Speaker 1: Imagine, if you will, that you are in a place of great beauty. Some teenage boys walk past you, they yell out, they bitch tits. The world you see is a place of paradox of beauty and cruelty. It will cut you off of the knees, then gift you a pair of easies. And that, my friends, is why you always always need a buck up.
Speaker 2: They did dip di de di dee.
Speaker 3: I bat it bat.
Speaker 2: The first annoying noise of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: I'm fighting my clue bubble. It's fresh, it's like a maracca.
Speaker 2: It's cold, it's going down real nice.
Speaker 3: How lucky, mate, Valvet, Welcome to twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Funk hate lame Brook.
Speaker 4: I actually missed everyone in the studio, Miss Sash.
Speaker 2: You didn't think I would. And I did that one in that one.
Speaker 3: What's her name?
Speaker 2: Oh Sad, don't read the world, Prad.
Speaker 3: She came back, say Happy New Year, Sash, Happy New Year. That's another And so mote it be many weeks apart, So many weeks looking for my buck.
Speaker 2: Wherever I can without you, I.
Speaker 4: Didn't find it. You couldn't have a lot of food. I tried to feel the buck voyage.
Speaker 3: What did you start with?
Speaker 2: I told Sash in the lift on the way up. She must have loved that conversation I have. I haven't stopped eating. I haven't stopped eating. Sid's December. I just have not. Oh no, because my friend Blake, Hello Blake, if you're listening, goes to me. You love this. This is when you know.
Speaker 4: You've eaten too much in December January? Be honest, Yeah, he goes, Have you had cheek fill er? Know you areshole food?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: How devastating with the whole world is getting buckle fat? You're hanging around the plastic surgeon going hello.
Speaker 2: Fatness, bag filler up?
Speaker 4: So I said, it's Christmas cheer, it's it's December and January.
Speaker 2: Fun You said that?
Speaker 3: Does he listen?
Speaker 2: No, probably doesn't, isn't it? It does mean why wouldn't.
Speaker 4: He is at university getting his diploma of singing.
Speaker 2: Oh my heart made up singing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyone at university graduated, anyone trying to better themselves in this world. So when I left the house, So there's a guy called Toby. Hello Toby, who okay used to work for Peter's cousin. Peter's cousin started gardening business, so he used to do our garden, got it. He sold his business and he sold Toby with the to the new guy who's taken over the gardening business. But they still do our garden.
Speaker 4: They sell it to Jim. No, not GM, Jim Dom.
Speaker 2: Three letter gardeners.
Speaker 3: It was Ben Jim Dom. And you cannot have the more. It's like in Europe.
Speaker 2: It's been four weeks.
Speaker 3: In Europe. Yes, all the cleaner's names and in oh and they're all Eastern European. Yeah, Magdalena, Madelina, Selena, they're all ina names.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, it's not really the way it works, but I get it's just I'm desperate for the source. Jim dog wash. Now Jim's doing dog.
Speaker 3: Washing, washing dog dog for how long since people wouldn't let him let him touch their pussies.
Speaker 2: He's gone it just had dogs to your.
Speaker 3: House clean, not touching puss.
Speaker 2: No, just dogs.
Speaker 3: No puss doesn't get touched.
Speaker 2: Their pulls cleaned. I've never had one. No, No one gets it.
Speaker 3: It's their self cleaning. That's the beauty goes blue anyway. Smart So Toby arrived at our house as I was getting ready to come here today, right, and so it was the first time I've had to leave the house in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: But you're very, very tanned. I'm so tanned. You are complete legal tin.
Speaker 4: You are a completely different color since I last.
Speaker 3: You know that I don't believe in some block right, and as a consequence of which I'll show you. But no, sorry, let me correct myself.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you're not going to.
Speaker 3: Wear some block and I don't believe, I'm not advocating it for anybody. Okay, you also have to not wear sunglasses?
Speaker 2: Are cooking wear cooking? Cooking?
Speaker 3: Cook what happens? Haven't I wear sunglasses?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's I think proven to be false. But you know what, I'm not here.
Speaker 2: I'm not yucking your yarm this year notes.
Speaker 4: Okay, so just figured out what our relationship is, what your threads or Twitter? And I'm community notes just popping up underneath staying all.
Speaker 2: These little legs.
Speaker 3: But I quite liking I like community.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's my quick you know what you actually are? What your what?
Speaker 3: Zuckerberg old school Facebook censorship and the truth?
Speaker 4: Excuse me. Zuckerbird came out the other week and said you can see whatever you want now take.
Speaker 2: That gaze old school zuckerbar. So now it's going the government made me do it.
Speaker 3: I didn't what it think that the truth.
Speaker 2: The government made me do it. Muddy.
Speaker 3: I'm a great guy. Now I get into smoking my own meats. Look at my smoke, Osian wife. I'm so international, and he's here. I don't think that's a natural purse.
Speaker 2: He's gone natural. You know what?
Speaker 4: Go back to the hair straight and it doesn't look good. You can't take a man with hair like that, seriously, I.
Speaker 3: Love about you or all the things to despise zuckful or yeah.
Speaker 4: That so like gay people on Facebook whatever, and I'm look at his hair.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's all right, that's her right.
Speaker 2: He'll never come for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Toby's at my house and he's come to see Peter.
Speaker 2: Not to do your garden.
Speaker 3: No, he's come to pick something, aren't okay?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 3: What I don't know, he knows I'm interested.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I literally don't know. I just went on high.
Speaker 4: I couldn't think of I couldn't think of a single thing. I would go to someone's house to pick up.
Speaker 3: What year is this again? Petrol? Something is left behind a tool tool, A rake has something an implement it with.
Speaker 4: You when you tell a story. The more questions I asked the correct okay.
Speaker 2: Petrol strange?
Speaker 3: Okay, but you think you think Toby is strange because they put it in moers and stuff.
Speaker 4: I know how petrol work.
Speaker 2: Bird know why he would need petrol? Do you think that's odd? Why did he leave it there? Or why is your husband? God, they're always loading.
Speaker 3: No, he would have had Toby anyway after. Why do you find it ludacrisic garden would have petrol?
Speaker 4: That's insane that your husband's selling petrol.
Speaker 3: Not selling or something.
Speaker 2: Man, it's a rake. I didn't ask what it was. I just went.
Speaker 3: I opened the door as I was literally about to walk out there, and then I was like, because you know, this is a thing with Australians if you've got any staff, right, I'm no good with staff. The concept, Oh you got a cleaner? No, don't you have a cleaner? You're so gay?
Speaker 2: Who has a cleaner? Got a cleaner? How often?
Speaker 3: Once a week?
Speaker 2: Oh that's good, we need one. Don't say we don't need one, we just don't come. But also you're too gay? Men? What's that mean?
Speaker 3: You don't what would they clean just scrubbing. It's all the scrubby you would were there's six of us. It's the happiest time. It's the happiest time of the.
Speaker 2: When the cleaner comes. What does everyone do in the house, very son, do you do a pre clean clean? Of course?
Speaker 3: My husband makes everybody pick everything up off the floor.
Speaker 2: He's such a teacher. How long he's officially a teacher hinder this year?
Speaker 3: Okay anyway, Yeah, so we clean for the cleaner because Peter goes, which it enrages me. Cleaning for the cleaner.
Speaker 2: I'm like, why I just can't I just let just you know, I just it's let you be.
Speaker 3: Underpants what in which the elastic has gone? You know they're terrible underpants. But make this so comfortable. That's how I am when the cleaners come, right, what do you do? I don't have to suck it in. You said, we were always out of the house, so you just can't be in the house when people it's an Australian to be in the house while the cleaner is there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's also like when you're at a hotel and the cleaner comes, you've got to go. You can't sit there and watch when they clean the hotel.
Speaker 3: We lie there. Yeah, anyway, So yeah, people have got stuff. People people who come and fold Washington got the dog. What about you've got staff who walks?
Speaker 4: He takes your dog twice a week, hello, Chris, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: So his staff, yeah's staff for want of a better word, what do you call them? Help you with their life? He's a human being, Kate, Oh, no, they're not.
Speaker 3: Mae, No, they're not anyway, Rob anyway, No to lovely Toby. Toby is a beautiful guy. So we've known him for a long time. So when he arrived for some reason, because he arrives in his king g shorts and he always looks beautiful and tanned in his he's a cleanup because he's an outdoor man gardners.
Speaker 2: God, so confused.
Speaker 3: He's not me.
Speaker 2: His story is a lot of information. Continue.
Speaker 3: Well, we've just taken some highways and byways, mainly byways anyway. So I was very conscious of the fact that some people might think I don't work. H do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Often I'm at home.
Speaker 3: I'm at home hours when other people are not.
Speaker 2: It's hard to explain our jobs to people. Correct anyway, So I was fair because we don't know what I went.
Speaker 3: So I walked out. Peter was out on the front door when I hired Toby. Happy New Year. He goes, Hi, I go, I say to Peter, anyway, I'm off to work. Such a strange thing.
Speaker 2: No, normally say that.
Speaker 3: No, who would say that? He knows where I'm going.
Speaker 2: I gave him a kiss and then Toby says to me, do you always take a bottle of calouet walking my bag? Bag only? And like, anyway, I'm going to work.
Speaker 3: Toby, you probably stopped work two hours ago.
Speaker 2: But look, I'm going to work now. You work at night. I work at night.
Speaker 3: And it's massive, it was a huge. Well it's a duty free one.
Speaker 2: Anyway. That's how what brought me here today.
Speaker 4: And here it is Cheers to twenty twenty five to Kalua and our buckheads.
Speaker 3: And our buckheads.
Speaker 2: And you met in.
Speaker 4: Bronzick Heads a couple of weeks ago. There popping up everywhere.
Speaker 3: The area is littered with them, because remember when I was up there for the party, they were there.
Speaker 2: This is so email. Buttle did a show there a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 4: And this is why bronzick Heads is a sweet spot to be and it is a perfect mix of.
Speaker 2: Money and not money. Yes, beautiful, so therefore it thrives.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of linen, yeah, but also anti everywhere you look.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bring it on, But in fact linen's the great equalizer up there. Well, linen slash hemp a different on the stand, but in the not in the rumple. No, they're all rump or still skins up there, and you can't tell if they're loaded or headed to the Lismore markets. You cannot tell.
Speaker 4: And being with buttles so funny when you're traveling with lesbian they love telling you when things are a flood plane. I know so much about the inner workings of all the new South Wales Southeast Queensland coast, and that is a floodplane.
Speaker 2: They're in Lismore time. She was talking about the Lismore flood plan.
Speaker 3: We all know that a terrible part.
Speaker 2: But then she's telling me the ins and outs of what she'd be telling the residents.
Speaker 4: And because wearing Melbourn's got a flood morning on the bomb app and we're.
Speaker 2: Up there it was raining so much. She was like, this is exciting.
Speaker 3: Riddle me this because she's really deep in it. Yeah, is what what were that app? Do?
Speaker 2: She use bomb bomb dot?
Speaker 3: Okay, she's not a real lesbian.
Speaker 2: You don't think so.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I think they've really got They've got to others to other ones. It's like when traveling, Yes, John smowing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jim's pussy cleaning.
Speaker 3: No, it's like when you're traveling, go on a car and if they just use maps like I do.
Speaker 2: They've got ways. The ways fit people.
Speaker 4: Cody bomb dot gve dot you ap so good enough for Cody when he's going to ride his bike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he uses Windy.
Speaker 4: Call him windy and his wind trick it up with the wind direction arrows and you can zoom in on the street and it tells you the wind direction, so we can work out his bike riding.
Speaker 3: How is he and how is your year?
Speaker 2: Bless? Can I tell you about our new happy Year?
Speaker 3: When did he come back?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: He had Christmas apart, Yes, he went up to Stratti. Yeah, laughed so much South Straight broke did you bother to?
Speaker 2: I know I was laughing too much because I don't know as you know, I mean Island Southland? Can I be fair the North Islands of New Zealand is a little bit more dramatically different than the one island. Madman did tell me, though, what do you go there?
Speaker 4: He goes, I don't understand abou queenslanders so weird with water. He goes, something something's coming, So did you swim? We can't swim that part, idiot. A woman got taken by hammerhead sharks two years ago.
Speaker 2: You've got a hit.
Speaker 3: Are you there near the park?
Speaker 4: Why are you going to the place where a woman was killed by hammerhead sharks?
Speaker 3: True, Grant, I mean people bull sharks like nature. Maybe I've got the shark and it wouldn't be a hammy head. I don't know what shark it was, but any who, White Point, I laughed, Grayns.
Speaker 2: I laughed a lot because his mother goes Gail book the year com Yes, what did she do? God?
Speaker 4: He said to me, your peak of his family Christmas holiday in a single bunk bed with his mum on the one underneath and his stepdad and the other one on the other side.
Speaker 2: They didn't.
Speaker 4: She filled a gather with bunk beds for everyone.
Speaker 2: Everything she didn't mean too, I think.
Speaker 4: So it was that all camp to that all camping there's no other way to do it. There I've been told on the bit therein.
Speaker 2: Either bit therein with the hammerhead shot, which is where they must stand a better option than a bunk.
Speaker 3: That reminds me years ago we were driving to Queensland with my mum and dad and we all stayed in a family room in a motel. This will not made. Then boyfriend had to watch my mother get ready for bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Watching someone's mom is a level event to get ready for bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 4: Nineties moisturizers, Yeah, flannel nights, happening my.
Speaker 3: Hair up, things with stockings, half stockings, hungover shower.
Speaker 2: I'm getting in my head.
Speaker 4: I'm picturing really old school thick moisturizer on the face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. She doesn't believe in that because she's got because she's got the Jamaican skin and black jn't cracks. She doesn't believe face products. I've never used anything except to stringent on my face.
Speaker 2: And then stunning, stunning anyone New Year's Eve?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, where were you? So? Had he come back from.
Speaker 4: The family, Yeah, and then we had to squeeze in his fortieth don't forget in the twenty eight years yeah, I was back on the twenty seven figure out for drinks and the twentyeth's or just too much.
Speaker 2: That's stupid birthday, that's stupid date.
Speaker 3: As you know, I'm still reeling from my husband in his December birthday and the month of celebrations that preceded the month of celebration.
Speaker 4: Very small get together, A couple of drinks and city went home to ours. He had his crew. I said good night to everyone and a hypop to sleep.
Speaker 2: Did you that's that's me?
Speaker 3: And what did they do?
Speaker 2: Go for a bike ride?
Speaker 4: Job on Windy Yells.
Speaker 2: Let's go, don't forget your high? Is there?
Speaker 4: So this was the first year ever that I literally did nothing.
Speaker 2: I've never not done anything on.
Speaker 3: So a girlfriend of mine did that for the first I.
Speaker 4: Have never not done nothing ever, proper nothing. But we did do one thing, very romantic. Cody and I we took de worming table.
Speaker 2: Were you like, we're not taking these parasites into the yeah, chocolate flavored? Yes, they were. Always could not wait to talk to you about this. A couple of months ago, we're catching up with our friends and a friend dropped that she does because she's a school teacher.
Speaker 3: She does they have every six months? Yeah, yeah, and I don't know why. And if you've got a dog, you're also right.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I found it so funny.
Speaker 3: I've got tank Wader, right, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Why we found it so funny.
Speaker 4: We just found it very funny that a friend would just randomly tell the table she worms twice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 4: But then it kind of swung around to Cody and I because then it turned to us that we've never done it, and you've got a dog who've never done it in my forty one years of no do you know what?
Speaker 2: I had done it either?
Speaker 3: And also you know, we had kids, little kids, and people were always like, they're riddled with worms.
Speaker 2: I never had one.
Speaker 3: I only did it for the first time, Sush. Can you remember when we did? It wasn't that long ater, So you did it together like all of you do.
Speaker 4: But apparently you're not like sometimes you just don't know you've got them.
Speaker 2: And there's all those stories people say that, right, I know, if you've got them, what does it matter. That's a good point.
Speaker 4: But anyway, we freaked out.
Speaker 2: You have maybe I have on did.
Speaker 3: Either of you have any of the symptoms, just.
Speaker 2: A single symptom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what they really are.
Speaker 3: Worse actually going to the chemist.
Speaker 4: My friend did tell me that her kid had it.
Speaker 3: She had Yeah, that's right, that's how you always know.
Speaker 4: And was like screaming, Ye, little butt was so itchy. So none of that. We got like panicked, like, but we better d worm Yeah, so you did.
Speaker 2: But I got embarrassed. I didn't want to go into the chemists warehouse.
Speaker 3: But chemis's ware house is fine and gets a tablets. Those people are so ground down by the standing on concrete floors all day.
Speaker 4: They don't sell vitamins. Yeah, Betney spears perfume.
Speaker 3: Just coming at them, coming at them, those pink.
Speaker 4: Hello to the buckheads. If you're working in a chemist warehouse, we appreciate I see you, we love you. I'm sorry that I didn't come into your business. I ordered the chocolate flavored de worming tablets online. Yes, they arrived a couple of days later in the post, and we.
Speaker 3: Or them from just a chemist's warehouse on just to have any embarrassment at all, seven dollars ninety nine delivery fee was worth it.
Speaker 4: I don't want some random person. Chim's thinking, I have an itchy but I know you.
Speaker 2: To my buddies, pristine, are you string? I'm not allowed to eat ice out of your mouth. Out of your mouth, that's the beauty of vice.
Speaker 3: It's gone. Am I also not allowed to drink water because that's what just happened.
Speaker 4: That was uns with d wormed and welcome hive.
Speaker 2: What a buck. And also that's such a good tip.
Speaker 3: If the something that embarrasses you to order and all that, that's because remember you told me once that's how you order your extra, extra, extra small condom.
Speaker 4: What you got me, you got me. But then when I said to you about me taking something I can't wait to tell you about.
Speaker 2: You said your husband took something.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Peter alan Lewis has worms, no, because nothing can could survive what that man has put himself through. Like he's very relaxed.
Speaker 2: Ye, he's just what do worms want?
Speaker 3: He likes a party right now, I hasten to add. He's very responsible, always scoring at basketball, never misses a never misses an obligation or an appointment, an appointment, and the kids all the bills, Bill's admin blah blah blah. Right, So when he cuts loose, he likes to cut loose. So New Year's Eve, we were down at the beach and we were in our little cottage, which, like the Magic Pudding, expanded to take twenty people.
Speaker 4: Okay, I want to stop you right there. I forgot to bring this up. You posted an Instagram video on Christmas or New Year's around that time. Yes, everyone go to Kate's profile right now to have a look at it. It was I thought it was a taalstra ad. It was so perfect.
Speaker 2: Guitar. I was watching it, going, it's just a I thought it was.
Speaker 3: A no, it was madness and it was that.
Speaker 2: Was news e that quid popped. It popped off.
Speaker 3: Okay, so those girls who were.
Speaker 2: Singing, did you rehearse that video?
Speaker 3: Don't think nothing. I just actually found my phone for the first time in three days and we I'll do a video.
Speaker 2: I felt like it was rehearsed.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it was gorgeous, it was awesome, and we had the most beautiful invite for me. So another guy there totally there were two games.
Speaker 3: Hello coming peer.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, you know you're totally on. I had to d one.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're totally invited. The point is we had Okay, so we had twenty people in this little house.
Speaker 2: It's a little fire brokes. Okay.
Speaker 3: Peter had put up a tent for Sunday, had brought three of her friends. It always had brought his girlfriend friends of ours. Had come from Sydney, and it was his year that he had his kids.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: So they another mate, Larry Chronic came.
Speaker 2: Larry came. Yeah, okay, Larry feeling.
Speaker 3: Sarry Chronic Jr. Because that too much to say anyway, So then it was Peter's brother and sister came down. They were on a bike ride, riding along an old rail trail or whatever. They said they were coming for years. Ere they rode over and we had Artie and all our kids were there. Everyone anyway, and there was someone else I can't remember. Anyway, the girls decided they wanted to do a concert, but everyone so someone was making cocktails and someone everyone was busy bang up for.
Speaker 2: Everyone had something to do in that video.
Speaker 3: And so the girls were getting all nervous that they decided the day before they were going to do a concerts. So they had decided two Taylor Swift songs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gypsy sing did I say gypsy Gypsy?
Speaker 3: Did I say, Kate?
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying, is this gypsy? Yeah? Gypsy? She can sing Gypsy Lee Rodgers and she can sing yeah. Of course she's a singer. I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Aren't you following her on Instagram? Oh my god, she's got the most gorgeous like her mom.
Speaker 2: Well, let's get her in little number on the Bible. She totally would.
Speaker 3: Our next live show will have either or both.
Speaker 2: Of them, mother daughter duo.
Speaker 3: Heavenly anyway. But the bizarre thing was Gipsy didn't want to sing Sunday who's like me? Absolutely tone death but not even with my love of performing. She decided she was going to be our mate anyway. Then, so they all sang, why was I telling you?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 2: Everyone? So after Peter made a fire it was cold that night.
Speaker 3: We're down in opposite Wilson's prom which is a place so it's full of snakes.
Speaker 2: And inclement weather. Awesome.
Speaker 3: We always pretend to Sash there's no snakes, because she can't handle the snakes. New Zealand them that you didn't come this summer. Such I can tell you there was two snake sightings.
Speaker 2: Oh bad snakes. Not on our property.
Speaker 3: Snakes are There's no good snakes in Australia, isn't there. So there was a brown in the neighbors old Dons across the road, and then one day the middle house in which the cookers came to stay. Who make me look like me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, make me look like you?
Speaker 3: Like so full On Monday she came to borrow a bottle of vinegar so she could burn it to get rid of the chem trails. And we were always.
Speaker 2: Like, we weren't sure. Yeah, I love her, love her. You can burn Vinnie to get rid of kemp trail.
Speaker 3: She goes, can you see the circle above my head? She goes, you know it ain't no halo. Anyway, the point was it was madness and all sorts of things were happening at this party. The kids were there, but they've grown up, so the girls were drinking and data DA and the younger boys. It's a cool mom, yarn, he had no, never been a cool mom, never mom, no, no.
Speaker 4: My mother Lyn used to say, well, if you're going to do marijuana, or if you're going to drink alcohol, you will do it in the backyard with me and your father alone. You can have six friends over and I don't have a joint.
Speaker 3: I don't leaving that. But guess who does Peter? Peter, she does because he told a cool teacher, Yanni, that he could have a drink.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, y but he's fifteen, I legal drinking a please. I don't like your parents with your parents, all I know.
Speaker 3: And so with Peter, We've got an iconic photo of him when he was fourteen. His brother had got him drunk at a barbecue and he's wearing a string of sausages as a necklace.
Speaker 4: I have and I'll post it on the buck up inside. I photo of them of the first time I had alcohol, when Mum and Dad let me have a few friends over and a bit of alcohol, and I had like half a UDL and then I passed out in the gutter.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So my point is, I've got a fifteen year old having his first beer, yes, with the girls, and the girls took over and ran Peter's bar because beer is fine.
Speaker 2: Peter came to the fire. We're all having a great time.
Speaker 3: I don't know where I was when this happened, but someone came to get me and I came down.
Speaker 2: By to the fire.
Speaker 3: The fire by the way, was an old washing machine tub traditional traditional, That's how we roll in our asbestos houses. That's how we have fire. Right anyway, Peter's sitting by the fire.
Speaker 2: There's a few people. I'm like, what's happened?
Speaker 3: Peter was the color of a cotton on pure white T shirt when it's linen washed Brunswick head linen white. Yeah, when it's been washed bleach brown brown. It was a terrible color. And his shirt was drenched with sweat, And I'm like, what's happened?
Speaker 2: Marshes or something?
Speaker 3: Well you think so, you know what he had?
Speaker 2: He had his zin what some sort of worming tublet in one.
Speaker 3: Of those Swedish tobacco pouches that our eldest son Lewis, who doesn't drink, doesn't do me any doesn't have any vices. So when I was running around with him on on chrol Z, I think z i j in was zaid i in zin there Swedish anyway, when he said to me tobacco, Yeah, tobacco, just tobacco set in a pouch and you put under your gum.
Speaker 2: I think that was chouch.
Speaker 3: That was terrible. Have you watched that Joco by the way, which one about a VICI? Oh, no, one, there's a lot rip, there's a lot they're not telling.
Speaker 2: Us about him. Yeah, okay, well okay.
Speaker 3: So when when I was shopping with Lewis on Boxing No on Christmas Eve, he said to me, Mam, I want to get some Zin. I was so happy that he wanted something.
Speaker 2: Different you can't get from chemist.
Speaker 3: Just something that wasn't wholesome, that I went I shoving into the nearest redly tobacconist. We go in there, the guy goes, I don't have zims, but why don't you buy these? They're exactly the same.
Speaker 2: Are they?
Speaker 3: Five times the strength of Zin's. So Peter had put one in his gum. He said, I've had the greatest five minutes of my life. Then he collapsed and.
Speaker 2: Had to be shouldered off.
Speaker 3: He was in a flop suit, his his shirked, absolutely drenched with sweat. He was nearly had a heart attack tobacco. So his two elder sons put his arms out of them like something from World War two Jesus, and had to carry their father in and lay him on the bed. He was having heart palpitations and vomiting. And then I had to come in and wipe his brow with a.
Speaker 2: Lion in your video.
Speaker 3: No, but at that point I couldn't find my phone again, and he didn't even see New Year's Eve. The party had to continue about him.
Speaker 2: I have never.
Speaker 3: Known my husband.
Speaker 2: Your son took it.
Speaker 3: Well, Lewis said. Yeah, Lewis was giving them to people, but people were like, we don't want them, they're no good. One of our other friends who was there, Gracie, had taken one and that made her thrower.
Speaker 2: So they were all these yeah, they were too strong, strong.
Speaker 3: And then when Lewis felt so terrible and he kept going up and saying I'm sorry, just staring drenched with sweat, with the face the color of an undercooked pancake. It was so terrible.
Speaker 2: And then when Peter said, the next.
Speaker 3: Day, you know what was great, Okay, leaning kids.
Speaker 2: He woke up early and he did all the clean love it. So then we came up with a strategy.
Speaker 3: You must poison someone at every New Year's Eve party.
Speaker 4: Zin pouches are highly addictive. It may increase cardio vascular disease risk in people not already using nicotine. Okay, teens and young adults who do not smoke or vapor should avoid this product, all right.
Speaker 3: So when Peter seed, I had the best five minutes. By the way, zin's illegal.
Speaker 2: Zin is not legal in Australia. That's why the.
Speaker 3: Guy didn't happen, Lewis said, when Peter said, he had it in for five minutes, so.
Speaker 2: It was just like five minutes. Yeah, hang on, I was gonna show the photo me having alcohol for the first time.
Speaker 3: Show me.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, is that you on the floor. Yes, it's me passed out on the gutter on the sleeping bag over there. Yeah, it's two different photos, it is.
Speaker 3: But I love that bottom photo. Someone is trying to roger her from behind.
Speaker 4: We'll put it on the back up pod page.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool. That's a great photo.
Speaker 3: That bottom photo is like a photo out of Mad and that was from UDLS Mad what flavor ud L?
Speaker 2: I think it would have been a Raspberry or a Classic.
Speaker 3: I know it might have if you were were they catering to your palette or they trying to make you grow up with a jack and a splash?
Speaker 2: No, it was a d L. Yeah, yeah, I think you know. My choice of drink was out of the closet. You've got to go look at that.
Speaker 3: That's stunning, and I'll get the photo of Peter with the sausages.
Speaker 2: Please do hello, Hey, do we.
Speaker 3: Have any messages from bark Wits.
Speaker 2: Of course we haven't had any people. You mean we haven't done the pot in four weeks.
Speaker 3: I wondered where there's plenty?
Speaker 2: O let me look at there's plenty.
Speaker 3: Well, you talk to mew smell smell terrible. I think this is terrible, terrible.
Speaker 2: I brought you in a lovely sent.
Speaker 3: You brought in beautiful replicacy replica. We've talked on this part. You love to smell like a fireplace.
Speaker 2: Uh huh my favorite.
Speaker 3: My husband likes to smell like a dirty ashtra on your news.
Speaker 2: Already got me a very expensive tom Ford leather for my birth Beauty free, Judy free smell so good?
Speaker 3: Are you wearing it now?
Speaker 2: I smell like an old chair, all right?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: So mine is not a good smell? Okay, what is it?
Speaker 3: Mine is not a good smell?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Well, I think this is what happened to me ninety nine percent? Sure you know when you've had washing, yeah, and you haven't taken it out of the machine. It is I define replica.
Speaker 2: You do what to invent? Musty washing?
Speaker 3: Clo musty washing horrible? Yeah, it's wet.
Speaker 2: You can't doing another water around.
Speaker 3: So when I got dressed today and I tried to put something nice.
Speaker 4: On, you look lovely in your What color is that salmon? I think peach, coral or coral apricol.
Speaker 3: Maybe some sort of melon cantalope the middle, not the outside, like avocados. So confusing when people avocado green the inside of the avocado, the outside of the avocado. Make yourself?
Speaker 2: Or the famous Randy joke blueberries and purple? Who's Randy the puppet? The Canadian blueberries and purple? That the rants on about.
Speaker 3: Famous, famous famous rand pretty famous.
Speaker 2: Famous Randy joke. None of that. Everyone knows who Randy is.
Speaker 3: I do know now when you say he Randy puppet, he's killing it.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, he lovely man legend the pups. Oh sorry, I mean Randy's das Randy.
Speaker 3: But I didn't know there was a famous Randy joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the blueberries a purple, the.
Speaker 3: Blueberries inside they're actually green?
Speaker 2: About that? Out of your mouse out? Terrible to me? People really really get Have they commented about it?
Speaker 3: Had they commented about Okay, if they haven't commented about it, I think this is a safe space for people like me.
Speaker 2: Listen to you scoff.
Speaker 4: Your face for an hour a week.
Speaker 3: So I don't I'm not actually eating this time, but come on, ner. So I had some pants on.
Speaker 2: I put them in the dryer before I left. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: Anyway, when I put them on and I was running around getting bottles of color and ice, thank you. That wasn't a thank you tone.
Speaker 2: I that was that time is really wrong? Let's shine again. Didn't like saying goodbye to Nana.
Speaker 3: Nan.
Speaker 2: You realize it was the final time. Oh my god, you've used the wrong time. All my grandparents no longer with us?
Speaker 3: Rip?
Speaker 2: Are they?
Speaker 3: I same with mine?
Speaker 2: Actually? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Anyway, And then I went, there's a terrible smell following me around the house.
Speaker 2: No, I know, no one likes very sensitive to smell. Smell. No one likes a smell. Okay, Oh dear God, give.
Speaker 3: Just smell the waistband so terrible, so terrible.
Speaker 2: You know what that is? You know what that is? You know what that is? That's costume shop. When you pick something.
Speaker 3: You Princess lead a great time in this outfit.
Speaker 2: No one put it away. Have a whiff of the.
Speaker 3: Steer, clear of the crotch, but just have a waist so terrible.
Speaker 2: Have a whiff of the waistburn? Is it terrible? Just you're going to burn them?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: Burn?
Speaker 2: You keep doing it? Why do you keep doing it?
Speaker 3: I can't believe that that can get okay. These were only not hung out after one day.
Speaker 2: You you.
Speaker 4: I would always thought you were a natural dryer. I'm surprised you used to dry.
Speaker 2: I didn't have time to dry.
Speaker 3: That's why everything else was on the washing line except towers.
Speaker 2: Do not air dry a towel out, you know, rip skin off? It's so hard. I like a rough Yeah, we love it. Excuse me. My idea of hell is a hard tell. I want to be great? Do you becme? But people like us?
Speaker 3: You know what we like?
Speaker 2: We like to be like cute.
Speaker 3: Little bears scratching our backs against the chunk. I aka a man.
Speaker 4: I exfoliate in the shower with my exfoliating glove.
Speaker 3: No that, Yeah, you're right, And I don't know why I thought you were gay.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I want.
Speaker 4: You're telling me that blokes don't have an exfoliating glove.
Speaker 3: What sort of exfoliant and glove do you use?
Speaker 4: It's one of those the cheap o's from because I replace it a lot, do you?
Speaker 2: Because I read about being discussed the never wear out.
Speaker 4: They're disgusting and it's also pumping microplastics into my skin.
Speaker 3: Bring it on, so the pan specific rubbish dumps all my all Nate valveo section skin. Just just know your gloves, just your hands.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I don't do it.
Speaker 4: I don't replace the glove every day, but every at least everything have a loofer.
Speaker 3: But a loof is so gross because it's natural.
Speaker 2: And in the holds of the water.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and sometimes the seed comes out. Yeah yeah, sorry, yeah, a seed.
Speaker 2: Comes what the loofer in it?
Speaker 3: There's a whole seed from the looferaf Like you used it so much on yourself that a seed came out. Am I like a couch and wanted to be bott I don't know that smells like a couch.
Speaker 2: It's terrible. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: Oh no, we're not never discussing.
Speaker 2: That every what never. This is this the first one, but we're.
Speaker 4: Like, we're really focused this year. We're gonna be really tight. Keep our stories the pre record chat.
Speaker 2: Wait, this is how we are?
Speaker 3: Are we?
Speaker 4: I want to tell this is what you said to me before we press record.
Speaker 3: None of these episodes they go for aur I've got to sit near listen to you.
Speaker 2: Bang on for an hour. I did too. And why did I say that, Nate?
Speaker 4: Because last time I was too much. I was eleven out of ten last time. And I've come down a few and now you've gone too.
Speaker 2: You've gone too. I'm summer come down.
Speaker 3: Not even your depressurizing personality can bring me back down.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 2: I'm as giddy as a girl. You know what, haven't we missed each other? I missed you terribly.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm doing the last bit detext from Dad. Welcome to the new and improved text from Mum?
Speaker 2: Segment goodness? But is this such a thing as a text from Dad? Wife?
Speaker 3: It's beautiful on there.
Speaker 4: Twenty twenty five, we are welcoming texts from Dad.
Speaker 3: Oh, my text from Mum.
Speaker 2: They've forgotten over the holidays. People forgot now texts from Dad.
Speaker 3: I can't even fathom. Is it about your car in the drive?
Speaker 4: One also will find out. I think they'll be very short. They'll be very very short messages.
Speaker 2: But there's there's.
Speaker 3: There's got one from Jusepe.
Speaker 2: I've got a text from Dad to kick us off, and it's a classic text from Dad. Here we go, text from Dad. Can you believe it?
Speaker 3: We need the intro games?
Speaker 2: A text from or Dad? Or Dad.
Speaker 4: The only real thing that Giuseppe and I really talk about is the car tires.
Speaker 3: You know, tires, sports, No.
Speaker 4: Just cars and tires. And I needed a service, didn't it? Message here still under you.
Speaker 2: Use this his whole profession.
Speaker 4: Literally, the guy replaced him.
Speaker 2: This is his work.
Speaker 3: What's the workshop called? Let's give them a shout out?
Speaker 2: Melbourne City? Toyota?
Speaker 3: Really where are they?
Speaker 2: Melbourne City? In the city in Elizabeth Street, that's the big one in the roundabout.
Speaker 3: That was one of the first things I ever saw when I came to Melbourne from Brisbane.
Speaker 2: Just said he would have been in their way and hoyer, Oh my goodness, what you have tinkered with me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: If you were broken or me exhaust, if you needed a tinker.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I need to get.
Speaker 2: That set out changed out. I needed to clean out waistline.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry. Major smell.
Speaker 4: So there was this December is very busy for my family birthdays, birthdays.
Speaker 2: It's a big month. It's like seven birthdays.
Speaker 3: About Cody or they were actually relieved.
Speaker 4: Birthday, my brother, couple of niece's birthdays. Uncle's just a lot of birthdays. There's a lot going on, right. So it was around that time, very short and sharp text between him and I car service. This is the guy, this is the number. I wrote, thanks see you Tuesday. He wrote, back watch Tuesday. I wrote back Christmas Eve? He wrote, back Jesus Christ it never ends, or Dad, Jesus.
Speaker 2: Christ, it nevers.
Speaker 3: And how perfect and ironically christmasy in the center?
Speaker 2: Well in one it's just perfect dads, What are they doing?
Speaker 3: I wonder if these alb people that yeah, like you know, sisters have always got a weird thing.
Speaker 2: Are we going to change it to text from someone in your family? It doesn't have the.
Speaker 3: Same if someone's got no, No, it doesn't doesn't. But I wonder if you would you have passag from your sister. Yeah, yeah, sisters, Sisters are a thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, how about I do also want an asterix this because I do think this stops people from sending him. You will change asterix this by.
Speaker 5: Saying why Asterix astros risk as to Risk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you wouldn't think it.
Speaker 3: Asterix is a cartoon character. No one says as I'm just being a bitch.
Speaker 4: It's fine, and you've told me on my face regime not regiment what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, Well, their words, it's all we've got. We're podcasters, that's.
Speaker 2: All literally.
Speaker 3: Say to that great opening.
Speaker 4: Will change people's names if you want us to, because at the buck Up Live a couple of people said, we.
Speaker 2: Would love to see, but we don't want to get in trouble. You know you're right, so we'll change the names. Change the name, like the.
Speaker 3: Name of that cartoon character Asterisk. They changed his name to Asterisk and nobody ever recognized.
Speaker 2: Him Jesus Christ that never had.
Speaker 3: The buck Up Podcast is hosted by me Kate Langbrook and him Nathan Valvo. It's produced by the brilliant Sasha French. Audio and sound by the magnificent Yack Lawrence you might call him Jack and Dom Evans. Oh we're lucky.