Speaker 1: Hello and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Kate Torbert and coming up on today's show, Tammy Hembro is slammed by animal activists for cruel tourist act. Olivia Rodgers opens up about her ex moving on, and Jojo Sewer and Chris Hughes make it official. The first Megan Markle has released unseen footage of herself twerking before labor. The Duchess of Sussex shared a throwback video of her and Prince Harry doing the viral baby Mamma dance. I first came across this with no sound on it. It was very early in the morning, and I actually thought that it had been AI generated. I was like, holy fuck, what is this. Well, we were just talking about it before and you didn't even know about the trend, so you were like, what is going on? Because this is a big trend on TikTok. A lot of women who are about to give birth share themselves dancing to this song. See. I thought that they were just being creative and had come up with it themselves. I'm like, oh wow, like that's interesting. I absolutely loved Harry's cameo. He was playing the daggy dad character, wasn't he And you could tell that they were both taking the piss out of themselves, which is what I quite enjoyed, because I think that they've got a lot of flak recently, Megan in particular for taking herself too seriously and trying to be too perfect. Well, Megan clearly can't do anything right because she has been absolutely slammed in the press over this video. People are saying it's cringe. There's been a lot of negative commentary on social media. Someone wrote make it stop, hashtag cringe, and another said everything they do to be relatable is weirdly not relatable. It's bizarre how they never miss I think it's evident to anyone who's listened to this podcast that I'm a big Meghan Markle fan. But I did cringe when I initially saw this video, and I just thought, why are they doing this to themselves? Because they have already faced a lot of criticism for being hypocritical when it comes to their children's privacy. I mean, we've seen the infamous South Park episode where it's like we want privacy and over the past couple of days, for Lillabette's birthday, Meghan has shared a number of photos of her that we've never seen before. The first couple you couldn't really make out her face. She then shared a very cute photo of Harry and Lillabet and then obviously this most recent clip. We've got a real behind the scenes look into how they were preparing for labor. And whilst I think it's great, like I love seeing all these snippets, I just know that people are going to say, well, didn't you leave the royal family so your children could have privacy, Like why are you sharing all of this? Yeah, But to defend them here, they want to be able to control the images they put out rather than have the press take paparazzi shots of them. So it's up to them if they want to release these photos or not, and they obviously felt safe to do so as well because they were images of Lillabette when she was a newborn, and obviously now that she's four years old, she looks very different. I always find it quite funny to see the creative ways that celebrities and influencers hired their kids' faces so that they can still post these beautiful photos online. They're always very artistic, aren't they. I found the caption to this video also quite funny because Megan said, four years ago today this also happened. Both of our children were a week past their due date. So when spicy food, all that walking and acupuncture didn't work, there was only one thing left to do. And all I could think about was because there's obviously the old wives tale that if you have sex it also brings on labor, and I was like, did they miss that out or are they trying to be a bit edgy like, you know, lead everyone to thinking, well, did they do that as well? They actually have the same thought. Another thing I couldn't stop thinking about was whether any staff at this hospital saw them doing the dance and how many times did they do it to get it this good? I really want to know where our listeners down on this one. Is it cringe or do you love it? I'm gonna put up a question box on an Instagram story. Tammy Hamburg's work trip to Egypt is currently under the spotlight. The og fitness influencer has been by animal activists for riding a camel as well as offending locals with her attire. Before we get into the claims, Kate, can you give listeners a bit of a background about the trip. Well, this is a paid gig for Tammy, So she has teamed up with a travel company called au Venturer to host a group of travelers in Egypt. Now, the company offers a range of travel packages to different destinations, alongside special trips hosted by influencers and celebrities, and it's not the first time Tammy has worked with the travel operator. So last year she also hosted a trip to Greece. Now, the big selling point of this trip was that you were accompanied by Tammy Hembro as a guide alongside a trained Egyptologist. We spoke about this trip briefly last week and about how Tammy Hembro seemed to form quite a connection with the rest of the women on the trips. She actually put up an Instagram story where she tagged all of them in the post. So, as you said, Kate, the selling point really seems to be that you can befriend Tammy in and you can hang out with her. I mean, the trip was even advertised as the Ancient exp Edition with Tammy engined, and this wasn't a cheap trip. It costs travelers between six and seven thousand Australian dollars depending on the room that you stayed in. Now, this week, photos and videos of Tammy riding a camel emerged on social media. Tammy didn't upload the images herself, but instead people spotted her in the background of other travelers photos. Yeah, she did share a photo of two camels from the ride with the Pyramids in the background, so she did acknowledge that she saw camels, just not that she actually rode one. Now, the camel ride was part of the planned itinery and that has been available on the tour operator's website from the get go. On the website, it says ride a camel on the high plateau with panoramic views across the dunes. Now, clearly this was a planned part of the trip. Now. Animal activist Bailey Nelson, who runs Instagram account Warrior for Animals, was quick to call Tammy out. He wrote, I am an animal rights campaigner and am deeply disappointed Tammy hembro road abuse camels. I'm glad the post has been removed, but more needs to be done against exploitation in tourism. He also commented on Tammy's post, I'm politely asking if you can do your bit to end the exploitation of animals in tourism. I've been supporting you for a long time, even praising you for advocating for eating more plant based foods in twenty twenty to help the environment and of course, animal welfare. The backlash was very swift. Tammy's Egypt post received a flurry of angry commenters. One wrote, how about don't torture animals and don't write a camel can't believe it's even on the program. Another said do you have any idea how they're being treated and how exhausted they are for moronic tourists exploiting them for no fucking reason. The fallout resulted in the travel company removing the activity from their tour so under Tammy's post, they wrote update, we have taken on feedback and removed the camel writing from our itinerary. They went on to share on their own Instagram account a statement that read, we want to acknowledge concerns about the camm riding during our Egypt trip. While this activity was removed from the official itinerary, it still occurred we're actively reviewing what happened and putting into places system to ensure this does not happen on future trips. Thank you for your feedback and accountability. We learn from this and push forward. But I'm so confused. They're saying that they removed the activity because it was inappropriate, but then they're saying that it still occurred. Are they trying to put blame on the tourists for going ahead with it? Well, they're not taking accountability at all. I mean, this is their fault. It's a part of their itinerary. It's on their bloody website. It's still on their website that this was a part of the planned itinerary for the Tammy Hembro trip. Yeah, it doesn't really make much sense now when you dig a little bit deeper. The abuse of animals at Egyptian tourist spots has been in the spotlight recently following a report published by Peter So. The report highlighted the cruel conditions working animals as subjected to. It found camels and horses used for tourist rides are being beaten, hit on the testicles, and denied rest. That is so disturbing. Camels in particular, all so suffer from skin conditions because they're not given adequate their treatment. And if that isn't bad enough, when animals become injured or too old to work, they are left to die behind the pyramids. Peter actually obtained footage of rotting animal corpses as well as six injured animals left to staff and according to Peter, police and a government officials are complicit in the abuse. So they allege that police have been intimidating tourists and forcing them to delete vision of abused animals from their phones. I'm just so thankful to organizations like Peter for actually shining a light on this, because I was completely unaware of it myself. And despite the Egyptian government pledging to end the abuse, nothing has happened so far. They claimed that they would launch an animal welfare program by twenty twenty four, but that is yet to happen, and Peter has continued to lobby the Egyptian government to introduce regulations for working animals within the tourism sector. Yeah, and since this report was released, a lot of tour operators in Egypt have pledged not to offer Cameral rider as part of their tours and this was only in March this year, so clearly the travel company or venturer that Tammy partner with did not. And I've only just done it now to save face. What That's the thing. Tammy is copying a lot of blame over this incident, but I also think it lies with the travel company. They have literally built a business of selling influencer run tours, so they're the ones who are the experts in the industry. They should really be doing proper research into these locations before embarking on these sort of trips. I also think some responsibility does lie with Tammy as well, though, because if you're going to put your face to a tool like this, you should do some research and find out what are the activities. Are these activities ethical?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm a bit dubious to how much of a travel guide she actually played on this trip, but considering she was being paid, she should have done her due diligence and done some research into the itinerary. This was big news. I mean again, I have to admit it wasn't something that I was aware of myself, and I'm very thankful for organizations like Peter for actually bringing awareness to these issues. But if I was going to put my name and face to a tourism activity, I do a bit of research to make sure that it was an ethical one. Well, even if you're traveling to a country, normally you will do some research into what's going on there, And particularly she has admitted that she has quite an interest in Egypt, so and I mean the Egyptian government is also to blame here, but as Peter has pointed out, it's tourists who pay to take horse or camera rids that are keeping these cruel operations in business. So people really need to reflect on what they're doing now. Tammy's Joseph clothing during her trip has also bothered some of her followers. She has been called out for not dressing appropriately in the very conservative Muslim country. In terms of her outfit, she has posted some glamorous photos of her posing in front of tourist sites, and in a few of them she wore a headscarf alongside long pants or a skirt on top, though she did wear some tight t shirts and also crop tops showing off her midriff. In another photo, she was wearing a sleeveless dress that showed a bit of side boob, and there were also some images of her at the hotel pool swimming in a bikini.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And in terms of the rules, it's advised that women dress conservatively, So while travelers aren't held to the same standard as local women, it's recommended that they wear loose fitting clothes that cover at least from your shoulder to below your knee. It's also recommended to pack long sleeve shirts to slip over your outfits for more conservative areas. Is that in the hotel though, because I think she's well within her right to wear a bikini in her hotel pool. Yeah, so she's totally allowed to wear a bikini at her hotel. There are no dramas there. While will people sew up in arms about it, it seems like they're just trying to be highly critical. Oh well, they clearly are. I mean, in terms of spots that you have to follow dress rules, you do have to wear head coverings in a mosque, so she did do that. I mean, some of her clothes were probably too tight for some of the locals. It was more just like I noticed the photos, she would have the headscarf on and she'd try and pull like a really sexy I reckon it's more the boss that she was doing. Or people were like, this just feels a bit wrong. Yeah, Well, as we've come to expect on Instagram people who are very vocal with their opinions. One person wrote, pretty sure this is cultural appropriation because you're not wearing that scarf to cover your body. Another said a holiday to Egypt or half naked is possibly one of the most tone deaf things I've ever seen. Another person added, no hate, but I would have thought showing a lot of skin in a majority Muslim country would have been considered disrespectful now. Tammy responded to that comment, saying, we were told it's fine people can wear bikinis of beach slash pools now a middle of this controversy, Tammy is back home on the Gold Coast with her kids at the moment, and she's been sharing a lot about a New Zealand trip she's got coming up with them, asking for suggestions and explaining that she's going to be taking her kids there very soon. Again, there is no mention of her husband that' z Akassi coming on the trip. What is going on? I just want them to put out a statement explaining to us that they're not together anymore. Yeah, well, her music tastes is very telling. She uploaded a video on TikTok of her mind to the Taylor Swift banger get Away Car. That is my favorite song and a bit of a fun fact. When we went to Taylor's concert in Melbourne, it was the surprise song. Well, it was one of the surprise songs. She did a medley. I was so excited when that started playing. Now, Tammy added the caption, this song is currently on replay in my head. Now. I have been trying to keep up with Tammy snapchat and the other day she was singing to get Away Car in Coles. Now, it disturbs me that Coles that started playing Taylor Swift because there's this saying that once you start liking the music in the supermarket, it means you're old. Anyway, So Tammy was miming to the song and she was saying how embarrassed her kids were. Let's throw to what she said were then to get awake. You guys should see how they're both looking at me right now.
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 1: Do you like my singing?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Like, do you know there's cameras in here? Because I just started dancing. Look if I heard Taylor Swift on it, Coles, I think I'd be singing along time who. I found it interesting the bit that she mimed too on TikTok, because it was the bit where it's I'm in the getaway car. I left you in the motel bar, put a money in the bag, and stole the key. That was the last time you ever saw me. Pretty telling. Talking about Matt Sakowski, I have been very intrigued by his podcast co host Adam macavoy's strategy when it comes to sharing about her birth. She uploaded a TikTok and Instagram reel yesterday where she said it's happening and she was miming to that viral clip that says we're having a baby. Fast forward twenty four hours, she has uploaded another video where she does this transition from normal clothes into scrubs and says we are meeting our son in thirty minutes, and a lot of people have written in saying, hey, just heads up. She actually had her son ten days ago. This is all just being rolled out now. Yeah. Well, she also dropped it she was having a planned c section, hence the timing. I'm thinking did I do my c section wrong? Because I was waiting around for ten hours to go into the operating THEA. Should I have been filming a bunch of tiktoks? Look, it was very poor form of you to not film tiktoks. But I wonder if she held off from announcing her baby news because there's been a lot of focus on Steph Klaire Smith's new daughter, Billy, which she announced on Friday last week. Yeah, I think she's definitely trying to time it when she'll get most impact in saying that we're recording late on Thursday afternoon. I bet she does it tonight and this will be old news. One.
Speaker 3: The Daily Mail loves to use my name in everything they ever write about him, which I guess is just part of what I do and my history with him.
Speaker 1: Olivia Rodgers has opened up about Howard feels seeing her ex husband Justin mckinn move on and start a family with someone else. The former Miss Universe contestant was undergoing fertility treatment in the months leading up to the couple Shocks split in October twenty twenty two, so I was really surprised to see Olivia speak about this. Yeah, She's usually pretty restrained and i'd say respectful when speaking about Justin. I mean, over the years, she has dropped a few breadcrumbs here and there and alluded to things that have gone on, but she's never given a tell all interview which explicitly says I broke up with him for this reason. It does seem like since it hit the news that he's been accused of stealing almost half a million dollars from his former employer, that she has been letting a few more details fly. Well, yeah, because I think that it's given everyone an insight into potentially what she was dealing with behind the scenes, so she hasn't really had to explain it because everyone's sort of like, oh, I get it now, it makes sense now. She is a bit of a fiend for Q and a Box, and on her podcast this week, she decided to answer listener questions. I would have loved to have known how many of these were about Justin. Yeah, all of them always have to do with her relationship. I feel like there must have just been an overwhelming amount and she was like, Okay, I've got to answer it. Because she ended up answering this question.
Speaker 2: How does it feel seeing an ex move on and start a family when you're not there yet.
Speaker 1: See you're saying that you think she may have been pressured into it because a lot of people asked I think she knows this is good content. I think she knows that questions like this she can tease on social media and get people to listen. I also think it's her story to share as well. All of these things happened to her, and as you said, Kat, I think she feels more comfortable now people know a bit more about Justin's character and what was going on behind the scenes. Now. Back in May, we have spoken about how Justin and is on again off again bachelor girlfriend Tani Leeson welcomed their son Alo, So this is obviously what this question is about. And when that news broke, I think a lot of us thought about Olivia and how she was feeling, because she's always been pretty vocal about wanting to start a family, and as you touched on, she was undergoing IVF treatment in the lead up to the couple's shock separation back in twenty twenty two, and at the time, Olivia said what she was grieving the most about that relationship was the loss of the family life she envisioned happening so soon now. Before Olivia answered the question, she preface that the only reason she's willing to open up about it is because she hoped it may help others who are navigating a similar situation, and she explained that she generally likes to avoid drama and headlines when she can and is so sick of being included in daily mail articles about Justin. She did say, though, that she can understand why they do it because she's had a history with him. Well, ultimately, he's only getting attention because of her. Yeah, now let's have a listen to how she answered this listener question.
Speaker 3: I am happy for my exes moving on. I don't feel upset when I hear about it or see anything. And genuinely, I haven't felt negative about negatively about that at all since we split.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: It really helped me to know that I had made the right decision, because I never once looked back and thought like, oh, that that could have been me, or that should be me, Like I'm so confident in this decision that I made, Like I don't think that we were a good fit for each other, and so I don't think that it would have been a good idea to have children, and I think it's really good that we didn't, so I wish them all the best. But I don't feel sad seeing that.
Speaker 1: Very mature response. I wonder if it's got anything to do with the fact. And I do hate to speculate, but I follow Tiny Lison on Instagram and it appears like Justin is nowhere to be seen. He didn't feature in the birth announcement, he didn't like it, didn't comment on it. Well, I think she must be feeling like she dodged an absolute bullet here and that she's so relieved that she listened to her gut when she did. Olivia did say that while she wasn't upset by this recent news, she'd be lying if she didn't admit that over the years she has struggled with not knowing when it's going to be her turn to have a family and feeling like she's behind and not at that life stage that she expected to be in. I also really loved in this podcast, asked how she shared two excerpts from her diary. So this was a diary that she was actually keeping in Bali when she was traveling with her other ex Morgan Waterhouse, and she said during the trip she purchased a diary because she felt like she was having a midlife or quarter life crisis and needed to write down her thoughts. So this diary entry was dated August fourth, twenty twenty three. Let's have a listen to what she wrote.
Speaker 3: Mentally, I've felt pretty good most of the time in Bali, but I've had my moments, like quite overwhelming moments where I'm questioning myself, my job, where I'm at in my life, etc. I suppose when I reflect on what's happened over the last year, it's to be expected. This time last year, I was en route to the USA with my husband and we had such a rocky trip back then in a year's time, I definitely pictured myself as a mum, married, settled, not traveling through Bali for a month old How things can change so much. A couple of days later, I wrote, I've had a great deal of self doubt lately, and this fear of aging, fear of not being where I should be out in my life, eg. Not having kids, etc. I felt sad when I saw a toddler with his young parents by the pool. Today I find myself wondering when that will be me. But I also stopped myself and remind myself that what I do have right now is pretty amazing. Being grateful helps, and I'm focusing on that.
Speaker 1: I think it's quite clear that Olivia did a lot of soul searching on this trip. Me being a massive snoop, I had to go back and look at her TikTok to see exactly who she was with on the trip, what she was doing, because while she was there with Morgan Waterhouse, she actually spent the first couple of weeks with her mum, and then she did a bit of solo traveling, and it's quite clear that she had a lot of time to be by herself and reflect. And I potentially think she did a lot of reflection on her relationship with Morgan, because when I looked back at the dates, that is around the time that he mysteriously disappeared from her feed, like right after the trip. So they went to Balley, looked like they had a great time, and then all of a sudden, everyone's like, where is it? He did a bit of a mat Zakowski and disappeared. I was in Balley at a similar time on my honeymoon, and I kept seeing all her extremely glamorous photos of them doing their little photo shoots, and I mean, I couldn't even get my husband to take one photo of me on the trip. And it's so funny because they looked so glamorous and so in love and everything was perfect, but clearly it wasn't. And I think this is really great for Olivia to share what was actually going on behind the scenes. All I could think, too, was it was very trusting of her to write down these deep personal thoughts when she was on vacation with someone relatively new. I would be worried that they would go and read it. I mean, maybe everyone isn't nosy like me and would invade someone's privacy like that, But you know, it's pretty brave to leave that lying around. If she did, I wonder if it was under lock and key. She also had the foresight to say that the reason she probably hasn't struggled with this news as much is because she's in a really great relationship now, and she also feels confident that she's frozen her eggs. So she did really gush about her new boyfriend, Hugo. She said that she genuinely thinks she's found the right person for her to have a family with. So this has got me really excited. I feel like we are on engagement watch with this couple, and I, for one, I'm ready for another epic Olivia Rodgers wedding. Hopefully she unblocks us by them, because I'd like to see the phone please, Olivia. We're big fans.
Speaker 2: Dream Case podcast. Right, yeah, yeah, you answer the question? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, what's.
Speaker 1: Up with that? After weeks of speculation and a hell of a lot of soft launching, Jojo Siwa and Chris Hughes have confirmed they are together. The pair controversially met on Celebrity Big Brother UK when the former dance mum Start was in a relationship with Ossie content creator Kath Ebbs and so for if those are not across it, can you bring us quickly up to speed? Well. As soon as Jojo and Chris met in the UK Big Brother House, it was clear that they had an instant connection, and while they did describe their bond as platonic, there were several incidents that raised concern not only amongst viewers but also their housemates. So in the house they were very physically affectionate. There were a lot of cuddles in bed, massages and head scratches, and this was very early on. There was also a bit of a weird incident in the hot tub when Jojo was sitting on Chris's lap and they were accused of sharing a forehead kiss. I love how primary school he is they kissed in the forehead. Another big moment for Jojo on the show was when she declared she'd come to this realization about her sexuality, and she said she's always told herself she's a lesbian, but being in the house made her realize that she's not a lesbian, she's queer. This was a pretty bold admission to make when your partner is outside watching on at home, because it was quite clear that this revelation ca because of her growing feelings for Chris. Yeah, and despite all of these online theories and chat about Chris and Jojo being more than friends, Kath flew over to the UK to be by JoJo's side in the finale, However, Jojo dumped Kath at the rap party just hours later. After the show, Jojo and Chris appeared on a couple of talk shows together, and they both continued to toe this line that nothing was going on and that their relationship was platonic, and they kept saying that they had a soulmate friendship, which was a bit wanky. I was like, what do you mean, you just clearly have the hots for each other. Oh, it just annoyed me because it's like, you clearly dumped your partner to be with this guy. At least be honest about it. Yeah, and all this breadcrumbing of their relationship, like JoJo's been posting all these photos of her face timing Chris and suddenly she likes drinking English tea and her new favorite meal is spaghetti who which is what Chris like? And also the way she keeps calling him Christopher, sweet Christopher. Is it because it's like I know him better because I call him his real name? Or is it because he's from the UK and she thinks it kind of sounds more sophisticated. I think it probably started off as a flirtatious thing where you can you know, oh, Christopher. I've actually become a quite a big fan of Jojo. I didn't really like her before, but I like Joel so Joel is her UK personality. She's a bit more erst and down to Earth And I don't know why, but I am actually shipping this relationship, even though I feel so sorry for Calf. I think it's because you didn't watch Love Island and you don't know who Chris Hughes is. Not that he was unlikable on the show. I really liked him, but he sounds like a bit of a cloud chaser if anything. Yeah, he's a cloud chaser. I mean he's been with that girl from Little Mix, what was a Jesse from Little Mix? Like he's been Olivia Utwood. Yeah, he's been with a lot of high profile women and Jojo sewat is not his typical type. I have seen people on TikTok saying, can you imagine if Jojo Sewah popped up on his series of Love Island, he would be he was a child then yeah, but if she was, you know, the same mate, would he be taking it to the fire pit to have a chat? No, he wouldn't. We don't know. I mean they might have clicked on this personality level that we're not deep enough to get. Oh, we don't think Chris Hughes is interested in the amount of followers that she has. Now he's an international name. Well, last week they looked like they were getting very cozy because Jojo returned to the UK to perform a series of shows there and they both uploaded a ton of photos with their arms wrapped around each other, and Jojo shared that Chris got her all of these little birthday presents. And Jojo took it a step further when she performed the cover of Betty Davis Eyes for her UK fans and she changed the lyrics to say, Chris Hughes eyes. We actually spoke about this on the Subs episode last week. Again, it's also performative and intention seeking. Yeah, a lot of people are thinking that this is a publicity's done. And on Sunday, Chris all but confirmed their relationship with a photo that he shared to Snapchat. So it was kind of this seedy looking blurred photo where Jojo was lying across his chest in bed and he was shirtless and she was sort of pretending to be asleep, which everyone was like, oh my god, and he captured the photo sleeping beauty.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 1: It's just so attention seeking, isn't it. Did you see people say it looked like a newborn shoe, maybe because of the age gap, but a few days later, during an interview with the Guardian, Jojo finally confirmed the news. So she was straight up asked by a journo whether the relationship was romantic or platonic, and after what the journalist said was a full twenty seconds of silent grinning, Jojo said she is currently dating Chris, who she refers to as sweet Christopher. She said, it's not platonic anymore, and it's been a beautiful development, a beautiful connection, and I'm absolutely head over heels for him, and he's the same way. A bit awkward to be like, Oh, he's head over heels for me. I think she's saying that though, because a lot of the commentary has been that he looks like he's trapped and he's fucked up. Yeah, I've seen those online now. When asked if this was all for press attention, Jojo said, clearly, you've never been around us. I won't speak for him, but for me personally, the happiness in my life just radiates off me right now. Literally yesterday I was massaging my cheeks. I've never been in pain from smiling so much. Kay, I want to know, have you ever been in a relationship with your cheeks was so sore from smiling. I remember when I started dating Reese that I was pretty happy with myself because we started with a platonic friendship as well. So maybe it's when you've known the person and finally you get to be with them. Well, so you actually were having to massage your cheeks because you were smiling that much. No, I wasn't, but I was genuinely pretty thrill with right.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying, like the performance of it all, because I've actually seen her when she was performing on stage, and I think it was when she did the whole Chris Hughes eyes thing. There's a clip of her actually massaging her cheeks because Chris was in the crowd and just saying, I just so happy. I don't know, to me, is that a bit much? This is how girls of this age act. They get head over heels rush into this relationship. I mean, I don't know how logistically it's going to work. He's a thirty two year old English guy. Well, there's been a lot of discussion about this age gap between them, and also debate about how much Chris knew about JoJo's music career before they met, because a lot of people have called him opportunistic, but others have pointed out that because he doesn't really fit into her gen Z demographic, maybe he was unaware of her public persona because I've kept seeing all these dick dogs or people are like, the second he gets out of the house and sees the Karma clip, He's like, holy fuck all. I hardly think he was being strategic about it. She literally entered the house as a lesbian with a partner. I mean, you'd have to have pretty big tickets on yourself to think, oh yeah, oh winner. Over that being said, Kath dropped a pretty interesting insight on their podcast. They were interviewed by Claire Stevens, and they revealed that before Jojo went into the house, they actually mentioned the whole Drew and Tully scenario which Tully entered the house in a relationship with a woman and then obviously she cheated Withdrew, and the fact that Jojo actually knew about it. I was like, isn't that bizarre? It is bizarre. But do I think that she purposely carried it out to get attention? No? No, I think she genuinely really likes Chris. I think that there's a genuine connection there. Well, JoJo's had a pretty good test for Chris to see if he's in this for the long haul and whether he is getting cringed out by some of her behavior, because she decided to show him a viral clip that has been haunting her for over a year now. So in the clip, Jojo is being interviewed on the red carpet and she's wearing face paint, which resembles what the guys from Kiss were. Let's have a listen to what she said in the interview real yes to my podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I mean, honestly, let's my think, not one of my axes.
Speaker 1: I actually had to watch this a few times to get it because it wasn't obvious to me. I had to read the comments, and basically people were ripping into her because she thought what she responded was really funny and kind of stepped back to be like, oh wow, well I think, And it wasn't well I think because she said it so enthusiastically dream Guests and my podcast, and I think it was also done to what she was wearing. Now, someone else who was confused by this clip was Chris Hughes. Let's have a listen to what he said about it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't get it. I don't get it. Perfect dream case on my podcast, right, yeah, yeah you answered the question. Yeah, yeah, yeah, what's up with that? You know, just my voice and what I looked like. People just love to pick on me though. Yeah, when you get like when you get when you get into something, your voice rasty, can you try to say dream guess my podcast the way that I did in that video? Dream yess on my podcast? Yeah? What do you think of that?
Speaker 1: Is it Halloween thing?
Speaker 2: No thing? No? That was no nice. I like it, Thank you, Bob. It's different, thank you. It was That's what I looked like in the Karma music video. So oh yes, yeah, you're just doing that. I like it on your chin, it goes from your chin through Yeah, dream yess on my podcast. Oh god here.
Speaker 1: Issues.
Speaker 2: Yeah I didn't either, but the world had a lot of fun with it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He sounded so cute, like I can see why she's into him. Like his response was very darling. Yeah, I feel like he answered it so diplomatically. That shows someone who is in their thirties, he's tuned a lot of girls before. Well, he would give you the ick though, wouldn't it. Oh? I love how he's like, I like that little thing on your chin, like that looks good? What the fuck is this? Well? I got myself here. I've just been thinking about poor Cath in all of this and how they're faring, because in their recent podcast, it was recorded when they still believe that this relationship was platonic and nothing was going on. This week, Kath did share a TikTok of them dancing with text over the top that said shaking my ass instead of crashing the fuck out, and then caption the post happy Pride month Now. Followers were quick to assume that Kath was taking a swipe at Jojo, so one user wrote, or perhaps move on she has, to which Kath responded, I think it's time you move on. I have. Another said I'm happy for Joe, to which Cath said same. This has nothing to do with her wishing them the best. This is very layered and I agree with what Kath said in their podcast. If their relationship with Jojo was a heterosexual one, then Jojo would have been the villain and Chris would have been painted as a home wrecker. Yeah, Whereas because Jojo was in a lesbian relationship. People are like, oh, well, you know, she's seen the light. She wants a man. That's exactly what people are viewing this as, which invent Tree has been repulsive online, Like I don't even want to repeat some of the things that have been said, but it's oh, you know, she's had a factory reset now, Like it's absolutely appalling, and I can't believe in this day and age people actually share that opinion. And then people try and make excuses like, oh, they were only together for a couple of months. It's like, so what, this was a legitimate relationship. One person has emotionally cheated, And while I don't think it's fair to have some witch hunt, I do think though, we should have some sympathy for Kath, who was mourning their relationship. You can also see from the way that Jojo is with Chris, she goes from zero to one hundred very quickly. Yeah, as she seems like a bit of a love bomber. I'm guessing maybe she was like that with Kath Ebbs as well. Let's get into our Friday debrief and it's been a big week for me as a mum because Jack took his first steps so on Wednesday night, we always have family dinner at my parents' house, and he'd kind of been standing up and kind of going back and forth on one foot, and I was like, he's so close, He's going to do it. So he actually ended up walking towards Amy. Amy had a soft toy penguin in front of her and coaxed him across whilst I was filming, and it was just such a magical moment. Everyone was so proud and cheering him on, and he looked so impressed with himself. It was so exciting, and I love that we actually captured it on video. I feel like we've always got our cameras rolling because you also got a moment of him pulling Harry's dummy out and Harry just looking so shocked. Oh, it was so funny because he did it the other day. Amy greeted us at the door, and it was like Jack was like, yank, thank you, and it was like pop out of his mouth. But at least he did say tar It's very polite. I honestly feel this week like time is going so quickly. I think it's because I officially received my C section date and there is a bit of a story behind it, but we roughly share about that once the baby is born, because it's quite funny. But yeah, it's just all feeling more real now that I can count down the days. And I think it's scary also because we're like, fuck, like Amy's gonna have to come back. I'm gonna go and leave. Like it's all becoming more real. You've only just got into this routine of going to your house. Now. I'm like, I'm gonna be back recording with Amy. Michelle Andrews from Shameless is filling me with a bit of confidence because she's returned three weeks postpartum on the podcast, and I'm like, maybe I can come back that quickly too. Well, I don't want to burst your bubble or anything, but she was missing from the next one and Anna bell Lee had to step in. I think someone was sick or something. Well she was back Thursday, so I mean, good on her, Like, it's pretty amazing she's been able to come back. She's had so much going on. I think we'll be able to come back and record a little bit because to break down the fourth wall, the recording bit is the easy bit, like it's the research doing the run sheet editing, you know, doing all the extra workoutside of actually recorded. Yeah, it's a tough bit. Do you know What's thrown me that we have a long weekend coming up, so it is the King's birthday and I want to put it out there. We are going to be releasing our final installment of our Sarah's Day deep dive. We've had so many dms asking when is the last installment coming out? Probably not the best timing after the flag that got for Tuesday's episode. Look, there were a lot of opinions out there. Clearly our opinion wasn't in the majority. Look, I remember saying during that segment that Sarah's Day was quite aware of how many feathers she was going to ruffle. I didn't realize my opinion would come across as so controversial, but evidently it did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's what it's all about having an opinion podcast. You're not always going to align with listener's opinions, and I think that's what makes it in enjoyable people sharing their opinion. I really enjoyed reading the group discussion because, like ah, a lot of people that send their kids to school actually like no holidays are more important. That's the thing. I mean. People did point out that we're obviously not at that life stage where we're sending kids to school, so we're not school mums ourselves. No, I'll probably be thinking, oh okay, I might take a holidays during the term. Well. The thing that I also found really interesting in the Facebook discussion in our group was a lot of people saying that different states have different rules in terms of when kids start school. So for us in South Australia, most kids start school the year that they turned five, so that's why we were saying that we were quite surprised that Fox started at six. We've since had parents writing in saying that most of their kids do start school at six and it's really important for boys in particular to reach a maturity level where they feel confident and able to start. So it did open up some interesting discussions and points of view that I wasn't across. Yeah, I learned a lot about it and found it really helpful considering I have a son and I was like, God, when is he going to Yeah, we were doing the sums because with our kids being around a year apart, we were like, hold on a second, so Harry could go to school with my son, or he could go to school with Jack. So we try to do them bath It's a shame it's not our sons that are going in the same year because we live close by, like we could have shared the pickup and drop offs. I'm probably good for them then when we can still do that, they've just been different classes. Anyway, we hope you have an amazing long weekend, and thank you so much again for listening to Outspoken. We do really appreciate the support. If you do want to help us out, we would love it if you could leave us a review and make sure you're subscribed on Apple Podcasts and Spotify. This episode was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Planes. We pay respect to elders past and present.