Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian O'Connor show podcast of the weekend. Tom our producer, working very very hard. His girlfriend was coming back. She's been working at hospital in Alice Springs. His girlfriend. We've spoke about this couple of weeks ago. They've got rather these remote cameras so they can see what they're puppies up to. She can also see that Tom had been cutting the grass all the way from Alice Springs the Eye and the sky. This is technology being used against us, right, So he was obviously trying to get everything looking spick and span, you know, and clearing out the feral nature of like how he's probably been living like Saddam Husain in that spider hole, being dragged out there by his girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Their bigger reunion Sunday Sucker takeaway. Yes, all taken out to the bins. And he's done the lawn yes.
Speaker 1: So he was doing the lawns and he was doing the edges and he said, a small little pebble really no bigger than the thumbnails that were described to me, flew up top left hand corner of his car window, crack smashed.
Speaker 2: It like at Ice hockey guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I should just mentioned as well by the way, you know, he loves that car he's got. He's right into his cars, and he's always like flexing a meeting. I was out yesterday my Hynda Gets all right. We haven't got a guess okay, And he even said to Perry, who looks after our socials, make sure you get the car badge in.
Speaker 3: I've got a very big I've got a very big.
Speaker 1: Sponsorship deal with the local Hyundai in Williamstown.
Speaker 3: This Gets doesn't look that.
Speaker 2: Great twenty sixteen model.
Speaker 1: Guy.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I've been lucky enough three times. You've ever been in the game. I haven't been in the year.
Speaker 1: It's a joy. Honestly, it's like I don't know, it's like God's driving it. It is like you're floating on heaven when you're in a Hyundai Gets. He said, to make sure I mentioned I've got to plug it three times. By the way, for that, that's a big deal. He's got a Perry made sure that logo and the GETS is in any socials.
Speaker 3: He said. Of the window being cracked.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so this morning we want to hear your stories of how you broke a window. You can break in it a window very easily. I remember when I was a teenager, okay, I chalked out on our back all of our house a goal, okay, and obviously just to the left of the end of the goal was the kitchen window where my mom was doing the washing up. But I thought, you know, when I was starting just kicking my football inside this rough, roughly put together cartoon goal, like road runner on a wall, I thought, my right foot is so dead. I like Beckham, there's no one I'm going to bear it completely wide off the end of this chalk goal into the kitchen window into my mum's washing up.
Speaker 2: Bold Then, like that famous penalty that Beckham had in the World Cup, he sent it right over the bar.
Speaker 3: It went.
Speaker 1: It was almost like fate or my mum had a magnet attached to her head. That ball just curved off, kept curving, curving, coming, went past my chalk outlined straight into that window, shattered the window glass into my mum where she was doing the washing up.
Speaker 3: I remember being grounded. We should do one day about why did he get grounded? You remember it was like a big deal when you were grounded, that's it ground Who had told you? What were you thinking? You're not that good? Of It's why they never played for England. Why never played for England.
Speaker 1: I didn't have like King Richard looking after me. He had those girls out there with a chalk cautline smashing that tennis ball.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't mind a look a couple of windows.
Speaker 1: Not my mom and dad, not Jennifer and Neam O'Connell, Jackie, waw, how did you break a window?
Speaker 2: We got away with this one. My friend from across the road, we were playing tennis outside his family's house. He hit the ball through their family living room window.
Speaker 3: He made. That's the worst window.
Speaker 1: I think kitchens were like lesser ones, but the main sort of that family revered family room, the living room.
Speaker 2: This made a perfect circle in the window. It actually was kind of amazing the hole that it left didn't crack the glass anywhere.
Speaker 3: A perfect sir, like a rare blood moon.
Speaker 2: So his parents rained the police because they thought it was somebody trying to get in with a glass cutters. And the police and his parents were talking about it. They said, well, the guy must have cut the glass, then it smashed on the inside of the living room, and then he's got scared and run away.
Speaker 1: To this day they're scared easily, so they just go with diamond cutching materials.
Speaker 3: Got glass in my foot.
Speaker 2: Now it's too risky, but he got away with them.
Speaker 3: Patsy.
Speaker 4: My brothers were playing indoor cricket in we had in our kitchen massive big sliding doors to glass sliding doors, but Mum had been shopping. They used the cake of soap as the ball, and the class possibly exactly, and the glad wrap roll in you know, the thin box is the bash and it just went smash into a million pieces. And I remember it costs Mum and Dad a lot of money to get fixed. I don't think they could get it on their insurance, but they did it again about two weeks later, when yeah, so it was barred, no cricket, no sport inside.
Speaker 2: It reminds me that we had a couple of times we had cardboard on the window for just months on air because it's like, well you keep breaking.
Speaker 1: It that point Christian Connells Show podcast, Christian. My brothers used to break the windows so often that Dad ended up refusing to repair them for years. We always had like two or three windows boarded up until.
Speaker 3: They left, until they left.
Speaker 1: Home, then I can finally get my windows back. No, Christian, My mate hits a slice off the tea at the Gulf once where the whole round pallel to a road, and it went through an oncoming car's window. The ball, Chris, that's like a trick shot. Now I have sound effects. The producers given us sound effects. That's the stories coming through about how you broke the window.
Speaker 3: It's more of a little what's that like a cannon ball going through it?
Speaker 2: That's the gets Yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Can tell it's that crystal glasses. I get to cancer. Isn't it the wine?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Then? That said Cools on air nine four one four one o four three. Robin, how did you break the window?
Speaker 5: My brother and I were always getting trouble into trouble for playing on our fence getting splinters, and mom had laryngias and was banging on the window and smashed it. Yeut, trying to get our attention to get off.
Speaker 3: Yeah see kids don't care with him Mum.
Speaker 1: It's got laryn giter's clangular fever, black clung.
Speaker 3: It says like it just Robin, thank you very much, you coil. I have a good day.
Speaker 5: Thank you you too, Bye.
Speaker 1: Sonya, good Morning's Sonia, Good morning, Sonya. How did you break the window?
Speaker 5: So a little middle child was in time out, sent him into his room, and then I hear an almighty crash. I walk in. He's standing there with his dimple smiling. He had a red fire truck. He threw it through the window and smashed the whole window to pieces.
Speaker 1: That's why I need that time out, and the fact that you didn't even give him a name, just middle child. Hey a child, Go town meddle child and then go find a good shot. Sonia, thank you very much, your story mate, thanks for cooling the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Edward. Good morning, Good.
Speaker 6: Morning, Christian, Jack and Pat, so are you good?
Speaker 1: Good Edward, thanks for joining the show. And how did you break the window?
Speaker 6: I broke the window with an axe?
Speaker 3: An axe?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Did I want to go half measures? Like a pebble from a moa or a golf ball. I was chopping wood out the back and the act tlipped out of my hand and went through a window, so Mom and Dad called the glazier. I went back to chopping wood. A piece of wood got stuck on the act, so as I flung that up, it flipped out of my It tlipped off the end of the act and went through a different window.
Speaker 3: This is incredible, You'll hit right though. It's so consistent.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and so they called the grazy back. You hadn't yet arrived, and the grazy recommended even though that it was more business for him, So they take the act out of my hand.
Speaker 1: Edward, that's an incredible too broken level from your axe.
Speaker 3: Amazing, Edward, thank you for shut that up. Edward, Thank you for cool, thank you, thank you wrong, wrong, yes now.
Speaker 1: Ron, one of my producers said that these are sex related stories.
Speaker 5: Ah, yeah, something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: I've been young in the early twenties and appreciated mom and Dad's timing into her own place. And the thurst day I put my foot through a window point in our return in the land room, just having fun. And the day after the ex wife decided that she slipped off me and put her back through the window and ended up with a reshape but sticked into it.
Speaker 1: Was she off you know, Jack, I want to follow up the producers one of these stories of baby oil.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was supposed to keep that clean, but yeah, it was maybe all lock.
Speaker 3: Baby oil. Get really good, Ron.
Speaker 1: The ex wife that slipped off. Was she an ex wife at the time or was that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no no no.
Speaker 6: She's a fresh fresh girlfriend at the time, and yeah, ends.
Speaker 1: A blow up wife. We don't know it wrong, we don't know what we're doing with her. Is dynamite when you're on wrong?
Speaker 3: All right, thank you and then thank you. Ron. Ron is leaving the building. Everyone.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.