Speaker 1: Flex and Froda Kittie Buyes, it's flex and from the froom. Yeah, I feel like I'm so sorry, but the butchering is happening with your name. Initially it was me Fleximami, Flex Miami, and now because of the creative flares I've taken with your name, now people just can't say rooms. There was no difficulty before I started calling you. Flew me through me, Fromeni, Frominda. I can't even say it.
Speaker 2: We get a little headline on CINNY Morning Herald last week, shout out, shout out Flumes, who can't even say it myself, flex.
Speaker 3: And flumes, which sounds great, but it's not you.
Speaker 2: It sounds like it reminds me. Do you know spy kids, those little thumbs. I don't know what they call, but that's what I see when I hear Flumes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely think of uh like a middle aged guy wearing high waisted pants like dress pants, Flume Flumes.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Alas podcasting time.
Speaker 1: I love a pretty podcast speaking at length with no breaks. Yeah, no time for back and forth as well, like a single train, a stream of consciousness, just just support from you. Yeah, today's gonna be a great one. We of course talk about Love Island. It is back nature is healing. But I don't know if it's unfortunate or just different. But they've changed the format and they didn't announce it to the very first episode, and I feel like had I have known, I wouldn't feel any different about it, but I just would have liked some notice. So the format's change, the vibe is different. Is it going to be super juicy?
Speaker 3: I feel like it might be a bit of a bit of bisexuality happening. I hope, so.
Speaker 2: Very nice. Well shall we Yeah, I guess, so this is flex and frooms. I have something to say about people who share Facebook accounts. We've all seen it. It's the Lisa and Girard, it's the Lilian and Thomas.
Speaker 3: That's cute, and it's all so the.
Speaker 2: End is obviously the middle initial. Yes, they are pretending to be one person, but it's a couple, a co created co lab face account lab. I found people talking about this on Reddit because I was looking at the weirdest things that people do in a long term relationship that they thought they would never do, and the top one was sharing a Facebook account. And I think this has been spoken about before because it illustrates a few potential pitfalls in a relationship, and the biggest one, of course, is a lack of trust. And in the comment section, people were saying, if you have a shared Facebook account, it's because you have a lack of trust. His few things that they said screams trust issues. Right, My first question is always okay, who cheated? Someone also said it's a need to control when you have a lack of control. And something that I thought was the most interesting because this is obviously from like question back crack, is that you're back.
Speaker 3: That's my own shoulder joint, both shoulders, not just the one, the left one. It's like, get out of.
Speaker 2: Here, somebody wrote in, and I found this super interesting because obviously it happens across generations. Good lord, my dad does this to my poor mum. It's not control or trust, it's just marchoism.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: I'm like, is marchoism? I think he's talking about his dad being marcho right, Yeah, he's giving alpha male alpha male that's kicking the dad is very quiet and socially anxious, which comes off as stoic. A joint account is the equivalent of standing behind my mum. While she happily chats up everyone in the room. When he does make a post or comment, he'll usually delete it an hour later.
Speaker 3: Oh fascinating.
Speaker 2: So that's a third type of person that shares in a account. First you've got your cheaterh Then you've got your trust issues. Then you've got the dad who just wants to stand behind the mum. He's a spectator, yes, and it really shows that some people are so super anxious about having a social media presence. I think the most interesting thing that I want to understand is when you're talking to this person who has a joint account, are they telling you which one it is? Am I talking to Graham? Or you would have to sign off realistically.
Speaker 1: Or there's like a primary user, the admin, the moderator, and the other person just says access to the account. Like they're not uploading into the Facebook albums, they're not making the statuses.
Speaker 3: There's one spokesperson on behalf of both.
Speaker 2: Of them, so it's kind of like a mar.
Speaker 3: Speaking on behalf of her and Graham.
Speaker 2: Right, would you have a problem interacting Let's say your best friend had a shared account, would you have a problem interacting with him or her knowing that their partner was watching.
Speaker 3: Um, I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I have a different relationship to the Internet, because one might say what we're doing right now is an equivalent of a shared account, Like what we're building now is kind.
Speaker 3: Of what they're doing.
Speaker 1: We're saying like, if you want flex and rooms, come to us here and we'll talk to you together at the same time as a solid unit in matrimony. Perhaps it's just a convenience thing, like if I'm tagging you in the same photos and we're at the same place and we're raising the same kids, let's just have the one account.
Speaker 3: Why we're gonna have two? Yeah, facts. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It seems like a generational thing. I can't imagine, like if you popped up tomorrow and had a shared account with a new partner, I'd assume it was.
Speaker 3: Like a bit you know, well, my sister.
Speaker 2: So, my sister's only thirty and she shares an account with her boyfriend I don't live, like he's essentially lives with her on Facebook.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like an Olivia n boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think maybe they've done a complete pseudonym. Oh yeah, so in their little microcosm, basically just use Facebook Marketplace. But I still even think that if you're not interacting with people that you know on you know, through the Facebook account, but you're still on Facebook marketplace, think about it. You're both using it on separate phones. So therefore it would be really interesting to know what is it, what ads are coming up, you know, just targeted.
Speaker 3: Out at what you're really thinking about. Actually, I'm thinking you're skewing the analytics.
Speaker 2: Why did you say you were When was your birthday?
Speaker 3: Is it your anniversary?
Speaker 1: Look, I think the same person who would share a Facebook account or have a joint account is the same kind of person who'd have a joint bank account would share a room with their partner.
Speaker 3: That's sick. Who gets it when they break up?
Speaker 2: Who gets the Facebook?
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, just delete it, delete all the memories with it. Now, that's terrible.
Speaker 1: This is a weird phenomena, and I'm sure that give it ten years. When people of our age group and younger transition into the next stage of life, then I can I think I'll have a better analysis of what that looks like because I don't think I know anyone who has a shared account, so I could only the person I'm picturing is some stereotypical Midwestern person with a live laugh love mural in their apartment and a barnyard aesthetic in their home.
Speaker 2: Well, just for clarification, that's not my sister. She listens to this show and that would greatly offend her. So gipsy, I'm not thinking of your sister. I'm not thinking of a thirty year old, like cool millennial. I'm thinking of like a forty two year old mother of two two silly boys, me and my silly boy. Yeah, this is flex and frooms on Kita.
Speaker 3: Am I the asshole for coming out at my sister's wedding?
Speaker 2: You just really launched into that. Yeah, but I feel like I was ready for it. It's a hypothetic. We're not talking about you. You're not a gay man.
Speaker 3: We could be, would I be?
Speaker 2: You could be?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well we're doing Am I the asshole? If it wasn't clear enough, listen to this. It's a twenty nine year old guy, let's call him Adam, and up until last week, he hadn't told his family that he was gay. They always suspected it, but they never really asked because it's not approved of in his family.
Speaker 3: So we kind of know what's going on here.
Speaker 1: So he has three sisters, Michelle who's thirty six, Julia who's thirty five.
Speaker 3: And Annie who's twenty two.
Speaker 1: And he's been dating guy called Peter for a couple of months, but he hasn't told his family yet. So his older sister, Michelle got married last week and during the reception, lots of people were making toasts, including his dad. His dad said something along the lines of I finally have my first son in law, and hopefully I will soon have two more, maybe someday even a daughter in law. If Sissy pants here, man's up and gets a girlfriend. Now, everybody laughed except his middle sister, Julia. Right, So after the toasts and before dinner, Julia comes over and she's like, oh my god, are you okay? And Adam's like, looking real sad. He's not hiding it very well. The vibes are not up. Adam's like, yeah, I'm fine. Dad's comment just bugged me, and she said to try and let it go, and he did ish. Anyway, during dinner, there was like heaps of tables and all his immediate family were at the same table. His dad starts asking him if he has a girlfriend already, and if he will give him grandkids that whole spiel we've been there. Adam brushes it off, and then Michelle, his older sister who's getting married, comes by to the table to you know, do what brides do, meet and greets and says, well, I can hook you up with my bridesmaid if you want to, unless you are wired the wrong way. Julia middle sister, the one who checked on Adam, rolled her eyes, and then Adam's mom says, maybe you should have that girl bride'smaid come over here. He needs to be with a woman at his age. Adam just loses it, just loses it, absolutely hysterical, and goes, actually, mum, I'm gay.
Speaker 3: Night drop.
Speaker 1: The whole table goes silent. Some other people around other tables heard too. Is a whole commotion, a whole affair anyway. Michelle bride starts crying, says, I ruined her wedding with my awful confession.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Most of his family says he's an asshole for saying it. Julia Middle sisters on his side and says that she's perfectly fine with him being gay, and if our family or their family didn't want to hear it, then they should have stayed quiet. So is Adam the asshole for ruining Michelle's wedding? Is a lot to digest at once. I told it like, I was there.
Speaker 3: Your eye was there, realistically I was there? Is he the asshole? Yes?
Speaker 2: Or no? For me, it's a hard no. It's a hard no coming out saying yeah, yeah, stop me, stop it now. Now it's Pride month.
Speaker 3: But enough.
Speaker 2: Look, my thoughts on this are that if your family is making it such a big deal for you to have never come out, you may as well absolutely blast them out of the water with a diabolical confession at a wedding, make it at a heterosexual.
Speaker 3: Wedding, shatter their traditions.
Speaker 2: Somebody calling you a sissy in a city pants, cissy pants.
Speaker 1: Your dad calling you a sissy pants unprovoked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's awful. At least he's got one sister that gets it. I feel like you need one person in your family that actually understands how to be a normal person. Sounds awful.
Speaker 3: It's such a terrible predicament.
Speaker 1: Also because you know, like nobody wants to be putt in an uncomfortable position anyway, and also in the context of a wedding being gained up on by your family. I don't know if you've ever experienced that, where like your family gets a bit too comfortable roasting you in front of other people.
Speaker 3: You're like, wait a.
Speaker 1: Second, please don't make me. Don't make me because you're not gonna like what I do. It's a threat that they pushed Adam too far, and who wants to come out that way? Like they've just ruined his story. It's like gonna stick with him for all the wrong reasons.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I hope that one day they wake up and realize what they've done.
Speaker 3: I don't think they will. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel quite old to still be holding these archaic expectations of a man. Anyway, Adam, you're not the asshole. We stand by you. Adam.
Speaker 1: Tell your parents Flexive room said you suck parents fleck and rooms.
Speaker 2: We spend a lot of time in this room together. It's a small studio sound protection. You can't really hear what's on the outside.
Speaker 3: I would disagree. I'm always hearing.
Speaker 1: I'm hearing footsteps, footfalls, someone washing their dishes outside.
Speaker 2: Well, if you really want to do, you could enter the most quiet room in the entire world. Somebody has made a room that is so quiet that people can't even stay in there more than forty five minutes. What So, basically it's this place. It's like, it's called an ntoic chamber at all Field Laboratories in Minnesota, and basically it's so silent that it's actually negative decibels and.
Speaker 3: Probably feels like you're drowning. Yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Can't even imagine. It's like it's like when you're in a room with all lights off and you completely I don't feel like a human being. I feel like simply a spirit, a spirit, a spirit. But basically, in twenty thirteen, the guy that started it said, we challenge people to sit in the chamber in the dark. One person stayed in there for forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: Well, so that's where they know, that's where that's where they've set you up, because when are we ever just sitting in the room in the dark. It'd be stressing. It'd be stressful under any circumstances, not just because it's quiet. Put me in a regular room like this one that's quiet, I'm sure you'd be fine.
Speaker 2: Well, they're not fine. But apparently when it's quiet, your ears will adapt. But the quieter room, the more things you here, ipso facto, You'll hear your heart beating, You'll hear your lungs, You'll hear your stomach gurgling loudly. In the the chioic chamber, you become the sound. But the room isn't just for torturing people. Apparently. Supposedly companies test their products in it to find out how loud they are.
Speaker 3: So you know, some love their products in it to figure out how loud they are. Yeah, that's important.
Speaker 2: No, I get a Yeah, and NASA even use it to help astronauts prepare for space.
Speaker 3: Get us in there, Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can do it down. I feel like we have marketing budget.
Speaker 3: Barock, producer, Barock.
Speaker 2: Did you say, get in there and pull your pants down? No, getting there, pull your pants down?
Speaker 3: Why would I ever?
Speaker 1: No, I think we could go. I think we could do it. All right, we'll stand back, break the world record. We'll do forty six minutes, crank it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I wouldn't mind not hearing anything for a little bit. A flex and frooms.
Speaker 3: We are celebrating.
Speaker 1: I have a pep in my step, a joy in my loins, a lust for life.
Speaker 2: A rocket in my pocket that's in my bum hole.
Speaker 1: See you could have just left it there like it could have, and I all, I can see it in your eyes when you know the perfect time to stop.
Speaker 3: And you crank it. You trail off those you crank it, but you always take it too far. Love Island UK is back.
Speaker 1: It is hand on heart the best dating reality TV show in the whole wide world.
Speaker 2: I will say Big Brother O one walked, so Love Island twenty twenty two could run. You think yeah, because I feel like the whole idea of like early Big Brothers, dating was a massive part of it and those storylines are the most popular. And then obviously Big Brother, you're an ex contestant, you can tell.
Speaker 3: Me all about the reality store.
Speaker 2: I feel like you kind of like let the wheels fall off, and that's where Love Island came in with inter house relationships.
Speaker 3: We love that. Thank you for that assessment. I think you're right.
Speaker 1: I don't know any dates and time stamps, but I'm going to go with that. The latest season of Love Island came out. If you're in Australia, you can get that where you get that, I don't work for that research, No, but it's fantastic. So we've just gotten introduced to all of the housemates and the contestants. The format is a little bit different. Usually the Islanders choose who they want to couple up with, but in this instance, the public, or so they say, has chosen who people like who should get together, which is just rogue.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't mess with the format. Yeah, it worked alas.
Speaker 1: So they've been getting to know each other, which is strange because if you've been coupled up with someone that somebody else chose for you, you see that like half the contestants are really trying to make it work and the other half like, please are recoupling, Please get me away from There's beast that there was one activity that happened in the most recent episode, the first episode, where all the Islanders are sitting around the fire and they get a textenter their phone with like a challenge, kind of like a truth or dair school camp, you know, like let's do something naughty, so lick the most attractive Islander's finger, or kiss the person you're most attracted to. This kind of ice breaker escalations. You're familiar. So one of the women islanders. Her name is Amber, just stunning as they all are, there's no surprise, but she gets the prompt to kiss the islander that she's most attracted to. So she decides to give a kiss to a woman called Tash. And so she says, oh my god, I'm gonna give a Tash a pash like that's hilarious, and the guys look slabbergasted. One even says, you can't do that, and she's like, why not? Why can't I do that? So then she goes and gives Tasha pash And I can't.
Speaker 3: Describe to you how horrified.
Speaker 1: These men looked. It wasn't like, ooh, two girls kissing, cute, sexy, nice. It wasn't like, oh, like she likes girls, that's interesting. They just looked horrified, confused, maybe a little bit grossed out, like a bit like they just see a like a car a car wreck, and they couldn't look away. And then to see them interacting with each other, being like, what is she?
Speaker 3: Why would she? What is she like? What does she mean? Why would she kiss her?
Speaker 1: And I couldn't tell if the guys were like, is she not attracted to any of us? And that's why she's kissed this girl, or if the men of Love Island just don't believe in bisexuality.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Because they were like, why would she kiss a woman if she could kiss a man.
Speaker 3: It's that radity.
Speaker 2: You think there's like two scenarios why everybody was shocked. Yes, a, the guys don't believe in bisexuality.
Speaker 1: Because the faces weren't like they were just so confused, like it wasn't adding up. It almost felt like they saw something that could not be explained. If all of a sudden, producer Brook started licking her toe, I mean, you'd be like, it's kind of like laughable, but also like a bit strange and you don't know where to place it.
Speaker 3: That's what the look was.
Speaker 2: I got a doc sir, prior to recording. She does the most diabolical fat deep burn. Yeah, it was guttural, came from a deep place in her stumm diaphragm.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So they're either they're like sickeningly confused. I need to watch the clip back. I think they were confused. I think definitely your point about them being a bit maybe like Flabbergast's why she didn't pick a guy. Like they're feeling a bit unattractive. I wonder as well, I could be going down the garden path a bit with.
Speaker 3: This Let's go there though.
Speaker 2: Is everybody on the show show like, are there any bisexual people that couple up? Well that has never happened in this happened before, see.
Speaker 3: So I'm sure there are bisexual people on the show.
Speaker 2: Well, I just wonder because Tash hasn't necessarily come out as bisexual. So is Amber going and kissing her maybe crossing a boundary?
Speaker 3: It was consensual.
Speaker 1: She was like, I want to kiss Tash, and Tash got up walked towards Amber.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, oh yeah, like so down.
Speaker 2: Imagine if she didn't.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but that's we're not taking it there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they wouldn't have aired that if I think they would just be like produce.
Speaker 3: With be like okay, let's like I reckay that again. They definitely would have had it.
Speaker 1: Clearly this season they're trying to do things differently, right, like to take the most important part of the show, which is the coupling. Right. It's like, you see these men choose the women they like, and then we'll get offended when they're all saying the same thing, or like we listen to their promos and they say, I don't have a type, I'm just into, you know, the personality, or they like I am into four foot one blow with white tone ows. Yes, it's been said before. White toneauls specifically like white polish, white polish and so. And then you see the recoupling where they might contradict themselves or it's the same girls who don't get picked, and it's like this really amazing, uncomfortable situation because you know, how do you recover from being the person who's not chosen?
Speaker 2: Do you reckon? That's maybe why they brought in the public voting, because it's pretty crazy when you're the last person that hasn't been chosen.
Speaker 3: I just think it's been done before.
Speaker 1: Like it takes the storyline to the same place where it's the same type of people who don't get picked. It doesn't create a very interesting amount of conflict because we've seen it a thousand times before. What is really interesting about the public choosing is what I mentioned before. You have people who are like, this could just be my inn because as we know in the old Love Island, if you're a public favorite, you're like pegged to go the whole way, faked to go the whole way. Right, So if you start with the perception that the public chose us to be together, let's just milk it milk and milk it go the whole way. That could just be an easy win. But what I'm finding is some people just feel like they can't trust their partner because they weren't chosen by them. Ah okay, right, so it's one thing to be chosen and then they changed their mind.
Speaker 3: But if we were just put together.
Speaker 2: Like oh you get the dud, imagine that, Like.
Speaker 1: There's this there's this couple, this black guy called Kenna and this black girl called India. And in his promos he was like, everyone's like, what's your type?
Speaker 3: And he's like, oh, like I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just feel like I go for the same type of girl, whatever, whatever, whatever, not being being really vague.
Speaker 3: Oh good.
Speaker 1: Then they get put together. Their interactions really weird. But I guess everyone's a bit socially awkward, and he's really trying to milk that they've got a real connection. She's like, our names both start with I, you know, like we both like shoes. That's like where it's going right, and she's like, so, what's your type? And he's like, I don't know. And she's like, what kind of people have you dated before? And he's like, as if to not want to say, like you, I don't date I've never dated someone who looks like you or whatever it might be. And she's like, I'm suspicious of him because I feel like he wants to make it make sense because visually we look really good together, but I don't think he's attractive to me, and I think he won't admit that because it's just so much easier if we look like a solid couple from the jump. Imagine how insecure you would be in Love Island number one, and then like you get paired with someone who you're like, I'm just their consolation price.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean that they're gonna find out because then eventually, with Love Island people recouple. Yeah, of course, in this first recoupling, it's kind of gonna be like a blood bath.
Speaker 3: Probably.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Flex and Rooms catch up podcasts. For more, tune Indicata on DAB.
Speaker 3: We'll check it out right here on iHeartRadio