Speaker 1: Melbourne, Christian Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Let's Go Showtime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I worried about you, mate, I thought so, but it's still playing away somewhere in the back of my head.
Speaker 4: And mister and the guy.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Melvin's Gold one of four point three.
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning everyone, Welcome to Friday Show God one of four point three, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, Jack Post.
Speaker 3: Good morning Christian O'Connell, And welcome back Patrina Jones.
Speaker 4: Ah, too little, too late, Jack. Where have you been for the past?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: I don't know week.
Speaker 2: What you've had? No sort of not how are you doing?
Speaker 4: Not a single text?
Speaker 5: He is the smiling, drink the eyes, stick a knife in any of our backs, yep.
Speaker 3: I did not want to disturb if summer let me see if someone is seek they have the do not disturb sign on their door. I don't want to be inundating you with the blue light exposure from your phone. That's the last thing you.
Speaker 2: Need, Patsy, did you hear anything from me? Every day?
Speaker 7: Christian was checking in on a regular basis, Jack about every twenty minutes.
Speaker 5: Having a bad back, and every time I picked up that phone a vertebrae.
Speaker 3: Would cry heavy. Yes, he has been wincing pads every time he like, every time he laughs or turns to point to something.
Speaker 5: This morning there were less noises, but still getting because I can't drive at the moment.
Speaker 2: Brad's car.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 5: It takes about five minutes of noises getting in And the worst one I dread is arriving at work because I know the noises start again.
Speaker 2: What's been up with you? Your poor thing?
Speaker 5: That party round a mind last Saturday has wiped this show out.
Speaker 4: I would never be invited to anything as long as I live again.
Speaker 5: Well, you and Chris are an awesome party couple. Your husband needs to be hired out as a party.
Speaker 3: He was in his element and it didn't take long. No Christian was saying, we've got to get Chris to Frank the tank status by the end of the.
Speaker 5: Night minutes about an hour and a half in, I think just about sort of. And after two hours in I went to that little sort of where the washing machine is slash where the booze was kept, the utility sort of room. Yeah, and where all the booze was, and I saw your your husband Chris lurking around there.
Speaker 2: Oh what was he?
Speaker 5: And he goes Christian and you want to join us in a zambuka like it was his bar, And I was just coming to get the zambokas for everybody else.
Speaker 2: Bottle very light, it's empty.
Speaker 5: Him and another one of my mates that he's obviously befriended, my mate, Brett, who was dressed supposed to be Michael Hutchins but did not look like anything like Michael Hutchins. But anyway, they polished off between them a bottle of zambuka.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: They are a dangerous pair, those two.
Speaker 5: So we cracked up in another bottle, and then my wife found us. She was like, you need to come and share it with everybody else, but your husband. Once he's had that zambouka.
Speaker 4: He's not good with the spirits.
Speaker 2: Never say I think he's awesome.
Speaker 7: He goes from zero to a million very quickly after just one shot.
Speaker 3: He honestly made the laundry his home base. He set up camp there and then as people floated by it, he would pull them in, make them do shots, and then let them go free into the party.
Speaker 2: Is he always like that? At a party. Yes, he's he was awesome. You should hire him out.
Speaker 4: I'd like to hire him.
Speaker 2: And if we party needs someone like Chris.
Speaker 5: There at one moment he took his jacket off to really take the beer bong stuff, seriously, rolling up.
Speaker 3: The sleeves, pushing the glasses on the bridge of the night.
Speaker 5: This is very serious business I'm now in charge of. And there was always that kid in every school year that was confident and just attracted people.
Speaker 2: Yes, Chris is that.
Speaker 5: And then he's had like an assistant, didn't they a henchman and my mate Brett felt it was all of them.
Speaker 2: Chris but fell.
Speaker 5: Into line as his assistant for the How was his hangover? Because he was in it. It was a bit emotional time like I was at the.
Speaker 2: End of the night.
Speaker 4: Hey, he doesn't remember march on the way home.
Speaker 2: Of course, look keep that for after seven o'clock about what.
Speaker 4: But he's still suffering, you know, he's still a bit sore and bruised.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think everybody is the impact of the show that party the weekend. Well, listen, welcome back, Pats. It's great.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold One O four point three.
Speaker 5: Yesterday we had to go to a place that is a paradise if you have kids or a couple of kids.
Speaker 2: This place is good.
Speaker 3: If you meant to a cost co, yes, no, because you have to have a special membership, don't you. Oh you duck.
Speaker 2: It's quite easy to get hold of.
Speaker 3: Well, well, that makes it sound like you get it on the black market.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, very easy to get on they are, they are. It's a mega warehouse of discount crazy. You could get enough lou roll there at sort of dirt cheap price is to see you through the rest of your life.
Speaker 3: But why do you need so much bulk islands?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you why.
Speaker 5: One if you've got a family, right and you got kids, it's great because you save a lot of money. You can bolt buy stuff and shove it in your garage or we brought a load of stuff yesterday shove it in the freezer.
Speaker 3: Actually, there's no way a car is going in there anytime.
Speaker 5: It's not that how bad. It's like you know that Hordes show. It's got a lot of stuff that we just don't know what to do with it. Brought over from pomy Land when we moved here and plus just a load of Now all the leftover booze is now there from the party.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he bought enough to start. You're going to have hosted school at your house.
Speaker 5: So the real reason we went to Costco yesterday was because obviously we've got our party this weekend, another family member party, as another young lady in my household turns thirteen tomorrow, and so we want to get a load of slacks and soft drinks for the count them. Think of me tomorrow evening. Think of me Melbourne tomorrow evening. One hundred, one hundred thirteen and fourteen year old boys and girls. The rssel that we've hired wrung me two days ago and said, hey, listen, we're out. We please say that, please please cancel. She said, hey, listen, just you know, as you know, we really do need you to keep an eye on everyone there. We had an incident at a thirteen year old party two weeks ago. One of the boys punched a hole in the wall. We can't have that.
Speaker 3: How do you wrangle one hundred kids even if you have.
Speaker 5: Yes, So this is really the same with all ourselves, they said to us when we said, look, it might be out to one hundred kids. It's a joint birthday party. They said, you need to have an adult for every ten kids. She can just to stop because kids could get out of hand. Anything could happen, and you're in charge of them, and you know it's your responsibility and all that. So we have We've drafted in ten of the parents whose kids are going and get to it tomorrow. However, I know what some parents like. They're just buger off outside and start having a couple of drinks. My wife has told me, right, I'm not to drink. I am and these are her words. To patrol the area.
Speaker 3: Because your really you're the general of the other parents, so you should be giving them the pep talk and the g up about what has to happen on them.
Speaker 2: Well, one of the other dads you met was Michael Hutchins.
Speaker 5: You know, Chris is a henchman on Saturday, right Brett, his daughter is low It was his best mate joint both way. So it's me and him are the main patrolling dads. And I'm serious, do you think this is over the talk right? I'm seriously thinking that both of us having like flashlights like tortures to shine into the corners to stop anyone who's making out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, i'd have walkie talkies.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, it's a tiny oscar Oscar.
Speaker 4: We have an escapee in the northern corner.
Speaker 2: Big Beaver's on the move. May maybe a better the coctain than that. Actually walky talk.
Speaker 4: I would know. Those thirteen year olds can.
Speaker 2: Be like I have to say, I'm actually really nervous. How raucous do you think it's You think it's just going to be.
Speaker 3: Well, they can overpower you, that's yeah, well enough of them. You're stronger than one on one, but.
Speaker 2: Ten on one can I can?
Speaker 5: I can I defend myself against a rampaging more of a thirteen all those hormones. Plus there's the room I've told you about, this room at the side out the back that lowest has said that no parents are allowed to go into, which is basically the makeout room.
Speaker 3: So how many kids are allowing there at once? I don't know.
Speaker 7: We have to have a certain number at a time, only like five at a time.
Speaker 2: You can't wall in there brides a NodD number who's watching?
Speaker 5: That's the story my teenagers paired up. You know, you know we used to do that teacher to go pair up, and the teacher.
Speaker 1: Would Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one of four point three just now.
Speaker 5: Then we were talking about general at school. Sometimes if you were any teacher, when everybody pair up and you weren't quick enough, you'd be you'd be the person left alone. You'd have to pair up with the teacher. Then Jack just drops this bed of But I didn't know this. You had ballroom dancing lessons at school.
Speaker 3: At the end in primary school, at the end of every year there would be a dance at the local town hall and you would have to do weeks of bourroom dance training is an Australian white thing. I guess I thought.
Speaker 4: We did bush dancing.
Speaker 2: That sounds like someone else, Paul or something.
Speaker 4: You know, dosey dough about your partner. You go from Arkansas, grew up in country Victoria though.
Speaker 2: Of course. Yeah, so you did push dancing.
Speaker 5: Jackie boy here obviously a city slicker and in boreroom dancing and.
Speaker 3: It would happen where you had to So you had to ask a partner to dance with you. And if the class size was uneven and you were the kid who didn't get a partner, you'd either have to dance with the teacher or in dance with the invisible man. Just put your hand out to one side like it teas out and mos around while danloor.
Speaker 4: And you would have been all legs and lanky.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 3: Oh, such a short kid. Oh my god. I doubled in height in the last year of high school. I had such a late onset puberty. It's not funny. And I shot up. I doubled in height. Yeah, really I was. I was always the shortest person on basketball team, volleyball team. Yeah.
Speaker 5: If this was an eighties teen movie, it's the last day of the year, you suddenly.
Speaker 2: Doubled your height.
Speaker 5: What the hell happened? And in fact the movie is called What Happened to Jack? All Right, New headlines on the Way, And then we got Bob back every Friday wears his head out.
Speaker 1: The Christian old breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Where where.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: It's that time on Friday show every Friday. Be part of the show. It's a listener. Bob.
Speaker 5: He has this condition where every morning he wakes up he's got a brand new earworm, a song stuck in his head.
Speaker 2: It gives you the clues. You got to work out what the song is this morning?
Speaker 5: Is next to little Bonus. We'll give you two hundred bucks. First person that guess is a song?
Speaker 2: Right? Good to the bow Gownier state yarra valni.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Bob, Good morning Christian. Did I hear you right? I get two hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can have the two hundred dollars Bob if you want. You want to go to the bou Gownier straight yarra vanni. Producers there looking face and going is he serious?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 9: That's all good. Listen mate, Given the total habit that ensued from your party, can I suggest that you tone it down next year?
Speaker 2: You're right, Dad, You're right.
Speaker 9: And late to the party for Jackie is it's far far better to realize you don't want a taddoo before you get it.
Speaker 3: Yes, well that's what I realized is when I started talking to my wife about how expensive laser is and if laser removing it works, I was like, maybe I just shouldn't get it cut.
Speaker 9: To look good decision and a stardy revocal. Or maybe in a couple of years you might think, yeah, I do want it and then you can get it there.
Speaker 2: That's right, So sage advice coming from you today. Thank you for it.
Speaker 9: I have nine tattoos, and I waited at least six to eight months in between getting one and thought about it very carefully.
Speaker 2: What kind of tattoos have you got, Bob?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 9: Well, a whole bunch of different ones. My favorite is on my left arm, which is over a scar created by a chainsaw. And it is the actual chainsaw tattoos over the scar with the words still.
Speaker 2: Working, Bob. That is brilliant.
Speaker 5: Do you know what next week on the show, let's get callers. If you've got a scar, calling and tell us how did you get the scar?
Speaker 2: We do it? Called it scar Wars.
Speaker 5: Bob, you can kick it off, all right, Bobby boy? Roster song in your head today?
Speaker 9: Okay, Well, for the name of the scene, and this is a song released in seventy five, but the clue for the singer is totally earned and well the song is this could happen if you had slippery sapey hands.
Speaker 2: The clues once more.
Speaker 5: Hello, Yes, we're here Monday to Friday six to ten, best off of the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the clues again. Please Bob.
Speaker 9: Okay. For the singer, he's totally earned.
Speaker 8: And for the.
Speaker 9: Song, is could happen if you had soapy hands.
Speaker 2: Tough, tough, tough this morning, Bob.
Speaker 9: Well, I always think they are reasonably hard, but people ring up and say no, it's too easy.
Speaker 2: You're quite right they do. We've got smart people listening, all right, Boss, you right to stay there, Bob.
Speaker 9: I'm writing here mate, going.
Speaker 5: Away, still working ninety four one four one four three. Give us a call if you think you know what the song is.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Time now to go back inside the mind of listener Bob, where every Friday we catch up with listener Bob. We find out what is his current earworm in his head. He gives you the clues. You've got to work out what the song is, Tough one this morning, Bob. Welcome back, Hello, Hello Bob. The clues again, please, sir.
Speaker 9: Okay for the singer, it's totally earned. And for the song, this could happen if you had sapey hands.
Speaker 5: Now we're just established tell a surprise. We get a surprise of Bob every week. He's a man of tattoos as well. He's got ink he's an inked man, and he told us about one where a chainsaw chewed up his arm. Well, give us another example of one of you other tattoos.
Speaker 1: I'm curious, Bob, um and the others are somewhat boring.
Speaker 9: On my right leg I have the McFarland family crest, which I also bought the two of my sons when they turned ad. So three of us are wearing that on our right carves.
Speaker 2: Really your family crest.
Speaker 9: Yes, it's McFarland is my name, and our crest is this ile defend holding a sword and point me during the clown of Scotland.
Speaker 5: Ah, yes, McFarlane and a Celtic surname there, Bob. All right, Bob, nice to know. All right, Uh, that's fine. Let's get some song guesses now. Steve heard the clues from Bob Daniel. Good morning, morning, Good morning, Daniel, welcome to the show. What do you think the song is? In Bob's head?
Speaker 9: Bon jovis scrippery when wet, that's a foot bold, I'm afraid.
Speaker 5: And sport every week. Well, I'm nicely done, Bob. Tough luck, Daniel, have a nice weekend. Let's go to Andrew, Good morning, morning.
Speaker 2: And happy Friday you with Bob.
Speaker 12: I go well, thanks Simon and go bug flip flight and the way.
Speaker 9: Oh that's close, but the umpirus called it a double folse.
Speaker 2: Andrew, tough luck. Have a good weekend, mate, thanks for calling.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Let's go to John. Good morning John, Good morning, Cusion, Good morning John.
Speaker 5: I have you well John, meet Bob, Bob meet John John.
Speaker 2: Does it mean this John sound like Bob's long last brother?
Speaker 3: Are you a McFarland, John, to this fair Isle.
Speaker 13: So we may be relatives?
Speaker 8: Alrighty, what's your last name McKinnon?
Speaker 9: McKinnon, Well, we're both from the same part of the world traditionally anyway. I mean, I'm a hoy And and I'm half German, so you know my mcfarl my McFarland. Heritage is just in the name more.
Speaker 2: Than anything when they ask about the ex my fault this one? All right? Then back to the radio show and John, what's the song? Guess?
Speaker 13: Well, I think totally is maximum, which can be shortened to max when something is earned, that's merited, So that is the max merit. And if you've got to say behns something can be slipping away that my.
Speaker 9: Friend is a two hundred and twenty seven kilometer ace.
Speaker 8: Well done.
Speaker 2: Never heard of this song?
Speaker 9: You haven't heard of this song?
Speaker 2: No promise you, Bob, never heard this song?
Speaker 10: Well let me let me urge you.
Speaker 14: To listen to him.
Speaker 9: It's that brilliant ballad.
Speaker 2: Would you you? Slipping away? Does sound nice? So the kind of Harry Nilson kind of quality to it?
Speaker 9: Okay. Max Merritt is in New Zealander, born in Christchurch and he hit the stage big over here in Australia. Maybe you didn't get it in England. I don't know, but it was a big song when it came out.
Speaker 2: Gotcha all right? Well done Johnny?
Speaker 5: Why you got the two hundred dollars to spend at the bow Gowney Estate, Yarraw Valley?
Speaker 2: Well done?
Speaker 13: Thank you very much, Christian, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Very much, son of Bob. Bob would catch up next Friday, my friend, have a good weekend.
Speaker 9: I will, and thanks again mate, Bye bye.
Speaker 2: Bye, my friend.
Speaker 1: McFarland The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 5: So I just asked who likes to drink milk? Christian My brother is forty two. He's drunk a full pint of full fat milk every night before bed since as long as I remember. He's six foot four seventeen stone. He loves his milk. Christian, I love milk. It's my job. This comes from Jackie Ramsey. I'm a sensory panelist for a big dairy company here in Melbourne. Mostly every day we taste flavored milks, yogurt and desserts, but plain milk as well.
Speaker 2: Do you know what is great chocolate milk?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The best milkshake? Can we agree? Is chocolate milk shake?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Definitely?
Speaker 2: Yeah, always hands down?
Speaker 5: All right, Dan Christian, my fiance loves drinking chocolate milk. Me too, morning folks, water is my drink of choice, but I really love a good chocolate milkshake.
Speaker 2: That's Vicki Christian.
Speaker 5: When I wake up, I crave milk like other people crave coffee.
Speaker 2: That's some Justine and box Hill. Who is craving milk in the morning?
Speaker 5: Justine Christian, I can't call him, but I drink full cream milk. Maybe it's a Dutch thing. You're right, Jack has Dutch blood in him.
Speaker 2: Let's go to a.
Speaker 5: Christian on the line, come on him morning, I'm good, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: So you like drinking milk?
Speaker 11: They might.
Speaker 2: You should do the advert with Jackie Boy. Here you two milk brothers.
Speaker 11: Oh good, good? Yeah sure?
Speaker 2: And so is there a Facebook group I hear that you're a member of.
Speaker 11: There is.
Speaker 6: It's called Blokes and Their Milks?
Speaker 11: Literally a Facebook group dedicated to people who love milk.
Speaker 5: Do you know we should next week we should talk about what Facebook groups are you a member of. I'm a member of the Melbourne German Shepherd Dog Facebook group as well.
Speaker 6: But what's it called blokes and their Milk?
Speaker 5: And I'm guessing it's just what photos of blokes enjoying milk are talking.
Speaker 11: About milk, It's mainly videos of people sculling milk.
Speaker 2: Jack You've got to do on this week again?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't usually skull I drink at a normal pace, but I guess for the Facebook page, I can make an effort, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Christian, thank you very much for telling us about that. How a good weekend that you too, Sean, good morning morning, Yeah, good Friday, I have you well, hope you had a good week. Shawny boy.
Speaker 2: You know the milk lover.
Speaker 8: Yeah, would drink two letters a day, great drink on earth.
Speaker 4: And wow, yep, that.
Speaker 2: Is so much milk. I mean, have you got others.
Speaker 8: For four boys? So we drink about six letters for twas. But yeah, and all four grade, none of these other rubbish.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's going to be full.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Full creams are best.
Speaker 5: Yeah, full cream is the only one I have Nowadays you go and ask for milk in your coffee or for me child, when they say when I say I want full cream up, they look at you like you're some kind of savage, don't they.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think I'm a rare brand. Still drinking full cream at fifty one and still drinking two laters. And when the boys are in bed, nothing better than drinking straight from the bottle.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 5: And you must get those big o the two sort of four liters, real big sort of one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the big three leaders here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would never have to check the expiration date when you go to the smart because you know it's going to be cleaned off by the end.
Speaker 8: Of the Night's exactly right. Just the wife just constantly going back and forwards.
Speaker 4: Boy Moore, doing your bit for the farmer.
Speaker 2: You need a couple of cows out in the garden, straight from the street, from the tap, we're out of door.
Speaker 8: And so.
Speaker 2: All right, Sean, thank you very much. You cool. You have a great weekend, have a great day, guys. All right, first, finally, get one more in, Freddy Freddy. All right, Hey, Freddy, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Jody.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Hi, are you going?
Speaker 15: It's Jody's not.
Speaker 5: You would have got through to our old elderly producer. Sorry about that, Jody. Welcome to the show at all. Freddy's as well, but Jody's.
Speaker 2: Online right now. So you're a milk lover.
Speaker 15: My husband is. He drinks milk all the time. But when he hung over, smashes like three leaders.
Speaker 3: No wait, I would draw.
Speaker 15: A didn't give anything work.
Speaker 2: Make me gang right now, I'd be sick immediate. It would come straight back up.
Speaker 4: That's just playing milk.
Speaker 15: Yeah, just normal playing milk.
Speaker 10: A great.
Speaker 2: No, I'm going to go now, Jad Thank you very much. You can have a good weekend.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Buy only one thing we've learned from last ten minutes. Men love milk.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Christian o'conl's ten weeks of tickets, sixty million albums, are five UK number one and the greatest lyric free sing along of all time.
Speaker 16: Simple Minds live touring in twenty twenty A Day on.
Speaker 2: The Green Rush Bed Watts.
Speaker 11: And Mike record Arena Pleasure.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 5: All right, simple Minds there giving you the chance to win tickets to a show that isn't here for another twelve months. Simple Minds playing a Day on the Green be amazing.
Speaker 2: You can be there.
Speaker 5: You were three mates that supplies up for grabs this morning as we play once more?
Speaker 2: Do you forget me? Don't you forget about me? Now?
Speaker 5: So far this week Jack and myself have laid down. It's been some powerful acting.
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And that was the term of Patsy And we've heard this pats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what do you think?
Speaker 3: Oh did you not hear our ones?
Speaker 4: Well, no, I was in my deathbed.
Speaker 2: Not that you know you should have because what we did is we mated. Oh what you're doing here is what you just heard at seven thirty. So it's a great read, but it's a little bit on the old wooden side.
Speaker 4: Oh well, splinters can have it all anyway.
Speaker 8: Action.
Speaker 4: Do you remember me?
Speaker 16: Maybe you remember me from the nineteen ninety two comedy musical with a very flimsy comedy premise where.
Speaker 4: I was placed into witness protection in a nuns convent. Comedy did not ensue.
Speaker 7: It also spawned an unnecessary sequel. I don't want to say that work dried up in the two thousands, but I did take some voice acting work in the rug Ruts movie Another Weather.
Speaker 4: Please remember Me?
Speaker 2: Well done?
Speaker 5: Pass is actually very very good. Okay, give us a call now the light I forgot?
Speaker 2: You can see that camera, can't you?
Speaker 4: Yes, very clearly?
Speaker 2: Na one four?
Speaker 1: What now?
Speaker 5: I meant we've only got one set of two? Yeah, right nine four one four one four three. Give us a call if you've got any idea who Patsy was apart from a terrible actress nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 2: No, it's very good.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: This week can take me to Tipic's All about Simple Minds touring next year twenty twenty. Are down the Green Rushold It's November twenty eighth, Margaret Court Arena to some of the first you can find out more at a day on Thegreen dot com dot Au. It's there forty years of hits tour. Go back now to today's Game of Joy.
Speaker 2: You forget about Me? Don't you forget about me?
Speaker 5: Where each morning we are reminiscing as a famous actor or actress about former times. You've got to try and put the clues together, workout how it is today on the Stars of Sea, change has joined us betweena Jones and powerful acting.
Speaker 4: Indeed, do you remember me?
Speaker 16: Maybe you remember me from the nineteen ninety two comedy musical with a very flimsy comedy premise.
Speaker 4: Where I was placed into witness protection in a nuns convent. Comedy did not ensue. It also spawned an unnecessary sequel. I don't want to say that.
Speaker 7: Work dried up in the two thousands, and I did take some voice acting work in the rug Rats movie. Oh Please remember Me.
Speaker 4: On the end of it.
Speaker 2: Janine, Come morning, Janine, Janine.
Speaker 5: Producers Janine, somebody HAILO, there we go, Janina.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you hearing me?
Speaker 12: Hear you?
Speaker 2: Ah? Well, then we found main connection with Janine. Janine. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 12: Welcome, thank you.
Speaker 5: That's right now, Janine you want to try and win these simple Mind tickets for you and three mates.
Speaker 15: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you heard the powerful acting Who do you think it was? Woody Goldberg would be godbug, no messing around.
Speaker 4: I love Goldberg.
Speaker 5: Say that's fantastic, great Janine, He's going to be taken with you to see the brilliant simple Mind next year.
Speaker 10: Oh take my husband and my daughter.
Speaker 5: You all have a great lovely Oh we will awesome, Jannine, Well done, you have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Thanks for calling.
Speaker 12: Thank you very much, love the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Janine.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: So like I just said that in England, England they're just banned in the playground tag which is just chase it.
Speaker 2: They bandit the only one games with soft hands, gentle touch, just don't any rough games that we all grew up with those essentially they're balled down to can we say violence? What do you say is that the right winning run?
Speaker 3: Tumble running tumble?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know they're intense, the kind of natural energy you have.
Speaker 3: As kids, but with every year level that you advanced, they would get more and more more dangerous.
Speaker 5: Yes, and they're fore more enjoyable. And also all people were willing participants. Yes, yeah, yeah, they were the ones we played. It was don't want actually picked on or anything like that. So it's not about that, but it's about the playground games we used to love. I used to just literally couldn't wait for break.
Speaker 2: Could you? Oh you got that old slow.
Speaker 5: Moving clock on the wall thinking please? He was staring out the window praying to be released out there.
Speaker 3: And did you you had school uniform? Did you?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: What do you think we didn't even well, I mean some people have some gentlemen, yes, casual clothes.
Speaker 2: Dirt rose, it's some hot or something of the corner.
Speaker 3: But we would come in from that lunchtime break sweaty, dirty man, like, no way, should you just be the state of.
Speaker 5: Your school shoes. You start a new school year with brand new school shoes. By the end of the week, the toes week, the toes would all be scuffed up and then your knees would start to go through in your your school trousers as well. So what was the school game used to play jack?
Speaker 3: It was called Redemption. Well, this is my favorite of my memories. Redemption was two ball knockout. In basketball, the loser would have to line up against a wall and the everybody who didn't lose would get a chance to throw the ball at the person.
Speaker 2: That's intense.
Speaker 3: The redemption part was they had one more free throw they could take. If they got that in, they didn't have to sit the punishment if they missed. We all jumping with glee because we get to throw the ball at them.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 5: I think the NBA should start to use this into the end of major games. One amazing thing we'd see some of those players work a little bit harder. They thought that the end of a game they were going to get that part.
Speaker 2: See what did you play well?
Speaker 7: I used to sit out because you know, I was polite and petite, but we had British Bulldog.
Speaker 5: When was that obviously a long time ago, you were really you would sit out running through the corridors, crushing some junior into a school and the teachers are getting out the way.
Speaker 2: It's just you know, striding down a corridor. Fist no.
Speaker 7: And we used to play it on the cricket pitch at our Bush Primary School and then it got banned because one of the kids broke their arm. I think it was a bit rough because the boys we're getting a little bit rough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, give us a kill this morning. Then what were the games used to play at school? Nine one four.
Speaker 1: Three Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh.
Speaker 5: Four point three talking about the playground games used to play at school this morning nine four one four one o four three. If you want to jump on the phone and join us, come on to Debbie Haynesworth hern Our schoolmates used to play a game called Ooh pooh, great name.
Speaker 2: Awesome name? Can we guess the game?
Speaker 5: Anyone and he guesses ew pooh, good morning question.
Speaker 2: It was a game like tiggy.
Speaker 5: Growing up in a very blue collar industrial area, most of us attended the local public schools where stray dogs came and went by the way. Wasn't that an exciting day? During the day If a stray dog just came at a playground, ran around school teacher dog dog in school, teachers had to go and recapture it, didn't it. Therefore, there was an endless supply of dog poo. So after school and during the break, the person who was it would run around with a stick with a huge clump of dark dog poo on the end, and you chase all your mate and you touched them with the.
Speaker 2: Poo, hence the name. OOO. It stunk, and we all grew up being very good runners.
Speaker 5: See this is good. Need to get these games. They raised us. Debbie Haynesworth. That's a great email. Good morning, Jim Cormack. Rumble to school involved an oval. The senior class and junior kids on the oval lined up.
Speaker 2: Listen to this.
Speaker 5: Seniors lined up at one end of the oval. Life was always great at school as a senior, tough at times as a junior. Seniors lined up at one end of the oval and ran in a line to the other end, shouting rumble with any kid in the way bowled over until the oval was cleard, so only seniors were left standing on the.
Speaker 2: Great fun if you're a senior.
Speaker 5: And also we sometimes we'd get together on the spur of the moment, so juniors didn't realize until the cry of rumble was made. Good times to gym, then, Christian, this comes from who's this? This is Jacqueline, Good morning Christian. The flip was done on the monkey bars. You hung upside down by your legs and swung until you got enough momentum to swing off and flip to the ground, gracefully, landing on your feet or sometimes face, knees or stomach. We became masters of the flip until one day Tammy, this time to dismount, landing awkwardly in her arm, which of course broke. This result in the flipp being banned in our primary school for the rest of time onwards. Come on, Tammy. There's always a Tammy, isn't there. All right, let's go to the lines now, someone says texting in the UK. When I was at school, we used to play piggyback fights. Yeah, we should to do that as well. Do you used to do that piggy Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I've remembered another one now that we love gladiators, which was hanging from the monkey bars and then using your legs to kick and try and pull the other person off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: Oh great games, Brett, Good morning morning, Here are you? I'm good Brett. I hope you had a good week. Games used to play at school?
Speaker 2: What was it for you? Brett?
Speaker 11: Brandy with a cricket ball?
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, so Brandy was basically the game where it was just about throwing it at the other person, giving them a branding them with a bruise.
Speaker 11: Yes, yeah, but we used to play with the cricket ball. The sky is this cricket training.
Speaker 2: But boys, I'm going to be the next team.
Speaker 3: Smith must have stung to get hit with a cricket ball. Brett.
Speaker 11: Oh, he usually copied a couple of times each game.
Speaker 8: But there you wore it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Brett, thank you very much. Have a good weekend, mate.
Speaker 11: No, it's jeez by Mitch.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Mitch.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Mitch.
Speaker 10: Yeah. So I used to go to a small primary school and no longer exists anymore, but there's about one hundred and seventy kids in our primary school, and so every lunchtime from probably about grade two probably started when I was there, we would have all the kids in the school playing going up Tiggy at lunch time.
Speaker 2: And take take us to how it would work.
Speaker 10: So I'm gonna start with one or two people being in. As I said, there's only one hundred and seventy kids in the school, and so by the end of lunch, so half an hour forty five, it would be about seventy kids that were it and chase them two or three kids left and you could hide anywhere in the school.
Speaker 5: It sounds like Lord of the Flies meets Hunger Games. What the teachers doing hiding under the desk?
Speaker 2: Have they finished yet?
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Goal one o four point three.
Speaker 5: We took them oout the games used to play at school No four one four one oh four three. That's a some.
Speaker 2: Calls Mitch, Good morning Mitch. It's Daniel. Daniel.
Speaker 11: Sorry Daniel, morning Christian.
Speaker 12: We had a game called Walk the Plank where there was a plank in between two playgrounds and a person would come from each side and would try and knock each other off, and eventually we would end up with someone with a broken arm.
Speaker 2: So what could possibly go wrong?
Speaker 5: It sounds like you're playing it now or running from the police.
Speaker 2: What are you up to, Daniel? What do you do right now? You're doing someone at work?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm on sights. That's a little bit windy ever you today.
Speaker 2: That's a right.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you taking time out for you busy dad. They give us a cool mate. That's a great one. Walk the Plank, Love it, Daniel, Have a good weekend.
Speaker 2: Do all right? Thank you. Let's go to Laurie.
Speaker 11: Good morning, good morning, good morning, good morning, good.
Speaker 5: Morning, good morning. Come on in to you, sir, and welcome to the show. And we're talking about player the games just to play at school shins.
Speaker 11: It was called it. We used to crush a elving and ken to the size of a pack and all out water to try to hit each other since to score goals instead of going for the puck.
Speaker 5: This is a kind of improvised game that we're all. These games are likely because they come out of board them, don't they You need to do something. You've got to make do with what you got because we didn't have phones. Imagine that just kicking out a crushed alumin in can at each other's shins and that was it. You'd have been happy as anything playing that.
Speaker 11: But you wanted to miss this, miss the aluminium can and hit the person in machines which your school shoes, right was the idea, Laurie.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: You coma have a good weekend, you too, sir Dom. Good morning Tom. They want to make Tom. Okay, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Off you go. Tom.
Speaker 14: We used to play a game called stretch.
Speaker 2: How did that happen.
Speaker 14: I'll explain it to it. It's playing either with a compass or or something. Point. It stands about six feet away from your friend in frontlin you'd throw that, uh, and it have to land. Probably moved the league right, and why we're over the dark landed. We don't do it full at the time, as you got white. The only way to close your legs it was to get the dart between your opponent's leaves. And that was always fun because the legs were stretched right out and there wasn't much experience. That's all I'll say about that. Got the bandages.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we used to play this kind of game as well. Yeah, using those old maths composition you know, like as dance. But he got banned after all because someone accidentally put it through another lad's foot.
Speaker 2: He went through his school shoes.
Speaker 5: Our foot was normal in Australia.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Goal one O four point three.
Speaker 5: And welcome back to the show. Our sister, the powerful One. She sits atop the mountain like a cat. Actually send a jack. Yesterday we're having a meeting. I said, no, you're like an exotic cat and it came to me in a vision last Saturday night at the house party for my wife when we all when you are dressed as Amy Winehouse, you looked amazing as well, awesome, Amy Winehouse. I've got to say this show you all. You all did me proud, and he did his sounds proud. I actually think you had the best outfits out of everyone there.
Speaker 3: And everybody that's a huge compliment. Everybody tried one.
Speaker 5: Jack looks great as Freddie Mrkley number one. There were three other Freddies vying for it, but you were number one.
Speaker 2: Was great.
Speaker 5: But you said, Brad, I don't think we should say on air what it is. We'll get complaints we were, won't we So I'm.
Speaker 2: Not saying that he was really good.
Speaker 5: I thought he was brilliant, very very good as well. So, Patsy, it's the first time for us to catch.
Speaker 2: Up with you.
Speaker 5: I want to hear your eyewitness account of the party, bearing in mind your husband owes me a hose, because he's just said he said to me at one point of the night when he when he completely sort of tipped over the edge and we'd lost hide and he was becoming Jekyl, and he said to.
Speaker 2: Me, do you want to do you want me to start doing beer bongs now?
Speaker 5: It was like a casual thing, like he was going to sing a song or something my hits now and I went, yeah, and that's a good time about I said, I don't. I don't actually, I was joking with Pats on the show. I don't actually have a beer bong. And he went, oh, we can just make one. We just need a funnel and some kind of length of tubing or like a hose.
Speaker 2: I went, well, I've got that kinkless garden hose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that expensive one.
Speaker 2: I said, I need it though, because we just had the garden turfed.
Speaker 5: And he goes, I'll buy you a new hose. He goes, we need some scissors. I need about a three meter length of garden hose. So me and him on Saturday night, about eleven in the evening cutting up my hand a kitchen scissors on a thick old garden hose. It took ages and we had to cut it twice. And then they got like a soda bowl half that and half like mcguiver and cellotaped it and so we had the beer b on. Christian husband became like a ring leader, a maitre.
Speaker 2: D and took his jacket off to a business. The men lining up and how to do a beer bong correctly?
Speaker 3: Well, I wouldn't say men lining up.
Speaker 5: Yes, significant age behaving like.
Speaker 4: That, trek to the signe. It was a great night. It was a great night.
Speaker 2: And how how did you? How did a night work out for you and Chris?
Speaker 7: Well, we had we had a brilliant time. We haven't had such a huge party like that in such a long time. And I've never seen such a stockpile of grog as in your laundry. It was bursting at the scene.
Speaker 3: You mean Chris's laundry.
Speaker 5: It was the gate keep above the washing machine, where all boos should be kept at every part.
Speaker 7: So no, you provided very well. The drinks were forthcoming all night. But you had you had a couple of jars of cocktails, didn't she?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Cosmopolitan, the Mehito and the Mehitos.
Speaker 7: But the taps, did you notice, Jack, The taps were a little bit drip, drippy, drippy, very.
Speaker 2: Slow to pour, so not enough drink for both of you.
Speaker 7: I thought maybe it was intentional so people wouldn't drink as much.
Speaker 5: I know there was there was plenty of Then there was a champagne cocktails as well that were really stronger brandy in.
Speaker 7: It was magnificent. And who was it? I'm intrigued.
Speaker 4: Who was it? Ended up in your pool.
Speaker 2: At the end of the night. That's my Scottish friend.
Speaker 3: William who was he King Charles Kings well with my prince, but didn't really look like prince.
Speaker 5: We'd looked like we were part of some sort of royal courtiers a mutiny.
Speaker 4: Yes, I looked out the window.
Speaker 2: We all did, and he was in the naked Yeah. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know what went on there. I think because I had a costume change, because I got into my Elvis.
Speaker 4: We got into Elvis. I loved that.
Speaker 2: Life is better with a cape, isn't it? Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 4: And you thought you were Elvis, you thought you were the King.
Speaker 2: I did feel the spirit.
Speaker 3: Of the king, but you were still wearing the prince curly hair.
Speaker 5: If Prince slash Captain Hook made him with Elvis.
Speaker 4: And then getting home was a bit of a bit of a.
Speaker 2: Streak get from Hampton to Werriby.
Speaker 4: So we got an uber, We got a d D there and got an uber home.
Speaker 2: This is your first Uber trip.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm no longer an Uber virgin.
Speaker 2: Wow, how did you find it?
Speaker 7: But it didn't exactly go smoothly. So we actually were involved in an accident on the West Gate at Miller's Road on the way home at about two am on the Sunday. Happened, so there was roadworks and it was down to forty k's and this driver thought he'd pass mister Uber on the emergency lane and side swiped us. And by that point Chris and I were actually asleep in the car because we were launcious unconscious anyway, we woke up to the sound of grinding metal and impact in any way. We all pulled over and no one was hurt. No one was hurt, which was the best thing. But the funny thing is the love got got out to help and assist.
Speaker 4: Nobody was going to do.
Speaker 3: I need a length of hose and a funnel sauce pipe.
Speaker 2: I just ripped off.
Speaker 7: We all a certained that we were fine and details were exchanged, and then we went on home. And then I was sort of talking to him yesterday, sort of downloading about the weekend, and I said God, and then we got side swaped and he's going, what are you talking about? I sit on the way home and the uber our car got side swatted and just his total expression of blankness on his face, memory no recollection whatsoever.
Speaker 5: To be fair to Chris, he came as Dean Martin, and Dean Martin was famous of him in this charismatic single actor but also going on very wild drink benders as well. So I think it was his stating character that's it was like a method actor.
Speaker 2: For it as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one O four.
Speaker 5: He said, I was making my wife a cup of tea, and as I was pouring the milk in her tea, because that's the right way to have it.
Speaker 2: Was sinking.
Speaker 5: I said, do you actually drink milk these days? Numerous kids we I used to drink a lot of milk. I'm sure you guys did as well. You know, so you were told it was good for your calcium, you know, new bones. Just to drink a lot of milk? Are people doating young kids? Who is drinking milk?
Speaker 2: Stall?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 3: As an adult, I still enjoy a tall glass of milk, will you?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 5: Doesn't it feel so heavy now? And all that dairy for your sinus.
Speaker 3: But that's what I think. The heaviness. You can treade it almost like a meal. If I'm still hungry after dinner, between dinner and bed, I will have a glass of milk. Nothing quenches thirst and hunger at the same time, like milk.
Speaker 2: Are you doing a live.
Speaker 3: Re for the milk board?
Speaker 4: Do you do full cream or I do full cream?
Speaker 10: Do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Oh, it's too heavy in his stomach. See kids these days, they're all brought up on water, aren't they.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it now. It's not just that anywhere you go.
Speaker 5: Now we've become these people carrying around canisters.
Speaker 2: I do it.
Speaker 5: You've got that great five liter on. It's like we're in the desert. You'll be ten minutes, there'll be a tap near you. We're all walking around with liters and liters of water now all of a sudden, an't we?
Speaker 2: But who do you? You don't drink milk still now, dear pets.
Speaker 7: No, I can't stand it. In kindy, in kindergarten, we were only offered full cream milk, a cup of milk. It wasn't you know in the seventies you didn't have water or juice. It was milk and I couldn't bear it, and it put me off it forever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had to have like a pint of milk every single day at junior school. And then when missus Thatcher got a lecture, she took all the milk from every single and she became Thatcher Thatcher, the milk Snatcher's true?
Speaker 2: But who is having it now as an adult?
Speaker 5: Does it make you feel sick? If I had a glass of milk now, i'd actually throw up.
Speaker 3: No, I feel fine. The only thing that I don't like about drinking milk is Bianca hates it. And so if I heard right before bed, she doesn't really want to fall around because I've just had a big belly of milk and.
Speaker 5: There's that deep be honest, right, Okay, do you then do milky butps?
Speaker 3: I don't do.
Speaker 2: Milky people too, because your body can't do it.
Speaker 5: People do milky buts, and then you got that old milk tash as well.
Speaker 3: You're clean up afterwards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but again it's revolting. Who's still drinking milk?
Speaker 5: Nine one O four three And never forget just a quick word now from the Milk Advisory Board.
Speaker 3: Nothing quench's thirst and hunger at the same time, like.
Speaker 1: Milk, the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Couple weeks ago, I got this amazing email from an amazing woman and sister high Christian. My name is Melanie, and I was wondering if you could help in any way. My sister, Renee has been diagnosed with stage four cancer in August. She's only thirty eight and is a mother of two young children, a wife, and an amazing human being. She lives in king Late Victoria enoughs to travel every day to Epping for radiotherapy that's a long haul, and has numerous scans doing all whilst all was doing this and also staying strong for her family even though she's in a lot of pain and tied. The thing about Renee is she's a mad John Travolta fan obsessed. When we were kids, everything was about J T.
Speaker 2: Grease posters.
Speaker 5: She said as a teenager, if she ever one day got to meet him, she would get him to sign her arm and then get it tattooed. Two weeks ago, I emailed John Travolta's fan page announced he was coming to Melbourne, his Instagram account, his wife Kelly Preston's Instagram account, his daughter's Instagram account, in the hope that we could get a signed letter of encouragement or any kind of video message. But I haven't heard anything back. I'm emailing you because he has announced he's coming to Melbourne, and my question is how do I guarantee for her to meet him and try and make this happen. I've also emailed I've taken the name of this other radio station out, but they haven't replied.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 5: I got this lovely email from Melanie, and I thought, what an amazing sister, What an amazing sister to do something that for your sister, and this poor Paul just thirty eight, going through stage four cancer and all the treatments exhausting. So I thought that if there's anywhere we could help out, we've got to try and out here. And we didn't make this happen. We were managed to pull this off, and it was a small thing for us. It was more about John Travolta and his people. We simply asked them and they did agree to do this when they saw this email.
Speaker 2: So Renee is on the line now. Renee good morning, winning Christian.
Speaker 17: How are you going?
Speaker 2: Hey, mom portany how are you this morning? How do you feed him?
Speaker 17: I'm still on cloud night, I must say.
Speaker 2: So you met the main man, you met John? What was it like?
Speaker 17: It was amazing. It was very fast. Don't get me wrong, because there was a lot of people that were meeting and greeting. But they did come out and say, you know all the rules, and they said strictly no autographs. And I was like, oh no, and I had to make it happen. And I had your Shakie with me, and I turned to my sister and I said, the only way I could make this happen is if I'm last. So I lined up. I made sure I was last. So yeah, and then when I saw the security cards, the security guards and they're saying to me, oh no, no, there's there's no autographs, And I said, you don't understand. Christian nailed me this, sharpie.
Speaker 5: Days are going to change. Then those meet and greets, just because we might not know this, they are they can be.
Speaker 2: Ruthless, okay, you know, because people are just ushered in, ushered out.
Speaker 5: And John Blessing himself agreed to do a load and someone probably forgot to tell him, and you know that why you were there. If it was me and I was going through stage four cancer, I'd have told all those other people to get out the way I'm going through this. Put me at the front. The rest of you go and take a seat.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 17: There was one guy that sort of said, oh, no, you go, and I said no, no, made I'm laughed, and he goes, oh no, no, you're going. I said, now, mate, keep going. I felt bad about that, but.
Speaker 5: You know, listen, after what you're dealing with right now, you take whatever little bit you can renee. And so what was it like tell me this then? After all those years have been a big fan of John Travolta, you then are in the same room with him.
Speaker 2: What did it feel like?
Speaker 17: I was so excited. I thought I would cry. I thought I would be shaking, but I just I wasn't. I was just so excited. And you probably see it in the with my crazy eyes. Excitement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lovely thing. There's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 17: And I I well, they spoke to human said is it okay for the autograph? And he said, yeah, it's fine, and then he just welcomed you with open arms, and I went into the big cuddle and what was that like? It was amazing. He's very he's very cuddly, very.
Speaker 2: Nice and the greatest cuddle of your life.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it was best.
Speaker 5: That's how scient just do it. They trained them and then they zap you into the old l run half Hubbard. They put that little micro chip in the back of your head there and I watch it.
Speaker 17: I know a lot of preparation. When you even got a spray head. I didn't even get a spray hand for my own wedding.
Speaker 2: John Bottle was pulling away.
Speaker 5: He's got the similar potato these Australias smell.
Speaker 17: And I gave him a copy of I've been while I'm doing my treatment. I've been doing an album of covers and I had that with me and I wrote on the front of it, You're the one that I want and gave it, which you thought was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: A little gift. And what did he sign? What did he sign for you?
Speaker 17: Well, he was going to sign my arm that my doctors said no at this stage, I have to wait until I have a break, but that's okay. So he signed a card for me and I can use that later.
Speaker 5: And so what are you going to do about the tattoo? Because when we first read out your lovely sister's email, Jake King now to too is former Tiger's player from City Inc. They called us up and said they would do this all for free. They'd love to help out. So we do have someone who would do all this for you. What is the are you going to do the tatoo? Are you able to do that?
Speaker 17: I am going to do it. I've just got to wait for the break between my chemotherapy treatments.
Speaker 2: And when is that going to be.
Speaker 17: I think it's around January. I think so it just depends out all goes like scans and things that. Yeah, fingers us, but I'll definitely be doing it. I've just got to wait.
Speaker 18: For the go ahead.
Speaker 5: How about this then, so that we will all be cheering and hoping for the best write over in the next couple of weeks. Here, how about when you are ready, and let's be positive, When you are already in January twenty twenty, why don't you come in on the show and we'll have this long awaited since you were a teenager. We get the tattoo done live on the show. We get Jake king himself to come in and do how do you fancy that?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I'd do that for sure, really absolutely absolutely, But yeah I did. There was a bit of a Q and A that I didn't know about with John Travolta.
Speaker 2: I thought that was the whole show. That's the whole show, isn't it?
Speaker 17: Well that he gets interviewed by Melissa Doyle, which was she's lovely and she does a big interview, and then at the end they sort of said, if anybody had any questions, get up, and my sister's going just do it, just do it, because she knew what I wanted to ask.
Speaker 2: What did you ask?
Speaker 17: I asked him what Coloney wore? Because I needed it for my husband.
Speaker 2: At that moment, right going, is that the one the game of the CD st Yeah, the car cologne?
Speaker 17: And he's a movie called The Phonetic too, So I looked really bad.
Speaker 5: And what I've got to know this now, what a great question I might ask you guests that we interview for now, what cologne does John Travolta wear?
Speaker 17: He wouldn't say. He said that he had everybody's on him because everybody was hugging and kissing you, so he wouldn't actually say, which is fair enough. I get that, but yeah, I think he woke up the next day giggling when he put it on.
Speaker 2: Renee.
Speaker 5: It was lovely to talk to you. And you've got an amazing sister. You're obviously amazing sisters. That's so nice that she told us about what you want to do. I'm glad we could help out and listen in the new year when you're ready and the invitation is there. In the meantime, Color weeks time, the last week of the show, which I think is only going to be like three weeks, we're hosting a Christmas movie club. We're all going to watch ELF together. I'd love to have you and meet your sister as well, Melanie at that. So if you'd love to come along watch Elf with us, we'd love to meet you and say.
Speaker 17: Hello, Oh, that would be great. Thank you. And I wanted to thank Anthology for everything they did and gold Fim for just easy.
Speaker 2: To ask them. It was no big deal, whatsoeb I'm glad your sister, I asked us.
Speaker 5: Okay, well listen, we will see you in a couple of times at Alpha Ka, but for now, for a great weekend, look after yourself, lovely sort to you.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell, Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one four point.
Speaker 5: Three, several last emails to round up this hour. Christian my son was in his last year at Brighton Primary School in twenty fifteen and was told no playing basketball in the playground before school started anymore because some parent. One of the dads turned up one morning, got in the wiver ball and got hit in the back and so he complained, what.
Speaker 3: Joel, what literally was?
Speaker 2: It did me more exercise right there than two sedates?
Speaker 5: Good day, Christian, Jack. And that's during the nineties. I went to a prominent boys school in Canterbury, Jack, Did you go to a prominent boys school?
Speaker 3: I did not?
Speaker 5: Why we are here due the nineties. I went to prominent boys school in Canterbury. We were fortunate enough to usher through many activities. I mean, if you go to a prominent boy school, you used phrases like usher through many activities that subsequently got barn My favorite one was carnage. All we needed was an oval one ball at least twenty plays. Sometimes this would swell to sixty people over the days of my prominent boys school in Canterbury. Whoever had the ball got outely smashed and then stacks on. Yeah we didn't put it carnage, but that was it was many Getting stacks on was what it was all about.
Speaker 2: I just loved it.
Speaker 3: I've just remembered another great one we used to play.
Speaker 2: It was can I finished this one?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 5: Sorry, oh sorry, old jacket over there, No.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 5: This guy went to his prominent boys school in Canterbury Town. Some like you usher him through. Come on, whoever had the ball got absolutely smashed, then stacks on. If you kept possession, then you got credibility. If you got rid of it as soon as you could, well then you pretty much got slammed for the rest of your school time.
Speaker 2: Fun times.
Speaker 5: This is from William him of the prominent boys school in Canterbury Jack.
Speaker 3: Our one was called stop resisting, and.
Speaker 5: What you would do this is this radio friendly is another one on the fire under a very different time. Notice how we haven't mentioned kiss chase anymore.
Speaker 3: And any top resisting any point you can point to one of your friends and go stop resisting, and then everybody else would tackle them to the ground and say stop resisting.
Speaker 2: Stop resisting.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: It's coming on in what's going on here?
Speaker 5: An argument about the brevel toastingmaker versus the what is it called jabari?
Speaker 3: What a jaffel? So I was trying to explain. The jaffle is not just a toasted cheese sandwich. It's got like a.
Speaker 2: Curved so's the brevil.
Speaker 3: Is the brevel curved?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Bit like?
Speaker 4: Does it leave a pattern on this?
Speaker 2: Does it crimps it at the edge as well?
Speaker 3: There's a that's a jaffle?
Speaker 2: No, that's are now it's a jack Well anyway, on with the show.
Speaker 5: So that's what was going on here, and forgot about the old radio show. Okay, today's today's that work time Wayster. Another great prize today Balgowni Estate, Bendigo celebrating fifty years of wine making. The best one we get on the time Wasster Today, when's two nights glamping at Balgowni Estate, Bendigo. You get to stay in a luxury Safari tent, dinner, breakfast and a bottle of wine. Amazing prize. All right here we go then this is a great idea.
Speaker 2: Jackson Onemost Morning jat post, come with this one. Make a Band Australian.
Speaker 3: It is wearing a strained band t sh shirt to work day? Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think I think it really is Australian music.
Speaker 2: It is it is. Yeah, it's official.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, I've got them. Make a band Australian.
Speaker 3: The Emuse instead of the Eagles.
Speaker 2: No, the Muse.
Speaker 5: The lou Carpenters like that. The lou Carpenters. Panic at the Dingo.
Speaker 2: I'm not hearing golds coming ja.
Speaker 5: I'm expecting gold to all right, so panic at the dingo. Prisoner soft cell block h.
Speaker 3: It's a bit over my head.
Speaker 2: Prisoner soft cell block H.
Speaker 5: Adele laid and system of a down Under.
Speaker 3: That's good too, Yeah, all right done. No wonder you had such a big smile on your face coming into.
Speaker 2: Well, I knew to be arguing about the Javali or what it was called.
Speaker 5: In the Make a Band Australian Jack.
Speaker 3: What have you got the Ru Ru dolls? Come on?
Speaker 2: That is good.
Speaker 4: I check that.
Speaker 2: Come on, you're coming up with Adele late and you come in with that.
Speaker 3: Maybe the Google dolls didn't make it to England. Now this one you have to think about but is very actually very cock the Dundee warholes.
Speaker 2: Oh that is good. Yeah, that is good, well done, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yep and no no, no gold plus and the plast monotonies, the veggie mighty mighty buster that is.
Speaker 5: Going to try to think of a veggie Mike one. That's a great one. Okay, that's how works this morning, our work time waster Australian bands text in now.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 3: You asked me why I was eating some saladas this morning. It's really because it's the only food in the building that you can use to snack on. And I missed my usual pancake breakfast that I have every day before the show.
Speaker 2: Is that you do a nice pancake cake.
Speaker 4: It's got time today.
Speaker 3: It's so good. I thought I told you. This man makes these oat pancakes. That's like you put all the oats in the pancake mixing, leave it see it overnight, and then she makes the pancakes in the morning.
Speaker 4: Yeh wow, with a bit of blueber reaction.
Speaker 2: No, no blueberries, just she makes you pancakes in the morning.
Speaker 5: Yes, if I nudged my wife away at four point fifteen and wait, went pancakes, Make me pancakes. She would turn my testicles into pancakes with a frying pan. I try that Monday and record the reaction.
Speaker 2: Pancakes.
Speaker 5: You get up now, after twenty one years of marriage, it's about time you're starting to make.
Speaker 2: Me pancakes for the What this is mind blowing? How do you pull that off?
Speaker 5: Well, you need to do a tatie pancakes.
Speaker 3: I need to light my back. I guess now as good to tie. There's any them to thank Bianca for the pancakes every morning.
Speaker 2: Maybe do it in person, might be more personable, or a bunch.
Speaker 4: Of flowers or something.
Speaker 3: This morning was the first time I didn't get the pancake mix, but Lazy.
Speaker 2: Get it on the show. Now, finger out your back. I know she's gonna go.
Speaker 3: My friend the dog got up on the bench top overnight and she actually has done this before.
Speaker 2: You used to.
Speaker 3: There's a built in bench seat next to the kitchen bench top, which is now where we're getting regretting because you can't move it away, and she uses.
Speaker 2: That no hashtag bench nightmare and then up.
Speaker 3: On the bench top on Sunday, my mum brought over some cookies for my birthday. Luna jumped up there and ate the whole things while we're out this week and this morning. This is the first time she's done it while we're in the house. So whilst we're asleep, she's got up there and she ate the pancake mix.
Speaker 2: If you were a dog, greatest day of your life.
Speaker 3: If you have my case, Well, she doesn't get the pancakes. She just gets the like the sappy old mix with the oats and stuff soaking in it.
Speaker 5: Yesterday on the show, right Patsy, we were talking about how there's a cookbook. It's the best seller in the UK, and it's a cookbook for us dog owners to cook for your dog.
Speaker 2: But I said, it's a waste of time. Whatever you're having.
Speaker 3: Or whatever, Mark, I'll tell you, she'll eat anything because the other thing she ate not just the pancake mix, you know, the the sponge you used with the handle in the scene. She I guess there was some flavor on it from something we were washing. She ate the top of that. I tell you, she is a monster.
Speaker 2: How sad is this?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: My wife? She doesn't let me top up that thing. You know, you top it up with like fairy.
Speaker 3: You can't be trusted to top that up.
Speaker 5: Me, because what I would do is I just fill it up with concentrated fairy liquid.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, my wife was only up half and then puts water in the rest of it.
Speaker 3: Oh, what to save money over time?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 2: The show's number one? What all the good time? So here?
Speaker 3: Actually I noticed did you notice on Saturday night when we were at Christian's house the plates weren't perfectly clean?
Speaker 2: That's very liquid guy.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Today's that word time wast star.
Speaker 5: You get to have two nights glamping at the Bowgowney Estate Vendorgo stand a luxury Safari tent with dinner, breakfast and a bottle of wine for the best at work time waste, which today is make a band Australian. But Jesus, look at the size of that. The begs Jesus.
Speaker 3: All right, Silver plus.
Speaker 2: Mike and Chilong, well done, VB two.
Speaker 3: U two two complicated, Bronze, tough like Siue Mountain, Liza, Who's he in?
Speaker 2: The blow Fly?
Speaker 5: Silver Adam and the bull aren't ants silver the rue fighters.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not as good as dolls.
Speaker 5: I think it's super silvil plus gold plus simply red Center silver plus.
Speaker 2: Limp an Zac biscuit. That's not the one, passy man, that's the recipe.
Speaker 5: You had gold five seconds of chopper. That's good for five seconds of Summer's good. Bronze one Non Republic silver Andrew and Very Thongs and Roses Bronze match Box four and twenty.
Speaker 3: That's a gold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what an anthony in Greensboro? Were done?
Speaker 3: Red back spider Bait silver plus.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a pussy cat dolls.
Speaker 3: That can just scrape in for a gold.
Speaker 5: Bon Joey, Oh, that's good gold.
Speaker 2: Imagine Bogans. That's a great one. That is a great one. I hope, I hope, I hope.
Speaker 5: There's a Queensland Chimmy van dressed as Bogans to the Imagine dragons called Imagine Bogans gold plus. Oh, that is so good, very very good. Frankie goes to Berwick gold plus beck very good. The doo Be Budgie Smugglers bronze.
Speaker 11: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: There's no point carrying on? We I wish when are going to give the actual.
Speaker 5: Price to imagine Bogans Imagine bog It's going to be Amanda in Rosebudy.
Speaker 2: You are the winner.
Speaker 5: You get the two night glamping package at Backgowney Estate Bendergo, well done, great work.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: God one of four point three Christian O'Connell. Every Friday we give away five hundred dollars for the best call of the week and it's tough because we get some great calls.
Speaker 2: So it's time for our best caller of the weeks At the air Hoorn.
Speaker 5: Mark the sound guy actually has an actual airhorm. I'm telling me he's only how to use it in production once a year. I think he's over used his quota of the ship all right. So some of our favorite calls so far this week. Jeff, tell me, how did furniture attack you?
Speaker 18: I was standing on the bed show my girlfriend how my great six underpants still fitted, and I was trying to make a bit more room in there with my fists, and I stretched and they ripped, and I funched myself in the door and backward somersaults into the Queen Anne wardrobe at the end of the bed check, rang triple Jay straight away and reported it.
Speaker 2: I think a triple zero is it number you're spposed to? Are going to play you an indie song? Jody? You a milk lover?
Speaker 15: My husband is? He drinks milk all the time, but when he hung over masters like three leaders. No, wait, didn't give anything worse. Just playing milk, Yeah, just normal playing milk or great.
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna go now. So what's missing in you? Neil?
Speaker 12: I've got no cartlegs, but what I got no medial, antior or posterial ligaments.
Speaker 3: So what's what's holding you together?
Speaker 12: Get bone on bone, but you're not on.
Speaker 3: Crutches or in a wheelchair. You're just walking around.
Speaker 13: Na man, got play basketball for the next thirty Odor Jews with a big steel brace.
Speaker 14: I mean we're still a rod gown down the side, yem.
Speaker 5: I love the image of Regard the basketball course with a steel brace with rods going down the side playing basketball. Some great calls this week, as always, but this is the one we're going to give the five hundred dollars to thanks to Springvale Caravans. Great deals and service for over thirty six years. Check out Springvale Caravans dot com dot au. Yesterday we were doing a phone in about what's missing in you? And we got this amazing call from Ross. What's missing in you?
Speaker 2: Ross?
Speaker 6: My kidneys that diagnosed ten years ago with the kidney disease and ended up having a transplant two and a half years ago. I was lucky enough that my brother donated one of his kidneys to me.
Speaker 2: What a legend day I mean about brother legend.
Speaker 6: I actually just returned from competing in the World Transplant Games. I was lucky enough to win four goals and two silvers.
Speaker 3: And then does your brother take some of the credit for the gold medals, because I mean a bit of it was him.
Speaker 2: Six year he gets one of the medals and he has to give it back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, credit, that's the right caller, right choice there, seem brilliant cool from Ross. He wins to five hundred dollars. That's back again next week for the best caol we get from.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show. Melbourne's Gold one of four point three That.
Speaker 2: Is it for us. Title of today's show.
Speaker 3: Is ooooh can you play the game?
Speaker 2: Of no, let's not. Well, that's really where the the it on over for it is the old Pooh Field backyard there can everyone please take it easy this weekend. Last weekend, we'll have a huge Saturday Night, and it went that the show got wiped out.
Speaker 3: Okay, I am desperate for a rest, but I have a Bucks party tomorrow. No man post, no, I'm dreading it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, my wild Saturday Night isn't actually about me misbehaving. My daughter turns thirteen on Monday, but she's got her party tomorrow night. One hundred teenage kids tomorrow, boys and girls. I'll be patrolling that with a flashlight.
Speaker 3: That's where our Bucks party is.
Speaker 2: I have a great weekend. We're back Monday.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three