Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Fromes.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 3: It is Flex and Frooms on Cata and my goalie, Gosh, it's ground Hug's Day because we're talking about Frumi's two hundred dollars Kleena Strata water bottle.
Speaker 1: Yet again, if you don't know what it is, there is a water bottle in the studio that remains with us at all times.
Speaker 2: You is.
Speaker 1: It is from a brand call Cleaner Strata in New York. They are a sustainable high fashion i'd say brand. They do pants, shoes, pants tops. I think they did a collaboration with mister shoes Cleaner Strata ex mister. But this water bottle I have in my hand here diamontes. I'd say there's probably at least one thousand diamontes more on the bottle and it has a very subtle star shape if you move it very far away.
Speaker 2: Have you seen that in it? The star?
Speaker 3: I've seen this bottle like so many times in the last six months. Every time it's not fresh.
Speaker 2: Every time I bring this water ball out, I get comments.
Speaker 3: But also every time you use the water bottle, you do the spiel. Every time we take a sip you to the spiel.
Speaker 1: Okay, so michaelis shouted tw hundred dollars. Water bottle has been a contentious point in the show and beyond. I told the girls the other day that I haven't washed it since I've gotten her six months ago. To me, that's fine because it's simply water. There's no other remnants in the bottle. But to Brook, our producer, and to Flex, my co host, that was blasphemous and absolutely discussing. And so what we've done is gotten a woman called Lydia Butchman. She is the communication director at the Food Safety Information Council for where she's worked for twenty five years.
Speaker 2: Like, we're going deep on this, obviously. So this is like you guys, we have been once and for all free.
Speaker 3: Me thought it was so bizarre that we that she had revealed it she'd never washed her water bottle before, Like there's not just like limestone and like COVID during two point five chilling in that bottle. And the only reason why we brought it up is because often when she drinks from it, it leaves a black line of demail case on her nose from the soot and the grime that's lingering around the lips. Anyway, we've got Lidia on the line to tell us once and for all, how often should we be washing our reasonable drink bottles, if any, and if froom should retire her gem infested beautiful bottle.
Speaker 4: Hi, it's lydia.
Speaker 2: Hi'm Lidia at Slicks and Rooms. Hey you going?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's good? Thank you.
Speaker 1: I guess I just want to know me having not washed this bottle?
Speaker 2: Is that a problem? Do I need to wash.
Speaker 4: It when you drink out of it? You know it touches your mouth, You might need it lying around on temperature. Some bacteria and properly have got from your mouth into your water bottle. So the idea is for at least once a day. You need to use some hot water and phats a bottle brush to go inside to clean it out. But the important thing is to make sure you dry it thoroughly before you leave fill it. So it needs to dry it or the bacterial will still grow in the in the dampness inside, so you need to it upside here. So the goodness I supposed for you is you need to at least two diamond te drink bottles.
Speaker 3: She does have to she's got one in the drawer ready to go, that she could sum it out.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, because this is where I trip up lydia because I drink so much water that I never have time for it to dry out. So is it possible for me to wash it with hot water and soap and then like getting all the hot water out, then put water straight back into it.
Speaker 4: I know the ideas to drain it out, So I've got to, you know, get that one who's during the day empty it out, wash it out with hot water, and get a clean bottle, busty, clean out properly and look, put it upside down to drain it of night and it should be okay to refill the next morning. You might want to keep some cool water in the fridge to refill it with, so you don't leave the water bottle in the fridge itself, and don't forget the top to it. There's a masstake. I maybe the other day, the last media interview I had about this, I actually looked and thought and it was slightly molded around the top for fungus on mold to grow in there if you lead it, especially in the bits where the screw top that meets the bottle. You can catch up in there, and that's a bit you drink out off too, So you need to be careful. So it's not just about ter. There's mold. There's fung girl that can grow in there that aren't particularly good for you. So it's good to you just take to kit them clean. And that's good idea. And now we're all jealous because we want to die onto water.
Speaker 2: What does the mold look like?
Speaker 4: Typically it's blackish. You can find it's in there. Sometimes you get a little bit of clean for the mossy colored. It's the bottom of the water bottle.
Speaker 3: Gay, I tell you something. So the reason why this whole conversation started about how often you should wash a water bottle is because I noticed that when Frooms would drink from her bottle, the rim would lead this black line of demarcation on her nose, to which I thought was a mold like substance.
Speaker 2: Frooms disagreed.
Speaker 3: Now she's touching the rim of her bottle and there is so much black stuff coming off it, and she's smiling Lydia. She doesn't see stressed or scared ap ll And we're stressed and scared we're uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Yes, i'd suspect that probably is mold and not a good idea to consume. Now, another quick thing too, if you exercise, if you're jogging or cycling, you use one of those water bladders where you sort of suck the water out. Remember to keep that clean too. Also, it's hot water, and you might want to put a bit of a couple of tablespoons of baking soda into the bladder and push it through the valve at the top that you suck the water out of, and leave that for thirty minutes. And some brands actually have a special cleaning tablet to keep those clean because they're very likely to pick up molds and all sorts of strange things inside. Particularly it's warm weather too, so you watch out if you're jogging or cycling and have one of those sucking water bladders backpack.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about maybe i'll get into that film we have long since in the studio.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Lydia to your health. I will concede defeat, and I will wash my water bottle. When I get home.
Speaker 1: I will say I haven't gotten sick yet, but you've kind of spooked me, so I make sure that I.
Speaker 2: Get on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'll be a great idea.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, Lydia.
Speaker 2: Bye, Lydia. You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 1: For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.