Speaker 1: On Flex and Frooms Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast. Sweet Ries Gosh.
Speaker 2: I like being alive. There's something about the sun that does it to me. I need to figure out. I've done this thing recently where I try and go out with as little stuff as possible. So every time I come to Cata, I've got bags and bags and bags of luggage. But if I'm at home doing nothing, I'm trying to raw dog life, like just the phone and a key and be on your way. And it feels good having your arms swinging with nothing in them, not a bag to hold you down at a clutch to u under your arm.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful and I really do recommend you're listening to Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: On cat Guess What. Phanta has a new mystery flavor. I say mystery as though I know what it is and you don't know what it is. But nobody knows what it is. They've got a new campaign called what the Fanta. They're encouraging you and your friend and your best mates to figure out what the flavor is by joining the Fabulous Flavor Hunt. All you need to do is like purchase limited edition flavor and I guess like figure it out from there, guess what it is. But better than that, if you want to win five hundred dollars, go to cater dot com dot Au one more time cater dot com dot Au. You're gonna go and answer a quick little question. We just need want We just want to know how you infuse flavor into your life. Is it how you dress, how you speak, how you argue, how you play? And then if someone somewhere likes your answer, you might just win five hundred dollars aud hopefully tax three.
Speaker 3: We don't know who they are, where they come from, We don't know where they are in the building.
Speaker 1: However, we can just be sending you good We.
Speaker 2: Will find them and we will get that money for you, hopefully in cash.
Speaker 1: But you know it is what it is. Miss you dearly and good luck.
Speaker 2: If you happen to win, Just know a little drink for flex and rooms wouldn't go astray mates, a little mystery fantasy.
Speaker 3: Send Little Time po box seven three eight five BONDI beats two thousand and two two six thousand my Peo bucks.
Speaker 2: She's not even joking. I don't have one, oh, but you can just send mine to FRUMSUS. If you've been seeing an influx of celebrities doing objectively terrifying and bad things, you are not alone, it seems to some of the last I want to say, let's say the whole year, pretty much, it's been celebrity after celebrity after celebrity. There was Lizzo, Beyonce even did something naughty. They both had, they both did slurs.
Speaker 1: It wasn't good.
Speaker 2: We had ariana Grande adulterer, allegedly, Danny Masseton not good, good assault her allegedly, Ashton Kutchen, Kutchin, Ashton Kutcher, Mila Kunis, Drew Barrymore, Russell Brand, again and again and again.
Speaker 3: And I will say some some mean discussions worse than others.
Speaker 2: Obviously, well, obviously you do with that information what you will. But it seems as though the standard, the norm, the expectation is that when I open up my device no free press and I scroll through my nondescript media app, I'm going to see an apology or a cancelation in practice. But generally, what I'm noticing is that, let's say three years ago, it was us, the audience, the consumer, deciding who is bad who is good. Now it's celebrities presenting themselves as bad people, and we have no choice but to say, you know what, you are terrible, This is not good.
Speaker 1: It's definitely changed.
Speaker 2: We're no longer having to you know, go into archives, go to the back of someone's Twitter thread from seventeen years ago and find an indiscretion. It's front and center, and it's also front and center and often cons with legalities, like the quatch of the law is now also deciding that you are bad. It's not just me and my perception of your behavior. And you know I've said before as firm mentioned sorry, like some of them are general predators and their time has come, you know, is overdue. But then part of me thinks it could be something a little sinister. Okay, bear with me. For the last five months or so, there's been an actor's strike and a writer strike, right, which is meant underneath the terms of that strike, and it stopped recently, thank goodness. But under the terms of that strike it meant that actors and writers could not post promote, make, or film, pitch anything to do with movies and TV shows at all, which meant you have a lot of actors who are now suddenly out of work and they can't promote themselves or their work to essentially funnel their other businesses. You know Ryan Reynolds, for example, he's not just an actor. He has a whiskey company and a photo app or something, and he also does this, and he owns a football team. He's got other avenues. Thank goodness, he can promote himself through these things that he does. What about everybody else just having to be penniless and marketing less because there's a drat up carcasses?
Speaker 1: I thought, could that be something?
Speaker 2: And for someone who works in media and marketing, I often feel like I'm quite naive as to what is a PR stunt and what is just you know, bad timing good entertainment. And this doesn't feel like bad time and good entertainment. This feels like I don't know a new wave of publicity that you reckon that recognizes that chaos marketing and outrage marketing does a lot for people. Even more so than someone being in a movie. We're talking about people we would have never spoken about at length because of their indiscretions.
Speaker 3: Do you really believe that bad publicity is good publicity? Not personally, but yeah, like not for yourself, my stone, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do absolutely.
Speaker 2: If you scroll through the back catalog of the Flex and Room show and you pull out every celebrity that we've talked about, I wouldn't say I'm fans of most of them, but they've somehow found themselves in the news for doing something potentially sus or.
Speaker 1: Or shady, and now we're speaking about it at length.
Speaker 2: True, you know, yeah, it's not great. It is a conspiracy theory. I feel like, you know, look, look what the court case is about assault. That's not this is not a bit of show business. That's just bad people doing bad things. Everybody else. I'm sus as if Drew Barrymore is the first celebrity to cross the picket line for a writer strike Drew Barrymore, she's got like generations in the game, Like she knows she's not better, So if she's the first one to do it, she's kinde of like better than I need to get paid today. I need to get paid today. I don't have time anyway. If you have any other thoughts to conspiracies and you feel like you want to share them, voice memos preferred at Flex and Rooms on Instagram is our inbox. We accept all submissions and admissions. Will they make it to the show? Who knows love seeing them?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 3: A few months ago, or rather a few weeks ago, oh would have been, It might be a few months now, I reckon, mom. We have been dilly dilling and tiptoeing around a concept called.
Speaker 1: It a cult.
Speaker 3: I personally have never been involved in a cult. I did go to like a church for a little while when I was like younger, which was like had a cult.
Speaker 2: Like academic institutions have cult like vibes exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I guess I did go to university. Yeah, I'll say you practiced. Yeah, well you were practiced upon. I was practiced upon. Let's put it that way.
Speaker 3: Anyway, guys, we're creating a cult.
Speaker 1: This is what we've got so far in the cult.
Speaker 3: Flex is the leader of the cult purely because I took myself out of the race.
Speaker 1: Because I believe that.
Speaker 2: We've taken out of the race due to your inability to manage your time efficiently and to participate.
Speaker 1: The cult is called redacted.
Speaker 3: The byline is the third space where we prioritize getting near it and bonding with each other.
Speaker 1: See child, It's over the line. It's nothing crazy.
Speaker 3: So last time we determined whether Utopia is situated, where did we say it was Melbourne?
Speaker 2: It's global bab was global global citizen? Because I want to leave room for the aliens in abduction. Would you like to be abducted? I mean not just one of one, yeah, but definitely a group. I'd be abducted with you, oh for sure. You know.
Speaker 1: Imagine the content opportunities.
Speaker 2: Are sending invoices from Mars. Imagine charging a client for licensing. I'm in Marsstree, Mars wide. Any good organized environment, institution, group, community, group of friends, whatever needs rules And I'm not talking ways to keep you in line, but also just ways to confirm that we are all on the same page when it comes to what is acceptable and unacceptable behavior.
Speaker 3: We have here a list that has been written for us. However, I'm going to go through and there's fourth confirmed mole deny confirmal deny number one rats Tales.
Speaker 1: I just feel like that's personal. I love already. I love already too. Who's clocked us wrong? Someone here who wrote this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, I personally want a ratty. I think a nice we need a nice number one on the side or a nice fade.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Oh, we've got that in the road. You can weit a little on top. We can even go malody. I don't even mind. But a nice I would say, an ideal ratty length fifteen centimeters, not twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's like it's.
Speaker 3: Significant, like this your body of your hand all the way up to the top of your middle finger. I would say, I like a real thin one, okay, like a little traditional that like you could you know, when you touch a plant, it's like like loving the feeling. Yeah, I love running my two index and thumb finger down a little plat and going so nice nice.
Speaker 1: So rattails are allowed.
Speaker 3: Also, E scooters, I'm gonna say E scooters can be in when used with a helmet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's talk about road safety really quickly. I've been thinking about it a lot. We need helmets. Okay, if you won't do it for yourself, imagine the embarrassment you'll see in the after place, wherever you go afterwards, knowing that you've ended your life and you've now been assigned to an eternity of nothingness because you didn't wear a helmet. It's simply not that deep. It's crazy pop on on and if you don't own one, then maybe don't ride it. You know what they need unless you unless you don't mind the risk.
Speaker 1: You know what they need. What they need.
Speaker 3: What they need is and this could be in shark tank, so somebody still it if you have an engineering degree, but also message me or help with the marketing they need like a helmet that is folded up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, keeping a bag.
Speaker 3: It like pops up and it's like titanium. I swear we could do it with all the adam um.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: The third thing rudeness, but not sassinus. I would say personally, I would like rudeness to not be in the utopia. I think rudeness needs to be in the utopia.
Speaker 2: Oh, because if you remove a natural human function, you replace it with something worse.
Speaker 1: Yes, maybe we're not rude, but are we all petty?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Oh? Are your passive aggressive? I can't handle that. You need emotional intelligence as a mask please?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well it's rasy to go through the must have must have somethings band. The final one that was suggested here for us is rich people. I would say that under what regime guys, under what regime are we all?
Speaker 1: Are we on the same page? Are we not on the same page? Scant budget? This is how distatorship staguy is enough to go around.
Speaker 2: We promise some will have more than others. Okay, but there is enough there is to go around, and there will be a currency in this utopia.
Speaker 1: Do not play.
Speaker 3: If I had to write one thing that's not ending up in the utopia, it's the ability to burp of you.
Speaker 1: I don't burb disgusting babe, but it feels like like on the fringe of your brand.
Speaker 3: E anyway, you're with flexing friends on kit that is so offensive. Flexi and I we're having a conversation on the air. But guys, you know what is radio one on one practice is that when you're doing a radio show, you shouldn't be like, oh, like me and my co host talked about this earlier because apparent only people will be like, why weren't we part of the conversation. However, I believe you need to know the rules to break up, and that's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm gonna do. Sorry.
Speaker 3: Earlier I was talking to you, Flexi about how I was mentioning the size of my forehead online. Yes, and I was therefore giving people open slather to comment on the size.
Speaker 2: Well, can I quickly put my hand up. You weren't talking about the size of your forehead online. You were insinuating and inferring that you had a bigger than average forehead. You were making jokes about this allegedly bigger than average forehead, and doing it in such an inviting and humorous way that I can imagine the average person will take that as a license to now joke about your potentially average than normal forehead.
Speaker 3: Tell me, then, why I'm posted a beautiful central selfie with no reference to their forehead. First message five head to get out of my eyes.
Speaker 2: And I hate to be right, babe, I really do. It's I don't love it. I don't love putting you in a position where I can say I told you so.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we Well, I came to the saying maybe there's kind of this whole theory that the bigger the forehead, the larger the brain, and if de bumps that, But it turns out that this ideology has ancient Greek.
Speaker 2: Roots, Guys, Roman Empire. What the hell it's called phrenology.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of it? I haven't.
Speaker 3: So phrenology, which is from the ancient Greek word friend. How do you know that? Oh? Frenology duh, which means mind, and then logos, which means knowledge. So mind knowledge is a pseudoscience that involves the measurement of bumps on the skull to predictmental traits. It is based on the concept that the brain is an organ of the mind and that like brain, things are localized.
Speaker 1: And anyway.
Speaker 3: So yeah, apparently they seem to think that the bigger head and see it's like, okay, so here's a picture of a skull, and it's like, you know how in those anatomy books there's like a skull in it says where all the stuff is in your head.
Speaker 2: They have a campus, the frontal lobe and stuff those things exactly.
Speaker 1: But it turns out, yeah, it's a it's a pseudoscience.
Speaker 3: So although I do have someoneuld say a larger than average head.
Speaker 2: No, a larger than average forehead, but a tiny head, I know, which means it probably averages out and you probably have a smaller than average forehead.
Speaker 3: Bro the pinhead by square meter, the pin head is real. Have you ever touched a baby soft part of their forehead, of their head.
Speaker 1: I don't love doing I hate it. Man.
Speaker 3: That's where they people say I get intrusive thoughts, Like when I'm on a plane, I do consider opening the door.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna keep it real with.
Speaker 3: Your chief every time because I'm staying there, ready to go to the toilet and the whole big like think Sam, like obviously I could do it, anyone could do it.
Speaker 1: Stopping you. Why don't you see your intrusive thoughts.
Speaker 3: Through because that's what they are, intrusive thoughts, and that would be harming myself and others.
Speaker 1: I don't want to go through the propeller. Good to know I would never door guys. Sorry, you can catch playing with me. You're on the no fly list tomorrow.
Speaker 2: She spat everywhere everyone she's spat, But.
Speaker 1: I'll get you a new one. Sorry, that's so gross. That's that's like my body leading the plane ill. I don't know where I was going with this, but thank you for sharing. Undertheless, you've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 3: For more, tune Indicater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio