Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell Show podcast showtime.
Speaker 2: Look at this big whopp up.
Speaker 3: Oh, Dad was really happy in casual clothes, rolling up, rolling up.
Speaker 4: The Lamas are in town.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one O four pints three.
Speaker 4: Happy two stemorning. It's the Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three. Come on and Patsy Money, Good.
Speaker 3: Morning, Jackie boy, Morning guys.
Speaker 4: How was everyone's long weekend? Patsy? Did you ever go one down the surface?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: So gorgeous down there?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, great weather.
Speaker 2: Oh, beautiful weather. Yeah, heaps of people around. Was just good to see a little seaside town bursting at the seams with people going out to the regions and spending money and helping local business.
Speaker 4: Yeah. We were down in Redhill for the weekend. It was absolutely part down there. It was brilliant. Jackie boy, how was Gordon's first birthday?
Speaker 3: It was fantastic. He loved it. Everybody loved it. It was vibrant chaos really with twenty five kids there. Oh my, yeah you were forty adults.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you started to ease into that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were bursting at the scenes. Like a seaside town.
Speaker 4: People coming out to visit, your spending money for the economy. It's good. And so what happened to because obviously on Friday, we'll we're talking about how your wife had been king for you'd all get dressed up and have an animal theme.
Speaker 3: Yes, she told friends of hers animal themes to dress up. I didn't pass that on to my friends. I thought it was a bit too much to ask for people to dress up for a one year old's birthday. So late on Friday she pulled the pin on the dress ups. Message her friends, Look, we're not doing the animal theme anymore. Just come as you were. Somehow the message didn't get to my brother and his partner, and they were the only ones dressed as foxes. Don't know how they weren't part of the group message, but they weren't in there. They looked great, but nobody else is stressed up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so how did Gordon cry? Did you do a cake? What happened?
Speaker 3: You know, we we have way too many cakes. I should have bought something today. We had cookies, cakes, brownies, Hedgehog and Mum made.
Speaker 4: Because people turn up with stuff, don't you. Because there's no one's getting through this.
Speaker 3: I didn't know how many people would make baked something essentially. Mum made a big lion head as a cake and then little lion headed cupcakes, and we put one of the lion heads in front of him, hoping that he would because he's at the moment he smashes all the food just smashed down, I know. So we thought it'll be a great video to watch him smash the lion cake. But he was scared of the lion.
Speaker 4: So he understanding me, there must be some primal in the brain there that's a predator.
Speaker 3: That this is something that could eat me. So he That was the only part of the day that didn't really go well. And sadly we did not follow the Venezuelan tradition and sing the Spanish version of Happy Birthday?
Speaker 4: So did you pull the pin on that?
Speaker 3: I just didn't learn it in time. There was actually so much to do blowing up and learn. Streamers, Christian, I don't know the last time you built a one year old's birthday party. There was lots of bits of teath.
Speaker 4: It's chaos, and the other thing is all the clear up afterwards. And this is going to be your life now for about the next twelve years of these parties. The mess afterwards, it's actually like that you've had number there. Yeah, it's connage was as much care and it's all on the floor because young kids is mustard into the floor.
Speaker 3: Balloons kept popping right and waking him up.
Speaker 4: So then sends the dogs off as well because they hate balloons.
Speaker 3: Balloons are just going off. I guess we've got the cheap ones. So in the middle of the night, I took a skewer out of the backyard, took all the balloons out of the backyard because they kept waking him up popping, and I had to pop all the balloons.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Over the weekend, my wife and I actually get away. Felt like the first time we'd actually seen each other in two months. Are able to sort moved out and as now at Universe has been a chao two couple of weeks, so it's nice to get away. My wife is terrified of snakes, like a lot of people from our part of the world, terrified of snakes so much. Son, even when we go on a dog walk, there's a snake kit, right, So we go down to Redhill there are no no, no, no, no a specific snake kit. It's first staid in there. But this is a snake khit, right, and I have to carry it around with all the water bottles you have the snake kit, I don't know what's in there.
Speaker 3: Anti venoms have no idea.
Speaker 4: I mean, surely that's all you need. I don't. It's this huge, big thing like some in the army, you know when they got the medical guy they call up the dock or something. That's the same gear I'm lugging on those walk So anyway, do with this beautiful walk Saturday morning bush Rangers Trail. If anyone knows it, I know it's stunning. We set off early and I actually had to get the kit out, not for snake bite. My wife would cut her thumb slightly on her backpack. Within the first five minutes whilst we're on this walk, I bump into some of our lovely listeners, right, lovely lady called Lena, and we're both going up this sort of quite a steep bit, so we're all at a breath and she's likes you morning. Then she does something which my wife keeps from run about of the weekend, which was so awkward. She shouts back to her husband, but he's quite a little bit, you know, and people still go yeah, yeah, and you know they're not. He can't there, he's not hearing any of this. She yells up, going. Then they come and meet the man Christian. He just comes up to me, right, he's no idea who I am. She goes, you know who this is? And he does that thing like I would do, like we met before, and she's going, no, he's on the radio and he's like, what this is five minutes? So she's trying to explain to a guy. Right then he's clearly got no interest in chatting to me. I don't know what's going on. My wife is just taken off one of the most awkward experiences I've been in. Right, And then as they're walking out of it, a shot you know when you hear someone just get start to get into big argument. She's like, why are you gonna act like that? I said who he was? Why have you going to act like this? Steve, that's what I heard. I don't even want to know what's going on with that. All right, extra time of the time, waste, circus movie, circus movie, that's what we're looking for in today's extra time time waster. You're seeing the cycle Thief, The bicycle Thief.
Speaker 3: I haven't know.
Speaker 4: Is that a movie? Yeah?
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what while we're doing this, and the unicycle Thief, I know, I would have to tell you about the movie. Christian Bale has been in a circus movie, has he? Yeah, that's the right acrobatman silver Snake Trama on the plane, Snake Charmer on the plane.
Speaker 3: That's a silver plus.
Speaker 4: And Trapezi rider golf all right, Jackie boys, circus movies.
Speaker 3: Strong Men, who's steric goats?
Speaker 4: That's good, that's the gold.
Speaker 3: Lord of the Ring Masters, Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, and the parent trapeze Panthropeese.
Speaker 4: That's good. That's a silver plus.
Speaker 1: Christian Connells Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: Extra Time of the Time Waste clown Movies.
Speaker 3: You know, I never told you I went to circus school for a couple of months in my teenage years.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I do? You know what? I actually wouldn't be surprised if you were the kind of perst that tried to line at a ride a unicycle.
Speaker 3: You would never I would give you a million guesses. You'll never guess what discipline. I was trying to learn it, so not unicycle. No, you'll never guess. I got a bowler hat for my birthday one year. I asked for it, and I was doing hat tricks. Spin the hat on my finger, put the hat from my foot to my head, that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: No, I thought you then did magic, because in the circus has open to there's never been a guy whose sole job it was what's this? Spin his hat? He then had a job jack. Sorry my confusion, there's no hack. I had the circus, all right, So we got the guy who stuck his head in a lion. What's this now? Dim the lights, drum roll around the world with the hat, with the hat tricks. Alright. Circus movies, all right, Circus movies, Malcolm, Circus Extravaganza, Bronze Clownton Abbey. It's going to take some beating night at the Line, Tamer's Cage, Silver Throw Mama from the Trapeze, Gold One Flew Over the Big Top, Silver Hi Diving Miss Daisy, Gold, The Freak of Wall Street, Silver Ocean's Eleven Clowns in a Mini Minor.
Speaker 3: Silver Bluff Arena, Tar.
Speaker 4: The Arena in this the Big top Edward, Juggling Hands, Gold, a Few Good strong Men Gold and black Hawk Clown from Jesse Gold.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcasts.
Speaker 4: You ever had an easy job?
Speaker 2: This is fairly fairly easy, really, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Because you've got the hamsters in the newsroom? Who rideth?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Now come on now, I mean, like, you know, I can leave it quite a reasonable hour and.
Speaker 4: On this show is easy money?
Speaker 2: Well, it's hardly you know, digging trough.
Speaker 4: Sorces inspiration to the next generation of young female reporters. It's easy money. I can leave pretty dir you know. Now there's a major murder Tomorrowhow finishes at.
Speaker 2: Night toiling away in forty degree heat on a roof somewhere or concreting? Am I support?
Speaker 4: We give the illusion that there's some craft. It is money for.
Speaker 3: Old Also, don't put concrete on the roof. That's the worst place, thank you. I got a friend who had the easiest job.
Speaker 4: He news reader.
Speaker 3: When he moved to He moved to New York and when he first got they had a job in a bookstorm owned by this eccentric author who only sold his book in the store, so he had four so he just had his four hundred copies of He thought it would be a fun gimmick to sell only his book. They had next to no customers the whole time. My friend worked for Insane.
Speaker 4: You don't get enough of that word these days. Do you a centric?
Speaker 3: He was in Eccentric.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't really get there's no young eccentric. It's been born anymore. All right, we're looking for your easy job and easy money. What was the easiest job you ever did?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Crystal taking calls for a digital switchover. I probably took three four calls the whole four weeks I worked there, and end up bringing in my portable DVD player for something to do. Mars selling watermelon in the country to city slickers on city stickers on holidays, going camping, sat in the Solar O eight mellons, played red books, did homework, et cetera. Made a small fortune. Michael Christian. My first job was working for councils and getting driven around during the school holidays trying to buy cigarettes at the age of sixteen so that they can then find the shops and service stations for serving underage kids. Wow, all right, So we're looking for your easy job on nine four one four one four three. Michael, come on him, Christian. Hey, I'm good Michael. So easiest money you ever run, Michael, ediest money.
Speaker 7: May mate when we're twelve thirty walked into a milk bar and the guy behind the counter and said do you want some work? He said yeah, no, hurries, So we spent an hour out of the backyard burning these boxes and rubbish.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean this problem is a very few years ago, before we knew about sort of stuff like that. Rereta Thumberg is literally fuming right now and wants your details.
Speaker 7: Well, he's applied us with the lighter.
Speaker 5: And the last way I think I was yep, so.
Speaker 4: Health and safety as well, and at one point liters of coke. What a gentleman, Michael, thank you very much for storing.
Speaker 6: Mate.
Speaker 4: Have a good day, say Jason, good morning. Easiest job you ever had.
Speaker 8: I was paid to watch concrete dry.
Speaker 4: That's actually thing and as boring as everyone says it is.
Speaker 8: I certainly was, mane, I'll quit after that.
Speaker 4: So what what are you actually doing?
Speaker 8: I was a security guard and the local council would port a heap of footpath and I was employed on a thirty sixty three day to sit there and make sure no one wrote their name or.
Speaker 9: The new.
Speaker 3: It's true. The wet cement is there's a call for as soon as you see I want to put your name in it.
Speaker 4: Jason, thank you very much. The story it's going to Steve here. Good morning Steve, Christian how am I? I'm good to have you had a great long weekend job.
Speaker 8: I was hired to drive VopS and tourist coaches around the two thousand Sydney Olympics and some days you wouldn't even pick anyone up. We do a fourteen hour shift and we get We do thirteen k's of the day with no customers. Easiest money ever, wasn't it the linkage? Yeah, you know we're only picking up VOP bank managers and sponsors and that sort of stuff from listen.
Speaker 4: I never heard the phrase VIP bank managers. You know. My manager from Combak Baside is think stepping out down a red carpet, the oscars going and what are you're wearing today, Craig maybe, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: There, Christian Connells Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Easiest job you ever had for easy money? I remember mate.
Speaker 6: Mind.
Speaker 4: When we were seventeen, we had a job working for this farmer for six weeks during the if you can call it a summer in the UK, sometimes it would be mildly hot, but anyway, summer. All we had to do was basically walk in his fields, of which there were acres and acres now acres, every single day from nine till five, putting out this weed called ragwar. Right when we turn up there, he gave us a loo roll each because you weren't even allowed to use his toilet in the farmhouse. You had to basically you just deal with it in the fields, right. He didn't care.
Speaker 3: I fertilized the field.
Speaker 4: He did not care. And you know sometimes you'd got you have one of these sort of temporary jobs and they're like lifers there, you know, like Brooks in Shawshat with them where they just say, hey, you know what you need to do is this, Just walk the line, keep your eyes down and upset the farmer. He said this and voice it's a really easy job. Always have some of this ragwater hand. You don't need to pick anything. The other day. The farmer's so lazy he comes out once and at the same time to see what you're doing. You pick up a clump you've been carrying around all day. He said, just turn up with books. There's a gap at the back of the hedge. Because it was seventeen. To get to a local pub, it was we used to bring pillows. We would sleep a bit and shot at five to one and you could set your watch by He would come out of this track. You alys are working hard today. They hold up some rag warning go. Those guys always put it that week six weeks. It was almost like doing goal at the news on this show. Easiest job ever had, let's go to Beck.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Beck, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 10: Easiest job I've ever had was I to man a cafe overnight.
Speaker 7: I reckon. We had like three customers over six months, did not bother.
Speaker 5: The owner at all.
Speaker 4: Where was it in the middle of nowhere or.
Speaker 10: No, it was what's the CVD?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's because most people don't think cafes are open breakfast. Yeah, they shut down at about two o'clock in the afternoon. That's it for the day. Thank you very much. You cool have a good week.
Speaker 10: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Bte Darren, good morning, Hello Darren, good morning. Yeah, Aaron and easy money. What was it for you, Darren.
Speaker 9: I worked in a mail room in the Melbourne CBD in the two thousands. I've got that good at the job that I had so much spare time. I would take my Stiger Dreamcast in and and looking up to the to the work monitor and playing video games mates in the day, and I had a I had a sign on the door that and I would lock it and say be right back out to lunch. And I've had had two coreans that knew my drill and they would always knock on the door because I'd be asleep on the floor and They'll be using post packs as pillows. It was great.
Speaker 4: It is actually envious not to have a job like that. Wonderful times you're winning cars, honey down, Thanks you cool Matete.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Our abled to store to his eighteen moved out now four weeks ago for university and yesterday, Wow, I phoned it up. I saught some her. I've only seen her for an hour in the last four weeks and she said let's meet up. I was like, yes, she's come back. They say they come back and then five minutes later, sorry, that wasn't meant.
Speaker 3: For heartbreaking Hello darkness, smile friend, I've come to talk with you.
Speaker 4: So anyway, now the weekend, I got myself a brand new toaster. All right, toaster. I finally gave up.
Speaker 3: What have you born? In that manual?
Speaker 4: The manual? Because I tell you why. I have a cutting edge toaster, this thing, because when was the last time when brought a toast? He just got them in the house. This one came over from England with us. Right, this is finally given up and we find out to go and buy a new one. So these days when you go and buy a toast, there's a whole different world out there, right, imagine how everything gets an update now, every single smart toast and something.
Speaker 3: What connected to Wi Fi?
Speaker 4: Probably, yeah, I didn't get for that. I brought this toaster for two trademark bits of technology. You know when you see something on the packet where it says trademark new technology, like Jesus Christ, this toasters. This is like that. Anyway, this thing has got two new functions which I bet your toasters don't have it. I'm in a brave new world of toasting. This morning I used it first of all, brush what's it called that brush steel finish? What is that?
Speaker 3: Jo, Well, that's one of.
Speaker 4: The steel No, no, no, I just I just appreciated that brush steel finished. This thing has a button called a bit more. Now when you have a look in there and you go that needs a bit more, I don't need to worry by going cranking up another three minutes. That could be actually too much more. This gives it another thirty seconds with my a bit more trademarked hands off Russell hobbs a bit more function. The other thing it does, it's got a lever, right, it's called a trademark look and lift. We're drawing the toast. If I think that's been there, I think that's been in there more than four minutes. Have a look and lift that needs that needs not a bit more, but just needs to go back down. It doesn't break that little springy thing because you know we can all do that.
Speaker 3: But you want to just pop it then and have a look.
Speaker 4: Right, what you're saying, it says here in the manual. You're interrupting my not not my words there words the browning cycle. It doesn't lose. You're Jeanneus, Someone's Jenny someone wants to come and see my bonus steel toaster, the bit more or the old LUKXI lifting backing go.
Speaker 3: So you got two levers. You got the lever to press it down and engage the come.
Speaker 4: Here at the radio station with too much David, I'm David there, Calvin Harris, I'm in the mix of the toaster to many buttons.
Speaker 2: They saw you coming.
Speaker 3: A mile away.
Speaker 4: All right, So what do you do this long weekend? In six words? How would you tell us a story of your weekend? Six words?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: My wife is on this new she's not calling it a diet eating system, right Keito don't know if anyone knows about this. It's a low carb, no sugar and she's stuck it out for like five or six weeks. She looks amazing, however it is, you know, because she's got no sugar anywhere and stuff of that, and Cweeky's going on about it all the time. She's like, there's a lot of sugar. Oh that's quite sugar. You haven't there, Chris, You know you'll you'll be tired and now too. Feel's good, right now, feel's good? Right now? You do your thing. I do, my thing, you do. I didn't anyway Saturday, right, because there's been no sugar for twenty four hours, and actually twenty hour I was feeling a bit like sugar, like a hangover. I need I need sugar. Right, she's a guy. Feels so much better, you know, last couple of weeks with this energy, I've got now how some of these chocolates it's sugar free. This thing was revolting, right.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've had sugar free chocolate.
Speaker 4: It's chalk, chalk revolting. But you know when you I thought she was like this taste close your eyes. It tastes that night chocolate. Your brain things is getting chocolate. And when you deny it and I go, this is bs this it had no I knew I need how sugar nexs an hour, I can't exist today, So I go, I need to We need to get a couple of bits. We come away to an airbnb. I'll go. There's a place about five ten minutes. I'll go. You know you're tired. You what? No, no, no, you rest I'll go. I get there, right, I buy a cupcake, this beautiful chocolate cupcake. I think they gonna eat this now in the car and then bin everything and go away because she's smell it, like a yoga or something that should smell it. I find myself just shoveling, you know, when you were just shunning, Like I'm not even enjoying it. Tom Hanks sudden coming off that island, you know that's a cast to eight and not eating sugar. I'm shoveling it in. I didn't get it's spinning down me. I suddenly see this young kid looking in the car at me, like his mom's like pulling his hand like, don't see the man out. They go, don't judge me. Done the future you she's done and die. We're not to say that it's quito sugar. I looked in the mirror. I looked a mess, and I thought I actually said to myself, son, you got to get you saw yourself out. You're fifty in three weeks. He's shoving a secret cake cake it. And then it was like paranoid. There was anything in my teeth. I was up washing my hand with my fingers. No, there's sugar in that mouth. Shit, No, Jackie boy, what did you get up to? Six word long? We care for me?
Speaker 3: It was too many trips to Bunnings. I was trying to build Gordy a play area ahead of his birthday.
Speaker 2: Oh good on, yeah, we him in keep him in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that bird why you've been using for the dog cart.
Speaker 3: It was essentially trying to make a pen for him. So where this trump just so they can't get you know, then you know where the kids are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I think that's what Drum said.
Speaker 3: Is a slab in the backyard where a shed used to be. So I thought I'll put astro turf on that and then I'll make a fence around it and we can put the kids in and then rudimentary kind of only had less than twenty four hours to build it before the party.
Speaker 2: Anything like this fence.
Speaker 3: So I'd got the AstroTurf down well, but then these this little picket fence. I got this to be garden edging and you can get it at Bunnings. Honestly, it's like balt of wood. It's so crap, but not with those pointy edges. No, it's got flat.
Speaker 4: Lovely for kids eye as it faces.
Speaker 3: The sharp bits are on the bottom. So the idea was flat's on the top, and then you meant to shove the pickets into the ground, but they just weren't going into the ground, and every time I hit them, it would break the pickets off the fence.
Speaker 4: That flimsy off cuts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this was Friday afternoon. I was trying to build this fence ahead of the party on saturdayday. And by the end of it, the fences are one key. There's palings coming off, there's pickets coming off, and I had to go back and forth through Bunnings to get new screws to put them back in, and they're all mismatched. And then by the time the sun went down and I looked out the backyard, it looked actually looked like a miniature cemetery. You don't have the cemetry degrades and the fence will become all mismatch. It actually looked like a halloween make a perfect Halloween.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean a head of a change from so you didn't want to dress up and as an animal for Gordon's both. Right now you're going with the whole cemetery graveyard hour the Yeah, Patsy wash yourt six word weekend?
Speaker 2: Do you think your missus Vick Rhodes. We went down to the surf coast over the weekend. Beautiful weekend, gorgeous weather. But on the way down they had the avalon air show, didn't they the other weekend like a week ago. So they've obviously put these makeshift electronic speed signs, you know, to alter the speed for the traffic flow because it was Yeah, and they've got they sit on like a big tire, don't they words, And there's a chain like these makeshift things anyway, But where they put them, they've put them right directly in front of the permanent signs of the one hundred speed signs, so they were they were turned off, I should say. So they're finished with them. They've turned them off, but they were in front of the speed signs of the one hundred, so you didn't know what the speed was.
Speaker 4: If that makes sense. Can you speak the engineers, I've just actually crossed the frequency into three and others. Save sounds like a actually got on air with us. Perhaps he's going to come on after this, right.
Speaker 3: So what did you do driving one hundred and fift?
Speaker 2: So I said, I said, Chris, this is really dangerous. I'm going to our mates with the head of the Department of Transport. I am going to text him now and he said, you can't do that.
Speaker 3: You're not.
Speaker 2: Chris Miller. Chris Miller, and he goes, what do you think he's going to do with that? Let him have his long weekend. Don't be ridiculous. That's such a caring thing to do. And Ord's like, Mum, you're so embarrassing. Just don't pick up the phone.
Speaker 3: So I did.
Speaker 2: I texted him. I felt it.
Speaker 4: Community service, going to raise you.
Speaker 2: All on air anyway, So and he was very thankful for highlighting the issue.
Speaker 4: Was condescending a barbie having a couple of beers like, look at this. Thanks for alerting the issue to the community. Guys.
Speaker 2: Anyway, there was a road blitz underway, so I thought, I'll do my community service. And CHRISTI, who do you think you are? Missus Vic Rhodes or something. You can't be doing that.
Speaker 4: Well, we can watch this movie next year at the oscars.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Wildlife, Close Encounters Best Birthday present ever? That's from Kindie got engaged in an escape room. That's pay that original that his original congratulations.
Speaker 3: Theme is well because most of them are horror thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, please let us no more. We need to know more, but congratulations, moved house, almost got divorced. I tell you what I also happened over the long weekend. You know, when you wait for coffee, you're always you hear other people's conversations, right, because if you're buy myself. I was on Sunday and heard this woman chatting to her mate and she said clearly. I said, yeah, well I've never actually been to Bunnings and she she was Australian, right, And I actually intert said, I hope you don't think I'm means dropping, but I couldn't help hear that. Do you are you serious? You've never been? You've never been to one? Sure? No, never been there? Right? She was our age Patsy, never been to.
Speaker 2: Bunny It is just done Australian.
Speaker 4: I have to say, I sound stunned. You must have done like as a little girl, or must have gone there when you need to guess you've never been because I've never been in one of them ever, I could not believe it. That's got to be rare, arerare that no one's been to her Bunnies. If there's anyone else listening, and go, no, me too, I've never been to a bunnies give me a call.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Friday Show, we were asking what is the oldest of blinds you have?
Speaker 9: It's actually my sisters.
Speaker 5: She has a refrigerator that she purchased when she got married in nineteen seventy six. My wife has just received from her father.
Speaker 8: Teasmade that makes the best cup of tea in the morning.
Speaker 11: It's been around in nineteen thirties.
Speaker 6: Radio General electric radio.
Speaker 4: I remember that lovely lady Cordin about that real old fashioned wooden bbut one of those old fashioned radios that we grew up with. Did you receive the message during the show from pantsy.
Speaker 3: Caller of the week thousand bucks? I don't believe that story one bit.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: I just said she said it had did show, No, I said, she the lady, our lovely caller, said that it had FM or something on it.
Speaker 3: She said she listened to our show on this old technology radio. Yeah, analog, that's not possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said there was no FM in the thirties, is what I meant.
Speaker 4: Well, she didn't say that. She said it's wrong the thirties. But I still listen to you guys on.
Speaker 3: This Yeah, right, yeah, but maybe she's right. It would have to have an FM dial on it to get this radio station. Take a thousand dollars back.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't mean to take the money off.
Speaker 4: Don't join her, don't go over to the old wish.
Speaker 3: I don't know why we don't have more fact checkers on this show. I always say.
Speaker 4: It's not Everything must be verified and authenticated. All right? What is the oldest appliants you own?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Hey, Christian, Glynn Thomas here ready a broadcasting of the FM variety start to the late thirties. So the story checks out, Thank you, GT. If Glynn Thomas knows what you don't know about fram and frequency modulation, ain't worth knowing, guys. So there we go.
Speaker 3: Thank you Glynn. That's the kind of factor I go. I want working on the show. Can you contact him?
Speaker 4: Your hours are your height six to night Monday Friday. Thank you very much. All right? What is the oldest appliance you own? On nine four one four one o four three Haley Ann.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Christian, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm goodlean And what is the oldest thing you own? Then?
Speaker 5: The old hand held electric beaders?
Speaker 11: I've had him for milli thirty odd years.
Speaker 4: Oh the older the egg whisk for cakes.
Speaker 11: Yeah well yeah yeah, the ones you pop out and give the kids to eat the cream off of, and all.
Speaker 3: That memory take.
Speaker 4: You're right, always the.
Speaker 1: Best Yeah yeah.
Speaker 11: The best thing I use it for now is making my snotbox.
Speaker 4: Shame for it to be wasted. Yeah, but look, you know that's progress, isn't it.
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: Leanne, thank you very much and.
Speaker 1: Cool, it's not a problem.
Speaker 8: I was talking to you.
Speaker 4: Thank you, deb good morning. How are you? We're good, Debo, A lovely long weekend. What is the oldest appliance you own?
Speaker 6: It is a National microwave oven from the seventies.
Speaker 4: Wow, we hand it down from your mom or no?
Speaker 6: No? So I bought it six months before I got married so that i'd know how to use it to become a good housewife and mother. It is huge, just about the size of a small oven.
Speaker 4: Some of those value that obviously brought the seventies as well. And so what does it still work now?
Speaker 6: It absolutely does. I use it every day.
Speaker 4: Wonderful still a good health drive. Got on your nest.
Speaker 6: It cost me six hundred dollars and I paid off hand it off over three years.
Speaker 4: Six hundred dollars in what year? But that's one like three million or something. Now with information by a pot of land like a farm for the Australia, then that's unbelieval even now that's expensive and you've got ripped off there. This is the future, debb. This is the future, all right, Debbie, thank you? Make much s you call you take care and you know when I see my wife today, pat the microwave and God get good at this twenty fifth wedding aniversary. Come up, it's not too late to upgrade. Have an upgrade. Okay, don't the depedia. I leave it on your bedside pit.
Speaker 2: My brother in law wants for Christmas? Do you know what he got his wife? An ironing board and a new iron That is grounds for divorce.
Speaker 4: Come on, people aren't doing that. Come on, Jenny, good morning.
Speaker 11: Hi Chris, jan How are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm good. Jenny. You had a great long weekend. What's the oldest appliance you own?
Speaker 11: Belonged to my father who's passed away about thirty years ago. He was in the Merchant Navy from I don't know. He was from the UK and Kent, and it's this big radio thing that's got two silver handles, one on each side. Weighs a ton and you can pick up different countries with it. So he had it when it was he was on the ships, all right.
Speaker 4: So which they could hear sort of different shipping frequencies and different ships.
Speaker 11: Yeah, plus pick up normal radio stations and stuff from overseas.
Speaker 4: I probably would have heard this radio station doing high a special ward with be fenced off air Earl Williamstown. I know I'm several hemispheres away, but I'm getting on the line to be lucky night.
Speaker 11: Still, I'm going to send you. I'm going to take ah and I'll send it to you so.
Speaker 3: Jenny, you can use it now to tune into a radio station in New Zealand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't blame you, I mean around, I get it. We won't take it personally.
Speaker 11: Pretty sure he used to listen to the stuff from the UK on it as well.
Speaker 4: Wow, you could have been listening to me back then.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, not back then, I don't think.
Speaker 4: But anyway, heavy on the fact checking today. That's that's a good thing. I think, Jenny.
Speaker 11: It's going to be at least ninety years old because Dad would have been ninety a last year.
Speaker 8: They yeah, yeah, okay, no.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, please please Jenny.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being on hooker, Jenny, you have a good week. Thanks you calling him.
Speaker 11: Thanks bye.
Speaker 4: I'm going to ask you in the outbreak. You're going to ask you in the outbreak. What was the question by THEO? That's good okay, Brad, good.
Speaker 5: Morning, good morning. How are you going?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we go, Brad? What's the older supply? Is you own? Mate?
Speaker 5: I've got a clock from eighteen eighty four which has been handed down to through generations to firstborn sons from my great great grandfather who played cricket for Victoria.
Speaker 4: Is quite perfectly, does it?
Speaker 5: Yes? It does?
Speaker 3: Is the clock got telling to do with him playing cricket? Or you were just big enough?
Speaker 4: Or did he win it?
Speaker 5: No, he wanted He made one hundred in the first innings and he went out for eighty nine in the second innings, and it would have been the first ever two centuries in the same match if he got to one hundred in the second innings, but he didn't. So they thought, we'll give you a clock.
Speaker 4: Is that going to give him something for something? Old clock? Give him that.
Speaker 5: And I took my dad three seventieth birthday down to the MCA seed and we did a tour of the the museum and stuff, and we took the clock to show them and they were just drawling over it and there was nothing I discussed, nothing of that generation in there. It was. They were just amazed. They wanted to put it on display. And what did you say, Well, I said, if you bring our bring forward our mc C waiting lists and give us our membership, well we'll.
Speaker 10: Sort it out.
Speaker 5: We'll get it in there.
Speaker 4: They's a fair trade. It's a fair trade. Brad, thank you very much to give us a good sharing your story. That's incredible.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Two days ago, it's a whole Footie is back. So we've been asking for the last week for all our under eighteen mad footy fans to become a mini motivator and get behind your team. Records your own pump Up, Rev Up speech ahead of the season beginning this Thursday. The prizes are amazing. It'll be the grand Final on Thursday show right on the eve of at All kicking off with the big Game Thursday night. The prizes are Jackie boy.
Speaker 3: Yes, our winner will receive a thousand dollars to spend at the AFL store, plus win their whole family membership to their club.
Speaker 4: All right, we finally have a an entry from a young D's fan. God's nine year old Isabella.
Speaker 12: It's okay if you win, lose your draw because you'll still be my favorite tea.
Speaker 13: That's really good. If you lose your run from your mistakes, Gods.
Speaker 3: Love that so sweet. Yes, yes, take the pressure off.
Speaker 4: Why you're still gonna be good? He says that, you know, and I have explanation round one against the Doggies on Saturday night at the G one hundred thousand fans. Guys, I always remember that we're always going to be Isabella's number one team. So yeah, but don't overthink.
Speaker 3: A bit of unconditional love for football team like.
Speaker 4: That, Isabella. We love that, thank you very much. Just go to a Pines fan now, ish t who's ten black Pies?
Speaker 14: We can do it. Revenge on the Cats and the Swans. More captains is yours, Scottie. You want to spend more time with your family, then win another premiership. Boys, if you can't run, kick, if you can't kick pass if you can't pass role, but whatever you do, don't stop moving the ball towards ago. The premiership is out.
Speaker 4: Come on the pines. I don't know why I was speaking like he was running some prohibition speaking.
Speaker 3: Also, it sounded like a threat to Scott Pendle. You want to spend more time with your family. Win a premiership and we'll release this.
Speaker 4: Quite the coast. Ere your hardline that I like it. Ruby is eleven and a Bulldogs fan. Sounding gonna beatn of course this weekend.
Speaker 13: Come on, Bulldogs, this is how you shine. No team will stand in our way. Come on, be let's say some history, even the ball, run hard, tackle, Hart, no fear. I know we can win the Grand Final.
Speaker 4: Just believe it.
Speaker 3: I believe.
Speaker 2: Do you believe?
Speaker 4: Go Dogs? Ruby love that. Let's go to the Tigers now, nine year old Matilda.
Speaker 12: All right, Richmond, get it up. Jack, you're going to defend the ball. Dustin, We're gonna need you to help on the field, and Trent you be you man.
Speaker 2: You can't do it.
Speaker 12: Don't let them touch you to the ground. Tie up those socks, pull up. I'm sure they know who you're born from.
Speaker 4: This that's a barn Burner.
Speaker 3: I mean, don Mind has been probably their best player for the last ten years.
Speaker 4: Like you can please lender hands. Okay, this is amazing. You me, you men, you just do Cotch just being one hundred percent coach. These are great, These mini motivators You've got till midnight? Why don't we always persist with this midnight deadline.
Speaker 3: Kids as well?
Speaker 4: No sleep? And she recorded it again. There's another better take in you ray on, come on midnight sorrow not here one good? All right, so it's midnight tomorrow. I'm not making up. That is the deadline. We've announcing the Who's Got the Big Prize on Thursday. Go to the Christian o'connells Show dot com dot Au. Mini motivators, Good.
Speaker 1: Luck Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: The Lines now so families get your kids involved Mini motivators. Still plenty of time until midnight midnight tomorrow, twelve pm. Don't let them go to sleep until I've done it, seriously, at least five takes. Come again, so I'm not enough, Throw some moret on his face down. Come on until midnight tomorrow at the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot Au. Now we want to find out when your other half is all out for the night, or or if they're away for a couple of days. That first magic night you get in you almost I get slightly angsty, like I don't waste any moves, too much potential. This needs to pay off whatever I'm doing. This is a happy hour that's eternal. You pick up that remote and you don't even have to go, oh no, they don't like that, or oh god, we're watching that show at the moment as well, they have to pretend to like, you know, you just watch whatever.
Speaker 3: You are for you. You jump into John Wick for the sixty seventh.
Speaker 4: Time you mentioned that very excited tomorrow night going to an early preview screen of a John Wick four of my Week. I'm not even kidding. I know for me, he's forged in a five season nine at the moment, four master blade Smith's or commuting comting, Oh yeah yeah, all kinds of ancient weapons. They've got to recreate them. And there's final challenges as to this is season nine.
Speaker 3: It's they get nine seasons out of that. How do they get two episodes?
Speaker 4: Jack Peace, you're the right age now. I think you're coming into an age maturity where you appreciate learning about ancient weapons, how they're made, and how hard it went to make the well the katana right that the start this season, a Japanese famous sort that's at the start of season nine, So go back. It's all there, General Hayden's sword, so many great classic weapons of history. What do you get up to when you're other half is well.
Speaker 3: You know what I love to do. The golden rule in our house is not put the good sauceman in the dish rusher. But when Bianchor's away done a meal, you know what goes straight in the dish rusher and seems fine, seems fine, Jeff I get it out and she's none the wise.
Speaker 4: Oh you're going to ruin that bad man. What do you get up to, Patsy?
Speaker 2: I like to eat mattella with a teaspoon. Chris hates it straight out of the jar, and I like to watch Call the Midwife back to back to back to back without anyone complaining that I'm watching yet another episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't you also find that you destroy any evidence as well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it goes straight out in the garbage, being not outside.
Speaker 4: I actually will put it in the backpack and walk it down the road, drop it off. I even did that. Look around. No cameras put a baseball cap down so they can't quite make out facial recognition.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: You know this Thursday, we're announcing who is the winner in our Grand Fine or the Mini Motivators is winning the family membership to their club for the whole family. And we thought it'd be really nice if we could get Guilt to come on. Yes, you know he's he said he's going.
Speaker 3: He's still here three years later, still.
Speaker 4: Packing up that big old holding his desk for AFL house. Now he is, He's still He's still there, He's still got his logins. He's still there. Tom yesterday. An update on Gil is the apparently mister Girl has something on that he does every Thursday in the morning that he needs to see if he can move. I don't know what it is. What do you think he would do? Is you think he's pilates? It's something elegant, isn't it. What is it Pilarate's yoga? Do you think his.
Speaker 3: Squash he's a very squash place.
Speaker 4: Is he training for the America's Cup? It's something like that. Yeah, they swing in the manet practice? Is it? Is it manet practice? I don't know. Anyway, once we know more about Gil's diary, we'll updated. But hopefully fingerscoats he can move that first day mysterious appointment now and come and see us. All right, So what do you get up to when the other half isn't around when they go away for the night or weekend? Ninety four one four one four three And what is it for you?
Speaker 10: So when my planners away, I can eat KFC because he's having a silent protest against them. Why they changed the twister recipe so they used to put letters and tomorrow and now they put coleslar and like haunt it for something in it. So he's protesting until they change him back.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean it's a unique way to protest, isn't it. Like the person doesn't know anything and you do all the stuff.
Speaker 3: If you noticed we haven't seen end for a while. Why that is, well, good luck to him.
Speaker 4: But protest, that's amazing, and thank you very much you call no do you know what Tomorrow we should talk about silent protests and things that you've banned as well. That it's always over some small thing like no more letters and tomato and be enforced Coleslar. I've been asked about it feels very much like a dad thing. Yes it does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they just know that's it's the Fish and Chip guy wronged him once.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's we can never go back.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Time for Today's time waster. Now it's your scus yesterday. Perhaps if you've seen this clip, that's everyone's getting upset about about a Hugh Grant clearly not wanting to be there. Grumpy Hugh Grant doesn't like being interviewed. I think he's a brilliant actor, but he hates being interviewed. I remember a couple of years ago a friend of mine interviewed him and they start with some question they thought was clever, and Hugh just put his head in his hands and went, you know, I just did this for the money.
Speaker 2: I think he was just Hugh being Hugh, though he's always like that.
Speaker 4: Here's a bit of it. So there's someone on the red carpet and they have to have like tons of this fake and as you don't they they're trying. Yeah, they're just doing a job. They really they don't really want to be doing it either. And then he gets suddenly Hugh Grant, who just bats away any question.
Speaker 10: Hugh Grant, you are a veteran of the OSCARS and you've been here a few times. What's your favorite thing about coming to the oscars?
Speaker 15: M he's actually looking at Well, it's fascinating. It's the whole of humanity is here. It's it's fantasy fair.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's all about vanity Fair. Yes, that's where we let loose and have a little bit of fun.
Speaker 10: What are you most excited to see tonight?
Speaker 4: To see?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I know that you probably watched a few of them.
Speaker 4: Anybody chose to go.
Speaker 3: Your hopes up for anyone?
Speaker 4: No one in particular. Okay, Well, it reminds me of this when Cure leating it. Robert Smith was just got a Hall of Famer and there was some very very excitable interviewing. Congratulations the Cure Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducteas twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: Are you as excited as.
Speaker 3: I am by the sounds of it?
Speaker 4: No, I can never. I have this saved on the file of my phone. It always makes me laugh.
Speaker 14: Congratulations a Cure Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induct eas twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: Are you as excited as I am by the sounds of it?
Speaker 4: No? All right, time waits for today. Put a celebrity in a movie Saturday Night Biber Gold, Look who excuse me? I was racing into it, then saw the lack of punchline. Okay, let's try again. Look who's beyor King? What a megastar?
Speaker 3: I slanded it, singing she was she on the red carpet?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, what's she doing now?
Speaker 4: She was in everything, everywhere, all at once?
Speaker 2: Are you having me on?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 11: She was it?
Speaker 2: What was she?
Speaker 4: Right the end? Singing homest alone? Gold and face Hoff's made that movie? Made that movie? Get trouble ordering them back? All right, Jackie boy, what have you got? Put a celebrity in a movie?
Speaker 3: The Phantom of the Opera, Oh that's very good, Gold Snoop Dogg, Millionaire silver plus no country for Gary Oldman, I had that Gold and the DeVito wears Prada Bronze.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Time Wasted Today. Put a celebrity in a movie, Jackie boy, you're ready to mark?
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Celebrity in a movie. Jean Claude Van Dambuster's bronze men who stare at hole of notes silver plas. There's something about Chuck Norris bronze post Malone ois rings twice silver Elliott. I mean, yeah, I guess it is put a celebrity in a movie. But I don't think you can refer to as Hitler as a celebrity. Back to the Fura, I can't say that's a celebrity. Bronze goose stepping down the red car. But what are you wearing, Sir Connery air silver? You me and George Clooney gold. That's very good. One down Sin, I am john Legend silver plus fim Michelle Lee Collins has got David Schwimmerhans gold. That's very good. Love that Lee singing in the Dwain Johnson Yeah, Silveray, the Brad money pits Silva, the Banshe's of ed sharing gold.
Speaker 3: That's very good.
Speaker 4: I want to see the meme of that in with that Donkey.
Speaker 3: What's the original film called?
Speaker 4: That is great rob Yesterday? That movie was as.
Speaker 3: Good Morning Van dam Silver.
Speaker 4: Steve Semi's just not that into you. He's Steve's and Brown. I tried Steve Gilbert when Harry stars met Sally Fields, Harry Metal, that's very good. Brian Williams, Honey, I shrunk the kid rock Gold. Ask me if you Jackie chan Gold, Camilla's in the mist, Bet Middler on the roof, set a Fidder on the roof, Middler on the roof, Bet Midder on the roof, Sue and more about that is very good, Marky, Mark Nado Bronze.
Speaker 3: I thought that was gold.
Speaker 4: Mill Sarah Jurassic Parker Junior.
Speaker 3: That's gold.
Speaker 4: Also good. World on Chris Mano what you did last summer? Man Ow what you did last summer?
Speaker 3: Silver?
Speaker 4: And Bruno Master Gold.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow's show, Today Today one of you. When he called the show, you were talking about a silent protest that your husband had against KFC. Who've changed slightly amended the recipe with the twisters in the Twister Yeah, and no more letters Tomato. Maybe he's he's been forced to have a relationship with Cold Sword that he did not sign up for. So there's a signing protest going on. We want to know about other signing protests and things that got banned. We are guessing this is the domain of the dad and the family where some small minor mistake, the incorrect change given or not having salt and vinegar on the chips. One day there's a snap and that's it and.
Speaker 3: Now the whole family, everybody's in it together. Nobody goes back to that shop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you get up until midnight tomorrow night. That's when the closing date is. For mini motivators, we're asking all the young footy fans getting very excited, like we are footy back this Thursday, just two days time. You can win big prizes. You just send us your rev up speech for your footy team. It just got to be under eighteen.
Speaker 3: One thousand dollars to spend at the AFL store could be yours. Plus your whole family gets a membership to your club.
Speaker 4: And the reason why you know these teams now they're on a lot of pressure. Last week it was all this audio that have been accidentally uploaded of russ Line from Sint Kilda using strong language talking about his plans. He didn't realize that they were better hear everything. I thought'd be quite funny to get some of these lovely messages from the kids that obviously do not contain swearing and just it in the bleak tone you get when someone is swearing. Now, we did say Friday. Obviously we've played around with these. However, you know, it's like when you're on the radio. A lot of this you're in the background. People hear a bit of it and then he hears something else. Some poor woman heard the swearing from the kids and an email me over the weekend. Christian. Normally I enjoyed the show, but observation personally, I think those kids swearing should be disqualified. Christian, there's our behavior that you should be encouraging and is certainly online with the AFL's code of conduct. There is enough abusive a lounge without you encouraging it on your program. Otherwise, I enjoy the show, but this was too much. Tania, I quite agree. However, you now miss missed it Friday and you want to kind of like misheared miss here show? Isn't it misheard lyrics on the show? Here are the kids that did not swear, but we've made it sound like they did swear.
Speaker 14: Ye New Colwood, New Guinevan Care Cup, Naked Flies, don Home Flo and why Jamie will do a game.
Speaker 13: For his club on your Pindus crispy, especially cold.
Speaker 4: So these are kids that did not swear.
Speaker 3: I'm not encourage I'm not encouraging it.
Speaker 4: I'm just playing with the audio. Okay, this is my favorite one. Spencer the bombs.
Speaker 16: Fan, the Mighty Bombers, go out there with when it gets hard with Termato. Peter needs to be for Meta Peter. When we get knocked down, we get a Maison Redman kick more fifty goals. Sam Durham kick more goals. Now, go out there and bring the harm the game.
Speaker 4: So kids, please stop swearing. When you're sending the entries in you go to the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot a
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast