Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian No Common Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, six word weekend for me, it all happened Friday night. I've got a message on my phone at ten o'clock from my nineteen year old daughter who's left home at university and obviously now she's enjoying her independence. But you know, that weekend she was at some sort of party and I get this message on my phone. It simply said, how do you make yourself not so drunk? Right, once it's in.
Speaker 3: The body, you can't really get.
Speaker 2: It out when I read that back, but my glasses on going that, actually, how do you make yourself not so drunk? So read it out to my wife and we press pause on what we're watching on Netflix, and my wife goes, because sometimes you do get better. Oh, they didn't message me about that. My wife goes, oh, they didn't message me about that. Went. I think it's a bash of honor that she thought. Which one out of my carriers will know too much about? How about this area?
Speaker 3: This is definitely a go to.
Speaker 2: My dad on this one.
Speaker 1: Needs a wisdom.
Speaker 3: The guy who said he was doing that October so rocked over and then by Friday, the second was already offered.
Speaker 2: Six long days, jack how do you make yourself not so drunk? So first thing I did right, Obviously Ringer does not want to talk to me, so that I'm in the toilet, I already know what stage we're at now it's Almo's a bit too late, isn't it? And so she was all right. The big thing I advised, which was obviously number one, I tested back block capitals in separate messages, stopped drinking two water carbs, get as many carbs as you can. And how later as she rang she was like, I'm a bit better now, I'm a bit better now?
Speaker 1: Is that great?
Speaker 2: Jackie boy? What's your six word weekend?
Speaker 3: I'd love to know why we're more likely to cry on planes. This usually happens to me if we fly long distance, but it happened to be just from the our flight Sydney to Melbourne.
Speaker 2: We've been high up there where I noticed that the height and it's heightened emotions. Where when I was flying back from the UK a couple of months ago with my daughter, we both picked a movie to watch together and it's put Some Boots and Some Boots movie. I was in bits.
Speaker 3: I watched King Kong once The Jack Blackwie, I think was critically panned, but that's enough to make me cry. I was reading a beautiful, honestly beautiful book on the weekend and finished it called Writers and Lovers.
Speaker 2: That's not my favorite Boe brilliant at the end of it.
Speaker 3: I was at the end of it. But what made it even more heart melting for me was it was Bianke's copy of a book and she'd underlined part of this character's journey where she was really insecure about chasing her own dreams and she was making a transition from not doing it working as a waitress, of becoming a writer and sending off her novel to publishers. And Bianca had underlined this really nice passage about having insecurity in your dreams. And I looked at her, I said, I understand why you've highlighted that, and we were both crying together.
Speaker 2: What a beautiful moment. She's like, she's sending you a note in it. I love.
Speaker 3: I absolutely love reading anybody's book who's got like their highlighted or something or even written in the margins. Is you really it's revealing of that person?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is. There is something about have you ever done that person. You're crying all right when you watch it, even if it's a TV show or documentary, it feels more. This is all emotional.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I cried a drop of a hat any given time, but yeah, I totally get it. Well, Christian Connells Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Still coming in with your six weekends. Why don't everyone did the marathon yesterday? One of you was just texting Christian, I am dead from the marathon. I hear it's walking downstairs that hurts the most of the day after it. Well done, though, Christian sun got university offer. Proud parents. That's from Rick now, Rick, actually I do know. He sent me a lovely email when my first daughter to leave home at Ruby at the start of this year. So Rick, is that the last one to go? My wife and I because the first of our two daughters left home. Now we're finding there's a lot more time for us at weekends, and my wife has decided to fill that with a lot of one day courses. Two weeks time, wean a clashing course together to give up. Looking forward to that one, I said, I'll willingly do that one. The other alternative was two other ones. Right, make your own candles. I went end it now? End it now? If I'm making candles at the weekend, end it now? The other one was the.
Speaker 1: The other one?
Speaker 2: Make your own perfume. My wife is enrolled to go on that with a friend of hers. I think I know what I'm going for Christmas. I made you this perfume. Why buy a nice one? Why buy nice one? I can make you one. Christian, I went to the dog Expo yesterday, lots of free treats, a my bestie and Christian first time changing tire freaking hard. All right, So right now we're talking about what is it when you're on a plane and you're up in the sky. Maybe it's a height the heightened emotions. You're watching a TV show, a movie, a documentary, doesn't matter what it is. Suddenly you feel way more emotional. It's a completely different experience. Jackad is finishing a book yesterday on a plane. What's it for you? Nine four one four one oh four three Christian, I cried so badly on a plane. I've already seen it watched before. I was watching this on somebody else's TV screen. Why is it so enjoyable watching what? Even if they're like two rows ahead of me, I start watching it for suddenly I'm like half an how I've been watching it like karaoke? And he started, because you know what it is. You start mouthing bits, I'm leaving you. And then they paused, got a toilet, and went, am I going to tour it too? Get back into this, Christian. I cried on the pane watching somebody else's TV screen. They were watching Marley and me. You don't even need Yeah, you can have the sound down. We all know where you are in that movie. Christian. I couldn't bear it. It was heartbreaking again. I could just tell the dog had died. I bored h for Nancy. Christian. Just when I was boreding the plane to move into State, I saw my dogs on the trailer and their little crates. They were bored in the plane with all the suitcases. I cried the whole trip worrying about them. They were under there. Uh this is from Melinda. Bowed my eyes out watching this is a heartbreak of a movie on here on planet Earth. My Sister's Keeper. I mean that should come with a warning before on a plane, like be very careful. My sister's Keeper is a heart Have you seen that?
Speaker 3: No, but I worked at Hoyt when that was out of the cinema, so every second person coming out of the theater had tears in the.
Speaker 2: You're hollowed out after that. Let's go to Marine now, come morning, Marie, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 4: Was lucky enough to go to Europe this year, so I had multiple flights and multiple times I made myself cry. So Elvis was the first one. I had no idea A Heartbreakers went on to Whitney again, very sad, and I finished it off again with the Tom Hanks and a man called Otto.
Speaker 2: Jackie boy, you love that movie?
Speaker 3: Sweet, very Sweet's still it.
Speaker 4: Is absolutely worth the watch, really beautiful. Even though you know he's going to sorry for them twice, he does die in the end.
Speaker 3: Seen it, Elvis, You're allowed to do that.
Speaker 2: There can't be a spoiler. A lot about Elvis. We now we ended up.
Speaker 3: I was going, what it doesn't make it?
Speaker 2: You can't kills in a movie? Oh no, just get it trending r I p otto, Oh my good god, I did. I'm definitely not watching it. I can't see Tom Hanks tying a movie.
Speaker 3: No you have to watch it.
Speaker 2: No, I can't because I'll be bracing myself for impact. The time
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian of Carl's Show podcast