Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: Sweet guys, I'm glad to be here. I'm glad you're here. This episode, we're talking about solutions when you're feeling sad? Is it the humble walk? Is that the rise? Oh my goodness? Has the loneliness epidemic been the reason why there's been a rise of hot girl walks?
Speaker 1: Definitely that, oh my, because you can't be bothered. I'm like, when I have friends where I live, I'd be like, do you want to go for a walk after I want to listen to my headphones, But then I call them or I walk with them. I'm like, this is so much better. I love my life.
Speaker 2: I agree, all right, more of that on the show today. Miss you Bye.
Speaker 1: This is Flex and Frooms on KIT. Right now you're listening to this, it's likely just past three. I don't look at the clocks when I'm in here. I just pretend like I'm in a casino type of vibe and just hope the time will run away from me. Right now in the world in Australia, i'd say that it could be considered too late to have a coffee. You know, people say, oh, you don't have a coffee past like three pm. Let's be serious, guys, you've got some Unich students were sitting in. We've got a few trade's. Actually, usually when you're a trader, you end at like three Yeah, maybe one little pick me up on the way the way home, little ice ice ice break. Anyway, I found this article in the City Morning Herald about how much coffee is too much coffee because quite like paper Sis's rock. We could sit here and talk about coffee till the cows come home. And I don't even drink full fat cream milk. Flexee, do you drink coffee?
Speaker 2: I'm not on the beans, bab You ever been on the beans ever?
Speaker 1: That's so interesting to me. I wonder if so I started getting onto the bean train when I went to UNI. I feel like it's a ride a passage. Like someone starts smoking Siggi's other people like start wearing berets. We started drinking Mockers and that was my gateway drug. Same with you, Mickey, Yeah, gateway.
Speaker 3: I had a crush on a boy eating He always had coffee.
Speaker 2: So I was like, oh, I'll come with you.
Speaker 3: Oh like we'll get a coffee, even though I hate a coffee.
Speaker 1: You're a Siico that's so used when I see the vision how much coffee is too much coffee? Personally, I am on the beans, a big bean girl. Have a coffee first thing, and cappuccino from a cafe type thing, and then we go onto the macona, double up, double up, twelve to three pm. So, guys, most adults can safely consume five hundred milligrams of caffeine or the amount in six espresso shots per day. If you're pregnant, the recommended shift is to know more than two hundred milligrams. That's three shots of coffee, Mickey, in a small cappuccino? Is it one shot of espresso?
Speaker 3: I think in a small yes, and regular two. But it really depends on the restaurant. Like sometimes I've gotten a soy ice latte. I reckon the other day they put three in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mate, I reckon. When they're doing the ice members they it's always like a doubles in the shape. So that being said, guys, four hundred milligrams, which again i'll remind you of six espresso shots is reasonable for most adults. But this van Robert van Damn guy who's a professor of exercise and nutrition at the Milken Institute of Public Health, and George Washington, UNI says it also fits in with the research on how much you should consume to reap the health benefits while avoiding unpleasant science side effects. So two to four.
Speaker 2: Cuts are the health benefits of coffee.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, increased energy focus. There's actually it's like a red wine situation or like a dark chocolate moment.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a bit of pr It's.
Speaker 1: A bit of pr but I'm lapping it up. I can't live it out my coffee.
Speaker 4: Shout out, ladies and gentlemen, It's time for flexis big question of the week.
Speaker 2: Woo that is correct. Last week we discussed what is a misconception people make about you that you used to your advantage? And this week the question is pause before I get into that. The whole point of me posing these big questions is to help us exercise the tool and the skill of critically thinking, thinking deeper about what we believe, why we believe it, who's influencing what we believe, what stories we tell ourselves about why the way they are. Not to shame yourself or make you feel uncomfortable, but just to give you some more context for yourself and then hopefully give you more empathy for other people who you might not have considered are experiencing life differently to you, just because we're different people. So what usually happens is I pose a question on radio like I'm doing now, and then on our Instagram, which is flex and Rooms. We have a little question box on our Instagram story and you can answer the question there, and then in a couple of days time, I will read out some of your answers, and then for me and I will discuss. So this week's big question is what life experience do you need that you currently don't have. And the reason why I'm asking is because I feel as though a lot of us can think about how all the things we've experienced thus far have made our lives easier or harder. Like I think about how for so long I didn't have a license and now I'm like, gosh, I could not imagine how limited I would feel if I still didn't have a life license, and I didn't even consider the scope of reality I was missing out on because I couldn't drive. It didn't occur to me. Similarly, you know, figuring out how to make yourself breakfast. Yes, that's a life experience that some people don't have and don't realize that they need. So for you personally, what is a life experience you don't have that you currently don't have, that you think you need? And a byproduct of that is will you go and get it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you mine? Yeah? Learning how to check oil and water in a car, yeah, I don't know. I refuse to learn, but I could be blowing up my engine any day now.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The learning the lights and the dash is really important everyone really. The day that I got a light my dash and how to open up the manual, I was like, oh my what And the symbol didn't even match the problem, which was not enough air pressure and the tires. And then I went to a service station or a petrol station, a gas station, a filling station, that's another one. What do you say petrol station?
Speaker 1: Petrol station?
Speaker 2: I used to say filling station because that's what my mum said, but I don't know where that comes from.
Speaker 5: That's giving And didn't get my license to a late in life.
Speaker 2: At yeah, And then I went there and I was like, okay, let's crank it. How do we do it? Everyone? No instructions? Not enough Anyway, I went to the air tire shop. They do it for free Premium air oh for free, true Premium is a pretty girl. I don't know you're gonna answer the question on our Instagram story now, please do. It's such a pleasure to read through your responses and realize how similar we all are or worst case scenario, best case scenario, how different we all are.
Speaker 1: Major you're listening to Flex and Rooms on cater seems that we have come up with an antidote to the experience of flopping. It's very important that we have come up with the term flop, being on the flop, having a flop era, if you will, because it is something that everybody experiences. If you experience it later on in life, I will say it's quite humbling. It's quite humbling experience, but it's ultimately important to build your empathy skills. I found a TikTok which totally encapsulates what happens when I find myself in an alleged flop Era always alleged me when I'm I can't believe that I'm twenty eight.
Speaker 5: I'm reading out a TikTok.
Speaker 2: Like verbally as well, because TikTok is just for like internal processing. You can't like read it, especially word for Wordwhere sounded out of me?
Speaker 5: When I should have been over that ten years ago?
Speaker 1: All right? Me when I hate myself, Me when I'm flopping so hard that I have to go on a long walk and I have a.
Speaker 6: Meeting with myself to figure out how I'm going to rebrand my life. And you resonated, and I'm pretty sure the music is like the Doors or something, or the Smiths, And.
Speaker 1: I got to say, this is what I do. Put the headphones in. Well, you know you're really going through something when you go for a walk without the headphones. That's when you have some real mental gymnastics to exp I think.
Speaker 2: I should try, because it wouldn't occur to me to just like go for a walk if I felt scrambled. I think I would sooner take a nap.
Speaker 1: Oh, you really marinate in the feeling. I think the walk is good because you does something with your hormones.
Speaker 2: Are you thinking about the thing you're flopping about on the walk? Is that okay?
Speaker 1: We're thinking. We're transcribing to messenger, perhaps calling a friend to offload and the flop. But yeah, I like this is a new concept. Some of us nap, some of us walk. Also the idea of rebranding my life. I'm glad that we talk as if we're all products.
Speaker 2: Truly, I'm updating my one page only about me dried up.
Speaker 1: I've got a big question for you all. How do you name your group chats?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 1: Mickey, you've got a grab from Jaden Salaam play the tape.
Speaker 4: So we all have that one group chat name that is soonic it can't be changed. You know, this group chat name could not be changed. It's so iconic, it's groundbreaking outsoluting.
Speaker 1: This group chat.
Speaker 4: Name is historical. It's going to be in dictionaries, libraries. It's a full on legacy.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: So as we know, guys, I am a writer and a creative type of persons. That's why every group chat I've ever been in has some sort of crazy name. So I'll give you two of them. I'll actually Doc's house, if that's okay. We have group chat me Flex and Sally. It has been a bit inactive of late. I don't know how Sally's going. I should really brood it up.
Speaker 4: In check.
Speaker 1: We call ourselves Guzman's Angels because when we went to Splendor together, we had a bonding experience after all falling very gravely ill, and we spent the Saturday night at the hotel eating GUZMANI Gomez.
Speaker 2: I would say, goozman, but.
Speaker 1: What was I saying? Guzman GUZMANI Gomez. Yeah, delicious. I gotta say, a massive fan of that food stuff. Micky, what are your Can you give us a group chat name?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I actually have one with two of my best friends, and it's called boy Issues real and and they named it when I was with my ex boyfriend and I was like, I don't have any boy issues.
Speaker 2: I was like, why am I in this?
Speaker 3: For the year's name is frowing me around like five years now, and I'm like, okay, it has seen boy issues.
Speaker 5: Manifest to that.
Speaker 1: My one with my two besties is bat Gas Suck like I can, of the life of me, remember why it's called bat Gas zuck like obviously ZUK for Zuckerberg obviously Yeah, bad gas? Where did that come from? It's obviously like an anonym? What's it called? What is acronym bad gas stand for? This could be incriminating and the photo is of a guy that ah someone dated.
Speaker 5: She's so powerful? Who anyway? People?
Speaker 1: You know what, just while we're here, guys, I saw this TikTok which was like when someone becomes a personal meme in your friendship group. Being front facing figures Flex, we need to really acknowledge that it's quite possible that we are someone inside.
Speaker 5: Joke because I talt to plenty of other people. That's a humbling realization.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 3: For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.