Speaker 1: On today's show, Sky Wheatley's vaginal tightening procedure, Northwest chowles down on an onion Jeordie Shaw star Gary Beadle announces his shock divorce and a TikTok theory about quitting your job. Hello, and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Sophie Torbert and okay, it's just you and I today because it appears Amy is still recovering from a Hen's party. Yeah, so it's been what a day and a bit and she decided that it was all a bit too much for her. She didn't even get drunk or anything. It's literally just been days and days of work to get ready for this Hens. I am exhausted. You touched on the fact that she didn't get drunk. She had a few pims and lemonades, because we did set up a pims and lemonade stand. Amy actually did paint the sign herself. I have to give her props for that because she wanted to be very involved. But her partner Dale did give our bride'sman a task bridesman, so he had left an eski under his desk with all the ingredients to make skittle bombs, and he really wanted Amy to be able to let her hair down. And the reason it was skittle bombs is because probably five or eight years ago, we had a really fun night out on the towns. Yeah, it was our friend's Hens party and she had had quite a few skittle bombs and she was ticking along nicely, so he wanted her to have some. But I made a quite toxic batch of them, i'd say, and everyone either they ended up being thrown into the garden or refused. Well, my job was making the jugs of pims and lemonade, and I got some great feedback. Mum said it was a really good mix. I was blown away by how everyone got so into the theme. Everyone's outfits looked incredible. A few of us were saying, God, we should wear this tennis stuff all the time because it's quite a vibe. It really was a vibe. It was very stressful on Saturday afternoon because we had flagged it with Amy that it was going to be a lot of work to transform her outdoor entertaining area into Wimbledon. Look, I'm actually quite relieved that her party is finally over because it's been exhausting. And the reason I never wanted Amy to have it at her house is because the poor thing, she ended up having to do a lot of the work herself as well, so she was getting up trying to serve people, giving people drinks, and I just wanted her to sit down and enjoy it, because it's the one day when I think that you should be waited on. Maybe we should have got topless waiters. It might have been easy. Oh, that would have been a much better idea. Yeah, because we did have a pizza van, but they were kind of parked in the corner and we wanted to do a sit down mill as well. In hindsight, it would have been better if it was kind of more mingled and people could go up. But we were slaves to everyone, so if you and I were serving pizza, serving drinks with the hostesses the most asses. I want to give a tip for anyone who's planning a Hen's party. You might have seen on TikTok or on Instagram the people are printing off really colorful place mats, kind of that wavy desire. So I ordered the template off Etsy and then custom made it to suit Amy's theme and they were a hit. So I included the games on there. I had the menu on there. You only then have to print one thing off and they looked really good. Yeah. Can that be manipulated for yours? Or do I need to get another template? I might be a bit of a henzilla. I might want a different template. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh, you guys a bit about it later.
Speaker 1: Sky Wheatley has revealed she recently underwent a vaginal tightening procedure. Now. The former Big Brother star openly discussed her decision on her Instagram story to her six hundred and twenty five thousand followers. She also didn't mind talking about it in front of her two young sons, who were sitting in the cart while she was filming the stories. I did notice that she avoided using the term vaginal tightening, so she wrote that term on the screen instead. She didn't mind, though, talking out loud about her boyfriend Lockie Ware's opinion on her vagina, so she said that he didn't have any complaints about it. I feel like I need to throw to a clip to give this justice. Not that luck you had any complaints that I always ask him. I'm like babe, what's a feeling like? You feel good? And he's like, yeah, babe, nothing to worry about.
Speaker 2: But I'm just I just really wanted to try the treatment, and I I would highly recommend.
Speaker 1: This is why Sky Wheatley remains uncancellable. These types of conversations that you never expect to hear out loud from other people is why people keep tuning in to her content. I think it's a conversation that a lot of women who have had children could relate to, saying, oh, is everything the same? Does it feel the same for you? It does concern me a little bit that we're having this conversation in the sense that it puts a lot of pressure on women. And there is all this discussion about bouncing back and the way you look, and now we're putting pressure on people to feel as tight as they did before having kids. That's the thing. I didn't even know that this was a thing. I've always heard people speaking about keegel exercises, but but I didn't know that people were genuinely going out there and getting vaginal tightening procedures. Like, absolutely, no shame if that's what someone wants to do to feel better and more confident about themselves. But as you said, Kate, I just feel uncomfortable if this becomes some sort of default thing that women feel like they need to do after having a child, and particularly to impress a male partner as well. It reminds me of those guys who give a bit of a wink to the nurse and say, oh, yeah, add a few more stitches in there after their wife's just given birth. It's so gross, Yeah, it really is. The whole thing with the kids in the car added an extra element of awkwardness because while they didn't seem to understand what Sky was talking about, a lot of publications picked up on this story. So in front of her kids, Sky was talking about how the treatment can help with vaginal dryness and also sexual pleasure, and it was pretty funny because Forrest kept interrupting her and screaming at the camera, and She's like, Oh, this is probably a little bit inappropriate to talk about in front of them. I'll go film another update later on. The optics went great because, as you said, Kate, the media had a screenshot of her in the car with the kids with that sort of headline. Yeah, and all I can think about is when they're older and they go google their mum and dad's name, this story pops up. It's probably a bit too much information for them, lough, it's probably not the worst story that they're going to see about their parents' pop I am very intrigued to know more about this procedure because it was the first time I've ever heard about it, and I noticed that Sky did tag the clinic that she got the procedure done at, so I was wondering if there was some sort of partnership between the two. Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. It reminds me of when she was promoting the Calarium at the start of the year and there was a lot of backlash over her promoting sun beds. I think she sometimes misses the mark, even though this is something that maybe she thinks is helpful to other women. Some of these procedures don't seem to have much scientific basis behind well, this one appears to be a little bit different. So A study published in the International Journal of Women's Dermatology in twenty sixteen stated that sixty seven percent of women who underwent this proceed you just saw improvement in vaginal tightness after a month, while it increased to eighty seven percent after six months, so she might be onto something. And for those who might be wondering about the treatment, it is called former V and essentially what happens is a probe is applied to the vaginal area and it delivers a radio frequency that stimulates tissue regeneration and boost collagen production. So this basically enhances the skin firmness and strength. That sounds really painful and unpleasant. Yeah. I know it's not an actual laser, but so if you and I have both had our face lasered, and I can't imagine having that type of pain in a private area. Sky did liken the procedure to the feeling of getting a perhaps mean She said, while it was uncomfortable, it wasn't painful. But you know when people say that and then you go in and get this thing done and it ends up being excruciating. Yeah, I feel like everyone has a different pain threshold. The thing that I just sort of laugh about when I think about this is I can't really see men being like, oh, I'm going to do this to make sure my partner likes I'm gonna spend all this money and do something incredibly uncomfortable and all, which just so my wife likes it. What about the guys that get penis enlargements. I wouldn't think that would be incredibly painful. Yeah, but I don't think that there's tons of guys getting penis enlargement. No, true. I mean some guys do get vaseectomes after they've had children. I think that's a little bit different because it's not cosmetic or aimed at the other person's pleasure. With a vasectomy, that's a decision that the couple has made together because they don't want to have any more children. It does benefit women who have been given the mental load of thinking about contraception though. Yeah, that's true. I suppose they're doing something all right, then I.
Speaker 2: Just love that.
Speaker 1: Another week, another TikTok theory that categorizes which generation you hail from. So last week it was all about whether you wear invisible socks or longer socks pulled up to your calf. Sophie, what are you? I'm, of course team invisible socks. I'm a millennial. I have grown up wearing invisible socks and thinking that it's embarrassing if you see your socks poking out from your shoes. We did used to wear knee high socks at school, so I don't know if that's just put you off the whole socks being visible.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Amy actually bought me a pair of the cool higher socks for her hen's party, and I was gonna put them on, but then I remembered someone saying that when you wear the higher socks, it makes your legs look stumpier because it cuts you off at a certain angle, and as somebody has quite large carbs, I didn't want to take the risk for something as important as a hen's party. I'll see I wore them. I was like, fuck this, I'm gonna look like a gen Zea with my higher socks. UF. I actually quite liked the look. Yeah. Now, what is this new TikTok theory? Though? Well, this week it's all about your response to someone quitting their job. So a TikToker called Samantha She who has sixty thousand followers. She came up with a theory that your reaction to someone resigning reveals a difference in your generation. So, before we get into the theory, how would you react if your friend told you they were quitting their job. I think I would react with positivity because generally I'm finding that my friends acquitting their job to go on and do their own thing, whether it's their own business or become a freelancer. And I think a lot of us millennials and Gen Zettas don't want to be weighed down by working for someone else. So often it's because someone's going off to do their own thing. So I'm always like, that's fantastic, that's great, I mean, very encouraging of that. Well, Sophie, I'm happy to say you pass the test for your generation. So the theory is that Gen x's and boomers react with concern and trepidation, whereas millennials and Gen Zettas respond positively. Let's throw to what Samantha said.
Speaker 2: The difference between the generations is like every time that I tell someone who's over I don't know forty, that I left my job, they're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, what are you going to do?
Speaker 2: Like you don't have a giant job lined up? Like aren't you nervous? Like don't you have to pay? And then whenever I tells someone that is like I don't know, twenties or early thirties, they're like sleep clean, congratulations less go celebrate. You're the best, You're the barm You're an icon.
Speaker 1: I think social media plays a big part in this, because you see influences online earning big bucks for going against the nine to five trend. And I think a lot of young people dream about working for themselves and having that work life balance of flexibility. I think a lot of young people become disillusioned when they do finally get a nine to five job because they're like, is this it? Like this is shit. You're just gonna eat an onion like an apple. This is what she does people. She eats veggies like apple. Kim Kardashian's ten year old daughter at Northwest has shocked viewers by eating a raw onion like an apple on a recent episode of The Kardashians. When I saw this, all I could think about was that scene in Sign Fell when George Gastanza mistakens an onion for an apple and just quiets into it all. The difference here is that north didn't make a mistake. According to Kim, she eats a lot of different vegetables like apple. I love that Kim said that with such conviction, and she didn't acknowledge the fact that eating a vegetable like an onion is very strange because most people can't even handle cutting up an onion without crying, but actually biting into it and having the smell and the scent. How could you eat that? Yeah, it's not something that you really meant to eat raw. Like I don't know, some people have a little bit of raw onion and salad. It's a difference between having a red onion though. I feel like you can eat a red onion raw, but not a white one. Well, red onion's more of a salad onion. It's pretty funny because Reese's dad, everyone gives him shit because he eats a lot of strange vegetable. So for lunch he'll have like a plate with turnips and radishes on it, and he will have a vinegar on it. It must be a particular craving for some people. Maybe that maybe North is missing something out in her die. Oh. I don't think that this is about her enjoying the taste at all. I think that this is purely for shock value. I think that she is trying to desperately get her parents' attention. I mean, maybe it's because Kim and Karnie are going through a divorce and sort of acting out like this and doing something strange is a way for them to focus on her because I can imagine both of them having incredibly busy careers, and you know, I mean, Kim Kardashian does get accused of being quite self centered sometime. Maybe it's a cry for help, particularly when they do have a private chef that could make her anything that she wants to eat, Like why would you choose to eat a raw onion? Well, we saw in this episode that she was desperate to make her own sushi with Kim, and Kim's like, oh, let's maybe get the private chef out to help, but she's like, no, Mom, we're doing this ourselves. It's just bizarre because for them, they clearly want to do it. Yeah, they also paid out Kendall Jenna when because North was cutting up a cucumber and she was saying that she's ambidextrous and can do it with both hands, and she's like, oh, Kim's like, maybe we should FaceTime Auntie Kendall. Well, everyone's saying that North deserves her own show, and I think that when she's older, they could definitely be onto something. Yeah, well, I remember when she was first born and Cant was very protective and he didn't want her appearing on The cut Ashian Show. So it's really come full circle where the kids are starting to play a bit of a main role. I did see Penelope was giving Scott Distick advice on his dating and saying that he shouldn't be dating teenagers and they're so sassy, like North is literally a mini Kanye. She sounds so much like him it's crazy. Well, they're only about around ten, in saying that though they have grown up in a very adult environment with cameras around them, a lot of older people and influences, so you can see why they've grown up a lot faster than other children. Yeah, definitely, I did like this episode because Kim actually opened up about the struggles that she has with parenting, and she said that North is really special and smart and creative and definitely beats to her own drum, like her personality is really really silly, and then she went on to say that Courtney always says that North is Kim's lesson on this planet, and when she was asked to elaborate on that, she said that North teaches her patience and a lot about life. And Kim was talking about North that had this massive meltdown and was refusing to get in the car and wanted all this private time with Kim and doesn't talk to her little siblings. And I was like, I'm loving this. I'm loving seeing this side of the Kardashian family that we don't normally get to look in at. You're talking about the bullshit details because it's all your egotistical, selfish mind can think about. It's being reported that Courtney Kardashian has given birth to a baby boy. It is her fourth child and first with her husband Travis Barker. Now, can you remember a couple of months ago, back in June, she announced her pregnancy in the most iconic way. She was holding up a poster at Travis Barker's Blink One Night two concert with a sign saying I'm pregnant. Yeah, And this was after a lot of IVF attempts. The couple did confirm that they actually naturally conceived this child. And it's pretty scary because only in September, Courtney shared with her followers that she had undergone am urgency fetal surgery and confirmed doctors had saved her baby's life. It feels like this is the longest pregnancy ever. It shouldn't feel that way because when they announced it, she was like four months pregnant already. Yeah, she was pretty along the way. I think it's because a lot has happened within the pregnancy. It's not just been smooth sailing, and it's pretty unprecedented. Because Travis confirmed his soon to be son's name back in July, so in an interview he said that they're going to call their son Rocky thirteen because it'd been in his head recently. So the name Rocky comes from musician Rocky George, who played guitar for Suicidal Tendencies, and Travis also took inspiration from the Rocky movies, which was my first thought when I saw the name. Wow, it does suit their vibe because obviously going for that very grungy rocker vibe. Yeah, the inclusion of thirteen is because Travis said it is the greatest number of all time. Maybe he's a bit of a swifty. Is Courtney any saying the name or is it all what Travis wants? It does seem like it's all what Travis wants. It's pretty funny though, because his daughter Alabama said that she wasn't a fan of the name at the time and she labeled it so bad. It appears though, it has been growing on her because in a recent interview she said it's a cool name. We all have very authentic, weird names. The name isn't very Courtney because her other children do have quite normal names. So she's got a son called Mason and Penelope. Her other son is called Rain, so that is a bit more unusual. But I don't know if Rocky sort of goes with the flow of these names. Yeah, but back when Mason was born, because he's thirteen now, I don't think it was a very common name. I think a lot of people have copied it from Courtney. Yeah, well, it became a very on trend name. Everyone was calling their child Mason. I wonder if we're going to see Rocky popping up as one of those names, whether there will be any impact out of Rockies. I don't think so. I don't think Courtney has as much of a pool anymore. Travis's children are called Alabama and Lamb, so I think Rocky fits more in with his vibe, and I think he's really pushing it. I'll be interested to see if they actually do announce this as the name, because Travis has been talking about it for so long. But the Kardashians are known for changing their mind at the times rate.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm happy.
Speaker 1: I've got two kids, swell one kid to one and aware. So yeah, we're gonna got Manchester. We're going to buy the ring.
Speaker 2: I'm much a little bit nervous.
Speaker 1: Former Jeordie Shaw star Gary Beadle has announced his shock split from wife Emma McVeigh, just two years after tying the knot. The news comes as his former flame and co star Charlotte Crosby announced her engagement Sophie. I have not been across this. What has been going on? Well. Gary announced the end of his marriage in a very odd way. It was all very casual during an Instagram Q and a. So the follower asked him if the couple were still together, and this was after there was a bit of speculation because they hadn't been posting about one another for a couple of weeks. So Gary said, hey, no, we actually separate about three weeks ago. We are still friends. There is no bad blood or anything. We have worked out the best way of doing it for the kids, which for me and Emma is always going to be the most important thing. We both deserve to be happy as well as being parents. It's quite premature to announce it after a three weeks separation, particularly when you have kids. They must know for sure that there is no path of reconciliation. Yeah. I was very surprised that he announced it in this way because we have been seeing a lot of celebrities and influencers utilizing pr agencies to put out these perfectly curated pr statements when they break up, and most of the time, you know, they say, oh, we're going to be great friends, and you know, this is a great decision for the two of us. But this feels very weird because Emma hadn't said anything yet. It wasn't coming from both of them, it was just coming from Gary. Yeah. It almost seems like he's jumped the gun to try and get his point of view out there before she says anything. Yeah, And it's not as though Emma doesn't have her own platform. So when Gary and Emma met, she was a model and she has grown her following obviously through her association with him, So she has over eight hundred thousand followers, and she was allegedly left blindsided by the very casual tone of his breakup announcement. So she finally did break her silence, sharing a mirror selfie where you could visibly see she was still wearing her wedding pants. Wow, and she wrote, it's been really hard for me and the kids to be separated. There's been a lot of crying on FaceTime, which really breaks my heart. I've been numb and focusing on my children while still trying to work. I've honestly not known what to say. I'm hoping this will get easier in time. Sending so much love to anyone going through something similar, and thank you so much to everyone who has been checking in on me. That, to me makes it clear that it wasn't Emma who made this decision, and it seems like she's pretty shocked that Gary has even touched on it, because, as I said earlier, three weeks isn't very long too make an announcement like this when children are involved. Well, for those who haven't actually seen Jordie Shaw before, what are you doing with your life? You need to rectify this immediately. But for those who don't know who Gary is. He was on the show and he was touted as being this huge player. Yeah. He was known for his big parsnip as well. Yeah, and he would practically be bringing a new go home every night. And a big part of the show was his on again, off again relationship with his co star Charlotte Crosby, and she was a fan favorite. Everyone really wanted to see them sort their shit out and get together properly. Yeah, because while Gary was a player, there was a side to him that was likable. And even though he treated Charlotte like shit for so many seasons, there was a point where they got together for a little bit and it was really good. And then of course he ended up breaking her heart. She had an ep topic pregnancy with him.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The saddest bit about that story is that when Charlotte was rushed to hospital and she almost lost her life, like this was a serious thing. So Gary was off filming X on the Beach and known to Charlotte, Gary slept with his ex on the show, So she was going through the heartbreak of losing a child and then also losing her partner, and he just wasn't there for her through any of this. Yeah, Charlotte has spoken a lot about this traumatic experience on her podcast in interviews, and it's clear just how painful this whole thing was for her because it seemed like Gary wasn't really there for her at all. Yeah. Well, particularly because very shortly after Charlotte and Gary parted ways, Gary started dating Emma and everyone thought it was a bit too soon. I didn't realize this, but Gary was on Hell's Kitchen, which was being filmed in Australia, so he brought Emma out to be with him whilst he was filming for this show, and apparently she was pretty upset because he was filming for fifteen hours a day and they really didn't spend any time together. And once they returned home from Australia, Gary went straight back to filming Jordie Show and he allegedly broke up with Emma over text message wilst he was in the house. God, it seems like such a nice guy, no, And at the time, Emma slammed Gary on Twitter saying that he cheated on her, and she told the media that she was contacted by multiple people on Twitter who accused Gary of flirting with other women whilst he was filming on Jordie Show. Now, apparently she'd never watched the show before, so she hadn't seen him in action. So I don't believe that. I don't believe that you start dating someone that's famous from a TV show and you don't do a sneaky little look into what they've been acting like on the show. Yeah, it was quite embarrassing because they ended up getting back together and she spoke to the media about it and she said that she blamed her hormones as she had discovered that she was pregnant whilst Gary was filming on the show. So they did reconcile shortly after filming wrapped in August twenty seventeen, and then announced the baby news publicly. Well that's just awkward because it seems like they only got back together for this baby. Yeah. Well, a lot of Jordi Shaw fans weren't happy about the news. They were quite shocked because they did appear on a lot of front pages, all these pregnancy spreads. But in saying that becoming a dad for Gary, he really did turn his life around because he stopped partying and he really seemed to mature and even watching his social media of recent years, he comes across as a really devoted dad. Yeah, well he might have something to do with him turning thirty and actually growing. Well, he's thirty five now. Yeah, it's crazy to think that his son Chester is now six and his daughter Primrose is four. I actually really like those names. Yeah, they are cute names. Now. I only want to bring this up because I think it's quite interesting now that they've separated, because they did get engaged in twenty nineteen and they tied the knot in twenty twenty one, but they did postpone their wedding. Now, they claimed it was because their daughter was hospitalized and there was a lot of stress around that. But I wonder if Gary got cold feet. Yeah, that's definitely not a good sign at the time. Gary said, the last three or four months, it's been so hard to even think about the wedding. I think it's important to have kids before you get married, because getting married is easy. It's just a label. Now, they haven't been any cheating rumors as of yet. I'm waiting for those. Yeah, I'm definitely waiting for them. I do wonder if it has something to do with the fact that the couple has had an incredibly stressful year, so Emma has been navigating some really serious health conditions. So right before the couple's wedding, Emma found out that she had three holes in her heart and doctors told her that she couldn't have any more children unless she had the surgery. And then following the surgery, she suffered a collapsed lung, and then months later she was also diagnosed with inflammatory bow disease. So there's been a lot of serious things going on in this family's life, and I can't help but feel really sorry for her now going through a divorce having two young kids. That's just dreadful. There is speculation that Gary and Emma are preparing to sell their mansion at the moment. So they have this incredible three story mansion which they've been renovating for a number of years now in Leeds, and they both want to move out so that they can have fresh starts now. Sources told UK tabloids that the house is going on the market even though they've spent years perfecting it and you know, building everything customs so it's suited to what they wanted. You do hear that a lot these couples spending so much time and money to make the house exactly what they want, and then they end up breaking up or even recently with Leah asenas she built her dream house in Adelaide and they get the bug for it and want to go do it again. Yeah, it's quite interesting because in a now deleted Instagram story, Gary said that he is on the hunt for somewhere within an hour's drive of Leeds, but he admitted that his home city of Newcastle was too far for him to travel back and forwards to see his children. I just found it interesting that it was deleted because, as you said, Kate, they've only been separated for three weeks, and then you know, adding in actually having to take the next step and lock in a house, it all seems very permanent. Yeah, it makes me think this has been brewing for quite a long time and they've made the official move to actually move away from each other. It's really awkward timing because Charlotte Crosby has just announced her engagement to her boyfriend and baby daddy Jake. Look, I don't think it's awkward. They haven't been an item for years and years. There's no way Charlotte would consider getting back with him now that he is single. Either. That's not why I'm saying it's awkward. I just think it's awkward timing that they're both coming out with these huge life announcements. And for Charlotte, she probably feels somewhat vindicated in that she's been watching Gary have this seemingly perfect life. He's building this mansion with his model girlfriend, and they've got these cute kids together, and he turned his life all around for her. But clearly there's been other things brewing in the background, and Charlotte did speak about how watching Gary go on and have kids with someone else was really tough for her. So I guess I'm just happy that she's been able to move on and create her own family with someone else who seems to actually really value her.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, when I saw this announcement, I was really happy for Charlotte, but I thought they were already engaged. Now they've only been together for two years. They did meet though, in twenty fifteen through mutual friends. The engagement was very cute. He had set up these red roses that were in a heart shape, and Charlotte wrote on her Instagram that she's the happiest woman in the world and said yes, yes, yes, you are my best friend and you are my life. I was surprised to learn that their daughter is already one year's old. Time is absolutely flying. The ring is very unique. It has five diamonds that make her Marquez shape. It was nice to see a ring that's not just your typical oval shaped diamond out there. I am very intrigued to see if more details about this divorce emerge. Surely someone's going to start speaking to the media. Well, we're gonna leave things there, but we do have an exciting subs episode ready to go on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's called Spill Your Guts or Fill Your Guts, So we're gonna be answering some juicy questions that listeners have sent in and having a look at them. I'm already feeling a bit nervous about how this is going to go down. Yeah, we did set up at NGL think it seemed like a bit of a throwback, but I thought some people might like to be anonymous. This podcast was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Plains. We pay respect to elders past and present,