No, But this is the thing. It's totally interactive and there is something for all ages.
Speaker 3: They've got under come we taking a boy start feeding with aell of those pharaoh artifacts is interactive. It actually isn't. They aren't start doing a banksy on some pyrates.
Speaker 2: They've got a special session but under threes you need to book it in. Go on to the website and they can build a pyramid with big boxes and they.
Speaker 3: Just they won't be able to because they'll see aliens build those. But anyway, fair long child.
Speaker 2: So there's about over five hundred artifacts online from the British Museum. They've led them to us.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think they actually belong to the British Museum. Well, I listened to it. I watched this great TV show that stuffed the English stolen right, and it is an uncomfortable watch at times. They should give that back. It's on alone from the Beach Museum. It's on loan to the Beach Museum where it's not lonely. You've stolen to the Egyptian.
Speaker 5: It's actually like the British Museum is trying to hide it around the world so that.
Speaker 2: It's brilliant.
Speaker 5: We loved it.
Speaker 2: Went to the premiere of it and it is a good perty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm definitely going to go along.
Speaker 5: Loved it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's one you can do after dark or something because they's all blacked out the posters.
Speaker 2: And they do n GV Friday Nights, which is a regular thing that they've had going for quite.
Speaker 3: Like a dating thing for single sort.
Speaker 2: You think they have food. It is brilliant, especially across the winter, like it's a really good place to go on a Friday night. The other thing this week. I think I may have stumbled across the best form or thing of stationery that you will love this, And I saw it and I thought of you, so I got it for you.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me it's a new sharpy pan. No it's not.
Speaker 2: It's the next best thing. It is like a post It note on steroids.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what is it? It's a giant post it note?
Speaker 5: Why do you need something that big?
Speaker 3: Have you seen? I can only write one word? Or that that is like two words. I can fit on that. It's like a four my god, No, no, no, it's great four. Oh no, no, I've got them. Pass away of the garage.
Speaker 5: Oh you put one up in the window and you block out all of a suddenly home.
Speaker 2: Sticky big up the top and everything.
Speaker 3: You pats would start using them in the studio on the show. Now we can plan on those.
Speaker 2: It's like Office Works's version of Anko.
Speaker 3: It's a post it not for giants, Yes, yes, yeah, or somebody who has unlessally large handwriting't.
Speaker 5: It makes you feel like the children from Honey I shrink the kids using a regular sized poster.
Speaker 2: It it's by forty five centimeters for who's playing at home?
Speaker 3: It's mass and everyone is all right, Well, take a quick break. We'll come back and then we get into Jack and I's Double thumbs Up this week.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're doing Double thumbs Up where every Friday we share the things that we're enjoying this week. If you're looking for any new TV shows or movies, you might get some recommendations. Jack, what have you enjoyed this week?
Speaker 5: Yeah, two quick ones from me that I've mentioned earlier in the week that I went to an improv night Wednesday night. Brilliant exceeded expectations by one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: And who is it? Where can you go?
Speaker 5: They called something good for a group of four who do an improvised night and they have a special guest comedian. We saw Ann Edmunds, but they change it every week. It's Wednesday nights at Comedy Republic.
Speaker 3: Great venue.
Speaker 5: That's thirty. Yeah, I've never been there before. Yeah, brilliant place. And a book I'm reading I mentioned it this week, Unreasonable Hospitality recommended to me by Christian and halfway through it, I'm loving it.
Speaker 3: A couple of things to me that I'm not a Tour de France fan whatsoever. It strikes with incredibly dull sport to watch. However, the genius of these sports documentary the documentary they've just dropped another season of it, Unchained, is so good. I don't know why. I'm not even into the sport. I don't know any of the main players involved or the athletes, but as a drama and what they go through and everything that's going on, how competitive it is. Cannot recommend Unchained enough. I know it doesn't make any sense, but it is so watchable. Wife and I tearing through it, and it's very good. It's called Unchained.
Speaker 5: My dad was that type of person who would get up in the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: People love it. But anyway, it's on Netflix. It's very, very, very good. The other thing I'm reading at the moment is a book that came out years ago called Shoeless Joe. It's a brilliant reader halfway through. It's a novel. It's the book that Field of Dreams was based on. Oh wow, oh my god, it's such.
Speaker 5: He's a baseball player.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Love it.
Speaker 3: W p Kinseller if you want to get that. And the other thing I'm really enjoying. This is a Australian comedy show that is world class. Colin from Accounts. I can never recommend that show enough. It's a brilliant homemade show that is huge all over the world. Now it says, so that's the first season just aired in the UK and they have really got around. It's brilliant second seasons out now. Colin from Accounts is a brilliant show. You should all be really proud of us, very very funny. Can't recommend that enough.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'common show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian, how's your team lunch? Where did you all decide to go? We actually took the advice of Erica called two days ago when we're looking for a pub that had to have a rowing fire, be convivial and have a low ceiling and not too noisy, and she came up streets she recommended, I think it's her local pub. It is the Sporting Club Sporting Club Hotel Brunswick, twenty seven Western Streets. It was brilliant and I'm saying that because it was free. It wasn't free and we gladly paid. But it was a great lunch there. The food was delicious, amazing. What do you have the schnitz as well, chick.
Speaker 5: I've ever had.
Speaker 3: Patty had three tomahawks steaks didn't have three tomahawks. Massive. She turned out what they like a plumber's work bag of a hambag. I did not know. The spy now actually sort of like a shelf above the fall.
Speaker 2: I did not have my food purse yesterday, but I did have a delicious scotch file at steak with a lovely peppercorn sauce.
Speaker 5: I thought it was weird that you asked if you could kill the cow yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with your hands, one punch take right between the eyes.
Speaker 2: Did you see the gentleman there that had his dog. I thought that was lovely in the party, he had his little dog with him.
Speaker 5: There was a grade vibe in there.
Speaker 3: I don't know what. They did have, like a lot of those sort of places running out when we were there sort of about one o'clock, they had like the front bar, very beautiful ornate round bar, and then out the back they have the restaurant. Bit which was it actually looked like the people from Titanic. How old they look now? There was two different like almost like a time a wormhole I popped through into. Is this me in the future? Am I here to learn something? Am I tripping right now? Am I a molly? Have I had a pint of money? I mean, god, these people are so old and into the other one and we were all there and right through the other one. It was like they were all not some all really old knacker people, you know. Blessed them. We're all going that way, but would take ages to go to the toilet. And then it wasn't actually confusing because I had too many words on the toilet doors, didn't they? I did that? Am I allowed in here? Is this a safe space for me? Why do I go over here? But I cannot recommend that? Pub enough? It was so good. We're definitely going back. All right, lines are up, and now we want to know this weekend, whats ahead of you. You're doing anything for the first time, Jackie, you do anything for the first time this weekend.
Speaker 5: The first time ever. Gordy will be in a Instagram ad with me.
Speaker 3: Well, put some money aside for therapy. This is a Jackson five all over again, isn't it? Oh Wood jack Post King Richard, A long line of pushy Dad's I thought I could get him out there earning. He can barely walk, but it's time for him to earn some shilling with his influencer dad.
Speaker 5: I thought I could put the fee in sort like a bank account for him.
Speaker 3: You can say anything you want that microphone you and I know that is lice. Have you paid your mum yet for that hubble work? No?
Speaker 5: I think you did.
Speaker 3: For ser So what is it? What's the What is it you filming together? Is that home? Are you out and about?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's actually going to be that. I filmed that hubble ad with my mum on the couch in my living room.
Speaker 3: This will be the same thing, but in your contracts where I mean, she's got a green scream of a couch around the world.
Speaker 5: Usually when they asked me to do it, I'm sitting on the couch. So I look around my immediate vicinity and think I could probably film something here.
Speaker 3: Patsy, Are you doing anything for the first time this weekend?
Speaker 2: For the first time? No, I don't believe so. I think it is very run of the mill. The love God's going out tomorrow for a boy's day, So does he get on a boy's dad? I don't even care.
Speaker 3: I don't even want to phrase Boy's day. Boy's trip has a vibe, isn't he know?
Speaker 5: Not recording that podcast in the cabin?
Speaker 2: Is No, he's given up.
Speaker 3: No, it has.
Speaker 2: It's one of his best mates. He's older than us.
Speaker 5: He used to be his boss.
Speaker 3: I think we saw him yesterday than the is he two thousand and nine?
Speaker 2: Him and his wife have just moved into one of those beautiful lifestyle villagers. You should see this place. It is phenomenal.
Speaker 3: What do you mean lifestyle?
Speaker 2: Well, it's for over fifties, so like you and I could move in there, Christian. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: It's got to be quite happy in some kind of community. Now phenomenal.
Speaker 5: It's got like we have a lot of.
Speaker 3: Very strong security at those places as well. Security there bit.
Speaker 2: Why, I don't know. So take the riff raff out, I think. So, I don't know why someone is.
Speaker 3: Rustling old people. Aren't they stealing them? What they're doing with the oldies.
Speaker 2: So they've got this communal area and it's got a beautiful fire pit, barbecue pool and everything, and the residents can obviously use it, not hire it out, but make use of it. So Rod in his wisdom has invited about alone.
Speaker 3: Patch starts telling us about people we've never met the probably never will. Who the hell is robl Rod. It's his best mate rocket Rod. Yeah, rocket right, that never had been in my line.
Speaker 5: He's allowed to use the pool. It doesn't have to hire it.
Speaker 3: You might as have, say, Barry Bangers go. We don't know who you do.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is the point I'm making is I don't know how the other residents feel about it. Because he's renting out this spaces. I mean they're probably watching the footy in the cinema part of it because I've got access to I don't know if it's a good idea.
Speaker 3: They're going to watch something like you know, two PM show of Bird and a one like No No No, Freddy's on. We want the Ferdy on Chris By turning up with a slamb of bear residents. Are you residents here in the community all right? When you work too? For the first time this weekend.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're going to know if you're doing anything for the first time this weekend, Ben is Christian. After five months of looking for my very first home, this will be the first time this week again I put an offer in on a house. Good luck, Ben. The hell of an auction awaits shoe? We don't have them in the UK like that. I couldn't believe it when I first moved here, and I remember just going for a dog walk on Saturday and I was like, hell are those people doing hanging around on the street, thirty of them looking furtive staring into a house, and then fact that that is how you sell.
Speaker 5: Houses it Where do you like? Sorry, j where else does it? Because I remember Piankee coming here from the US and she was as confused as you were.
Speaker 3: Yes, everyone who comes here from every other country in the world is like, wait you do what? You hang outside the house there yelling at each other at some boarding a guy stuffed into a shoe. Who's the auctioneer?
Speaker 6: You do?
Speaker 2: Like that secret squirrel over there? Don't you were? You're put in like secret bids.
Speaker 3: And secret you go, Here's what I'd like to pay for your house?
Speaker 5: Shut up there, someone on the long flock here?
Speaker 3: I want to buy the house?
Speaker 2: Or is it in Scotland there's a system where you have like miss bids or secret bids or something in the highs.
Speaker 3: I think you've been working in radio too long. Those are all literally Fox FM competitions, The Mystery Bed.
Speaker 2: Property Letter or somewhere like that.
Speaker 3: Sol Assistants. For the first time in outside of Australia. Right now, Lynn is online listening to us in Southern Ireland, beautiful place called Wexford, actually southeastern Ireland. Chris, this is my first time listening to you all live. I normally listened to the podcast as stumbled on it earlier this year. I just want to say hi, thanks for last years all as mad as bag of Cats Syrish. Thank you very much. Lyn, have a lovely weekend. Thanks for finding the show as well. Lynn.
Speaker 5: We'd love to know how you sell houses over there.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a likeness.
Speaker 3: They have Leprecorn auctioneers, I can tell you that. Bradley, Good morning, Bradley, Morning morning Bradley. So Bradley, what are you doing for the first time this weekend? Mate?
Speaker 7: So what I'm doing is I am being a flag marshal at the Grand Prix at Philip Island. Wow, this is this is big car racing.
Speaker 3: So you start the race, no.
Speaker 7: Not start the race. So basically I go round to a certain spot on the track, and I hold a colored flag in my hand, either green or yellow, and basically if a car spins out or crashes into a wall, I have to wave a flag to signal to the drivers that watch out, be careful. And yeah, I just have a job to play in that in the car race, that is.
Speaker 3: A very important job to do, right And when do you use the green one? When do you usually yellow one? Because those cars are going very fast and you're there going into hold are you? If you don't mind me asking rather, you are what seventeen eighteen?
Speaker 7: I'm sixteen and a half.
Speaker 3: Whoa, it's almost seventeen. Then it's rounded up to seventeen. That's a lot of responsibility for you, it is.
Speaker 7: So yeah, I've got to know what I'm doing. Done a small online course leading up to it.
Speaker 3: Small one.
Speaker 7: But my dad has done flag rushling for ten or eleven years.
Speaker 3: So it's like a family thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's my mum and sis. They don't do it, but it's just me.
Speaker 8: And my dad.
Speaker 3: Oh that's lovely. And I don't know what do you use the green one for? What's the yellow one? Green is? It's not too bad, don't worry foot down, So.
Speaker 7: Green if a car spins out or crashes behind us and it's not in front of us, we wave the green flag, so that means they can keep racing beyond that point. But if a car spins out and crashes in front of us, we have to wave a yellow flag, and that means they can't overtake. They can't. That just like slow down. Really, yeah, it's just it's just a signal to the drivers.
Speaker 3: Well listen, good well, listen, Bradley. Oh, good luck with it tomorrow, and good honi mate for doing that with the old man. It's the old man down there as well.
Speaker 7: He's not here at the moment that we'll be going together at five o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 9: Is not going on.
Speaker 5: Hey, Brad, I met Moto GP champion Casey Stoner last week. Do you find that pretty cool?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yea, that's fine, that's that's pretty cool. I'm not really I'm not really a fan of the Moto JP. I've heard of him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, listen, Brad, I'm sorry, sorry Brady about that. He hasn't been on short radio course, Bradley, Bradley, good luck tomorrow, Okay, thank you all right, thanks for listening to show. Thanksgiving us a call.
Speaker 7: That's all right bye.
Speaker 3: We've spoken before when that follow up question of yours.
Speaker 1: Is deadly Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: To down the show, not one but two Fraser Coast Friday Friday trips to me one on today's show. Fraser Ghost is now super accessible with direct flights available now with Jetstar you can be there in under three hours. We have two amazing trips to give away today, staying at the Kingfisher Bay Resort, one night stay at the Gary Beach Resorts at two days all the Gary Iron and visiting a seventy five mile beach. Wow, scenic headicater experience with Great Ocean a heliculter. Shout out Great Ocean of helicopters and wow, wee woody hell. Return flights with Jetstar go. This is incredible. You live in the high life. We have two of these amazing trips through one right now, Christian, Have you got any well Franks today? Yes I have. Fraser Coast is the only place in Australia where humpbacks actually stop with their babies in their annual migration and hang out in the bay. And dare I say holiday there as well? That's right, whether you're a well or a humanoid, everybody loves Phraser Coast. This is how we're going to win it today, an easy way for you to pick up a great trip today to get away from the cold. All you need to win is a postcode. That's all we need to win is a postcode and to know your area. Jack is about to pull the balls on postcode two. Numbers will be revealed. If they're in your postcode. Call in. We will then come up with three questions about your area. Gettor three right, you're off to the Phraser Coast.
Speaker 5: All right, let's go. I'm spinning the balls now.
Speaker 3: Postcode bingo.
Speaker 5: Number number one is seven. Does your postcode have a seven in it? But it also needs.
Speaker 3: Having a bit of trouble with it? It drops out to your hand, Jack.
Speaker 5: The number one. Does your postcode have a one and a seven or a seven and a one or seven?
Speaker 3: A few other numbers and a one exactly? So many permutations four digit numbers? All right, so give us a cool now. Lines are open now nine, four, one, four, one oh four to three. Chack. The winning postcode numbers today.
Speaker 5: Are does your postcod have a seven and a one?
Speaker 3: Good luck. If you know your area, you can win.
Speaker 1: Next The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Two amazing trips could be one to Preser Coast on Phraser Friday Friday. If your postcode has the numbers chat The winning post code bingo numbers are today has to contain A seven and A one nine, four, one four, one oh four three Melinda, that's you. Goome on in, Melinda, good Hello, good hello. Alright, so I'm going to do it from now. I'm good hello Melbourne. That's way, come on down, Melinda and Melinda. The numbers, then, which are postcode you in?
Speaker 8: I'm in Roval which is three one seven eight, so it has both numbers.
Speaker 3: Okay, now, uh, you say you're from Roville and you're trying to stake your claim to have this amazing trip up to the Fraser Coast. But how do we know you're telling the truth? How do we know you are actually because anyone can come on here and I just claim to be from the mighty Roville. We can't just take your word for it. So we are gonna play the ads during that four minutes. Jack and I are going to jump on Google and we're going to find some questions about Roval, and then we're going to speak to you again. If you get all the three questions right about Roville, you win the trip to go from Roville to the Phraser Coast.
Speaker 8: I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: Now do you know Roville very well?
Speaker 10: I've looked you for twenty years.
Speaker 3: Wow, we'll find out how well next Melinda.
Speaker 1: Stay there The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: The last couple of weeks, every Friday, we've been giving you amazing trips up to the Phraser Coast phraseer coast, super accessible. Just our direct flights from the Sueek. You can be there in under three hours. Keep booking, let's give away trip right now.
Speaker 9: It's Friday flighting.
Speaker 4: What a phrasey coast on Flighty. Christian O'Connell's gonna give you a holiday.
Speaker 3: Calling all winners. All right, then, this is all we've done. We pulled two numbers at random for post co Bingo. The numbers were seven and one. We said, if you have a postco at the house the number seven and one and called in. Now we're trying to make up a with questions about your exam postcode so we can find out are you really from where you're saying you're from. We have Melinda from Rouville ready to play with three questions only about Roville. Melinda, are you ready?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 3: And if actually getting away in some nice warm sunshine, seene some whales.
Speaker 1: I would be lovely your coup white.
Speaker 3: Okay, you say you're from Rouville, let's find out. Jack has been on Google. The whole team have been furtively researching Roville.
Speaker 5: And if you are really from Roville, you should know the answer to these questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jack, You've got the questions about Roville.
Speaker 5: Melinda. I've come to the hungry Jackson stud Road, but I've changed my mind about what I want to eat. I am now hungry for some authentic Italian food. Where should I go? At a short walk?
Speaker 11: Wow?
Speaker 3: Yes, very good, very good. One rite so far. Two more to go and you're off to the Phraser Coast. Good luck.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm full of Italian food and I'm driving down well Ellington Road. The colorful illustrations of a building have caught my attention. It's called rush HQ. What's inside rush HQ?
Speaker 8: It's a bounced type scene. It's an adventure.
Speaker 5: Center, indoor play and travel.
Speaker 3: You really are the Queen of Roville. So far, last and final question, Get it right. You're off to Fraser Coast. Good luck.
Speaker 5: I've recently become an avid golfer, Melinda, and I wouldn't want to visit a suburb that has any less than three golf courses. How many golf courses are in Roville?
Speaker 1: There's least four or five?
Speaker 8: Now is to hatch Waverley waters it belly.
Speaker 6: Val.
Speaker 5: I mean I just wanted three. That's enough.
Speaker 3: Two Fraser Coast. You said you are from Roville, You Kenedy are from Roville. Wow? Oh done. A lot of golf courses are super served out there, isn't it that giant golfing community you live in. Yes, well done? So are you taking with you? You off to phrase a coast? Well played.
Speaker 1: I'll be taking my husband with me.
Speaker 3: Awesome. He's probably playing golf right now. I'm seeing one of those eighty seven golf courses you've got mar Lago. Or he might be on the bounce trampoline La Pochetto waiting to open right now. We all know Roville so well. All right, Melinda, enjoy your trip in the sunshine.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Well, no, thanks a.
Speaker 1: Lot Christian no Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Every Friday we do something called the Naked Hour. We let you pick all the songs and last hour the show from eight this morning. We give you the theme. You pick all the songs.
Speaker 11: Oh Christian, We've got no songs for the whole hour on Nick Nick Nick Nick Nick Nick Naked Our Naked Hour, Ohick Nakenig.
Speaker 5: They get hour, they get.
Speaker 3: Hour al this morn then we're looking for an hour of power picked by you. Songs with odd numbers in the title on nine four one four one o four three big songs. Only need to ply Okay, Patsy, what are you going for?
Speaker 2: Don't get much otter than double nine ninety nine loof balloons by Nina.
Speaker 3: You don't get much shot of mate. That was a survey Family Fortune style. Ninety nine percent would say next Friday is.
Speaker 5: One number odder than in that.
Speaker 2: Mind of hers it is don't mean that mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's in my outside voice away inside boys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sometimes you gotta watch that.
Speaker 2: Get a lot of sound tracks. Despicable me three, mister nobody, my best friend's girl wedding singer b.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say wedding, Yes, Yes, this is a great song.
Speaker 2: And apparently Captain Kirk in German is still Captain Kirk.
Speaker 5: Is that one of the lyrics.
Speaker 3: Won too many thought get much? Actually what you got it? Jackie Boy song with an odd number of the title.
Speaker 5: I actually think I can get odder. I've got four odd numbers in Smashing Pumpkins.
Speaker 3: Four digit numbers again watch out Maths Clubs is back one nine seven nine fo odd numbers. Crash the numbers?
Speaker 12: What do we get?
Speaker 5: Great?
Speaker 3: So this is a brilliant album as well. I was shopping in Coal's you other sunday they were playing this have been melancholy on a Sunday? Do you shopping? Do you have some pineapples for this? And you clearly know this radio station? Well for sure we're going to play that. Oh yeah, yeah. People stuck on the hume right now, we're really just getting a Friday buzz or Smashing Pumpkins. We get those recorts every day in it Barnzy stranded with Billy Corgan from the Smashing Pumpkins. What are the odds? Songs with an odd number in the title, like Chick of the China The Chinese Chickens.
Speaker 8: To check on me.
Speaker 3: This is a great song. Ben Naked Ladies one week. Now, I'm not sure if I can get this one passer committee, Bennaked Ladies, great band, brilliant life. We've got not one and put two songs with odd numbers in the title. One is an odd number. We can all agree, Yeah, you agree?
Speaker 5: We have one week. That's right, meets the criteria.
Speaker 3: Here's another song with one in the title. If I had one.
Speaker 5: Dollars, my argument is one million.
Speaker 3: You didn't hear me, mate, I said if I had one dollars, if I had one dollars, not that one million. Sure he might say what he emphasized the one part of it, which is an odd number.
Speaker 5: He doesn't even say.
Speaker 3: He says, God, damn it. Man, ladies, you ain't helping me here. You scratched out. Then back to drambore checking the China out the Chinese chickens. You looked at me.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 3: Podcast coming up next, then the day. Could you pick all the songs on a Friday, We give you a theme, songs with odd numbers and a title. That's some brilliant once coming through. Thank you very much, everyone calling in christ This is from Gas. What about one Vision by Queen. This is a good song, It's and this is a great one. Five in a Row by d J De Generation Gas has obviously got a true hate memory. This is a dog works right now for a little bit where some of you will know this, I'll remember it. And one word baby animals, one word yeah, We've got to play this. That's so Natalie, all right, let's see what you want on nine four one four one O four three. Claire, good morning, good morning team. How are we happy Friday? Claire? What can we play?
Speaker 10: Nineteen ninety nine by Prince four.
Speaker 3: Odd numbers as well, Jackie, Oh yeah, yeah, awesome song. Thank you very much, Claire. Enjoy your weekend. Mac, good morning, Matt's Christian Mane.
Speaker 8: I'd love to hear a bit of It's three am. I must be lonely.
Speaker 3: Let's break out the match box. Let's break out the match box. It's been played, my friends. That is in the mix. I love that song. Thank you, enjoying just you and I Buddy arm an arm lighters in the air, Lee, good.
Speaker 13: Morning, good morning, Happy Friday.
Speaker 3: What would you love us to play?
Speaker 8: I would love a little bit of seven Days by Craig Daily bloody.
Speaker 3: Hell two thousands, tip CD. What a weekly? Head my Wednesday? Why not the Craig David tuck on it, my friend? Thank you very much. What a song do we are? We breaking out Craig Day, but.
Speaker 5: We can't play Smashing Publicans, but we can play.
Speaker 3: This has got vibe, so it's actually in the tone of a one. I love the song. You're going to be the right movie. It's like God, God damn, it's Friday, guys, you're on the hot one gold Well, what a week to be discussed? All right, let's go to Dylan. Good morning, Dylan. Hey, good morning, Dylan, want world? Would you love us to play? Yeah, get in both, Patty going for this night night too obvious balloons.
Speaker 2: I'm sure everyone's over my love affair with Brian Adams.
Speaker 3: Everyone's up to speak with you and if you do with you, okay, thank you very much. Come on, come on this the last day? Why don't we just.
Speaker 7: Tuesday?
Speaker 3: So good morning? Oh no, I faded to that, so good morning, good morning, Good morning, Sue. Would you love us to play song with an odd number in the title.
Speaker 10: I've got several odd numbers for you, eight six, seven, five for you.
Speaker 3: Thank you you play this, Huggy starts waking up right now here be listening. He going play christ you have to play too. It's a great one. Thank you very much, and let's get to Carl now. Good morning, Carl, good more in Christian and team, Happy Friday. Welcome to the show. What can we play you.
Speaker 7: Well, I've got a double head for we really nine to five the Dolly Partners that Dolly Parton song or the Shana Eastern song work?
Speaker 12: What a well?
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Carl, enjoy your weekend. All right, we've got some decisions to make.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I just missed the end of that because Patsy was something to tell us a story about her grandmother. I'm not even making this up. I'm so glad that song ended them because actually I've had a hell Mary saved there, hell Mary passes all I heard with my grandmother and back to the show. All right, I'm sorry, a little bit chaos a good moment. We've been working frantically behind the scenes. We're trying to put something together which hopefully can maybe work. I'll be honest with this, this probably won't work, but we're going to try it anyway. The idea is this sound effect theater. I've got a couple of sound effects here and I wanted to have a listen to them, right And if you've got a story that you would call up with and say, Christian, I'm going to need the crash sound effect or Christian, I'm going to need the chickens sound effect, I'll get ready. We won't know what your story is. We'll all listen. At some moment I will play the sound effect that you requested. So today you might have a story that involves something might have been dropped into a body of war to a phone in the toilet, or you might have a story involving Jack just said to Perhats if you've got a story involving chicken is actually do you? Is it about your grandmother?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Got a big build up, so much pressure.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if you can handle this.
Speaker 5: It's the pressures on the storyteller.
Speaker 3: But it's also you would go there's a workshop's now, so I go, Hi their gold Happy Friday, Hi.
Speaker 2: Christian Hijack, how are you Happy Friday? I've got a story about a chalk about my nana. So she lived on a farm, and she yep, that's it. And anyway she when we went out one day when I was a kid, there was a chick running around without its head. So but no, but the story is it can run around without its head for quite a long right.
Speaker 3: You know what I've said, This probably won't work. I can now upgrade that, would you?
Speaker 5: Because the chicken cut the other sound effect.
Speaker 3: The other soundffect I had ready for this game was despite Patsy's best efforts to kill this, I will not buckle. We are playing sound effect theater. Okay, nine four one four one o four three. Have you got a story that would involve or have you got a story that would involve my favorite one I want. I want only one thing to the next a chicken story, just one, or a story that would involve Now the person that does this is the best. There is an amazing price. It is cold at the moment, you can be warmed up. We have an amazing trip another one Fraser Coast. We're going to fly you for an amazing trip up to Fraser Go. So the best story we get involving is splash chickens or applause.
Speaker 1: Wins a trip to go to A phrase of pa Christian no Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: How are we looking for sound effects theater? Rio is not the voice of confidence normally, but my producers are always super confident.
Speaker 5: No, maybe Rio and I just got particularly dud bounces on the court.
Speaker 3: Did you get headless chicken? One?
Speaker 5: I got to headless chicken. Listen to a word said, no headless cheek.
Speaker 3: Come on, guys in the middle of the school run.
Speaker 1: It's not Ka and Jay.
Speaker 3: You weren't headless stories. You got to Kay and Joe. I've got a great prize is sending off to the Fraser Coast. Fraser Coast is now super accessible with direct flights available now with Jetstart you can be there in under three hours. This is an amazing price going up there for a couple of days. You have an amazing time up on the Fraser Coast. All right, So the way you win this then you caught us up. Have you got a story? Sound effect theater? On nine four one four one four three you say the sound effect We listen to your story. So does it involve as splash your story? Does it involve chickens with their heads intact? Does someone's actually testing? Does it have there fall three? I really need this break. I was in a good mood and you I'm afraid listen, I'm talking to you. You've actually ruined it today. Why would you have a story where I rescued the chicken and I was on I don't know the project talking about. I'm not laughing. I'm crying nine four four one four three.
Speaker 5: Let's see how I go?
Speaker 3: Yeah, shall we? Hey? Joe morning, Good morning Joe. So which sound effect will you be needing? It's a splash splash? Okay, Joe, what's your story for sound effects? Theater?
Speaker 12: So we were away for our honeymoon and we're eating under a big tast with like about one hundred or two hundred people in Vietnam, and then torrential rains came through and it was getting bigger and bigger. The rain was building up on top of the tarp, and then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, the tarp split and all the water landed on my wife. Poor wife, she was the only one.
Speaker 3: That the water. It looked like a specific kind of drone strike just on her. She was the target.
Speaker 5: Well, some kind of nickelodeon where they slim people.
Speaker 3: Joe, good start. Thank you very much for I have a nice weekend. Let's got to Geraldine. Now, good morning, Geraldine. Hi, and so Geraldine, thanks for taking part in sound effect theater? And which sound effect?
Speaker 10: Will we be needing the chicken please?
Speaker 3: I'm ready, off you go.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 6: So I'm a midwife and a few years ago we had a couple that came into the hospital to be induced for labor, and the husband asked if he could actually bring a live chicken into the hospital so that his wife could pat it on the head five times before we actually induced her, because it's supposed to be in their culture a sign of luck prior to the birth.
Speaker 3: Wow, and granted their wishes.
Speaker 6: Sorry, they got Yeah, the hospital allow it?
Speaker 5: The hospital yes?
Speaker 3: And did the chickens stay throughout the birth or was it just inf a bent pat five times and then.
Speaker 6: Out the back door pat five times and then taken home?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What about setting a president? You know, I've got a gerbil I just want to have it here. You know, suddenly he got like a zoo in there. Wow, this is an extraordinary to a very very good chicken story. No chickens lost their heads, that's true, all right, Geraldine. Okay, might be you going to the Fraser Coast. Let's see nine four three. You got any stories involving or did we just hit paid up with Jaldine? Still none for and Joe, give us a great one involving the slash. It would take more of your stories. Next in Sound Effect Theater, not looking so.
Speaker 1: Bad The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: There we go back, Yeah we will Sound Effect Theater. Do you have us more with thinking Sound Effect Theater? Do you have a story involving us awesome chucks or three ways to win a trip to the Sunshine On Fraser Friday? Friday, Fraser Coast is waiting for you.
Speaker 1: And good morning, Good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: Morning, welcome to the show, Happy Friday. Okay, what sound effect you need?
Speaker 8: Danje I need the applause? Please?
Speaker 3: All right, I'm ready, off you go. Okay.
Speaker 8: So I was competing in a triathlon and one of the most popular places before a tryson begins is the portaloos. So there was a big role of port loose. I'd waited to my turn at the front. I was wearing a one piece bathing suit, and so I went into the toilet and I was sitting down, but I hadn't locked the door correctly, and it flew open out ways, so I had to stand up and I was stark naked, and everyone in the line was looking at me, and they went and exactly that. They all clapped, and I pulled the door closed and stayed.
Speaker 3: In there for as long as pop the You wait for the crowd to disperse, Yeah, I did.
Speaker 8: It took a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just a great story. Thank you very much for show, and have a lovely weekend. That's got a Sam Now morning Sam, Good morning everyone. All right, Sam. So the sound effect needed for your story is brush a splash. Alright, Well, I'm ready, off you go.
Speaker 10: So a while ago, my daughter, when she was only two and a half, it was a cold winter day but you know, sunshining, so we waited for a walk down Frankston Pier, got an ice cream, walked to the end of the pier and then she saw some fishies, so she I sat her down and then I went to sit down beside her, and I slipped and I fell in my purse in one hand, my keys in the other. I turned around to grab something and I accidentally grabbed her and pulled her in with me and a guy ended up jumping in and saving it. But the worst class was a few days later in the local paper front page, big headline, Toddler nearly drowns off end of pier due to mother's attention being.
Speaker 3: Rang them.
Speaker 10: I rang them up because I wanted to thank the guy that helped us. Ah, had you know the mother slipped? I said, because I'm her.
Speaker 3: So incredible, Yeah, very much, incredible story, Sam, thank you very much. Calling in one last one? Oh well, feon a splash and the chicken sound effects.
Speaker 14: Yep, I have. I'm in the bath and I live in the country. I've brought chickens. I hear the stressed chicken sounds. Look out and there's a fox with one of my chickens in its mouth. I leap out of the bath, water goes everywhere, grab done, and I chase that fox down, screaming like a banshee. It's got my chicken in its mouth, and I'm screaming at the top of my voice. Run through the paddic fox gets terrified by this nude woman and he drops the chicken and run and I up my chicken and it survives.
Speaker 13: Tell you what happened after I've been screaming so loudly the only neighborly dent neighbor has got me walking stick and he's come up with property and I'm in the padding starts.
Speaker 3: He knew what he was after? Why not? I knew she was looking at me. Funny. Just give me out to get up that part.
Speaker 14: The chickens leaves part another day.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: Well it's an epic story, story of our times, and you are today's deserved winner. Brilliant story, our first ever winner. On Sound of Her Theater. You after the phrase the coast. Oh my god, seriously, yes, yeah, you have to phrase the coast. Take whoever you want with you. It's an amazing trip. Will fly you up there. You're up there for about five nights, staying a luxuries for sorts. You're going on a helicopter tour as well, going a beautiful seventy five mile beach waiting for You're going to have an amazing time.
Speaker 14: Oh Christian, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Thank it's a crazy story.
Speaker 13: It is a crazy story.
Speaker 14: I'm a crazy woman.
Speaker 5: Take the old man who lives next year, feed him to the whales.
Speaker 12: So much.
Speaker 3: Oh no, thank you so much for sharing story. Really really made us laugh. Thank you so much. Your great story teller Fiona, thank you bye, She's off, is it? She never want them crying at the end of it. You know it's not going well, but hey, sound effect the eter is back, my friends. Well.
Speaker 1: Christian connell's show podcast, It's.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show. Today on the time, was sir, another great prize you can win for free for a whole year. Brilliant streaming service Stan. It is is thirty five days ago until the Pali Olympics and STAN the Home of the Olympics are doing a great thing every single event. If you're a couch sports fan like me, the Olympics is a gift. I ended up going on and suddenly can be an hour watching rifle shooting because there's someone Australian there. You've never heard of it? Why not? I've got nothing else going on right now. I'm all in on this key event. You're googling up how does it work? How do they train? Where's this guy from?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 3: On STAN the Home Olympics, it's every single event on demand ad free. Also on STAN we were talking about this week was the movie Sully and Rio. One of the team said that.
Speaker 5: He said it looked like trash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and obviously we tore a one because this is an amazing story. Tom Hanks does a great job of bringing the real life story of what Captain Suddy did to life on stan Is Captain Sully. If you've never seen it before, it's a great Hanks movie.
Speaker 5: I formally retract. Wow, wow, huge, massively good.
Speaker 4: And it's only like ninety minutes.
Speaker 5: Perfect language.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's only nineteen minutes. It's not too long.
Speaker 4: Doesn't overstay to take your time telling a story.
Speaker 3: Character.
Speaker 4: And I didn't know all that stuff happened after that. He was like victimized.
Speaker 3: Investigator three years of his life. He was a hero. I didn't real it was.
Speaker 4: It's actually really really good. I was a rare instance where I've been wrong.
Speaker 3: Hanksio is great.
Speaker 9: He's really good. He's better, much better than Elvis. I can see why everyone says he's such a good actor.
Speaker 2: Well, he didn't play Elvis played the Eternal first start exactly.
Speaker 3: There's there's so much evidence that he's a great it's never been a mystery is he a great actor or not?
Speaker 4: Now this finally puts the rest. Tom Hanks.
Speaker 3: Feels like we've made Reo apologize. It's one of those videos where you don't quite believe what the sound look, I'm not buying it.
Speaker 5: Did you did you watch the whole? I don't know. I watched it last night. I was packing. Ah, while you're packing something in the background.
Speaker 3: It is disrespectful to Captain Sully and also Thomas Hanks.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, no, great ending, great movie. Oh yeah, how was description?
Speaker 5: Servers?
Speaker 2: What was your favorite?
Speaker 9: The best at the end was when they have the big there's that board guy and he's he he says, he sort of eats his words.
Speaker 4: Is I've never seen a crash appen in real life? Mia Kulpa, I was wrong, and Tom Hanks says, just quietly, Nod says, yes, I was right.
Speaker 5: What a moment. I don't remember like that.
Speaker 3: Anyway, you can win stand free per a year, dear. All right, today we're looking for your fancy movies. Fancy movies Private School of Rock, Silus, Get Carters, the classic seventies gangster. Yeah. The posh version of that is Get Cutier Gold, King Olf, It's a great John Goodman's kids movie. It's so good. King Ralph, the posh version of course, King Ralph Lauran Gold when Prince Harry met Sally, Hello, coming up, silver croquet, Dundee out that lawn croquet? Right now, Jack, what have you got fancy movies?
Speaker 5: Not Oppenheimer top hat Heimer.
Speaker 9: No, no.
Speaker 3: I wanted it to be so good.
Speaker 2: I said, like opera, that's good.
Speaker 3: Gold for Patsy Salem's yacht. That's very smart. Actually, bronze, that's how you are. That's how he marked smart.
Speaker 5: Ones, Sonic, the hedge Fund, very good, that's very good gold. And did you like a fish called Wander? You'll love a lavish called Wander. I don't know that, Mia Copper, have another one, another opera? Heimer, Bronze.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, we're looking for your posh movies now in the time where so Jack, you're into Mark, Let's go twelve fancy men bonds. Stephan Grappelli on the roof, Wow, we I think he's a jazz violinist. Isn't too smart? Bronze, Jules very I think it jazz finliness, grapelly. I don't know why I'm asking the team. They're the least likely people to go bend it, like Victoria Beckham. So fancy, very funny, Grappelli's on the roof, Weighty toy Ty time machine.
Speaker 5: Cold to such a.
Speaker 3: Edward Silken Hands Gold, Weekend at Barbados, Silver, Caviar Dundee Silver, Hi Ta At Tiffany's Silver plus. That's good, Chaser, pretty stuck up woman, April Crock and Boosh Dundee so good, Laura, well done, Crock on Boush Dundee. That is it?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Good Day after Tomorrow Gold. That's very good. Clint Kung frou Frou Panda bronze not John Wick, John Schmidt. God, he's doing cut in that suit. Danny, well done. Ten things I Bill Gates about, Oh Stuart, that is very good, Lock Barrock and two Smoking Cigars silver, very good. And the cat in the top hat gold. Yeah, all right, who's getting stand free for years? Some very good ones there.
Speaker 5: Congrats. I think it was Laura for Crook and Bush Dundee.
Speaker 3: That's right, Laura Delpozzo, you are the winner, which actually is a posha sounding name as well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Now, the last couple of weeks, some of you have been generously trying to write some lyrics, like an end of the week End of the show, song two boysome men and uh well, Producer Coadien, do you want to tell us about the inspiration you've actually written these?
Speaker 4: I wrote this very proud of it.
Speaker 2: It's about, you know, the end of this show today and what's kind of for us in the future, which.
Speaker 5: Is a two week break.
Speaker 3: That's a really nice wed So it's kind of like go flipping the birds to the listeners who actually don't have a ridiculously indulgent job like this where you don't get a random two week break in the middle of the year.
Speaker 5: Think of this when you're getting ready for work on Monday morning.
Speaker 3: He's out stuck on the stuck in opinion. We won't be suck on that.
Speaker 5: Listen there, it's informative.
Speaker 3: Hi, enjoy those listeners. Now we've come to the end of the show and we have to go where onto. We're not good, the optics are bad, and we'll sorry, guys, I should have heard before the show, but I haven't had yet.
Speaker 14: That is it.
Speaker 3: It feels like an out of office email reply. It's got all the warmth of that wow to actually not that shame of whys were you're laughing? You went in there recording it, You're both Pumpman and this. You should have spent only time in one thing watching Captain Sully, probably not packing. Perhaps you know these two were off on holiday to night in Vietnam. Yes, I know it sounds already.
Speaker 2: Gone if they checked out on Monday.
Speaker 3: That's the markets reply. I'm so sorry, listeners, I was having me for an emotional Jerry spring at ending.
Speaker 5: I haven't got it for anything urging you can email.
Speaker 13: Wow.
Speaker 3: We well, we are where we are all right, Well, we're back in the times. We are on a short break right now. We are about very very soon. If you miss the show, those over a thousand podcasts where you get your podcasts from from me, Jakobats and the whole team. Thank you very much for everything you do for the show every single day. The time waste is taking part and stuff like what we're trying to push make you do by having a big shiny character beat you over the head with holiday day. If we hadn't had that holiday, of course you're not calling.
Speaker 5: In anticipated the show now, you have no choice.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for making a show with us. It's just a very special job that we're lucky to do it with you. Guys. We will see you very soon, because yeah, you get it.
Speaker 1: Wan to break The Christian O'Connell Show podcast