Speaker 1: Hi Heart podcasts, hear more Kiss podcast playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart app A good pickup with britt Hockley and Laura ben Brady. What our windows? That my wor risen the dust? Only good thata dog all down?
Speaker 2: I've done merch, but yeah I'm our big get.
Speaker 1: And what a wa? It don't matter where that done? This is the pickup. Hi, everyone, Happy Monday. It's the pick up with Pretty Hockey and Laura Bath.
Speaker 3: I hope you guys had a brilliant weekend.
Speaker 2: I got the best news on the weekend that I could have received. If you've been following along closely to the pickup, or I guess the news in general, you would have heard about the dog that has caught the nation.
Speaker 3: Valerie the Dashound.
Speaker 2: She got lost on Kangaro Island eighteen months ago.
Speaker 1: No one is this hook to this story is what Brittan Hockley is. No one.
Speaker 3: I do love an animal story. I get sucked in.
Speaker 2: We know, so Valerie the Dashound moving on to catch up to speed. She got lost eighteen months ago with her owners on Kangaroo Island. Her owners didn't get lost, but Valerie ran away when they were on like a three day getaway. The owners had to return to normal life after not being able to find her, and they thought she must have just not made it and passed away.
Speaker 1: Would you would think that a dashound doesn't, like we're talking a sausage dog, doesn't have great survival skills.
Speaker 2: No, it's not the sort of dog you would want to take into the wilderness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wild instincts.
Speaker 3: It was spotted over the.
Speaker 2: Last eighteen months alive and thriving and just living its best life in the wilderness, but no one could ever capture it. And Australia has been on the edge of their seat trying to see if they're going to ever get Valerie back.
Speaker 3: And I can confirm over.
Speaker 2: The weekend Valerie, after eighteen months in the wilderness, living on her own, eating roadkills, scavenging for food.
Speaker 3: And the forest and drinking like whatever the rain.
Speaker 2: Has brought, she has been captured and she is on her way back to her owners.
Speaker 3: It's incredible.
Speaker 1: What a good news story for a Monday. We're talking five one hundred and twenty nine days a sausage dog. This sausage dog is no longer a sausage dog. That's a dingo, that's a wild dog. You can't take that home now.
Speaker 2: I would love to speak to the owners, maybe next week if we can produce a Grace.
Speaker 1: Just to see how Grace, just to see I don't want to speak.
Speaker 2: I'm curious to see how Valerie will adapt because the owner said that she was obviously a very domesticated dog, very reliant on her owners.
Speaker 3: And really like obsessed.
Speaker 2: What if she's turning into a savage that she's had to do what she's had to do to survive.
Speaker 1: What if Brittany. I wonder if the rest of Australia is as interested in getting the owner of Valerie on But we'll find out.
Speaker 2: I was in the Sawna yesterday and I was talking to her although all these guys in the sauner, I was like, hey, guys, have you heard about Valerie the Dashi Hound?
Speaker 1: And Everyone's like no. I was like, never mind, I don't. No one else cares as much as me. Now. The thing that everyone in our office is talking about today is Jojo Siwa and her big, very public breakup with her partner Cath because of the scandal that has been going down on Celebrity Big Brother UK. So if you're not across this. There has been, potentially, because we don't know for sure, some emotional cheating that's gone on, but no, that's confirmed.
Speaker 3: The emotional cheating is confirmed.
Speaker 1: I'm still getting across this story because i gotta admit I've not watched Celebrity Big Brother UK.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, so Jojo is in a relationship, well sorry, was in a relationship with an Australian Kath Ebbs, and they've been.
Speaker 3: Seeing each other apparently since the.
Speaker 2: End of last year, and by all accounts, it looked pretty amazing, like they were talking about marriage and it looked like a really lovely, loving, beautiful relationship, one of those things where you're like, wow, these two people found each other in these crazy circumstances, and Kath was supporting Jojo while she was in the Big Brother House. But whilst she was in the house, Jojo formed this like insane close what started as a friendship with a guy called Chris.
Speaker 1: Chris Hughes is from the Island, and it.
Speaker 2: Turned into this point where it almost made people uncomfortable to watch. It was so close Laura that like they sleep in the same bed together, They're always cuddling, laying.
Speaker 3: On top of each other's chest.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I see some of the massaging that was going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And at the start, a lot of people were like, oh, it's just a beautiful friendship. JoJo's gay, JoJo's in a relationship, so it's all good. And when they're in the spa together, they're always cuddling, and they just became so insanely close that it even started to make people in the Big Brother House feel uncomfortable, and Paul Cath in Australia started to get completely trolled online about what their partner was doing over there. So I can't imagine what Cath was going through, but it has just exploded. Well.
Speaker 1: Kind of the summation of this is that Kath went over to the UK for the Big Brother finale party and Jojo broke up with them that night, So it really and you know, I think watching this all unfold very publicly, I cannot even imagine how difficult that would be. But I still think you would give your partner the benefit of the doubt. You know, you would see something and be like, oh, that makes me feel uncomfortable. I'm sure there's an explanation of this. You know, I want to deny my intuition, but I'm going to go and be there and support them anyway. The reason why I wanted to talk about this specifically is even though everyone is discussing this whole situation between Jojo and Cath and it is going down on social media, there was also a really interesting Body and Soul article that came out which was titled what do you do when your ex ends up with the person they told you not to worry about? And I feel like a lot of people may have experienced this where you have this sneaky suspicion when you're together, or your intuition is telling you that something just isn't right about this relationship or friendship. Maybe it's a work colleague, maybe it's like a really close friend, and then weeks later or months later after the breakup, it turns out that they're hooking up or they're together now, and it makes you think, okay, well, then was something there the whole time? Well?
Speaker 2: I think the question here is if you say, what do you do if you find out after the fact you do nothing, who cares you?
Speaker 3: Move on?
Speaker 2: But what I think is more important is when you're in that relationship, listen to your intuition, like your body is telling you that something is not right. That is a response for a reason, Like it's not something that you've made up in your ow. I mean, you might have made it up in your head, but our bodies give us that feeling because they know deep down something is not right. And for me, every time I have had that feeling, I've always been the person that gives the benefit of the doubt because like a.
Speaker 1: Loah, love whatever.
Speaker 3: But it always turned out to be true. I remember when I.
Speaker 2: Was I've talked a bit about this guy that I was with many moons ago, someone I thought I was gonna marry that had this double life, like basically he was marrying two people simultaneously, and he did that for two years, right, And so I had these feelings all the way through that at different times, and I always ignored them.
Speaker 3: And there was this one particular time he was.
Speaker 2: Overseas working he worked in the hospital overseas, and there was this woman that was also working overseas with him, and he was hanging out with her all the time, and I remember saying, is there anything you want to tell me? Like you're hanging out with this person a lot, and He's like, yeah, it's just lonely over here, like we're just my friend. Were just two people that have been posted over here together to the point that he was sending me selfies of them concerts together, and he was making it so obvious how often they were together that it was like nothing could be going on, where like, why would I be sending you photos of us together, you know, like we're just hanging out all this time.
Speaker 1: And he was such a jerk.
Speaker 3: He was like, I'm not even attracted to her, like gross.
Speaker 1: Kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Anyway, in hindsight, they were hooking up the whole time, like, and once I found that out, I was like, I knew that. I was like, why didn't I just listen to myself at the time. But you want to believe what the person you love is telling you.
Speaker 1: I mean, coming back to this situation with Jojo Siwa and Kath Ebbs, obviously we don't know them, so we are just speculating. But I would guess that Kath was watching on and being like, well, surely if there was something, it wouldn't be this obvious, and surely there's just a friendship and it's not a sexual attraction. I am sure that Kath doubted themselves in what they were thinking and probably needed to go over there for the clarity, and the clarity came in a very sudden breakup.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think from what Kath has come out and said, is that they might have been slightly uncomfortable with some of the stuff that they were seeing, but they definitely wanted to be the relationship and work it out and wanted to clarity. And I get the impression and they were excited to go over and hang out and spend that time, and to go over there and then get dumped and then Jojo and Chris have since been seen at a golf club specifically, they haven't confirmed.
Speaker 1: That anything's going on a golf clubs.
Speaker 2: From what I have seen, I feel for Cath, but I do think that we'll see Chris and Jojo end up coming out together.
Speaker 1: That's what I think.
Speaker 2: I got myself into a real pickle, Laura, by choosing.
Speaker 1: The fiance that I have. I mean, he's great. I think the people's fine.
Speaker 2: So my fiance is German. Well he's Swiss, but he speaks Swiss, German and German, so I've been trying to learn German. It is so hard, I've essentially given up.
Speaker 1: You have been trying to learn German for two years, and I didn't want to insult you, but I don't think you've made any progress. However, I find it quite funny because you're the first person to pick on Ben when he says something wrong in English.
Speaker 3: He's fifth language, but he.
Speaker 1: Speaks literally six different languages.
Speaker 2: He speaks five, and I have so much satisfaction when he gets a word wrong.
Speaker 1: But I don't give him a hard time. I just I just couldn't laugh at him. The audacity that you have to correct him in his English speaking when he can speak.
Speaker 2: Everything one hundred percent. And I understand what that says about me. He did write, I did have a giggle. It's really cute. His English is amazing, like I cannot falter, but sometimes English is hard to write and read. But yes, say, he did write to me, and he said he had a toasty for lunch and he wrote tw stie and I thought that was really cute. Toasty but that's how it sounds right anyway.
Speaker 3: So he now lives in Italy.
Speaker 2: So I just went to Italy, and now I've realized that I need to learn Italian.
Speaker 1: It's a new language. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I went over there, and I did have a few mishaps with not being able to understand what I was buying. So my sister and her partner also came over and they had their little baby, Maya, who's ten months old.
Speaker 3: And I went to the.
Speaker 2: Supermarkets to get some things, and my sister asked me to also get some baby food and I was like, yeah, cool, And I was like, what does she have and she's.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, just get the packet a raffertys.
Speaker 2: No, She's like, get some of those because it's easy, right, like the yogur pouches that come with a swivel top.
Speaker 3: You squeeze them out like you all know those yogat pouches.
Speaker 1: That is literally Rafferty's oh is it? Yeah, Well, I don't have a kid. I don't know the names.
Speaker 3: Sorry, And this is not sponsored, Lauren.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it's it's just the one that I used to buy. Okay.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I got some other stuff for Ben too, So fast forward, I go to my sisters to give her the baby food, and I'm in charge of feeding the baby because I'm you know, I'm like taking all the time i can with my niece. I'm like, do I want to have this soon? Do or want my own child? Let's let's see. So I opened the yogur My sister's like a couple of meters away, and I go to squeeze out and I was like, that doesn't look right, and.
Speaker 1: My sister looks over she goes. I was like, is this what this is supposed.
Speaker 3: To look like?
Speaker 1: And she's like, what the hell is that?
Speaker 3: No, I go down and sniff it.
Speaker 1: Dog food.
Speaker 3: I got a squeezy pouch of dog food that I was about to feed my ten month old knees.
Speaker 1: Catfood would have been worse. Why does she smell it? Well, maybe it was cat food. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was some kind of pet food. But in my defense, it was quite like neutral packaging. And then there was just like this really fine line art drawing of what turned out to be an animal's face in.
Speaker 3: A bottom corner.
Speaker 1: I don't think that this is something that is like specific to being in another country. I don't know if you remember this, Bree. It was a long time ago now, but I got sent I have a dog. I have a dog. I got sent a beautiful package of what were little donut biscuits, and like it was obviously from a very organic brand, made very naturally. It looked like something that you could have picked up at the farmer's markets. And they were these cute little doughnut biscuits. I had icing on top, and they were in little individual bags. And my nephew at the time came over, he was about four, and I gave it to him, didn't read the packaging, didn't pay any attention to it, and I handed him dog biscuits, of which he ate all of them, which so at least I took it one step further. You ended it before it could have gotten worse. But like you know what, he's never had nicer biscuits. To be fair, he's got to say immaculate.
Speaker 2: His hair was so shiny, males amazing. I think, my sisters, I can't be in charge of looking after myer anymore. Because then I went to make his coffees. This is the same day from the same shop when to make his coffees. And I went to pour in like the long life milk into the coffee chicken stock, because it both it just comes in the exact same don't you know.
Speaker 1: Those like cardboard cartons.
Speaker 2: It comes in the same thing, and I can't read Italian.
Speaker 1: It's weird that one of them has a picture of a chicken on the front, but like, you would never guess that they didn't just milk a chicken.
Speaker 2: In Italy anyway, it was chicken stock, so obviously canned that and canned the baby food.
Speaker 3: My I did not eat the baby food. But I'm like, what am I gonna do?
Speaker 2: How am I ever going to go and live over there successfully if I can't read anything?
Speaker 1: No, just smell things before you take really a stance. I did. That's how I knew it was chicken stock. I was like, this is really salty. I don't know. I feel like maybe you just need to let Ben be in charge of everything from now on.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't let him hears it.
Speaker 1: Now, Britt, Yes, I have a question for you. Hit me what age? And I want a specific age? Am I now?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Twenty seven? No, because it's always a lie. You always You've never telled us the true never know. Even Daily Mail doesn't know for sure. Every article there's something different written about you.
Speaker 2: It changes every article because they'll be like, we'll get it right.
Speaker 1: At one point. Okay, So everyone has fallen over, right, like kids fall over. You know, you might have a couple too many drinks on the weekend, you might fall over. But when does the transition happen between when falling over the description of that turns into having a fall. Oh, like when you're old and just fall over, but you had a fall.
Speaker 3: I feel like it may be you know, great question.
Speaker 2: By the way, Laura, I'll just add that there.
Speaker 1: I think maybe everyone's been considering on their Monday, isn't it.
Speaker 2: The thing is, maybe it's when you can't get back up. So do you think that's when you've had a fall as opposed to fell over? It's like or when there's a bad injury. It's definitely age related because you don't say it.
Speaker 1: I guess you do.
Speaker 3: For a kid, You're like, oh, they had a fall. I don't know, it's weird.
Speaker 1: It does sound very like retirement d doesn't it. So either it's severity or age related. Yeah, But then it can't just be a number of age. It's got to be like the age of the person, because like some people, you might get someone who's in the eighties, but they're a really young person in the eighties. You get someone in their seventies, but they're a really old person in their seventies, Rightly, people don't just age the same. I say this because I have recently, and I don't know why it is happening, but I have become particularly clumsy, and in the space of three days, I had three separate episodes where I fell over. We're not calling them falls.
Speaker 2: You can't call it an episode either. That's the age things as well. If you've had an episode of.
Speaker 1: Falls, you're doom. Well. I fell over three separate times, and I'm not talking like little falls. I have a massive bruise across the whole of my left ass cheek because I fell over. All right, hang on, set me up. First fall? What happened? And now my husband's describing them as I'm having falls? Okay, First one, I was running backwards on the beach because I was like chasing my daughter and I was running backwards she was chasing me, and I didn't realize that directly behind me was a massive log with sticks sticking out of it. And I fell over the lo and I fell into the log full of sticks, and then I rolled around on the ground for a while because it hurt really bad. Okay, I would say in front of people as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd say you fell over for that one, that's not a fool, okay. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then next day, we were at a rock platform, so little cute rock pools and even ground yep. I took one step onto the rock platform. Everyone else was on there comfortably walking around looking at the crabs. I took one step and I slipped in some algae and then I rolled down the rock platform back on out of the stets.
Speaker 2: Okay, so green mosses entered the chat. I would also say, in that circumstance, you fell over, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Three same day, but in the afternoon, I was rushing because I had to go and pick up my daughter ye and I was trying to get my youngest into the car, and I was wearing crocheted pants and my big toe from my left foot hooked into the crochet hole of my pant in my right like my right pant, and I tripped over my own pants. This one was like I flew through the air and my phone went, my keys went. Everything was like a very dramatic and my four year old walks up and she goes, mom, what's wrong with you? Keep falling over all the time, and I really don't have an answer for it.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure I would say in that one that you had a fall.
Speaker 1: The third one you had a fall.
Speaker 2: Guys, do you know what I think I've realized it is now that we've broken it down. I think having a fall is when you fall for no apparent reason, like you're just walking.
Speaker 1: I just was walking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I think that's when it is. Because you got caught in your pants, that's having a fall. But when you fall over backward, do you sleep on algae?
Speaker 1: You fell? So I also had I also had platform sandals on, so I really I really took a dive. But anyway, my four year old really added insult to injury. The night of so like, she was very confused by my constant falling over. And then that night I was putting her in bed and I gave her her like drink bottle and I like went to pat her hair with my hand, and she just looked at me, and she looks at me with this real look of concern on her face, and she goes, ummy, you're getting old, And I was like, sorry, why why sweetart? She goes, look at your hands and I look down at my hands, and I have kind of particularly veiny hands. Also so does Angelina. Jolly, sorry, you have.
Speaker 2: Beautiful skin and young hands. You could be a hand model with veins.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I'll be a vain Yeah, I'm very good if I need to go in and get anything done intravenously.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, I could calulate you easily.
Speaker 1: Yeah you could great. Okay, So you know, I was slightly offended. But then she doubled down and I said, I don't think my hands look that old, are they, sweetie? And she goes yeah, and all the lines and then she went through and pointed all the lines out on my face, and so now I'm yeah, she told me that I look more like a nana than a mum. So I'm really anyway, guys, happy Monday. Oh my god, that is the worst.
Speaker 2: It's you know what, the lines I could deal with, but saying you look more like a nana, that like would hurt me. I'd be looking straight in from the bowtok, I'll be like getting them on the line.
Speaker 1: Give me everything clean, schedule, all right? So I booked in for a facelift. Is happy next week? I'm six weeks off. Everyone like me look like a baby,